PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo takes a jab at Bosh

spreadeagle
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
If and when ‘Melo leaves the Mile High City, he promises not to leave the way a certain former Raptor did. From the NY Post: “The lines of communication already had been connected almost immediately after the exaggerated trade report surfaced. Ever since the ‘news’ hit the doorstep, Kroenke and Ujiri have sought out Anthony for opinions on team matters, just as he’s gone to them with suggestions. Both sides now know exactly what must be done. He wants to see the team improved within the next three months, or shown a plausible plan to get better this summer. He promises not to leave his team hanging. ‘I’m not Chris Bosh,’ Anthony declared. ‘We’re not the same person. What I do will be straight up. Management knows that.’ Considering Anthony’s tentative Nuggets future, management has an almost impossible assignment. How do you get better when you’ve got to give up an asset to get one? How do you buy a wheel for a car that might soon be repossessed? How do you do balance business and justice when Martin and J.R. Smith are rising free agents and Chauncey Billups can be bought out of next season’s $14.2 million obligation for $3.75 million? The key is not to make hasty decisions. The idea is to see how things play out in the standings over x-amount of games so fantasy can be separated from reality. The hope is to get Martin and Andersen back on the court. If Karl, who’s back holding players accountable, and the two brutes were at the top of their defensive game, would Anthony be tempted to leave?”
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/carmelo-anthony-im-not-chris-bosh/

td0tsfinest
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
:box:

seems like everyone is hating on Chris now a days. He wanted exposure, probably not the reaction he wanted though.

devv83
11-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Where is the shot, he also said he is not Lebron James like two days ago, and there best friends so............

Hunter48MVP
11-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Melo vs Bosh :catfight:

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Where is the shot, he also said he is not Lebron James like two days ago, and there best friends so............

The shot is like both those guys they knoew they were not going to sign with their respective teams....So instead of their teams getting something in return now they have nothing...Basically letting Denver know that he is not coming back so you either trade me or I leave at the end of the season and you get nothing....I respect Melo for that...

Hawkeye15
11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Melo vs Bosh :catfight:

we have all seen how Melo fights.

Geargo Wallace
11-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Melo is not very Mellow

td0tsfinest
11-16-2010, 01:26 PM

:laugh2: I completely forgot about that.

miller74
11-16-2010, 01:30 PM

lol i cant imagine Bosh is much different

king4day
11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Melo really can't talk if he ends up leaving too.
It's not like Bosh leaving was a shocker.

Gibby23
11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Melo really can't talk if he ends up leaving too.
It's not like Bosh leaving was a shocker.

Not if he let's the team trade him and get young players, cap relief, and draft picks in exchange.

Lakerfrk
11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Not if he let's the team trade him and get young players, cap relief, and draft picks in exchange.

what do you mean "let" his team trade him.... toronto could have traded Bosh....

Sadds The Gr8
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
what do you mean "let" his team trade him.... toronto could have traded Bosh....

why would we have traded him when we were on such a roll last year right before the all-star break. We were the 5th seed, if we traded him and gave up playoff chances everyone would see us as stupid.

RidgeRaider24
11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
melo and bosh :laugh:

ramansingh3
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
why would we have traded him when we were on such a roll last year right before the all-star break. We were the 5th seed, if we traded him and gave up playoff chances everyone would see us as stupid.

I agree and it's not like he let management know his decision. He seemed pretty happy at the time when the raptors were on a roll. So it made sense to keep him cause at the time it seemed like he would re-sign. Nobody knew what was going to happen, everyone just speculates. No one knew that LeBron and Bosh were going to go to Miami.

Ragun
11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
lebron did the same thing as bosh :S

Gibby23
11-16-2010, 02:00 PM

It would have been hard because Bosh wasn't going to sign an extension and wanted to be a free agent to make the Miami big 3 happen. No team was going to give up much for a half year rental. Melo is willing to sign the extension, but wants to play on another team and he has notified Denver of the teams he would like to go to.

Rego247
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM

like saddler said we were on a roll to trade bosh would have been giving up on the season. plus its not like they we didnt try, there were deals on the table like possibly dealing bosh to cleveland, but bosh didnt want that. he knew what he was gonna do and where he was gonna go all along.

melo has a point, bosh kept management in the dark, at least melo is being straight up about it and letting management know where he stands.

Johnny_Chingas
11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
like saddler said we were on a roll to trade bosh would have been giving up on the season. plus its not like they we didnt try, there were deals on the table like possibly dealing bosh to cleveland, but bosh didnt want that. he knew what he was gonna do and where he was gonna go all along.

melo has a point, bosh kept management in the dark, at least melo is being straight up about it and letting management know where he stands.

Exactly! The same for Lebron

ramz.n
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
melo will stay if he gets talent, unlike bosh and lebron..they both talked about the possibility of staying but everyone knew they were leaving, at least let your franchise know ahead of time so they dont bring in stupid contracts ( mo williams, antawn jamison, jermaine oneal, shawn marion, jack) and than just book it out of town..with melo, if they are willing to get those players he will stay, if not they rebuild now with a fresh start and are not log jammed with contracts.

Fmaranesi
11-16-2010, 02:34 PM
another heat thread :no:

Lakerfrk
11-16-2010, 02:39 PM

What you just explained proves that Bosh DIDNT keep Toronto in the dark. Thew knew he wasnt going to re-sign. Bosh told them that. He wanted to be a free agent. Just because he walked away, that shouldn't make him a pariah. I got no beef with Bosh.

He didn't want to be there, and they knew it. They could have dealt him somewhere who wanted his expiring contract if they wanted to get something back for him. Didn't have to be Cleveland.

Sadds The Gr8
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
What you just explained proves that Bosh DIDNT keep Toronto in the dark. Thew knew he wasnt going to re-sign. Bosh told them that. He wanted to be a free agent. Just because he walked away, that shouldn't make him a pariah. I got no beef with Bosh.

yes he did...he knew what he was gonna do all along. He said that he was seriously considering Toronto as an option when he made that "list" of 6 teams, and acted like he wanted to be here so badly with that stupid twitter crap. During the all-star break we had a playoff spot and thought maybe we could've convinced him to stay if we made a playoff run.

He didn't want to be there, and they knew it. They could have dealt him somewhere who wanted his expiring contract if they wanted to get something back for him. Didn't have to be Cleveland.

like i said before....why do this when we were in the middle of a playoff race? I'm 100% sure that the fans would've preferred us to keep Bosh and try to make that playoff run, over trading him and giving up on the season. Plus, Colangelo knew we weren't gonna get equal value for him because he'd be a rental (remember he and LBJ and Wade planned this **** for awhile). By making the playoffs, it would've raised our odds of keeping him, but he knew what he was doing all along, and did the same **** that LBJ did, except in less of a douche bag way.

Mudvayne91
11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Melo is doing Denver no real favors.

King P
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Funny how he disses Chris Bosh, but not Lebron who did the exact same thing as Bosh.

Lakerfan8032
11-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I think Toronto was foolish for not trading him. I thought it was rather obvious that he was going to leave. He is a media whore and was definitely going to go to a large U.S. market. I don't care what he was telling Raptors management, I would have found the best deal for the team and traded him to ensure getting something for him. If anyone honestly thought that Bosh was going to remain in Toronto they are naive or extremely dumb.

I also have to respect the fact that Carmelo is telling Denver to either improve the team or trade me because I won't be back next year. At least he is being honest instead of beating around the bush or being politically correct. I still think he is gone but I guess we'll see.

Lakerfan8032
11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Melo is doing Denver no real favors.

This is very true, too. The only thing different is that he is not being a weasel about it.

Tony_Starks
11-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I wonder what in the world Denver is thinking? At the end of the day, with or without Melo, there's still no way in hell they beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. Really they may not even beat Utah or NO, should they match up.

There best bet is to clean house and start over. By continuing to fool around they're just ensuring that they get a horrible offer as they get closer to the deadline and teams know that they are desperate..... Package Melo/Smith/K Mart and have a coke and a smile!

pebloemer
11-16-2010, 04:56 PM

Technically we was still traded. Raptor's got a TPE of 17 million, their first round pick back and Miami's first round pick in 2011.

I think Toronto was foolish for not trading him. I thought it was rather obvious that he was going to leave. He is a media whore and was definitely going to go to a large U.S. market. I don't care what he was telling Raptors management, I would have found the best deal for the team and traded him to ensure getting something for him. If anyone honestly thought that Bosh was going to remain in Toronto they are naive or extremely dumb.

I also have to respect the fact that Carmelo is telling Denver to either improve the team or trade me because I won't be back next year. At least he is being honest instead of beating around the bush or being politically correct. I still think he is gone but I guess we'll see.

I think Carmelo is definitely being more open about it than Bosh was. And I don't blame any player for acting within their rights. However, I think it is easy to say "If anyone honestly thought that Bosh was going to remain in Toronto they are naive or extremely dumb." It is an oversimplification in hindsight. Bosh's consistent message was that he wanted to win. Yes he wanted to wait to signt he extension to talk to other teams, but that doesn't mean he's leaving. It was claimed by management that if Bosh wanted to go elsewhere he was very interested in working with management to facilitate a sign and trade. From a business standpoint, management is also under considerable pressure to keep their star player. The longer you keep the player, the more his value is reduced as he becomes a "rent a player" with his contract ending.

Does management throw in the towel at the beginning of the season, get good value for Bosh, but gets **** on by the owners for dealing away the marketable piece of the franchise?

Does management trade away Bosh at the deadline for reduced value, while the team is playing well and their is resounding optimism around franchise once again?

OR

Does management was to try and resign him in the off-season, knowing that if it fails, he is willing to coordinate a sign and trade to get something of value in return?

It is a far more complex picture. Carmelo's honesty at least helps Denver make the most informed decision possible. I'm sure handling the Carmelo situation will be one of the early definitive moments in Ujiri's management career. Hopefully it doesn't ruin it before it starts.

John Walls Era
11-16-2010, 04:56 PM
But doesn't take a jab at Lebron? Didn't Lebron leave the Cavs hanging until the last week of FA signing.

pebloemer
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
I wonder what in the world Denver is thinking? At the end of the day, with or without Melo, there's still no way in hell they beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. Really they may not even beat Utah or NO, should they match up.

There best bet is to clean house and start over. By continuing to fool around they're just ensuring that they get a horrible offer as they get closer to the deadline and teams know that they are desperate..... Package Melo/Smith/K Mart and have a coke and a smile!

Will the owners and fan base accept that at this point?

footballer2369
11-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Carmello slowly creeping towards irrelevance...

Byronicle
11-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I agree and it's not like he let management know his decision. He seemed pretty happy at the time when the raptors were on a roll. So it made sense to keep him cause at the time it seemed like he would re-sign. Nobody knew what was going to happen, everyone just speculates. No one knew that LeBron and Bosh were going to go to Miami.

because Miami Heat fans keep up with he Raptors, watching everyone of their games right? So you would know that he was happy correct?

Up to the All-Star break we were on a roll, then all of a sudden after the All - Star break we were losing games. You could see something has changed in Bosh, since his numbers started to decline, you can see in his body language that he was unhappy.

The problem was that he is showing this way past trade deadline, and the fans knew from his play after the NBA All Star game that he was tanking, and he admitted to tanking. Why do you think us fans didn't care about him leaving and not wanting to resign this guy? Because he tanked, it was pretty obvious.

So knowing that you tanked the rest of the season, why didn't he tell us from day 1 of free agency that he was thinking of leaving?

dnewguy
11-16-2010, 07:50 PM
The wierd thing was that he said he is like Lebron James for wanting to win, then a moment later he said he's not like Chris Bosh. Didn't Lebron and Bosh do the same thing?

Melo15
11-16-2010, 08:10 PM
But doesn't take a jab at Lebron? Didn't Lebron leave the Cavs hanging until the last week of FA signing.

LeBron is only half the player Bosh is though, duh.

Sactown
11-16-2010, 08:17 PM
When a player reaches his final season in his contract and doesn't sign an extension.. then you begin to gamble by not trading him.. Cavs and Raps lost the gamble.. not everyone is a winner, so let's move on

D Roses Bulls
11-16-2010, 08:19 PM
who doesnt take a jab at bosh or james these days?

RapToronto95
11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
LeBron is only half the player Bosh is though, duh.

Are you sure? Do you know what you are saying?

I say LeBron is only 1/5th of the player Bosh is

Raph12
11-17-2010, 01:32 AM
He's right, both Lebron and Bosh should've given their teams a notice prior to free agency that they were leaving and let them do w/e they could to help their franchise. Just think about the value a team like Cleveland could've gotten for Lebron prior to free agency...

I see nothing wrong with what Melo is doing, he let his team know, yes he could've done it behind closed doors, but a public notice is better than no notice at all.

Mudvayne91
11-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Although the writing is pretty much on the wall, we really don't know that Melo has said there's no chance he would resign. There's all these "sources" that say so, but when he speaks, it's these wishy washy answers like he isn't worried about now and he's keeping his options open instead of saying he's gone. The latest he's claiming is he would stay if he thinks they can win a title within 3 years. Now I don't believe any of it, but still.... I mean why would he be in such a hurry to go to NY if winning is the number one priority? The Knicks do not look like championship team in the foreseeable future. The point I'm trying to make is he's not really acting that much better than the others, if at all.

Blazers#1Fan
11-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Are you sure? Do you know what you are saying?

I say LeBron is only 1/5th of the player Bosh is

what are you guys talking bout???????????? lebron is .01% the player bosh is

carmelo is atleast saying trade him and get players and draft picks in return

if i was denver i'd do a 3 team trade
DEN GETs:Iguodala
Chi Gets: Carmelo
76ers GET: DENG & Chicago's 1st round draft pick

everybody wins

xsafrsdtgdeds
11-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Welcome to our website : ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

Exactly Price depend on the amount you order , more order more discount !

NFL($16), NBA($15.00), NHL($28.00), MLB($17.00)

1)Payment :Paypal, T/T , western union, moneygram

2)Express shipment : DHL, UPS, EMS, TNT

3)Delivery time:3-6days to received your order in hand

4)Customs : Promise the duty if detained we resend or refund

5)Policy: Anything has quality problem , we refund
All Jersey's Names, Numbers, Patches, & Logos 100% Sewn.
NOTHING SILKSCREENED!

( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

DenButsu
11-17-2010, 08:44 AM
The wierd thing was that he said he is like Lebron James for wanting to win, then a moment later he said he's not like Chris Bosh. Didn't Lebron and Bosh do the same thing?

I found that strange, too. If anything, I thought LBJ handled his departure worse than Bosh.

I chalk this one up just to Melo being friends with LeBron, but maybe with Bosh not so much? I don't know.

Stupid of him to compare or contrast himself with ANY of them, though. He should just stick to, "My situation is different, I just have to do my own thing."

And then sign the damn extension.

ragee
11-17-2010, 09:08 AM

Melo was the one who threw a punch then run to his straight to his teammates, right?

el_primo_nano
11-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Melo is a bit jelly in the belly that he isnt in the Knicks right now

Kyben36
11-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I didnt expect him to stay in toronto, not a very good team or market, where is the incentive ???. with that said, I dont disrespect him for going to miami, him and wade would make a hell of a combo, but I just dont think he works as a 3rd option, he isnt a guy who can work without the ball in his hands, and right now, James and WAde are dominating the ball.

OA SLAY
11-17-2010, 10:06 AM
if Melo took a jab at bosh he'd be dead

ThunderZubb
11-17-2010, 10:07 AM
I didnt expect him to stay in toronto, not a very good team or market, where is the incentive ???. with that said, I dont disrespect him for going to miami, him and wade would make a hell of a combo, but I just dont think he works as a 3rd option, he isnt a guy who can work without the ball in his hands, and right now, James and WAde are dominating the ball.

what do you mean not a good market team? Last time I checked Toronto has the 4th largest market in north america so you better get your facts straight. Plus Toronto Raptors has been in the Top 10 for attendance in the past 5 years so please please get your facts straight before you sound stupid thanks and do your research.

cambovenzi
11-17-2010, 10:08 AM
He would have said "I'm not lebron james", but then everyone would say "damn right you aren't lebron james"

ThunderZubb
11-17-2010, 10:09 AM

what do you mean not a good market team? Last time I checked Toronto has the 4th largest market in north america so you better get your facts straight. Plus Toronto Raptors has been in the Top 10 for attendance in the past 5 years so please please get your facts straight before you sound stupid thanks and do your research.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-17-2010, 10:13 AM
What Lebron did was way worst then what Bosh did even tho Bosh was an jerk about it too. Lebron said, all I want to do was win...and his team led the league with the regular seasons best record two years in a row, made it out of the first round of the playoffs 4 years in a row, made it to the eastern conference finals 2 years, and the finals 1. They made EVERY move they could make without Lebron being much help and that STILL wasn't enough to keep him. Bosh went about it totally wrong, but at least he didn't leave a team who had as much success as Cleveland did. You could say the same thing about Melo and Denver who also haven't been as successful in the playoffs as the cavs had previously. And Lebron did it on national televison! Talk about sticking a fork into the people who spent money on your products and cherished you. What Lebron did was way worst. It wasn't about winning like he said. It was about partying in Miami. That was more important then winning.

OA SLAY
11-17-2010, 10:13 AM

Attendance doesnt cout n T.o stiill sucks, be real. That being said TO is always better without a 100million$ pusss bag!!!!

mjt20mik
11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Attendance doesnt cout n T.o stiill sucks, be real. That being said TO is always better without a 100million$ pusss bag!!!!

What are you talking about? Toronto is ranked top 10 in revenue made as well. Seriously, people need to get off that Toronto is a small market. It's annoying.

phoenix_bladen
11-17-2010, 12:38 PM
What are you talking about? Toronto is ranked top 10 in revenue made as well. Seriously, people need to get off that Toronto is a small market. It's annoying.

agreed.... those that say that are very ignorant of Canada........

satui10
11-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I have genuine respect for Carmello Anthony for this...at the end of the day you have act respectful in order to gain respect. Also, it is especially stupid to burn bridges when you don't have to because you never know when you'll need to cross the river again and you don't want to end up like Bosh who is drowning without any resurfacing in sight. I don't like the Heat, but why is Haslem and House (a bench player) looking like better assets than the "supposed" third wheel who seems like he's left his centering talents back in Toronto somewhere. If Bosh's play doesn't come up and come up soon, he's about to look reeeeaaaalllll stupid for leaving in such an disrespectful, ungrateful way just to underperform and be cast out on the street.

I don't think Mello took a jab at Bosh, but is stating it how it really is. Many people are already trying to demonize him for distracting his team with his trade talk, but he's setting the record straight by saying "no, I'm doing this so that there are no surprises at the end of this season..." Also, Anthony is too good of a player to remain at a team that loses to the Pacers by some 30ish points and then win against the Lakers....they're too damn inconsistent to be looked upon seriously. I think Mello will leave because its impossible for them to acquire the tools necessary (in that short of time) to take Denver to that next level. ...and so let the future trade discussion begin....

tcav701
11-17-2010, 12:46 PM
agreed.... those that say that are very ignorant of Canada........

:clap:

The only thing more annoying than the fan's ignorance is the player's ignorance when it come to playing in Toronto.

Mudvayne91
11-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I have genuine respect for Carmello Anthony for this...at the end of the day you have act respectful in order to gain respect. Also, it is especially stupid to burn bridges when you don't have to because you never know when you'll need to cross the river again and you don't want to end up like Bosh who is drowning without any resurfacing in sight. I don't like the Heat, but why is Haslem and House (a bench player) looking like better assets than the "supposed" third wheel who seems like he's left his centering talents back in Toronto somewhere. If Bosh's play doesn't come up and come up soon, he's about to look reeeeaaaalllll stupid for leaving in such an disrespectful, ungrateful way just to underperform and be cast out on the street.

I don't think Mello took a jab at Bosh, but is stating it how it really is. Many people are already trying to demonize him for distracting his team with his trade talk, but he's setting the record straight by saying "no, I'm doing this so that there are no surprises at the end of this season..." Also, Anthony is too good of a player to remain at a team that loses to the Pacers by some 30ish points and then win against the Lakers....they're too damn inconsistent to be looked upon seriously. I think Mello will leave because its impossible for them to acquire the tools necessary (in that short of time) to take Denver to that next level. ...and so let the future trade discussion begin....

Ok, when the Nugs played Indiana, they were playing a back to back and a 5th game in 7 nights. Yes, bad loss, but semi understandable. Also, we are w/o our starting PF and backup C. Short term - the Nuggets won't have Kmart or JR on the books next year. They could trade them at the deadline (expensive expiring contracts very valuable) or have them go at the end of they year and sign a max player and another good player too.

KDM1986
11-17-2010, 05:24 PM
melo and bosh :laugh:

I've seen middle school girls throw down better then those 2!

Mudvayne91
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
^ you mean you don't quickly pace backwards after sucker punching someone?

smith&wesson
11-17-2010, 06:02 PM
This is very true, too. The only thing different is that he is not being a weasel about it.

thats a big difference. specially when bosh agreed to work with brian colangilo and then was a weesel about his every move in free agency,
when he gave the impression he would agree to a sign and trade.

why would BC try to trade bosh before the all star break when the raps
were 5th seed in the east and fighting for seeding in the playoffs.

sdrobert
11-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Teams arent going to trade valuable picks or players if they dont have a garuntee from Melo that he will sign an extension. So if melo doesnt allow the trade by signing an extension with the new team its not going to happen.

sdrobert
11-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Does this mean that carmelo wont have a huge tv special while everyone waits for him to announce what his decision is even though he already knew for a month before his show aired.

KDM1986
11-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Does this mean that carmelo wont have a huge tv special while everyone waits for him to announce what his decision is even though he already knew for a month before his show aired.

God I hope not.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Melo's right hook is deadly. It dropped Mardy Collins... I'm sure Melo would melt Bosh./

Kenny Powders
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pld16EkH9-Y