PDA

View Full Version : Durant/Westbrook or Rose/Melo or Rondo/Pierce (prime)

JordansBulls
11-21-2010, 02:08 AM
the first two groups as they are now, as well as Rondo, but Pierce in his prime

Which duo would you take?

hugepatsfan
11-21-2010, 02:17 AM
1.) Durant/Westbrook
2.) Rondo/Pierce
3.) Rose/Melo

Baller1
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
The best combo would be Rondo/Durant for sure. But, of those it's between Durant/Westbrook and Rondo/Pierce.

Melo and Rose is all scoring with no defense, so they can't really be compared on the same level as the other two.

Minimal
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM
1. Rondo/Pierce
2. Westbrook/Durant
3. Rose/Melo

todu82
11-22-2010, 11:37 AM
1) Durant/Westbrook
2) Rondo/Pierce
3) Rose/Melo

Ebbs
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Thats tough I think Pierce and Rondo by a bit.

Prime Pierce was 26, 7, 5 with a 23 PER

Durant last year was a bit better but Rondo defensively is the extra IMO.

rufo4100
11-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Durant/Westbrook as we have yet to see the prime of either player.

Raph12
11-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Definitely Rondo-Pierce IMO...

KnicksorBust
11-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Rondo/Pierce. I like a more traditional PG. Plus I think they are the best defensive combo.

Rentzias
11-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Durant/Westbrook is the only pair with dual deep threats. You can't cheat one to double the other.
Rondo/Pierce next for defensive purposes.
Then Jack Haley/Cliff Levingston as the top bench cheerleader duo.

Gators123
11-24-2010, 01:43 PM
1) Durant/Westbrook
2) Rondo/Pierce
3) Rose/Melo

This.

JordansBulls
11-25-2010, 04:40 PM
The best combo would be Rondo/Durant for sure. But, of those it's between Durant/Westbrook and Rondo/Pierce.

Melo and Rose is all scoring with no defense, so they can't really be compared on the same level as the other two.

Not sure why not. Rose can be considered the best of the PG group and Melo could be the same of the SF group.

Reversed86Curse
11-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Not sure why not. Rose can be considered the best of the PG group and Melo could be the same of the SF group.

Rose could be considered as the best, just like Rondo widely is considered better than either, and some think Westbrook is the better PG. But you asked the question, and people are answering. By the way, here's my choices

Rondo/Pierce- Pierce in his prime is a better shooter and defender than either Melo or Durant (current, but he's not hit his prime). Rondo is the best play maker and defender of this group by far, and he's not hit his prime.

Durant/Westbrook- Neither have hit their prime, so if you ask this question next year it could be different

Rose/Melo- both need the ball to be effective, and have virtually no defense. I'm not convinced Rose will get any better than he currently is, even when Boozer gets back (aging and overrated). Melo IMO is overrated

JordansBulls
11-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Rose could be considered as the best, just like Rondo widely is considered better than either, and some think Westbrook is the better PG. But you asked the question, and people are answering. By the way, here's my choices

Rondo/Pierce- Pierce in his prime is a better shooter and defender than either Melo or Durant (current, but he's not hit his prime). Rondo is the best play maker and defender of this group by far, and he's not hit his prime.

Durant/Westbrook- Neither have hit their prime, so if you ask this question next year it could be different

Rose/Melo- both need the ball to be effective, and have virtually no defense. I'm not convinced Rose will get any better than he currently is, even when Boozer gets back (aging and overrated). Melo IMO is overrated

Rondo isn't widely considered better than Rose. The Rondo/Rose is like the Magic/Bird or Deron/CP3 or Wade/Kobe/Lebron type of debate where it goes either way.

GW3 all day
11-26-2010, 11:03 PM
1: Rondo / Pierce
2: Westbrook / Durant
3. Rose / Melo

NJBASEBALL22
11-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Where did the Rose/Melo team even come from? The other two pairs are actually teammates.

I would take Durant/Westbrook if I'm starting a team but Rondo/Pierce is enticing as well.

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Where did the Rose/Melo team even come from? The other two pairs are actually teammates.

I would take Durant/Westbrook if I'm starting a team but Rondo/Pierce is enticing as well.

If he goes to the Bulls.

Reversed86Curse
12-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Rondo isn't widely considered better than Rose. The Rondo/Rose is like the Magic/Bird or Deron/CP3 or Wade/Kobe/Lebron type of debate where it goes either way.

Maybe not in Chicago, but in the rest of the country, there is a growing consensus in Rondo's favor.

JordansBulls
12-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Maybe not in Chicago, but in the rest of the country, there is a growing consensus in Rondo's favor.

No it is not. Here is Houston everyone feels Rose is better.