PDA

View Full Version : Is Melo having a better season than Durant?

DenButsu
11-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Conventional NBA wisdom these days has it that Durant has already surpassed Melo (or at least is in the process of surpassing him) as the superior player.

And Durant this season does lead Melo in points per game.

But beyond that, Melo has:

-a higher PER
-a higher TS%
-a higher eFG%
-a higher rebound rates (including both offensive and defensive)
-a better assist ratio
-a lower turnover ratio
-a better offensive rating
-a better defensive rating

We're still early in the season, so we're still operating off of a relatively small sample size, and it's quite possible that Durant could pass Melo in some of these categories as the season rolls on.

But for now, I'd argue that not only is Durant not the best SF in the West (and Rudy Gay might have something to say about whether he's even 2nd best), he's not even the best player on his own team.

ChiSox219
11-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Durant started off slow, .480 TS% through his first games, including that 0-10 3PA against LAC.

I don't really see how you can say he's not the best SF in the west, just based on a 10 games stretch.

JordansBulls
11-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Yes he is. In fact, he is better than Durant.

Raph12
11-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Yes he is, Durant hasn't played well yet and isn't even the MVP of his own team atm.

Westbrook is having a better season than Durant, sooo...

Baller1
11-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Yes, so far.

But people need to stop overreacting to the slow start. Just go back and look at Durant's start to last season. He's actually playing better right now then he was last season. So I'm not worried.

But yes, as of now Melo is having a better season than Durant.

Minimal
11-20-2010, 02:10 PM
He has a better season than Durant every year and this one is not an exception.

Baller1
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
He has a better season than Durant every year and this one is not an exception.

I seriously, seriously hope you're not serious.

Minimal
11-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I seriously, seriously hope you're not serious.
Ok I'm wrong a bit, last season it was even, this season Melo is better so far.

Baller1
11-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Ok I'm wrong a bit, last season it was even, this season Melo is better so far.

You're half right. This season Melo is definitely off to a better start, but last season it was not even close, at all. Durant had a better season then anyone in the league not named LeBron James, and even then, he was right there with LeBron.

Khalifa21
11-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Yes, because he is the better player.

Minimal
11-20-2010, 09:10 PM
You're half right. This season Melo is definitely off to a better start, but last season it was not even close, at all. Durant had a better season then anyone in the league not named LeBron James, and even then, he was right there with LeBron.
Why he had a greater season? Their stats were the almost the same. And Melo is better defender than Durant. Melo is a better player overall.

Baller1
11-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Why he had a greater season? Their stats were the almost the same. And Melo is better defender than Durant. Melo is a better player overall.

Durant scored much, much more efficiently, rebounded more, got to the line more, and defended much better.

Melo a better defender? It wasn't even close last year. I don't know which players you were watching.

JordansBulls
11-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Durant scored much, much more efficiently, rebounded more, got to the line more, and defended much better.

Melo a better defender? It wasn't even close last year. I don't know which players you were watching.

Last year Durant was clearly better.

rufo4100
11-23-2010, 09:52 PM
no...some of his stats might be a bit better but DUrant is a possible MVP

JordansBulls
11-26-2010, 12:21 AM
no...some of his stats might be a bit better but DUrant is a possible MVP

And Melo isn't?

Bullsfan22
11-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Westbrook is stealing the show from KD. I think melo continues to have the better year because of westbrook dominating the ball more than ever in his career.

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Westbrook is stealing the show from KD. I think melo continues to have the better year because of westbrook dominating the ball more than ever in his career.

:clap:

Chronz
11-27-2010, 04:09 PM
oh you Bulls fans

Funny how you 2 see it so different than whats been said, that Durants team has deferred to him too much. Now that they are being aggressive hes getting better looks.

LOL taking his shine

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 04:20 PM
oh you Bulls fans

Funny how you 2 see it so different than whats been said, that Durants team has deferred to him too much. Now that they are being aggressive hes getting better looks.

LOL taking his shine

:confused: