PDA

View Full Version : where does portland go from here?

Blazers#1Fan
11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
after 2 major players of the traiblazers team out where do we go from here?

John Walls Era
11-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Its a tough decision for sure: Rebuild or trade for a star or keep it as it is. GM Rich Cho (I think) seems like a smart guy, so I'm sure he'll turn it around.

masalex1205
11-18-2010, 07:19 PM
If the diagnosis comes back as bad as some people are saying about Portland then I think the best choice is to trade talent for young players and draft picks. Otherwise you end up in mediocracy which is worse than being bad b/c you don't get draft picks (see Charlotte Bobcats)

Sadds The Gr8
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Iguodala is apparently on the trade block. maybe a package of Pryzbilla/Oden, Batum, and a 1st for Iggy and Lou. Or maybe a 3rd team could get involved. (the trade pieces are prolly unlikely im just making **** up off the top of my head.)

Blazers#1Fan
11-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Iguodala is apparently on the trade block. maybe a package of Pryzbilla/Oden, Batum, and a 1st for Iggy and Lou. Or maybe a 3rd team could get involved. (the trade pieces are prolly unlikely im just making **** up off the top of my head.)

i would never do that trade i doubt are management would either maybe oden,miller,fernandez 1st for iguodala but trading away 2 centers and a young player like batum would hurt the team more then help even if bringing in carmelo

Blazers#1Fan
11-18-2010, 07:41 PM

but i would trade anybody not named aldridge,Batum,Matthews,Camby,johnson
but a player i would like to pick up would be josh smith

Camby
Aldridge
Smith
Batum/Mathews
Johnson

*Superman*
11-18-2010, 07:41 PM
To the Portland fourm? ;)

Just kidding. Sucks that Oden is out...again.

Blazers#1Fan
11-18-2010, 07:42 PM
To the Portland fourm? ;)

Just kidding. Sucks that Oden is out...again.

your telling me i dont get why they didnt do the surgery last season

KDM1986
11-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Build around Lamarcus Aldridge is pretty much the only choice. With Oden looking like he will never be healthy enough to play and Roy apparently beyond help. What choice is their. A good young pg would be a good start.

RaIDErsFTW
11-18-2010, 07:43 PM
lol pray for a miracle to happen

beasted86
11-18-2010, 07:44 PM
EDIT: double post

*Superman*
11-18-2010, 07:44 PM
I can't fathom how good Portland would be with Durant...:drool:

mvb815
11-18-2010, 07:45 PM
bomb this year, get a high draft pick, and come back firing for it all next year with oden and roy hopefully feeling better

beasted86
11-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Tank and hope to get the #1.

McMillan is too good of a coach to let even a Roy + Oden-less Blazers win less than 35 games, but he has to. The top prospects happens to be a PG (Irving) and SG/SF (Barnes) so it falls right in line with waiving Miller's option and/or trading Roy.

Offer Oden no more than his qualifying offer ($8.7M) x 2 years.

Sadds The Gr8
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
i would never do that trade i doubt are management would either maybe oden,miller,fernandez 1st for iguodala but trading away 2 centers and a young player like batum would hurt the team more then help even if bringing in carmelo
i didn't mean trade both of them, I meant trade Oden OR Pryzbilla

NYKNYGNYY
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
bring there talentless to south beach for the offseason
there a great team i feel bad for oden they would be a real threat

Blazers#1Fan
11-18-2010, 07:53 PM
i didn't mean trade both of them, I meant trade Oden OR Pryzbilla

oh cuz that'd suck to lose em both but i want to keep batum he has a bright future wish i could say that about oden & roy there injurys slowed this team down for last 2 seasons which kills me inside

i'm just hoping for harrison barnes being drafted by us which is probably unlikely but i think we will be a lottery team this draft

Sadds The Gr8
11-18-2010, 07:57 PM
oh cuz that'd suck to lose em both but i want to keep batum he has a bright future wish i could say that about oden & roy there injurys slowed this team down for last 2 seasons which kills me inside
yea they definitely need to keep at least one of the injured bigs they have so someone could backup camby. Batum is good but i'd give him up to get Iguodala if Portland wants to contend NOW. Lou is also a sick player to have as a 6th man.

i'm just hoping for harrison barnes being drafted by us which is probably unlikely and i think we will be a lottery team this draft

I doubt it. Portland can still be an 8th seed without Roy. They did well w/o him last year. Mcmillan is a sick coach. the worst that will happen to Portland this year is being narrowed out of the playoffs by a game or 2.

Carey
11-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Stand pat and trust what they've built, they are still a very good team, guys will step up and Roy with monitored mins is still better then most 2 guards in the league.

aussie
11-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Isn't the #1 prospect harrison barnes a SF

goblazers7
11-18-2010, 08:08 PM
We got this, don't worry. Batum is the future, right now were fine. Here's the way I look at it.

Roy<Matthews+Rudy
Camby>Oden

Remember Odens wasn't that good when he played with us. Screw that nicca

Mishmin
11-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Stand pat and trust what they've built, they are still a very good team, guys will step up and Roy with monitored mins is still better then most 2 guards in the league.

Right there. Looking top to bottom, they've got a solid squad. Let's not forget that Aldridge was the higher pick than Roy in the same draft, so obviously they saw him as a building block of the future. He's becoming very solid. And they have endless young talent. Watch Roy's minutes, and wait for one of the many youngs to become a stud... (keep an eye on Wes Matthews).

Carey
11-18-2010, 08:14 PM
We got this, don't worry. Batum is the future, right now were fine. Here's the way I look at it.

Roy<Matthews+Rudy
Camby>Oden

Not to mention Armon Johnson because Roy is essentially the backup pg, can u say loaded!

jkcronyn
11-18-2010, 08:43 PM
http://futurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/oscar-pistorius2.jpg

the doctor that sells those

zambo4president
11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Im so pissed. I took Roy with my 1st in fantasy. As far as them building, Batum and Aldridge gives them a nice forward combo, maybe get rid of some of the older contracts like Pryz and Miller and get a PG or C of the future. Trading Bayless looks so bad now.

zambo4president
11-18-2010, 08:47 PM

Roy<Matthews+Rudy
Camby>Oden

This just might be sig worthy. Still deciding.

clehmun
11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
http://futurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/oscar-pistorius2.jpg

the doctor that sells those

that joke is so bad taste that it's hilarious lol

Sixerlover
11-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Stand pat this year, and if adjustments are needed (more than likely will be) then deal with that in the offseason. Right now it is key for management to show the players that they trust them