PDA

View Full Version : What does Monta Ellis need to do to be a superstar in this league?

LTBaByyy
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
He is playing like a top 5 player in the league this season...

But no one talks about him in the media at all

What does he need to do to be a superstar in the NBA?

GoatMilk
11-20-2010, 12:48 AM
do more than just score (although his steals are great)
and lead his team to the playoffs
and perform well in the playoffs
become an all-star, but that goes hand in hand with winning

Giraffes Rule
11-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Be on a good team.

Khalifa21
11-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Win

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2010, 12:56 AM
pass

LTBaByyy
11-20-2010, 01:00 AM
He's avg 5 ast this year though?? and 2.5 steals

26.5 pts

Rafer17
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
play like a top 3 player

SluggeR
11-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Win

Joshtd1
11-20-2010, 01:05 AM

Bingo

Tha Truth
11-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Winning heals all.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Do something other than score. And he's not really known to be scoring at an efficient rate.

Basically play some defense and pass. Also needs to win.

heatking
11-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Hes already the 2nd best player in the league behind kobe.

Raph12
11-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Win more games, play better defense, pass the ball more efficiently... Should I continue?

LakersA's49ers
11-20-2010, 01:23 AM
The man's got 37 after 3 so far tonight. If you see his moves, he's amazing. That said, when hes off he forces shots

CityofChaos
11-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Without Monta the Warriors would be down by 30+ to the Knicks. Hes the only guy putting points on the board for the Warriors and I feel bad for him.

Lee is out, Curry sucks right now, and they really dont have any other good pieces at all...

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-20-2010, 01:24 AM
Just keep trying,
Help you're team win

LakersA's49ers
11-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Monta can play! Hes draining everything tonight! He has single handidly put the Warriors within 8

montazingmvp
11-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Do something other than score. And he's not really known to be scoring at an efficient rate.

Basically play some defense and pass. Also needs to win.

uh huh...

but kevin durants the s.h.i.t. right?

montazingmvp
11-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Win more games, play better defense, pass the ball more efficiently... Should I continue?

"pass the ball more efficiently"...

like say, dwight howard...oh wait...

checkit
11-20-2010, 06:41 AM
more wins, but I think he is on his way.

kikeyanez
11-20-2010, 07:13 AM
the warriors have david lee & monta ellis a young gun in stephen curry but yeah thats about it! if the warriors where smart they would offer curry plus expireing contracts dan gazuric & vlad rad for carmelo anthony the nuggets get a young coner stoner player in curry plus 14 million coming off the books! the warriors get melo,david lee & monta running up & down the court winning championships

falas108
11-20-2010, 07:24 AM
welcome to: *****************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Monta Ellis is Awesome! I love watching him and the GS warriors. I drafted him in all 3 of my fantasy basketball leagues this year. He is so talented on the offensive end, and I believe he can score efficiently on any single coverage situation.

The problem is his defense. And you can't really blame Monta because he is a product of the system that Golden State plays. The warriors try to outscore their opponents and not lock down D. While Monta and Curry both have nice steals, it doesn't really mean they play great man to man defense. All it means is they gamble a lot on the passing lanes (kind of like Iverson back in the days). Iverson got a bunch of steals but no one really considered him a great defensive guard.

Just look at last nights game vs NYC, Monta put up stella all star numbers. *40pts(55%FG), 3rb, 5asst, 3steals, 4to.

But look what he allowed Raymond Felton to put up.
*35pts(76%FG), 5rb, 11asst, 4stl, 5to.

Now, mind you felton is a carear 41% FG shooter, which is very telling of Montas defense on Felton. To win games, Monta needs to keep his guy's productivity down while also torch him on the offensive end. But I realize this is very difficult especially when he avg 40minutes a game. It's just so hard to try to lock your man down and also be efficient scorer the whole game. The warriors are just not deep enough to give Monta a breather during the game.

Monta needs to play along side a bigger guard who can help him defend while he explode offensively on the opponent. I've always agreed with Monta when he said he wont work with Curry. Yes, watching Monta and Curry is very very exciting. But if you truely want to win games, you need a bigger guard who can shoot next to monta. Example, Billups (young billups from maybe 3-4 yrs ago).

BradyIsTheMan12
11-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Monte is a very good player, but superstar at any point in his career? No, not happening in my opinion.

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Monte is a very good player, but superstar at any point in his career? No, not happening in my opinion.

Monta Ellis = young Iverson. Same speed, similar size (monta slightly taller), same driving skills. To make him look like an super star, you would need to build him an 90s Phili team. 4 defensive players and 1 Monta Ellis and he will drop 40 for you every night.

tangent12
11-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Stop being a loser perhaps?

Superstars are usually related with winning and success, not embarrassment and mediocrity.

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Stop being a loser perhaps?

Superstars are usually related with winning and success, not embarrassment and mediocrity.

True. But what if your team sucks? Then you can never became a Super Star? I mean...even CP3 last yr's team underachieved. And I don;t think CP3 is a loser. Amare is considered a super star(and got paid like one), but look at his team now....

smood999
11-20-2010, 08:14 AM
before the thunder got anywhere...look at how high ppl viewed durant........nobody cared when bosh was in toronto losing puttin up great numbers and gettin injured....look at how ppl viewed arenas at one point and i wouldnt say he won they made it to the playoffs during times when the east was very very very weak and got knocked out first round every yr....i say give ellis his credit...not his fault he's on a bad team in the west if he were in the east the warriors prob would make the playoffs

LakersIn5
11-20-2010, 08:20 AM
ellis is so underated just because his team is not winning doesnt mean he aint that good..

people are saying players like evans and brook lopez are bound to be superstars but their teams win less that ellis' warriors.

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 08:21 AM
before the thunder got anywhere...look at how high ppl viewed durant........nobody cared when bosh was in toronto losing puttin up great numbers and gettin injured....look at how ppl viewed arenas at one point and i wouldnt say he won they made it to the playoffs during times when the east was very very very weak and got knocked out first round every yr....i say give ellis his credit...not his fault he's on a bad team in the west if he were in the east the warriors prob would make the playoffs

Monta ellis is great, but not his team. Even if GS was on the east I don't think they make playoffs. Dorell Wright is their Starting SF...come on. Dude played 10min in Miami as 3rd or 4th string...now he starting and play 35+min on GS. That tells you how crappy his team is.

tredigs
11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Monta Ellis is Awesome! I love watching him and the GS warriors. I drafted him in all 3 of my fantasy basketball leagues this year. He is so talented on the offensive end, and I believe he can score efficiently on any single coverage situation.

The problem is his defense. And you can't really blame Monta because he is a product of the system that Golden State plays. The warriors try to outscore their opponents and not lock down D. While Monta and Curry both have nice steals, it doesn't really mean they play great man to man defense. All it means is they gamble a lot on the passing lanes (kind of like Iverson back in the days). Iverson got a bunch of steals but no one really considered him a great defensive guard.

Just look at last nights game vs NYC, Monta put up stella all star numbers. *40pts(55%FG), 3rb, 5asst, 3steals, 4to.

Now, mind you felton is a carear 41% FG shooter, which is very telling of Montas defense on Felton. To win games, Monta needs to keep his guy's productivity down while also torch him on the offensive end. But I realize this is very difficult especially when he avg 40minutes a game. It's just so hard to try to lock your man down and also be efficient scorer the whole game. The warriors are just not deep enough to give Monta a breather during the game.

Monta needs to play along side a bigger guard who can help him defend while he explode offensively on the opponent. I've always agreed with Monta when he said he wont work with Curry. Yes, watching Monta and Curry is very very exciting. But if you truely want to win games, you need a bigger guard who can shoot next to monta. Example, Billups (young billups from maybe 3-4 yrs ago).

^Where'd you come from? Solid answer, and you're entirely right.

The defense rests.

montazingmvp
11-20-2010, 10:57 AM

i understand what you are saying and i agree with it to a certain extent but...

monta was not guarding felton that often during the game. and raymond felton was making shots with his eyes closed yesterday... i've never seen so many lucky made shots in my life...

Ethix11
11-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Make some cool plays.

eugene
11-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Win games!

tredigs
11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
How about be the best player on a winning team? I'd argue that he's never been that (being a die hard Warrior fan).

He's an incredible penetrator (that's what she said), but he struggles handling bigger 2 guards and has a knack for stagnating the entire offense when he starts getting into his "takeover" mode; it does more harm than good the majority the time. That, plus his relatively weak defense (blame it on Nelson all you want, but the fact is he struggles hugely here), are the reasons why his adjusted +/- are rarely in his favor. I.E., the Warriors are no better with him on the court than they are with him off.

Edit: Bottom line - Superstars make their team elite, and Monta, as good as he is offensively (better than 99.9% of the players on earth) doesn't do that.

Hawkeye15
11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
How about be the best player on a winning team? I'd argue that he's never been that (being a die hard Warrior fan).

He's an incredible penetrator (that's what she said), but he struggles handling bigger 2 guards and has a knack for stagnating the entire offense when he starts getting into his "takeover" mode; it does more harm than good the majority the time. That, plus his relatively weak defense (blame it on Nelson all you want, but the fact is he struggles hugely here), are the reasons why his adjusted +/- are rarely in his favor. I.E., the Warriors are no better with him on the court than they are with him off.

Edit: Bottom line - Superstars make their team elite, and Monta, as good as he is offensively (better than 99.9% of the players on earth) doesn't do that.

I have posted countless times this exact same thing. But I get bashed for it by many due to not being a Warriors fan. Simply put, Ellis, historically, for all his offensive production, doesn't help his team win. How can anyone be considered a superstar if they don't help their team win?

kevin98189
11-20-2010, 01:44 PM
IMO if he ever wants to be among the elite in the NBA he needs to learn how to play like a true PG. he has to facilitate the ball, set up plays and score only when he needs to. same for curry but there can only be one PG so that's why curry and monta cannot play together both are high volume shooters. i dont see curry and monta thing lasting for very long...the organization will want to start winning and realize they have to trade one of them to get a bigger guard.

Hawkeye15
11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
IMO if he ever wants to be among the elite in the NBA he needs to learn how to play like a true PG. he has to facilitate the ball, set up plays and score only when he needs to. same for curry but there can only be one PG so that's why curry and monta cannot play together both are high volume shooters. i dont see curry and monta thing lasting for very long...the organization will want to start winning and realize they have to trade one of them to get a bigger guard.

they will have to move one of them. Ellis should be the one to go if they are making a wise basketball decision. Curry has the potential to be a really, really good player

Minimal
11-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Have good teammates to travel to playoffs.

smood999
11-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Monta ellis is great, but not his team. Even if GS was on the east I don't think they make playoffs. Dorell Wright is their Starting SF...come on. Dude played 10min in Miami as 3rd or 4th string...now he starting and play 35+min on GS. That tells you how crappy his team is.

o yeah i completely agree w u...im just sayin he def has no chance out west...and he is very very very underratted..and its not his fault his team doesnt have the pieces around him...not if the warriors were talented and they were losing still then yeah blame ellis but thats not the case...id like to see how bosh would do by himself w that team....even gasol had a couple great yrs in memphis as far as team success but his last couple yrs were horrible...wasnt his fault he just didnt have the pieces around him and he was injured a couple times

LTBaByyy
11-20-2010, 02:01 PM
People are judging him from the past!!!

Have yall seen him play this season>?!? He is a different player

And im not even a warriors fan

Giraffes Rule
11-20-2010, 02:05 PM

Does he play defense now?

Minimal
11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
So u say Dorell Wright sucks? The guy was a beast, spo just didn't give him enough time and show his talent, he played 20 minutes not 10 minutes last season. He is superb talent who had no opporunity to show his talent. I would have rather started Dorell than Q last season.

thedfactor
11-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Become a Maverick so he can also dish to Nowitzki and raise his assist numbers to about 8 per game. He would still average 25 points with 8 assists. That's legit and for a good team.

Golden St isn't gonna help his case.

smith&wesson
11-20-2010, 02:26 PM
he needs to out play derron williams and chris paul and at the same time the warriors have to have a better record then the hornets and jazz and then he will be an all star.
either that or go to the eastern conference and out play rose and rondo.

either way.

KnicksorBust
11-20-2010, 02:46 PM

I agree completely. It's still early but he has a career high in TS%, assist percentage, steal percentage (6th in the NBA), even while slightly lowering his usage and turnover percentages. He's 2nd in PPG, 8th in offensive win shares and the Warriors are 7-5.
What does he need to do to be a superstar? In my opinion, just keep it up.

Why won't he keep it up? Because he's been tearing up the Raptors, Knicks (x2), Pistons, Clippers, etc. and has a lot of games left against top teams and top guards. Oh and they play the guy almost the whole damn game. Vs. the Knicks last night he was absolutely abusing us but he must have missed 6 of his last 7 shots just due to fatigue.

AddiX
11-20-2010, 03:02 PM
I've been saying this for awhile and said it while watching the game last night.

Monta is my favorite player to watch, but he will never be part of a really good team.

He has no concept of team play. He wants to be the next AI. I Don't even think he realizes Curry is on his team. he didn't look at him all game unless he wanted the ball.

heck of a talent, but there is a big difference between being talented and playing winning basketball.

GSwarriors4LIFE
11-20-2010, 03:19 PM
All I hear is he needs to play better D and pass, but if you look at the stats he does both. Top three SG in assist: Joe Johnson 5.1, Kobe 5.0, Monta 4.8 and second in steals, I would take that any day, oh yah give me 26 a game and I see no reason to not show this guy any respect.

tredigs
11-20-2010, 03:25 PM
All I hear is he needs to play better D and pass, but if you look at the stats he does both. Top three SG in assist: Joe Johnson 5.1, Kobe 5.0, Monta 4.8 and second in steals, I would take that any day, oh yah give me 26 a game and I see no reason to not show this guy any respect.

Assists don't mean he plays well within the offense (most of the time, he really doesn't. Although he's better this year than the previous two). And steals DEFINITELY don't equal a solid defensive player dude. He's quick and plays the lane well (sometimes going overboard and getting beat), but he just isn't a great man defender.

Explain to me why his adjusted +/- are consistently neutral or negative, while every other true superstar is clearly positive?

djeller1139
11-20-2010, 04:33 PM
I understand Monta Ellis has had a reputation as being "overrated" (something which I somewhat agreed with and posted heavily about in another thread recently), but when you are going to judge or post about him, you need to be up to date.

This season, although in a small sample size, he's been pretty unreal.

Without getting into advanced stats (although, from looking before and reading, I know he's been playing at a much, much better efficiency), Ellis has been a top player at his position this season, and has been doing things people are claiming he NEEDS to do.

He will never truly be a strong defensive player, but in the league today there are plenty of SG's who get by playing mediocre (or worse defense), and still get credited as being top, top players. Monta, while not a great 'lockdown' defender, does come up with more steals than most players in the league (I believe he's top 5 or so), he's been much better on the ball (less turnovers than he has ever averaged), while doing a good job at distributing as well (4.8 APG).

This isn't to come out and say Monta is the best, or to say all of these viewpoints are wrong. Just that IF you are going to say something about him, make sure it's legitimate and not just something you assume because you heard it in the NBA forum or saw him get beat on ESPN.

AddiX
11-20-2010, 04:57 PM
People forget how talented Marbury was.

he averaged 20 and 10 for the majority of his career. Only a few other players did that there entire career at that time.

He had handle
speed
strength
could take you off the dribble
could spot up
could pass out of the double team
was a great defender when he wanted to be one
had a heck of a post up game
shot the mid range
shot from outside
Was an ace from the free throw line
And was never injured
He did it all

He was considered the most talented PG ever. At the time every PG in the league said he was the best. Why do you think he got that contract? Even when you compare his talents to all the great PGs of today, NONE of them match him. None of them have that total package.

And even though he averaged 10 assist, he never ran an offense or made his team better. He had all the tools but mentally didn't understand what it took to play WINNING BASKETBALL.

A lot of you guys look at stats, and highlights, but I don't think most people here understand that those things don't amount to playing winning basketball. And that's where Monta Ellis is.

GSwarriors4LIFE
11-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Assists don't mean he plays well within the offense (most of the time, he really doesn't. Although he's better this year than the previous two). And steals DEFINITELY don't equal a solid defensive player dude. He's quick and plays the lane well (sometimes going overboard and getting beat), but he just isn't a great man defender.

Explain to me why his adjusted +/- are consistently neutral or negative, while every other true superstar is clearly positive?

Have you ever played ball?? The last thing I think about (Im pretty sure alot of players don't care either)on the court is +/-. It's all about the flow of the game and sometimes his shot selection can be questionable but a lot of his "bad" shots this year come from fatigue. From a warriors fan that saw this guy from year one he is making tremendous strides in his game and will only get better. He is only 25 so he has at least another 10 years of growing and becoming a better all around player.

IndiansFan337
11-20-2010, 05:17 PM

Win games. He has been on a losing team ever since he became a starter.

asandhu23
11-20-2010, 05:27 PM
A lot of you guys look at stats, and highlights, but I don't think most people here understand that those things don't amount to playing winning basketball. And that's where Monta Ellis is.

Monta's never had a good team ( except 2007 Warriors which is totally different animal ). have you missed the last two years? two injury prone years and d-league and undrafted players filled teams? He's never had a pure center on his team either. He had a coach who didn't want him to play any defense whatsoever. Of course he is going to look like he never wins games. ONE MAN CAN NOT DO IT ALONE.

put kobe on that team and let's see how that guy does. Kobe's only had one bad team in his whole career and when he did, he whined like a little *****. Take Kobe out and put LeBron in. Let's see how he does.

Law25
11-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Monta's never had a good team ( except 2007 Warriors which is totally different animal ). have you missed the last two years? two injury prone years and d-league and undrafted players filled teams? He's never had a pure center on his team either. He had a coach who didn't want him to play any defense whatsoever. Of course he is going to look like he never wins games. ONE MAN CAN NOT DO IT ALONE.

put kobe on that team and let's see how that guy does. Kobe's only had one bad team in his whole career and when he did, he whined like a little *****. Take Kobe out and put LeBron in. Let's see how he does.

After taking his team repeatly to the playoffs in the West and seeing that players were content with mediocrity, yeah it kind of pissed him off :rolleyes:. As for your put Lebron on that team and see what happen statment if Kobe and Lebron switch right now all Lebron's strenghts would be the reason he fells in the triangle offense and under Phill, but in Miami Kobe would fit perfectly all his strenght would excell his teamates just like it did with the redeem team and ther would be more people saying he cant win without an big man becuase of how great Bosh would be playing.:D

Law25
11-20-2010, 05:57 PM
All Monta Ellis needs is to stay an top 2 scorer in the league at seasons end, and get to the playoff and play great. He dosent have to win just play great just like Durant ( no knock). Also he needs an great nickname like Durantual, Black Mamba, King, Flash, T-mac, CP3, Dwill, Vincesanity, Superman (Dwight Howard) Man of steel ( Shaq has so many i like this one better) etc..... Get the point?

saucy1
11-20-2010, 06:18 PM
all i know is put him on the magic and they win the title,monta is a beast we need to get another center for sure

JDizzle
11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
keep winning and he will be noticed

dtmagnet
11-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Keep doing what he's doing...

eXpLiiCt
11-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Win =]

ShadyTip
11-20-2010, 07:02 PM
espn

xxplayerxx23
11-20-2010, 07:17 PM
IMO he needs to play better D. Im not a warrior fan but i love Monta Ellis. Once David Lee comes back i think they could possibly fight for a 8 seed. I do not think they have a chance but the should be around imo. The coach Loves playing this guy 46 minutes, he will not last if he does this on a regular basis.I saw a guy saying Kobe had a losing team and winned about it,, do not compare kobe with monta ellis,, Kobe knows how to win. Ellis is still young enough to hopefully for him get on a winning team. If he doesnt improve defensivly the media will probally do what they are doing now. I like him but do not consider him a superstar yet. If he keeps his numbers up and his team is at least around.500 He should be an allstar this year

BuddhaMONK
11-20-2010, 07:25 PM

Leave golden state

tredigs
11-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Have you ever played ball?? The last thing I think about (Im pretty sure alot of players don't care either)on the court is +/-. It's all about the flow of the game and sometimes his shot selection can be questionable but a lot of his "bad" shots this year come from fatigue. From a warriors fan that saw this guy from year one he is making tremendous strides in his game and will only get better. He is only 25 so he has at least another 10 years of growing and becoming a better all around player.

Yes, I've played ball. A lot of ball. I've also been watching/going to GS games since long before Monta was in the league. And you're completely missing the point. The +/- isn't for the player to worry about, it's just one of many stats that help to show the subjective fan (that's you) what the reality is of a players impact on the game.

I could (and have) write a long diatribe about what type of offense Monta is best in and what his role should be in that offense, but I have a feeling it's going to fall on deaf ears.

If you actually care to hear it, ask. I'll educate you.

Hiphopopotamus
11-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Leave golden state

This. If Monta was a Knick or Bull or whatever then I think his profile would be a lot higher....of course, this is to be a media superstar. A superstar on the court = leading your team to wins, playoff berths, etc.

BALLER R
11-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Join Miami or wait till your old then join boston

Time2Dieeee
11-21-2010, 12:26 AM
what ever he said ^^^^^^^

BoognishMN
11-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Hope the Ebola virus breaks out at all star weekend

Lloyd Christmas
11-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Keep playing like he has been this year for the next 5 years, make the playoffs those years, and win an NBA championship. Then he will be a Superstar. Until then he is just a good player that will get no love in PSD.

bbcmillionaire
11-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Just keep playing because he's already good

Crackadalic
11-21-2010, 01:33 AM
play better D pass the ball more and he gonna be a stud

SugeKnight
11-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Impossible. For the world to see him as a superstar, he needs ESPN to be on his jock, like Durant or Rose.

Have you noticed that any time there is a Rose highlight, they copy what was said in the Rose-Adidas commercials? Thats because it is an in-program commercial and they get more money to do that.

Monta Ellis would need to have commercials like that for him, but he is not marketable. He has the worst southern accent i've heard and he is covered in tats.

If he does end up getting endorsements by Nike or Adidas, expect him to make several all-star appearances and be on top plays nightly.

Raph12
11-21-2010, 01:42 AM
"pass the ball more efficiently"...

like say, dwight howard...oh wait...

You're right Dwight's not an efficient passer, but wait, what's the Magic's record? Who's the top defensive team in the league? What Dwight's PER?... Don't make silly comparisons dude, you're just embarassing yourself.

asandhu23
11-21-2010, 01:54 AM
You're right Dwight's not an efficient passer, but wait, what's the Magic's record? Who's the top defensive team in the league? What Dwight's PER?... Don't make silly comparisons dude, you're just embarassing yourself.

hmmm... shall we compare Magic's roster and Warriors' roster? :cool:

SugeKnight
11-21-2010, 01:55 AM

I think what he is trying to say is that Dwight isnt great at everything, but he is still a star. Dwight is a great defender/rebounder, but his offense is very limited; Monta is a great scorer, second in the league, but he has a problem with turnovers (his defense, passing and TS% have been pretty good this year).

No player is perfect, but some are considered stars while others are considered overrated. See my post above to see why.

SugeKnight
11-21-2010, 02:00 AM
hmmm... i want to compare Magic's roster and Warriors' roster. :cool:

Hmmm..... youre trippin.

Curry>Nelson
Monta>>Carter
DWright=Pietrus/Reddick(Don't know whos startin :o )
Lee>>Lewis
Biedrins<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Howard

the warriors have a better starting 5 at every position except Center. Dwight Howard is the reason why they are great, not the supporting cast

Raph12
11-21-2010, 03:49 AM
hmmm... shall we compare Magic's roster and Warriors' roster? :cool:

Hmmm..... youre trippin.

Curry>Nelson
Monta>>Carter
Lee>>Lewis

the warriors have a better starting 5 at every position except Center. Dwight Howard is the reason why they are great, not the supporting cast

^This

Trade Dwight for Monta and the Warriors make playoffs and become instant contenders, while the Magic become Cavs 2.0, there is no comparison.

I think what he is trying to say is that Dwight isnt great at everything, but he is still a star. Dwight is a great defender/rebounder, but his offense is very limited; Monta is a great scorer, second in the league, but he has a problem with turnovers (his defense, passing and TS% have been pretty good this year).

No player is perfect, but some are considered stars while others are considered overrated. See my post above to see why.

If you take a look at the per36mins stats, Dwight is at 23.4ppg while Monta is only at 25.1ppg, not that big of a difference. Dwight's offense is not that limited anymore, he can and has been doing it all on that end (hitting hooks, shooting jumpers, bankshots, spinmoves, dropsteps, passing out of doubles etc...). Hell just today he dropped all 14 of the Magic's points in the 4th quarter before Nelson hit a shot with less than 30 seconds to go. The only part of his game that still needs work is his FT shooting, which has improved, but still needs time.

Dwight has anchored the Magic's offense and defense, while Monta is having a good start and scoring efficiently for the first time in his career. In fact, I'd say Curry is closer to becoming a star now, than Monta ever was.

SMH!
11-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Be on a good team.

Completely false.

sfattahian
11-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Without Monta the Warriors would be down by 30+ to the Knicks. Hes the only guy putting points on the board for the Warriors and I feel bad for him.

Lee is out, Curry sucks right now, and they really dont have any other good pieces at all...

Everybody is making good points, but leaving out the turnovers. He turns the ball of over way too much, especially in key situations.

I'd say the most important things are improve ball-handling and distribution (passing). Stop settling for outside shots, get to the line more.

He's a star, but he's not elite yet regardless of his stats. The only thing holding him back is his brain. If he gets wise, he can be a superstar.

And yea, what is up with Curry? No clue what his problem is but he's looking terrible.

Allstar21
11-21-2010, 05:50 AM
have people been watching GS games this year? he is playing great and is already a top 15 player in the league
his turnovers are way down and he is taking so many fewer bad shots than in previous years...yes he still takes bad shots, he also is the person that gets the ball passed to him with the shot clock winding down all the time

I wish they would have someone to give monta some legit rest during a game. He gets so worn down by the fourth quarter its sad to see. They need some help at back up PG/SG. I like reggie williams sometimes but he seems to mostly backup curry while monta will play 40+ minutes every night
If d-lee doesn't die from chandlers dirty mouth and comes back soon the warriors will make the playoffs. I really like 4 of their starting 5 if they are healthy (dorell right is winning me over too)
Their bench is just so weak that they will never win a playoff series....i mean cmon..JEFF ADRIAN!?!? I went to Uconn and watched him play many, many, many games. I am literally shocked that he is in the NBA...and this guy is the warriors best big player off the bench (a little fun fact...i was a delivery boy on campus for a local restaurant and delivered food to Jeff about 30 times over the years....he tipped me 1$ once....ONLY ONCE, out of the 30 times i delivered to him....everyone else on campus tipped...but not this loser)

ANYWAYZZZZ monta is boss. people still criticize him for how he played last year without watching and evaluating how he is playing this year. Warriors will make the playoffs this year and Monta's improvements in every area other than scoring will be the reason why (along with david lee :P)

bklynny67
11-21-2010, 06:17 AM
score 25 ppg without having to take 20 shots per game

dayreezy
11-21-2010, 06:19 AM
so to be a "superstar" u need to win games??? to go to the playoffs??? win a series??? be an allstar?? COME ON PPL... how many losing seasons did KG spend in Minnesota before he was deemed a superstar... amar'e is on a POS team now... isnt he a superstar... his 100 mil contact says he is... wasnt pierce on a crappy celtics team for multi years yet still was considered a star before he won his first trophy.... danny granger.. andre igudala.... these guys arent superstars but you know damn well youd love to have them on your team... someone brought up a good point about cp3 on a losing team last year yet hes a shinning bright superstar..... so how many years do you have to have a winning record??? oh wait didnt monta already make the playoffs AND win a 1st round series against 1st seed dallas??? the year after that didnt the team have a better record to be a 4th or 5th seed in the east but fell a game short to make it in the stacked west?? so thats 2 winning seasons.. hmmmm...

he doesnt pass??? hes a scorer... does durant, kobe, melo lead the league in asst... NO... but they all led the league in SCORING at one time... and theyre stars... in fact he has a higher asst average then those 3 guys.... hes making his shots... without his ppg the warriors wouldnt have a 7-5 record which is the same record as the heat at 8-5 and they have 3 superstars on that team... (den, port, dal, chi, and atl).. all with at least 1 superstar and around the same record... so monta isnt yet?????

he hasnt made an allstar team?? ok so only superstars make the allstar game... like david west... chris kaman...(dude was on the clippers and made it) al horford... devin harris (who IMO plays like monta).. caron butler.. the list goes on... these guys are superstars???? david lee made it last year and the knicks werent even a +.500 team.... so its obvious you dont have to be a superstar to play in a allstar game..

doesnt play defense??? ok.. maybe in the past.. but thats the whole team under a b.s system which is now gone.... hes 3rd in the league RIGHT NOW in steals... hes quick, he moves his feet and hes a pest... the set back is hes 6'3 playing at the 2 spot... and dont say hes a pg cuz we all know hes just an undersized 2.... much like iverson was when he was playing with eric snow... cant fault him there

he takes to many shots??? hahahaha really... how else do you score... in fact hes actually scoring at a higher rate this year then last while taking fewer shots.... no one would fault kobe or lebron or melo for not taking a lot of shots.... so plz try again

hes on a bad team?? like above i mentioned the record of the warriors compared to the other great ranked teams.... and hes a big reason for that...ppl are quick to mention the past but forget when the season starts the past doesnt matter... its a new year.. the hornets are like 10-1 right now... wasnt the case last season... but it doesnt matter... he was out basically a whole season cuz of the injury followed by a season held hostage by nelson..... yet still he was acknowledged by david stern on making the allstar team (well getting snubbed)... the team is on the winning side of the record so far... so bad team??? nope... oh and KD in okc.. team was nothing in seattle then okc until their break out 8th seed season 7 games against the lakers.. yet KD was on commercials (i liked the one where he changes his jerseys while walking).. thats kinda superstar-ish aint it....

bottom line topics like this are tough cuz youll get biased opinions from ppl who prob never seen a warrior game and judge the past records so they talk ****...or homers who just hate cuz their team is the best and their players are soooo great (example 1 guy said amir johnson and sunny weems will lead the raptors to the playoffs).... look i love this team... but i love this sport and i feel strongly that if your playing your *** off and your leading your team then you deserve to be recognized as a top 10-15 player in this game this season and moving forward... that goes for anyone in any sport...

AddiX
11-21-2010, 06:24 AM
so to be a "superstar" u need to win games??? to go to the playoffs??? win a series??? be an allstar?? COME ON PPL... how many losing seasons did KG spend in Minnesota before he was deemed a superstar... amar'e is on a POS team now... isnt he a superstar... his 100 mil contact says he is... wasnt pierce on a crappy celtics team for multi years yet still was considered a star before he won his first trophy.... danny granger.. andre igudala.... these guys arent superstars but you know damn well youd love to have them on your team... someone brought up a good point about cp3 on a losing team last year yet hes a shinning bright superstar..... so how many years do you have to have a winning record??? oh wait didnt monta already make the playoffs AND win a 1st round series against 1st seed dallas??? the year after that didnt the team have a better record to be a 4th or 5th seed in the east but fell a game short to make it in the stacked west?? so thats 2 winning seasons.. hmmmm...

he doesnt pass??? hes a scorer... does durant, kobe, melo lead the league in asst... NO... but they all led the league in SCORING at one time... and theyre stars... in fact he has a higher asst average then those 3 guys.... hes making his shots... without his ppg the warriors wouldnt have a 7-5 record which is the same record as the heat at 8-5 and they have 3 superstars on that team... (den, port, dal, chi, and atl).. all with at least 1 superstar and around the same record... so monta isnt yet?????

he hasnt made an allstar team?? ok so only superstars make the allstar game... like david west... chris kaman...(dude was on the clippers and made it) al horford... devin harris (who IMO plays like monta).. caron butler.. the list goes on... these guys are superstars???? david lee made it last year and the knicks werent even a +.500 team.... so its obvious you dont have to be a superstar to play in a allstar game..

doesnt play defense??? ok.. maybe in the past.. but thats the whole team under a b.s system which is now gone.... hes 3rd in the league RIGHT NOW in steals... hes quick, he moves his feet and hes a pest... the set back is hes 6'3 playing at the 2 spot... and dont say hes a pg cuz we all know hes just an undersized 2.... much like iverson was when he was playing with eric snow... cant fault him there

hes on a bad team?? like above i mentioned the record of the warriors compared to the other great ranked teams.... and hes a big reason for that...ppl are quick to mention the past but forget when the season starts the past doesnt matter... its a new year.. the hornets are like 10-1 right now... wasnt the case last season... but it doesnt matter... he was out basically a whole season cuz of the injury followed by a season held hostage by nelson..... yet still he was acknowledged by david stern on making the allstar team (well getting snubbed)... the team is on the winning side of the record so far... so bad team??? nope... oh and KD in okc.. team was nothing in seattle then okc until their break out 8th seed season 7 games against the lakers.. yet KD was on commercials (i liked the one where he changes his jerseys while walking).. thats kinda superstar-ish aint it....

bottom line topics like this are tough cuz youll get biased opinions from ppl who prob never seen a warrior game and judge the past records so they talk ****...or homers who just hate cuz their team is the best and their players are soooo great (example 1 guy said amir johnson and sunny weems will lead the raptors to the playoffs).... look i love this team... but i love this sport and i feel strongly that if your playing your *** off and your leading your team then you deserve to be recognized as a top 10-15 player in this game this season and moving forward... that goes for anyone in any sport...

A lot of players in the league are talented, but playing winning basketball is a whole different story. See my post about Marbury if this still doesn't make sense.

I love watching monta, but the guy will never be on a real good team.

dayreezy
11-21-2010, 06:31 AM
A lot of players in the league are talented, but playing winning basketball is a whole different story. See my post about Marbury if this still doesn't make sense.

I love watching monta, but the guy will never be on a real good team.

so you r saying that the warriors will NEVER be a "good team"??? or r u thinking that monta will skip out and go to the wolves or clips.. maybe nets or pistons.... again based on opinion and not fact... i do wish to win the lotto also so if u can see the future on those #s then please let me know.. ill split it with you :eyebrow:

caddiemaster
11-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Get traded!

DetroitRipCity
11-21-2010, 07:53 AM

With ESPN around you wont hear about players like Monta they are to busy trying to figure out what kind of underwear Lebron is wearing :facepalm:

and this

jackdawson
11-21-2010, 08:02 AM

:clap::clap:

END of the debate. This thread doesn't need any other ans.

sventhedog
11-21-2010, 10:33 AM
ask lebron. he does the dumbest things imaginable, and people seem to like it. i don't have any idea why. lebron fans, care to explain?

xxplayerxx23
11-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Hmmm..... youre trippin.

Curry>Nelson
Monta>>Carter
Lee>>Lewis

Yah because dwight howard is the only reason they are a contender. No wrong. You have guys that can hit the three when he gets double teamed. He isnt a star at the offensive end because he still doesnt have moves. He has a soild supporting cast. and to the guy that said trade ellis for howard and the warriors would be contenders beyond wrong. If they lose ellis for howard they lose offense and gain defense, unfortunally howard would be the only one playing defense and he is more of a half court guy

xxplayerxx23
11-21-2010, 10:48 AM

Oh your right. I guess kobe lebron wade dirk cp3 williams arent superstars DURANTT!

Niro
11-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Yah because dwight howard is the only reason they are a contender. No wrong. You have guys that can hit the three when he gets double teamed. He isnt a star at the offensive end because he still doesnt have moves. He has a soild supporting cast. and to the guy that said trade ellis for howard and the warriors would be contenders beyond wrong. If they lose ellis for howard they lose offense and gain defense, unfortunally howard would be the only one playing defense and he is more of a half court guy

if you trade ellis for howard straight up warriors would be a contender hands down!

williams would be starting so the bench would be really weak but a lineup of

curry
williams
wright
lee
howard

would battle for the top 2-3 spot in the west imo..

with that being said a trade like that will never ever happen

Raph12
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Yah because 1. dwight howard is the only reason they are a contender. No wrong. You have guys that can hit the three when he gets double teamed. 2. He isnt a star at the offensive end because he still doesnt have moves. He has a soild supporting cast. and to the guy that said 3. trade ellis for howard and the warriors would be contenders beyond wrong. If they lose ellis for howard they lose offense and gain defense, unfortunally howard would be the only one playing defense and he is more of a half court guy

1. Dwight is the only reason the Magic are contenders, put him on any team with solid shooters and they become instant contenders. If he left, the Magic would be just like the Cavs, a bunch of shooters who choke when it counts...

2. He is a star on the offensive end and commands doubles or he easily drops 25+. Dwight is avging 23.5pts per36mins, compared to Monta's 25.1pts per36mins, not a big difference there. Plus Monta has Curry to defer to, who is in fact better than anyone on the Magic roster besides Dwight. Why don't you go watch Dwight play a few games that way you'll see how varied his game actually is. Read this article for starters: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-magic-dwight-howard-1118-20101117,0,2091346.story

3. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!! Dwight would make the Warriors a force, he would turn them into a defensive team single-handedly like he did the Magic. They would gain low-post offense, Curry and Lee would compliment him perfectly and he woud change their style of play. They could play the half-court, but they could also push because he loves to run the floor on both ends and get blocks/dunks.

In conclusion, Dwight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Monta

SugeKnight
11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
1. Dwight is the only reason the Magic are contenders, put him on any team with solid shooters and they become instant contenders. If he left, the Magic would be just like the Cavs, a bunch of shooters who choke when it counts...

2. He is a star on the offensive end and commands doubles or he easily drops 25+. Dwight is avging 23.5pts per36mins, compared to Monta's 25.1pts per36mins, not a big difference there. Plus Monta has Curry to defer to, who is in fact better than anyone on the Magic roster besides Dwight. Why don't you go watch Dwight play a few games that way you'll see how varied his game actually is. Read this article for starters: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-magic-dwight-howard-1118-20101117,0,2091346.story

3. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!! Dwight would make the Warriors a force, he would turn them into a defensive team single-handedly like he did the Magic. They would gain low-post offense, Curry and Lee would compliment him perfectly and he woud change their style of play. They could play the half-court, but they could also push because he loves to run the floor on both ends and get blocks/dunks.

In conclusion, Dwight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Monta

Huge Warrior fan and I completely agree. Shooting guards are easy to come by, especially undersized ones. Dwight can dominate the boards by himself and can be the focal point of any offense.

Monta is still very good though. I would say he is the fourth best SG behind Kobe, Wade and Roy.

Crab Dribble!
11-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Huge Warrior fan and I completely agree. Shooting guards are easy to come by, especially undersized ones. Dwight can dominate the boards by himself and can be the focal point of any offense.

Monta is still very good though. I would say he is the fourth best SG behind Kobe, Wade and Roy.

3rd best, at this point. I don't think Roy's likely to get back to pre-injury form, from what I've read about his knees. To go off on a tangent, why is there such a shortage of competent big men in the league these days?

sidv86
11-21-2010, 06:22 PM
win.

Public Enemy #1
11-21-2010, 06:41 PM
He will be recognized when the Warriors win and make it to the playoffs. At least thats what I believe will get him some recognition.

CowboysKB24
11-21-2010, 07:12 PM

It is simple IMO. He needs to win. People know he is a great scorer, but he gets no credit because he is on a losing team. Putting up more assists and rebounds would help him too.

nbafan63
11-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Golden State looks like the Dleague vs the Lakers tonight. Stats on paper do not = player on the court (if you know what i mean).

Curry young and talents, puts up awesome numbers, but Fish is more valuable on the court to a championship team.

Monta Ellis puts up better numbers than kobe this year, but Kobe is the better player.

Dorell Wright puts up better numbers than Artest, but on the court, I think even Matt Barnes is a much better basketball player.

David Lee puts up better numbers, but I'll take Odom over Lee on a bball team anyday anytime.

Biedrins does not put up better numbers than Gasol, nuff said.

To be honest, lets look at the Lakers 2nd unit...I think even they could beat the GS wariiors with just 2 starting big man.

I'd bet money lakers would beat the Wariiors with this line up:

Blake PG
Brown SG
Barnes SF
Odom PF
Gasol C

vs.

Curry
Monta
Wright
Lee
Biedrins

asandhu23
11-22-2010, 02:27 AM
Golden State looks like the Dleague vs the Lakers tonight. Stats on paper do not = player on the court (if you know what i mean).

Curry young and talents, puts up awesome numbers, but Fish is more valuable on the court to a championship team.

Monta Ellis puts up better numbers than kobe this year, but Kobe is the better player.

Dorell Wright puts up better numbers than Artest, but on the court, I think even Matt Barnes is a much better basketball player.

David Lee puts up better numbers, but I'll take Odom over Lee on a bball team anyday anytime.

To be honest, lets look at the Lakers 2nd unit...I think even they could beat the GS wariiors with just 2 starting big man.

Blake PG
Brown SG
Barnes SF
Odom PF
Gasol C

vs.

Curry
Monta
Wright
Lee
Biedrins

Lakers roster is loaded. How the **** do they have a team that good with cap space? this is BS

DerekRE_3
11-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Lakers roster is loaded. How the **** do they have a team that good with cap space? this is BS

They don't have cap space, far from it. They are just paying a shitload of luxury taxes and they can afford it. You can go over the cap to retain players and then they just use the MLE and bi-annual exception to get the rest of their ring chas...I mean players.

SugeKnight
11-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Blake PG
Brown SG
Barnes SF
Odom PF
Gasol C

vs.

Curry
Monta
Wright
Lee
Biedrins

Really?

robbnen#31
11-22-2010, 10:45 PM

It's a hangover from the Cohan Regime. As you know, the bench has been a big problem for the Warriors so far. Let's pretend the sale happened prior to the draft/off-season signings. Cohan was interested in making money, not putting out a winning product.

Warriors likely keep CJ and Morrow and go over the tax. I didn't read any reports that Lacob had to sign off on the minor stuff. They consulted him about the Lee deal and approved, the only request he made besides that was the signing of Jeremy Lin. Not to mention, this is just purely speculation but I see the Warriors drafting Aldrich or Henry instead of Udoh if Lacob was already running the show. Seems like outside of the Top 5 he would have drafted for need opposed to BPA.

Not saying this makes the Warriors a great team, but this looks a lot better:

Curry/Watson
Ellis/Williams/Henry*
Wright/Morrow
Lee/Amundson/Wright
Biedrins/Amundson/Aldrich*

Much deeper bench, all with the same expiring contracts we have coming off the books. Except those expiring contracts don't see the minutes they currently are receiving. Lin would be in the D-League where he can focus on the fundamentals.

Teams with competent owners have a better chance at producing contenders like the Lakers.

Allstar21
11-23-2010, 01:44 AM
only watched the first few minutes of the game tonight....wats up with monta's shooting numbers?

he looks like he is having a bad game tonight

believeinNYK
11-23-2010, 01:54 AM
He needs to lead warriors to a winning record/playoffs while not being known as only a scorer with a losing mentality

Rentzias
11-23-2010, 06:55 PM
"Superstar" brings a lot of connotations to the table. Karl Malone put up beast, HOF numbers, but wasn't necessarily considered a "superstar." There are a lot of intangibles involved, like others here have noted, such as marketability, and ESPN being on your jock. You don't have to be a dominant winner, but you have to be somewhat successful, but you also have to have that "X-factor" type thing to you. Ellis is not doing T-Mobile Fave 5s with Barkley, Call of Duty commercials, or have a brand name attributed to him.

rufo4100
11-23-2010, 09:50 PM
To grow 6 inches.

JordansBulls
11-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Be more consistent