PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat Organization Subtly Calling out Fans?

shep33
11-16-2010, 04:16 PM
It's weird that people aren't in their seats for this team. But then again, maybe if they made some of their games more affordable to go to... I thought I read that their tickets went up bigtime in price somewhere? Anyways here's the link... Fan up.

Heat website:

http://on.nba.com/9nOObw

Some Cleveland article on the strategy... actually makes some decent points

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15262

Sucks though... they should just occupy those seats with fans at the door. Can Heat fan's living in Miami explain what's going on? I'm not trying to bash, just want an inside perspective from people actually in miami. Thanks. Private message me if you want.

jiggin
11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
wow, that is really sad. Figures, so many band wagoners...

this quote is sad yet true:

That’s right…. after landing the top 3 free agents in the most coveted free agent class in NBA history, the fans have been unenthused, absent, and well, typical Miami fans. Miami and Florida fans for years have had the reputation of being one of the worst fan bases in the country and the facts support it.

footballer2369
11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
The ticket prices nearly quadrupled during a recession and scalping is legal in Miami...

That simple...

shep33
11-16-2010, 04:34 PM
The ticket prices nearly quadrupled during a recession and scalping is legal in Miami...

That simple...

That sucks... unfair to the real fans out there. Haha if there was ever time to change a law why not now... seriously, its embarassing for that organization. That sucks bigtime...

Hawkeye15
11-16-2010, 04:34 PM

That simple...

seriously, with the collapses economy and families not having tons of expendable income, who can afford to go to those games?

What about historically though?

Delrayhc
11-16-2010, 04:36 PM
seriously, with the collapses economy and families not having tons of expendable income, who can afford to go to those games?

Yep..... Ticket prices are insane plus there is no team in this country that can compete with our beaches/beach nightlife.

News24/7
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM

i would agree with this but look at where they live...Miami. It's not like they live in Austin Texas or Harlem NY, they live in Miami. If they can afford to live in a city like that, they should easily be able to afford a heat game or 2.

redsox0717
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Florida fans just aren't good when it comes to supporting their teams. I don't buy the economy argument, because it's not like Florida is the only state experiencing the recession.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
i would agree with this but look at where they live...Miami. It's not like they live in Austin Texas or Harlem NY, they live in Miami. If they can afford to live in a city like that, they should easily be able to afford a heat game or 2.

not all of Miami is nice. Trust me

Hawkeye15
11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Florida fans just aren't good when it comes to supporting their teams. I don't buy the economy argument, because it's not like Florida is the only state experiencing the recession.

I meant that largely in relation to jacking up ticket prices to an insane level. Many teams have started to offer more affordable packages to keep fans coming in the last year or two

jiggin
11-16-2010, 04:42 PM

other teams aren't having a problem filling their stadiums during this same recession.

scalping being legal should HELP fill the stands, as scalpers do not want to fit the bill for an unsold seat (unless they are official Heat brokers, then they don't give a crap).

jiggin
11-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Yep..... Ticket prices are insane plus there is no team in this country that can compete with our beaches/beach nightlife.

LOL yeah, that is why...LA and NY fill their stadiums and I bet MANY would argue with you about the beaches and nightlife "opinion".

come on...

News24/7
11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
not all of Miami is nice. Trust me

i know i've been there too. Liberty city sucks :mad:

DaBear
11-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Miami is fairweather. A few losses and they all jump ship.

yanks19791024
11-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Also half of Florida is senior citizens

D1JM
11-16-2010, 04:47 PM
they wouldnt fill up the seats last season, now that the prices went up they wont

goeatfish63
11-16-2010, 04:48 PM

actually it does have alot to do with why this situation is happening, opening day tickets against in the very top like bak against the wall were going for about 150 each. it is impossible for fans to pay close to $200 per ticket to see ants. those seats where at $20 last season

jiggin
11-16-2010, 04:49 PM
This article says ticket prices are back down to a more "normal level" now..:

Just weeks after ticket prices for the Miami Heat shot through the roof, they seem to be in a freefall.

Both primary and secondary markets are showing signs that the monster ticket prices from early in the season are a thing of the past. While home games against some top teams are still hot at the box office (Ticketmaster was selling seats in the rafters for the game with the Celtics Thursday, November 11, for over $100 each), fans grabbed tickets for the team's November 9 game against the Utah Jazz for as low as $10.

seems high ticket prices are for big name teams and rivalries. Same as every other team in the NBA...so what is the problem again with filling up the stadium?

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Miami-Heat-ticket-prices-come-back-to-earth111012943

sounds like LBJ isn't the only one making excuses in Florida.

the Heat's away games pricing much higher, with matchups against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Toronto Raptors and James' former team the Cleveland Cavaliers all starting at $100 or more.

these stadiums don't have a problem selling out on those games...hmmm...

News24/7
11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
actually it does have alot to do with why this situation is happening, opening day tickets against in the very top like bak against the wall were going for about 150 each. it is impossible for fans to pay close to $200 per ticket to see ants. those seats where at $20 last season

I don't see the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Yankees, Red sox, and pretty much every other big sports team having this problem...

mikantsass
11-16-2010, 04:53 PM
If the Heat players are looking for fan support then they should sign with NY, CHI, LA, BOS, a Texas team etc...

goeatfish63
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't see the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Yankees, Red sox, and pretty much every other big sports team having this problem...

dallas cowboys have this same problem

lvlheaded
11-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Look at the Rays and Marlins, these teams can't fill stadiums even when they are on the verge of WS seasons. The year the Rays went to the WS, their stadium was never full, ever. Most of the Miami population is older people who couldn't care less about sports. Frankly, Miami isn't the best sports city, which sucks for the teams loyal fans. Add the ridiculous ticket prices and viola.

kswissdaf
11-16-2010, 04:56 PM
OMG lol. You guys are pathetic. If you dont like us why do you constantly talk about us

jiggin
11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
OMG lol. You guys are pathetic. If you dont like us why do you constantly talk about us

its made many a website, this information. this was just information shared.

if you don't like how your state represents 'your' team...don't get upset with us.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding.

The_905
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM

Ah, what?

jiggin
11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
If the Heat players are looking for fan support then they should sign with NY, CHI, LA, BOS, a Texas team etc...

????

Portland trailblazer fans have LONG been known as one of the best in the business. Selling out for exhibition games and scrimmages...that is what its all about.

I can't remember what top analyst it was, but he said he was completely floored when he went out to the concession level at the rose garden to find it was a complete ghost town...EVERYONE was in watching the game.

BALLER71
11-16-2010, 05:02 PM

Well clearly some players don't give a damn about fan support because we managed to sign the top 2 free agents and re-sign the 3rd best player in the league.

News24/7
11-16-2010, 05:02 PM
????

Portland trailblazer fans have LONG been known as one of the best in the business. Selling out for exhibition games and scrimmages...that is what its all about.

I can't remember what top analyst it was, but he said he was completely floored when he went out to the concession level at the rose garden to find it was a complete ghost town...EVERYONE was in watching the game.

this. That and Washington Redskins had the most sold out games for practicully 40 years in the NFL. You don't need to be a big market like NY or LA.

footballer2369
11-16-2010, 05:03 PM
And all you morons insulting the fanbase fail to realize that 100% of the tickets to home games have been sold and we're 5th in attendance nationally.... Ahead of the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics and other historically top 5 teams in attendance.

footballer2369
11-16-2010, 05:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

jiggin
11-16-2010, 05:05 PM
And all you morons insulting the fanbase fail to realize that 100% of the tickets to home games have been sold and we're 5th in attendance nationally.... Ahead of the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics and other historically top 5 teams in attendance.

probably has to do with # of seats available to sell.

The proof will be more in the final #'s than now...but good point. If you have more seats in your stadium and don't sell out, it may seem like you have less fan support but in reality, you just have more seats in the stadium.

then again, it makes it sting worse. If the tickets are already sold and people are just not showing up, leaving early ect... that says something...

footballer2369
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
All of the seats are sold...whether or not people are showing up, scalpers are able to resell the tickets to interested spectators, or people are coming late is another issue entirely...

mvb815
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
i live in south florida, i know why.

the stadium is not in a nice area, the surrounding area is covered with homeless people, it's actually pretty scary that you have to pay 40 dollars for good parking, or risk getting your windows smashed in.

i went to a heat, pacers game 5 years ago and a homeless guy actually acted as a parking official and tricked my mom into parking in a tow away zone, so it ended up costing her 20 for parking and 125 for getting her car back.

on top of this, ticket prices are insane, i went to a raptors heat game last year and could only afford upper deck tickets, they were 50 bucks a piece. i could only imagin how much they are this year.

add scalpers to the mix and this is why the miami heat can't fill their seats.

Bigbadmoffo
11-16-2010, 05:08 PM
I think Lebron might have really did some damage to his name. The agent of these three needs to get fired. Let's bring 3 top 10 players to a franchise that has one of the lowest fan bases.

goeatfish63
11-16-2010, 05:10 PM

the stadium is not in a nice area, the surrounding area is covered with homeless people, it's actually pretty scary that you have to pay 40 dollars for good parking, or risk getting your windows smashed in.

i went to a heat, pacers game 5 years ago and a homeless guy actually acted as a parking official and tricked my mom into parking in a tow away zone, so it ended up costing her 20 for parking and 125 for getting her car back.

on top of this, ticket prices are insane, i went to a raptors heat game last year and could only afford upper deck tickets, they were 50 bucks a piece. i could only imagin how much they are this year.

you nailed it perfectly. i hate the area the arena is in. parking is so annoying and cost u half of wut the ticket does. its insane

jiggin
11-16-2010, 05:15 PM
you nailed it perfectly. i hate the area the arena is in. parking is so annoying and cost u half of wut the ticket does. its insane

well if all the seats are already sold, and they are not sold to "miami heat brokers", then that makes no sense. If you hate the area and hate the parking, you wouldn't buy tickets at the start only to say F it later. The % of "fans" doing that would be very small...AND...would speak volumes about them actually being "FANS".

h2r09
11-16-2010, 05:16 PM
i have season tickets and our fans are extremely pathetic. not only do they always arrive 6 minutes into the game, but they take an already way to long halftime and dont come back done until like 6 minutes into the 3rd. its pathetic. they have been great for the big games like orlando and boston but the other games have been horrible at best.

footballer2369
11-16-2010, 05:17 PM

haggis
11-16-2010, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the insight. This happens every year in Chicago, scalpers/brokers buy up all the tickets for Cubs games banking on the fact that either A) they'll be good (which isn't likely) or B) the draw of Wrigley and the Cubs will be able to get butts in the seats. They saw the same thing this year, all of the tickets were "sold" but no one was coming to the games because of the garbage product. This article is not highlighting the fact that the tickets were sold, rather that no one is showing up for the games. The scalpers/brokers banked on the fact that everyone and their brother wanted to come watch the heat and now they are stuck with unsold tickets.

jiggin
11-16-2010, 05:18 PM

you have a bigger stadiuim than other teams. so its a legit point...which I responded to above already

problem is, if all the seats are already sold...then why are people not showing up?

that IS what the discussion is about right? It was derailed by HEAT fans talking about price.

h2r09
11-16-2010, 05:19 PM

you should go mroe then 1 out of every 5 years then. i park in the same place every game, the 2nd one right off the turnpike for 10$ and it is extremely safe, not to mention mickey arison ordered the homelss people to move down a few streets a few years ago. excuses now are just that, excuses. it is plain stupid that fans cant plan 10 minutes earlier and get there before tip.

jiggin
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the insight. This happens every year in Chicago, scalpers/brokers buy up all the tickets for Cubs games banking on the fact that either A) they'll be good (which isn't likely) or B) the draw of Wrigley and the Cubs will be able to get butts in the seats. They saw the same thing this year, all of the tickets were "sold" but no one was coming to the games because of the garbage product. This article is not highlighting the fact that the tickets were sold, rather that no one is showing up for the games. The scalpers/brokers banked on the fact that everyone and their brother wanted to come watch the heat and now they are stuck with unsold tickets.

wrong...those are Cubs affiliated brokers. Thus why they are allowed to "scalp" tickets even though scalping is illegal in Illinois and chicago.

Those seats are still technically owned by the cubs, they just "sold" them to an affilate ticket brokerage that doesn't lose any money if the seats are empty come gametime.

goeatfish63
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM
well if all the seats are already sold, and they are not sold to "miami heat brokers", then that makes no sense. If you hate the area and hate the parking, you wouldn't buy tickets at the start only to say F it later. The % of "fans" doing that would be very small...AND...would speak volumes about them actually being "FANS".

dont bash me, im a fan, im a season ticket holder and plan on going to every single game unless i absolutely cannot go. but yes it sux. i pay for parking every game. i bought these tickets last year and they cost me $25 per seat per game. now theyre charging me $25 for parking per game, its hard to pay that much for 41 games. and not to mention when we play boston, LA, or orlando the price goes up to $35. i am a fan and plan on going to every single game but it puts a huge dent in ur wallet

GSwarriors4LIFE
11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm a straight up warriors fan and if we had two superstars I guarantee you would barely see any empty seats on any given night I never been to Miami, but I always see it on first 48 and it looks pretty crazy out there, it's sad that the area might play a role in attracting more fans, but hey were up in Oakland and look how LOYAL our fan base is. Believe me the Bay Area is not a cheap place either!!

haggis
11-16-2010, 05:22 PM
you should go mroe then 1 out of every 5 years then. i park in the same place every game, the 2nd one right off the turnpike for 10$ and it is extremely safe, not to mention mickey arison ordered the homelss people to move down a few streets a few years ago. excuses now are just that, excuses. it is plain stupid that fans cant plan 10 minutes earlier and get there before tip.

agreed. a lot of the stadiums in the country aren't in the nicest parts of the city, well mainly because it's a city and you can't just plop down a huge stadium in the middle of it. you have to find open space on the outskirts and usually those areas aren't all that nice. I dunno if you've ever been to the United Center in Chicago, but that isn't exactly a nice area to be in, but the Bulls and the Hawks normally sell out FWIW...

jiggin
dont bash me, im a fan, im a season ticket holder and plan on going to every single game unless i absolutely cannot go. but yes it sux. i pay for parking every game. i bought these tickets last year and they cost me $25 per seat per game. now theyre charging me $25 for parking per game, its hard to pay that much for 41 games. and not to mention when we play boston, LA, or orlando the price goes up to $35. i am a fan and plan on going to every single game but it puts a huge dent in ur wallet

sure, that is a drag. Sounds like your miami heat is taking advantage of their fan base on the parking issue.

That wouldn't fly here...but protests ect... are regular here when ANY group tries to take advantage of the fans. EI. cable/tv rights...parking...ect...

uchiha
Heat tickets have become an industry.. meaning that true poor fans like myself have a hard time dishing out the dough.

Gibby23

There are not that many real jobs in Miami, the cost of living isn't that high there. It is like a vacation/party city, kinda like Vegas. It is dirt cheep to live in Vegas, but there is no real work there.

jackdawson
11-16-2010, 05:23 PM

Dude, they will still find a reason to hate. We are 5th in attendance and still the entire fanbase is getting bashed here, WOW!!! Just WOW!!! I will wait to see how long this thread stays open.

JordansBulls
11-16-2010, 05:24 PM
wow, that is really sad. Figures, so many band wagoners...

this quote is sad yet true:

Always has been that way.

h2r09
11-16-2010, 05:25 PM

then stop complaining and park somewhere else. they go down to as low as 10$ for parking if you dont have to park right next to the arena.

haggis
11-16-2010, 05:25 PM
wrong...those are Cubs affiliated brokers. Thus why they are allowed to "scalp" tickets even though scalping is illegal in Illinois and chicago.

Those seats are still technically owned by the cubs, they just "sold" them to an affilate ticket brokerage that doesn't lose any money if the seats are empty come gametime.

oh ok gotcha... so that explains most of the tickets, but i know a lot of people were struggling to give away tickets this year for games. I didn't know that the Cubs backed the brokers in that sense where it would be a wash for them. Question for you: Did they still count those as tickets "Sold" even though the Cubs technically still owned them?

J_M_B
11-16-2010, 05:29 PM
The games are sold out, but scalping is a big issue.

When your reselling tickets, your only allowed to sell them for one more dollar, but ofcourse, people try to sell the tickets to make profit. People aren't going to buy those outrageous tickets.

As someone has already said, the location is horrible. I hate taking my nephew to games because of the surrounding areas. Also parking costs $50 dollars. If you add in cost of food, you could easily spend over $250 for one game..

Gibby23
11-16-2010, 05:37 PM
The games are sold out, but scalping is a big issue.

When your reselling tickets, your only allowed to sell them for one more dollar, but ofcourse, people try to sell the tickets to make profit. People aren't going to buy those outrageous tickets.

As someone has already said, the location is horrible. I hate taking my nephew to games because of the surrounding areas. Also parking costs $50 dollars. If you add in cost of food, you could easily spend over $250 for one game..

That is wrong. The scalper just isn't going to hold on to the ticket and not even make face value back.

jiggin
11-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Heat tickets have become an industry.. meaning that true poor fans like myself have a hard time dishing out the dough.

this article would say you have a better chance, especially in March:

This article says ticket prices are back down to a more "normal level" now..:

Just weeks after ticket prices for the Miami Heat shot through the roof, they seem to be in a freefall.

Both primary and secondary markets are showing signs that the monster ticket prices from early in the season are a thing of the past. While home games against some top teams are still hot at the box office (Ticketmaster was selling seats in the rafters for the game with the Celtics Thursday, November 11, for over $100 each), fans grabbed tickets for the team's November 9 game against the Utah Jazz for as low as $10.

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Miami...earth111012943

Giaps
11-16-2010, 05:39 PM
I respect the real Heat fans out there, but the fact of the matter is there is a large majority of "part-time fans" who are not and just show up because it is a large event (or in this case not show up).

Reddd
11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Dude, they will still find a reason to hate. We are 5th in attendance and still the entire fanbase is getting bashed here, WOW!!! Just WOW!!! I will wait to see how long this thread stays open.

5th's great, but considering the amount of talent the heat have, shouldn't you be 1st in attendance?
That's the problem here, and everybody's discussing it. Other heat fans give reasonable explanations, you're just yelling.

DaBUU
11-16-2010, 05:46 PM
wow!!! MODs are equally pathetic in this forum. They keep all the Heat bashing threads open. I have never seen anything like that before. I want someone to respond to the above link. Keep hating us and we still got the most coveted free agents in league history. You guys may have hate but we have LeBron and Wade. What do you have? fanbase? Isn't it still pathetic that LeBron/Wade/Bosh didn't give **** on your fanbase?

You're actually calling out more loyal fanbases? I think it says more about Lebron/Wade/Bosh then it does anyones fanbase.

BALLER71
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
5th's great, but considering the amount of talent the heat have, shouldn't you be 1st in attendance?
That's the problem here, and everybody's discussing it. Other heat fans give reasonable explanations, you're just yelling.

Uhhh... no. This is Miami we're talking about. The Dolphins and Heat could have elite talent and there's still no way we'll be #1 in attendance.

h2r09
11-16-2010, 05:48 PM

so you are saying we should asian pack the place to win the attendence record? we have less seats then the other arenas

jackdawson
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM

And yet those reasonable explanations are not enough for haters like you. Yelling is for people like you.

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
remember the thread on Shaq and how he loves Toronto, and really was just an attack on Bosh but it raised debate on what cities were great for NBA teams...and a lot of Heat fans CLAIMED that miami has a strrrrronnnggggg fan base.

maybe for bandwagoners hahah

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 05:50 PM
so you are saying we should asian pack the place to win the attendence record? we have less seats then the other arenas

wait...you have less seats and still, and still there are seats that are empty?

Jonathan2323
11-16-2010, 05:51 PM

They are just jealous plain and simple.

Reddd
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
What I'm trying to say is that other people suggest if those 'talents were taken' to another city, the arena would be packed the whole time, because of really great players and a possible championship season(s).
And I haven't said anything about winning the attendance record, rather than wanting to know why is it so that the heat organization has to call out their fans to come watch games, and there are posters, who address the problem. But those, who take everything as an insult and start shouting out sensless crap, can't really see the point of that.

Reddd
11-16-2010, 05:58 PM
And yet those reasonable explanations are not enough for haters like you. Yelling is for people like you.

Well, your's wasn't.
That's why i quoted you

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 06:00 PM

haha i know, you would think since they got the BIG 3, after all the bandwagoners and media talking about the Heat over and over and over and over...and I don't understand Miami is full of rich people and rich tourist blowing away money all the time, I go there twice a year and that is all I see everynight, rich idiots

you would think they are 1st right? and when you just debate only a teeny weeny little bit, uh oh here comes the Miami Heat fans, so sensitive and so defensive. Be careful with what you say, because they will label you as a hater and bite your head off

justinnum1
11-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I park under the arena, so i can't speak on the parking, but the area is not the nicest...and our fans do need to show a little more support.

tcav701
11-16-2010, 06:01 PM
They are just jealous plain and simple.

I agree.

The people in Miami are so jealous of the 12 teams with a better record than theirs that they refuse to attend Heat games.

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 06:02 PM
on a side note, no one is bashing the Heat as a team, we're all just curious to why they are not #1 in attendance since you would think with 3 superstars on a team, that is all, there is no bashing or hatred going on here

but for some reason, every Heat fan here is saying "oh you're a HATER" to every person who either complains about the pricing or makes a questions why their attendance is not as high as you would think it would be and should be. Honestly, you Heat fans need to stay out of the sun and cool off or something

goeatfish63
11-16-2010, 06:02 PM
I park under the arena, so i can't speak on the parking, but the area is not the nicest...and our fans do need to show a little more support.

how do u get to park under there, and how much is it

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree.

The people in Miami are so jealous of the 12 teams with a better record than theirs that they refuse to attend Heat games.

i think they are frustrated because many made sig bets they go 82 - 0...

justinnum1
11-16-2010, 06:03 PM
how do u get to park under there, and how much is it

comes with the tickets

goeatfish63
11-16-2010, 06:05 PM
i have season tickets and i didnt get that. my seson ticket rep sux too but ill talk to him. he made me miss out on a meet and greet with the big 3 cuz he forgot to tell us

Reddd
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
on a side note, no one is bashing the Heat as a team, we're all just curious to why they are not #1 in attendance since you would think with 3 superstars on a team, that is all, there is no bashing or hatred going on here

but for some reason, every Heat fan here is saying "oh you're a HATER" to every person who either complains about the pricing or makes a questions why their attendance is not as high as you would think it would be and should be. Honestly, you Heat fans need to stay out of the sun and cool off or something

:nod:

VillaMaravilla
11-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I live in miami but am a knick fan I knew this was going to happen this state only cares about tha phins nothing else matters these people are the worst fans ever....serves lebron right for leaving clevland and dissing ny and yes not all miami is nice don't get fooled by south beach people

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-16-2010, 06:43 PM
miami is a phenominal city, been there once, outstanding nightlife, etc...there are many things to do there other than go to sporting events and i think that's why the fans are so poor down there..another note, like people have mentioned there are not a ton of jobs there, a lot of people in miami and are tourists who don't have an interest in basketball

there is no doubt in my mind that if the heat (or lbj, d-wade, bosh) were in the bay area or many other places that every single game would be completely sold out

saucy1
11-16-2010, 06:52 PM
i luv how people say us when referring to their team ,dont think lebron and dwade consider you apart of us,you are a fan thats it

TheWatcher34
11-16-2010, 06:55 PM
"fans" know that the heat won't win a championship this year that's why they wont go to the games.

nycericanguy
11-16-2010, 06:57 PM
I predicted this, MIAMI was hyped when they got the big 3 but in terms of coming out to games regularly and supporting their team I knew the interest would fade fast. Even watching games I was shocked at how quiet the crowd was.

Florida is just not a big sports place, The Rays made a cinderella story type run to the world series and still had trouble selling tickets to the point where Longoria called out the fans.

I think ultimately unless they will a ton of championships Bosh & Lebron will look back and regret this decision. Lebron James & Bosh would have had NY eating out of their hands, every game would be sold out even before the season. And just winning 50 games and taking NY deep into the playoffs would have had the city buzzing like crazy. It would have been wild...but then maybe they didn't want all of that.

Cano4prez
11-16-2010, 06:59 PM
The Heat sell out every home game..

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 07:00 PM
miami is a phenominal city, been there once, outstanding nightlife, etc...there are many things to do there other than go to sporting events and i think that's why the fans are so poor down there..another note, like people have mentioned there are not a ton of jobs there, a lot of people in miami and are tourists who don't have an interest in basketball

there is no doubt in my mind that if the heat (or lbj, d-wade, bosh) were in the bay area or many other places that every single game would be completely sold out

im sure there are a lot of celebrities and business owners there, go to a raptors game and you would see many real fans as well as a sea of suits

miami is way bigger than T.O. as well, and Toronto has a crazy nightlife too, not to mention a lower drinking age which implies by your logic, where people under the age of 21 more likely would go to a sport event rather than sneaking into a club, in toronto under the age of 19 more likely would go to a sport event.

and what other teams in Miami is there to watch? the dolphins? the marlins? who would go and watch those teams, you think the sports fan would just opt to see the Heat rather than the other 2 correct?

....on a side note the Heat should be called the Tunas since the other teams are named after fast creatures of the sea, and Tuna is a pretty damn fast fish

Sox72
11-16-2010, 07:05 PM
I understand Heat fans defending this. It's actually picking on them as opposed to the team. But come on, it is kind of sad when the team needs to put this memo out there for the fans.

faze38
11-16-2010, 07:05 PM
dallas cowboys have this same problem

What are u talking about they are number 2 in attendence with a losing team!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2010

The seats look empty because the place is like a party and they have bars and a bunch of other things all over the place there! I mean u can walk to the tunnel and watch them come out of the game! That staduim is nuts! They have fans that just stand in the party spots the whole game so they actually bring in more fans then seats!

samevans7
11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
yeah i live in New England

last year on vacation, i was in Miami. And one day, we just went to a heat game for $30 each. it was so easy to get tix, and they were cheap

but now they are so expensive that nobody wants to go; i'll go again if they lower prices :D

and miami is a great, beautiful city

jmoney85
11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
if u guys think those tickets are expensive u are nuts lol

i went on stubhub a few weeks ago and saw tickets for a few heat games very very cheap

Valkyrie
11-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Why do you guys care? How does this effect your life in anyway?

If you arean't going to give me a legit response don't even respond to my post...

This effects you guys in no way...especially the ones that don't live in Miami. Just ****ing drop it and worry about your own team. You know this is trouble. Let it go already

drobe86
11-16-2010, 07:10 PM
????

Yea... And exactly what else is there to do in Portland oregon? Oh I didn't think so....

haggis
11-16-2010, 07:11 PM
miami is a phenominal city, been there once, outstanding nightlife, etc...there are many things to do there other than go to sporting events and i think that's why the fans are so poor down there..

I hear this argument a lot. That Miami has soooo many things other than sporting events in their city. What about NYC, LA, Chicago to name a few? Do they not have "other" things to do at night? Why is this an excuse?

alchemist0123
11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
if you build it they will come, they came for the opener
if you build it and win they will come, yet to be determined
then again this is florida fanbase in general were talking about.

jackdawson
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, your's wasn't.
That's why i quoted you

Then why don't just STFU if those were enough? My comments were for haters who don't get those. If you understood their explanations then you should not quote me.

Sandman
11-16-2010, 07:27 PM

That simple...

I think StubHub and TicketExchange pretty much institutionalized scalping across all american entertainment venues.

camador22
11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
A lot of non heat fans and ticket sales people bought simply to resale at 4 times the value. It's not fair to real fans to pay that kind of money to a middle man. Is Miami a bandwagon city? Heck yea they are, I learned that living here half my life. Bottom line though there enough true fans to fill the AA 1000 times over but won't pay 500 per ticket.

hans dolo
11-16-2010, 07:37 PM
i luv how people say us when referring to their team ,dont think lebron and dwade consider you apart of us,you are a fan thats it

very childish argumentative statement.

LayZbone
11-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I hear this argument a lot. That Miami has soooo many things other than sporting events in their city. What about NYC, LA, Chicago to name a few? Do they not have "other" things to do at night? Why is this an excuse?

Well some of those poppin' cities have much larger populations than Miami, especially NY. More people = more basketball fans.

I'm not trying to make excuses for our fan base, I'm constantly embarrassed by them. Not just for the fact that they show up late, kick it in the lounges, and leave a bunch of lower bowl seats empty, so that we look like a crappy fanbase on national tv. But at times they have no energy.

When I go to games, my voice is gone by the end of the 1st quarter. I scream "Lets Go Heat!" on every offensive possession, "Defense!" on the other end, and "MVP!" when our superstar is at the line.

But the tickets are just way out of my price range. It's that simple. They have dropped to reasonable prices for the upper deck. But that whole "tickets as low as $10" campaign was misleading when the season started. For the games against top-notch teams, only the very last few rows of the nosebleed section were 10 bucks, and right in front of that (still nosebleed), they shot up to like $100. But now that I see they've dropped, I'm definitely going to some games.

haggis
11-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Well some of those poppin' cities have much larger populations than Miami, especially NY. More people = more basketball fans.

I'm not trying to make excuses for our fan base, I'm constantly embarrassed by them. Not just for the fact that they show up late, kick it in the lounges, and leave a bunch of lower bowl seats empty, so that we look like a crappy fanbase on national tv. But at times they have no energy.

When I go to games, my voice is gone by the end of the 1st quarter. I scream "Lets Go Heat!" on every offensive possession, "Defense!" on the other end, and "MVP!" when our superstar is at the line.

But the tickets are just way out of my price range. It's that simple. They have dropped to reasonable prices for the upper deck. But that whole "tickets as low as $10" campaign was misleading when the season started. For the games against top-notch teams, only the very last few rows of the nosebleed section were 10 bucks, and right in front of that (still nosebleed), they shot up to like $100. But now that I see they've dropped, I'm definitely going to some games.

nah man, i hear you. i'm just tired of miami "fans" using it as a crutch... I really do feel for you and the rest of the real fans, it's just a shame.

Sox72

If you arean't going to give me a legit response don't even respond to my post...

This effects you guys in no way...especially the ones that don't live in Miami. Just ****ing drop it and worry about your own team. You know this is trouble. Let it go already

Be sure to save this post when you comment on anything other than a Heat-related post.

faze38

1. LA, NY and Las Vegas, Nevada have a better night life scene then Miami! I've experianced all of them!

2. I have to ask if u have been to LA or NY because there is alot to do around there as well and Just to let you know LA and NY have more tourist every year then Miami. Unless u mean Orlando cause that's were most tourist go to visit theme parks but NY still tops Orlando as well! Ny has the top tourist spt in the country here is a list of 1-25 and notice Miami is no were to be found!

http://www.thetravelerszone.com/travel-destinations/top-25-most-visited-tourist-destinations-in-america/

The funny thing about tourist in NY is that they attend the games!

3. The LA employment rate is 11.8 and Miami's is 12.1 not that much of a diffrence but LA sells out every game and also keep in mind that alot of Miami residents are retired and if u are under 65 and retired u count towards the unemployment rate rich or not!

So in conclusion the people of Miami have no reason to have such a poor fan base they just do! I mean people out there just aren't sport supporters which is cool I mean every city has their own thing but LBJ, Wade and Bosh were just dumb if they thought they were gonna change anything! I mean the fans don't support even if there teams are winning chamionships so what is gona be the diffrence if Lebron goes to Miami! If Pat wanted some fan support he should have stayed in NY an brought the big 3 to a city that supports it's teams win or lose! We might boo u if u play bad but at least we show up and cheer game in and game out until u start playing like ***!

Miami Fan base = :facepalm:

No offense to the the real ones that come on here and post because u guys at least show support but the Miami fans just suck I mean u guys may have increased in number but don't get it confused it is only happening because of the big 3! If u guys don't win a championship in the next 2 years u can say by to the bandwagon ones!

310Casper
11-16-2010, 07:58 PM
I never understood the idea of paying $100-$200+ to watch a game live....

For that kinda money, you can have a 5 course expensive restaurant dinner with the girl and watch it at home on an HD big screen, with replays, announcers, better views, and not having to pay an extra $20-$40 for parking and driving through traffic, all in the comfort of your own warm recliner. The whole "watching it live, in person, getting the feel of the crowd" is overrated.

This is the reason why I havent gone to a Laker Game in probably 5+ years. I'm a huge laker fan, i watch all 82 games on tv, never miss one. The idea of shelling out $200+ to watch a game live and have the "experience" boggles me. I cant blame Miami fans for not wanting to shell out that kinda money.

Cano4prez
11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
1. LA, NY and Las Vegas, Nevada have a better night life scene then Miami! I've experianced all of them!

2. I have to ask if u have been to LA or NY because there is alot to do around there as well and Just to let you know LA and NY have more tourist every year then Miami. Unless u mean Orlando cause that's were most tourist go to visit theme parks but NY still tops Orlando as well! Ny has the top tourist spt in the country here is a list of 1-25 and notice Miami is no were to be found!

http://www.thetravelerszone.com/travel-destinations/top-25-most-visited-tourist-destinations-in-america/

3. The LA employment rate is 11.8 and Miami's is 12.1 not that much of a diffrence but LA sells out every game and also keep in mind that alot of Miami residents are retired and if u are under 65 and retired u count towards the unemployment rate rich or not!

So in conclusion the people of Miami have no reason to have such a poor fan base they just do! I mean people out there just aren't sport supporters which is cool I mean every city has their own thing but LBJ, Wade and Bosh were just dumb if they thought they were gonna change anything! I mean the fans don't support even if there teams are winning chamionships so what is gona be the diffrence if Lebron goes to Miami! If Pat wanted some fan support he should have stayed in NY an brought the big 3 to a city that supports it's teams win or lose! We might boo u if u play bad but at least we show up and cheer game in and game out until u start playing like ***!

No offense to the the real ones that come on here and post because u guys at least show support but the Miami fans just suck I mean u guys may have increased in number but don't get it confused it is only happening because of the big 3! If u guys don't win a championship in the next 2 years u can say by to the bandwagon ones!

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/homePct

drobe86
11-16-2010, 08:06 PM

+1 and don't forget Atlanta and Houston. Both of those club lifes are better than Miamis. And strip clubs? Please don't get me started.....

D Roses Bulls
11-16-2010, 08:08 PM
what did the heat think this call out would do? the heat games are the new place to be seen. miami has a lot of rich people down there, well southern florida, some of these people go to the games just to be seen there, not to actually watch the games just like some of the celebrities that go to laker games. also the fact a lot of people in southern florida arnt southern florida natives, they are from somewhere else and root for other teams.

smith&wesson
11-16-2010, 08:12 PM

the cost of living in miami is alot cheaper in miami then most metropolitan cities.

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 08:27 PM

Really? I've been there and I liked it...BUT LA has you beat on both

Hoopsadvocate
11-16-2010, 08:59 PM

You'd be right if the tickets werent sold out but they have been many times this season already. The empty seats have to do with the scalpers. They rsell them for 3x there worth and since people refuse to pay that high of a price the seats go un used but not unpaid for.

drobe86
11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
You'd be right if the tickets werent sold out but they have been many times this season already. The empty seats have to do with the scalpers. They rsell them for 3x there worth and since people refuse to pay that high of a price the seats go un used but not unpaid for.

+1... The Mavericks attendence is similiar to this. Premium games sell out no matter what. If its a bottom feeder playing theres a good chance that those seats go unused, but are paid for.....

KnicksorBust
11-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Reminds me of Yankees tickets. They are pricing out fans. It's a disaster and horribly embarassing if you ask me.

el_primo_nano
11-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Sad but true. When the Marlins were good the fans didnt show up til the World Series. Same thing happened when Shaq arrived, The fans didnt show up til the playoffs. They just dont care..

IrespectNumber3
11-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Our fans our fickle but the Heat tickets have always been expensive

PurpleJesus
11-16-2010, 10:33 PM
A lot of people who live in Miami arent from Miami, why should they care about the team?

Hiphopopotamus
11-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't know if all this is true, but it does seem historically that Miami fans are bad. Especially for the Marlins. It doesn't matter what the product is. I understand the Heat fans being a little defensive, but it just gets over the top with their answers. Every thread that even mentions the Heat in a remotely negative way gets a wave of "don't hate", "u mad?", "they are jealous", etc. Have real conversation, people are just talking. It will be okay. Don't let it raise your blood pressure, if you get that upset just step away from the computer.

daleja424
11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
nothing subtle about it...

Our "fans" that can actually afford to go to games are there for the social aspects...not the basketball...

d00d
11-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Miami is one of the most dangerous cities to visit. I live in SW FL and noone will drive over there because they say they will lose their wallet, their car or their life.

faze38
11-16-2010, 11:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Ok do you want me to say that actually show up! I mean u can see the empty seats on TV. I know people get up and get drinks but for the whole damn game i doubt that especially for the $800-$2500 seats!

faze38
11-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Reminds me of Yankees tickets. They are pricing out fans. It's a disaster and horribly embarassing if you ask me.

x2

effen5
11-16-2010, 11:19 PM
A lot of people who live in Miami arent from Miami, why should they care about the team?

Umm...when Michael Jordan played the Bulls game was the place to be and thats where all the celebrities went....I thought that LBJ would have the same effect but apparently not.

effen5
11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Miami is just a pathetic pro sports town, hell so is Tampa, the only pro sports Florida should be allowed to keep are Orlando Magic, Dolphins, and Buccs. NFL teams always sell out so thats not a big issue. They should give the Marlins, Rays, and the Heat to cities that actually have fans.

BTW, bragging being 5th in attendance when he you have of two of the best players in the league is beyond pathetic. Bulls have Rose and ****in Noah....and we're number 1....again. Just looking the past 5 years alone, we were in the top 3 and thats without a superstar like LBJ or Dwade.

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 11:29 PM

Then why don't just STFU if those were enough? My comments were for haters who don't get those. If you understood their explanations then you should not quote me.

you 2 need to stop getting so testy, your telling a computer screen to stfu? doesn't that sound crazy to any of you guys?

I agree with everything you said except the bolded. Toronto has one of the best attendances on a crap team and we have a population of 2.5 million, you guys got a population of 5.5 million. There are plenty of celebs and wealthy business men that can afford these tickets easily in Toronto.

nah man, i hear you. i'm just tired of miami "fans" using it as a crutch... I really do feel for you and the rest of the real fans, it's just a shame.

EXACTLY, this isn't a bashing thread, its just a SHAME that fans in Miami are taking this for granted, and especially since we are supposedly "Witnessing Greatness" as some Heat fans say, you would think they have the #1 attendance correct? Where is the hate? Stop looking for hate, if you want hate cheat on your girlfriend and get a call from Jerry Springer, or spread your seed and get a call from Maury Povich.

joeym
11-16-2010, 11:45 PM

I think the reason people say that is that the warmer weather in Miami makes it possible to do more things outside of basketball in the winter...now its also warm in LA so I can't explain that part....

godolphins
11-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Make the prices more affordable

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I think the reason people say that is that the warmer weather in Miami makes it possible to do more things outside of basketball in the winter...now its also warm in LA so I can't explain that part....

ok...most games are at night? during the day hit the beach, but at night u do stuff, and their games end like what 9:30 - 10:00? that is when you start pre-drinking, then 11:00 is when you go out to the club. Who goes out at 7-9 anyways? 11 is prime dance off time

effen5
11-17-2010, 12:01 AM
ok...most games are at night? during the day hit the beach, but at night u do stuff, and their games end like what 9:30 - 10:00? that is when you start pre-drinking, then 11:00 is when you go out to the club. Who goes out at 7-9 anyways? 11 is prime dance off time

you can't go to basketball games at 7 bro...7 is the pre t shirt time...then at 9 its tshirt time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjVkplphsBU

:laugh:

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-17-2010, 12:05 AM
First and foremost, we have terrible fans, plain and simple. The excuse of "there's other things to do at night in Miami" is a terrible reason. There are plenty of people in Miami and the fact we can't sell out a game for a team like this one is embarrassing.

But secondly, the prices for these games are insane. Lower bowl is crazy expensive and if its against an elite team, its even more. Upper bowl is also expensive for what its worth. A lot of people prolly think, "id rather stay home than pay close to 100 bucks for a ****** seat".

If they brought down the prices to a reasonable level, the games will easily sell out.

masalex1205
11-17-2010, 12:09 AM
whuz mad?

Boshhhhhhhhhhh

Khri
11-17-2010, 12:11 AM
I love how we are so pathetic that we have 3 Football teams, 2 Baseball teams, 2 Basketball teams and 2 Hockey teams, you gotta love the haters, can any of you say the same thing?

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 12:16 AM
I love how we are so pathetic that we have 3 Football teams, 2 Baseball teams, 2 Basketball teams and 2 Hockey teams, you gotta love the haters, can any of you say the same thing?

ummmm florida together has that many, not miami..... and no ones talking about orlando, tampa bay, jacksonville, they are talking about miami.

effen5
11-17-2010, 12:16 AM

2 baseball teams you dont deserve, 1 basketball team you don't deserve, and I don't follow hockey all that much sooooo who gives a ****.

You had a team that went to the WORLD ****IN SERIES and couldn't sell out

You had a team that won the NBA Championship and couldn't sell out....

Not hating bro...stating facts at how pathetic florida's fan base really is.

effen5
11-17-2010, 12:17 AM
ummmm florida together has that many, not miami..... and no ones talking about orlando, tampa bay, jacksonville, they are talking about miami.

Dude, Florida doesn't deserve the Marlins or the Rays...you put the Rays on any other city in the country and they would sell out every game...you see them in the playoffs and their stadium is ****in empty....its a ****in joke.

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Dude, Flordai doesn't deserve the Marlins or the Rays...you put the Rays on any other city in the country and they would sell out every game...you see them in the playoffs and their stadium is ****in empty....its a ****in joke.

they put teams in the wrong cities there. orlando is a great sports town and so is jacksonville. lately jacksonville hasnt been cause of this talk about moving the team and its pissed the city off. but usually jacksonville is a great sports town. they shouldnt be putting professional teams in miami cause they dont support it really and baseball and hockey in tampa bay because they dont give a crap about it. tampa bay does love their bucs though.

footballer2369
11-17-2010, 12:22 AM
2 baseball teams you dont deserve, 1 basketball team you don't deserve, and I don't follow hockey all that much sooooo who gives a ****.

You had a team that went to the WORLD ****IN SERIES and couldn't sell out

You had a team that won the NBA Championship and couldn't sell out....

Not hating bro...stating facts at how pathetic florida's fan base really is.

Dude time for you to do some fact checking....

We were top 5 in attendance every full year Shaq was here, and we sold out the entire playoffs.

The World Series was played in a football stadium with 70,000+ seats... It had relatively high attendance... Higher than average for world series...

And now this year the Heat are again top 5 in attendance, ahead of teams like LAL, NYK, and Boston and ignorant sheep like you are still spewing your sewer holes....

Get a clue, fool.

footballer2369
11-17-2010, 12:24 AM
they put teams in the wrong cities there. orlando is a great sports town and so is jacksonville. lately jacksonville hasnt been cause of this talk about moving the team and its pissed the city off. but usually jacksonville is a great sports town. they shouldnt be putting professional teams in miami cause they dont support it really and baseball and hockey in tampa bay because they dont give a crap about it. tampa bay does love their bucs though.

Dolphins have higher attendance than Bucs always...

Marlins have higher than Rays always...

Heat have higher than Magic almost always...

Get a clue...

footballer2369
11-17-2010, 12:26 AM
And someone tell me how the hell this is still open...

Khri
11-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Dude, Florida doesn't deserve the Marlins or the Rays...you put the Rays on any other city in the country and they would sell out every game...you see them in the playoffs and their stadium is ****in empty....its a ****in joke.

You better be joking, the Rays sell out every playoff games, you better check some facts before making ignorant statements like this. :facepalm::facepalm:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gBqs63adModp6M:http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/Rodzilla109/not-sure-if-serious.jpg&t=1

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Dolphins have higher attendance than Bucs always...

Marlins have higher than Rays always...

Heat have higher than Magic almost always...

Get a clue...

those two cities shouldnt have baseball teams and second, maybe this season miami has higher attendance, but since the two became franchises the magic have always had more people then the heat.

so again you dont know what your talking about. oh by the way i was born in florida and went to college there and spent every summer since i was 6 in florida so I think I do have a clue

Giraffes Rule
11-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Selling out games isn't the same as supporting your team. Maybe supporting them financially, but if you don't show up that isn't worth much.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-17-2010, 12:40 AM

You should come to Chicago and see the neighborhood around the United Center. Hasn't stopped Bulls fans from filling the seats.

Ty Fast
11-17-2010, 12:40 AM
miami is a football town. they cant sell basketball, baseball, or hockey there

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 12:44 AM
You should come to Chicago and see the neighborhood around the United Center. Hasn't stopped Bulls fans from filling the seats.

lol......... yea its not a good neighborhood as all. I actually saw the biggest fight i have ever seen in my life at that big project or low income building right next to the united center. best believe i hurried inside the stadium and back to my car when the game was over.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-17-2010, 12:46 AM
lol......... yea its not a good neighborhood as all. I actually saw the biggest fight i have ever seen in my life at that big project or low income building right next to the united center. best believe i hurried inside the stadium and back to my car when the game was over.

Ya I definitely don't mind paying $20 to keep my G35 safe.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-17-2010, 12:50 AM
I just looked at the street view around AA Arena. That building is on the water next to expensive *** high rise condos. I don't know what that guy is talking about.

Khri
11-17-2010, 12:51 AM
those two cities shouldnt have baseball teams and second, maybe this season miami has higher attendance, but since the two became franchises the magic have always had more people then the heat.

Just showing you don't know what you're talking about

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010
2001: Heat 15, Magic 23
2002:Heat 19, Magic 22
2003: Heat 22, Magic 26
2004:Heat 24, Magic 27
2005-2006: Heat 4, Magic 27
2007-2008: Heat 8, Magic 18
2009: Heat 15, Magic 18

so again you dont know what your talking about

Oh the irony..don't make yourself look more stupid :facepalm:

mvb815
11-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Ya I definitely don't mind paying $20 to keep my G35 safe.

that's the thing though, you shouldn't spend 20+ dollars to park every time you want to go to a game.

that plus tickets

and forget it if you get hungry or want a beer. i think i spent 20 bucks last time on food, my mistake was going totally blazed.

effen5
11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
You better be joking, the Rays sell out every playoff games, you better check some facts before making ignorant statements like this. :facepalm::facepalm:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gBqs63adModp6M:http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/Rodzilla109/not-sure-if-serious.jpg&t=1

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5625055

"We've been playing great baseball all year. Since I've been here in [2006], the fans have wanted a good baseball team. They've wanted to watch a contender," Longoria told reporters. "And for us to play good baseball for three years now, and for us to be in a spot to clinch again and go to the playoffs, we're all confused as to why it's only 15,000 to 20,000 in the building."Monday's announced attendance was a little more than half of the 23,047 the team has averaged at home this season, despite battling neck-and-neck with the New York Yankees for the AL East lead and baseball's best record for most of the season.

Spurred by fan reaction to Longoria's criticism of Tampa Bay's home attendance, the Rays are making 20,000 free tickets available for Wednesday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles.

Try selling out when you are about to clinch a playoff spot....oh wait we'll give away 20000 free tickets instead.

I feel bad for the Rays...I really do. I hope they move.

LayZbone
11-17-2010, 12:53 AM
I agree with everything you said except the bolded. Toronto has one of the best attendances on a crap team and we have a population of 2.5 million, you guys got a population of 5.5 million. There are plenty of celebs and wealthy business men that can afford these tickets easily in Toronto.

I honestly don't know much about Toronto, but it sounds like you guys have some great fans. Again, I wasn't making an excuse or anything. I concede that we have some crappy fans. But theoretically, what I said about larger populations increasing the odds of having more fans of basketball wasn't a lie. It's just not the only factor.

And in response to another poster's statement about NY, LA and Chicago having good nightlifes, those cities are also the 3 most populous cities in America by a long shot.

For anyone interested:

Metropolitan areas in the Americas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_in_the_Americas_by_popu lation) Miami is 8th amongst NBA cities

U.S. cities by population (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population) Miami is 22nd amongst NBA cities

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-17-2010, 12:53 AM
that's the thing though, you shouldn't spend 20+ dollars to park every time you want to go to a game.

that plus tickets

and forget it if you get hungry or want a beer. i think i spent 20 bucks last time on food, my mistake was going totally blazed.

Thats why I make sure I always eat before going to the game :D

effen5
11-17-2010, 12:54 AM

**** it...the state of Florida does not deserve any pro sports unless its the NFL.

mvb815
11-17-2010, 12:55 AM
I just looked at the street view around AA Arena. That building is on the water next to expensive *** high rise condos. I don't know what that guy is talking about.

lol, yeah because street view tells the whole story.

i'm pretty sure my word values over what you can see from still images.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-17-2010, 12:56 AM
lol, yeah because street view tells the whole story.

i'm pretty sure my word values over what you can see from still images.

From what I see, that looks like a pretty damn clean and expensive area. Try looking up the street view around the UC and tell me what you see. Hell you can just see the satellite view and tell its a **** neighborhood.

effen5
11-17-2010, 12:57 AM
I honestly don't know much about Toronto, but it sounds like you guys have some great fans. Again, I wasn't making an excuse or anything. I concede that we have some crappy fans. But theoretically, what I said about larger populations increasing the odds of having more fans of basketball wasn't a lie.

And in response to another poster's statement about NY, LA and Chicago having good nightlifes, those cities are also the 3 most populous cities in America by a long shot.

Metropolitan areas in the Americas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_in_the_Americas_by_popu lation)

U.S. cities by population (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population)

Just out of curiousity, didn't Miami have a really strong base in the 90's?

Khri
11-17-2010, 12:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5625055

Try selling out when you are about to clinch a playoff spot....oh wait we'll give away 20000 free tickets instead.

I feel bad for the Rays...I really do. I hope they move.

Your point? I don't see where it says that they didn't sell out the "playoff", also just because they have a good year doesn't mean the fans have to show to every single game, baseball is a long season, people have things to do, I don't know about you, but people here have to work,.

**** it...the state of Florida does not deserve any pro sports unless its the NFL.

Stfu dude, who are you to say what Florida deserves or not? Stop whining already.

mvb815
11-17-2010, 12:58 AM
From what I see, that looks like a pretty damn clean and expensive area. Try looking up the street view around the UC and tell me what you see. Hell you can just see the satellite view and tell its a **** neighborhood.

i'd rather not i'll take your word for it

i'm just saying, looks can be deceiving.

effen5
11-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Your point? I don't see where it says that they didn't sell out the "playoff", also just because they have a good year doesn't mean the fans have to show to every single game, baseball is a long season, people have things to do, I don't know about you, but people here have to work,.

Umm nobody showed up for a single game for the RAYS....

and yeah I work but Sox games start at 7pm so I go right after work. Same with the Bulls and Hawks.

effen5
11-17-2010, 01:00 AM

Stfu dude, who are you to say what Florida deserves or not? Stop whining already.

:laugh: I must've hit a nerve

Khri
11-17-2010, 01:01 AM
:facepalm:

I can't take this guy seriously, no argument, just trolling, really sad.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
This is turning into another Bulls fans vs. Heat fans thread. Stop before it gets closed.

effen5
11-17-2010, 01:03 AM
:facepalm:

I can't take this guy seriously, no argument, just trolling, really sad.

Ironic because I can't take majority of the Heat fans seriously...except for Marlin or Layz.

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 01:04 AM

lol....... so you went by 7 out of the 22 years the teams have been in existence that the heat have out sold the magic? really??? thats all you got? alright you win, 7 out of the 22 years the teams have existed, the heat have beat the magic, lol

effen5
11-17-2010, 01:05 AM

When I stayed at the Epic Hotel down there, we walked around near the AA arena, its not that bad but its very weird down in Miami because they have such a huge influence from the latino community. Its like a mix between the city and the north side where the mexican community is. Obviously they have the bay right there which is gorgeous waking up in the morning, but it didn't seem all that bad.

LayZbone
11-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Just out of curiousity, didn't Miami have a really strong base in the 90's?

I dunno, I'm 21 so I was a kid during the 90s. I don't remember how strong our fanbase was. I do know that the Shaq-bandwagon certainly helped sell some serious tickets during those years. Miami has been pretty damn fair-weather as of late. We were a great, great team in the late 90s, so I can only assume that fans came to root for those squads.

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 01:07 AM

wait....... you signed up in september of 2010???

OK guys this is another one, just ignore him.

Khri
11-17-2010, 01:09 AM
lol....... so you went by 7 out of the 22 years the teams have been in existence that the heat have out sold the magic? really??? thats all you got? alright you win, 7 out of the 22 years the teams have existed, the heat have beat the magic, lol

I don't think you know how to count, but whatever makes you happy, the Magic never sold out more than the Heat did, I have facts, you have words, I am pretty sure we can all see who's wrong here.

effen5
11-17-2010, 01:09 AM
I dunno, I'm 21 so I was a kid during the 90s. I don't remember how strong our fanbase was. I do know that the Shaq-bandwagon certainly helped sell some serious tickets during those years. Miami has been pretty damn fair-weather as of late. We were a great, great team in the late 90s, so I can only assume that fans came to root for those squads.

Well I'm 25, and I remember it was always rowdy when MJ played against Timmy and Zo.

Nowadays it just seems like they just go to the games just to be there, but they don't care whats going on the court.

effen5
11-17-2010, 01:10 AM

I ignore all heat fans that joined after July 2010....obvious bandwagon jumpers who will hop off in January.

Khri
11-17-2010, 01:10 AM

I join the day I find this forum, what does that has to do with anything here? Just proving why you are a joke.

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't think you know how to count, but whatever makes you happy, the Magic never sold out more than the Heat did, I have facts, you have words, I am pretty sure we can all see who's wrong here.

:confused: did you even look at the capacity of the stadium for one? the magics old arena held 17,461 while the american airlines arena held 19,600. so like i said you won some years over the magic but again you didnt sell out like the magic did in a bigger city then orlando is.

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 01:16 AM
I join the day I find this forum, what does that has to do with anything here? Just proving why you are a joke.

oh yea im sure you joined this site when you found it right away. i knew about this site like 2 years before i joined and also your a..... well im not goin to say it cause im not going to insult you and you didnt even look up stadium capacity. you didnt take that into consideration. so again the magic pretty much sold out most of their years. did the heat? NO!!! try doing your research before you call someone out.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-17-2010, 01:24 AM
But seriously, some of you are ridiculous. 12 pages about our fanbase? Really? Its pathetic how some of you have been here since the first page just ripping on our fans. We know its bad, theres no denying it (fellow heat fans, the truth hurts, its a fact). So how bout you keep jacking off to how amazing your fanbase and leave ours alone.

And no im not mad lol. Im annoyed...

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 01:26 AM
But seriously, some of you are ridiculous. 12 pages about our fanbase? Really? Its pathetic how some of you have been here since the first page just ripping on our fans. We know its bad, theres no denying it (fellow heat fans, the truth hurts, its a fact). So how bout you keep jacking off to how amazing your fanbase and leave ours alone.

And no im not mad lol. Im annoyed...

you should tell your boy to chill cause he is just making you guys look worse with his claims when he's not doing his research. and why dont you be annoyed at your organization for making this public and not the people who talk about this.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-17-2010, 01:27 AM
:confused: did you even look at the capacity of the stadium for one? the magics old arena held 17,461 while the american airlines arena held 19,600. so like i said you won some years over the magic but again you didnt sell out like the magic did in a bigger city then orlando is.

Plus Orlando is more of a tourist city than an actual city because of Disney World. Yet the Magic fans seem so much more into the games and the seats are always full.

LayZbone
11-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Well I'm 25, and I remember it was always rowdy when MJ played against Timmy and Zo.

Nowadays it just seems like they just go to the games just to be there, but they don't care whats going on the court.

The upper deck gets extremely rowdy, where the true and poor fans sit lol. I don't know whats going on with the lower bowl, but it's embarrassing.

I'm seriously gonna save up money and splurge for a set of sideline lower bowl seats, within camera shot, a couple rows back on a nationally televised game....and go krunk with body/face paint, a wig, etc.

D Roses Bulls
11-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Plus Orlando is more of a tourist city than an actual city because of Disney World. Yet the Magic fans seem so much more into the games and the seats are always full.

yep, i mean even if the magic sold out they couldnt hold no more then 17,461 which according to his espn stats, the magic sold out every year except two. how many of those season did the heat sell out?

kingbrentg
11-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Closing this for now because it's a giant bash fest.