PDA

View Full Version : NBA Exec: "The chances that Chauncey is traded could be better than Melo"

DenButsu
11-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Billups on the block?

The Nuggets may consider moving Chauncey Billups.

According to a person with knowledge of the situation here in Denver, at least four teams have inquired about Billups, whose numbers are down so far this season (he's shooting just 35 percent from the field), and several front office executives believe with Ty Lawson (another talented guard the Knicks passed on to take Jordan Hill) pushing for more playing time and a major piece of the inevitable rebuild that will come when Carmelo leaves the Mile High City, the Nuggets might be more open to trading the popular Billups than you would think. ... "The chances that Chauncey is traded could be better than Melo," one NBA executive said.

Newsday
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/248912-billups-on-the-block?eref=sihp

FWIW, the link is to fannation, but Alan Hahn at Newsday is the original source.

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2010, 12:57 AM
not surprising. problem is most of the good teams have quality PG's though.

xabial
11-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Billups on the block?

The Nuggets may consider moving Chauncey Billups.

According to a person with knowledge of the situation here in Denver, at least four teams have inquired about Billups, whose numbers are down so far this season (he's shooting just 35 percent from the field), and several front office executives believe with Ty Lawson (another talented guard the Knicks passed on to take Jordan Hill) pushing for more playing time and a major piece of the inevitable rebuild that will come when Carmelo leaves the Mile High City, the Nuggets might be more open to trading the popular Billups than you would think. ... "The chances that Chauncey is traded could be better than Melo," one NBA executive said.

Unecessary and Irelevent

Raph12
11-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Nelson-VC-Bass for Billups-Melo... This provides cap relief (VC is expiring 18m) and also young talent for rebuilding (Nelson-Bass).

Zefflin
11-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Wtf?? Why trade Chaunce?? Him and Melo need to stay together IMO.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Billups should get traded back to detroit

JB0B0
11-20-2010, 01:34 AM
the knicks should get him

GunFactor187
11-20-2010, 01:37 AM
We'll be glad to take him back :D

SouljahPhil...
11-20-2010, 01:52 AM
I'd lie billups to end up in orlando...

DerekRE_3
11-20-2010, 01:56 AM
I'd LOVE...LOVE to see the Kings trade for Chauncey. Not only would he compliment Tyreke perfectly, he'd be a great mentor to him.

Slimsim
11-20-2010, 02:10 AM
the knicks should get him

he's to old to keep up with the younger pgs

StrandedCub
11-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Nelson-VC-Bass for Billups-Melo... This provides cap relief (VC is expiring 18m) and also young talent for rebuilding (Nelson-Bass).

Nuggets aren't really looking for a PG. They believe Lawson is the PG of the future for them. Also, while Brandon Bass is still only 25.. He isn't quite the talent that Denver is looking for when they deal Melo. If they won't take Favors, then there is no chance they take Bass. This deal would have to also include numerous 1st round picks as well I would assume.

StrandedCub
11-20-2010, 02:17 AM

Though, looking back, without a guaranteed extension from Melo this deal doesn't look that bad. Although I still believe they would need to add a pick or 2 to get it done.

DenButsu
11-20-2010, 02:20 AM
I'd LOVE...LOVE to see the Kings trade for Chauncey. Not only would he compliment Tyreke perfectly, he'd be a great mentor to him.

What would you be willing to give up for him?

DerekRE_3
11-20-2010, 02:24 AM
What would you be willing to give up for him?

Well we need to trade Jason Thompson. Then we need to decide whether to keep Omri Casspi or Donte Greene. Besides that, the Kings have about $14 million in cap space.

Raph12
11-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Nuggets aren't really looking for a PG. They believe Lawson is the PG of the future for them. Also, while Brandon Bass is still only 25.. He isn't quite the talent that Denver is looking for when they deal Melo. If they won't take Favors, then there is no chance they take Bass. This deal would have to also include numerous 1st round picks as well I would assume.

Though, looking back, without a guaranteed extension from Melo this deal doesn't look that bad. Although I still believe they would need to add a pick or 2 to get it done.

Answered your own question there didn't you.

For a rental, that's more than enough, I doubt Denver turns that down without a guarantee from Melo. And I'm sure Orlando could throw in a pick or two, it wouldn't really be worth much anyways.

JB0B0
11-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Answered your own question there didn't you.

For a rental, that's more than enough, I doubt Denver turns that down without a guarantee from Melo. And I'm sure Orlando could throw in a pick or two, it wouldn't really be worth much anyways.

Doubt Denver takes on Bass's contract.

cambovenzi
11-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Oh it "could" be better than the odds melo gets traded?
that tells us absolutely nothing.

In other news it could be cloudy tomorrow, and it may or may not be more likely to rain.

Raph12
11-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Doubt Denver takes on Bass's contract.

Bass has 3yrs at 4m/yr left on his contract (and that includes this season), plus he has a player option which he'll likely exercise in 2012... Why wouldn't Denver want that? A young guy with promise for cheaps and leaving in 2yrs if he doesn't meet his potential.

DenButsu
11-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Oh it "could" be better than the odds melo gets traded?
that tells us absolutely nothing.

In other news it could be cloudy tomorrow, and it may or may not be more likely to rain.

Yeah, dude, the news that Billups may be on the block tells us nothing at all (except, obviously, that Billups might be on the block). By your "logic", all NBA news and rumors of players possibly being on the Bock is totally worthless and we shouldn't talk about it, is what you're trying to say, I guess?

What's with the 'tude? If you don't think it's interesting, don't post. If you've got nothing to add to the discussion, don't post. It's not that complicated.

falas108
11-20-2010, 07:22 AM
welcome to: *****************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Denver has to either ship out Chancey before Melo or at the same time as Melo. Because once melo is gone, Billups trade value goes down. Every team will know Denver is rebuilding and will low ball for Billups and Denver will have no choice but to give Billups up for a bag of chips. So I'm sure you will either see them both traded off at the same time, or Billups first and then shortly thereafter Melo will be traded.

Raoul Duke
11-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Detroit will take him back! Hows about C-Vil and another really bad player for Chauncey?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-20-2010, 10:42 AM

rape

derfdstgrey
11-20-2010, 11:26 AM
welcome come to our b2cshop website:( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

everybody!sorry bother your time a min,we are serious and professional jersey supplier,we can offer NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA jerser,the NFL jersey 18usd each,the NHL jersey 38USD each.MLB jersey 18usd each,NAB jersey 18usd each.we have many jerseys of other players, so please contact us for more information if you are interested in .

1) More pictures available on our website ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

2) Many colors available .
3) Perfect quality, small order accepted .
4) 100% safe door to door delivery, within 5 - 7 days air express for small orders .

5) We have lots of jerseys in stock

6) Letters and number are sewn on b2cshop body, 100% embroidery

7) Size: .48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60

8) Delivery by UPS, DHL, EMS door to door

9) Delivery in 5 - 7 days

NFL,NBA,MLB all are 18usd!!!!

The jerseys in stock may be updated everyday !
come on,join us!

( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

king4day
11-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Any hope of keeping melo would be killed if they deal Billups first.
But Denver should be able to get really nice pieces from both a melo and billups trade to rebuild rather quickly.

Raph12
11-20-2010, 03:08 PM
rape

Considering that Melo won't resign immediately, it's a bigger risk for us....

commonsense12
11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
rape

x2 and not even close.

Denver can get way more for Chauncey and Melo

commonsense12
11-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Considering that Melo won't resign immediately, it's a bigger risk for us....

no its not.

Denver would be destroyed for yrs to come and with Lawson would not need Nelson and Bass has been in the league for 6 yrs now and really hasnt progressed that much.

At least send some lube over in the trade for Denver damn

eugene
11-20-2010, 04:32 PM
to chicago for deng ;)

kingkenny01
11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
why get chauncey when you can get nash

IndiansFan337
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
If Melo is going to depart by trade or via F/A, they should trade Billups.

MiamiWadeCounty
11-20-2010, 05:36 PM
he would be a good experienced PG for the miami heat. the problem is miami traded their 1st rd picks already so they hvae nothing the nuggets probably want.

Raph12
11-20-2010, 06:06 PM
no its not.

Denver would be destroyed for yrs to come and with Lawson would not need Nelson and Bass has been in the league for 6 yrs now and really hasnt progressed that much.

At least send some lube over in the trade for Denver damn

Who's to say Melo resigns with us, we could just be sending Nelson and Bass your way for Chauncey's washed up ***... If someone is willing to give more without a guarantee from Melo, be my guest, because I don't think he'll resign anywhere not named NY.