PDA

View Full Version : Can the T wolves make the playoffs this year?

number1nykfan25
11-18-2010, 02:53 AM
I mean check out this team Beasley Brewer Love Darko Ridnour Telfair. No wat they are as ba as the record they have now very talented team i think!

airforceones25
11-18-2010, 03:00 AM
0% chance.

ElMarroAfamado
11-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Its the clippers...

Beastley8
11-18-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm a Wolves fan, and seeing what Love and Beasley are doing is really refreshing, especially considering the mess we had before, but to think they're a playoff team right now is a little much. Too many growing pains will occur throughout the season.

Could have a Thunder-esque type team next year, though.

drobe86
11-18-2010, 03:18 AM
Is there Ice Water in Hell?

Baller1
11-18-2010, 03:25 AM
:laugh2:

They will be at least 7.5 games back of the fourth place team in that division this year. I think so at least.

Mplsman
11-18-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm a Wolves fan, and seeing what Love and Beasley are doing is really refreshing, especially considering the mess we had before, but to think they're a playoff team right now is a little much. Too many growing pains will occur throughout the season.

Add Ricky Rubio next year and I'm seeing the same thing.

Not a playoff team yet, but we are stacking up some talent as the youngest team in the NBA. Avg. age 23 -/+.

I am impressed with our ability to score this season and 2 of our potential starters haven't played a game yet this year due to injuries (Jonny Flynn, Martell Webster). Both should be back within the month.

With his 33 points tonight (avg. 32 ppg last 6 games) Beasley broke into the top teens in scoring in the NBA. Between him and Klove The Wolves are going to have possibly two 20 points scorers this year, one which leads the league in rebounding. Beasley and Klove are going to be a force together for the next decade. Wolves fans are getting excited again for the first time since the Kg days, but not unrealistic, we have a very tough division and we know we still have to keep getting better.

Giraffes Rule
11-18-2010, 03:35 AM
There are 6 teams that I think are a lock to make the playoffs (Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Thunder, Jazz). I think the Suns will probably get there as well, leaving only one spot left. I guess they could make it to the playoffs, maybe.

Kobes a Killer
11-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Are you high?

Kobes a Killer
11-18-2010, 03:39 AM
On a second thought, I seriously underestimated the acquisition of Beasley, can anyone tell me why he wasn't doing this last year in Miami? With Rubio coming to town next year and the further development of Kevin love and Beasley...maybe next year Wolves fans. By the way what will/should they do with Flynn next year?

TanMidas
11-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Love the talent they have, Beasley showing why he was the number two pick and Kevin Love is playing out of his mind but, they still have a long way before they make the playoffs. Maybe two years and Ricky Rubio will do it!

Giraffes Rule
11-18-2010, 03:41 AM
On a second thought, I seriously underestimated the acquisition of Beasley, can anyone tell me why he wasn't doing this last year in Miami? With Rubio coming to town next year and the further development of Kevin love and Beasley...maybe next year Wolves fans. By the way what will/should they do with Flynn next year?

Probably easier to get cocaine in Miami than in Minnesota.

:cricket:

kmkottke9313
11-18-2010, 03:52 AM
I am a t-wolves fan and there is no way that they make the playoffs this year. I love the improvements that we have made but seriously the playoffs! Come on there is no way! We finally have a team to cheer for but we are looking at 2 or 3 years down the line before we make the playoffs. Maybe next year but we still dont have a center or a point guard. When we have a full healthy team with Rubio and Webster we can compete for the # 8 spot but still we have a ways to go. Rubio is going to go through growing pains in the NBA like all foreign players do and our defense is not playoff ready or even close to it. I love where we are going but we have to go a long ways before we are anything more than a 7th or 8th seed that gets dominated in the playoffs.

dodie53
11-18-2010, 04:08 AM
very high.

Fireworld
11-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Not yet, in two years.

AI4MVP
11-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Just wait til my boy Ricky Rubio gets the the league. The wolves will be one of the most feared young teams in the NBA with Ricky Rubio, Wesley Johnson, Michael Beasley, Kevin Love, Corey Brewer. Even the Darko is a very serviceable big man, and same with Pekovic. Bright future in Minnesota. Im glad i have some kind of representation with them as Im the biggest Ricky Rubio fan in the world

Raph12
11-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Looks good on paper and stats are pretty, but they can't pull out the W against good teams... Like the 2006 Sixers; AI put up 33-4-8-2 and C-Webb put up 20-10, but they still sucked.

Niro
11-18-2010, 04:41 AM
beasley and love are killing it...they wont make it though
with the addition of rubio they are going to be good

abe_froman
11-18-2010, 05:23 AM
in time,but not this year

Antipod
11-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Nope. but at least Love and Beasley are rocking )

satui10
11-18-2010, 06:03 AM
:laugh: hahahahAHAHAHA...no seriously....absolutely not...I would bet money against it and I like my money...I also don't think they are the best young team or even the best young team with the highest prospects...I would place (DEFinitely) Thunder, Wizards, and (just barely) the Grizzlies over them...and most certainly (considering on what u count as young) the Bulls over them...any day

drobe86
11-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Yea I could see them making it if the ENTIRE western conference got the plague. How can anyone talk about Twolves and playoffs when the only team they are better than is the Clippers. And we all saw how good of a game that was without 2 of the top 3 players on the Clippers..... Just sayin

Oefarmy2005
11-18-2010, 09:41 AM
0% chance. You need to be 10 games over .500 to win in the west, and the Wolves are a 10 games below .500 at best team. Now if they were in the east - they could get lucky, but not in the west.

PurpleJesus
11-18-2010, 10:10 AM
could they? I suppose

will they? absolutely not

this thread is about a year too early. Next year, the wolves will be a potential 7th or 8th seed.

reemy
11-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I wish :sigh:

Kashmir13579
11-18-2010, 10:49 AM
you forgot to mention Flynn and Wes Johnson.. if they aren't a playoff team this year they will next year. believe that. if they have any sorta coaching staff at all there is too much talent on that team to miss the playoffs.

redsox0717
11-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Are people under the false impression that the T'Wolves are a good team or something because Beasley and Love are playing decently? You could argue that they are the worst team in the NBA, as they have the worst point differential in the league. Saying that they even have a shot at the playoffs is comical to say the least.

reemy
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Are people under the false impression that the T'Wolves are a good team or something because Beasley and Love are playing decently? You could argue that they are the worst team in the NBA, as they have the worst point differential in the league. Saying that they even have a shot at the playoffs is comical to say the least.

Stats dont tell the whole story, most of that point differential came from the beginning of the season when Love and Beas wasn't consistent and did not have the confidence they currently have

Carey
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Good young pieces i think they are still trying to sort things out, let them grow.

Firebug
11-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Not this year, maybe in a few years they will be. Assuming that the team will keep the core players (Love, Beasley) in Minnesota - there will be possibilities that they'll be able to make to the playoffs.

jackdawson
11-18-2010, 12:20 PM
This forum is full of unnecessary hate.

As for this thread, they won't make it to the playoffs this year but I think they are pretty much set for the future. You add Ricky Rubio with their current young core and give them 2/3 more years. Beasley and Love will certainly be a destructive forward combo in the league for years to come. Not to mention they will get another high pick next year. They will be scary good in 3 years IMO.

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 01:24 PM
No way do we got to the playoffs this year, couple years.... i think so....

Hawkeye15
11-18-2010, 01:55 PM
this thread came 1-2 years too early. We are the youngest team in the NBA. Let Rubio come over this summer, and lets give them at least a season with him to gel, then the following year, we can talk about what seed the Wolves will be getting

HandslikeCarter
11-18-2010, 02:12 PM
ok why did the national media not see this talent in the off-season??

Chronz
11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
They rank 30th in SRS...... what do you think?

HoopsMachine
11-18-2010, 02:17 PM
no they just don't have a solid team composition, no solid interior defender, they have redundancy with love and Beasley who imo is playing out of position at SF, and the wings are poor shooters from deep. Maybe in a few years they will be a playoff team but that depends if they address those issues.

Chronz
11-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Looks good on paper and stats are pretty, but they can't pull out the W against good teams... Like the 2006 Sixers; AI put up 33-4-8-2 and C-Webb put up 20-10, but they still sucked.
C-Webb scored 1PT per Possession, thats not pretty and not conducive to winning when you account for as many possessions as he did.

tangent12
11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
They are a young up and coming team and that doesn't quite cut it in the Western Conference so... no. They are a good team with a bright future ahead of them in a tough conference, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

todu82
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
They're a team on the rise but no I don't see them making the playoffs at all this year. Probably by 2013 or 2014 but not 2011.

mikantsass
11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Arent they like 3-10 this year?

DoJoTheSlasher
11-18-2010, 04:06 PM
One word. NO.

Wait till Beasley plays against a real team, he will fall apart.

J_M_B
11-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Not yet. It's going to be a few more years until this team starts competing. They have great pieces in Love and Beasley, though.

They'll be a lottery team once again, but the T'Wolves are making progress.

J_M_B
11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
One word. NO.

Wait till Beasley plays against a real team, he will fall apart.

Beasley's a natural scorer. He can score in a variety ways. He's finally the #1 option. Allow him to take 20+ shots per game and he'll produce.

KDM1986
11-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Yeah it nice to see the Wolves finally getting out of the KG era and moving into the Beasley/Love era. Hopfully you guys can keep it up. Really a fun team to watch.

godolphins
11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
The answer is no

KDM1986
11-18-2010, 05:38 PM
PG-Ricky Rubio
SF-Michael Beasley
PF-Kevin Love

Next years lineup is looking good. Draft a C/SG and sign the other in free agency and the Wolves are going to be real scary.

drobe86
11-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Stats dont tell the whole story, most of that point differential came from the beginning of the season when Love and Beas wasn't consistent and did not have the confidence they currently have

Uhhh newsflash they still aren't consistent lol... It's been 10 games and they already out of it.....

KDM1986
11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Uhhh newsflash they still aren't consistent lol... It's been 10 games and they already out of it.....

Hater

fadedmario
11-18-2010, 06:46 PM
The T-Wolves are one of my favorite young teams. Love the talent and potential on that roster.

fadedmario
11-18-2010, 06:47 PM
PG-Ricky Rubio
SF-Michael Beasley
PF-Kevin Love

Next years lineup is looking good. Draft a C/SG and sign the other in free agency and the Wolves are going to be real scary.

Aren't Flynn and Wes Johnson pretty good too?

|x-M1NTy-x|
11-18-2010, 06:53 PM
i hate their jerseys.. sooo ugly.. solid team tho

Raidaz4Life
11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
lol.... not even close

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 06:57 PM
PG-Ricky Rubio
SF-Michael Beasley
PF-Kevin Love

SG-Wesley Johnson

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 06:59 PM

People forget we dont have our starting PG in Flynn, and we dont have our SG/6th man in Webster, losing those 2 big pieces to our rotation is huge.

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Dude, we are the youngest team in the NBA, and like i said above we dont have our starting PG or 6th man im assuming in Webster. Those are 2 pretty big pieces, and will make our rotation alot stronger.

jkcronyn
11-18-2010, 07:02 PM
after drafting your missing piece of a center or a sg you guys can maybe start building a bench but this is rude of me how could i ever talk any kind of ish about minnesota when they have the 19 year old wonder rubio? the boy who has no enthusiasm for basketball in minnesota and may someday half-*** you guys to the playoffs my god how rude! cool enjoy beasely who will be streaky if anyone starts paying attention to him. hes a player who will thrive under the radar and that could be it. and kevin love is the man but is not going to stay put, his talents too universal to sit around in minnesota. but yea good luck

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
^lol, dude, Beasley didnt thrive in South Beach as a 19 year old and was a 2nd or 3rd option when he needs to be a 1st option, kill him, the guy has found himself in minnesota, every game they keep saying "Beasley had a great game, but he is really inconsistent, watch him go for 4 pts tonight" and he keeps proving um wrong.

Lol, how is Love's talens to "universal" to stay in Minnesota? Just cuz the Wolves havent been good since KG left doesnt mean he wont stay put, Minnesota has a nice young team forming, they should be a playoff team in a couple-few years, OKC isnt a huge big time city, i dont see KD wanting to leave. And how do we need a SG? With our 4th pick this year we just got Wes johnson.

jkcronyn
11-18-2010, 07:07 PM
the kid about you said you need a sg so i d ont know im not up on the t wolves and i think love goes the way of bosh you guys have a couple playoff years and he dips out. and beasely is a punk. after being traded he's no longer the 2nd pick he's the dude who got traded to make room. it puts him under the radar and once people start putting pressure on him to win games, to make big shots he might crack. anyways he doesnt have champion in him he could turn out to be carmelo though

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
dude, i really dont see your logic in what your saying. he didnt flourish in a big city at 19 years old when he technically is in his college years and the media wouldnt leave him alone and he wasnt teh 1st option which he needs to be, in Minnesota, Beasley will flourish.

And for Klove, i highly doubt he leaves if Rambis mans up and gives him the minutes night in and night out that he deserves.

tbone2171
11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
after drafting your missing piece of a center or a sg you guys can maybe start building a bench but this is rude of me how could i ever talk any kind of ish about minnesota when they have the 19 year old wonder rubio? the boy who has no enthusiasm for basketball in minnesota and may someday half-*** you guys to the playoffs my god how rude! cool enjoy beasely who will be streaky if anyone starts paying attention to him. hes a player who will thrive under the radar and that could be it. and kevin love is the man but is not going to stay put, his talents too universal to sit around in minnesota. but yea good luck

Really mature

jkcronyn
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
also im not buggin or anything but how aren't you a twins fan if your about other minnesota teams? im a detroit native and would love to be rooting for the twins

jkcronyn
11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
and kevin love will not stay in minnesota for more than a contract extension i'd throw anything on that no one stays in minnesota, even garnett got outta there

WolvesJagsOs
^just never liked them, never been a Vikings or Twins supporter.

AI4MVP
dont forget this years draft.

you add Perry Jones or Harrison Barnes to Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Wes Johnson, along with a bench of talented players like Jonny Flynn, Wayne Ellington, Martell Webster.

Potential, in 2-3 years, with the lakers getting old, they'll be battling the Thunder as the best team in the West

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 07:13 PM
and kevin love will not stay in minnesota for more than a contract extension i'd throw anything on that no one stays in minnesota, even garnett got outta there

lol, thats because the Wolves did some stupid stuff in the end of the KG years. When your an upcoming young and some nice pieces team like the Wolves, why would you want to leave? that makes no sence.

Sadds The Gr8
11-18-2010, 07:13 PM
yea right....if the T-Wolves made the playoffs i'd chop my dick off...that's how sure i am that they wont make it.

WolvesJagsOs
11-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Also, i havent really paid attention to baseball much as of late, i really have never had a "fave team", but i got a relative that works for the O's so i sometimes pay attention to them.

KDM1986
11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
the kid about you said you need a sg so i d ont know im not up on the t wolves and i think love goes the way of bosh you guys have a couple playoff years and he dips out. and beasely is a punk. after being traded he's no longer the 2nd pick he's the dude who got traded to make room. it puts him under the radar and once people start putting pressure on him to win games, to make big shots he might crack. anyways he doesnt have champion in him he could turn out to be carmelo though

Yeah it had nothing to do with Wade not liking Beasley or the fact that he isnt suited to play PF in the nba. He is thriving as a SF and everyone talking crap about him is simply a hater.

KDM1986
11-18-2010, 07:38 PM
yea right....if the T-Wolves made the playoffs i'd chop my dick off...that's how sure i am that they wont make it.

I would never ever evvver make that bet, no matter how sure I was about anything.

jkcronyn
11-18-2010, 08:31 PM
eye sight

Badluck33
11-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves do not care about basketball.

fadedmario
11-18-2010, 10:34 PM
They're some haters in this thread. Minnesota has a good young team.

WSU Tony
11-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Rubio/Flynn
Wesley/Ellington/Webster
Beasley/Wesley
Love/Pekovic
Darko

Did I mention we have 3 potential 1st round picks and TON of cap room?

News24/7
11-18-2010, 10:54 PM
TON of cap room?

It's always great to have cap room, but not when no big time player would ever want to go to Minnesota.

fadedmario
11-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Haters.

PurpleJesus
11-18-2010, 11:04 PM
It's always great to have cap room, but not when no big time player would ever want to go to Minnesota.

its great to have cap room when you will need to spend it on your own players

Sixerlover
I'm not reading 5 pages, but I will sum the answer up for you.
No.

PurpleJesus
Minnesota Timberwolves do not care about basketball.

very funny sir.

WolvesJagsOs
11-19-2010, 10:20 AM

yeah, who would want to come here when we are winning 15 games a year and not much hope at all? I agree, but this year and the future, none of that is the case anymore.

king4day
11-19-2010, 11:28 AM
I thought the original post was a joke when mentioning Darko and Telfair.
Beasley was a steal and I was hoping the Bobcats coulda got him when they were supposedly close to dealing for him.
Not this year, but if Rubio joins next year, they will have a team that might lure free agents in the future.