PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat Kick Out Reporter For His Articles and Tweets about Lebron

jiggin
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Scott Raab, Writer For 'Esquire,' Banned from Miami Heat Arena: Report

The Miami Heat have reportedly banned Scott Raab, a writer for "Esquire," from American Airlines Arena, denying him media credentials along with access to players.

On Tuesday, Raab posted an email on his "LeBron Watch," which was sent from Tim Donovan, head of media relations for the Miami Heat.

"You are no longer welcome at our building and will not be credentialed moving forward," Donovan wrote.

Raab, a Cleveland native, has criticized LeBron James ever since he left Cleveland and signed with the Miami Heat.

Andrew Sharp of SB Nation wrote on Tuesday that Raab never misses "an opportunity to remind LeBron just how awful a person he is" and revealed a series of Raab's tweets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/17/scott-raab-banned-miami-heat_n_784782.html

Raab claims this article is what got him banned by Lebron, who took it to ownership because he can't take the "heat":

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/lebron-james/miami-heat-news-111510

jiggin
11-17-2010, 02:32 PM
here is the guys post on the email he received ect...

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/lebron-james/miami-heat-press-111610

davids22
11-17-2010, 02:34 PM
INB4LOCK

Seriously, ANOTHER LEBRON THREAD??? Post this in the Heat Forum

This is coming from a huge Lebron James fan too. This is only going to cause people to WHINE WHINE WHINE about Lebron being a "baby" or whatever. This is a huge bait thread.

EDIT: You actually read the Huffington Post? LOL

jiggin
11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
INB4LOCK

Seriously, ANOTHER LEBRON THREAD??? Post this in the Heat Forum

This is coming from a huge Lebron James fan too. This is only going to cause people to WHINE WHINE WHINE about Lebron being a "baby" or whatever. This is a huge bait thread.

EDIT: You actually read the Huffington Post? LOL

the heat kicking a reporter out of their building because of Lebron is big news. Its all over the net (including deadspin) and I think its something people will want to discuss.

As for the huffpost...yep. Only people i know that do not visit the site are super conservatives, which I want no part of. Its a liberal site...if your panties are too tight to view it, then move along. (besides, it ranked in the top 10 news sites on the net)

Gibby23
11-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Post the tweet that the writer sent Lebron:

At first glance, this seems like a massive overreaction. Plenty of writers have criticized James and the Heat throughout the last few months, including Yahoo!'s own Adrian Wojnarowski. Yet while Raab's not alone, few can match the rancor he's directed at James since he left the Cavs. Andrew Sharp has collected a number of his tweets at SB Nation, and here's just a taste:

But they haven't quit. Look in the mirror, motherf***er. You're a f**king loser and always will be. RT @KingJames Sanchez is wearing them down

That is what got him banned, and this wasn't the only tweet he sent him.

Giraffes Rule
11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
The man was being unprofessional and was harassing one of their players. I wouldn't let him in my building either.

Hoopsadvocate
11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
^ wow no wonder they banned the guy. If only we could do that for some peopleon psd.

Giraffes Rule
11-17-2010, 02:56 PM
^ wow no wonder they banned the guy. If only we could do that for some peopleon psd.

You don't have to, I'd never want to go to a Heat game anyways.

Double_R
11-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Post the tweet that the writer sent Lebron:

That is what got him banned, and this wasn't the only tweet he sent him.

That wasn't him, he isn't RT, he is Scott Raab, a very accomplished sports writer. With more talent than 99% of the writers in the sports industry.

Not saying I agree with all his statements, but he is far more talented than most of these mediocre writers.

tcav701
11-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Like your boys justinm, jake and jonathon?

Man are they unbearable.

Giraffes Rule
11-17-2010, 03:08 PM
That wasn't him, he isn't RT, he is Scott Raab, a very accomplished sports writer. With more talent than 99% of the writers in the sports industry.

Not saying I agree with all his statements, but he is far more talented than most of these mediocre writers.

RT = retweet, he was responding to something LBJ had tweeted (which was what was after the RT).

Hoopsadvocate
11-17-2010, 03:10 PM
You don't have to, I'd never want to go to a Heat game anyways.

i was referring to the post above u. not urs

Raph12
11-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Everyone needs to get off Lebron's jock, he's a Heat player, people don't like him, bla bla bla... Let's move on.

Hoopsadvocate
11-17-2010, 03:14 PM

Man are they unbearable.

I cant really say. Im referring to the people like this writer who spew vulgarities about a player and are overly critical for no valid reason. If those guys u mentioned do that about a player then sure. Ive never seen them do that though ive seen them get heated in the mist of protecting a player sure but not blatantly going out of their way to be a douche toward one particular player over and over and over again. those are the people who deserve it.

Gibby23
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM

RT means retweet. He writes for Esquire, that doesn't say accomplished and sports to me.

hyb152
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
This isn't a big deal. Lakers, Thunder, Mavs, Magic, etc would have done the same if a reporter was doing that about Kobe, Durrant, Nowitzki, Dwight, etc. He deserved to be banned for being unprofessional at his profession.

John Walls Era
11-17-2010, 03:30 PM
:facepalm: this is why journalism is dying. we got class acts like him running around.

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
if your a journalist in the national media, callin someone a F'ing loser is pretty bad, but I guess he said what many people are thinking exactly, but he still still as a professional shouldnt of said it.

Jonathan2323
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Man are they unbearable.

Im honored by your post. :bow:

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
His statement was correct, but the language he used was unprofessional. Banned for expressing himself tho is bizarre. "Freedom of speech" isn't there any laws on the books that protect that???

davids22
11-17-2010, 04:00 PM
As for the huffpost...yep. Only people i know that do not visit the site are super conservatives, which I want no part of. Its a liberal site...if your panties are too tight to view it, then move along. (besides, it ranked in the top 10 news sites on the net)

You just admitted you read a news site because it has a liberal bias. Why are people so ignorant these days? You really want your news fed to you with a bias? I sure as hell don't. Journalism is supposed to be UNBIASED and OBJECTIVE.

I've literally heard someone tell me they won't watch Fox News because it has a "conservative" bias but then tell me how glad he is that they have CNN on the air to balance it out with their liberal bias. How hypocritical can you be? You slam on someone for watching a bias news network that they favor only to do the same yourself? How about watch a fair neutral news show or read a newspaper that has differing viewpoints instead of just reading something you agree with already just to back up your sense of what you think is right in the world?

Sorry for the off topic.

davids22
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
His statement was correct, but the language he used was unprofessional. Banned for expressing himself tho is bizarre. "Freedom of speech" isn't there any laws on the books that protect that???

No, the Miami Heat is a private organization and they can kick out anyone from their arena if they think they are behaving in a disruptive matter. This reporter can slam on Lebron all he wants using whatever language he wants, but don't expect the Heat organization to let him into the AA Arena with a Press Pass whenever he sees fit to continue the same actions.

IB_Hyperizin'13
11-17-2010, 04:04 PM
There is the first amendment, free-speech, and all that but this guy who rights from esquire is an embarrassment to all journalists. Like I'm all for bashing as long as one does it tastefully; as well as give insightful opinions, but to call him the 'Whore of Akron'? If he had even written attention whore, I might be swayed to say its more tasteful, but after reading that article you can see it is just a personal attack, and for what? Has he met Lebron? Or is this guy just trying to get attention for being over the top and vulgar? Miami did the right thing by not provoking his privileges and Im sure any other team would of done the same.

NeutralFan
11-17-2010, 04:06 PM
You just admitted you read a news site because it has a liberal bias. Why are people so ignorant these days? You really want your news fed to you with a bias? I sure as hell don't. Journalism is supposed to be UNBIASED and OBJECTIVE.

I've literally heard someone tell me they won't watch Fox News because it has a "conservative" bias but then tell me how glad he is that they have CNN on the air to balance it out with their liberal bias. How hypocritical can you be? You slam on someone for watching a bias news network that they favor only to do the same yourself? How about watch a fair neutral news show or read a newspaper that has differing viewpoints instead of just reading something you agree with already just to back up your sense of what you think is right in the world?

Sorry for the off topic.

No such thing as a neutral news network. They all have an agenda.

daleja424
11-17-2010, 04:07 PM
this guy is not a journalist... he is a twitter punk...

How much you wanna bet he wouldnt say that crap to Lebron's face?

If he wants to buy a ticket...he is welcome at the AAA, but why would the HEAT give him the right to go for free as a "journalist" when he clearly isnt one...

daleja424
11-17-2010, 04:11 PM
here is the AOL fanhouse version of the story:
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/17/the-works-montas-desire-banned-in-south-beach-speeding-it-up/#raab

Double_R
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
RT means retweet. He writes for Esquire, that doesn't say accomplished and sports to me.

My bad I don't know what RT means because tweeting is just a lame as your comments. Listen sport I know your not well versed in what good writing is, but if you read anything that the guy posted, you would have realized that he is a good writer. Look up the dude's bio and then you will know what accomplished means and that isn't relevant to the point that I was making; that they let absolute nobodies in there and ban a guy who is actually a real writer.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
No, the Miami Heat is a private organization and they can kick out anyone from their arena if they think they are behaving in a disruptive matter. This reporter can slam on Lebron all he wants using whatever language he wants, but don't expect the Heat organization to let him into the AA Arena with a Press Pass whenever he sees fit to continue the same actions.

Well they better get used to it because the moment Miami is ousted from the playoffs, if they make the playoffs, I'm quite sure there are gonna be some reporters who are more vulger then that. smh.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 04:15 PM
this guy is not a journalist... he is a twitter punk...

How much you wanna bet he wouldnt say that crap to Lebron's face?

If he wants to buy a ticket...he is welcome at the AAA, but why would the HEAT give him the right to go for free as a "journalist" when he clearly isnt one...

who doesn't say horrible things about athletes that they wouldn't say in their faces? lol:facepalm:

daleja424
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
maybe if the guy acted professionally... the nba would not have banned him... but he isn't. He can take an anti-Lebron position without resorting to cursing, name calling, etc...

It doesnt matter how good of a writer he was... he isnt any longer

If a person is a good citizen for their whole life...and then they murder someone...they are no longer a good citizen...

daleja424
11-17-2010, 04:18 PM
who doesn't say horrible things about athletes that they wouldn't say in their faces? lol:facepalm:

PROFESSIONAL journalists...

davids22
11-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Well they better get used to it because the moment Miami is ousted from the playoffs, if they make the playoffs, I'm quite sure there are gonna be some reporters who are more vulger then that. smh.

IF they make the playoffs? Cmon now... :facepalm:

Gibby23
11-17-2010, 04:32 PM
My bad I don't know what RT means because tweeting is just a lame as your comments. Listen sport I know your not well versed in what good writing is, but if you read anything that the guy posted, you would have realized that he is a good writer. Look up the dude's bio and then you will know what accomplished means and that isn't relevant to the point that I was making; that they let absolute nobodies in there and ban a guy who is actually a real writer.

He isn't a sports writer and he insultued a player on the Heat just because he left the writers hometown team. the guy is a clown.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
PROFESSIONAL journalists...

was he on his time or his papers time when he said what he said???

DaBUU
11-17-2010, 04:39 PM
LBJ bashing is getting old, at this point he's become just another really good player in the league. At the moment neither him or the Heat deserve the press they're still getting.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 04:40 PM
IF they make the playoffs? Cmon now... :facepalm:

Why is that so far fetched? It's obvious that Bosh wasn't what many thought he was, it's obvious that they have NOOOO depth outside of the three little bears, and Wade is injury prone. They have everyone right now and outside of Orlando, they haven't been anyone special. now am I right or am I right?

daleja424
11-17-2010, 04:41 PM

If he was on his time and he just said it to his buddy...it wouldnt be a problem.

If you read the articles...you would know that is not the case.

He used his readership to attack a player... that is seriously unprofessional behavior...

godolphins
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
The Heat did the right thing banning that guy.

Giraffes Rule
11-17-2010, 04:43 PM

Doesn't matter. If you publicly make a statement that reflects poorly on yourself or your employer you're going to get punished.

And I'm sure the Heat will get to the playoffs. This is the East we're talking about, who's going to knock them out of the play offs?

daleja424
11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Why is that so far fetched? It's obvious that Bosh wasn't what many thought he was, it's obvious that they have NOOOO depth outside of the three little bears, and Wade is injury prone. They have everyone right now and outside of Orlando, they haven't been anyone special. now am I right or am I right?

...you are neither right nor right... you look pretty squarely like a person with an anti HEAT bias...

Anyone who looks at the HEAT, who lead the league in point differential, and sees a team that is going to miss the playoffs, has lost their credibility as a poster IMO.

It is pretty clear that you dislike the HEAT for some irrational reason or another and HOPE that they miss the playoffs... but if you actually believe that they will...:facepalm:

DaBUU
11-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Lebron-Wade is good enough alone to get them in. regardless the depth and Bosh

hugepatsfan
11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
They were 100% right to ban him. He was being an ***. If they threw out a guy for being objective and not sucking him off, that would be one thing. But the writer was acting like a fan. Fans don't get press passes.

daleja424
11-17-2010, 04:59 PM
precisely patsfan... if you are going to act like a fan...you should have to pay for a ticket.

AI4MVP
11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
omg. is this the third grade? move the **** on. so he called him a loser. he is. its watever. move on. im sure he doesnt care that much that hes banned from one arena.

daleja424
11-17-2010, 05:14 PM
omg. is this the third grade? move the **** on. so he called him a loser. he is. its watever. move on. im sure he doesnt care that much that hes banned from one arena.

Im pretty sure he does since:
a) He is trying to write a book about this season
b) He has since written an article complaining about being banned

hugepatsfan
11-17-2010, 05:14 PM
PSD has fallen so far that I am defending Lebron. That says something - and it isn't good.

tangent12
11-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I guess the truth hurt Miami.

Scott is one of the classiest and honest reporters in sports today.

KDM1986
Waste of a topic honestly who cares if they ban some reporter/writer from their arena. Im sure this isnt the first time someone has been banned from an sports venue.

Giraffes Rule
I guess the truth hurt Miami.

Scott is one of the classiest and honest reporters in sports today.

Yep, publicly calling a player a mother****er and a ****ing loser is super classy.

pebloemer
11-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Sorry for the off topic.

Sorry for continuing the off-topic, but ALL major news outlets carry a bias. It is impossible to avoid in the media. Any writer/reporter that claims opinion about an issue in their article is reporting with a bias. And good writer's include part of themselves and their opinions in their articles. It is what makes their article the least bit compelling.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 06:52 PM
...you are neither right nor right... you look pretty squarely like a person with an anti HEAT bias...

Anyone who looks at the HEAT, who lead the league in point differential, and sees a team that is going to miss the playoffs, has lost their credibility as a poster IMO.

It is pretty clear that you dislike the HEAT for some irrational reason or another and HOPE that they miss the playoffs... but if you actually believe that they will...:facepalm:

Credibility? lmao yeah sure I'm searching for that:rolleyes: Look, their point differential comes against teams with HOOORRIBLE records with the exception of the Magic.Their record is 6-4 and those four loses came against teams who are EXPECTED to make the playoffs. Now you may just one of those fans who look at names on the back of the jersey like MOST basketball fans I know but coming from a fan who was a fan watching players you only see highlight reels of and teams who actually played team ball, I actually pay way more attention to details then the names on paper. In your opinion means nothing when a poster points out facts. You're speculating and I'm looking at what I see so far from the Heat and I'm not impressed at all.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
If he was on his time and he just said it to his buddy...it wouldnt be a problem.

If you read the articles...you would know that is not the case.

He used his readership to attack a player... that is seriously unprofessional behavior...

Well his company didn't have a problem with it. If THEY did that's one thing, but he doesn't WORK for the Heat. He got banned for expressing himself and that reflection had nothing to do with his company. It had everything to do with The prideful Heat Organization.

daleja424
11-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Credibility? lmao yeah sure I'm searching for that:rolleyes: Look, their point differential comes against teams with HOOORRIBLE records with the exception of the Magic.Their record is 6-4 and those four loses came against teams who are EXPECTED to make the playoffs. Now you may just one of those fans who look at names on the back of the jersey like MOST basketball fans I know but coming from a fan who was a fan watching players you only see highlight reels of and teams who actually played team ball, I actually pay way more attention to details then the names on paper. In your opinion means nothing when a poster points out facts. You're speculating and I'm looking at what I see so far from the Heat and I'm not impressed at all.

...so name the 8 teams in the east that are better than Miami...

good luck...

jiggin
11-17-2010, 08:18 PM

Sorry for the off topic.

And name ONE unbias news source....

I tend to want to read writings from people who generally share the same opinion as me. Lying about it doesn't change anything...I find it better to know the bias going in rather than pretend it isn't happening, like yourself.

Write this down, there isn't a source out there that isn't politically or financially or socially influenced by some group who has an agenda. Being so smart about the news you should already know this