PDA

View Full Version : Which Non-Laker, Objective NBA Fan Believes that Lamar Odom Should Be An All-Star?

ko8e24
11-22-2010, 12:33 AM
After 9 yrs in the association for being called O-Dumb, a poor man's Pippen to Jordan (Kobe), Mr. inconsistent, with personal tragedies and drug involvement etc., versatile but just a "potential" prospect, being called soft (along with Pau in the '08 Finals)...

And then yr 10 winning his 1st title, and then yr 11 winning his 2nd title....

After 12 yrs in the association....do you, the objective, non-Laker NBA Fan believe that Lamar Odom has finally punched his ticket to the NBA All-Star Game?

Thoughts...

IAmKira
11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
he should be voted in as a reserve by THE coach. But thats just me.. a Lakers fan :]

Hawkeye15
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
nope

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 12:45 AM
nope

tredigs
11-22-2010, 12:51 AM
With the fact that Paul Millsap is not even on the ballot, I'm going to go with a resounding "hell no".

At the forward spots ahead of him we're looking at: Durant, Melo, Pau, Rudy Gay, Dirk, Duncan and you can probably Zach Randolph and Blake Griffin as well. No room for Odom to jump that pack. That's 5 PF's, and 3 other SF's (it matters, since they can add them as a "forward" in general) that are all ahead of him imo.

Also, his production will take a hit when Bynum returns.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2010, 12:55 AM
With the fact that Paul Millsap is not even on the ballot, I'm going to go with a resounding "hell no".

At the forward spots ahead of him we're looking at: Durant, Melo, Pau, Rudy Gay, Dirk, Duncan and you can probably Zach Randolph and Blake Griffin as well. No room for Odom to jump that pack. That's 5 PF's, and 3 other SF's (it matters, since they can add them as a "forward" in general) that are all ahead of him imo.

Kevin Love deserves it over Odom

nbafan63
11-22-2010, 12:57 AM

If Lamar was given the same amount of minutes on the Timberwolves, he would be better than Kevin Love - hands down.

xabial
11-22-2010, 01:01 AM
If Lamar was given the same amount of minutes on the Timberwolves, he would be better than Kevin Love - hands down.

Lets get something straight. K. Love had the 1st 30-30 Game in 28 years. That means nobody in the League, NOBODY NOT DWIGHT, NOT GASOL, NOT CAMBY, NOT BARKLAY, HAS DONE IT. The man has exceptional talent. Odom has no polished offense, and i believe at this moment in time Love is a better offensive player then odom, and better Rebounder. Yes, Odom plays with Bynum, and Gasol, but Love Just has that rebounding Nose. He has a feel for the Ball. Reminds me of a Camby. Id take Love Over Odom any day of the week. And lets not compare how good they were at their respective ages.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-22-2010, 01:07 AM
There are at least 30-40 players guaranteed to be better than him.

And seeing as there are only 24 spots for both teams, he probably will never be an All star.

nbafan63
11-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Lets get something straight. K. Love had the 1st 30-30 Game in 28 years. That means nobody in the League, NOBODY NOT DWIGHT, NOT GASOL, NOT CAMBY, NOT BARKLAY, HAS DONE IT. The man has exceptional talent. Odom has no polished offense, and i believe at this moment in time Love is a better offensive player then odom, and better Rebounder. Yes, Odom plays with Bynum, and Gasol, but Love Just has that rebounding Nose. He has a feel for the Ball. Reminds me of a Camby. Id take Love Over Odom any day of the week. And lets not compare how good they were at their respective ages.

yah and he also had a big fat ZERO points in 30min game. What does that tell you? Crappy player on crappy team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-22-2010, 01:17 AM

odom has more impact on his team than love, he's a can get you triple double on any given night

and odom was pretty good when he was as young as Love, averaging 6 assists per game

Teeboy1487
11-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Lamar is playing great but hardly at an all star level. If he averaged 20-22 points then he might have a slight chance and only slight.

whitekimbo
11-22-2010, 01:27 AM
I think Lamar Odom should get an all star nod, he's married to Khloe so you know his life is rough. Give the guy something positive in his life...

Avenged
11-22-2010, 01:28 AM
I say no.. too much talent for him to make it. Won't stop me from voting though. ;)

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 01:31 AM
What happened to non-laker fans? Hes not an AS player and never will be. Guys like Kevin Love won't even make it this year.

Bishnoff
11-22-2010, 01:40 AM
No, because the West ballot is stacked with Forwards who deserve it more.

ink
11-22-2010, 01:44 AM
All Star or not, Odom is one of the most under-valued players in the league.

ko8e24
11-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Just wanted to throw this out:

Last yr, Al Horford of the Hawks made the All-Star team averaging 14.2 ppg, 9.9 rbg, 2.3 apg, 55.1% FG and 78.9% FT, as the 3rd option behind Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

This yr, Lamar Odom of the Lakers is averaging 14.6 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.9 apg, 57.7% FG, 52.4% 3-pt and 59.5% FT, as the 3rd option behind Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

kblo247
11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
He should.

Lamar is having one of the most efficient seasons for a starting PF right now in the league. His play is on par with Duncan, KG, and others. He is more efficient than Love who is shooting in the 40s. He is on the best team in the west, and a present has been sat in the past when three Suns and three Spurs have been made all stars all in the same year.

Plus out west, you should not be an all star on a losing team. That is just how things mainly are out there, and if they weren't Monta Ellis, Al Jefferson, Elton Brand, and so many others would have been multiple time all stars

Baller1
11-22-2010, 02:01 AM
He's a great player, and I guess he's deserving at this point in the young season, but as the season continues his numbers will likely begin to regress back to the mean.

He'll never be an all-star, at least not while he's with this team.

drobe86
11-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Odom is merely a guy.... What's next Shannon Brown and Steve Blake should be all stars? Lakers fans take it way too far....

tangent12
11-22-2010, 02:08 AM
The guy is a decent player, nothing more, nothing less. So ... no.

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Resounding no.

All guys that are more deserving:

Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Tim Duncan
Zach Randolph
Paul Millsap
LaMarcus Aldridge
Rudy Gay
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Luis Scola
Michael Beasley

D Roses Bulls
11-22-2010, 02:11 AM

love is averaging a little better right now I believe, but Odom is that x-factor for the lakers everyone over looks. and w's are more important so I can not agree with you until the wolves start winning.

ko8e24
11-22-2010, 02:12 AM
he should.

Lamar is having one of the most efficient seasons for a starting pf right now in the league. His play is on par with duncan, kg, and others. He is more efficient than love who is shooting in the 40s. He is on the best team in the west, and a present has been sat in the past when three suns and three spurs have been made all stars all in the same year.

Plus out west, you should not be an all star on a losing team. That is just how things mainly are out there, and if they weren't monta ellis, al jefferson, elton brand, and so many others would have been multiple time all stars

this

DerekRE_3
11-22-2010, 02:12 AM
no

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 02:15 AM

Last yr, Al Horford of the Hawks made the All-Star team averaging 14.2 ppg, 9.9 rbg, 2.3 apg, 55.1% FG and 78.9% FT, as the 3rd option behind Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

This yr, Lamar Odom of the Lakers is averaging 14.6 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.9 apg, 57.7% FG, 52.4% 3-pt and 59.5% FT, as the 3rd option behind Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

Al Horford did that for 2/3's of the season on a fully fit Atlanta team and he was in the weaker East (less big man competition).

When Bynum comes back, Odom's numbers will drop back down to about 10/8/3... Hardly All-Star worthy.

ko8e24
11-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Resounding no.

All guys that are more deserving:

Carmelo Anthony (Yes)
Kevin Durant (Yes-starter)
Pau Gasol (Yes-starter)
Tim Duncan (Yes)
Zach Randolph (Last yr was his best, he has to surpass stats and impact this yr)
Paul Millsap (1 good game, but not as consistent yet)
LaMarcus Aldridge (Not more impactful than Lamar)
Rudy Gay (Yes)
Blake Griffin (On the 1-win Clippers team)
Kevin Love (Losing team)
Luis Scola (Lost like first 7 games of the season, Rockets last team in the league to win a game)
Michael Beasley (losing team)

So Lamar is basically competiting with TD, Rudy Gay and Melo. And you forgot Dirk, who should be a lock as a starter as well along with Pau (starter for C) and KD.

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 02:17 AM
this

I find it hilarious that you ask for a "Non-Laker, Objective NBA Fan" view and then agree with a Laker homer...

MTone8788
11-22-2010, 02:19 AM
The guy is a decent player, nothing more, nothing less. So ... no.

I hope you're not serious with this post because it's ridiculous... Lamar Odom is WAY BETTER than "decent". He not only can score and rebound, but he handles the ball as well as any other 6'10 big man in the league, if not better. He shoots a high percentage and he assists as well. The Lakers are the best team in the league, Pau Gasol is the best big man in the league right now, and Odom DESERVES to be an all star, but I don't know whether or not he will be with all the great players out west. Still, I'd take him as an all star over a lot of others are losing teams.

MTone8788
11-22-2010, 02:21 AM
BTW, I find it hilarious you, Khalifa, said Michael Beasley is more deserving. Why, because he scores more points? LMAO, he takes 18 shots a game as the first option on a horrible team compared to Lamar's 11 shots a game. Not to mention he is not half the defender Lamar is, or rebound, or passer.

tredigs
11-22-2010, 02:22 AM

Valid, but you've got to take into account the conferences and position. Getting in as a backup center in the east is easier than as a forward in the West.

He is playing great though, and the guy is absolutely all-star caliber on a lot of nights. I'd even disagree with those that think Love should be ahead of him (sorry Hawk). Odom's putting up his 15 a game on ~58% shooting, while love is nearly in the 30's at this point. Odom's also the better defender of the two, so I think he should get the nod if it was between those two.

Byronicle
11-22-2010, 02:23 AM
all star over the likes of nowitzski, duncan and even scola. sorry but no, i mean he is pretty damn good and versatile but could he do that if he wasnt on the Lakers team? Luis Scola is maing Houston's games pretty close even though Ming and Brooks are injured

even blake is better than odom

el_primo_nano
11-22-2010, 02:24 AM
he is a great role player. not an all star, sorry. Blake Griffin is an all-star, Michael Beasley is an all star. Do you think Lamar is at par with those guys? no. just look at who he replaces when he comes on, Pau Gasol. Those guys are pure class, Lamar is great, but not an all-star

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 02:25 AM
So Lamar is basically competiting with TD, Rudy Gay and Melo. And you forgot Dirk, who should be a lock as a starter as well along with Pau (starter for C) and KD.

How can you say Millsap has only had one good game?? The guy has averaged 20/9 on 57% shooting through 14 games so far. Way more deserving than Lamar.

Take off your homer goggles for once... Lamar doesn't deserve to be an All-Star over the guys I mentioned. He's the third option on one of the most stacked teams in the league. All the other guys are first or second options on weaker teams... They are clearly more impactful than Odom.

Being an All-Star isn't all about team record, it's about recognizing individual performance and all of the guys I mentioned are having better individual seasons than Odom. Granted it would be surprising to see Griffin or Beasley making it from such poor teams, but it's not their fault they aren't surrounded by an abundance of talent.

There are about 7 or 8 guys all way more deserving than Odom. You wanted a non-biased opinion... There you go.

tredigs
11-22-2010, 02:28 AM
BTW, I find it hilarious you, Khalifa, said Michael Beasley is more deserving. Why, because he scores more points? LMAO, he takes 18 shots a game as the first option on a horrible team compared to Lamar's 11 shots a game. Not to mention he is not half the defender Lamar is, or rebound, or passer.

Lottery team or not, If Beasley continues the production he's had over the past 7 games, then he has a very legit argument.

Name Team Pos g min/g pts/g 3/g reb/g ast/g stl/g blk/g fg% fga/g ft% fta/g to/g

Beasley MIN F 7 38.3 29.3 1.4 6.0 2.3 1.6 1.0 0.522 23.0 0.750 5.1 3.4

^That's the type of stat line that garners MVP contention (on good teams). Definitely good enough for an all star bid.

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 02:31 AM

I'm not directly comparing the two players because they're both different. Beasley has a better offensive game and he does what's required of him. He's the first option so he gets 18 shots a game. He stays efficient though and gives you nearly 23 points a night at almost 50% shooting so you can't knock him for that. I'm sure if you put Odom on that T'Wolves team his numbers would go up but his efficiency would plummet. Having Kobe and Pau on your team opens up the game so much for you.

numba1CHANGsta
11-22-2010, 02:37 AM
yes he deserves it! He's a double-double machine and shoots at a high percentage, the big three of Kobe, Pau, and LO has been better all season long than the big three of Wade, Bosh, and Lebron, so if those three get to be all-stars this year then why not LO?

believeinNYK
11-22-2010, 02:44 AM
Nope there's too much competition for him to make it

kblo247
11-22-2010, 02:50 AM
I find it hilarious that you ask for a "Non-Laker, Objective NBA Fan" view and then agree with a Laker homer...

How does me being honest make me purely a homer?

KG is averaging 16 and 9 on 52% shooting and he will be an all star out east

Duncan is averaging 14 and 10 on 48% shooting
Love is averaging 19 and 14 on 41% shooting
West is averaging 18 and 7 on 53% shooting
Blake is averaging 19 and 11 on 49% shooting after the stats boost from the Knicks game

Lamar is legitimately producing on par, if not better than them on the best team in the league.

I'll give you Dirk and Milsap, but the other forwards out west aren't winning or playing better.

Lamar's stats are on par or better with that of Marion and Ginobili who were voted in as the third all stars of the prospective teams because of their winning records.

Monta Ellis, Al Jefferson, and Elton Brand, were passed over to name a few out west because their all star players are expected to be on 500 teams or better. Out East, it is accepted that most teams have a losing record and ignored, but out west your record it is taken into consideration. Knowing that, there is no way Love, Beasley, or those guys come close to sniffing the all star game.

Blake also won't make it because he is on a losing team and he is a rookie. Rookies don't generally make it as Wade, Melo, Lebron, and Amare were all passed over when they were rooks.

jackdawson
11-22-2010, 03:11 AM
I say HELL NO!

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 03:20 AM

Probably the fact that I haven't seen one non-Laker fan say he deserves it... :shrug:

kblo247
11-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Probably the fact that I haven't seen one non-Laker fan say he deserves it... :shrug:

I'm bringing facts and past precedents into the argument, not just saying yeah Lamar belongs without any basis.

I'm a Laker fan, but I don't think that is me just being bias when I do that, do you?

Me and Mr. T
11-22-2010, 03:24 AM
Nope, not even close to an AS.

Raph12
11-22-2010, 03:34 AM

This... With an emphasis on the "HELL NO"!

kblo247
11-22-2010, 03:38 AM
I still say that they will put Pau in as C and Yao will hopefully withdraw himself and his votes.

shep33
11-22-2010, 03:41 AM
I think he should, but I'm a Laker fan. Kobe and Pau are given, but LO should get a nod. Seriously if the Pistons a few years back had Billups, Hamilton, Prince and Wallace... why can't the Lakers get 3?

I think the coaches acknowledge him, and he gets in. But that's just my opinion.

Storch
11-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Odom is a great player, but he doesn't deserve the all-star recognition more than others in the league. Oh, and i'm a Laker fan.

Bruno
11-22-2010, 04:50 AM

If I were trying to make an argument for Odom being an all-star I'd say that Odom has a more total win-shares and a higher WS per/48 than every player you've listed. He also leads all those player in TS%.

Odom- 1.7 WS, 0.178 WS/48.
Duncan- 1.1 WS, 0.114 WS/48.
Dirk- 1.6 WS, 0.175 WS/48.
Gay- 1.7 WS, 0.139 WS/48.
Carmelo- 1.5 WS, 0.150 WS/48.
Durant- 1.0 WS, 0.104 WS/48.
Love- 1.1 WS, 0.119 WS/48
Griffin- 0.8 WS, 0.007 WS/48.
Randolph- 1.0 WS, 0.139 WS/48.

Odom- PER- 18.8. TS%- .611.
Duncan- PER- 19.8. TS%- .514.
Dirk- PER- 21.1. TS%- .596.
Gay- PER- 19.5. TS% .571
Carmelo- PER- 22.4. TS% .549.
Durant- PER- 21.1. TS%- .552.
Love- PER- 20.9. TS%- .549.
Griffin- PER- 19.3. TS%- .523.
Randolph- PER- 20.1. TS%- .548.

Odom leads every player you named in win-shares, he is the most efficient from the field. His PER is slightly lower than the others; every other player named is either the first or second offensive option on their given team. Theres an argument for Odom but he'll probably never be an all-star; this would be the year though, he's posting his 2nd highest PER ever.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/odomla01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nowitdi01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gayru01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randoza01.html

asandhu23
11-22-2010, 04:57 AM
with the team he has, hell no.

GoatMilk
11-22-2010, 04:58 AM
he's having another really nice, under the radar season, but i must admit, i thought his numbers were better

Enemey
11-22-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm not directly comparing the two players because they're both different. Beasley has a better offensive game and he does what's required of him. He's the first option so he gets 18 shots a game. He stays efficient though and gives you nearly 23 points a night at almost 50% shooting so you can't knock him for that. I'm sure if you put Odom on that T'Wolves team his numbers would go up but his efficiency would plummet. Having Kobe and Pau on your team opens up the game so much for you.

Hmm.... Didn't Beasly play with Dwayne Wade for two years and was hurting the team more then helping? I'm pretty sure if those two were swapped teams beasly would hurt the lakers while Odom would help the T'wolves.

Khalifa21
11-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Hmm.... Didn't Beasly play with Dwayne Wade for two years and was hurting the team more then helping? I'm pretty sure if those two were swapped teams beasly would hurt the lakers while Odom would help the T'wolves.

Did you ever watch the Heat when Beasley played for them? Spoelstra just stuck him in the corner as far away from Wade as possible and ran isolations for Wade.

The way he's broke out this year is further evidence of how he was misused in that system. He's in a system that suits his style of play, he wasn't in Miami, so I don't think it's fair at all to compare the two scenarios.

skiflyer
11-22-2010, 05:52 AM

Lamar is an AllStar and a double double machine that can and has played all 5 spots on the floor. He is as good or better as everyone you mention on your list. Back to Back and heading for a 3peat, hello!!!! Oh and we are voting NOW for what has been done this year!

alencp3
11-22-2010, 06:01 AM
I hope Blake Griffin makes it but I doubt it Clippers suck

skiflyer
11-22-2010, 06:01 AM
he is a great role player. not an all star, sorry. Blake Griffin is an all-star, Michael Beasley is an all star. Do you think Lamar is at par with those guys? no. just look at who he replaces when he comes on, Pau Gasol. Those guys are pure class, Lamar is great, but not an all-star

Blake Griffin is NOT an ALL STAR, his team if the worst in the NBA and he will break a bone soon because he plays way too wild :cry:endangering himself and others. Launching himself off the back of a defender is a clear Foul, but not to fear he will be on IR soon enough.

Lamar is better than everyone you have mentioned from a statistacal stand poing and because he has 2 rings on his way to a 3rd!:cool::clap:

Furymaker
11-22-2010, 06:03 AM
i think that odom could be all star if they rank him as a center.

Daze9900
11-22-2010, 08:37 AM

No he wouldn't. That's why he's on the bench right now. His whole career has been like that. He has all the tools to be a world class play and it wasn't till Kobe probably got in his ear thats when he started playing more consistent. And even still just two seasons ago Lakers fans were trying to be rid of him. He is not an all star.

Raidaz4Life
11-22-2010, 08:42 AM
No, because the West ballot is stacked with Forwards who deserve it more.

This

johnwayne
11-22-2010, 09:15 AM
odom has more impact on his team than love, he's a can get you triple double on any given night
and odom was pretty good when he was as young as Love, averaging 6 assists per game

1. Odom has minimal impact on the lakers...the play of bryant and gasol dictate whether the lakers get a W or an L.

2. 12 triple doubles in 761 games is not on "any given night"...with those numbers you could say that he has a 1.5% chance of getting a triple double vs. Chicago on Tuesday....not "any given night" chances....QUIT BEIN A HOMER, it ruins sports debates.

Public Enemy #1
11-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Nope, Odom doesn't deserve an All Star nod, he is overrated. Sorry

ShakeN'Bake
11-22-2010, 10:44 AM
After 9 yrs in the association for being called O-Dumb, a poor man's Pippen to Jordan (Kobe), Mr. inconsistent, with personal tragedies and drug involvement etc., versatile but just a "potential" prospect, being called soft (along with Pau in the '08 Finals)...

And then yr 10 winning his 1st title, and then yr 11 winning his 2nd title....

After 12 yrs in the association....do you, the objective, non-Laker NBA Fan believe that Lamar Odom has finally punched his ticket to the NBA All-Star Game?

Thoughts...

With this post it sounds like your trying to make the all-star game a service award. Especially your last sentence. What does him having played 12 years in the NBA having anything to do with him making an all-star game?

pebloemer
11-22-2010, 10:56 AM
There are at least 30-40 players guaranteed to be better than him.

And seeing as there are only 24 spots for both teams, he probably will never be an All star.

This.

Odom is a great talent and is playing very well for the best team in the league. He is a big part of their success, but there is simply too much talent in the league for him to find a spot in the all-star game.

John Walls Era
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
:laugh: so a laker fan asks the non-laker fans if Odom should be an All-star. Non-laker fans say no, but they refuse to accept this. Hes a good player for sure, but won't ever be an AS.

king4day
11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
I haven't been watching so I can't judge. I need his statline and guys who could compete with him for that spot.

mikantsass
11-22-2010, 11:24 AM
He is playing very well this year but i dont think he is quite an all star yet. And in a few weeks his production will slip with the return of Bynum.

xbrackattackx
11-22-2010, 11:24 AM

You forget dude, Beasley scores more points so that makes him better...:rolleyes:

Gibby23
11-22-2010, 11:32 AM

The same Kevin love that was held scoreless by Odom? Odom also held David lee scoreless earlier in the year.

Sly Guy
11-22-2010, 11:43 AM
I say no.. too much talent for him to make it. Won't stop me from voting though. ;)

it's because of people like you yi jianlian is always a threat to make the all-star team.

STOP HOMERISM!
haha

The Final Boss
11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Who gives a **** about the AS Game? It isn't for the best players its for the dumb little kids to vote in their fav players who have no business playing ie. McGrady and Iverson.

Hunter48MVP
11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I think Lamar Odom should get an all star nod, he's married to Khloe so you know his life is rough. Give the guy something positive in his life...

:laugh2:

Trouble87
11-22-2010, 12:06 PM
to me he was closer to a All-Star when he was on the Heat

LO, Eddie Jones, and D-Wade were all balling extremely hard back then

kblo247
11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I haven't been watching so I can't judge. I need his statline and guys who could compete with him for that
spot.

Odom - 15, 11, and 4 asts on 58% shooting from the field and 52% shooting from three

As for the other guys, I posted this argument for Lamar earlier with their stats and past precedents

KG is averaging 16 and 9 on 52% shooting and he will be an all star out east

Duncan is averaging 14 and 10 on 48% shooting
Love is averaging 19 and 14 on 41% shooting
West is averaging 18 and 7 on 53% shooting
Blake is averaging 19 and 11 on 49% shooting after the stats boost from the Knicks game
Dirk is averaging 24 and 8 on 52% shooting
Millsap is averaging 20 and 9 on 57% shooting
Lee is averagin 14 and 11 on 46% shooting

Lamar is legitimately producing on par, if not better than them on the best team in the league.

I'll give you Dirk and Milsap, but the other forwards out west aren't winning or playing better.

Lamar's stats are on par or better with that of Marion and Ginobili who were voted in as the third all stars of the prospective teams because of their winning records.

Monta Ellis, Al Jefferson, and Elton Brand, were passed over to name a few out west because their all star players are expected to be on 500 teams or better. Out East, it is accepted that most teams have a losing record and ignored, but out west your record it is taken into consideration. Knowing that, there is no way Love, Beasley, or those guys come close to sniffing the all star game.

Blake also won't make it because he is on a losing team and he is a rookie. Rookies don't generally make it as Wade, Melo, Lebron, and Amare were all passed over when they were rooks.

If you wanted to talk matchups, LO did not guard Love in the first game. He guarded him in the second game and Love never scored. David Lee never scored when they played the Warriors as well.

ManRam
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Too many big names in front of him, and too many people getting more attention. I think Kobe and Pau should start, but I think they're the only two that make it. Odom is having a tremendous year, but as the 3rd/4th option, he's not going to get a ton of love, especially when there are plenty of players out there who have better basic numbers (stats fans notice, like points and rebounds). I don't think the coaches would take LO over a lot of these guys either.

Guys who I think would make it over LO, be it fans or coaches: Melo, Durant, Rudy Gay, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin (yes, even as a rookie), Pau, Scola, Dirk, Love, Millsap and probably David Lee (sadly). I think Melo, Durant, Duncan, Pau and Dirk are locks, and usually, only 5 forwards will make it.

Again, he's having a great year, but it just isn't going to happen. He may very well deserve it (I'm on the fence, leaning towards no), but again, he just isn't going to top most of those guys.

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I thought Odom has been putting out an all-star calibre performance since he was with the Clippers, and most especially with the Heat. The year he spent with the Heat he really showed that he could lead a team and share the ball. I understand his not making the All-Star team because his numbers are meek compared to most All-Stars, but he is a team player who takes the bullet for the betterment of his team. He comes off the bench and plays into his team, focuses on what he can offer them while not demanding the ball on offence, but playing consistently enough that the defence has to pay attention to him.

Talent wise, he is an all-star calibre player. If you put him on a team like the Pistons or the Raptors, he would be putting up better numbers than Bosh did in TO, because he is just as capable a scorer, just as good a rebounder and a much better passer and defender. He just happens to be on a deep team and he knows what he needs to do to help the team win, so his stats take a hit.

But thre is a reason the the Heat gave him a contract that paid him close to 15 million in the final year, and there is a reason why Lakers are paying him 7 millions + Because he IS that good.

da wood
11-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Zach Randolph
Paul Millsap
LaMarcus Aldridge
Rudy Gay
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Luis Scola
Michael Beasley
all on losing teams minus milsap and 1 44 point game does not get you to the allstar game

Avenged
11-22-2010, 01:24 PM
it's because of people like you yi jianlian is always a threat to make the all-star team.

STOP HOMERISM!
haha

:laugh2:

My All-star ballot consists of Fisher/Kobe/Odom/Gasol/Bynum.. :drool:

LakersA's49ers
11-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I love Lamar! But.............an allstar is not in his future. Too much talent at the position. The Lakers representatives will be Kobe and Pau. I can't see Bynum this year.

iliketurtles24
11-22-2010, 01:43 PM
i think he is a solid player that would benefit any team, but by no means an all star, and that said with respect to him, and his recent accomplishments

ttam68
11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't be upset if he got in. He's definitely an all-star quality talent and has had a great year, but his usage isn't high enough on the Lakers for his stats to stand out (more than they do). Its nice to get representation from different teams, and theres a ton of other forwards that are just as deserving, but if LA keeps on this pace (12-2) he could easily be a reserve.

GodsSon
11-22-2010, 02:05 PM
The guy has always been one of my favourite players in the entire league and has been a top two 6th man the last few seasons; add to that the fact that could be a starter on most teams and it's easy to say the guy is severely under-rated.

He has an outside shot of being selected by the coaches, but I don't see it happening

Lim
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM
LO is an OG... thats all that matters

ShakeN'Bake
11-22-2010, 03:04 PM
If he doesn't make the AS game then just give him some candy, that will cheer him up.

blystr2002
11-22-2010, 03:32 PM
If he was ever going to get to an All Star game this would be the year. He is averaging 15 pts. 11 reb. 4 assist while shooting 60%. Any player who is on the floor with Kobe and Gasol won't average more than that. It is a deep position in the west though, so It wouldn't be a travesty if he didn't get it.

ShakeN'Bake
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
You should have added a poll.

anpmp
11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Odom is definitely having a good start to the season, but I wouldn't say he deserves an All-Star nod over many other forwards in the west (like Durant, Gasol, Nowitski, Duncan, Melo, Millsap, Gay, etc). These other guys are getting impressive stats while getting lots of attention from opposing defenses. Odom simply doesn't get as much attention with Kobe and Gasol on the team.

He does deserve credit for taking advantage of the lack of a body on him, but not enough to warrant a spot on the west all-star team. Perhaps if the Lakers were playing in the east, he could make the team.

Bruno
11-22-2010, 06:46 PM
1. Odom has minimal impact on the lakers...the play of bryant and gasol dictate whether the lakers get a W or an L.

Not true at all. Watch a Lakers game.

Bruno
11-22-2010, 06:47 PM
1. Odom has minimal impact on the lakers.

IDB Josh M
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Lamar compliments alot of players. Considering that he got the "Team Captain" position in the World Championship teams suggests that it takes more than being an exceptionally good player to be considered an all star. I think lamar is one of those underrated, under-appreciated type players, and he's fine with that.

He's an all star, but he's not exactly trying to be an all star.

If he doesn't make the AS game then just give him some candy, that will cheer him up.

With the exception of Candy, Odom doesn't really care for such things.

anpmp
11-22-2010, 07:35 PM

I think johnwayne is wrong in what he's said, but may just be trying to convey that Kobe and Gasol are more important to the team's success. Odom does have an impact on games as far as whether the Lakers get a W or an L (i.e. they usually win when Odom plays well). But it doesn't necessarily means he's as important to them as Kobe or Gasol.

If the Lakers have Kobe or Gasol go down with an injury, the Lakers will miss them because they are consistent performers. If the Lakers have Odom go down with an injury, they won't miss him as much since someone else can step up in his place.

Role players typically decide whether the team gets a win or a loss, not because they are more important than the star players. But because the star players of the team perform consistently game to game and it's the play of the role players that typically determine whether the team will win or not.

dtmagnet
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
No, not good enough.

Bruno
11-22-2010, 10:52 PM
I think johnwayne is wrong in what he's said, but may just be trying to convey that Kobe and Gasol are more important to the team's success. Odom does have an impact on games as far as whether the Lakers get a W or an L (i.e. they usually win when Odom plays well). But it doesn't necessarily means he's as important to them as Kobe or Gasol.

If the Lakers have Kobe or Gasol go down with an injury, the Lakers will miss them because they are consistent performers. If the Lakers have Odom go down with an injury, they won't miss him as much since someone else can step up in his place.

Role players typically decide whether the team gets a win or a loss, not because they are more important than the star players. But because the star players of the team perform consistently game to game and it's the play of the role players that typically determine whether the team will win or not.

Right, but that shouldn't be what dictates an all-star. Either player A is out playing the other players at his given position, or he isnt- regardless of who else is on his team. As of right now, Odom is playing just as well as other forwards that people assume are locks. Not saying they aren't locks, I know guys like Durant, Melo, Dirk, and Duncan will probably be all-stars; what annoys me is how people automatically write off Odom- if they looked at the numbers and actually watched the games they'd recognize he's been just as good as his competition at the forward spot.

Odom is more than a role player with the Lakers, with Bynum out he is an all-star caliber player. I know Odom won't make the team, I'm just calling out people who aimlessly say Odom isn't worthy; they just don't know what they're talking about, they havent assessed the stats, or watched the games.

kswissdaf
11-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Solid player but all star please

Jenceman
11-23-2010, 01:12 AM
He's been more efficient than any other forward (Gasol is playing center right now) in the west, but I doubt he gets in. Twould be nice.

ChiSox219
11-23-2010, 01:30 AM
I think Odom should be an all-star.

He's a great player capable of contributing in a myriad of ways.

Probably the most underrated player in the league because people think he hasn't reached his potential and he doesn't score 25 points a night.

Ripper Gein
11-23-2010, 02:38 AM
What happened to non-laker fans? Hes not an AS player and never will be. Guys like Kevin Love won't even make it this year.

Is there such a thing? Deep down EVERYBODY! is a Lakers fan:D

LA_Raiders
11-23-2010, 03:36 AM
He will be there by coach vote, Phil's vote, he like the dude..

LA_Raiders
11-23-2010, 03:37 AM
He is playing way better than Bosh...

ko8e24
01-11-2011, 10:21 PM
These are his current statistics. We are about a month away from the All-Star game in LA.

Lamar Odom:

38 Games
34.5 MPG
15.5 PPG
9.8 RPG
3.1 APG
0.50 SPG
0.84 BPG
56.6% FG (3rd in the league)
32.8% 3pt
65.2% FT

He's average 15.5 points and 10 boards a game, and that too as the 6th man after the return of Bynum back to the starting lineup.

What are your thoughts now. Lamar Odom has been, coincidentally, the most consistent Laker all-season.

cargobox
01-11-2011, 10:26 PM

Damn, it feels good to be a Taylor.

RocketPower2010
01-11-2011, 10:29 PM

EAST

WEST

Not hard

thekmp211
01-11-2011, 10:30 PM
other years maybe, but blake and love are having phenomenal years for losing teams and need to be added to the game.

Wade>You
01-11-2011, 10:32 PM
He's an all-star in my mind, it's just there's other all-stars that have a bigger role and producing more.

Sadds The Gr8
01-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Dirk, Blake, Love, Gasol, Randolph....nope.

kobe24>lebron23
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Dirk, Blake, Love, Gasol, Randolph....nope.

Randolph??

MrfadeawayJB
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
way too many deserving forwards over lamar odom

The GEEEEE Men
01-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Atleast he gets to go home to Klohe every night :puke:

kobe24>lebron23
01-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Khloe aint that bad^^
And lamar will make it just cuz its in LA

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Randolph??

Zack Randolph.

HoopsDrive
01-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Nah.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Khloe aint that bad^^
And lamar will make it just cuz its in LA

I can't really see him making it.

It's great he is having a career year but there are so much other players who are just killing it.

If anything, this can be the West team

C-Duncan, Dirk, Randolph
PF-Gasol, Love, Griffin
SF-Durant, Carmelo
SG-Kobe, Ginobili, Nash
PG-Paul, Williams, Westbrook

And even with that team, I still go over 12 players but all those players arguably deserve to go in over Odom.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Zack Randolph.

First episode of The Game sucked IMO.

td0tsfinest
01-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Well with the chance of Melo leaving the West, it could help him out. If the Melo deal is complete, then I could see KD, Gasol and Dirk starting for the west . All forwards. (Yao is probably going to win C and be replaced by Gasol)

So, there's 4 forwards spots left, that could possibly go to Rudy Gay, Kevin Love, Beasley, Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph and maybe even Lamar Odom.

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
First episode of The Game sucked IMO.

how? i thought it was really good.

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 01:45 AM

hahahahha...

15 points and 10 rebounds and 3 assists gets a "Resounding hell no" and milsap gets 17 points 8 rebounds and 2 assists... Pretty much the same numbers.. But Lamar gets a "Resounding hell no"?? ok

nickdymez
01-12-2011, 01:47 AM
anyway, I dont think he should make it.. But its not a "resounding hell no".

Raps18-19 Champ
01-12-2011, 01:52 AM
how? i thought it was really good.

I was used to all the jokes and this episode lacked jokes. And half the jokes they made weren't as funny.

If they have more of a serious show for this season, I probably won't be watching.

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2011, 01:54 AM
I was used to all the jokes and this episode lacked jokes. And half the jokes they made weren't as funny.

If they have more of a serious show for this season, I probably won't be watching.

yea i admit that was the one thing i didn't like. It was a little bit too serious and not enough comedy. Hopefully it's not like that the rest of the way. I don't want it to become a soap opera...

The Final Boss
01-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Khloe looks like Jay Leno with a wig...

Wade>You
01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Khloe aint that bad^^
:puke:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/25/alg_khloe-kardashian_lamar-odom.jpg

and that's with million-dollar makeup and stuff.

Lim
01-12-2011, 09:12 PM
:puke:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/25/alg_khloe-kardashian_lamar-odom.jpg

and that's with million-dollar makeup and stuff.

hes dating her for her fame not her looks. she has a good personality too! looks aint everything!!

Hawkeye15
01-12-2011, 09:15 PM
not with Love, Gasol, Griffin, Melo, Dirk, and a couple others at the forward position. Odom does not deserve an All star nod