PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Portland Trailblazers franchise?

HouRealCoach
11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
The horrible draft picks, the injury prone players, jailblazers?

Its sad because this was one of my favorite franchises after Knicks, Rockets, Celtics... They looked like they were on the rise and then injuries destroy this team

TheGoodGerman
11-19-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't like the hate. Okay ... they messed up that Jordan-Bowie thing, but ... hey. Why, talk about things that are already history ? And, I really am not sure, if they would've picked Oden, if they would've known ... that he will end up like that. You really want to tell me Portland FO picked Oden with like: "Oh, who cares of two microfractures, he's big, he's black and we don't care... ?" You ... really think Portland has an Isiah Thomas-Clone in their FO ? Come on ... Blow the whole squad and re-build around Roy, Batum and Aldridge.

fadedmario
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
The Blazers are a good franchise with great fans

GOON MUSIC
11-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Boring and Over televised

dominater6192
11-19-2010, 10:10 AM
unlucky

ROCKETMAN34
11-19-2010, 10:16 AM
If they did not have bad luck they would have no luck at all. I really like the team and they have some great players but now with Oden and Roy hurt it is time to re-build I think. Roy will never be the same player he was and Oden will never be a player in the leauge. Just sad the way it always seems to work out for the Blazers. Wish them the best.

Knicks Fire Dog
11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
A Shame....almost like a curse. But love their heart and love their determination. I loved Pritchard. Too bad he is not there anymore.

KnicksorBust
11-19-2010, 10:30 AM
They have, in my opinion, a top 5 fanbase and a lot of likable players. Blazers really should have packaged all their young players a few years ago when they had the chance and made a playoff push. With Oden being out for the year and Roy's shaky situation, they look to be in basketball pergatory. Too good to get a franchise changer in the draft and not good enough to compete for a ring.

IndyRealist
11-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I really, really liked the Blazers organization until I saw how they handled Kevin Pritchard. It's a boys club full of "yes" men, and I get the feeling that it's all going to go downhill with Pritchard gone.

Byronicle
11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
They are the Clippers with a good record

xbrackattackx
11-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Matthews is a bright spot with Roy going down.

ShakeN'Bake
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
I think the should deal away LaMarcus and start trying to build again. They'll be able to get some good pieces for him.

Raoul Duke
11-19-2010, 11:10 AM
The franchise itself is hella classy, and they have some of the best fans in pro sports. I think it's really unfortunate that they've had this continuous stretch of bad luck regarding injuries. Theres really nothing else you can say about it, because it really is just bad luck. The things that are holding them back right now are entirely out of anyone's control, and it sucks.

Team*Chicago
11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
The TrailBlazers are a good franchise and it's better than Miami Heat's franchise but they -uck up picking Greg over Kevin. If they picked Kevin Durrant over Greg Oden then the Trail Blazers would have had the next Jordan and Pippen with Brandon Roy and Keven Durrant.

todu82
11-19-2010, 11:28 AM
They're a team on the rise but I bet they're kicking themselves repeatedly for picking Greg Oden over Kevin Durant.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2010, 11:28 AM
1 They are a classic franchise
2 i respect them.
3 I hope they trade V Claver draft rights and never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again draft or trade for another spaniard.

Madness23
11-19-2010, 11:31 AM
the definition of the Trailblazers: a franchise that passed on Jordan AND Durant !! imagine those 2 instead of Bowie and oden, change of history !!!

drew_ellis_23
11-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Boring and Over televised

Whoa not talking about most NY teams here.

drew_ellis_23
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
I think the should deal away LaMarcus and start trying to build again. They'll be able to get some good pieces for him.

Why? We are still solid, Joel is coming back so we will have another beast down low to help Camby and Wesley has been scoring just fine for Roy. Batum is improving and Rudy is showing us some flashes. This team will still be in the playoffs. Any contribution we do get from Roy will just be a plus. I see him taking on a Jason Terry role with this team though. He can still have an impact for a few more years. We just need to rest him.

Mishmin
11-19-2010, 11:54 AM
They gotta stay patient. Very deep, tons of young talent. Wes Matthews *****es.

Jaji
11-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Michael Jordan

Kevin Durant

:facepalm:

Hunter48MVP
11-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Sucks for the Blazers and their fans that Roy injured and Oden wasn't the star he suppose to be.

jiggin
11-19-2010, 04:41 PM
awesome team that wins DESPITE all their injuries. They posted 50+ wins with "scrubs" on their bench that could start on a lot of teams. One of the best benches in the game last year and pretty damn solid this year. People say they have so many injuries, going as far as saying they are "cursed" with knee injuries...yet STILL win over 50+ games. Pretty impressive.

A team easily forgotten do to their geographic location, only thought of for their picks not panning out, yet all their VERY GOOD SELECTIONS and draft moves FORGOTTEN.

Drafed Bill Walton, Geoff Petrie, Sidney Wicks, Larry Steele, Lionel Hollins, Jim Paxson, Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter and Arvydas Sabonis, Jermaine O'Neal, Zach Randolph, Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge just to name a few.

The team has advanced to the NBA Finals three times, winning the NBA Championship once, in 1977. The other NBA Finals appearances were in 1990 and 1992.

The team has qualified for the playoffs in 25 of their 36 seasons, including a streak of 21 straight appearances from 1983 to 2003.

Four Hall of Fame players have played for the Trail Blazers (Lenny Wilkens, Bill Walton, Clyde Drexler, and Drazen Petrovic), as well as one player (Scottie Pippen) who was recognized as one of the league's 50 greatest and was inducted to the Hall in August 2010.

Three Blazer rookies (Geoff Petrie, Sidney Wicks, and Brandon Roy) have won the NBA Rookie of the Year award.

Two Hall of Fame coaches, Lenny Wilkens and Jack Ramsay, have coached the Blazers, and two others, Mike Schuler and Mike Dunleavy, have won the NBA Coach of the Year award with the team.

They are the only team to have held a team scoreless during overtime on two separate occasions.

They hold several other NBA records...

Most people don't know much about the Trailblazers...doing a little fact finding and you will see they are a VERY SOLID franchise. Anyone saying otherwise isn't including the FACTS in their "analysis". :D

commonsense12
11-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Good franchise that has made some bad drafting decisions (jordan, Durant).

I think they are at the xroads right now though. Do they make a low seed playoff run or do they try to retool and win a chip?

Miller and Camby are getting old, Rudy wanted out in the beginning of the year, Pryz is a FA next year. Plus the Oden and Roy situations. This team has a lot going on but still a pretty good core of Mathews, Batum and LA.

I dunno it might be worth it for them to try and trade Camby and Miller and see if they can get a good young PG and C. If they do that they could conceivably have a really good team thats all young and be below the salary cap. This could allow them to sign a top tier FA and compete with the Lakers. Its a hard decision to make but one that might pay off in the end.

JordansBulls
11-19-2010, 05:22 PM
The TrailBlazers are a good franchise and it's better than Miami Heat's franchise but they -uck up picking Greg over Kevin. If they picked Kevin Durrant over Greg Oden then the Trail Blazers would have had the next Jordan and Pippen with Brandon Roy and Keven Durrant.

No.

twoearl
11-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Everyone on the teams needs to be on the trading block except Aldridge.

Blazers#1Fan
11-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Everyone on the teams needs to be on the trading block except Aldridge.

Matthews,Batum,Aldridge,Johnson,camby,Pryzbilla

Blazers#1Fan
11-19-2010, 05:28 PM
1 They are a classic franchise
2 i respect them.
3 I hope they trade V Claver draft rights and never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again draft or trade for another spaniard.

biggest hater on PSD