PDA

View Full Version : ESPN- Mark Cuban Laughs at the Heat's Struggles

xabial
11-15-2010, 09:34 PM
The Miami Heat are the NBA's big Rorschach test -- when you see them, what do you see?

I don't know exactly what Mark Cuban sees ... maybe he sees, in LeBron James, a player he hoped to nab this summer. Maybe he sees a way to get himself in the headlines. Maybe he just sees competition. The real answer is not clear.

What is clear, however, is that when he sees the Heat losing, he's happy.

He was on ESPN radio in Dallas and reacts to the Heat's four early losses by saying:

Hallelujah, boys, is that great or what? Ö

How cool is that? Now, they could still turn it around and win out for all that matters, but youíre starting to see some of the problems. Any team with a strong, big guy that can score, theyíre getting abused by. Paul Millsap goes out and pulls a Tracy McGrady. What, Tracy McGrady scored 13 and 30 and Paul Millsap scores 11 in 29 seconds or something like that? They just donít have size to battle. They have the fewest points in the paint of any team and thatís tough. Ö

My buddy Dan Gilbert is smiling all the way, too. Again, itís early in the season and you never quite know how itís going to play out, but how glorious.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/21704/mark-cuban-laughs-at-the-heats-struggles

Duno if its Thread worthy with all the Heat threads and what-not, But This made me laugh. Not at The Heat, Not At Cuban, but it just made me laugh in general.

effen5
11-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Any team with a decent PF/PG can beat the heat.

Ebbs
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh Cuban no doubt will take some heat for this too. My favorite is still when he called K-Mart a thug in front of his mom lol!

KnicksorBust
11-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Heat bashers need to soak it all in now because they're going to put it together quicker than we realize and rattle off a double digit win streak. That will shut everybody up until the playoffs. That will be the real test.

Crackadalic
11-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Heat are a good team but there not invincible some people claim there were just because you have 3 of the top 10 players in the league does not mean your going to win a championship you have to have a complete team from 1-12 to win it all

tredigs
11-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Heat bashers need to soak it all in now because they're going to put it together quicker than we realize and rattle off a double digit win streak. That will shut everybody up until the playoffs. That will be the real test.

Nail, meet head.

The criticism of their lack of size in the block is legit, but I have a feeling Lebron is going to develop a strong post game over the next few months/year, and Bosh will undoubtedly find his groove and become a stronger presence as well. They're simply too talented not to find it eventually, and this early "struggle" shouldn't be that surprising given their lack of pre-season play together & a tough opening schedule.

I'm all for some healthy Heat bashing, but anyone doing it before at least 2011 rolls around is just exercising their ignorance on what it means to change 4/5th's of your team and expect instant domination.

That team is FAR from invincible (and are probably slight underdogs to a healthy Celtics or Lakers squad), but they're going to be much more competitive/dominant than what we're seeing when the playoffs come around, let alone the next couple seasons when they undoubtedly add another banger in the block.

BkOriginalOne
11-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Heat will not make it to the finals.

BkOriginalOne
11-15-2010, 09:54 PM
And... It's going to be one of the funniest things in sports History.
Mark Cuban's got an unbelievable sense of humor.

Hunter48MVP
11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I laugh at Mark Cuban and the Heat. They are both not going to win a championship for a long long long time

effen5
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Nail, meet head.

The criticism of their lack of size in the block is legit, but I have a feeling Lebron is going to develop a strong post game over the next few months/year, and Bosh will undoubtedly find his groove and become a stronger presence as well. They're simply too talented not to find it eventually, and this early "struggle" shouldn't be that surprising given their lack of pre-season play together & a tough opening schedule.

I'm all for some healthy Heat bashing, but anyone doing it before at least 2011 rolls around is just exercising their ignorance on what it means to change 4/5th's of your team and expect instant domination.

That team is FAR from invincible (and are probably slight underdogs to a healthy Celtics or Lakers squad), but they're going to be much more competitive/dominant than what we're seeing when the playoffs come around, let alone the next couple seasons when they undoubtedly add another banger in the block.

Just out of curiousity, why do you think Bron will start developing a post game? Why hasn't he developed one in the past 5 years?

GOON MUSIC
11-15-2010, 10:10 PM
me too

tredigs
11-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Just out of curiousity, why do you think Bron will start developing a post game? Why hasn't he developed one in the past 5 years?

2 reasons I think he probably will:

#1: I've seen him start to develop it already this season. He's gotten deep in the block trying to get looks more than a few times already (which we rarely ever saw in Cleveland). Hell, he attempted a short running baby hook last game. Almost never see that from him.

#2: It's something they need, period. He's a mismatch in the block against any SF in the league, and it's possible that he can be more important to them in that space than Bosh even (when he's relinquishing point duties to Arroyo/Wade obviously).

ManRam
11-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't get why people keep attacking the Heat...I mean I do, but I don't get how it's advantageous. It just comes off as childish and silly. What's to gain by bashing them?

They haven't even gotten out of the blocks yet basically. This is a marathon for them; they're all signed for so long...a few games doesn't mean anything.

kswissdaf
11-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Talk to me in june

TylerSL
11-15-2010, 10:31 PM
to all the haters! Laugh it up now, because when this team meshes the whole league is in alot of trouble.

mjt20mik
11-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't get why people keep attacking the Heat...I mean I do, but I don't get how it's advantageous. It just comes off as childish and silly. What's to gain by bashing them?

They haven't even gotten out of the blocks yet basically. This is a marathon for them; they're all signed for so long...a few games doesn't mean anything.

This.

I really see them getting far this year, but not winning it. But they have so much time to develop, it's actually going to be disgusting when they are well versed with each other.

John Walls Era
11-15-2010, 10:43 PM
He shouldn't even be laughing. His team has won nothing. I guess he feels good that the Heat are struggling, but last time I check: Heat have 1 championship

GodsSon
11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Until they shore up their front line, they aren't going anywhere...I mean, really, I watched Bosh play for 7 years in Toronto (so I know what I'm talking about when I bring him up) and the guy has ALWAYS been tossed around by stronger 4's and 5's. Is that suddenly going to change? Especially when it looks like he lost a lot of bulk from last year...A team like Chicago could cause fits for them for YEARS with their strength at the 1, 4 and 5.

Their PG situation is another cause for concern entirely.

djeller1139
11-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Mark Cuban is the most disgusting, vile, grotesque, hateful person in the world. I wish nothing but the worst for that ****.

djeller1139
11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
He shouldn't even be laughing. His team has won nothing. I guess he feels good that the Heat are struggling, but last time I check: Heat have 1 championship

Against his Mavericks nonetheless. As if it couldn't get any better they had a 3-1 series lead too (I believe..).

redsox0717
11-15-2010, 10:51 PM

What's to ever gain by talking trash? True, in a perfect utopian world full of rainbows, no one would ever talk ill of other people. But in sports, it builds rivalries, and makes it more exciting. Sports are more fun to watch when the other teams genuinely hate each other, not when all the players shake hands and hug each other all the time, then when the game's over they eat dinner with their opposition. I for one welcome with open arms teams/players/owners genuinely disliking opposing teams. That's how it was when the NBA was the most exciting.

Hunter48MVP
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Mark Cuban is the most disgusting, vile, grotesque, hateful person in the world. I wish nothing but the worst for that ****.

Right :nod:. I hate Mark Cuban

jkcronyn
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
was it the heat who came back from 0-2 to beat them? im not jumping like OH SUCK IT HEAT or OH SUCK IT DALLAS its truly just curiosity

BeantownBill
11-15-2010, 10:55 PM
to all the haters! Laugh it up now, because when this team gets a real center and a true point guard, the whole league is in alot of trouble.

Fixed.

Hunter48MVP
11-15-2010, 11:00 PM
to all the haters! Laugh it up now, because when this team meshes the whole league is in alot of trouble.

:laugh2: nice joke. Your team is already in a lot of trouble. You should be worry about your team and how they are not going to win a championship for a long time.

prodigy
11-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Cuban is a great guy. Props for saying what everyone is thinking.

The heat will be good no question. But no way in hell they win the championship without some kind of big man. They are so weak its not even funny.

lhu39a
11-15-2010, 11:05 PM
welcome come to our b2cshop website:( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

everybody!sorry bother your time a min,we are serious and professional jersey supplier,we can offer NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA jerser,the NFL jersey 18usd each,the NHL jersey 38USD each.MLB jersey 18usd each,NAB jersey 18usd each.we have many jerseys of other players, so please contact us for more information if you are interested in .

1) More pictures available on our website ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

2) Many colors available .
3) Perfect quality, small order accepted .
4) 100% safe door to door delivery, within 5 - 7 days air express for small orders .

5) We have lots of jerseys in stock

6) Letters and number are sewn on b2cshop body, 100% embroidery

7) Size: .48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60

8) Delivery by UPS, DHL, EMS door to door

9) Delivery in 5 - 7 days

NFL,NBA,MLB all are 18usd!!!!

The jerseys in stock may be updated everyday !
come on,join us!

( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

Bigbadmoffo
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM

If you got 2 of the best players in the league it's normal. I hate the Lakers the yankees ect. Heat fans should like take it for what it is.

IrespectNumber3
11-15-2010, 11:10 PM
say 2006 NBA finals to Mark Cuban, and see what left he has to say about the heat organization

Bulls_fan90
11-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Against his Mavericks nonetheless. As if it couldn't get any better they had a 3-1 series lead too (I believe..).

You believed wrong. It was a 2-0 lead.

prodigy
11-15-2010, 11:13 PM
say 2006 NBA finals to Mark Cuban, and see what left he has to say about the heat organization

I'm sure a lot lol.

godolphins
11-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Cuban need to be worry about his team who won't even go to the western conference final.

BSplaya2121
11-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't mind some Heat bashing, but only if they don't a championship over the next 3 or 4 years, because then, some questions need to be answered

Jonathan2323
11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
On a scale from 1-10 how bitter is Cuban?

"2006"

justinnum1
11-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Why is he laughing? Must still be mad about 2006:laugh:

Young2Kinsler
11-15-2010, 11:28 PM
I keep hearing Heat fans say just wait, wait til the players mesh, blah blah blah. These guys have played together before and have planned this for years, they are professional athletes, why is is taking so long to "mesh". But what if that doesn't happen? What if teams keep exploiting your weaknesses? It is not out of the realm of possibility that the Heat could just not be as good as some want them, or think them to be.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Mavs fan, Cuban is a funny idiot. The point is, quit acting like it is your God given right for this team to just mesh and run off 100 strait wins.

Of course everyone is glad to see them fail, it's like seeing justice.

Sir Buckets
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Heat will not make it to the finals.This.

Sir Buckets
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
on a scale from 1-10 how bitter is cuban?

"2006"lmao

Sir Buckets
11-15-2010, 11:45 PM
I keep hearing Heat fans say just wait, wait til the players mesh, blah blah blah. These guys have played together before... Seriously, this. They're friends and have played with each other before. It's not like Ray, KG, and Pierce teaming up. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh spent MONTHS together during the Olympics. All the meshing in the world isn't going to fix their lack of a legit post defender (and other weaknesses).

It will probably always be this choppy, "you go," "no you go" thing unless someone gives up a large portion of their game (be it nightly or permanently), like if James were to be like, "Okay, I'll be the primary distributor and occasional scorer." (Hint: not a good situation)

Come playoff time, the other threats in the East (Boston, Orlando, Chicago) all have some form of Heat kryptonite on their teams.

Boston/Chicago (these teams are actually incredibly similar) - Elite PGs, fantastic frontcourts, great and complimentary players
Orlando - Dwight /thread

And even if they get out of that jungle, here come the Lakers with their towering frontcourt, great defenders, and that Kobe guy.

Wade is almost 30. His game IS speed/athleticism. Best case scenario, he improves his all-around shooting and becomes more of a facilitator on offense in a few years. While he came into the league at a later age than a lot of players, he still has put tons of wear and tear on his body and had multiple injuries.

LeBron is still relatively young, but opposite of Wade, he came into the league at a very early age. He has gone through multiple deep playoff runs, and combined with his reckless/energetic style of play, has probably put a relatively big toll on his body.

Bosh is kind of a piece of glass (and not what they need at PF/C).

And with the new CBA coming up, who knows how that will affect their roster situation.

It's very possible the Heat will never win a title. If that happens, it's something I will cherish for the rest of my life. I'll tell my kids about it. I'll tell their kids about it. I'll laugh about it with the other senior citizens. It'll be one of my go-to examples of how not to do things.

Ahhhh.

ink
11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
If the thread stays open the discussion needs to stay on the level of how the team will improve or not improve. No baiting will be allowed. Please report any disruptive posting.

kblo247
11-16-2010, 12:23 AM
I laugh at both of them tbh.

I laugh at the Heat because of the hate/zealous love affair they got without playing a ****ing game.

I laugh at Cuban because his dumb *** has never put a competent team together. He is always trying to get 2 PGs, 2SFs, and so on and try to make them mesh in a starting group because of name value. He has no idea how to build a true winner, and his constant meddling in the GM business is why Dallas and Dirk will always be a pretender instead of a contender.

Hey though if you are heat fans, you should be glad that he knocked you. This was the same guy who told ESPN that the Lakers threw their hopes of repeating away by signing Artest, and we all know whose team was fishing while Ron was sipping champagne and recording "Champions"

ink
11-16-2010, 12:25 AM
This is going nowhere. Closed.