PDA

View Full Version : Haslem out several weeks and possibly longer, w/ torn ligament

LTBaByyy
11-21-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-udonis-haslem-s112110,0,81733.story

UPDATE FROM TREDIGS: "WOW - Update. He's out until at least late February, and may miss the entire regular season."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...w-haslem112110

Thoughts??

*Superman*
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Bummer for the Heat. **** happens. Too bad it was Haslem, one of the few guys I respect on that team.

numba1CHANGsta
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
well now with both Haslem and Mike Miller out, they have no bench what so ever, all they have is House, but no one to help fill their frontcourt, I expect a lot of points being scored against them in the paint which means more loses for the Heat

jackdawson
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
"He is our heart, he is our power, he is our pride"--LeBron on Haslem in post game interview. It shows how important Haslem is. He has been an underrated player his entire career. Hope he recovers soon. Heat needs him badly.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-21-2010, 08:28 PM
they got killed on the glass, and now their best rebounder is out:speechless:

serious trouble for the heat

GodsSon
11-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Heat = screwed

Evolution23
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
This is a good thing because now they will put together their best lineup With Big Z at Center. He gives the Heat more space to slash to the basket because he can shoot the jumper. So be on the lookout for the Heat to make go on a nice run for the next month or 2.

dtmagnet
11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
"He is our heart, he is our power, he is our pride"--LeBron on Haslem in post game interview. It shows how important Haslem is. He has been an underrated player his entire career. Hope he recovers soon. Heat needs him badly.

That is a gross exaggeration by Lebron.

GodsSon
11-21-2010, 08:35 PM
This is a good thing because now they will put together their best lineup With Big Z at Center. He gives the Heat more space to slash to the basket because he can shoot the jumper. So be on the lookout for the Heat to make go on a nice run for the next month or 2.

And what about their interior D? Without Haslem their front-court is softer than room temperature butter

Baller1
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Damn, I sure was wrong about them.

I expected HUGE things from them, but they're yet to figure it out so far.

D Roses Bulls
11-21-2010, 08:37 PM
well that looks like trouble

_KB24_
11-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Damn, now the excuses will start to pour in involving how they're losing games because Haslem is out :rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Damn, now the excuses will start to pour in involving how they're losing games because Haslem is out :rolleyes:

when you have 3 of the top 20 players in the game, there are no excuses

Zefflin
11-21-2010, 08:42 PM

You just may be right...but hoping Big Z to replace Haslem...iiidddk about that...the Heat won't get #1 in the East now.

KG2TB
11-21-2010, 08:47 PM

You're not the only one.

jackdawson
11-21-2010, 08:59 PM

What makes you think that? Again LeBron plays with him, knows him personally. What do you have with UD to say that? There are many other guys in the team. LeBron didn't that about others. Pat Riley said on radio Haslem is one of the greatest leader he has ever coached. Haslem is the epitome of a team player. Watch more Heat games before you make a assumption.

jackdawson
11-21-2010, 09:00 PM

And these guys have played only 12/13 games together in their nba life.

dodie53
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
they cannot get a break

ElMarroAfamado
11-21-2010, 09:06 PM

go back to some of your responses and other heat fans responses....you guys spoke of this team like if they were going to go undefeated or someshit
dont find excuses because they are who people like me KNEW THEY WERE GONNA BE
a mediocre team....they are a a wreck admit it and without haslem damn they are gonna be in biiig trouble...wade needs an elite shooter (carmelo anthony would be a better fit) not a guy that does the exact same **** he does....

BeantownBill

NO excuses. This was supposed to be the team that blew everyone's doors off on their way to multiple championships. I believe the players (or was it the player) said it themselves. I don't care how many games they've played together, what they had for breakfast that morning, or what color panties they wear during games. They're getting a healthy dose of reality, and I can't think of anyone who needed it more than LeBron.

p.s. Does anyone else think Wade looks lost out there? You have to wonder at the chemistry of the Heat, and the more they lose the more the cracks will show. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the adversity.

king4day

Haslem is too important. If they do start losing a lot, this actually is a legit excuse. Their bench is thin as it is and with two important players in Miller and Udonis out, you can't expect the trio to do everything.

I don't even think Dampier can help here. He's not athletic enough.

A lot of people wanna see Miami fail, but not like this.

BeantownBill
11-21-2010, 09:07 PM
they cannot get a break

They paid cash for their break in the offseason. :p

abe_froman
11-21-2010, 09:08 PM
big blow for the heat,gonna be tougher now

_KB24_
11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Haslem is too important. If they do start losing a lot, this actually is a legit excuse. Their bench is thin as it is and with two important players in Miller and Udonis out, you can't expect the trio to do everything.

I don't even think Dampier can help here. He's not athletic enough.

A lot of people wanna see Miami fail, but not like this.

Which is exactly my point, they can't do everything. I was saying from Day 1 that their frontcourt is so thin and weak, that teams like Boston, Orlando, LA, and even the Mavs would pummel them in a series. But now their so called fans will run with the whole injury theory and neglect that they are still missing pieces from being in the conversation of the team to beat.

D Roses Bulls
11-21-2010, 09:19 PM
NO excuses. This was supposed to be the team that blew everyone's doors off on their way to multiple championships. I believe the players (or was it the player) said it themselves. I don't care how many games they've played together, what they had for breakfast that morning, or what color panties they wear during games. They're getting a healthy dose of reality, and I can't think of anyone who needed it more than LeBron.

p.s. Does anyone else think Wade looks lost out there? You have to wonder at the chemistry of the Heat, and the more they lose the more the cracks will show. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the adversity.

agreed and yes I do think wade looks lost out their as well.

_KB24_
11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
when you have 3 of the top 20 players in the game, there are no excuses

Apparently their are. Turn on Sportscenter, already saying injuries will hamper their title run.

D Roses Bulls
11-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Apparently their are. Turn on Sportscenter, already saying injuries will hamper their title run.

well thats cause ESPN signed a contract to kiss lebrons *** and of course they are gonna make excuses for them when ESPN devoted a whole damn site to a "heat index" so I'm sure they don't wanna look stupid.

_KB24_
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
well thats cause ESPN signed a contract to kiss lebrons *** and of course they are gonna make excuses for them when ESPN devoted a whole damn site to a "heat index" so I'm sure they don't wanna look stupid.

Lets hope you guys can keep it up when Boozer comes back and keep that 3rd seed! ;)

D Roses Bulls
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Lets hope you guys can keep it up when Boozer comes back and keep that 3rd seed! ;)

for real...... :)

The Jokemaker
11-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Well there goes the only guy they have that can play post defense. They got killed last night as it was on boards and th is won't help it any. The recipe against the heat is to drive to the lane and crash boards because the Heat don't know what "box out" means.

Sir Buckets
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
This "they've only been together ___ games" excuse is ridiculous. They spent an entire summer together during the Olympics. They went through training camp together. And before all that, they've no doubt studied each other on film.

It's not like they were all of a sudden thrust together with no knowledge of each other's games, tendencies, etc.

Sox72
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM

Hahahaha. Great post. Especially the bolded part.

LayZbone
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM

IDK if you're talking out of your ***, or if you're suggesting that Lebron doesn't know Haslem well enough, or isn't that close to him.

But speaking on behalf of the Miami Heat, its fans and the city itself, Lebron's comments are absolutely true. Udonis Haslem is the heart and soul of the Miami Heat. He was born and raised here, he's the only player outside of Wade left from our '06 Championship squad, and he's creeping on Mourning's record for most Heat games played.

This is undoubtedly a huge blow. Miller (due back on Christmas) and Haslem are our 4th and 5th best players. And Wade is listed as day-to-day. I hate the injury bug.

ewqtf
11-21-2010, 10:00 PM
welcome come to our b2cshop website:( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

everybody!sorry bother your time a min,we are serious and professional jersey supplier,we can offer NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA jerser,the NFL jersey 18usd each,the NHL jersey 38USD each.MLB jersey 18usd each,NAB jersey 18usd each.we have many jerseys of other players, so please contact us for more information if you are interested in .

1) More pictures available on our website ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

2) Many colors available .
3) Perfect quality, small order accepted .
4) 100% safe door to door delivery, within 5 - 7 days air express for small orders .

5) We have lots of jerseys in stock

6) Letters and number are sewn on b2cshop body, 100% embroidery

7) Size: .48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60

8) Delivery by UPS, DHL, EMS door to door

9) Delivery in 5 - 7 days

NFL,NBA,MLB all are 18usd!!!!

The jerseys in stock may be updated everyday !
come on,join us!

( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

effen5
11-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Don't feel bad for the Heat at all. I actually respect Haslem but with Lebron saying hes going to win multiple champions and with all that ********.....I don't feel bad at all. Haslem should have left Miami for a real championship contenders like the Lakers or Boston.

tredigs
11-21-2010, 11:29 PM
WOW - Update. He's out until at least late February, and may miss the entire regular season. This kills the Heat, they're going to be absolutely abused in the post.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgguSFsCdNCV_pud5F71wl28vLYF?slug=aw-haslem112110

Chacarron
11-21-2010, 11:36 PM
WOW - Update. He's out until at least late February, and may miss the entire regular season. This kills the Heat, they're going to be absolutely abused in the post.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgguSFsCdNCV_pud5F71wl28vLYF?slug=aw-haslem112110

That truly sucks for the Heat.

tangent12
11-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Can't say I feel too bad about this. :)

LTBaByyy
11-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I feel bad for Haslem 100%

But I dont feel bad for the Heat, so it's bitter sweet

tbone2171
11-21-2010, 11:57 PM

Lol!! that sig is epic!

MJ-BULLS
11-22-2010, 12:09 AM

wow very bad break for the heat.
even though the average fan might not know who haslem is, he is truly the heart of the heat. this really hurts their interior D.

plpfctn
11-22-2010, 12:12 AM
the heat are very weak at PF, center and PG positions. i see them as the 5th or 6th seed in the east playoffs.

Jenceman
11-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Wow. Their interior D was about as strong as butter with him, now its even worse.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-22-2010, 12:18 AM
They seriously need to sign Dampier now.

The Heat lose 2 of their main pieces outside their 3 main players. Sucks.

I expect Bosh and Lebron's numbers to go up now that they will be taking a lot of Haslem's minutes. Bosh should be around 17 and 8 while Lebron goes to 26, 7 and 7.

BkOriginalOne
11-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Sad for Haslem,
Happy for Heat.

Gibby
11-22-2010, 12:35 AM
this really hurt the heat. Joel Anthony is going to be their primary backup big man. I dont see Howard and Magloire as rotation players in the nba anymore.

On the bright side if he comes back before the playoffs its good. They will be a top 3 or 4 team probably around all start break. When UD and Miller comes back thats when they will make their push and by the time they will more comfortable with each other.

Shmontaine
11-22-2010, 12:39 AM
now everybody else has to play more minutes, and the risk of injury, fatigue will increase... I know people keep talking about this discount the big 3 took, but paying 3 max contracts puts you in positions like this... Can't say i feel bad for them, though... doesn't take a genius to know that you have to be able to absorb injuries throughout the year...

BTW : Lebron's quote shouldn't shock anyone... LBJ = Exaggeration

"not 5, not 6, not 7..." Start with looking like a respectable contender for 'a' title run...

He's "makin a list of everybody who criticized him"... he should call everyone on that list for advise...

Raps18-19 Champ
11-22-2010, 12:57 AM
now everybody else has to play more minutes, and the risk of injury, fatigue will increase... I know people keep talking about this discount the big 3 took, but paying 3 max contracts puts you in positions like this... Can't say i feel bad for them, though... doesn't take a genius to know that you have to be able to absorb injuries throughout the year...

BTW : Lebron's quote shouldn't shock anyone... LBJ = Exaggeration
"not 5, not 6, not 7..." Start with looking like a respectable contender for 'a' title run...

He's "makin a list of everybody who criticized him"... he should call everyone on that list for advise...

Lebron's comment was just to express that they were going to be a successful team.

That comment was never meant to be taken seriously.

GSwarriors4LIFE
11-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I wonder what lebron is thinking in the back of his head?? Maybe, " damn I miss mo Williams and varejao" or " Why did I leave?" I do feel bad for haslem though because he is one loyal guy and always plays hard, but hey look at my warriors the injury bug will hit and you just have to move on. Sign dampier quick!!!

Shmontaine
11-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Lebron's comment was just to express that they were going to be a successful team.

That comment was never meant to be taken seriously.

lol... okay... If the heat were doing better, i bet the interpretation would be different.

Because of his constant over exaggerations, I don't take any of LBJ's comments seriously... He's becoming a book of dumb quotes... shut up and ball... How come Haslem wasn't in all the off-season hoopla around the heat??... now he's the heart and soul.. okay..

2-15's4-22's
11-22-2010, 01:22 AM
yesss!! another heat thread haslem hurt yea!!! sorry heat you lose i win f yea, heat horrible fans never show up at games no bench, soft like warm butter...................... le*****

D Roses Bulls
11-22-2010, 01:42 AM
the heat are very weak at PF, center and PG positions. i see them as the 5th or 6th seed in the east playoffs.

for a bulls fan, that would be awesome if the bulls finished ahead of them in the standings

believeinNYK
11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Damn that's really bad for them, miller and haslem both out for a while with injuries

The heat have gone from looking like they could challenge for most wins in a season to a borderline contender in the nba

jackdawson
11-22-2010, 03:03 AM

They have never played together as a team before in nba. It will take time to form the chemistry. Anyone expected them go undefeated from the get going knows nothing about basketball. Now make your choice if you are one of them.

sargon21
11-22-2010, 03:04 AM
the heat have like no depth at all now, and dampier won't change that, they are screwed for the meanwhile

jackdawson
11-22-2010, 03:09 AM
WOW!!! Some people are acting like the World Trade Center has collapsed again (Which Wade predicted in the off-season)!! Some posts are sig-worthy. Hate is a real bad thing that takes over the Cerebrum of the some human brains.

The Jokemaker
11-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Not hate. Simply stating the obvious.

Heat can't defend in the paint and have problems rebound.
Heat lose Haslem who is their best post defender and rebounder.
Now the Heat will have more problems defending the post and getting rebounds which leads to giving up more high percentage shots and more second chance opportunities. That's not a good thing to do if you expect to win games.

As far as the big 3 playing together, Wade Bosh and Lebron have played with each other in the preseason, training camp, the regular season so far, plus the olympics and whatever joke around basketball they played in the offseason.

Oh and as for your sig JackDawson, the Grizzlies best player, Rudy Gay, had the game winning shot over the best player on the planet.

Raph12
11-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Dampier needs to lace those shoes, the Heat are coming for him...

Storch
11-22-2010, 03:54 AM
I guess this is biting some of the heat posters in PSD when they celebrated the injuries of other team's players like boozer. Karma is a .... yup. Let it be a lesson for some of you immature posters out there, and the mods that tolerate their actions.

It's too bad for the heat, but I wouldn't count them out just yet. It's a team sport, and they still have a team.

Jenceman
11-22-2010, 06:00 PM
WOW!!! Some people are acting like the World Trade Center has collapsed again (Which Wade predicted in the off-season)!! Some posts are sig-worthy. Hate is a real bad thing that takes over the Cerebrum of the some human brains.

This sounds like a bad attempt at trying to appear intelligent.

D Roses Bulls
11-22-2010, 06:56 PM
that front court is in so much trouble seriously

Tha Truth
11-22-2010, 07:06 PM
This is unfrotunate.

I've always loved Haslem's game. This guy plays with heart and brings it every night. The Heat will definitely miss Haslem while he is out of the line up.

mohye
11-22-2010, 07:41 PM
I remember at the begining of the year a lot of Heat fans claiming the Heat were the deepest team in the league, the Heat would destroy everyone with Lebron and Wade 2 top 5 players in the league at the moment.. blah blah blah..

Well we will find out in the next few months the truth... The Heat are not the deepest team in the league and also how great Lebron and Wade can be together...