PDA

View Full Version : Are the SacTown Kings Show Casing Players?

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 07:35 AM
The Kings Starting Lineup the past 2 games:

PG Head
SG Evans
SF Greene
PF Landry
C Dalembert

Is Westphal the worst coach in the NBA or just crazy?

Shouldn't the starting lineup be:

C Samuel Dalembert
PF DeMarcus Cousins
SF Omri Casspi/Garcia
SG Tyreke Evans
PG Beno Udrih

Sixth Man: Carl Landry

Luther Head and Donte Green not only should they not be starters, I can't even see them being the bench. Casspi and Garcia should play ahead of Done Green. And Luther Head shouldn't even see any playing time.

Are they just show casing these players so they can trade them? Or is the coach really this crazy?

Kyle916
11-20-2010, 07:44 AM
No it's Westphal being Westphal (although I don't agree with some of the things you said).

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 07:48 AM
No it's Westphal being Westphal (although I don't agree with some of the things you said).

What don't you agree? You think Donte Green is better than Garcia or Casspi? And you think Luther Head is better than Beno?

More-Than-Most
11-20-2010, 08:06 AM

PG Head
SG Evans
SF Greene
PF Landry
C Dalembert

C Samuel Dalembert
PF DeMarcus Cousins
SF Omri Casspi/Garcia
SG Tyreke Evans
PG Beno Udrih

Luther Head and Donte Green not only should they not be starters, I can't even see them being the bench. Casspi and Garcia should play ahead of Done Green. And Luther Head shouldn't even see any playing time.

Are they just show casing these players so they can trade them? Or is the coach really this crazy?

I edited my post... Just gonna let it be... to tired.

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 08:10 AM
cuz you know i'm right

More-Than-Most
11-20-2010, 08:15 AM
cuz you know i'm right

You asked a question... How does that make you right???? Also what if they are??? They are a team building for the future and if they can get nice young talented players back for some of their veterans then its a good deal.

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 08:18 AM
You asked a question... How does that make you right???? Also what if they are??? They are a team building for the future and if they can get nice young talented players back for some of their veterans then its a good deal.

do they really want more young players back? looks like they lack veteran leadership,

Demon11
11-20-2010, 08:20 AM

PG Head
SG Evans
SF Greene
PF Landry
C Dalembert

C Samuel Dalembert
PF DeMarcus Cousins
SF Omri Casspi/Garcia
SG Tyreke Evans
PG Beno Udrih

Please dont post about the kings if you know nothing about them. Head is in because Beno gets blown by everytime and its killing us. We won the game today because of him and Greene starting. Greene is overall better than Casspi right now and brings a ton of help on defense. We didnt draft Cousins to be a PF and Landry is the only consistant second opt

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Please dont post about the kings if you know nothing about them. Head is in because Beno gets blown by everytime and its killing us. We won the game today because of him and Greene starting. Greene is overall better than Casspi right now and brings a ton of help on defense. We didnt draft Cousins to be a PF and Landry is the only consistant second opt

You won the game today because you played the worst team in NBA last year (NJN). And it was on your home court by only a few points. Please don't fool yourself.

mamba24
11-20-2010, 08:27 AM
You won the game today because you played the worst team in NBA last year (NJN). And it was on your home court by only a few points. Please don't fool yourself.

id say the 1-12 clippers are way worse than the 4-8 nets lol...good win for a young team

Sactown
11-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Imo

Starters
PG: Tyreke
SG: Garcia
SF: Greene
PF: JT / Darnell <-- one will get traded I bealive
C: Sammy (for now)

2nd Unit

PG: Beno
SG: Luther Head
SF: Casspi
PF: Landry
C: DMC
Excess minutes go to whiteside at C/PF

reasoning for these lineups:
Kings can start the game off with some high power offense and not fall behind like usual, while keeping some scoring talent on the bench Beno/Casspi/Landry
DMC can't start because he fouls out to easy, it's better off as of now for him to ease into the game starting off playing the oppositions backup center.

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Imo

Starters
PG: Tyreke
SG: Garcia
SF: Greene
PF: JT / Darnell <-- one will get traded I bealive
C: Sammy (for now)

2nd Unit

PG: Beno
SG: Luther Head
SF: Casspi
PF: Landry
C: DMC
Excess minutes go to whiteside at C/PF

reasoning for these lineups:
Kings can start the game off with some high power offense and not fall behind like usual, while keeping some scoring talent on the bench Beno/Casspi/Landry
DMC can't start because he fouls out to easy, it's better off as of now for him to ease into the game starting off playing the oppositions backup center.

I agree. But it looks like Tyreke rather play with 4 defensive players so he can score 30ppg a game.

Sactown
11-20-2010, 08:41 AM
I agree. But it looks like Tyreke rather play with 4 defensive players so he can score 30ppg a game.

Yes lol this has a good argument to it haha, I think the Kings should force him to become a PG. Tyreke has the talent this year, Greene,Garcia,Beno can hit the open jumper.. and I know Tyreke has the vision to see them... It'll be a work in progress, PW needs to become a better leader.. Idk who is control of the game PW or Tyreke

Foye
11-20-2010, 10:35 AM
What don't you agree? You think Donte Green is better than Garcia or Casspi? And you think Luther Head is better than Beno?

No, but he probably thinks that Westphal thinks they're better players which is not out of question considering how terrible of a coach W. is. :D

Sactown
11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Well the Kings lost six in a row before last night and was probably trying to mix things up...

derfdstgrey
11-20-2010, 11:21 AM
welcome come to our b2cshop website:( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

everybody!sorry bother your time a min,we are serious and professional jersey supplier,we can offer NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA jerser,the NFL jersey 18usd each,the NHL jersey 38USD each.MLB jersey 18usd each,NAB jersey 18usd each.we have many jerseys of other players, so please contact us for more information if you are interested in .

1) More pictures available on our website ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

2) Many colors available .
3) Perfect quality, small order accepted .
4) 100% safe door to door delivery, within 5 - 7 days air express for small orders .

5) We have lots of jerseys in stock

6) Letters and number are sewn on b2cshop body, 100% embroidery

7) Size: .48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60

8) Delivery by UPS, DHL, EMS door to door

9) Delivery in 5 - 7 days

NFL,NBA,MLB all are 18usd!!!!

The jerseys in stock may be updated everyday !
come on,join us!

( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

Demon11
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes lol this has a good argument to it haha, I think the Kings should force him to become a PG. Tyreke has the talent this year, Greene,Garcia,Beno can hit the open jumper.. and I know Tyreke has the vision to see them... It'll be a work in progress, PW needs to become a better leader.. Idk who is control of the game PW or Tyreke

I'd rather have Tyreke as our main scorer considering that he will probably be our most paid player. Let him develop more at SG. It todays league you can find PGs like finding cops in a donut shop. But finding scorers is a tad harder.

DerekRE_3
11-20-2010, 05:26 PM
The Kings defense has been very, very, very atrocious. He's trying to improve it. Head suprisingly has done a decent job defensively. Beno has not.

Chateamsfan
11-20-2010, 05:42 PM
I wish the Bobcats got Thompson. But what's the point anymore.... sigh.....

DerekRE_3
11-20-2010, 05:45 PM
I wish the Bobcats got Thompson. But what's the point anymore.... sigh.....

You don't want Thompson, trust me. He hasn't improved a bit since coming into the league. One of the worst basketball IQ's I've seen. He can't finish inside. He's not hitting FT's. His mid range is average at best. He's a good rebounder and hustler, but he commits the most mind numbing fouls I've seen. He wouldn't get any minutes over Diaw or Thomas. I guess he could play ahead of Diop...but what is that saying really?

Demon11
11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
You don't want Thompson, trust me. He hasn't improved a bit since coming into the league. One of the worst basketball IQ's I've seen. He can't finish inside. He's not hitting FT's. His mid range is average at best. He's a good rebounder and hustler, but he commits the most mind numbing fouls I've seen. He wouldn't get any minutes over Diaw or Thomas. I guess he could play ahead of Diop...but what is that saying really?

Lmao dude so many teams in this league want Thompson. You're really under rating him.

DerekRE_3
11-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Lmao dude so many teams in this league want Thompson. You're really under rating him.

Yeah, tons of teams want him. That's why the Hawks declined a Jeff Teague for Jason Thompson swap.

Hunter48MVP
11-20-2010, 05:51 PM
With that kind of a starting 5. YES!

netsgiantsyanks
11-20-2010, 05:56 PM

key word:last year.

Spurred1
11-20-2010, 06:16 PM

Diop's fierce, what are you talking about? ;)

FarOutIos
11-20-2010, 06:27 PM

PG Head
SG Evans
SF Greene
PF Landry
C Dalembert

C Samuel Dalembert
PF DeMarcus Cousins
SF Omri Casspi/Garcia
SG Tyreke Evans
PG Beno Udrih

You do bring up some interesting points. As far as your starting lineup, I pretty much agree.

I have always thought that Dalambert and Cousins should be the starters with Landry coming off the bench. BUT- I don't think they are showcasing Landry. Seems like they just really like him as a starter. Could be the fact that they traded a starter in Kevin Martin to get him...

As for Casspi, Greene and Garcia- Garcia is clearly the better player now. The other two are building on potential. The only reasons I see Greene starting over Garcia is that Greene is taller and can help with the size deficiencies created by having Landry in the lineup.

That's where starting Cousins along side Sammy would allow us to also start Garcia.

Casspi is an energy player, similar to Garcia. Having both of them come off the bench is a little repetitive to me, though it could be interesting and fun.

As for Head, well that's a head scratcher. He has played well, but I don't think he should start either. If Beno's lack of defense is creating problems with Sam Dalambert under the basket, it probably gets worse when he goes to the bench. So Beno should start with the good in the paint defenders.

Better yet, they should trade Carl for a guard who can play defense and hit the outside shot.

Just my opinion, though.

DerekRE_3
11-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Luther Head has actually been pretty decent this year. He is playing solid defense and isn't turning the ball over. He's even posting a PER of 17.5 right now. That's actually the highest on the Kings right now...

D1JM
11-20-2010, 06:43 PM
i wouldnt mind head

CityofTreez
11-20-2010, 06:45 PM

What has JT shown that many teams really want?

Watching him these past 3 years, I still don't know what he brings to this team, jus a bunch of headaches from what i've seen!

as for the OP, no we're not show-casing, it's just Westphal' way of coaching and I'm beginning to worry a bit after last night's minutes played.

HouRealCoach
11-20-2010, 06:54 PM

Nets arent really a bad team

Ollie Tabooger
11-20-2010, 07:45 PM
i wouldnt mind head

:pity: That joke is so overplayed.