PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Hornets & Raptors in 5 Player Trade?

saintdrew
11-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Per ESPN:

"The New Orleans Hornets and Toronto Raptors are in serious discussions on a five-player trade that would send Peja Stojakovic and Jerryd Bayless to the Raptors for Jarrett Jack, David Andersen and Marcus Banks, a source told ESPN.com Saturday.

Stojakovic
The deal was close to being completed Friday night, but was held up over the amount of cash the Hornets would send to the Raptors in the trade.

Still, the holdup was not believed to be insurmountable, according to a source with direct knowledge of the talks, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Stojakovic is in the final year of his contract, earning $14.25 million, and has fallen out of the rotation in New Orleans, averaging just 7.5 points in less than 15 minutes per game playing behind Marco Belinelli, whom the Hornets acquired in another trade with the Raptors during the summer.

Bayless
Bayless is averaging 4.5 points and 2.5 assists as the backup point guard behind Chris Paul.

Jack, who is earning $4.6 million and has two more seasons left on his contract, has started all 13 games for the Raptors, averaging 10.8 points and 4.5 assists. But he has played an average of only 26 minutes per night, basically operating in a time-share with Jose Calderon at point guard.

Andersen, a backup center, is averaging 5.1 points and 3.1 rebounds, and Banks (in the final year of his contract, making $4.85 million) has appeared in only three games this season."

First off, I'm a huge Hornets fan and do not understand this trade at all. Especially when we have Jerryd Bayless. Just don't understand the move.

tredigs
11-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd like to see a bigger name in here. C'mon fellas!

Hunter48MVP
11-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Hornets shouldn't trade Jerryd Bayless. Rafer Alston, Jamaal Tinsley, and Javaris Crittenton are still free agents. Hornets really do need a good backup point guard to Chris Paul.

king4day
11-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Very good move on both sides. Peja is a big expiring for Toronto and Bayless is a very good young PG that could work going forward for them.

New Orleans gets a vet PG who will probably do more off the bench than Bayless would have. They also still get Banks who will probably be used in another trade later in the season.

jp611
11-20-2010, 11:52 AM
jarrett jack is a really good back-up pg to cp3

HornetsSolution
11-20-2010, 11:53 AM
That makes no sense. Hornets should just be patient. Hopefully its just a rumor.

nycericanguy
NO must really not be happy with Bayless. Guess they think Jack can run the offense better. Weird though, because they are essentially trading their first round pick for Jarret Jack. But then the way they are playing that pick has little value as it looks to be a late, late first rounder.

Jays Claw
I'd love it if this trade were to happen. Bayless would serve as compensation if the Raptors were to end up with a top 2 pick (Barnes/Jones). Which means they'd likely pick one of those two instead of filling a need at PG by picking either Irving or Knight.

Bayless would likely be our starting PG for years to come. And Peja is an expiring meaning this trade will open up great FA opportunities to pursue guys like Perkins and Gasol.

PG - Bayless/Calderon
SG - DeRozan/Weems
SF - Barnes (or Jones)/Kleiza
PF - Bargnani/Davis
C - Perkins/Gasol

nycericanguy
11-20-2010, 11:58 AM
I'd love it if this trade were to happen. Bayless would serve as compensation if the Raptors were to end up with a top 2 pick (Barnes/Jones). Which means they'd likely pick one of those two instead of filling a need at PG by picking either Irving or Knight.

Bayless would likely be our starting PG for years to come. And Peja is an expiring meaning this trade will open up great FA opportunities to pursue guys like Perkins and Gasol.

PG - Bayless/Calderon
SG - DeRozan/Weems
PF - Bargnani/Davis
C - Perkins/Gasol

That is a HUGE assumption you are making, if Bayless had shown he was capable of even running the BACKUP PG, NO & POR probably wouldn't have traded him.

He's a good combo guard scorer, but PG?....

zachattach
11-20-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't understand why the Hornets would do this trade. Unless its just a salary dump.

franey25
11-20-2010, 11:59 AM
first off i am a huge raptors fan and i do not understand this move at all...especialy when we already have jack

Carey
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I feel like the Hornets are kinda settling right now, they are playing good ball just wait a lil closer to the deadline, im sure they can get better for an asset like peja's contract, if not revisit this deal

Jays Claw
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
That is a HUGE assumption you are making, if Bayless had shown he was capable of even running the BACKUP PG, NO & POR probably wouldn't have traded him.

True. Although our coaching staff would have to work him into that role. We're loaded on the wings and Calderon is steadily on the decline.

MaHaRaJaH
11-20-2010, 12:12 PM

This.

AFlagRules
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM

Agreed.

To me Jack is the only guy in this trade who will actually play a role with either team. At the end of the day, Peja's 14 mill expiring is what Toronto wants and Bayless COULD still end up doing something in his career.

hugepatsfan
11-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I personally view Bayliss as a bench piece. I think he would be great in a Nate Robinson role - combo guard off the bench that can score on the 2nd unit.

Niro
11-20-2010, 12:22 PM

thats exactly what i thought...like they would trade starters or something..i was like wtf when i read those names

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2010, 12:27 PM
same here!

I personally view Bayliss as a bench piece. I think he would be great in a Nate Robinson role - combo guard off the bench that can score on the 2nd unit.

im hoping he can pull a beasley and breakout here. we'll see.

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 12:30 PM
SICK we get Bayless and are gunna be huge players this off season

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Raptors are trying to tank out this season for a good lotto pick while getting a huge expiring and a possible nice PG for the future in Bayless me happy:D

Blazers23
11-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Bayless isn't a pure PG he's a scorer and can get to the rim via his athleticism....but that's about it. I thought his situation in NO would help out learning how to pass and distribute under Chris Paul but bayless is straight careless with the ball, exactly why we shipped him out of Portland.

Sly Guy
11-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I like this move for the raptors for the long-term, but it means we'd be experiencing a lot more short-term pain.

Jack is a locker-room leader and well liked among the players[and he'd be a GREAT fit behind CP3]. Given the fact that the two major holes in the roster are sitting at the 1 and 5 respectively, moving the most rounded player we've got at that position to gamble on a young player in return doesn't make sense for this season.

What I like is that it give the raps flexibility. Clear some cap space to chase a FA center, and chalk up more losses to draft higher.

I really like Jack as a player, and I don't want to see him go, but Jose's pretty untradable, and if the move is designed with the future in mind, then I'm for it.

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I think this is a fine deal for the hornets. Jack is a good PG. They also get banks who is an expiring piece they can trade at the deadline, also I can see Andersen filling in with the Sean Marks role on the team. He could end up being the first big off the bench for their team. The only question is could the Hornets have gotten more for Peja's expiring?

John Walls Era
11-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Bayless is a solid player. He is a combo guard so I don't know if he can become the PG of the future, but he has potential.

nolafan33
11-20-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't buy into this. Atleast I don't trust the source it came from.

The trade almost happened last night? No it didn't, Bayless can't be traded until like the 23rd of December with other players, or something like that.

Byronicle
11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
neither side seems to like this trade, i see how raptors are doing it to clear some salary for this upcoming FA, but I rather have Calderon instead of Jack traded and just keep Banks

redsox0717
11-20-2010, 01:00 PM
The Hornets can't trade Bayless packaged with other players until 60 days have passed from his previous trade...

North Yorker
11-20-2010, 01:03 PM
The Hornets can't trade Bayless packaged with other players until 60 days have passed from his previous trade...

He can't be traded with another player I think.

The deal could go down as Bayless for Andersen.

Then Jack, Banks, TPE for Peja.

2 separate deals

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't buy into this. Atleast I don't trust the source it came from.

The trade almost happened last night? No it didn't, Bayless can't be traded until like the 23rd of December with other players, or something like that.

He can be traded on his own. Raptors have a trade exception that they can use in this deal.

CB4AB7VC15
11-20-2010, 01:06 PM
peja for tpe
tpe for AI

dunedinjays
11-20-2010, 01:07 PM
neither side seems to like this trade, i see how raptors are doing it to clear some salary for this upcoming FA, but I rather have Calderon instead of Jack traded and just keep Banks

except the problem is nobody wants calderon

dtmagnet
11-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Good trade for both teams IMO, Jack will be a great backup as will Anderson and Raptors help their rebuild process.

bartron_44
11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
This is a pure setup move from BC. He obviously couldn't find any takers for Calderon's contract, so he trading away our other highly paid PG for a cheaper backup, and a huge expiring :)

Peja won't see the floor as a Raptor either in all likely hood. Now we have like 20M in expirings and a huge trade exception to play with before next season..

It also eliminates the PG controversy, this move would make Jose our guy for this year. If we make this deal and Jose gets hurt again though, and we are in serious trouble...

It would make space in the rotation for Davis though by moving Andersen as well...

I would think Jack happy to play on a contender and in the playoffs too

clutchski
11-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't like this trade as a Raps fan. The only thing I like is the expiring contract. I feel like Jack is one of our lone sparks on this team..wins will be even more hard to come by without him (err..maybe that's the point?).

Anderson has been a pretty serviceable big man who can hit a jumper. I appreciate him on the team.

goblazers7
11-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Deal has been completed. New thread now. Check Espn now it will show it's done.

Jays Claw
11-20-2010, 02:16 PM
The New Orleans Hornets and Toronto Raptors have agreed in principle on a five-player trade that would send Peja Stojakovic and Jerryd Bayless to the Raptors for Jarrett Jack, David Andersen and Marcus Banks, a source told ESPN.com Saturday.

In order for the deal to pass muster under league rules, it actually would be executed as two separate trades to get around a restriction preventing Bayless from being included in a multi-player deal prior to Dec. 23 -- two months from the date the Hornets acquired Bayless from Portland.

A trade call likely will take place in about an hour.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5828835

JB0B0
11-20-2010, 02:18 PM
They could have gotten a lot more for Peja's contract.

SA5195
11-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Deal has been completed. New thread now. Check Espn now it will show it's done.

Both teams agreed. But the league needs to agree on it before it's actually official.

Raidaz4Life
11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Great trade for the Raps, another awful trade for the Hornets.

Korman12
11-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Trade official. Good move for both squads. I love Jack as a backup and I love Bayless possibly starting over Calderon.

Sly Guy
11-20-2010, 02:29 PM
yeah, given our offseason, nothing's done until it's league approved.

nolafan33
11-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Great trade for the Raps, another awful trade for the Hornets.

Another?

The only bad trade they made was with Bayless, and as far as I'm concerned that pick will be useless in this draft for several different reasons.

Gibby
11-20-2010, 03:13 PM
I like this for the raptors. Bayless is cheaper than Jack going forward and has alot more potential.

Although NO gets a better backup PG, you would think they get more for peja's expiring. But maybe if turn Bank's expiring into another solid this maybe worth it for them.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-20-2010, 03:13 PM

PG - Bayless/Calderon
SG - DeRozan/Weems
PF - Bargnani/Davis
C - Perkins/Gasol

Gasol won't come off the bench

FutureGM
11-20-2010, 03:16 PM
If Hornets fans are not happy with this deal they are highly underrating Jack. The guy is probably one of the best back-up point guards in this league. He was our starter! I just don't see how much playing time he's going to get. Anderson isn't that bad either. Pretty reliable on the jump for someone making 2.5 million. Plus Banks comes off the books...

I can see how this would kind of make sense for both teams. Hornets are going to attempt to make a run here and they are just trying to sustain this early on. Maybe even attempting to get these guys used to the system before playoffs.

On the other hand the Raptors get a massive expiring in Peja and I haven't even heard of Bayless so that can't be a good sign. Oh well.

Raptors are going to be big players next off season. We will probably get one hell of an over paid center that we truly need.

Blazers23
11-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Great trade for both teams...Peja is history after this season and his expiring contract. bayless might start on a bad toronto team. Jack is a spark plug which scoring is needed on the hornets.. Jack will only get better with Cp3. Bayless? well he will be bayless.

Blazers23
11-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Toronto might be big players or wanna be big players but no one wants to go there. Not even Turkalo liked Toronto. There only superstar bosh left town. The only talent left on that team is bargani and DeRozan. Raptor fans pray long and hard that you get the number 1 pick in the NBA draft. Thank god on top of that, that their is a NBA draft or else this franchise would be toast.

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Toronto might be big players or wanna be big players but no one wants to go there. Not even Turkalo liked Toronto. There only superstar bosh left town. The only talent left on that team is bargani and DeRozan. Raptor fans pray long and hard that you get the number 1 pick in the NBA draft. Thank god on top of that, that their is a NBA draft or else this franchise would be toast.

M Gasol is a free agent and is good friends with Jose Calderon :D and Harrison Barnes will look great as a Raptor next year...Also Most NBA teams would be toast without the draft

FlakeyFool
11-20-2010, 03:40 PM
So if we dont get the first pick, theres zero chances of getting a all star player from the draft?

Sly Guy
11-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Gasol won't come off the bench

pretty sure that '/' means 'or' as it's only a chance the raps will get one, definitely not both this offseason.

zambo4president
11-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Jarrett Jack is a beast. That'd be a nice move for both sides. Bayless could be pretty good if he gets a legit shot at some playing time, maybe he will in Toronto.

C_Mund
11-20-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty big on this trade.
Don't get me wrong, I expect nothing of Peja, but I've been a huge fan of his since way back in the day. It's always good to see cool players in raps jerseys. Also, Arizona's my fave college, so I'm glad to have a wildcat come our way in Bayless.
...but a lot of people here are expecting Bayless to start. I see him coming off the bench with Barbosa, Weems, Johnson, and soon to be Ed Davis. This could be a pretty potent second unit as far as scoring is concerned.

Sly Guy
11-20-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty big on this trade.
Don't get me wrong, I expect nothing of Peja, but I've been a huge fan of his since way back in the day. It's always good to see cool players in raps jerseys. Also, Arizona's my fave college, so I'm glad to have a wildcat come our way in Bayless.
...but a lot of people here are expecting Bayless to start. I see him coming off the bench with Barbosa, Weems, Johnson, and soon to be Ed Davis. This could be a pretty potent second unit as far as scoring is concerned.

Weems keeps playing the way he's playing and he's never coming off the bench.

La11
11-20-2010, 03:54 PM

Speaking of which..Portland would be toast if it weren't for the draft either loser. Roy, Alridge, Batum, Gred Oden(lol) Rudy...

29$JerZ
11-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Coming out of college I remember bayless was a top prospect to be a combo guard who could be a PG in the NBA, looks like after all these trades and rumors he really is just a combo guard and not much of a PG.

Sly Guy
11-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Speaking of which..Portland would be toast if it weren't for the draft either loser. Roy, Alridge, Batum, Gred Oden(lol) Rudy...

ha ha.....:clap:

3neSoulja
11-20-2010, 04:09 PM

The only reason no one wants to play here is because we haven't won anything lately.. Last time I checked I don't see any big free agents signing in minny, Philly, or any of the near the bottom teams.. So get your facts str8.. Last time I checked your teams paying Greg Oden 50 grand a bucket

Sportfan
11-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Hopefully Toronto makes good use of Bayless

SensandRaps
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM

well atleast turk came to toronto last i remember he left the blazers at the last second.

and our franchise would be toast without the draft

roy and Alridge just signed as free agents with the blazers i never knew that.

hows superstar oden working out for you guys...

the reason no one is signing with us is because we havent won anything in a while. toronto as a city can attract free agents we just need to start winning as a team and people will want to come here.

xILLN355
11-20-2010, 04:24 PM
if i were toronto i'd try sign a center and point guard and keep the team game going on like it is now and not a 1 star team like with bosh

Sly Guy
11-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Hopefully Toronto makes good use of Bayless

I think the more telling commet would be to say hopefully Bayless makes good use of Toronto.

Spennies.com
11-20-2010, 04:37 PM

Brandon Roy and Lamarcus Aldridge were both acquired through trade!

It was on draft day, but it was still technically a trade!

zambo4president
11-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Where exactly does Bayless fit into Toronto's rotation? What do the Raps look like if this deal is made?

La11
11-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Brandon Roy and Lamarcus Aldridge were both acquired through trade!

It was on draft day, but it was still technically a trade!

well they told the other team to draft the player they wanted. Yes it was a trade but technically it was Portland drafting there players.:facepalm:

dunedinjays
11-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Where exactly does Bayless fit into Toronto's rotation? What do the Raps look like if this deal is made?

they look like a championship caliber team

SA5195
11-20-2010, 04:56 PM

Backup or starting PG.

Jose/Bayless
Derozan/Barbosa
Weems/Kleiza/Peja
Evans/Davis/Dorsey
Bargnani/Johnson

IndiansFan337
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't see why NO would make this trade, especially with their team playing so well.

La11
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
So if we dont get the first pick, theres zero chances of getting a all star player from the draft?

Nope Guess not:( Jordan, Kobe, Melo , Wade,..Darko lol, Dirk, Bird, CP3, Deron, Gasol, T-mac, VC, J-kidd, were all stars and picked first overall...:D:facepalm:

JWO35
11-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Looks like 2 teams making a trade just make one

La11
11-20-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't see why NO would make this trade, especially with their team playing so well.

I say why not because they get a solid backup in Jarret and a big man shooter in Anderson but they could have gotten way more for Peja's expiring close to the deadline. Also, David Anderson has a team option 2.7 million (clearly not going to pick up) and Banks is expiring also for 4.7 million. They still have 7.4 million of expiring to work with and get a solid piece for the playoffs.

GSwarriors4LIFE
11-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Sounds like a good deal, the hornets get Jack who would be a very good back up to Paul and raptors get bayless who could be there pg of the future.

Eagles4Lyfe
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
OO ya?? Has anyone ever gone to portland as a matter of fact looks like both of your "franchise players" are injury riddled which pretty much means draft time for you guy sbecause you guys arent going to sign anyone..BTW didn't turk leave you to come to us??

Sounds like a good deal, the hornets get Jack who would be a very good back up to Paul and raptors get bayless who could be there pg of the future.

Pretty much even then he'll be coming of the bench with barbosa who can handle the ball if anything, so its basically nothing for us im just happy we got rid of this selfish guy who's not even a PG hes more of a SG..Whats funny is his former teammate belli gets to start over him

nolafan33
11-20-2010, 05:59 PM

I've heard this is a deal that will allow another deal, probably for a rugged big.

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 06:01 PM
So people who have watched Bayless...whats his story can he turn ito a nice player? with some PT on a rebuilding team sounds like good situation for him

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2010, 06:02 PM
So people who have watched Bayless...whats his story can he turn ito a nice player? with some PT on a rebuilding team sounds like good situation for him

yea he can. he just struggled in Portland because they had Miller and Roy always handling the ball and was just used as a spot up shooter in the small amount of PT he had. He can become a really good scorer if given the minutes...Toronto should be perfect for him.

Jays Claw
11-20-2010, 06:03 PM

The Hornets had concerns about whether Paul would stay and whether they'd be a productive group. As of now, Paul seems to be happy with their current success, allowing management to focus on winning. Acquiring Jack will most certainly help solidify their shallow bench.

Hunter48MVP
11-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Bad trade for the Hornets

znick21
11-20-2010, 06:06 PM

i've watched bayless since he was at arizona, i really think his absolute ceiling is a pretty good sixth man. i was really high on him when he left arizona and stoked the blazers got him, but he just hasn't improved that much in 2 and a half years. he can get to the rim at will, he just lacks necessary point guard skills and a reliable jump shot. i hope he doesn't prove me wrong because i wanted him to be great with the blazers, but if he does no hard feelings :)

Joshtd1
11-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I think Jack is a better fit in NO personally, gives them an actual solid backup PG.

Bayless is most useful if he can handle the ball and be allowed to score. He would have been a great fit here since Pop loves scoring PG's

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
the ONLY way this trade is bad for the Hornets is the fear of CP3 leaving....other than that it's even for both teams.

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 06:24 PM
i've watched bayless since he was at arizona, i really think his absolute ceiling is a pretty good sixth man. i was really high on him when he left arizona and stoked the blazers got him, but he just hasn't improved that much in 2 and a half years. he can get to the rim at will, he just lacks necessary point guard skills and a reliable jump shot. i hope he doesn't prove me wrong because i wanted him to be great with the blazers, but if he does no hard feelings :)

yea he can. he just struggled in Portland because they had Miller and Roy always handling the ball and was just used as a spot up shooter in the small amount of PT he had. He can become a really good scorer if given the minutes...Toronto should be perfect for him.

Thanks..Raptors need a break...maybe hes the next breakout star I hopes lol Im just glad Colagelo if nothing else is always good for a few trades.. some good some bad.Keeps it interesting in a slow year

topdog
11-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Seems kind of like a cost-cutting move for NOLA even though they may like Jack better as a steadier presence.

Great move for the Raps - dynamic young scoring point and a rental shooter for an okay/steady? pg, a passable center and D'Antoni's 1st mistake (not saying he was perfect before then, I jst remember it as his 1st move as gm).

Madness23
11-20-2010, 06:30 PM
NO fans will love Andersen, he is very very underrated !! give him 25 min and he will give you a 15 pts & 6/8 rbds a game

Ragun
11-20-2010, 06:32 PM
NO fans will love Andersen, he is very very underrated !! give him 25 min and he will give you a 15 pts & 6/8 rbds a game
NO fans please don't believe this guy because that will just never happen. He's a gritty player with a solid jump shot...that's all.

Madness23
11-20-2010, 06:34 PM
NO fans please don't believe this guy because that will just never happen. He's a gritty player with a solid jump shot...that's all.

huh ? he will be playing with chris paul not with future HOFs calderon and jack :facepalm:

how do you describe bargnani then ? ain't he the same type of player ?

dtmagnet
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM
huh ? he will be playing with chris paul not with future HOFs calderon and jack :facepalm:

Anderson can not score 15 points a game that is ridiculous, 10 is stretching it.

SensandRaps
11-20-2010, 06:44 PM

did u just compare anderson to bargnani:facepalm:

Madness23
11-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Anderson can not score 15 points a game that is ridiculous, 10 is stretching it.

chris paul=stretch the floor=open look shot=jump shot

i never said he is a starter or a freaking star, he is a good bench player

Madness23
11-20-2010, 06:46 PM
did u just compare anderson to bargnani:facepalm:

i said type, ain't bargnani a big who plays away from the rim ? the comparaison ends there

SensandRaps
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
chris paul=stretch the floor=open look shot=jump shot

so anderson is going to be shooting 80% from the field then because of paul:eyebrow: . paul is going to give his teammates open looks he cant take the shot for them, no way anderson averages 15 points in 25 minutes. he might get 15 in 48 minutes or in 25 minutes he will get around 6-8 points because im pretty sure he wont be a top scoring option off the bench for NO

marvILLous
:laugh: anderson average 15 and 8 in 25 min/game? lmao

Jays Claw

I never knew of any 'good bench players' who average 15 points and 8-10 rebounds a game. Anderson is a great energy guy who'll provide as much production as he can in limited minutes, that's it.

SensandRaps
11-20-2010, 06:52 PM
:laugh: anderson average 15 and 8 in 25 min/game? lmao

if anderson can do that in 25 minutes imagine what he can do in 48 minutes:p the raptors are getting ripped off in this deal then lol

Blazers#1Fan
11-20-2010, 07:00 PM
i think this might be a alary dump for melo!

this trade leaves them with 14+ off the books smells like carmelo

Madness23
11-20-2010, 07:09 PM
when he was in Europe ( i live in europe) anderson was considered as a player close to scola/garbajosa level. i know it was a stretch estimation but actually its a matter of touches per game. he is a good veteran bench player & has some hoops IQ

John Walls Era
11-20-2010, 07:17 PM

:laugh:

GunFactor187
11-20-2010, 07:34 PM
What I don't get is why NOH are making a trade NOW, they were on a hot-streak and to risk any chemistry now could be a detriment to their team. I dunno, IMO the timing of this trade is so wrong and far fetched...:shrug:

Blazers#1Fan
11-20-2010, 07:36 PM
i think the trade will be a little different i think they give them bayless&peja for JJ and(filler) and a 2nd

Blazers#1Fan
11-20-2010, 07:36 PM
What I don't get is why NOH are making a trade NOW, they were on a hot-streak and to risk any chemistry now could be a detriment to their team. I dunno, IMO the timing of this trade is so wrong and far fetched...:shrug:

there trading bench players lol they just got bayless and peja is just cap space

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 07:37 PM

That is a good point but at the same time, if they have a losing streak or something and they end up being desperate to make a move, other GMs will smell blood and not offer as much.

ramz.n
11-20-2010, 07:38 PM
from what I heard is that they just want to get under the luxury tax while being able to pick up a pg who is capable of playing behind chris paul, jack was a starter and is more than capable of coming off the bench as the backup pg or the backup sg, its a good trade for both teams imo.

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 07:38 PM

N.O is looking at a long playoff run...with Paul coming off injury they prob dont wanna burn him out by playing him a lot,Jack is more solid backup then bayless as far as experience goes....They should have probably just kept Collison

JeffG20
11-20-2010, 07:50 PM

not really, just tweaking the bench a little. the same bench that almost blew every lead we had when Chris was not on the floor.

Bayless is erratic and has no court vision. good scorer but thats where it ends. there is room for improvement

phoenix_bladen
11-20-2010, 07:53 PM
if anderson can do that in 25 minutes imagine what he can do in 48 minutes:p the raptors are getting ripped off in this deal then lol

hahah some people overrating this scrub ..........

JDizzle
11-20-2010, 07:54 PM
hornets are going places

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 07:55 PM
With Anderson gone I think Raps might sign Dampier

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 08:04 PM
With Anderson gone I think Raps might sign Dampier

is there any evidence to this?

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 08:06 PM
is there any evidence to this?

That's why I said I think..well Anderson was the only other C on the team behind Bargnani.Dampier is still available and Toronto showed interest not long ago..good enough?

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
That's why I said I think..well Anderson is the only other C on the team behind Bargnani.Dampier is still available and Toronto showed interest not long ago..good enough?
I think there is a better chance that Ed Davis and Kleiza gets Andersen's minutes.

spreadeagle
11-20-2010, 08:16 PM
I think there is a better chance that Ed Davis and Kleiza gets Andersen's minutes.

who the hell we gunna have at C ? Bargs and Evans are natural PF's we need a damn 7 footer who rebounds

numba1CHANGsta
11-20-2010, 08:23 PM
I still think the 07-08 Hornets are better than this season's team:

CP3
Peterson
Peja
West
Chandler

Pargo
Wells
Ely
Butler
James
Birdman

Madness23
11-20-2010, 08:23 PM
who the hell we gunna have at C ? Bargs and Evans are natural PF's we need a damn 7 footer who rebounds

want rebounds ? play dorsey

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 08:26 PM

andersen wasn't that guy. Trading him doesn't change anything in that sense to me.

John Walls Era
11-20-2010, 08:32 PM
want rebounds ? play dorsey

Or Reggie whos doing a good enough job. I don't think Dorsey is anything other than a bench warmer.

gerber
11-20-2010, 08:45 PM
meh

John Walls Era
11-20-2010, 08:58 PM
meh

thanks for the insight. WOW great post.

aussie
11-20-2010, 09:22 PM
question: is this trade official yet? cos i think bayless hasto wait till december

my opinion: give us ur first instead of andersen :P ahha

CB29
11-20-2010, 09:27 PM
andersen wasn't that guy. Trading him doesn't change anything in that sense to me.

probably we'll call up alabi and see what he can do and this trade will open up a spot so BC will probably do something with that sooner rather than later...

Jays Claw
11-20-2010, 09:27 PM
question: is this trade official yet?

I think it's official. Well, atleast Bayless thinks so.

TORONTO

Link: http://twitter.com/jbay_4

i think bayless has to wait till december

The trade will go down as two seperate deals. Bayless for Anderson and Jack, Banks for Peja.

the life
11-20-2010, 09:29 PM
question: is this trade official yet? cos i think bayless hasto wait till december

my opinion: give us ur first instead of andersen :P ahha

OK!!!! but include CP3 in the trade instead of Peja. You get in Jack a solid starter and CP3 is unhappy anyway there...

aussie
11-20-2010, 09:32 PM
OK!!!! but include CP3 in the trade instead of Peja. You get in Jack a solid starter and CP3 is unhappy anyway there...

1. he is happy
2. he would rather play in the NBL then play for toronto

Mckphins
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
meh

wow thankyou, im so glad you posted. ur 1,150 posts must be gems

smith&wesson
11-20-2010, 09:42 PM

lol thats funny guy. :D

dtmagnet
11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
I still think the 07-08 Hornets are better than this season's team:

CP3
Peterson
Peja
West
Chandler

Pargo
Wells
Ely
Butler
James
Birdman

Obviously when you have Bonzi Wells on your team you're going to be better than when you don't.

aussie
11-20-2010, 09:47 PM
i hope its a rumor, im gonna miss peja :'(

Bigbadmoffo
11-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Bad trade for the raptors. JJ is cheap and much better then Bayless.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
I didn't want to lose Jack but I always wanted Bayless since he declared.

I allows Barboa to play more PG too if needed giving more minutes to Deozan and Weems at the wing.

Ragun
11-20-2010, 11:11 PM
probably we'll call up alabi and see what he can do and this trade will open up a spot so BC will probably do something with that sooner rather than later...

i dont think alabi will be called up right now. i think it clears room for ed davis...he's almost ready to come in.

JJ_JKidd
11-20-2010, 11:16 PM
How in the world would this trade please CP3?! :facepalm:

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 11:45 PM
How in the world would this trade please CP3?! :facepalm:

rumour has it that jack and cp3 are good friends. Also CP3's minutes might be able to be cutback a bit now. He might like a little bit more of a break.

Bob_at_york
11-20-2010, 11:46 PM
what is that suppose to mean?

SA5195
11-20-2010, 11:59 PM
....aaaand it's official

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/hornets_trade_112010

SensandRaps
11-21-2010, 12:07 AM
^^im going to miss jack but i hope bayless's potential proves me wrong.

SensandRaps
rumour has it that jack and cp3 are good friends. Also CP3's minutes might be able to be cutback a bit now. He might like a little bit more of a break.

we saw how good jack is at keeping friends on former teams aka bosh lol

Ragun
....aaaand it's official

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/hornets_trade_112010

:clap: i really like this deal. its honestly a good trade for both sides.

hornet will love jack.

Eagles4Lyfe
11-21-2010, 12:22 AM
1. he is happy

is that why paul might leave you guys for NY??

Rego247
11-21-2010, 12:27 AM
1. he is happy

what are u trying to get at?

ragee
11-21-2010, 01:10 AM
I really don't get why the Hornets would agree to this deal... They could get something more out of Peja's expiring and why trade Bayless?

SensandRaps
11-21-2010, 01:12 AM
^^jack is a better back up for cp3 then bayless and the NO owner is more cash strapped then the raptors owner is i guess so that is why he probably didnt want to pay peja

JeffG20
11-21-2010, 01:16 AM
is that why paul might leave you guys for NY??

Hes still under contract this and next season. Alot can happen to keep him here

mjt20mik
11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
1. he is happy

I'm sorry that is just funny. I'm sure he would love to play for the 39ers or the Crocodiles.

:facepalm:

RapToronto95
11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
That Wojniasrski dude from twitter said NO gained a 9.7 million TPE for the Peja/Jack deal.

Doesn't that mean the Hornet's can make an even more significant trade in the future?

If I understood that correctly, the TPE and a solid backup PG is not a bad gain for the Hornets.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-21-2010, 01:33 AM
If the Raps used part of their TPE, it would have been said in most articles.

We only used about $3 mil I believe.

RaiderKid318
11-21-2010, 01:57 AM
trade went down. rumor has it the hornets are setting up for a potential huge trade close to the deadline

RapToronto95
11-21-2010, 02:41 AM
If the Raps used part of their TPE, it would have been said in most articles.

We only used about $3 mil I believe.

Yeah. But NO created some TPE for themselves.

Bigbadmoffo
11-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Now the raps can use the peja expiring to get rid of calderon i hope.

Bigbadmoffo
11-21-2010, 02:54 AM
If not use it to get a pick.

clutchski
11-21-2010, 03:05 AM
they look like a championship caliber team

Hardy har har.

Bayless will back up Calderon and play a 6th man type position at best in my opinion.

John Walls Era
11-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Jose/Bayless
Derozan/Barbosa
Weems/Kleiza/Peja
Evans/Davis/Dorsey
Bargnani/Johnson

So a potential lineup for next year: Bayless, Derozan, Harrison Barnes, Davis, AB. Not bad, especially for a team in the EAst. Not saying they would make the playoffs, but thats a lot of potential. Backups are decent as well...

John Walls Era
11-21-2010, 03:09 AM
trade went down. rumor has it the hornets are setting up for a potential huge trade close to the deadline

Why would they trade Peja then? Makes no sense seeing as how expirings are worth more than draft picks these days (eg: Tmac).

sargon21
11-21-2010, 03:23 AM
did this go official?

abe_froman
11-21-2010, 03:27 AM
^yes

JeffG20
11-21-2010, 03:36 AM
Why would they trade Peja then? Makes no sense seeing as how expirings are worth more than draft picks these days (eg: Tmac).

Im not so sure, seems like many teams have expirings these days. And with the uncertainty of the CBA and what the cap will look like im not so sure people are willing to take a big contract right now.

Allstar21
11-21-2010, 06:00 AM
inconsequential players being traded to inconsequential teams (hornets will drop off imho)

Method28
11-21-2010, 06:31 AM

Well I think having a good pg to throw in the trade like Jack, along with Thornton, and a couple decent expirings would be more alluring to some teams?

JOSKOMANG4
11-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Hornets Lineup:

C: Emeka Okafor/Aaron Gray/D.Anderson/Mbenga
PF: David West/Smith/Mensa-Bonsu
SF: Trevor Ariza/M.Bellinelli/Pondexter
SG: Marcus Thornton/W.Green
PG: Chris Paul/J.Jack/M.Banks

Hornets Lineup:

C: Andrea Bargnani/Solomon Alabi/Dwayne Jones
PF: Amir Johnson/Reggie Evans/Ed Davis
SF: Peja/Linas Kleiza/Julian Wright
SG: Leandro Barbosa/DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems
PG: Jose Calderon/J.Bayliss

Byronicle
11-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Hornets Lineup:

Hornets Lineup:

do you watch basketball? Belenelli is the starting SG for Hornets....

Amir, Peja and Leandro are not starters for the Raptors and will not be starters, especially Peja

Sadds The Gr8
11-21-2010, 11:41 AM
did this go official?

yea

La11
11-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Hornets Lineup:

Hornets Lineup:

This post of lineups is the Biggest fail ever!
1. Put both teams as Hornets Lineup
2. M. Bellineli is the starting SG
3. Peja is not going to start or get pt
4. Barbosa is not starting
5. Amir is not starting
6. Demar,Sonny and Reggie are our starter for 2-4 positions
7. Dwayne Jones got waived
8. Jay Bayless

aussie
11-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Hornets Lineup:

Hornets Lineup:

It will look more like this for the Hornets

C: Emeka Okafor/David Andersen/DJ Mbenga
PF: David West/Jason Smith
SF: Trevor Ariza/Quincy Pondexter
SG: Marco Belinelli/Willie Green/Marcus Thornton
PG: Chris Paul/Jarrett Jack

Inactive: Aaron Gray/Marcus Banks/Mensah-Bonsu (or DJ Mbenga)

John Walls Era
11-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Hornets Lineup:

Hornets Lineup:

Terrible projected lineups

saintdrew
11-22-2010, 02:53 AM
It will look more like this for the Hornets

C: Emeka Okafor/David Andersen/DJ Mbenga
PF: David West/Jason Smith
SF: Trevor Ariza/Quincy Pondexter
SG: Marco Belinelli/Willie Green/Marcus Thornton
PG: Chris Paul/Jarrett Jack

Inactive: Aaron Gray/Marcus Banks/Mensah-Bonsu (or DJ Mbenga)

^ That's fairly accurate for anyone wanting to know what the new depth chart will look like.

However, Coach Monty Williams plays guys (other than the starting 5) based on matchups each night.

So it's hard to say who'll backup Okafor. I don't think this David Andersen guy is going to come in and be #2 behind Okafor-won't work like that, I bet they use him as some sort of player to just come in and throw his body around. I could be wrong and hopefully he's like Jason Smith fighting for loose balls but Mensah-Bonsu & Mbenga are pretty good backups.

Jarret Jack is basically a really good backup PG. It makes sense now because I didn't like the trade originally but Jerryd Bayless was getting desolate minutes a night and he wouldn't have progressed enough to have a serious impact on the team.

And someone else made this comment but trading Peja Stojakovic was like the final sign that the Hornets had removed the "bad signings era" from New Orleans under Jeff Bower as GM.

If you don't remember I'll just name you a few players that Bower signed and brought the Hornets team to literal turmoil before the arrival of Dell Demps:

Peja Stojakovic- pretty sure Bower did a sign-in-and-trade for him the night free agency started and signed him to a new 6 year $50million range deal.

James Posey- went out and signed Posey to a 3 or 4 year deal up to $30million

Rasual Butler, Antonio Daniels, Bobby Brown, Melvin Ely, Sean Marks, Devin Brown, Bobby Jackson, are some to name that Bower had on the team.