PDA

View Full Version : Who is More Likely To Sign Erick Dampier? Lakers or Heat?

ko8e24
11-21-2010, 02:30 PM
With Erick Dampier's deal with the Houston Rockets falling out, he is still an unrestricted free agent, but he is looking to sign with a contender.

The Lakers are without Bynum for atleast another month while 37-yr old backup C Theo Ratliff is going to be out for 6-8 wks after getting arthroscopic knee surgery.

For the Heat, they already had a thin frontline, and now, with the loss of Udonis Haslem to injury, they may be back in the pursuit for Damp.

So who do you think wins the Erick Dampier sweepstakes?

LTBaByyy
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
If the heat get him w/ the loss of Haslem and Miller they have to be one of the oldest teams in recent history to suit up!!

Thats like 3 young guys plus 33+ years players

Geargo Wallace
11-21-2010, 03:03 PM
lakers should just so nobody else does

Hunter48MVP
11-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Lakers sign him by next week

shep33
11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't know how big his impact will be on either team. If Bynum stays healthy, he might play a couple games here and there, but not too much afterwards... Especially when Ratliff comes back.

Avenged
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
The Lakers lack at the 5.. Aside from Bynum, there's really no other Center that they have aside from Theo.. Who isn't all that great to begin with anymore. Damp isn't all that either so the Lakers will be fine with or without him.

tangent12
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
The Heat are looking really weak right now and they could use all they help they can get. Still even with the acquisition of Dampier, they'd still be pretty weak inside.

If I was the Heat I would trade Bosh for a few solid pieces and try to fill some of the many holes the team has. LeBron + Wade + a more solid/complete roster could go as far as they want to. Two stars, a good player and a weak team will not contend, not even in playoff series.

goose15
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
gotta be the Heat

shep33
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
The Lakers lack at the 5.. Aside from Bynum, there's really no other Center that they have aside from Theo.. Who isn't all that great to begin with anymore. Damp isn't all that either so the Lakers will be fine with or without him.

I agree.

h2r09
11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
nobody. his career is very likely over. there is a reason why like 5 teams have reportedly been close to signing him and all have broken off talks. there is something wrong with him.

Raph12
11-21-2010, 03:59 PM
The Heat need a center desperately, the Lakeshow is doing fine without their starting center... I'm sure you can deduce the result from where I'm going with this.

h2r09
11-21-2010, 04:06 PM
The Heat need a center desperately, the Lakeshow is doing fine without their starting center... I'm sure you can deduce the result from where I'm going with this.

the heat have had multiple chances at getting dampier as have like 10 teams. there are reasons why he has been rumored to be signing with miami, rockets, bucks, and suns off the top of my head and none have signed him.

he is definitely 100% not going to miami. book it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-21-2010, 04:06 PM

What if Pau gets injured, then we have only 1 legit PF (odom) and no center.

J-Relo
11-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Both teams could use him, but i have to say neither of them will.

JabberJaw
11-21-2010, 04:19 PM
The Heat need to sign him or they are really dropping the ball. In no way is Dampier anything to get excited about but the Heat have nothing in the middle. If the Lakers were to get him he would be a serviceable backup, but nothing else. He would just be another big to throw out there against teams like Boston. The Heat need him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the Lakers do though. The Lakers have the luxury of starting Pau at the Center and throwing Lamar at the 4 and having Bynum come off the bench. The Heat going from Anthony to Big Z isn't scaring anyone on any team.

IH8U187
11-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Lakers should sign him. 5 years / 30 mil

RollinDeep
11-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Lakers should sign him. 5 years / 30 mil

We don't need another Luke.

RCarlson85
11-21-2010, 07:09 PM
It definitely seems like the Heat need him more, even if Haslem isn't out for an extended period of time. However, they weren't interested in him before so I'm not holding my breath. I know he isn't great, that's for sure, but he is better than Joel or Magloire. I would really like to know the real reason why he hasn't signed with someone yet. There has to be some issue, but I don't know what it is.

drobe86
11-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Who cares Ericka Dampier is terrible? Lol... you can find better big men off the street than this bum.......

Raps18-19 Champ
11-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Heat are desperate. So they should sign him.

nbafan63
11-22-2010, 01:16 AM
the heat should trade Chris Bosh + three 1st round picks for Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph.

And if Grizzlies reject that then trade them...
Dwade+Chris Bosh for OJ Mayo+Marc Gasol+Zach Randolph

And if the Grizzlies still reject that then trade them...
Lebron James, Dwade, Chris Bosh for Conley,Mayo,Rudy Gay,Zach, and Gasol.:clap:

goose14741
11-22-2010, 01:22 AM
celtics once shaq dies

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-22-2010, 01:47 AM
the heat should trade Chris Bosh + three 1st round picks for Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph.

And if Grizzlies reject that then trade them...
Dwade+Chris Bosh for OJ Mayo+Marc Gasol+Zach Randolph

And if the Grizzlies still reject that then trade them...
Lebron James, Dwade, Chris Bosh for Conley,Mayo,Rudy Gay,Zach, and Gasol.:clap:

Who cares Ericka Dampier is terrible? Lol... you can find better big men off the street than this bum.......

thanks for the LULZ:clap:

uprightciti
11-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Lakers should snatch him up till bynum gets better
Miami needs to work on meshing there team now more than ever with a dtd wade and miller and ud out

_KB24_
11-22-2010, 02:04 AM
The Heat would be fools not to sign him....

BALLER R
11-22-2010, 02:09 AM
raptors

Raph12
11-22-2010, 03:16 AM
the heat have had multiple chances at getting dampier as have like 10 teams. there are reasons why he has been rumored to be signing with miami, rockets, bucks, and suns off the top of my head and none have signed him.

he is definitely 100% not going to miami. book it.

They just lost Haslem until March...

What if Pau gets injured, then we have only 1 legit PF (odom) and no center.

I can bring up many "if" questions of my own, but since Ratliff will be back in a few weeks and Bynum in a couple of months, LA should be okay.

THE MTL
11-22-2010, 03:31 AM
The Miami Heat DESPERATELY needs him. He would get ample minutes and def start! Iono why he hasnt been signed already. With Haslem out, that team is THIN!....even with Haslem they are still a pretty thin frontline.

Storch
11-22-2010, 03:45 AM
He's obviously not THAT good anymore because no one has signed him yet ... So I think that he really doesn't make that great of an impact. He should only be good for 10 minutes a game, perfect fit for the Lakers. He may be too much of a liability for the Heat because they thrive on a more versatile Center than one that can slow down the game with no athlethicism. :shrug:

asandhu23
11-22-2010, 04:09 AM
PSD NBA fans:
every player must sign with either the lakers or heat or magic or bulls. other teams do not exist

RocketsRule
11-22-2010, 04:25 AM
I feel like the Miami Heat could use him a lot more. He basically everything that Chris Bosh does not (play physically, rebound, defend) and adds a true center, something the Heat have been lacking.

However, my gut tells me (as well as the past evidence) that the Lakers will jump on this and leave the Heat looking for another solution to their problems.

skiflyer
11-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Eric Dampier wants a fully guaranteed vetern 1 year deal. The Lakers don't want to do that, however 10day contracts are not available yet so the Lakers have been looking at a few other guys.
Phil said they are looking to sign one before Thanksgiving so time will tell. I say they may trade Sasha and his expiring contract for a good back up Big. We will know this week.

Miami should trade Bosh for Mark Gasol, much better fit

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-22-2010, 07:27 AM
They just lost Haslem until March...

I can bring up many "if" questions of my own, but since Ratliff will be back in a few weeks and Bynum in a couple of months, LA should be okay.

vice versa

PSD NBA fans:

he wants to sign with a contender not with crappy teams

Blazers#1Fan
11-22-2010, 08:21 AM
nuggets after this trade

they should trade Bosh,BIG Z,Chalmers to the nuggets for NENE,Harrington,Lawson

NENE/Anthony
HARRINGTON/haslem
JAMES
WADE
Lawson/Arroyo

ANDERSON/BIG Z/dampier
BOSH
MELO
SMITH
BILLUPS

melo would be pissed for a second then they'd start killing

AIRMAR72
11-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Eric Dampier SUCKS is whole career i remember when he first came in league total waste i sign old man hakeem (da dream) who i know no bigman in league right now cant guard before i sign erica dampier

RaiderLakersA's
11-22-2010, 01:45 PM
The Heat need him. If nothing else, Damp would have more playing time than he would elsewhere.

The Lakers could use him. Damp could be a solid security blanket, and fill in at the 5, which would help keep both Pau and Bynum (when he returns) fresh.

But neither the Lakers nor the Heat have much money to toss around. I hope Dampier is realistic about his salary requirements.

Heater4life
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Heat need a body. i dont know what is wrong with Dampier. But if the Heat can pick up a big body willing to give out hard fouls and finish the occasional easy basket, im game. Right now were a team trying to mess and injuries arent helping.

lakersdude
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
hope lakers would get a nice bigman for center backup

h2r09
11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
if the heat are willing to sign him now what the **** were they so hesitant on before. clearly was a need for quite a while. the heat will be an incredible team when fully healthy now should dampier still be able to grap like 8-9 boards.

Gators123
11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Source tells ESPN.com's Heat Index that one holdup to signing Dampier is Miami, with roster at full 15 players, now deciding whom to waive
http://twitter.com/#!/STEIN_LINE_HQ

h2r09
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
they will waive stackhouse, book it.

footballer2369
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
bye magloire... i love you...

SNYmets86
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
he's gonna go where he will have enough playing time and where he knows he's going to win a chip