PDA

View Full Version : How Do the Thunder Keep Winning?

Competition
11-21-2010, 05:47 AM
There missing there star player and yet went on to win at boston and the bucks, one contender and the other a playoffs caliber team. Are they underrated as a team or is kevin durant's value not as big as the media and his fans are making it out to be. There were talks that this guy was a top 5 player in the league and he's the reason that the thunder made the playoffs.

So far there doing really well and westbrook in my opinion is basicly there most important player. Durant might be the better player (although not by that much) but russell has been the one that has been carrying the team and making guy's around him better since last year's playoff to now.

Although again i will admit it is a small sample size but so far it looks to be true, durant is shooting like crap and so far have shown no signs of improvement and actually regressed in alot of area where westbrook is breaking out into an elite pg.

Well that's my take on the thunder right now, what do u guy's/gals think.

Allstar21
11-21-2010, 05:52 AM
durant is overrated and should be taken out of consideration for MVP

Rafer17
11-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Ewing Theory/Russell Westbrook is underrated and amazing

alencp3
11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Everyone except Durant is underated on this team especially Ibaka and Harden

Sixerlover
11-21-2010, 11:58 AM
He is a great talent, but his value to the team isn't what it is made out to be. They have other effective scorers, and Westbrook is a budding superstar in his own right. You'd be an idiot not to rather have Durant then no Durant, but without him I think they could be a solid 45+ win team.

Sadds The Gr8
11-21-2010, 12:01 PM
People thought Westbrook only played well because Durant had all the attention....those people are wrong.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Ya really don't know anything. How is Durant OVERRATED??
Russell Westbrook needs to become a leader when
Durant is down. We are going to keep fighting game in
And game out. Westbrook is having a monster year,
And Ino he was going to break out sooner or later. But you don't
say that Durant is overrated just because two games.
Were a team built on Durant and Westbrook, They both
Are the highest scoring duo. Stop hating

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
It doesn't matter how much you win by,
A win is a win. Every team haves it's Goods and Bads.
we are built to compete, to trust, with heart, and
To Win

tangent12
11-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Because they are a solid team. It is not a team with a superstar carrying a bunch of scrubs, Durant has a very good supporting cast. Even though they are a relatively young team, they know how to play together very well.

The Jokemaker
11-21-2010, 12:27 PM
It's good to see the Thunder step up and win some games without Durant but it's no different than when Chris Paul got hurt last year and that kid stepped in and dominated. Does that make Chris Paul a less important player? No way. The Lakers can win games without Kobe, does that make Kobe not as important? Absolutely not. Fact is the Thunder have a very talented team and can win some ball games without Durant but that doesnt diminish his value in any way. If they're going to be championship contenders, they need Durant.

DerekRE_3
11-21-2010, 01:05 PM
They also have a great coach in Scott Brooks. One of the rising stars in this league.

YoungOne
11-21-2010, 01:09 PM
westbrook is still not a reliable go to scorer he kept a lazy boston team in the game in the 4th with turnovers and horrible shots, this quarter showed that they still need durant, but the roleplayers are very underrated like ibaka, sefolosha, maynor, harden, collison..

Draco
11-21-2010, 01:14 PM
It's good to see the Thunder step up and win some games without Durant but it's no different than when Chris Paul got hurt last year and that kid stepped in and dominated. Does that make Chris Paul a less important player? No way. The Lakers can win games without Kobe, does that make Kobe not as important? Absolutely not. Fact is the Thunder have a very talented team and can win some ball games without Durant but that doesnt diminish his value in any way. If they're going to be championship contenders, they need Durant.

This more or less.. and the Thunder's one point win over the hapless Bucks wasn't that impressive. Bogut happened to suck more the Westbrook.

Draco
11-21-2010, 01:16 PM
People thought Westbrook only played well because Durant had all the attention....those people are wrong.

absolutely.. he went 5 for 18 last night all on his own.

John Walls Era
11-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Ewing Theory/Russell Westbrook is underrated and amazing

How is it the "Ewing Theory"???

Ewing Theory: The Ewing Theory claims that when a longtime superstar who has never won a championship leaves the team via injury, trade, or free agency, and the media writes the team off, the team will play better.

Thunder have talent, people underestimate team chemistry and players that know their roles.

PS: The Thunder keep winning because they are scoring more than their opponent :)

tredigs
11-21-2010, 01:33 PM
There missing there star player and yet went on to win at boston and the bucks, one contender and the other a playoffs caliber team. Are they underrated as a team or is kevin durant's value not as big as the media and his fans are making it out to be. There were talks that this guy was a top 5 player in the league and he's the reason that the thunder made the playoffs.

So far there doing really well and westbrook in my opinion is basicly there most important player. Durant might be the better player (although not by that much) but russell has been the one that has been carrying the team and making guy's around him better since last year's playoff to now.

Although again i will admit it is a small sample size but so far it looks to be true, durant is shooting like crap and so far have shown no signs of improvement and actually regressed in alot of area where westbrook is breaking out into an elite pg.

Well that's my take on the thunder right now, what do u guy's/gals think.

And Kobe isn't important to the Lakers as well, correct? I mean, they generally win without him, right?

Like you admitted, it's 2 games bud. Westbrook is a legitimate all-star caliber player, and the overall team is extremely solid thanks to another years improvement and the emergence of Ibaka as a legit big, but KD is absolutely the core of their offense (and a great defender).

It's the new in thing to discount KD, but I can assure you that anyone doing so is a fool. Kid's 22 and one of the best players in the league. An extremely hard worker and legit superstar; but you're right, probably not a necessity...

Baller1
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
I've said it in a few threads already, but no one seems to notice.

Durant is actually off to a better start this year than he had last year. He struggled to start the season in '09, and after a long summer on a another continent, he's starting slow again.

I can't believe 2 games are actually convincing people he's overrated. Look at what happened in the fourth quarters without Durant. We absolutely need him in the fourth to close out games for us. But yes, Westbrook is absolutely incredible and could lead this team to the playoffs by himself.

Avenged
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Russell Westbrook is emerging, people.

Durant should be "wary", Westbrook can actually make the Thunder his team. ;)

Baller1
11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Russell Westbrook is emerging, people.

Durant should be "wary", Westbrook can actually make the Thunder his team. ;)

I think in terms of importance and value, it very well could happen.

But Durant is God in OKC, and around the NBA at this point. Wherever he's at in his entire career, he'll be "the guy".

KG2TB
11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Durant isn't overrated it's that the Thunder are a deep, well coached team and that Russel is probably underrated. I have him as the number 4 PG in the league right now. I've been very impressed with his development and leadership this year.

Raph12
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Russell Westbrook has been the team's MVP so far Durant is overrated by many, not that he's not a great player but he gets too much credit for the Thunder's success.

KnicksorBust
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
It's 2 games. Wake me up when they are at 1/3 of the Rockets winning streak from a few seasons ago.

Crackadalic
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Any team can win at least 10 games just by playing harder and wanting it more they didnt have there two key starters yet they won because they wanted it more so its not a big shocker

D1JM
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Rb struggled yesterday but had a big game against Boston. Okc has a solid starting five and bench. Kd is not overrated.

GSwarriors4LIFE
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I know durant has been out for two games and the c's and bucks probably took the thunder lightly without durant which resulted in two wins, but trust me without durant teams are going to figure out how to shutdown the thunder without their TRUE superstar. But I can be wrong Westbrook is looking like a stud(no homo) and could turn into superstar sooner than I thought.

AIRMAR72
11-23-2010, 06:45 AM
westbrook and ibaka were reason why it took the lakers 7games to get the job done while durant was shooting bricks after bricks westbrook is really a SG so hes still learning the PG position his crossover how he sets it up remains me of detroit piston grant hill exploding to basket with thrust ibaka is a poorman hakeem olijuwan meaning he pivot well with either leg good weakside defender and primeter defender he can play hes better than advertise

Law25
11-23-2010, 07:43 AM
They keep winning because they are an DAMN good team led be an hell of an talent in Russel Westbrook and his Pippen, Durant . I said over ther summer and ill say it again that kid is the heart and soul of that team. I witness it against my Lakers when Durant was folding the only reason that series went as long as it did was because of westbrook.

DaBUU
11-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Westbrook is neither a SG or PG, just like DRose and DWade, he's a lead guard. Someone capable of doing it all, and doing whatever the team needs at any given time. Also Ibaka has really stepped up, both are keeping them in games. This place is nuts, now KD is overrated?

JordansBulls
11-23-2010, 11:59 AM

This

xbrackattackx
11-23-2010, 12:02 PM
I love Westbrook, But Durant is still the Heart of that team.

tr4shb0t
11-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Because the rest of the team picks it up, knowing that they have more work to do. That and the league will protect injured teams so that their fans don't panic and bail.