PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Teams willing to take on Melo without an extension

JordansBulls
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-101119-21/carmelo-anthony-latest

1. The myth

You've heard it a zillion times already this season: No team out there is going to be willing to trade for Melo unless he also commits to a contract extension as part of the transaction.

Consider this your invitation to forget what you've heard.

The theory implies that Anthony will ultimately be able to force his way to the Knicks before the Feb. 24 trading deadline -- if that's indeed where he wants to be, as is widely presumed -- because the other 28 teams wouldn't dare consent to merely renting Melo for the rest of the 2010-11 campaign this close to his free-agent summer, thereby leaving Denver with no choice but to work with New York.

Yet that's just not so.

"Ridiculous," said one Western Conference general manager.

A handful of team executives consulted this week by ESPN.com believe there are more than a few teams in circulation that would be willing to trade for Melo without getting his name on an extension, even though the risk of losing Anthony without compensation in July is precisely why countless league observers believe the Nuggets will eventually have to give in and give him up.

How is that possible? As another GM explains, there are always teams willing to bet that a star like Anthony will like their situation if they can just get him to town.

I know of two such risk-taking teams in Texas alone -- Dallas and Houston -- that would take on Anthony sans extension if their assets proved sufficiently attractive to construct a three-team (or more) deal palatable to Denver. Orlando is also presumed to be another such risk-taker, given the obvious lure of pairing Anthony with Dwight Howard. And Charlotte, with Melo's buddy Michael Jordan in charge, has been suggested as another willing Melo dice-roller by various front-office sources.

The Nuggets, if and when they reach that point, would obviously prefer to trade with a team Melo wants to join long term because they'd get more in return. Assets of the highest quality will be harder to score in a deal that isn't an extend-and-trade, as the GMs call it.

The fact, however, remains that the extension is not everything as I once believed, too.

ManRam
11-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd be happy if the Magic traded for Melo, even if he didn't sign an extension. :shrug:

5ass
11-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I'd be happy if the Magic traded for Melo, even if he didn't sign an extension. :shrug:

me too, as long as we dont have to give up too much

jkcronyn
11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
god that'd be nice to watch miami fans flip out over that

Slimsim
11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
this is getting good

jkcronyn
11-19-2010, 06:09 PM
but if the magic have melo i think they need to grab ty lawson too and drop jamir nelson that kid is sooo average they need potential or someone good now, nash?

John Walls Era
11-19-2010, 06:10 PM
this is getting good

For the nuggets. More offers now.

macc
11-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Come to Orlando Melo, we will all welcome you with open arms.

ManRam
11-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Nelson is better than Lawson, especially in the Magic system. We don't need Nash either. We need a go-to wing scorer. Move Carter, Gortat and something else for Melo...if they bite (I don't think they would, honestly).

Our offense does not require a pass-first PG. That's not how it's run. Would it help? Yes, especially if he could shoot as well as Nelson, but PG is not our priority.

Slimsim
11-19-2010, 06:28 PM
For the nuggets. More offers now.

I think he ends up in Chicago though

iggypop123
11-19-2010, 06:30 PM
of course dallas would take him. cause they would give up butler's trash

DoMeFavors
11-19-2010, 06:33 PM
If not the Nets I hope he ends up in Dallas

Ty Fast
11-19-2010, 06:44 PM

i think he would sign. they could give up carter and jameer nelson. think of the magic and heat games then. it would be the best rivalry in the nba for years to come

WeBallin
11-19-2010, 06:51 PM
i think he would sign. they could give up carter and jameer nelson. think of the magic and heat games then. it would be the best rivalry in the nba for years to come

Just how would that be the best rival???? There all buddies.....lol:facepalm:

TheHoopsProphet
11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Doesnt this thread belong in the Melo trade rumors thread? This doesnt deserve its own thread, its just more speculation. I am so sick of the speculation, by the time the player gets traded no one cares and are just happy it ended

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Jameer
JR Smith
Melo
Rashard
Dwight

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Melo with Howard would be scary

ballbrains
11-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Give up Carter and Gortat and Nelson for Melo and Billups

ballbrains
11-19-2010, 07:45 PM
id think Denver would hold on 2 Lawson 4 the future

commonsense12
11-19-2010, 07:51 PM
This article is all crap. "a few execs believe that other teams". They believe other teams but not their own...yeah right.

Houston is doing horrible they would not trade for Melo if they are out of the race.

Who is Dallas or Orlando going to give up that Denver would build around? Chicago, NY and NJ could all give up better packages.

If other teams do get involved they are not going to give up anything near what they could get from CHC, NJ or NY.

Sorry if he goes to another team thats not those 3, their going to get robbed.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
11-19-2010, 08:01 PM
sheesh

ive always loved Melo's game...

because he was out West and posed little threat to the C's. the East is gettin real serious...

Raps18-19 Champ
11-19-2010, 08:03 PM
He's probably going to NY but I would love if Raptors used their TPE and a couple of other pieces for him. Then do a S&T to the Knicks for Gallo and Chandler/Randolph.

ManRam
11-19-2010, 08:06 PM
This article is all crap. "a few execs believe that other teams". They believe other teams but not their own...yeah right.

Houston is doing horrible they would not trade for Melo if they are out of the race.

Who is Dallas or Orlando going to give up that Denver would build around? Chicago, NY and NJ could all give up better packages.

If other teams do get involved they are not going to give up anything near what they could get from CHC, NJ or NY.

Sorry if he goes to another team thats not those 3, their going to get robbed.

I agree that Orlando can't make the best offer most likely, but they do have assets. Carter's expiring is going to be very valuable. Bass, Anderson, Gortat and Nelson are all signed to reasonable contracts and are very good players. Pietrus, Richardson, Redick, Duhon, Williams etc. are all movable too. We have great depth, and that's an asset.

Probably not going to get you more than the Bulls (maybe) and Knicks can offer...especially the Knicks and their youth...but we have 3-4 capable starters we can move.

llemon
11-19-2010, 08:21 PM
He's probably going to NY but I would love if Raptors used their TPE and a couple of other pieces for him. Then do a S&T to the Knicks for Gallo and Chandler/Randolph.

Can't combine the TPE and players in a trade, although TPE and draft picks might do it, as it would save Nuggets over $25 mil this season.

But not sure the Raptors TPE is big enough to get it done.

Lloyd Christmas
11-19-2010, 08:22 PM
I agree that Orlando can't make the best offer most likely, but they do have assets. Carter's expiring is going to be very valuable. Bass, Anderson, Gortat and Nelson are all signed to reasonable contracts and are very good players. Pietrus, Richardson, Redick, Duhon, Williams etc. are all movable too. We have great depth, and that's an asset.

Probably not going to get you more than the Bulls (maybe) and Knicks can offer...especially the Knicks and their youth...but we have 3-4 capable starters we can move.

I thought I was the only Lloyd on PSD. Sig bet I'm guessin?

Klivlend
11-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Doesnt this thread belong in the Melo trade rumors thread? This doesnt deserve its own thread, its just more speculation. I am so sick of the speculation, by the time the player gets traded no one cares and are just happy it ended

Dude, I just understood everything you typed perfectly clearly. What happened? Did you sober-up or something?

Blazers#1Fan
11-19-2010, 08:49 PM
magic need to get melo and Iguodala

Lewis,carter,duhon 1st round draft pick for melo,jr smith
Nelson,pietrus,redick,richardson, 2nd round pick for iguodala holiday then sign alston to a MLE

Howard
Gortat
Melo/iguodala
Igudola/smith
holiday,Alston

Kobes a Killer
11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Blazers#1Fan
PSD's Kevin Pritchard Join Date: Jul 2010

magic need to get melo and Iguodala

Lewis,carter,duhon 1st round draft pick for melo,jr smith
Nelson,pietrus,redick,richardson, 2nd round pick for iguodala holiday then sign alston to a MLE

Howard
Gortat
Melo/iguodala
Igudola/smith
holiday,Alston

...your nuts this will never happen

Chateamsfan
11-19-2010, 08:57 PM
As a Charlotte fan let me say... Melo ain't coming to Charlotte.

king4day
11-19-2010, 09:05 PM

If Orlando got him, he'd stay. When you play with Howard and realize how good that team would be, there's no way you can pass. NY and NJ might have more assets to trade with but if he wants a ring, then that's the place to go.

Supreme LA
11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Melo & Dwight > Lebron, Wade, & Bosh. Nuff said, now make it happen.

dtmagnet
11-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Melo & Dwight > Lebron, Wade, & Bosh.

No I don't think so, but it would definitely make the Magic the favorites since the rest of their team is better than the rest of the Heat.

JamaicanYouth
11-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Nelson is better than Lawson, especially in the Magic system. We don't need Nash either. We need a go-to wing scorer. Move Carter, Gortat and something else for Melo...if they bite (I don't think they would, honestly).

Our offense does not require a pass-first PG. That's not how it's run. Would it help? Yes, especially if he could shoot as well as Nelson, but PG is not our priority.

Are u crazy nash would fit great, much better than jameer honestly with him running point that orlando team will never win a championship.Nash shoots better from the field,three point line , freethrows, and passes way better than nelson. Imagine how scary a nash and dwight pick and roll would be.

ManRam
11-19-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm not saying we'd be worse with Nash; we'd obviously be better. We just need a go-to scorer first and foremost. PG is NOT our biggest problem right now.

Blazers#1Fan
11-19-2010, 09:17 PM
...your nuts this will never happen

DUH! your nuts to think im serious about that

JLynn943
11-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Well, considering he won't sign an extension anywhere other than New York, that's good. I don't know why anybody is even entertaining the idea he'll sign an extension anywhere. He clearly doesn't care about winning, just the fame and money he can bring in in endorsements playing in NYC...

drobe86
11-20-2010, 12:53 AM
The mavs can get this done..

Mavs get: Melo
Nuggets get: Caron Butler (expiring)
Deshawn Stevenson (expiring)
Roddy Beaubois (future)

Great deal all around for both sides..... o lets do it....

Raph12
11-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Nelson-VC-Bass for Billups-Melo...

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-20-2010, 01:13 AM

That would work, but who would ya give up tho

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Are u crazy nash would fit great, much better than jameer honestly with him running point that orlando team will never win a championship.Nash shoots better from the field,three point line , freethrows, and passes way better than nelson. Imagine how scary a nash and dwight pick and roll would be.

That would be scary tho

JordansBulls
11-20-2010, 02:03 AM

Roddy Beaubois (future)

I'm sure the Mavs do this, they are on their last legs as well.

StrandedCub
11-20-2010, 02:22 AM

Roddy Beaubois (future)

I think if/when the Nuggets trade Billups, they will be looking for a SF, PF, or C for the future. They believe they are pretty set and the 1 and 2 positions. They like Lawson a lot and they love Afflalo and seem to be coming on to Gary Forbes.

NetsPaint
11-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Melo wants to join the Bucks for 3.5 million a year this offseason. He made enough money.

He told me.

RIPSweetness34
11-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Don't really know what offer is better then Deng and Gibson, with the Charlotte pick. Deng is puttin up 19 and 6, Gibson 12 and 7. Both play good defense, and both are great locker room guys. Both are 25 and Gibson is still on a rookie contract.

Rose
Korver (I think he should be starting anyway)
Melo
Boozer
Noah= Bulls vs Lakers NBA finals

Of course that all depends on Boozer not having a vagina.

Mudvayne91
11-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Melo gets traded; the Nugs are rebuilding. No plausible way Orlando gets him. They dont need expiring contacts because between JR, Melo, and Kmart's contracts, they will have plenty off the cap. I think it's like 50 million+. They don't need Nelson and Orlando's number one pick will be awful. I don't see any good reason Denver makes that trade. NY's offer is better.... and no way Butler for Melo straight up.

kikeyanez
11-20-2010, 07:06 AM
the warriors can offer more then any one in the league

BradyIsTheMan12
11-20-2010, 07:28 AM
I wish the Nuggets weren't in the Northwest division so Portland could take a run at him, but it would never happen. Well, unless the Nuggets decide to be really stupid.

nbafan63
11-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Nuggests supposedly offer Melo for Nicolas B. but Portland rejected.

JordansBulls
11-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Nuggests supposedly offer Melo for Nicolas B. but Portland rejected.

:confused:

Sactown
11-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Melo to the heat!!

mikealike305
11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
i would love to see melo in either dallas, orlando, or NY.... not only do i think he'd do great for the team, it'll be really interesting to see any of these teams with melo vs miami

Hunter48MVP
11-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Steve Nash to Orlando!

Hunter48MVP
11-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I think Steve Nash to Orlando is more better. Since the only way to beat the Heat is have a good point gaurd and center.

Hunter48MVP
11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Melo to the heat!!

Trade LeBron James for him.

eugene
11-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Melo's place is in Orlando. Instead of Carter and Lewis :)

JordansBulls
11-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Melo's place is in Orlando. Instead of Carter and Lewis :)

Nelson
Pietrus
Melo
Bass
Dwight

Sly Guy
11-20-2010, 04:15 PM

I agree. I'd love to see that.

faze38
11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Melo will be a Knick I don't care what that GM said! I mean how dumb would these teams look if they make that trade and then Melo leaves. Te Nuggets will charge a farm no matter what so I highly doubt he goes some were he doesn't want to go!

stlbest5in2013
11-20-2010, 05:10 PM
i think Melo ends up in NY, either at the trade deadline or as a FA. even though he was raised in baltimore, he was born in ny, so home is home.

as a bulls fan, i honestly dont see a need for him, we just fine with out boozer, and he gives us another 20+pts a game in our offense. noah, gibson, and asik dont have great post games on offense but are gettin better and contribute on both ends of the court.

were going to the playoffs, that said, we need to see or project how we match up vs the eastern teams.

vs orlando we have enough bigs to play howard, and use the fouls on him. we dont have the player to guard him one on one. i like our odds against their other players, espicially at pg, and the wings.

vs boston our roster seems to math up very well, and we can play with them, so its a squash. shaq is their only true advantage, thats because he is huge, but his game is in the decline and has been

vs the heat, here is where we need another sg, who can play defense, ill take my chances on rose guarding wade, unless wade posts up all game, this is a push, rose is quick enough to guard him. deng really cant guard lebron but 1 player cant beat a team. bosh is in our favor, he is their only big, and a soft one at that, ill take my chances playing him 1-on-1.

vs the lakers in the finals(if we make it) kobe will guard rose, that is almost a lock to happen. artest and deng is a push, neither are great scorers, and both would lock each other down. so here is where we need a sg who can stroke it and play great defense, to make kobe play the sg on defense, so we have a mismatch, because in the paint even if bynum is not healty, or playing the lakers have the height and size advantage.

i vote melo to NY

IndiansFan337
11-20-2010, 05:15 PM

I think they would trade for him even if he didn't agree to an extension. But I also think the Magic are one of the only teams that he would consider re-signing with too.

sintaks12
11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
i think Melo ends up in NY, either at the trade deadline or as a FA. even though he was raised in baltimore, he was born in ny, so home is home.

as a bulls fan, i honestly dont see a need for him, we just fine with out boozer, and he gives us another 20+pts a game in our offense. noah, gibson, and asik dont have great post games on offense but are gettin better and contribute on both ends of the court.

were going to the playoffs, that said, we need to see or project how we match up vs the eastern teams.

vs orlando we have enough bigs to play howard, and use the fouls on him. we dont have the player to guard him one on one. i like our odds against their other players, espicially at pg, and the wings.

vs boston our roster seems to math up very well, and we can play with them, so its a squash. shaq is their only true advantage, thats because he is huge, but his game is in the decline and has been

vs the heat, here is where we need another sg, who can play defense, ill take my chances on rose guarding wade, unless wade posts up all game, this is a push, rose is quick enough to guard him. deng really cant guard lebron but 1 player cant beat a team. bosh is in our favor, he is their only big, and a soft one at that, ill take my chances playing him 1-on-1.

vs the lakers in the finals(if we make it) kobe will guard rose, that is almost a lock to happen. artest and deng is a push, neither are great scorers, and both would lock each other down. so here is where we need a sg who can stroke it and play great defense, to make kobe play the sg on defense, so we have a mismatch, because in the paint even if bynum is not healty, or playing the lakers have the height and size advantage.

i vote melo to NY

If Boozer doesn't blow up your chemistry, you guys will be sick when he's healthy. Rose is the real deal. As a diehard Knick fan, I endorse Melo to NY :)

JordansBulls
11-20-2010, 08:11 PM
If Boozer doesn't blow up your chemistry, you guys will be sick when he's healthy. Rose is the real deal. As a diehard Knick fan, I endorse Melo to NY :)

Don't see why Boozer would blow up our chemistry.

stlbest5in2013
11-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Well, considering he won't sign an extension anywhere other than New York, that's good. I don't know why anybody is even entertaining the idea he'll sign an extension anywhere. He clearly doesn't care about winning, just the fame and money he can bring in in endorsements playing in NYC...

im not saying this is a lie. but he has chicago as 1a or b if ny is #1. so that said he would resign with the bulls. but as i said i do not see a need for him.

srfr4life
11-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Why in the world does anyone think he's considering anything other than NYC? F what his wife tells the media. She wants it more than he does and I'm sure she's constantly whispering in his ear about it. He wants it too! Putang is the icing on the cake for him.

JordansBulls
11-21-2010, 11:23 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/20/nets-carmelo-anthony-avery-johnson-warriors-steve-kerr/

Georgia Tech product and No. 3 pick Derrick Favors remains a walking subplot because of the Nets' dogged interest in Anthony, although a league source with knowledge of the Nets' discussions said Denver has pushed instead for third-year center Brook Lopez in the outdated dealings when it comes to seeking a premier young talent. And as has always been the case, that topic appears to be a nonstarter as far as the Nets are concerned.

So while the Nuggets, by all accounts, remain patient on this front and are holding out hope that they can use this time to convince Anthony to put his name on the three-year, $65 million extension while they continue surveying the trade landscape, Favors' development remains a relevant part of the equation as well. He is still one of the possible pieces on this popular table, with two dates looming large on this Carmelo calendar -- Dec. 15 is the first day free agents signed last summer can be included in deals, thereby expanding the possibilities; and, of course the Feb. 24 trading deadline.

WadeCounty
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
:facepalm:I find it funny how people talked major stool when lebron joined wade in miami yet they want melo to join dwight in orlando, how is that any different?

Dade County
12-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Melo & Dwight > Lebron, Wade, & Bosh. Nuff said, now make it happen.

Crack is a hell of a drug..... smh :facepalm:

Dade County
12-06-2010, 01:52 AM
^^^^^^^^LMAO good ****

NYKalltheway
12-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Chicago, Nets or Knicks... that's where I think he'll end up starting next season.

I always doubted that any team would trade for Melo if they knew he won't sign an extension. Maybe they hope they can sign & trade him in July which could work.

Teams that would do well with Melo and I see Denver willing to trade are only playoff teams from the East. Orlando, Milwaukee or even Chicago. Out of these, only Chicago has the chance imo to keep him there.

I'd say the Knicks would be favorites for him, but our biggest need is at center. If we manage to keep our cap for the off season by signing the best available center, the team can become a real force and the East would be like hell during playoffs with Miami, Chicago, Orlando, Boston & New York contending for the NBA Finals!

NYKalltheway
12-06-2010, 02:25 AM
:facepalm:I find it funny how people talked major stool when lebron joined wade in miami yet they want melo to join dwight in orlando, how is that any different?

I guess it's kinda different as Lebron joining Wade was something not expected by most people before the free agency period. Now every team needs to add a 2nd or 3rd superstar in the team in order to appear like a contender ;)

It's still the same thing, but there's a different approach to it. And Melo is not as good as Lebron who people said he was #1 or #2 in the NBA, that's another difference

believeinNYK
12-06-2010, 03:08 AM
It's very possible but seems like a huge risk for most the teams mentioned, less for Orlando or maybe Dallas

JB0B0
12-06-2010, 03:27 AM
I don't see the Bulls getting him and quite frankly, I'd rather the Bulls pursue a good SG, a la OJ Mayo or someone of his caliber.

Blazers#1Fan
12-06-2010, 04:32 AM
bulls should go after melo and Fernandez

Noah
Boozer/Johnson
Melo/Korver
Fernandez/Brewer
Rose

JordansBulls
12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
bulls should go after melo and Fernandez

Noah
Boozer/Johnson
Melo/Korver
Fernandez/Brewer
Rose

And how do we get both?

iCOOKiE MONSTER
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Trade Deng for melo,

iCOOKiE MONSTER
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
And a 1st

GMEN4EVER
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
This really isn't news worthy. Everyone knew this from day one, the author is just too stupid to realize that. The reason why the knicks supposedly have the upper hand is because they'd be more willing to trade more for Melo since they know they are getting an extension out of him. Other teams were always in the mix for his services this year, it just makes a bit of sense that the knicks would be willing to give up the most since that's where he'd sign an extension.

Ebbs
12-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I would take him in Dallas if he doesn't cost us a fortune

Mavrix
12-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Caron Butler and his big exp contract, Roddy Beaubious, and JJ Barea + 1st round pick for Melo and Anthony Carter

Kidd - Carter
Terry - Stevenson
Melo - Marion
Dirk - Cardinal
Chandler - Haywood

JordansBulls
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Caron Butler and his big exp contract, Roddy Beaubious, and JJ Barea + 1st round pick for Melo and Anthony Carter

Kidd - Carter
Terry - Stevenson
Melo - Marion
Dirk - Cardinal
Chandler - Haywood

Does that really help Denver at all?

xxplayerxx23
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I think he will be in chiago by the trade deadline. Im trying to think what can the knicks can offer. Maybe gallo fields and currys expiring. I dont even know if thats enough. wed prob have to get philly in and get iggy to go there

lvlheaded
12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Honestly, with the way the Knicks have been playing lately, I dont want to give up major assets for him right now. Granted by the deadline this may change, but as of now, ill wait till FA for the Knicks to go for Melo. 2 players dont win championships, TEAMS win championships. Melo on this Knicks TEAM will have a better chance to compete than the Knicks trading half the team for Melo just to pair him with Amar'e

drobe86
12-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Well, yea because they get 2 expirings in Stevenson and Butler. I'm not sure I give up Roddy B in this trade, and I maybe give up DoJO instead. And they can also get Barea if they want him. But all this is off if we can't get him to sign an extension. We're 16-4 and currently the best team in the NBA so we don't NEED him. But sure it'd be nice to have

xxplayerxx23
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Honestly, with the way the Knicks have been playing lately, I dont want to give up major assets for him right now. Granted by the deadline this may change, but as of now, ill wait till FA for the Knicks to go for Melo. 2 players dont win championships, TEAMS win championships. Melo on this Knicks TEAM will have a better chance to compete than the Knicks trading half the team for Melo just to pair him with Amar'e

Yah if we play this good againstthe good teams or soild against them then we should just wait. I Dont think they would take the deal i wrote but gallo fields currys expiring and maybe anthony randolph we would still have felton amare mello COmbo with a soild bench once az comes back

Thepusher1
12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
i feel like chicago might not want him all that badly. they want a shooting guard, not a bron like ego trip. I mean dont get me wrong i would love to have him but i dont know if the FO feels the same as they did at the beginning of the season (IMO)

FlashMacker
12-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Melo wants to join the Bucks for 3.5 million a year this offseason. He made enough money.

He told me.

Really? :confused: Thats weird. He told me he made enough money and was gonna take the minimum to join his buddies down in south beach.

blahblahyoutoo
12-07-2010, 07:42 PM

oh i dunno, it could've been 'The Decision'.

or how the "chosen one", the local product of akron OH, made a promise to bring a championship to cleveland and then bailed when he realized he couldn't.

or how the best player in the league took the supposed easy route to a championship, instead of taking it upon himself and bringing one to cleveland.

or perhaps how the miami big 3 handled their free agency.

or how many now believe they knew all along they were going to end up in miami and were just stringing everyone along.

starting to understand why, or do i need to go on?

JordansBulls
12-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Well, yea because they get 2 expirings in Stevenson and Butler. I'm not sure I give up Roddy B in this trade, and I maybe give up DoJO instead. And they can also get Barea if they want him. But all this is off if we can't get him to sign an extension. We're 16-4 and currently the best team in the NBA so we don't NEED him. But sure it'd be nice to have

I'm sure the Mavs could use him for sure for the playoffs.

Dieheartjetsfan
12-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Melo will be a knick next season, they are going to be niceee with stat, Melo, and felton leading the way

Dieheartjetsfan
12-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Really? :confused: Thats weird. He told me he made enough money and was gonna take the minimum to join his buddies down in south beach.

Really????? Well guess what Melo isn't a bit$h and going to join up with wade like lebron did and play with the softest player in the NBA cough cough chris bosh:D

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2010, 02:12 AM
if he wants a chip he should come to the Raps.

Epicfailure
12-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Wait, this couldn't have been on ESPN. It has nothing to do with Brett Favre or Lebron James and the Heat. They wouldn't report that.

Mavrix
12-08-2010, 04:22 AM

Melo is going to leave Denver if they like it or not. With Butler they get a talented player and an expiring contract at the same time. With Beaubious they get a young athlete with tons of potential. Barea gives them a solid veteran. If they don't trade Melo he can just walk away and Denver won't get anything.

JordansBulls
12-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Bulls give up Gibson, Deng, Johnson and 3 first round picks.

ShakeN'Bake
12-08-2010, 09:56 AM
if he wants a chip he should come to the Raps.

:laugh2:

icon1914
12-08-2010, 10:14 AM

Not sure Denver would want Deng... but the 3 1st rounders could change that, even though they are likely to be low picks... I guess its a solid deal... No worse than what the Knicks or any other team is offering.

No matter what happens Denver is going to get the funky side of the pole. Carmelo wants to go to a contender... No contender is going to trade franchise player... and even if Denver tried to deal him to a team willing to give up a young potential star, it would be hard to finish that deal without him signing an extension.

nycericanguy
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Chris Broussard was on ESPN yesterday and he said his sources have told him Melo will absolutely not sign an extension with ANY team this year except NY. And that Melo is very much willing to play the season out and become UFA this summer.

Sounds like he has his heart set on NY, and if NY can acquire him and keep their young core they will be very dangerous.

ballbrains
12-08-2010, 02:17 PM
As the dec 15 and feb trade deadline draws near, many teams realize that the Miami Heat's NBA title may not come until next year when they regain their mid-level exception.this could be a wild card year, LA isn't getting younger. Boston is still very strong, with the Heat and Bulls not far off. As good as the Magic are, we know that they wont beat Boston in the ECF.
Melo, who is secretly up 4 grabs would give the Magic a team capable of reachin the finals. D12 would average 20-20 against the Heat, simple. This link gives indication that the magic and their GM is planning a wild move. We all know Melo is in a NY state of mind and building a championship team who can give him his 65 mil extension is a priority. Many arent talking about Billups and his contract that is only 3 mil next year!! his contract could be moved to help the magic get CP3 or D-will later.(N.O is in financial turmoil) Melo could turn down NY to play with a REAL big 3 this year!
Do I smell a 6+ player trade in a few weeks? All magic gotta keep is bass and get birdman, let off Gortat and Nelson and VC. I think their org and Stan Van would love to run the sunshine state. :-)
take a look at the link...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/report-orlando-magic-open-to-making-a-major-trade/

Report: Orlando Magic Open to Making a Major Trade

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the Magic front-office (which is also looking to trim its payroll) would pull the trigger on a deal for anyone on the roster, with Dwight Howard being the lone exception: “The Magic still are open to making a deal for either Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul — they’re partial to Paul — and would part with pieces not named Dwight Howard. Even Gilbert Arenas would be in the discussion if he wasn’t owed gadzillions. Maybe Monta Ellis. The Magic are no fools: They want to win a title and they know they need either a big-time scorer or playmaker to get past the Celtics or Heat, and then the Lakers. They would even be willing to take a step back this season to restock if it meant they could land either Anthony or Paul. Vince Carter and all their youngish, proven pieces are available in some sort of blockbuster package: Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick and Ryan Anderson. When I asked somebody in the organization about such a possibility, that somebody never shook off my sign, never flinched.”

Chacarron
12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
New CBA could mean no more MLE.

bosscity
12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
The Magic have plenty of trade assets, so a deal before the deadline wouldnt be a shock. Who they deal for is the big question...

Jonathan2323
12-08-2010, 02:25 PM
New CBA could mean no more MLE.

it would be called the Miami HEAT rule because if they get one more good player at C or PG then its really over for the rest of the league.

The Magic need to make a move that current roster is not getting to the finals.

shep33
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Magic should pursue Melo...if not go for Arenas. Arenas seems to be getting better and better as the year goes along, i watched him yesterday for a bit, and his shooting seems to be fine now, and his quickness is back. I know it's a risk though...

Da Knicks
12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Many gms are planning on Melo LOL.

Chacarron
it would be called the Miami HEAT rule because if they get one more good player at C or PG then its really over for the rest of the league.

Wasn't it over for the league too when the Heat signed Lebron, Wade and Bosh? :p

SteBO
Being a heat fan, i hope this isn't tru. Bt if this is true, Orlando would def have to get of Vince Carter and especially Rashard Lewis with whoever.

Jonathan2323
12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Wasn't it over for the league too when the Heat signed Lebron, Wade and Bosh? :p

Give it time, its coming together :D

Right now theres a couple better teams than the HEAT, but once they get their 2 best bench players back it can change.

SteBO
12-08-2010, 02:29 PM
It'll be over, trust me!

Chacarron
12-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Give it time, its coming together :D

It certainly is looking better for you guys now.

Da Knicks
12-08-2010, 02:32 PM
It'll be over, trust me!

Low post presence is a must in the playoffs, but miami is looking a lot better lately.

ShakeN'Bake
12-08-2010, 02:32 PM

Your right because they are already so dominating :rolleyes:

Jonathan2323
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Your right because they are already so dominating :rolleyes:

If you were to watch HEAT games you can see that the big 3 are starting to figure out how to play together and that wasn't the case early on in the season. Also they are running plays in the offense, which they didn't do early on.

Giaps
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM

I thought they celebrated in Miami like it was already over for the rest of the league? Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, no... maybe over for the rest of the league for 8 years?

Sorry, had to do it.

serrano275
12-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Lewis would have to go. Carter is gone next year anyways. I heard a rumors a few months back the Denver was fond of JJ Reddick. Lewis can play SF but Nelson and Billups would need to be in the trade because it would even out the salaries. it would add depth to the Nuggets of we gave them Gortat. I don't wont to loose him or Bass, but if we have to then we have to.

ballbrains
12-08-2010, 02:38 PM

we all said wade and bron dont mesh. I think D12, Melo, Lewis and Billups making 3 Mil would mesh.

I hope he goes to my team doe>> KNICKS BABY!

magic is cool doe...lol

and im not really sure if they're getting better or playing S--tty teams...............

Double_R
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Wasn't this thread created 2 wks ago.

xxplayerxx23
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Low post presence is a must in the playoffs, but miami is looking a lot better lately.

Nothing on the post lol Weird thing how do u get melo without trading gallo LMaooo looking at the lineup under your sig :)

Dade County
12-08-2010, 02:56 PM

I wish we did have a banger down low, but we are still going to win it all at the end of the day!

Quietmoney
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I guess all that miami heat has cooked the brain. Even when you solve your chemistry issues, you will still have personal issues. There are to many liabilities on the heat individually to hide. Like carlos arroyo, james jones, eddie house, chris bosh.... That had nothing to with the plays you are running.

effen5
12-08-2010, 03:41 PM

No

Deng + Johnson + 2 first

or

Deng + Johnson + Taj for 1 first

why the **** would you give up 3 firsts? Im not giving up that many picks and screwed somewhere near in the future. Look at the Knicks (sry Knick fans) they desperately can use a first rounder but they don't have any.

If those two scenarios don't work out....then next....lets look for a SG.

Mudvayne91
12-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Nugs want picks

SteBO
12-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I guess all that miami heat has cooked the brain. Even when you solve your chemistry issues, you will still have personal issues. There are to many liabilities on the heat individually to hide. Like carlos arroyo, james jones, eddie house, chris bosh[/B].... That had nothing to with the plays you are running.

:facepalm: Yeah, one of the best power forwards in the game is a liability :rolleyes:

Jonathan2323
12-08-2010, 03:50 PM
:facepalm: Yeah, one of the best power forwards in the game is a liability :rolleyes:

He's also playing good defense on the #2 defense in the league.

ShakeN'Bake
12-08-2010, 03:58 PM
If you were to watch HEAT games you can see that the big 3 are starting to figure out how to play together and that wasn't the case early on in the season. Also they are running plays in the offense, which they didn't do early on.

Yes, I watched games. And yes I've seen that they are starting to mesh better. I was actually one of the believers that they would figure it out before seasons end.

Despite all of that they are not a dominating force yet. So please explain what was wrong with my statement.

JB0B0
12-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Denver wants way too much for Melo, considering he won't even be there in 2011. I'd much rather the Bulls pursue a SG that won't require us salvaging 2 key players and 3 first rounders.

SteBO
12-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Crack is a hell of a drug..... smh :facepalm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sep11ie
12-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Why do you capitalize every letter in Heat? Is it an acronym?
Heatfans End Another Thread?

MFFL==FML
12-08-2010, 04:48 PM
If not the Nets I hope he ends up in Dallas

Me too! :)

Kidd
Beaubois
Anthony
Nowitzki
Chandler

That is pretty sick...

MFFL==FML
12-08-2010, 05:05 PM
This won't happen but I wouldn't mind if:

Dallas sends: Caron Butler (expiring), Brenden Haywood (starting center locked up for 6 years), Dominique Jones (1st round pick), 1 future 2nd round pick

Denver sends: Carmelo Anthony, Chris Andersen

Denver
PG: Billups/Lawson
SG: Afflalo/Jones
SF: Butler/JR Smith
PF: Nene/Balkman
C : Haywood/Martin

Dallas
PG: Kidd/Barea
SG: Beaubois/Terry
SF: Anthony/Marion
PF: Nowitzki/Mihinmi
C : Chandler/Andersen

SteBO
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Why would Denver want Haywood?????

airronijordan
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Broussard said last night on NBA Coast to Coast that the Nuggets continue to have dialogues with the Nets but Melos plan is to turn down an extension offer from the Nets (or any team) and sign outright with the Knicks during the offseason even if hes losing money =)

Evolution23
12-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Broussard said last night on NBA Coast to Coast that the Nuggets continue to have dialogues with the Nets but Melos plan is to turn down an extension offer from the Nets (or any team) and sign outright with the Knicks during the offseason even if hes losing money =)

Link?

AddiX
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Melo won't wait till the off-season to sign, but it does look like he's forcing the nugs to do business with the Knicks whether they like it or not.

The Nugs are using the Nets to try and force Melos hand to re-sign or do what works best for them. And Melo who wants to go to the Knicks is saying he will lose $ to be with the team he wants.

This will get ugly come trade deadline.

I'm guessing this will be 3 team deal and he ends up a Knick.

airronijordan
12-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Melo won't wait till the off-season to sign, but it does look like he's forcing the nugs to do business with the Knicks whether they like it or not.

The Nugs are using the Nets to try and force Melos hand to re-sign or do what works best for them. And Melo who wants to go to the Knicks is saying he will lose $ to be with the team he wants.

This will get ugly come trade deadline.

I'm guessing this will be 3 team deal and he ends up a Knick.

Well Broussard said that his sources tell him that Melo doesnt mind going into the off season as a free agent and just outright sign with the Knicks. He also said that Denver doesnt want to trade him to NY but Melo only wants to go to NY and sorry Evolution 23 theres no link - he said it on tv

SteBO
12-08-2010, 06:02 PM
The nuggets blew it by not going through with the 4-team deal that would've sent melo to NJ before training camp cuz they thought they still had a chance to re-sign him
If he really wanted to stay in Denver he would've signed the damn extension already.
Now, one of two things are going to end up happening.

Since he clearly doesn't want to play in Newark for a season and a half.....

1) Denver will have to probably accept the best New York can offer including Eddy Curry's expiring mess of a contract if they want anything for him.

2) Melo will sign with the Knicks outright in free agency, because it's clear that no matter what Denver does before then, he won't sign an extension with another team.

I hope #1 happens because Knicks/Heat games would be exciting, especially if they meet in the playoffs!

Da Knicks
12-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I think he will be in chiago by the trade deadline. Im trying to think what can the knicks can offer. Maybe gallo fields and currys expiring. I dont even know if thats enough. wed prob have to get philly in and get iggy to go there

Chandler, Fields, Curry is what is being offered and it is far from enough since Denver gets two expirings in Chandler and Curry which they would be dumb not to resign Chandler. Fields is on a rookie contract and a second round one at that. That is more than enough...

nycericanguy
12-08-2010, 06:05 PM
The nuggets blew it by not going through with the 4-team deal that would've sent melo to NJ before training camp cuz they thought they still had a chance to re-sign him
If he really wanted to stay in Denver he would've signed the damn extension already.

1) Denver will have to probably accept the best New York can offer including Eddy Curry's expiring mess of a contract if they want anything for him.

2) Melo will sign with the Knicks outright in free agency, because it's clear that no matter what Denver does before then, he won't sign an extension with another team.

I hope #1 happens because Knicks/Heat games would be exciting, especially if they meet in the playoffs!

I think Melo was never willing to go to NJ, I think DEN was just trying to up the ante.

If they were really that close to trading him to NJ they didn't need 2 other teams, NJ has the contracts to make a one on one deal. My opinion? Melo was never willing to sign in NJ.

cle12152433
12-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Denver wants way too much for Melo, considering he won't even be there in 2011. I'd much rather the Bulls pursue a SG that won't require us salvaging 2 key players and 3 first rounders.

I dont know that the Bulls could afford Carmelo.

They are already paying the 1st overall pick (Rose), the 9th overall pick (Noah), Carlos Boozer.

Also, this is Rose's third season, and a contract extension will be in hand fairly soon.

But then again, a year ago I was VERY confident that the Heat would NEVER get LeBron James AND Dwayne Wade. Shows what I know.

SteBO
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I think Melo was never willing to go to NJ, I think DEN was just trying to up the ante.

If they were really that close to trading him to NJ they didn't need 2 other teams, NJ has the contracts to make a one on one deal. My opinion? Melo was never willing to sign in NJ.
True
Bottom line: He's goin to the Knicks

airronijordan
12-08-2010, 06:12 PM

there were some reports saying that melo was close to saying ok to go to nj, but then amare, isiah, and others called melo and told melo to hold it off

nycericanguy
12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
True
Bottom line: He's goin to the Knicks

It would be great to have NY, CHI & MIA all top teams. Would make for some great games.

Da Knicks
12-08-2010, 06:21 PM

1) Denver will have to probably accept the best New York can offer including [/B[B]]Eddy Curry's expiring mess of a contract if they want anything for him.

Eddy Curry is an expiring contract, Denver would need that to have all the cap space necessary to go forward with youth.:cool:

SteBO
12-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Eddy Curry is an expiring contract, Denver would need that to have all the cap space necessary to go forward with youth.:cool:

I know, probably shouldn't have said "mess of a contract":D Still can't believe he's owed 11 million

elizur
12-08-2010, 06:29 PM
This is good for the Knicks, IMO. They are not going to offer as good of a package without an extention, which makes the Knicks OK package that much better. Also, if he does not sign an extention, then he can just sign with the knicks and we can have a beast team.

nycericanguy
12-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I know, probably shouldn't have said "mess of a contract":D Still can't believe he's owed 11 million

actually NY already paid $7m or so upfront before the season because Curry was having money problems, so he would only be due $4m or so. Add to that that NY would send back $3m in cash, DEN would save a TON of money.

SteBO
12-08-2010, 06:43 PM
actually NY already paid $7m or so upfront before the season because Curry was having money problems, so he would only be due $4m or so. Add to that that NY would send back $3m in cash, DEN would save a TON of money.
Wow....I didn't know tht, thx for informing me :)

nycericanguy
12-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Wow....I didn't know tht, thx for informing me :)

yea crazy how these guys can be having money problems making $11m a year!

Knickfansince97
12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
watching espn and they said just melo will sit out tonight vs the celtics. something with his knee will have a mri tomorrow

nystandup
12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
watching espn and they said just melo will sit out tonight vs the celtics. something with his knee will have a mri tomorrow

hmmm, interesting. Does anyone know if he came out of last game due to the injury or did it just come up out of nowhere?

Chateamsfan
12-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I swear I still think Charlotte has a got a chance!

jroc20boys
12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
i don't want melo in chicago anyways because he will mess up the team and we will have to trade almost our whole bench to get him and end up like miami and we all know how that turned out

JB0B0
12-08-2010, 11:52 PM
As a bulls fan, I'd rather have Melo in NY than Orlando. NY is more deserving, imo.

Apophis
12-09-2010, 12:30 AM
As a bulls fan, I'd rather have Melo in NY than Orlando. NY is more deserving, imo.

As a Knicks fan.. I thank you.. :clap:

JordansBulls
12-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Is Melo going to start sitting out games now?

THE GIPPER
12-11-2010, 01:11 AM
^^haha maybe. or maybe hes just injured.

Lab Rat Robby
12-16-2010, 12:28 PM
nba2k scenario: the clippers give up a this year 1st, aminu, foye, and gomes(10.75 mill cap total) for unextended carmelo(16.5 mill cap total) and denvers current year 1st. i think that'd be a cool way for denver to spite carmelo and the knicks, who think they can just command this thing. denver gets a probable lottery pick, a mystery talented young guy, a couple disposable young vets. clippers get a shot at turning it around and making the playoffs this year with a scary griffin and melo combo even if for just one year, a gamble on denvers post trade record, and a little cap relief. anybody still read this thread?

JordansBulls
12-17-2010, 06:30 PM

I'll rather have him there as well. Can't allow Orlando to have two top 5 players in the league.

FlashMacker
12-18-2010, 03:21 AM
I'll rather have him there as well. Can't allow Orlando to have two top 5 players in the league.

Melo? top 5? don't think so.

Kobe, LeBron, Dwyane, Durant, Dwight are all better than him.

The Jokemaker
12-18-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm hoping Melo ends up in NY. Whether it is via a trade in season or in the offseason. Melo in that offense with Felton and Amare is just dangerous, especially if they can hang on to the Italian Stallion.

JordansBulls
12-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Melo? top 5? don't think so.

Kobe, LeBron, Dwyane, Durant, Dwight are all better than him.

Yes he is top 5.