PDA

View Full Version : So the Celtics lose two games in a row without Rondo down the stretch

Hustlenomics
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
yet he's only good because of them or do they need him?

Minimal
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
They need him more than he needs them. He can make hell a lot of assists with almost any squad with good offensive plays.

Draco
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Russy Wessy's superstar skill level transcended the space time continuum and found it's way into the Celtic/Raptor game. So it's really 3 win's in a row sans Durant for WB at this point.

IDB Josh M
11-21-2010, 05:33 PM
At risk of sounding like a Celtics fan, they're fine! While they haven't won close games, they did stage decent comebacks in the last two games they lost. For whatever reason, whether because Rondo was out or whatever, they just could not finish the game. And yes, I'm well aware that losing is losing whether you win by an inch or a mile.

Rondo is good for the open court. But When he's out, they just gotto run more half court sets with the "Big 3." They just gotto adjust. Anyways, its only two games!

sargon21
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM
who said he's only good because of them? that's like an insult to intelligent fans, people who make that argument say that he benefits from having the big 3 around him, which is undoubtedly true

Baller1
11-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Russy Wessy's superstar skill level transcended the space time continuum and found it's way into the Celtic/Raptor game. So it's really 3 win's in a row sans Durant for WB at this point.

What the **** are you talking about? Was that a comedic attempt? :laugh2:

But no, Rondo doesn't need them. Rondo is like Nash in that he can accumulate assists no matter which team he's on. He's just got a knack for finding the open man.

finalverse
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Rondo has become such a good player. That team needs him.

numba1CHANGsta
11-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Without Rondo the other players are going to have to create their own shots which wont work cuz they're old

Chronz
11-21-2010, 06:09 PM
At risk of sounding like a Celtics fan, they're fine! While they haven't won close games, they did stage decent comebacks in the last two games they lost. For whatever reason, whether because Rondo was out or whatever, they just could not finish the game. And yes, I'm well aware that losing is losing whether you win by an inch or a mile.

Rondo is good for the open court. But When he's out, they just gotto run more half court sets with the "Big 3." They just gotto adjust. Anyways, its only two games!

Youve been misled, how you win and lose matter more than actually winning and losing. They still should have won today they didnt oh well, lets not read into a few games. Its not as if the Thunder are better without Durant right.

Dol-Fan
11-21-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't think people say he's only good because of them...but he only developed so well because of them. I don't agree with that fully, but I don't think he would have developed fully into the player he is today without Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. They have certainly helped with his development, but again, RIGHT NOW he isn't only good because of them - he is arguably the most important part of that team.

TheWatcher34
11-21-2010, 06:15 PM
they are not used to Rondo NOT running the show.

Hustlenomics
11-21-2010, 06:18 PM
so many times i've seen "Rondo is only good because hes playing with three future hall of famers"

iggypop123
11-21-2010, 06:30 PM
so many times i've seen "Rondo is only good because hes playing with three future hall of famers"

its true. and the celtics are only good cause rondo runs the show for them.

Sadds The Gr8
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
The Raptors are beast

RCarlson85
11-21-2010, 06:48 PM
It's just entertaining to me to see the Celtics get talked about for once instead of the Heat. However, It is only 2 games and doesn't matter than much. They do need Rondo though, that is becoming very apparent. He is the most important player on the Celtics.

Run&Gun
11-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Rondo is the best player on the Celtics right now end of discussion. The OG big three are not what they used to be so you really can't say that he's good because of them. You probably can say that it did help him to have a more developed focus having the big three around him. If he were on another team he would probably be forced to learn to shoot but wouldn't be as good on defense or putting the ball in the right places, it's only because of the big three that he's never had to really develop those aspects till as of late.

I think you could argue that out of all the top point guards, Rondo would have the hardest time transitioning to another team due to his specialized skill sets, compared to CP3, Deron and Rose. He really needs a team built around him, unlike the others I stated previously since his shooting prowness isn't as polished. However I'm sure that if you switched the big three with some good shooters he would be able to find their spots too.

But you notice that in Team USA he had trouble transitioning to another system because he just has never had any major changes to his team's core unlike the other Pgs. But still have to say that he probably has the best pure court vision among the top PG's in the league that's especially impressive since unlike the other pg's where they get part of the their assist because they draw defenders because of their scoring ability. Where as Rondo still racks up huge amounts of assist and doesn't even have that ability to draw defenders out on the perimeter, making his dribble drive and pass game all the more impressive.

Mishmin
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
That was just an ugly, ugly game of basketball today.

checkit
11-21-2010, 07:28 PM
another argument that should be put to rest is that any pg could go on the celtics and rack up 12-16 dimes a game. Nate Rob only had 2 in 35 min of play. Rondo's passing abilities and court vision are so underrated. He deserves to be in the MVP talks.

Sox72
11-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Why isn't this in the Celtics forum?

TO Rapz
11-21-2010, 07:36 PM
The Raptors are beast

this.

Hustlenomics
11-21-2010, 07:57 PM
another argument that should be put to rest is that any pg could go on the celtics and rack up 12-16 dimes a game. Nate rob only had 2 in 35 min of play. Rondo's passing abilities and court vision are so underrated. He deserves to be in the mvp talks.

+1

DaoudS
11-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Celtics are just in a mini-slump. They'll be fine.

magichatnumber9
11-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Without Rondo the other players are going to have to create their own shots which wont work cuz they're oldNothing more to say after this comment.

dtmagnet
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Rondo is the most important player on the Celtics and it is showing.

GodsSon
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
The Raptors are beast

This is the correct answer

Hustlenomics
11-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Raptors won't even make the playoffs

Hawkeye15
11-21-2010, 09:35 PM
another Rondo thread? Yippee

CB29
11-21-2010, 11:24 PM
the raps intensiy is really affecting teams... we're really playing damn hard and teams are having trouble adjusting... celtics are used to bullying us on the court and us backing off but that didn't happen tonight with reggie, amir and andrea and the celts didn't make their shots tonight.. it really was a luck thing tonight... boston missed crucial shots down the stretch and toronto made some good plays... definitely not something celtic fans should worry about...

samevans7
11-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Just saying here:

Rondo playing: 10 ppt, 15 ast- WINs
Robinson starting, no Rondo: 22 pts, 2 AST- LOSS to TOR

Rondo doesnt need to score to be good.

samevans7
11-21-2010, 11:38 PM
another argument that should be put to rest is that any pg could go on the celtics and rack up 12-16 dimes a game. Nate Rob only had 2 in 35 min of play. Rondo's passing abilities and court vision are so underrated. He deserves to be in the MVP talks.

I completely agree with you here, but Nate did lead the game in scoring; 22 points.

But Rondo should still be an MVP candidate

In a weird way, I feel Rondo's MVP chances are improving by him being injured lol

checkit
11-22-2010, 03:20 AM
I completely agree with you here, but Nate did lead the game in scoring; 22 points.

But Rondo should still be an MVP candidate

In a weird way, I feel Rondo's MVP chances are improving by him being injured lol

definitely not trying to undersell Nate, he did a great job starting. And I agree with you about the MVP chances.

todu82
11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Proves how important Rondo has become. The Celtics are still a good team though, they only lost by 1 last night albeit to Toronto, they also lost to Oklahoma City, who are a pretty good team.

mikantsass
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
The Celtics played an all around horrible game against the Thunder the other night. It had nothing to do with Rondo.

He is a huge part of their team though. If he misses some time then it definitely hurts them. But at the same time, the Celtics are starting to look disinterested with the regular season like last year.

Cool007
11-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Come on man, why people need to overreact after 1 or 2 games every freaking time???

That was just 1 game. Don't give me Thunder game either. It's not like Celtics were playing outstanding with Rondo playing either (against Thunder before going down).

Raptors had just made a trade and they were playing probably their best game of the year so far in the young season. Rondo or not, they might have lost the game anyway.

It's not like Celtics lost by 20 or something.

On the other hand, Durant SHOULD NOT even be considered for MVP right??? Coz Thunder just beat 2 good teams in a row without Durant. So he is just not important to that team right???

1-2 game sample is too short to say 1 way or the other.

This thread is way too immature.

ManRam
11-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Rondo is a God. The haters just hate what they can't have.

Rondo is the heart and soul of that team, and has been for the last year or two. He is the best player, and the team goes as far as he wills them. Sure, he benefits from playing with three other HOFers, but those three guys benefit more from him at their point in their careers than he benefits from them.

As for the Celtics, they'll be fine. After their win verse Miami to start off the season, everyone stopped remembering that this is ultimately a team that will coast in the regular season, and then kick it up a notch in the post season. They will be no better than the three seed, and that's 100% fine with them.

swirl54
11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Was that a comedic attempt? :laugh2:

But no, Rondo doesn't need them. Rondo is like Nash in that he can accumulate assists no matter which team he's on. He's just got a knack for finding the open man.

It's cute that you think Westbrook is better than Derrick Rose. Poor little guy one day you will wise up although he is top five and over Rondo to me

magichatnumber9
11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
It's cute that you think Westbrook is better than Derrick Rose. Poor little guy one day you will wise up although he is top five and over Rondo to meThat's all the influence I needed to switch :p

Hustlenomics
11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Rondo is a God. The haters just hate what they can't have.

Rondo is the heart and soul of that team, and has been for the last year or two. He is the best player, and the team goes as far as he wills them. Sure, he benefits from playing with three other HOFers, but those three guys benefit more from him at their point in their careers than he benefits from them.

As for the Celtics, they'll be fine. After their win verse Miami to start off the season, everyone stopped remembering that this is ultimately a team that will coast in the regular season, and then kick it up a notch in the post season. They will be no better than the three seed, and that's 100% fine with them.

+ 1

It's cute that you think Westbrook is better than Derrick Rose. Poor little guy one day you will wise up although he is top five and over Rondo to me

Rondo and Westbrook are both better than Rose :laugh2: but that's not what this thread is about

xbrackattackx
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM

If it was another Love thread you would love it. ;)

Cool007
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
So what if Celtics win the next 2-3 games without Rondo???

Would that make Rondo the LEAST valuable/important??? Like How Durant (with this theory) is the least important to THunder as Thunder beating good teams on the road without Durant (their leading scorer).

Rentzias
11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't know, it's really tough to play without Hondo. And Russell.

Chronz
11-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Well they just destroyed one of the best teams in the East and Nate had a double double, does this change anything?

Hustlenomics
11-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Hawks aren't that good

Kashmir13579
11-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Rondo makes his team great. what else needs to be said?

Kashmir13579
11-22-2010, 11:59 PM

you can't get enough of it can you

checkit
11-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Well they just destroyed one of the best teams in the East and Nate had a double double, does this change anything?

well too bad they didn't play like one of the best. But thats just the Celtics defense for you when they play like the elite defensive team they are and actually show up. Nate had a great game. KG had a great game. Rondo would have probably dropped 18 dimes had he played. and uh Joe Johnson is overrated.