PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Denver will regret Not Trading Carmelo in the Four Way Deal?

xabial
11-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Earlier this Summer, a Four Way Deal Between The Nuggets, Nets, and Charlotte was Reported. The Rumored Deal was Nuggets Recieve Nets rookie Derrick Favors, Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko and two future first-round picks in return for Anthony, with the Nets also sending point guard Devin Harris to Charlotte and Utah acquiring veteran forward Boris Diaw from the Bobcats, and Quinton Ross From The Nets.

Thats quite a Haul, for Carmelo Do you think Denver will regret not doing this Trade IF Carmelo Leaves via FA or is involved in another trade via the Feb 24 Trade Deadline. It was reported everywhere that there was a strong possibility Denver leaked this Trade in hopeing for better trade offers, and Denver Felt unconfortable Trading Carmelo, even for that return.

Heres the Rumored Deal Broken Down.

Nuggets:

-Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko's $17.8M Expiring Contract.
-Two Future First Round Picks (Nets Golden State)
-Rookie Derrick Favors who was the #3 Pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Nets
-Carmelo Anthony

Charlotte
-Devin Harris

Utah
-Boris Diaw
-Quinton Ross

Do you think it was a mistake if Denver had an opportunity to complete this trade and refused to do it? It was quite the trade offer, and i dont think they will recieve another one like it. Do you think Denver Refusing this trade will haunt them in the future?

bahama0811
11-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Yes, I think they'll regret it.

D Roses Bulls
11-19-2010, 01:57 AM
No I don't think they will regret it...... Im sure they will get a similar deal if not better by the deadline

xabial
11-19-2010, 02:03 AM
No I don't think they will regret it...... Im sure they will get a similar deal if not better by the deadline

i thought his value reduces as time went on..

TheHoopsProphet
11-19-2010, 02:10 AM
nothing sexy about giving up Andrew Drago for Boris Dayo

xabial
11-19-2010, 02:14 AM
nothing sexy about giving up Andrew Drago for Boris Dayo

Forgot to add Nets Swingman Quinton Ross who was also a very Minor player included in the Trade. He was going, to Utah along with Diaw. Does that make a difference?

John Walls Era
11-19-2010, 02:16 AM
But remember: Melo isn't like Chris Bosh, so hes going to make sure the Nuggets aren't left hanging... lol :rolleyes:

Ebbs
11-19-2010, 02:18 AM
They will get a lesser deal 2 firsts and Favors isnt a bad start to a rebuild.

Caron Butler + 2 firsts for Melo!

sargon21
11-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Melo wouldn't go to New Jersey.

D Roses Bulls
11-19-2010, 02:25 AM
i thought his value reduces as time went on..

It is a risk yes, but someone in contention or in need of selling more tickets could end up giving them a better deal. we'll see though.

shep33
11-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Denver has to trade him... they'll get nothing in return once he leaves. Trade him to the Knicks, and atleast get Chandler and Randolph. Two young players that are pretty talented... better than nothing.

TheHoopsProphet
11-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Forgot to add Nets Swingman Quinton Ross who was also a very Minor player included in the Trade. He was going, to Utah along with Diaw. Does that make a difference?

Quinton Ross?! Q-Tip?! The Clipper Legend!?? The same guy whose averaging a whole point a game? Utah would not do this. Drago back to championship form AND is an expiring. If I'm Utah I would consider having a Free Alcohol for Non-Mormon fans Promotion Day at Energy Solutions before I would consider that deal.

xabial
11-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Quinton Ross?! Q-Tip?! The Clipper Legend!?? The same guy whose averaging a whole point a game? Utah would not do this. Drago back to championship form AND is an expiring. If I'm Utah I would consider having a Free Alcohol for Non-Mormon fans Promotion Day at Energy Solutions before I would consider that deal.

Hahahaha i get the point but Four Team Trades are very uncommon, and should always have the one team that gets the short end of the stick. Maybe Utah wanted to reduce payroll for this year. Andrei makes $17.8M, this year; his last year of his contract. Im guessing Utah wants to reduce payroll this year, Denver wants flexability for Next year. That Makes Sense. Right?

Diaw isnt THAT bad of a player and Ross was just the throw-in.

Cmon you said it yourself. Utah's getting the LEGENDARY Q-TIP

Afridi786
11-19-2010, 02:40 AM
No, they need to trade him to the Bulls for anything we offer.

Blazers#1Fan
11-19-2010, 02:45 AM
No, they need to trade him to the Bulls for anything we offer.

they should try doing

Bulls get:Melo
76ers get: Deng,Gibson,2nd round pick(DEN)
Nuggets get Iguodala and bulls 1st

Chest Rockwell
11-19-2010, 02:48 AM
I thought the Nets backed out of the deal

xabial
11-19-2010, 02:55 AM

Are you kidding? They were the ones pushing for it. Nets New GM Billy King wanted to make a splash. He was the major proposer to the Trade. he really wanted to get it done. Nets really wanted to get it Done.
The only reason they backed out was because Denver was taking too long scratching their heads, and according to most people Denver led the deal to be known to the media to enhance carmelo's trade value.. Denver was toying with them

The Nets, didnt want to take a risk of these trade rumors effecting Harris/Favors. Nets were running out of paitence with Denver, so on Paper it was the Nets who backed out but it really was Denver Understand? Their no doubt Going to discuss The Trade again, and i think Denver will accept the truth that Carmelo's leaving and get a Greatly Reduced Trade value then two Firsts, Favors, And a Huge Expiring.

Blazers#1Fan
11-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Are you kidding? They were the ones pushing for it. Nets New GM Billy King wanted to make a splash. He was the major proposer to the Trade. he really wanted to get it done. Nets really wanted to get it Done.
The only reason they backed out was because Denver was taking too long scratching their heads, and according to most people Denver led the deal to be known to the media to enhance carmelo's trade value.. Denver was toying with them

The Nets, didnt want to take a risk of these trade rumors effecting Harris/Favors. Nets were running out of paitence with Denver, so on Paper it was the Nets who backed out but it really was Denver Understand? Their no doubt Going to discuss The Trade again, and i think Denver will accept the truth that Carmelo's leaving and get a Greatly Reduced Trade value then two Firsts, Favors, And a Huge Expiring.

gotta agree

TheHoopsProphet
11-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Hahahaha i get the point but Four Team Trades are very uncommon, and should always have the one team that gets the short end of the stick. Maybe Utah wanted to reduce payroll for this year. Andrei makes $17.8M, this year; his last year of his contract. Im guessing Utah wants to reduce payroll this year, Denver wants flexability for Next year. That Makes Sense. Right?

Diaw isnt THAT bad of a player and Ross was just the throw-in.

Cmon you said it yourself. Utah's getting the LEGENDARY Q-TIP

yes, which is why they are uncommon as you mentioned. from an outside stand point, it seems like a good deal, but one franchise (in this case utah) would have to make a public statement explaining the reason behind this deal. And dumping contracts in the midst of a team trying to get to the West Conference doesnt seem like it would bode will with the fans. But thats just cuz they dont know how good q-tip is!

xabial
11-19-2010, 03:47 AM
yes, which is why they are uncommon as you mentioned. from an outside stand point, it seems like a good deal, but one franchise (in this case utah) would have to make a public statement explaining the reason behind this deal. And dumping contracts in the midst of a team trying to get to the West Conference doesnt seem like it would bode will with the fans. But thats just cuz they dont know how good q-tip is!

A lot of fans arent educated. I dont think they look too deep into those minor Trades. Was Andrei really a fan favorate? As long as they get into the playoffs it doesnt matter right? Dont they already have Al Jefferson/Millsap/Okur? Thats why a public statement isnt necessary. Its Not as bad as say the Trades the New York knicks have done the last two years to get under the salary cap for a chance at two Maximum FA's. Now that was worth a public statement For. This Potential Utah Deal? Dont think Fans will care because Utah's team is deeper then that, and still has a playoff run in them regardless of this trade happening or Not. If Ownership wants Financial Flexability this year and sees something in Diaw, and Ross, that we dont see its their right because Utah's a well-Run organization.

Besides they get Q-TiP!!! (Man, That never gets old.. :laugh2:)

Raph12
11-19-2010, 04:20 AM
They'll do something by the deadline, no need to be overdramatic...

Blazers#1Fan
11-19-2010, 04:57 AM
A lot of fans arent educated. I dont think they look too deep into those minor Trades. Was Andrei really a fan favorate? As long as they get into the playoffs it doesnt matter right? Dont they already have Al Jefferson/Millsap/Okur? Thats why a public statement isnt necessary. Its Not as bad as say the Trades the New York knicks have done the last two years to get under the salary cap for a chance at two Maximum FA's. Now that was worth a public statement For. This Potential Utah Deal? Dont think Fans will care because Utah's team is deeper then that, and still has a playoff run in them regardless of this trade happening or Not. If Ownership wants Financial Flexability this year and sees something in Diaw, and Ross, that we dont see its their right because Utah's a well-Run organization.

Besides they get Q-TiP!!! (Man, That never gets old.. :laugh2:)

things must be getting real wax-ie in UTAH or do they want a rapper to do there intros im lost lol

Mane
11-19-2010, 04:58 AM
Absolutely think they're going to regret it.

abe_froman
11-19-2010, 05:00 AM
they already regret it

Team*Chicago
11-19-2010, 11:15 AM
The Nuggets have to choses they can get less in a trade for Carmelo or let him walk+regret it and look really stupid like the Cavaliers and Raptors but it looks like they are slanting towards the 2nd option.

Raoul Duke
11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Was the deal even possible as it was structured? It was my understanding that Denver was receiving slightly too much in payroll for the deal to work.

bringinwood
11-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Gotta think they did...

If Melo doesn't sign an extension with them, you're giving up Favors and 2 1st rounders for cap space this offseason...

It could have gone down as one of the worst deals in NBA history...

superabound
11-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Why would Utah ever make that trade? They give up cap space for two marginal players. It makes no sense. Furthermore, why would the Nets be willing to move their playmaker and point guard in a trade to get Melo? Everyone assumes Harris is part of such a trade, but that makes no sense for Jersey.

Melo is going to be a Knick through free agency regardless of any trade. Why would a team give up the pieces it would take to get him unless it is the knicks?

Hunter48MVP
11-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, the Nuggets will reget that trade. Big mistake

imagesrdecievin
11-19-2010, 03:43 PM
they should try doing

Bulls get:Melo
76ers get: Deng,Gibson,2nd round pick(DEN)
Nuggets get Iguodala and bulls 1st

Which is worse than the proposed 4 team deal.

Remember that one of the first rounders they were getting belongs to the Warriors.

FetusSmasher
11-19-2010, 03:57 PM
I think eventually they will have to bite the bullet and trade him or suffer the reprecussions and get nothing for him when he walks.