PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Garnett Ruining his Legacy

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Read this article and thought it was good article.. Like his conclusion

http://www.prosebeforehos.com/sports-editor/11/15/is-kevin-garnett-ruining-his-legacy/

Hawkeye15
11-16-2010, 01:21 PM
no, he is not killing his legacy. Many of the all time greats are complete a-holes. Nothing new here

Giraffes Rule
11-16-2010, 01:25 PM
KG has always been a classless piece of ****, but he was good so everyone ignored it. Now he's not as good and people aren't putting up with his act.

TopsyTurvy
11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
KG is still the competitor he was even if his game doesn't back it up as well as it did in the past. Not such a bad thing unless he's getting the team into trouble.

RidgeRaider24
11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
kg is an *** hole

goshhhjosh
11-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Awesome. Another bash KG thread. Nice to see some original ideas.

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Awesome. Another bash KG thread. Nice to see some original ideas.

Dude who's bashing him? I read the article thought it was good and wanted to share....Did you actually read it? or are you just posting just to post?

Baller1
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I love KG.

BH-Sports
11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
I hope nobody remembers KG

n83417
11-16-2010, 02:18 PM
You only hate him because he is not on your team. And KG doesn't give a **** about his legacy. He wants to win, and that is all.

n83417
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM

He is the best, or second best PF in the history of the NBA. He will be remembered. He revolutionized the position.

Shonuff
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
KG is a B****. I mean I love having to look at him mean-mugging and pounding his chest everytime the camera hits him. I mean who wouldn't. Anytime he gets into it with a guy his size, he backs down. Chump.

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 02:28 PM
nope, wasn't charles barkley quite the trash talker and got in some scruffs, then again he never won a championship and he came from a time basketball was played with more physicality. but for sure he didn't hit people below the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEiBd2NmCM&feature=related

I love how tough this guy acts, throws a cheap shot elbow and then scoots out of the scrum, even though it looks Pierce was once again faking that injury

J4KOP99
11-16-2010, 02:33 PM
He is the best, or second best PF in the history of the NBA. He will be remembered. He revolutionized the position.

Duncan, Malone and Barkley are all better than KG historically. And how did he revolutionize the position again?

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 02:34 PM

That's an ignorant statement the guy is a first ballot hall of famer and deservely.. It's just his ******** antics that people are going to remember him by if he doesn't stop them...

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Duncan, Malone and Barkley are all better than KG historically. And how did he revolutionize the position again?

I'll give you Malone and Duncan But Barkley better than KG? Not even...Damn I hate KG and now I'm defending this douche

eugene
11-16-2010, 02:37 PM
KG is an old school type of a player. One of the best warriors and defenders on the court nowadays. One of the best PFs ever played the game. Trash talking is a part of the professional sports. Have you ever watched or played ice-hockey, football or soccer? I'm f00king tired of NBA's executives trying to make ballet out of professional basketball. Stop trash talking, stop arguing with refs, stop touching somebody or you get a foul, stop collecting technicals, etc. What is this? Ballet? KG is tough and that's good. You can hate such guys like KG, Malone, Sheed, Artest, Rodman, Oakley... but you must respect them!

NickyNick
11-16-2010, 02:42 PM
nope, wasn't charles barkley quite the trash talker and got in some scruffs, then again he never won a championship and he came from a time basketball was played with more physicality. but for sure he didn't hit people below the line

I love how tough this guy acts, throws a cheap shot elbow and then scoots out of the scrum, even though it looks Pierce was once again faking that injury

haha this is so ignorant....maybe you dont know the game of basketball but if you get in a fight you gt suspended.....KG will get under your skin (like he obviously does an did) and you know what it WORKS....if he started actually fighting people he would be an idiot

THE WALL
11-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I would love to see a real fight between Maxiell and KG

JETS2010REVIS
11-16-2010, 02:45 PM
He is a scrub lets leave it at that

el_primo_nano
11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
He was a humble and soft spoken when he was in Minnesota. As soon as he won the title he became the arrogant and self entitled ***** that he is today. He used to be my favorite player. Great players are *******s, example Jordan, but Jordan was respected. I dont think anybody after the Celtics roster has respect for him anymore

BOSTON617
11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
I would love to see a real fight between Maxiell and KG

then shaq vs charilie v o wait we can make it a tag team match :rolleyes:

J4KOP99
11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I'll give you Malone and Duncan But Barkley better than KG? Not even...Damn I hate KG and now I'm defending this douche

Why not Barkley? Take into considering Barkley's complete lack of size.

Garnett- 19.8 ppg and 10.8 rpg (many years his team was not too good, making it easy to fill the stat sheet because he was clearly the best player. He played in the playoffs 10/16 seasons)

Garnett's PER-23.5
KG's WS/48 mins- .190(the league avg is .100)
DRB%-25.6

Now onto Charles Barkley...

Barkley averaged 22.1 ppg and 11.7 rebs(played in the playoffs 13/16 years...put up big numbers on solid teams.)

Barkleys PER-24.6
Barkleys WS/48 mins- .216
DRB%- 23.7

Yes, Garnett may have one a title and Chuck did not, but I have a hard time saying Garnett is the better player. Chuck played the same position and put up better numbers with a significant height disadvantage.

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Why not Barkley? Take into considering Barkley's complete lack of size.

Garnett- 19.8 ppg and 10.8 rpg (many years his team was not too good, making it easy to fill the stat sheet because he was clearly the best player. He played in the playoffs 10/16 seasons)

Garnett's PER-23.5
KG's WS/48 mins- .190(the league avg is .100)
DRB%-25.6

Now onto Charles Barkley...

Barkley averaged 22.1 ppg and 11.7 rebs(played in the playoffs 13/16 years...put up big numbers on solid teams.)

Barkleys PER-24.6
Barkleys WS/48 mins- .216
DRB%- 23.7

Yes, Garnett may have one a title and Chuck did not, but I have a hard time saying Garnett is the better player. Chuck played the same position and put up better numbers with a significant height disadvantage.

You put up a good argument. and you back it up with stats that's really good..BUT..he (Granett) has size presence that Barkley did not.. So if your a guard and you're thinking of coming in the paint for a lay up i think you'll think twice if you see KG in the paint..And as far as Charles he didn't have that...Although both players are great I still feel KG has the advantage..Just my oppinion...BTW I hate KG..only reason just like someone stated above he was humble when playing in Minn now he's on a better team and it's like day and night..dude turned into an A-Hole...

NickyNick
11-16-2010, 03:01 PM
He is a scrub lets leave it at that

yea hes a scrub...NBA champ, DPOY, MVP, 13 time allstar

def the resume of a scrub

redsox0717
11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
blah blah blah I hate Garnett now that he is on the Celtics, even though he had the same exact personality in Minnesota. I'm puzzled by the Garnett haters that say he was fine in Minnesota, but now that he's in Boston he is an ***. I think they hate the jersey more than the player.

Lim
11-16-2010, 03:03 PM

lol look at rondo just standing there doing nothing. not breaking up anything, no helping teammates, nothing. what a pu$$y.

Philapsychosis
11-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Buncha salty *** dorks in this thread. This guy actually had to bring rondo up haha. I hate the celts and kg but you people are pretty dumb sometimes....

It's basketball, dudes do some dirty s**t sometimes they get away with it. You know how many times I watched AI travel??? I didn't care becUse he was on my team and he got away with it by playing it off right. Pretty much a buncha umads, cus none of these guys play on your squad.

n83417
I am glad that happened. If I saw Quentin Richardson's stupid face, I would elbow him too. He did not belong over there.

PurpleJesus
the article says that KG didnt start his antics until he went to Boston, but then there is a video posted that has multiple clips of him in his wolves uniform doing these things. The guy has been the same player his hole career, its just when he moved to Boston, the spotlight became much bigger. The writer of this article is just another media person writing about something they dont know about.

Sadds The Gr8
how can someone ruin their legacy with trash talk? that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Doing what Gilbert Arenas or Ron Artest did can ruin a legacy...but trash talk? that's ****in ********. and so what if he's declining, is he supposed to drop 20 + 10 in his mid-late 30s? KG hate is getting ridiculous. this is coming from someone that hates Boston as well...

Infamous916
11-16-2010, 03:19 PM
KG is a beast player but his verbal communication could use some work

DLeeicious
11-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I love how all the Boston fans get butt hurt that no one likes KG yet 90% of them hate Rose. Hmmmm likeability of Rose vs. KG? Tough one there...

For the thread. No he isn't ruining his legacy, he won't be remembered as an a-hole, he will be remembered as a great basketball player who happened to also be an a-hole - not the other way around. Also I doubt he really cares about any of that.

miller74
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Jerry Rice and Michael Jordan were a few of the biggest trash talkers in their times, probably not as vulgar as some of KGs comments, but they were no saints

Mr Wonderful
11-16-2010, 03:28 PM

LMAO:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::cra zy:

koreancabbage
11-16-2010, 03:28 PM
his legacy won't be ruined. this is just a phase at his point in his career. It'll blow over in 5-10 years when he retires. We probably even remember this happened.

the only way KG ruins his legacy is if he gets himself kicked out of the league or ruins the team chemistry by saying that stuff to his teammates, i mean his star teammates like Rondo, Pierce or Allen. Then people will say he's a cancer.

in other words, no this will not ruin his legacy. He's a fierce competitor, though he's being very douchy and tool lately, but he's still got the fire inside.

Switch
11-16-2010, 03:30 PM

I don't see how he revolutionized the position? And I certainly don't see him being the 2nd best PF of all time. Guys like Karl Malone and Tim Duncan are 1 and 2. Kevin Garnet is a top 5 PF, but no way is he better then Duncan or Malone.

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Top 5

5. KG

4. Mchale

3. Karl malone

2. Tim Duncan

1. Moses Malone... Just what I think

Avenged
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
His time in Boston has made his legacy even greater (championship) so I disagree. The greatest to ever play the game was a trash talker and that didn't ruin his legacy.

eugene
11-16-2010, 04:14 PM
LMAO:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::cra zy:

Maybe not the best but top5 definitely...

Duncan
McHale
Malone
Pettit
Garnett

badkins1121
11-16-2010, 04:38 PM
the article says that KG didnt start his antics until he went to Boston, but then there is a video posted that has multiple clips of him in his wolves uniform doing these things. The guy has been the same player his hole career, its just when he moved to Boston, the spotlight became much bigger. The writer of this article is just another media person writing about something they dont know about.

Yeah wasn't much better when he was here but nobody cared because the Wolves weren't good most of the time and didn't get all the media attention lol. I think he has gotten worse since winning the championship though.

Hes just one of those players that you love if hes on your team but hate him if hes not on your team lol

Lim
11-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Buncha salty *** dorks in this thread. This guy actually had to bring rondo up haha. I hate the celts and kg but you people are pretty dumb sometimes....

It's basketball, dudes do some dirty s**t sometimes they get away with it. You know how many times I watched AI travel??? I didn't care becUse he was on my team and he got away with it by playing it off right. Pretty much a buncha umads, cus none of these guys play on your squad.

me being a sixers fan i should naturally hate the celtics, but i actually like rondo and the celtics a lot. theyre one of my fav teams to watch. but that doesnt change the fact that rondo is a pu$$y for not backing up his teammates in that video.... so i dunno wtf ur talking about lol

AntiG
11-16-2010, 06:19 PM
And Malone is one of the top 10 scumbags in the history of sports... and played on the Lakers. Barkley jumped to Phoenix then Houston and always had plenty of trash to talk. Duncan is one of the biggest whiners in the history of sports when it comes to foul calls. Heck, just ask anyone involved with Michael Jordan how much of a douche he was. All this talk about "ruining his legacy" is pointless drivel.

tr3ymill3r
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
For all of you calling him A-holes, get ready for this. You are the same people who get walked over by the so called A-holes. He's trash talking and it's a part of the game. Now a days we got little pusses IE Villenueva who run to post comments on twitter. Where as in the past we identified A-holes as Rodman or Barkley, guys who went out there and were better than others and weren't scared to show it vocally or emotionally. For those of you who have played sports, you understand that trash talk can be quite important and ultimately shut down an opponent based on psychology. Let's face it, Larry Bird was never the most athletic guy on the court, but he would trash talk everyone to get in their heads and he knew what to say and when to say it to get the most out of it. If it hadn't been for a puss and twitter people would still love KG and think he's a hard working guy who brings fire and intensity. Let's not go crazy over a tweet from a guy who is over paid and can't hack it in Detroit.

J4KOP99
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
and Malone is one of the top 10 scumbags in the history of sports... and played on the Lakers. Barkley jumped to Phoenix then Houston. All this talk about "ruining his legacy" is pointless drivel.

I would completely agree.

I still think that Barkley, Malone, Duncan and maybe a couple others are better than Garnett though.

And Garnett didn't revolutionize ****.

--If the current media was around during Malone, they'd tear him a new one. Malone is an *******.

tcav701
11-16-2010, 06:34 PM
I can't believe people are saying Barkely and Malone are better when they were worse people.

Malone has about 14 kids and refused pay child support when he was making millions.

Sir Charles was/is a raging alcoholic among many other "bad" things.

The fact no one remembers this is reason to believe people won't remember KG as a "meanie pants".

magichatnumber9
11-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I have more of a problem with the condescending hypocrite posters on this site then KG. I can't take you serious when you call a man you don't know an *** hole. You judge a person by what you see on t.v during a competitive game. I guess some people here still go to home room 5 times a week.

xxcubs22xx
11-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah, wow. Alot of hate on KG. Unwarranted indeed.

KG is not a bad person...Infact, you can learn quite a bit from him

And his legacy? Perfectly intact.

redsox0717
11-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah, wow. Alot of hate on KG. Unwarranted indeed.

KG is not a bad person...Infact, you can learn quite a bit from him

And his legacy? Perfectly intact.

From a Bulls fan? :speechless:

tjlipford
11-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Don't need to read any article to answer this. What has he really done to deserve all this scrutiny? All his issues are basketball related and towards his opponents. Lol. He is a dog who always talked **** to his opponents and his game always backed him up. Then he went to Boston and made them a defensive powerhouse and beat LA and got a ring. What's wrong with that. A player like KG can always play on my team.

Honestly IMO that whole villaneuva situation was a ***** move by Villaneuva because he needs to address that like a real man to KG and only KG not from some ****ing twitter where u are trying to tell on him or something. If KG really did say it I don't agree with it, but Villaneuva needs to grow some balls and handle that with KG on his own time. KG is a legend, and I'm gonna hate when he retires. He is truly a last of a dying breed. I'll never forget when he won he said "what u gon say now?" KG reminds me of that backyard or park basketball that I grew up playing

tjlipford
11-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Another thing. This has nothing to do with the OP of this thread, but so many people on here act just like the media. Honestly, I don't care what these players do in there personal life like who pays child support or who cheats on there wife etc.... I never cared about that. All I really care about is them as players & could really care less how there attitudes are. All I care about is if they are producing for my team in the NFL & the NBA. Too much gossip about BS

DreamShaker
11-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Well, to be fair to the OP. I read the article, and to explain everything, it was written by a chick!;)

But that aside, guys on sports forums are more than casual fans, obviously. So it is hard to find takers in this group to agree for the same reasons this writer did. She says the current incarnation of KG and who he is now, statistically inferior coupled with the supposed "bullying", is what people will remember more than his excellent skill. I don't necessarily agree, first because he is still a very effective player, who plays differently. Age is a factor, but also the team he is on doesn't need him to produce Minnesota numbers. She did not account that once, from what I recall, in that article.

drobe86
11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
I like it.... Kg doesn't wanna make friends and doesn't give a damn abotu anybody.... Thats the way the game is supposed to be played..... **** Friends

Tony_Starks
11-16-2010, 07:38 PM
I'll always remember him as a fake toughguy that picked on guys he knew would back down, and backed down from guys that stood up to him.

Other than that you can't take the allstars and the one and done championship away from him so I guess it is what it is......

Lakeshow86
11-16-2010, 07:39 PM
KG ruined his legacy along time ago. As far as im concerned, the man is total classeless, cheapshot making A-hole

Sactown
11-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I'll always remember him as a fake toughguy that picked on guys he knew would back down, and backed down from guys that stood up to him.

Other than that you can't take the allstars and the one and done championship away from him so I guess it is what it is......

can I get a video of KG backing down to someone? never seen it?

dodie53
11-16-2010, 09:02 PM
kg is an *** hole

indeed

KnicksorBust
11-16-2010, 09:40 PM
This trash talk BS doesn't change how great he was as a basketball player. Do I prefer a guy like Tim Duncan? Of course. But would I want a league of all Tim Duncans? Of course not.

Corey
11-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Whats funny to me is that people think KG magically changed.

He's been the same jerk his entire career. People just realize it and dislike him for it a lot more since he's on a contending team.

Ask Minny fans.

KnicksorBust
11-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Whats funny to me is that people think KG magically changed.

He's been the same jerk his entire career. People just realize it and dislike him for it a lot more since he's on a contending team.

Ask Minny fans.

Easier to pick on a loud mouth jerk once his skills are declining. If Jordan was running around getting 14ppg as a SG on the Mavs and talking trash people would tear him up for it too.

CowboysKB24
11-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Have you watched a couple MJ interviews?

bagwell368
11-17-2010, 12:33 AM
I love KG, I wish I saw more of him earlier in his career. Trash talking, intense defender, great passer, fine shooter. Go take a look at the defense stats for the other Celts on the '08 team, the ones that never played any D before.

His knee is all set, and he's playing very well right now. He's one of the 15 greatest NBA players ever. Tough to take isn't it?

KnicksorBust
11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
I love KG, I wish I saw more of him earlier in his career. Trash talking, intense defender, great passer, fine shooter. Go take a look at the defense stats for the other Celts on the '08 team, the ones that never played any D before.

His knee is all set, and he's playing very well right now. He's one of the 15 greatest NBA players ever. Tough to take isn't it?

That's a debate waiting to happen...

masalex1205
11-17-2010, 01:17 AM
great, a article bashing KG...if Garnett wasn't like this, he wouldn't have revolutionized teh Celtics culture and won a championship

Super.
11-17-2010, 01:40 AM
KG is a complete *******. That's why I love him.

Paulliwali
11-17-2010, 01:59 AM
I think his personality didn't change, like the poster above said, he has always been a trash talker, its just the spotlight is on and media blow up this whole thing

John Walls Era
11-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Wasn't his legacy ruined when he decided to teamup? Or is there a double standard... when Lebron teams up his legacy is ruined, but KG's remains intact.

tcav701
11-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Wasn't his legacy ruined when he decided to teamup? Or is there a double standard... when Lebron teams up his legacy is ruined, but KG's remains intact.

What??!?!?!

KG was traded to the Celtics for Big Al, Ryan Gomes, Telfair, Theo Ratliff's expiring and 2 first rounders.

How is him and LeBron's situations even comparable?