PDA

View Full Version : I Dont Understand This Talk Of Too Many Minutes?

JasonJohnHorn
11-16-2010, 11:25 PM
LeBron James is actually playing the fewest minutes per game of his career, yet he has made comments about minutes, and nba.com has an article about both he and Wade playing too many minutes? Wade is playing the fewest minutes per game that he has played since his rookie season?

It seems weird considering James has actually lead the league in minutes played before with over 42 minutes a game, and has averaged over 40 minutes per game 4 times in his career. right now he is playing 5 minutes less than his career high! Wade is playing almost 4 minutes less per game than his career high?

Is there a reason people are making a big deal about minutes? I realize in the Boston game when they were down, they did play a lot of minutes, but outside of that one game they have actually been playing the fewest minutes each has played in years!

I jsut dont understand all the talk about minutes? Especially when Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, Wesbrook (three guys on the same team, Rondo, Ray Allen (who is deep into his 30's, making it two guys on Boston), Lual Deng and Joakim Noah (again, two players on the same team), and several others, are all getting more minutes per game than Wade or James? Seriously?

xabial
11-17-2010, 12:06 AM
uhm its Lebron?

hugepatsfan
11-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Lebron made an excuse for his poor 4th quarter play that game. It is what it is. No need to discuss what a douche he is every day. Just on Mondays and Fridays - today is Tuesday.

godolphins
11-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Another Lebron thread :laugh:

Raph12
11-17-2010, 01:43 AM
He needed someone to blame, now that he's on a top team talent-wise (even without him), he needs to blame it on someone else when they lose... Call out the coach after losing Lebron, classy.

jackdawson
11-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Yes, **** LeBron :rolleyes: (Why didn't you come to my team :cry:)

Raph12
11-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Yes, **** LeBron :rolleyes: (Why didn't you come to my team :cry:)

You know as well as I do that he ruined his legacy...

John Walls Era
11-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Put this in the Lebron Forum...

Sorry, I forgot thats what the NBA forum is called now.

asandhu23
11-17-2010, 02:18 AM
lol. he's such a crybaby.

Monta Ellis on the other hand lead the league with 41.4 mpg last year with a still healing ankle and this year he is playing 39.2 mpg.

NothingbutWill
11-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Excuses.

He has no one to blame but his horrible bench and his coach that has absolutely no idea what he's doing with this sort of line up.

Cubs Win
11-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Lebron made an excuse for his poor 4th quarter play that game. It is what it is. No need to discuss what a douche he is every day. Just on Mondays and Fridays - today is Tuesday.

Hahaha I think there should legitimately only be certain days when LeBron can be brought up for non-basketball/less important reasons in the NBA forum with the threat of infractions/bans. This is getting kind of ridiculous. We all know he's an *** already.

Melo15
11-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Did you see when LeBron shot the 3 off the side of the backboard? LeBron isn't allowed to do that, therefore it had to be he was playing too many minutes.

TopsyTurvy
11-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Lebron has 22485 minutes played in the NBA so far over his 8 seasons so far. How many more does he have left?

I certainly wouldn't want him playing minutes where the team would be better served by conserving some of his time on the court - especially if you're looking to make a post-season run.

LayZbone
11-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Ok I'm too lazy to look up the minutes but I'm gonna go by what I've seen.

In the games that we've won, they've pretty much all been blowout victories where Lebron gets 4th rests. That's probably why his career mpg is down. But in all of our close games (the losses) Lebron has probably had to log in some serious minutes.

Lebron starts games (obviously), and rather than normal teams who let their stars rest and play a traditional bench for extended periods of the game, Lebron is heavily featured with the 2nd unit to open up 2nd quarters.

Wade and Bosh are the 1st to get rests, and Lebron plays with Z, UD, JJ, House. That's been the case in nearly every game. Essentially, we have Lebron coming off the bench. And then of course he has to close out the games that aren't blowouts. We do rely heavily on Lebron, because he has adjusted nicely and he's the best player on the team. When Mike Miller comes back, Lebron will probably get more rest. It also depends on how quickly this team can work out the chemistry kinks, so that other lineups that don't feature Lebron can log some good minutes. As it stands now, Lebron is balling with that 2nd unit.

Dol-Fan
11-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Ok I'm too lazy to look up the minutes but I'm gonna go by what I've seen.

In the games that we've won, they've pretty much all been blowout victories where Lebron gets 4th rests. That's probably why his career mpg is down. But in all of our close games (the losses) Lebron has probably had to log in some serious minutes.

Lebron starts games (obviously), and rather than normal teams who let their stars rest and play a traditional bench for extended periods of the game, Lebron is heavily featured with the 2nd unit to open up 2nd quarters.

Wade and Bosh are the 1st to get rests, and Lebron plays with Z, UD, JJ, House. That's been the case in nearly every game. Essentially, we have Lebron coming off the bench. And then of course he has to close out the games that aren't blowouts. We do rely heavily on Lebron, because he has adjusted nicely and he's the best player on the team. When Mike Miller comes back, Lebron will probably get more rest. It also depends on how quickly this team can work out the chemistry kinks, so that other lineups that don't feature Lebron can log some good minutes. As it stands now, Lebron is balling with that 2nd unit.

That's how minute allocations always work...the Cavs had their fair share of blowout games last year where he sat out the 4th just like they had close games where he played 42+. It's the way the NBA works, especially with very good teams that tend to blow out others in their victories. In this case, LBJ is just deflecting blame, plain and simple.

jackdawson
11-17-2010, 07:42 AM
You know as well as I do that he ruined his legacy...

Sure by not going to your team he certainly ruined his legacy :rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 07:53 AM

you do know his team is the first place magic right?

millerandco
11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
theres a reason skip bayless calls him PRINCE james

xsafrsdtgdeds
11-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Welcome to our website : ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

Exactly Price depend on the amount you order , more order more discount !

NFL($16), NBA($15.00), NHL($28.00), MLB($17.00)

1)Payment :Paypal, T/T , western union, moneygram

2)Express shipment : DHL, UPS, EMS, TNT

3)Delivery time:3-6days to received your order in hand

4)Customs : Promise the duty if detained we resend or refund

5)Policy: Anything has quality problem , we refund
All Jersey's Names, Numbers, Patches, & Logos 100% Sewn.
NOTHING SILKSCREENED!

( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

Sly Guy
11-17-2010, 09:48 AM
it's a good question, one I think that should be posed to LeBron.

OA SLAY
11-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry, i got lost!

cambovenzi
11-17-2010, 10:06 AM
You didnt know?
After you sign a big contract you are no longer expected to have to play basketball.

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2010, 10:54 AM
This certainly wasnt meant to be a LBJ thread. I made sure to note that nba.com had an article about Wade and LBJ both getting too many minutes, but I was also sure to mention teams that have two or more players playing more minutes than either.

There are som teams that lack depth, like the Thunder, who also have very talented starting line ups (akin to the Suns Nash/Amare/Marion/Johnson/Richardson line up, and the Piston's Billups/Hamilton/Prince/McDysse/Wallce line up). They dont have depth and their top three players, Durant, Westbrook and Green are all among the league leaders in minutes-per, which you gotta give props to those guys for the kind of conditioning they need to have.

Props also going out to Rondo AND Allen? Allen is the oldest guy among the league leaders in minutes and he's got ten years on LBJ. you gotta have repsect for the kind of conditioning Ray Allen has where he can be among the league leader in minutes played deep into his 30's.

But teams like those Suns and Pistons teams fizzled out during the playoffs. The Suns lost Johnson to injury, which in my opinion made the difference between them winning the title and exiting the playoffs. The Pistons just ran out of gas against the Heat and the Cavs after they won the title and saw Flip Suanders (with little else to do during the regular season than play his vets) give max minues to his best players.

Playing guys long minutes puts a lot of stress on a player. Guys who log those kinds of minutes are prone to injury (look at Jordon, missed almost and entire season early in his career logging heavy minutes). Yao ming is an extreme case, but it is clear if he is playing anything over 30 minutes a game for an entire regular season his body breaks down, but if he is kept to limited minutes as he was his first couple of seasons, his body can handle this.

I was hoping this would be a discussing more about guys who get a lot of minutes and how those minutes impact a player, as well as why there is so much talk about some guys getting too many minutes while others guys, who are playing more minutes, arent getting the proper respect for the efforts they are putting out on a nightly basis for their respective teams.

Raph12
11-18-2010, 01:14 AM

No he ruined his legacy by going to the only team with available cap space that already had a better leader, than he is, on it.

If he went to Orlando, the league would be a wrap; dude it's not my fault Wade can't be that type of force Dwight is.