PDA

View Full Version : Landry Fields steal of the draft?

metsfanssince05
11-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Theres still a little more then 5 minutes left in the game, he has 21 points and 15 rebounds.

Its not just tonight, hes been playing consistant, he has very high IQ, he just looks great out there.

Any one suprised he got drafted so high?

PurpleJesus
11-17-2010, 12:31 AM
yeah, hes pretty decent. I think his ceiling is shane battier, which is a pretty good player, but a life long role player. Definetly a good find in the 2nd round. I think Jordan Crawford will become the SOD, but Landry has a shot as well

Giaps
11-17-2010, 12:34 AM
He reminds me of a more athletic Doug Christie.

Becks2307
11-17-2010, 12:34 AM
it has to be landry fields...its shocking how good he is playing add to the fact he is a 2nd rounder that most people did not have on their draft boards? damn

knicks09
11-17-2010, 12:42 AM
I was just about to make a thread about this. 21 points and 17 rebounds for a 2nd round pick is impressive as fck

Crackadalic
11-17-2010, 12:44 AM
the fact that he has 17 rebounds and amare has 6 bugs the hell out of me

Mudvayne91
11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
What about our non draft rookie Forbes? pretty damn impressive game himself.

Slimsim
11-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Our biggest bright spot is a second round pick What a ****ing Joke

uprightciti
11-17-2010, 12:51 AM
he is pretty tight

Crackadalic
11-17-2010, 12:54 AM
What about our non draft rookie Forbes? pretty damn impressive game himself.

yea id give him some props he killed us in the game

KnicksorBust
11-17-2010, 01:00 AM
He reminds me of a more athletic Doug Christie.

I saw you made this comparison in the Knicks forum. Pretty spot on for those of you who haven't seen him yet. There's nothing to dislike about his game. Constant motion on offense. Cuts through the lane. Athletic. Great on the fastbreak. Takes smart shots. Aggressive defensively. Rebounds. Solid Passer and ball handler. He's an all-around player and to find someone you can plug in like that in the 2nd round is extremely rare. Hell, most lottery picks don't even end up as starters and he's started every game of his career so far. Knicks fans (as you can tell :laugh: ) are already on board.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
I guess you can say steal...but he was averaging 20 pts a game at Stanford. He is only averaging 8 a game while starting a believe. He is a decent rookie.

BkOriginalOne
11-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Fields has been good, but Forbes is solid too (19 and 9 tonight) I wish he were more athletic, though.

tredigs
11-17-2010, 01:11 AM
He's going to be a solid 7th man on a contender some day. Good all around player, high IQ. Not much of a stat stuffer (though his rebounds were impressive tonight), but he's a good glue guy.

MIKE&IKE's
11-17-2010, 01:12 AM
also, top ten in fg%.... pretty damn solid

NYsFinest
11-17-2010, 01:13 AM
I guess you can say steal...but he was averaging 20 pts a game at Stanford. He is only averaging 8 a game while starting a believe. He is a decent rookie.

When you factor this game in hes averaging 11 pts and 7 boards and less than a TO per game, shooting 59% from the floor.
Just sad that the mid 2nd rounder that all us Knicks fans didn't want has been the most solid Knick all season.

king4day
11-17-2010, 01:24 AM
He's def up there. Prob won't know for sure until a couple years from now when the rest of the class either plays or is dropped from the league. But as of right now, I don't think anyone else comes close.
At this rate, he'll prob get some ROY votes.

el_primo_nano
11-17-2010, 01:26 AM
He is a beast. Good for him, shows that through hard work, anything is possible..

csenoner
11-17-2010, 01:29 AM

You have to look at his performance in comparison with his draft position to determine value, or if a player is a steal.

He is a top 5 if not top 3 rookie, and was drafted in the second round. The only rookies really outperforming him are john wall and blake griffin, two number 1 picks.

He killed it at stanford but for some reason pretty much every team overlooked him. some teams twice. some teams didnt even have him on their draft board. if this was the type of play he was expected to display after smashing it at standford, he would have been picked higher. no one expected this. probably not even donnie.

he is without a doubt a steal. it will take a while to see who all the steals and busts are, but as of right now, he is the steal. (forbes as an undrafted FA is impressive too.)

id say shane battier or doug christie are good comparisons. maybe even bruce bowen. but he is athetically superior to all of them. only time will tell if Fields will ever develop defensively to the point we can put him on the same level as those players.

SluggeR
11-17-2010, 01:39 AM
Fields reminds me of battier as well, but with a more diverse offensive game.

Crackadalic
11-17-2010, 01:46 AM

he is a steal considering almost nobody had him on there draft board and is performing well as a 2nd round pick

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 01:50 AM
You have to look at his performance in comparison with his draft position to determine value, or if a player is a steal.

He is a top 5 if not top 3 rookie, and was drafted in the second round. The only rookies really outperforming him are john wall and blake griffin, two number 1 picks.

He killed it at stanford but for some reason pretty much every team overlooked him. some teams twice. some teams didnt even have him on their draft board. if this was the type of play he was expected to display after smashing it at standford, he would have been picked higher. no one expected this. probably not even donnie.

he is without a doubt a steal. it will take a while to see who all the steals and busts are, but as of right now, he is the steal. (forbes as an undrafted FA is impressive too.)

id say shane battier or doug christie are good comparisons. maybe even bruce bowen. but he is athetically superior to all of them. only time will tell if Fields will ever develop defensively to the point we can put him on the same level as those players.

NOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOO!!! NOO!!! No way he is a top 3 or even top 5 rookie please take the biased Knick fan opinion you have and thing for a second.

John Walls Era
11-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Pretty solid player.

John Walls Era
11-17-2010, 01:51 AM

:laugh: lets not overrate him now.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 01:55 AM
:laugh: lets not overrate him now.

He went a little homer and way overated him but when you are 3-8 and have and have an OFF like that its easy to score.

zambo4president
11-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Callllled it!

Evolution23
11-17-2010, 02:03 AM
See the Sig

Kashmir13579
11-17-2010, 02:04 AM
the entire Knicks forum takes up the first page. guess we have to have something to be happy about..

Hunter48MVP
11-17-2010, 02:08 AM
he is a pretty good player

Chest Rockwell
11-17-2010, 02:24 AM
NOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOO!!! NOO!!! No way he is a top 3 or even top 5 rookie please take the biased Knick fan opinion you have and thing for a second.

Good job.

Also way to make an argument for your opinion...

ESPN has him ranked 4th right now in the rookie rankings. Obviously Griffin and Wall are on another level, but he's been playing very well and efficiently. BEFORE this game he was 5th in PPG and RPG and 3rd in EFF and those numbers will probably go up when tonight's game is factored in. So obviously Top 5 isn't laughable, maybe if you took your Nets bias aside you'd see that.

Niro
11-17-2010, 06:48 AM
great job drafting this guy by the knicks

xbrackattackx
11-17-2010, 09:42 AM
The Kid is good.
He has had some great moments for a rookie so far.
And he plays great D.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Good job.

Also way to make an argument for your opinion...

ESPN has him ranked 4th right now in the rookie rankings. Obviously Griffin and Wall are on another level, but he's been playing very well and efficiently. BEFORE this game he was 5th in PPG and RPG and 3rd in EFF and those numbers will probably go up when tonight's game is factored in. So obviously Top 5 isn't laughable, maybe if you took your Nets bias aside you'd see that.

He starts and plays big minutes on a bad team, he also rebounds the ball when no one else on his team can, as in 100 million Amare. I said he is decent but no way is he a top 10 rookie.

mjt20mik
11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
He was. He's a has a very high IQ for a rookie. Kudos to the Knicks for picking him up.

NYsFinest
11-17-2010, 12:41 PM
He starts and plays big minutes on a bad team, he also rebounds the ball when no one else on his team can, as in 100 million Amare. I said he is decent but no way is he a top 10 rookie.

Like Favors rebounds next to the 5.5 rebound per game Brook Lopez on the amazing Nets team? Where do you put the guy on your avatar then if Fields is beating him in every single possible statistical category?

tcav701
11-17-2010, 01:02 PM
A little off topic,

but the play of chandler and fields make it alot easier to package gallo for a star.

omdigga
11-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Landry Fields is the truth. Landry Fields is the answer. Landry Fields is the walrus.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Depends how you look at it, obviously there are guys that have more potential than him, but judging just on PERFORMANCE and not POTENTIAL he's def top 5 this year. Right now ESPN does have him #3 behind Wall & Griffin. NBA.com also has him at #3 or 4 I believe.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM

has nothing to do with it, the kid has flat out earned every minute he's gotten. Derrick Favors also plays for a bad team BTW.

He is easily a top 5 rookie right now, top 3 on most rankings actually. And what does Amare making $100m have to do with anything? NY has not been a bad rebounding team this year so thats irrelevant, he's not just playing alot of minutes and chucking shots, he has been one of the most efficient rookies thus far and is averaging 11ppg while having taken only 88FGA so far, thats a pretty amazing stat. I don't get your arguments...sounds like you are just talking smack TBH.

rhymeratic
11-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Quick Knicks, TRADE HIM for Carmelo!

lvlheaded
11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
I want to hold on to this kid. He seems to be one of those players GOOD teams need to have to make playoff pushes. See guys like Shannon Brown and Shane Battier

Slimsim
11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
He's our matt barnes

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Like Favors rebounds next to the 5.5 rebound per game Brook Lopez on the amazing Nets team? Where do you put the guy on your avatar then if Fields is beating him in every single possible statistical category?

This isnt about Derrick Favors? Why change the subject? I never said Favors was a top 5 rookie. I put him in my avatar because I like him, if Fields does better he will remain in my avatar..I am a Derrick Favors fan. Fields is a starter that gets how many minutes? Derrick favors averages 18 minutes a game and the past 2 has been getting 10 minutes a game. Please dont bring other people into this debate. For the last time Landry Fields is OKAY he is nothing special, I love it how Knicks for the last 10 years havent drafted a single good player other then Nate and one player they draft is doing alright on a bad team. I never once said anything about Favors so please dont let your emotions get the best of you and try to insult me.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 01:42 PM
has nothing to do with it, the kid has flat out earned every minute he's gotten. Derrick Favors also plays for a bad team BTW.

He is easily a top 5 rookie right now, top 3 on most rankings actually. And what does Amare making $100m have to do with anything? NY has not been a bad rebounding team this year so thats irrelevant, he's not just playing alot of minutes and chucking shots, he has been one of the most efficient rookies thus far and is averaging 11ppg while having taken only 88FGA so far, thats a pretty amazing stat. I don't get your arguments...sounds like you are just talking smack TBH.

Stop putting Favors into this discussion, I like him but I am not overating him this threat has nothing to do with him. I am not talking smack, I havent said one bad thing about him I said he is doing okay, but he is not a top 5 rookie I dont know how thats trash talking. What you said about Favors is trash talk.

Da Knicks
11-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Fields and Gallo only knicks who have a high b-ball iq on the team.

SouthSideRookie
11-17-2010, 01:49 PM
I haven't really had a chance to see much of Landry but I don't see why people compare him to players like Battier or Bowen, Kevin Martin had no problem going off on him in NY.

If Landry is getting big minutes or starting, that probably is a reason why the Knicks record is what it is. He has had good games but it's not good when a second round draft pick is probably your second best player.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Stop putting Favors into this discussion, I like him but I am not overating him this threat has nothing to do with him. I am not talking smack, I havent said one bad thing about him I said he is doing okay, but he is not a top 5 rookie I dont know how thats trash talking. What you said about Favors is trash talk.

its not about Amare either but you bought it up, if he's not a top 5 rookie this year name me 5 rookies that have played better.

all i said was Favors plays on a bad team also, i'm sure you wouldnt hold that against Favors. you're the one saying NY can't rebound and bringing up how much Amare makes for no reason.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I haven't really had a chance to see much of Landry but I don't see why people compare him to players like Battier or Bowen, Kevin Martin had no problem going off on him in NY.

If Landry is getting big minutes or starting, that probably is a reason why the Knicks record is what it is. He has had good games but it's not good when a second round draft pick is probably your second best player.

you somehow try to find a way to bash NY no matter what the thread is about...

Antipod
11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
On this crappy team almost any1 decent rookie will look like a ROY )
Nevertheless, bravos to the kid :)

SouthSideRookie
11-17-2010, 02:04 PM
you somehow try to find a way to bash NY no matter what the thread is about...

It's not my fault that everyone of your predictions have gone south. You have been claiming what great young talent the knicks have and when people disagree with you you start crying hate or bashing.

Aren't you the one that also said the knicks were better than the Rockets. Yeap, the Rockets do have about the same record as the knicks but their SOS has been alot tougher coupled with injuries, compared to the Knicks where some of their opponents have been borderline D league teams. Grow up kid and stop being so insecure, if you don't like hearing the truth then don't bring it.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 02:06 PM
its not about Amare either but you bought it up, if he's not a top 5 rookie this year name me 5 rookies that have played better.

all i said was Favors plays on a bad team also, i'm sure you wouldnt hold that against Favors. you're the one saying NY can't rebound and bringing up how much Amare makes for no reason.

I know Nets are a bad team, they are my favorite team and they are bad. But Favors isnt starting and isnt playing a lot like Fields. Fields rebounded the ball a lot I think he had 17 rebounds or something like that but Amare and Mosgov had a combined 8 rebounds or so. So that might be a reason he did. Ive watched all the Knick games so far except the ones that play during Nets games I can say Fields is one of those guys that doesnt help a team. He doesnt try to win the game I think he is scared to miss shots, he does nothing to win a game if he is wide open he will shoot it but if its teamates like Amare, Chandler, Gallo are struggling he wont try to score even if hes hot. He needs to be more aggressive in shot selection in my opinion. And also it seems like he fits well with Mikes system since they rush down the floor he wont sit in the 3 point line he will sit in mid range areas. If Mike is fired Fields game might decrease.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 02:10 PM
It's not my fault that everyone of your predictions have gone south. You have been claiming what great young talent the knicks have and when people disagree with you you start crying hate or bashing.

Aren't you the one that also said the knicks were better than the Rockets. Yeap, the Rockets do have about the same record as the knicks but their SOS has been alot tougher coupled with injuries, compared to the Knicks where some of their opponents have been borderline D league teams. Grow up kid and stop being so insecure, if you don't like hearing the truth then don't bring it.

wow you are one angry poster...take a chill pill man.

I do think NY has some good young talent, Chandler, Douglas, Gallo, AR, Fields.

I recall saying NY & HOU would have similar records yes, I don't recall saying flat out NY was better. Its 11 games into the season and their records are similar.

You just seem to go out of your way to find NY threads just to bash...like really, we get it, we've been bad, let us at least enjoy some of our young talent.

SouthSideRookie
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
wow you are one angry poster...take a chill pill man.

I do think NY has some good young talent, Chandler, Douglas, Gallo, AR, Fields.

I recall saying NY & HOU would have similar records yes, I don't recall saying flat out NY was better. Its 11 games into the season and their records are similar.

Whatever dude, seems like you just go looking into some teams forums and see if I post anything negative about the Knicks when clearly many other fans are of the same opinion and you for some reason only call me out on it.

JLMiles14
11-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I know Nets are a bad team, they are my favorite team and they are bad. But Favors isnt starting and isnt playing a lot like Fields. Fields rebounded the ball a lot I think he had 17 rebounds or something like that but Amare and Mosgov had a combined 8 rebounds or so. So that might be a reason he did. Ive watched all the Knick games so far except the ones that play during Nets games I can say Fields is one of those guys that doesnt help a team. He doesnt try to win the game I think he is scared to miss shots, he does nothing to win a game if he is wide open he will shoot it but if its teamates like Amare, Chandler, Gallo are struggling he wont try to score even if hes hot. He needs to be more aggressive in shot selection in my opinion. And also it seems like he fits well with Mikes system since they rush down the floor he wont sit in the 3 point line he will sit in mid range areas. If Mike is fired Fields game might decrease.

:facepalm: :facepalm: Wow this is really one of the most absured statments ive seen on here. You obviously have not watched one knick game. The kid plays with more heart and hustle then anyone on the knicks.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 02:18 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm: Wow this is really one of the most absured statments ive seen on here. You obviously have not watched one knick game. The kid plays with more heart and hustle then anyone on the knicks.

There are a lot of types of players in the NBA and I feel Landry Fields falls into the STATS are everything category. He puts up nice stats but doesnt help a team with it.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 02:18 PM

you gotta be kidding me? He's been arguably NY's 2nd best player. Did you see him in DEN last night? He did everything in his power to try to will NY to victory.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 02:20 PM
There are a lot of types of players in the NBA and I feel Landry Fields falls into the STATS are everything category. He puts up nice stats but doesnt help a team with it.

Fields is just the opposite of a stat-stuffer, i have no idea what games you have been watching. Al Harrington was a stat-stuffer. Fields is a guy who could care less about stats, he does all the little things and doesnt make mistakes. He gets his numbers because he makes the right plays and is always hustling after rebounds. NY doesn't call plays for him.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 02:21 PM
you gotta be kidding me? He's been arguably NY's 2nd best player. Did you see him in DEN last night? He did everything in his power to try to will NY to victory.

I saw, I dont know if it was him not trying to speak up or plays not being drawn for him but all of his plays seemed to be not in Mikes plans. He should have called for the ball when he was hot especially with Melo guarding him. When you are hot you demand the ball especially when you have Chandler and Gallo cold from 3 point territory.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I saw, I dont know if it was him not trying to speak up or plays not being drawn for him but all of his plays seemed to be not in Mikes plans. He should have called for the ball when he was hot especially with Melo guarding him. When you are hot you demand the ball especially when you have Chandler and Gallo cold from 3 point territory.

he's not a "go to guy", that doesn't mean he doesnt help teams win.

DoMeFavors
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
he's not a "go to guy", that doesn't mean he doesnt help teams win.

I know but he could have called for he ball, and nothing against Fields but if I had a chance to pick rookies for my team I would probably pick a dozen before I even considered Landry Fields. I think what he does now is what he will be his entire career. Just that guy that brings energy and doesnt do anything spectacular just like one of the Knicks commentators said. He was a senior last year I think what he is doing now in NY is what he is going to be doing his entire career. Its not bad for a 2nd rounder but being the 2nd best player on the Knicks...thats not true maybe 2nd best player last night.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I know but he could have called for he ball, and nothing against Fields but if I had a chance to pick rookies for my team I would probably pick a dozen before I even considered Landry Fields. I think what he does now is what he will be his entire career. Just that guy that brings energy and doesnt do anything spectacular just like one of the Knicks commentators said. He was a senior last year I think what he is doing now in NY is what he is going to be doing his entire career. Its not bad for a 2nd rounder but being the 2nd best player on the Knicks...thats not true maybe 2nd best player last night.

thats what GM's seem to think on draft night, thats why alot of 4 year guys get passed over because another player just because the other player is a year or two younger.

Fields is only 22, don't think he's gonna be a star but surely he will improve. Maybe you can take 12 guys over him on potential, but again based on performance he's been a top 5 rookie easily. And If this is what he is i'll take it, 11ppg 7rpg, 58% shooting, and no turnovers. thats a good player.

Over the past 4 games he's been getting 30mpg+ and his stats are even better, 15ppg & 10rpg. before he was getting around 20mpg. for the season he's at 28mpg.

Slimsim
11-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Whatever dude, seems like you just go looking into some teams forums and see if I post anything negative about the Knicks when clearly many other fans are of the same opinion and you for some reason only call me out on it.

You are one of the few Poster That stand out in my mind that loves Bashing the Knicks.

JLMiles14
11-17-2010, 02:59 PM
You are one of the few Poster That stand out in my mind that loves Bashing the Knicks.

I'll second that

Infamous916
11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Fields is a legit rookie.

Too early to crown him steal of the draft. If he continues to keep it up then we can talk about it in a month from now

John Walls Era
11-17-2010, 03:34 PM
He is not anywhere near Battier. I don't get the comparisons. Battier is smarter and a much better defender.

bkmikeyy
11-17-2010, 03:35 PM

I don't undertand how considering taking the 39th pick of the draft in the late lottery not a steal. I don't think you understand the forum when you go off saying that he doesn't take over games. Nobody wants mid 2nd rounder taking over games 11 games into his career. He has been one of the 4-5 best rookies this early into the season and of course he wont remain that way because some players with higher ceilings will step up but he has proven he deserved to be a 1st round pick when most teams didn't have him on their draft boards... sounds like a pretty big steal to me. if they had a redraft today he would probably wind up getting drafted in the mid first round.

Da Knicks
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM

lmao dude i will ignore your posts from now on.:D

SouthSideRookie
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM

Ok Kids, im going to live up to this so called basher. Get a life idiot.

Crackadalic
11-17-2010, 04:30 PM
people say he is a steal because nobody expects him to do well at all especially a 2nd round pick how many players perform well and play there roll like there suppose to unlike some rookies that try to do too much and hurt the team even more Wall,Griffen,Wes,Evan Turner,Favors,and Cousins are better rookies then Fields but Fields has been outperforming most of them so far hence why he is getting peoples attention nba.com already has him rank third among rookies so far behind wall and blake with espn having him at forth just give credit where credit is due and please i dont want anybody saying he is playing on a bad team how many rookies are playing on bad teams and wind up ROY or all rookie first teams if it were like that jennings should have won and not Terek last year

Giaps
11-17-2010, 04:31 PM
This DoMeFavors kid doesn't sound like he's watched Fields play once calling him a stat guy that doesn't win games. LOL ok bro.

nycericanguy
11-17-2010, 04:33 PM
people say he is a steal because nobody expects him to do well at all especially a 2nd round pick how many players perform well and play there roll like there suppose to unlike some rookies that try to do too much and hurt the team even more Wall,Griffen,Wes,Evan Turner,Favors,and Cousins are better rookies then Fields but Fields has been outperforming most of them so far hence why he is getting peoples attention nba.com already has him rank third among rookies so far behind wall and blake with espn having him at forth just give credit where credit is due and please i dont want anybody saying he is playing on a bad team how many rookies are playing on bad teams and wind up ROY or all rookie first teams if it were like that jennings should have won and not Terek last year

good point, most ROY players on are bad teams, Griffin & Wall are the only rookies ranked ahead of Fields and they are on worse teams.

ESPN moved him up to #3 BTW

Meatmypet
11-17-2010, 05:29 PM

You are as clueless as one can be. Fields doesn't play with the ball. He just stands out with the little things that he does on the court and takes good shots. Not to mention his exquisite timing with rebounds/put-backs.

Being a rookie, drafted with the 39th pick, starting at shooting guard, shooting with a 59% accuracy from the floor. He's earned his minutes and is outplaying many others drafted ahead of him thus far.

Giving him a top 3-5 slot on the rookie ladder thus far into the season is definitely not out of the equation right now.

Knickrocketsfan
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
He is not anywhere near Battier. I don't get the comparisons. Battier is smarter and a much better defender.

:facepalm: lmao... battier is not smarter than fields, maybe his BBIQ is higher at this point but feilds is the smarter person. Yes shane is a better defender but you can say that about a lot of ppl when u compare them to shane

CostanzaNumba0
11-17-2010, 05:47 PM
There are a lot of types of players in the NBA and I feel Landry Fields falls into the STATS are everything category. He puts up nice stats but doesnt help a team with it .

you need to read what your writing before posting because you couldnt be more wrong on this subject

Giaps
11-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Why anybody is trying to downplay a rookie picked 39th playing solid ball (who was not even in the "experts" top 100) as if this sort of thing is normal is just dumb. He is 3rd as far as performance goes and even if he ends up top 10, that is great for a 2nd round "bad pick".

And I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about when discussing guys I've never seen play so some people should follow that advice as well.