PDA

View Full Version : Amare not happy with Knicks team

spreadeagle
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM
NEW YORK -- Amare Stoudemire's New York Knicks were down 18 in the fourth quarter, minutes away from their fifth straight loss, when the boos started to rain down on the Garden floor.

Suddenly, Stoudemire was in the midst of his first real "Welcome to New York" moment.

And he didn't like it.

"It's definitely something that I'm not accustomed to. It's not fun," Stoudemire said after the Knicks lost, 104-96, to a Houston Rockets team that came into town with just two wins. "We're a young team and we make mistakes but we can't keep doing the exact same thing every night. We just gotta find a way to grow up." Stoudemire, who finished with 25 points and eight rebounds, bemoaned his teammates' lack of urgency and lack of "heart" as they were outscored, 14-4, in the first 6:39 of the fourth.

But Stoudemire also could have and should have pointed the finger at himself.

But on Sunday night, after he shot 3-for-8 in the second half and scored just three points in the fourth quarter, Stoudemire questioned the mental makeup of his young Knicks teammates.

"I don't understand why we're not playing with the urgency. I'm not used to that," the Knicks' $100 million man said. "We're not playing like we're on a four-game losing streak, now five. We don't have that sense of urgency. It's almost as if it doesn't matter and it's not something I'm used to."

He had to know there would be growing pains with this team when it failed to sign another marquee free-agent this summer. But it seemed like he didn't know the pains would be this severe so early in the season.

"We just can't have guys complacent and comfortable with losing," Stoudemire, said with a look of pure frustration on his face. "I can't stand that. It's more attitude. It's more heart. We have to show more heart and go after it."

"Maybe the winning mentality has never been here," he continued. "I'm used to winning."

Winning is something the Knicks aren't familiar with.

With a four-game West Coast swing starting Tuesday, they're in danger of being irrelevant before Thanksgiving, something Knicks fans have grown accustomed to over the past decade.

But it's not something Stoudemire's accustomed to. He enjoyed two 60-win seasons and three trips to the Western Conference finals with Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns.

So the Knicks' 3-7 start is a shock to his system.

"It's a foreign land for me right now," he said.

By the looks of things on Sunday night, it's something Stoudemire should get used to.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5807782

d00d
11-15-2010, 10:02 AM
"Maybe the winning mentality has never been here," he continued. "I'm used to winning."

uh oh

jeter4president
11-15-2010, 10:17 AM
i have a feeling this will quickly turn to another "carmelo anthony to the knicks" thread.

spreadeagle
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
i have a feeling this will quickly turn to another "carmelo anthony to the knicks" thread.

Naw its Steve Nash now lol

Geargo Wallace
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Yo' if Carmelo came to the Knicks he wouldn't be upset :)

JayW_1023
11-15-2010, 10:22 AM
It is actually not a bad idea to trade Amar'e and another piece for Melo...at least Melo doesn't need a great distributing PG to dominate and put his will on the game. The Knicks will prolly be far better off. Amar'e doesn't look like the superstar he's made out to be. His FG% is like what? 12 points down from last season?

FOBolous
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
all these stars need to stfu. no one forced you to be on that team. you CHOOSE to be on that team.

Geargo Wallace
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
all these stars need to stfu. no one forced you to be on that team. you CHOOSE to be on that team.

Agreed.

Mishmin
11-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Bigger shocker here.

newbs001
11-15-2010, 11:05 AM

+1. I'm a Knicks fan and I agree with you. He took the money without hesitation and now he worries about the losing culture? The team, as constructed, isn't all that different from last year (even with all the new faces).

Firebug
11-15-2010, 11:05 AM
all these stars need to stfu. No one forced you to be on that team. You choose to be on that team.

+1

godolphins
11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
:laugh: I'm loving this

Da Knicks
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM
1 SIMPLE SOLUTION---FIRE D'umbtoni!!! guy has no clue

Brew Crew
11-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Coaches don't mean **** when you only have one guy on your team...

zB_#85
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Amare is a *****. He thinks he's way better than he is, he left PHX because he thought he was worth max money. PHX front office has a history of doing dumb **** but I actually agreed with them not to give him max money. He's not worth it, and NY is finding that out now. He's not the best team player, his defense and rebounding is soft, and Nash made him better in PHX. He's still a solid player, but not a max player. He has always been arrogant and thinks he's better than he really is.

John Walls Era
11-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Coaches don't mean **** when you only have one guy on your team...

Knicks team is pretty good on paper. They have no identity, they start the game running, but then they get tired and walk up and down the court. The coach needs to implement a new plan when the team misses 3s or is forced to play a half court game. Mike D has not done that.

Also Amare needs to shut up and play. That was the most un-impactful 25 pts I've ever seen. He at no point tried to dominate (well.. he tried, but was getting stopped). With no Nash, he has to learn to beat his man and score or get doubled and then pass out.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 12:04 PM
you signed that max deal Amare. Shut up and play

phoenix_bladen
11-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't think you guys should blame amare he's just doing this to fire his team up.

He's the leader of this team he needs to get his team to play better as a leader I respect that rather than say nothing at all when the team is losing.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't think you guys should blame amare he's just doing this to fire his team up.

He's the leader of this team he needs to get his team to play better as a leader I respect that rather than say nothing at all when the team is losing.

he should lead by example then, instead of giving lifeless effort.

Crackadalic
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Amare does needs to shut his mouth and play he chose the knicks and now he wasnts to complain he knew what he was getting himself into at the same time though everyone else on the team arent playing with a sense of urgency i starting seeing it when we lost to a philly team we should have against its like when we lose its whatever no sense of pride or urgency to wanna win the team kinda reminds me of the bulls last season when they had all there problems plus blowing the 35 point game but still makes the playoffs hopefully we get it together cause were lucky its only game 10 and only 3-7 and not 3-20 because if we start losing even more games im on the fire mike dantoni bandwagon

Sixerlover
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Saying "Maybe they never had a winning mentality, I'm used to winning" isn't something a leader says. Your calling out the organization that you chose to sign with in the summer.

Thegame187
11-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Amare is a *****. He thinks he's way better than he is, he left PHX because he thought he was worth max money. PHX front office has a history of doing dumb **** but I actually agreed with them not to give him max money. He's not worth it, and NY is finding that out now. He's not the best team player, his defense and rebounding is soft, and Nash made him better in PHX. He's still a solid player, but not a max player. He has always been arrogant and thinks he's better than he really is.

He is good, stop sulking because of the Knicks. Like all great players he needs ppl around him (Kobe, Pau, Shaq - Peirce, Garnett, Allen). He needs anothe player to help him out a bit, he is right in that there didn't seem to many players anooyed with the situation last night. If he made one mistake it was taking the money before he inquired about who else they were getting, that said for 100 million I could play with Curry at PG....

Hangtime
11-15-2010, 12:23 PM
You allowed one player on the Minnesota Timberwolves of all teams to grab 30 plus rebounds on you. I just don't undertand the moves this francise makes. I never understood the D'antoni hiring. Amare will not provide them with the toughness they need from that position. Rebounding and defense has never been a part of his game. And now they want to recreate the Phoenix Suns in New York something that didn't even work in Phoenix. They gambled on Amare hoping to land Lebron and now Carmelo. Sorry, but this team is a long way from it's 90's counterpart in regards to toughness.

Hunter48MVP
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Amare shut up!

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
You allowed one player on the Minnesota Timberwolves of all teams to grab 30 plus rebounds on you. I just don't undertand the moves this francise makes. I never understood the D'antoni hiring. Amare will not provide them with the toughness they need from that position. Rebounding and defense has never been a part of his game. And now they want to recreate the Phoenix Suns in New York something that didn't even work in Phoenix. They gambled on Amare hoping to land Lebron and now Carmelo. Sorry, but this team is a long way from it's 90's counterpart in regards to toughness.

the whole league is dude

oak2455
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
At least the Heat are playing like crap:rolleyes:

Lim
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
amare said hes used to winning? what has he won? last time i checked getting knocked out of the playoffs every year is losing.. that just shows hes content with making it to the western conference finals and losing, hes content with losing!

by the way dont the knicks have enough cap room to trade for nash and sign melo in the off season? nash at the controls,melo at the 3, amare at the 4. seems like the way to go for the knicks.

Evolution23
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Im glad he's calling out the team cause the knicks are playing soft right now. Amare has to lead his team and this is a good way of doing it.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Im glad he's calling out the team cause the knicks are playing soft right now. Amare has to lead his team and this is a good way of doing it.

Amare is playing as soft as anyone though, don't you agree? He needs to start leading by example and being an animal out there.

Evolution23
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Amare is playing as soft as anyone though, don't you agree? He needs to start leading by example and being an animal out there.

Amar'e is not playing soft. he struggling at times but that's only because he is trying to do it all himself. Nobody else is stepping up besides him. It reminds me of Kobe back in the day when he had no Gasol (I'm not saying Amare is as good as Kobe). Every time he drives in the pain he gets quadrupled teamed and the shooters aren't making their shots. That's the problem with the Knicks right now.

dayreezy
11-15-2010, 12:49 PM
i love when the rumors of him coming to gsw and he said he wouldnt want to go cuz he "didnt want to play center in another small ball system" and that he doesnt want to go to a "mediocore team"... WHAT NOW *******... this guys a ****in dousch.... hes like the nbas kanye west... hahahha.... well tie between him and bron bron

8kobe24
11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey 100 million dollar man, you chose to be on that team. You shoulda waited until they signed another money player before you signed up on that team.

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2010, 01:01 PM
After-Nash life is tough...looks like everyone was right

Badluck33
11-15-2010, 01:02 PM
wow. this didn't take long at all.

I predicted NYK to be a 8 seed in the playoffs.

I doubt they stay around .500

Looking like a lottery team now. Well start building through the draft...

oh wait.......

Well, at least Lebron will be a FA in 2014!

jkcronyn
11-15-2010, 01:04 PM
idk how amare thought iw as going to be a wining team.. he's the best player and in no way is he even a franchise player. truthfully i think he got in too deep on his own hype

bringinwood

Since Pat Riley ( widely considered one of the top 10 best coaches of all time ), they have had these coaches...

Don Nelson ( also widely considered one of the top 10 coaches of all time )
Jeff Van Gundy
Don Chaney
Herb Williams ( twice )
Lenny Wilkens ( also considered one of the top 10 coaches of all time )
Larry Brown ( also considered one of the top 10 coaches of all time )
Isiah Thomas

and Mike D'Antoni

Do you see the pattern yet ??? It is definitely not Mikes fault... To suggest that it is, is beyond comical...

Phil Jackson would come in here and fail miserably... It's not Dumtoni, it's management's failure to stay out of personnel decisions...

They refuse to rebuild through the draft... In their refusal to do this, they spend big money on primadonna free agents that care about number 1... Heart ??? How about accountability ??? They have a miserable franchise that doesn't have to worry about giving effort... They still get their paycheck... What's D'Antoni going to do, bench these guys ??? Who cares ??? They are still getting their 20MM a season...

Da Knicks
wow. this didn't take long at all.

I predicted NYK to be a 8 seed in the playoffs.

I doubt they stay around .500

Looking like a lottery team now. Well start building through the draft...

oh wait.......

Well, at least Lebron will be a FA in 2014!

We need a new coach the players are good like the bulls found out when the knicks drilled them.

stretchmkb
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM

very true, Nash made him as well as Shawn Marion superstars. without Nash they are solid piece role players, NOT Superstars as people try to make them :facepalm:

Name one player that left that team for another team and put up better #'s ??? (I wait while you try to find one LOL)

Da Knicks
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Since Pat Riley ( widely considered one of the top 10 best coaches of all time ), they have had these coaches...

Don Nelson ( also widely considered one of the top 10 coaches of all time )
Jeff Van Gundy
Don Chaney
Herb Williams ( twice )
Lenny Wilkens ( also considered one of the top 10 coaches of all time )
Larry Brown ( also considered one of the top 10 coaches of all time )
Isiah Thomas

and Mike D'Antoni

Do you see the pattern yet ??? It is definitely not Mikes fault... To suggest that it is, is beyond comical...

Phil Jackson would come in here and fail miserably... It's not Dumtoni, it's management's failure to stay out of personnel decisions...

They refuse to rebuild through the draft... In their refusal to do this, they spend big money on primadonna free agents that care about number 1... Heart ??? How about accountability ??? They have a miserable franchise that doesn't have to worry about giving effort... They still get their paycheck... What's D'Antoni going to do, bench these guys ??? Who cares ??? They are still getting their 20MM a season...

:mad: dude do you even watch the knicks? None of the other coaches ever had a chance to win because they never had a chance to build a team. This fool was giving 2 years to build a team, we have good players but the system does not fit them. The knicks should have more lenghth on the floor than any team save Lakers and Magic but continue to put a small lineup to try and run. D'antoni knows two plays iso, p n r the dude is garbage. Watch the games before you comment!!:cry:

stretchmkb
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM

I can respect a leader trying to lead, but Amare is NOT a true leader, he NEVER goes out of his way to make a defensive stop, he plays some of the worst help defense of any allstar big man, he won;t take a charge on guards when they drive to the cup (he fakes at them then ducks out of the way)

he cant dominate offensively day in and day out (that would be ok if he consistently grabbed 13+ RPG and 3+ blocks on the days his scoring is off)

He is a GREAT role player, people need to stop trying to make him a SUPERSTAR :facepalm:

zB_#85
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Name one player that left that team for another team and put up better #'s ??? (I wait while you try to find one LOL)

there isn't one. that was my point, Amare isn't a max player (due in part to his inflated production with Nash). I get irritated with Amare's big head. I'm not a Suns fan but I live in PHX so I know how arrogant and cocky he is.

My whole issue with Amare is him thinking he's better than he really is and not putting enough effort forth to be elite because he thinks he already is. I guess it's really not his fault though, as long as there was a team out there (the Knicks) willing to give him max money it was just going to make him continue to believe he is really that good and deserving of that contract...

I was hoping no team offered him the kind of money he was hoping for and he got a reality check. I think it might have humbled and motivated him. But instead he got his money and continues to be somewhat complacent.

arkanian215
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Amar'e is not playing soft. he struggling at times but that's only because he is trying to do it all himself. Nobody else is stepping up besides him. It reminds me of Kobe back in the day when he had no Gasol (I'm not saying Amare is as good as Kobe). Every time he drives in the pain he gets quadrupled teamed and the shooters aren't making their shots. That's the problem with the Knicks right now.

He might not be playing soft but his shot selection is different. He's taking 65% of his shots on jumpers. Last year that figure was 51%. That's 15% from inside shots. Maybe it's teams honing in on him and doubling or forcing him into the perimeter shot because he doesn't have too much help out there. Or maybe he has become a different player under D'Antoni's system.

He's taking 2 shots less at the rim than last year. He's also only making 52% compared to 67% of those "at the rim" shots. The Ast% on those inside shots (45%) looks like he has to create a lot more of those shots for himself compared to previous years (68, 74, 57, 62). He's also taking 1 more shot than before within 10 ft. The problem is he's making 43% of those compared to 54% last season. Again, the assist numbers indicate that he has to create a lot of these shots for himself compared to previous seasons.

The same story goes for 10-15 ft. His 16-23 ft numbers don't look too different from last season.
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Amare%20Stoudemire
He looks less clutch than last season. He took 1/10th of his shots with 3 seconds or less on the shot clock last season and made 43% of those. This year, it's down to 5% but he's only making 1/3 of them.

One indication that he isn't getting "soft" is his DrawFoul rate. It's up from last season.

D1JM
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
He is getting paid 100 million to get W's

mjt20mik
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM

This.

Pierzynski4Prez
We need a new coach the players are good like the bulls found out when the knicks drilled them.

If only you could shoot like that for more than 1 game.

Pierzynski4Prez
very true, Nash made him as well as Shawn Marion superstars. without Nash they are solid piece role players, NOT Superstars as people try to make them :facepalm:

Joe Johnson

D1JM
11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I hope the bulks don't struggle with booZer like the heat and Knicks gave struggled with their star PF's

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I hope the bulks don't struggle with booZer like the heat and Knicks gave struggled with their star PF's

Boozer won't be asked to be the savior though. He is simply another piece. A very good one mind you, but he has a lot more help around him then Amare does at the moment.

scutch11
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Everyone knew there were going to be growing pains with this team, as its so young. But nobody (including Amar'e) thought it was going to be this bad this early. From watching the games, two things have become clear. 1: D'Antoni's offense is a failed attempt at a pnr, then iso to amar'e EVERYTIME. Where is all of this creativity on offense we heard about? 2: Felton cant get the ball to amar'e in good spots. He has played really well, but hes not helping Amar'e at all, as the assist numbers for Amar'e have shown.

They have to get it together quickly though because its only a matter of time until calls for D'Antoni's head start, and then he will subsequently throw someone under the bus (probably Amar'e). :(

haggis
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
you signed that max deal Amare. Shut up and play

^this. No one forced you there Amare, you made your bed now you have to lie in it.

king4day
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Did he really think this team of newcomers would just gel right off the bat and have the same supposed intensity that he has?

Feels good not having to defend Amar'e anymore :)

CTCUBBIES

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Keep giving up 110 plus points and relying on shooting 70 percent from three and see where it gets you.

Joshtd1
So your're telling me a guy who was basically spoon fed from a great PG like Nash, and had great options around him to space the floor, while they were a consistent winning team isnt happy about about going to a team with a PG who isn't close to Nash in terms of pick and roll/passing, and is going through rebuilding? Shocker

Sorry, as fobulous said..he brought it on himself. He should have realized he had a good thing in PHX with the Suns and Nash, and still coulda been the "man" after Nash was gone. Then again maybe he is banking on CP3 and Melo to join him.

haggis
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM

HAHAHAHAHA....

if your team could shoot 70%+ from 3-point land every night then you would be really good. too bad that won't happen.

nycsports2
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM

thas a start but im glad to see he cares and is stepping up

NYsFinest
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
People ragging on Amare have not watched Knick games. Knicks don't move around on offense and only shoot threes (thanks mike) meanwhile Amare is left in the paint being triple teamed on every play. I dont think hes had an easy basket as a Knick yet, hes shooting jumpers because other teams clog the lane and the rest of the Knicks dont do anything about it. He has a right to be frustrated because the team is letting him down, not the other way around. ALL PFs need good team play around them to be successful not just Amare.
Don't see how people can hate on what he said, he is trying to get people to step up.

SunsFanIam
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Joe Johnson.

justinnum1
11-15-2010, 01:43 PM
At least the Heat are playing like crap:rolleyes:

:facepalm: Ranked #3 on offense and defense efficiency with a winning record...they are playing like real crap:rolleyes:

metsbulls1025
11-15-2010, 01:48 PM
The only reason he signed with the Knicks was because at the time they where the only team with 2 max spots and everyone was favored to go there. He bought into the fact that if he signed quick it would help get Wade or Lebron to NY. If he knew what was going to happen before hand he would have resigned with the suns or went some where else.

beasted86
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
The biggest problems with the Knicks is the same problems they have had the past 8 years.

They try to outscore teams, and live and die by the 3. They really need to at least attempt to build a defensive culture.

NYsFinest
11-15-2010, 01:58 PM
D'Antoni just has to go, the fact that WIlson Chandler (a great slasher, awful 3 pt shooter) is one of the leaders in 3pters attempted shows how awful of a coach hes been. Or the fact that they chuck threes up 22 midway through the thirds. Or that he told Fields he cuts too much and he needs to chill on the 3 point line more. Or the fact that he sits Mozgov after he plays a solid 8-9 minutes in order to put the three point shooters in, Mozgov really gotta start bombing away from three in order to get more than 10mpg.

Damn I hate this guy. =/

drama1386
11-15-2010, 02:17 PM

I agree. he knew what he was getting into when he signed that huge contract. now just shut up and play some basketball.

but at the same time, I don't think d'antoni's system is built for success in the NBA. teams need to play some good defense in order to be winners. maybe it's time for d'antoni to go?

NYsFinest
11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I agree. he knew what he was getting into when he signed that huge contract. now just shut up and play some basketball.

No, somebody needs to speak up. He's right the Knicks have gotten so used to losing that they brush it off and i'm glad he's not ok with it. Hopefully after his outburst some players can start taking pride in what it says on the front of their jerseys and realize what city they are representing. Talent hasn't been the problem, Knicks have talent... they get sloppy and lazy in that dumb system and don't close out games. Every day its the same story close game or lead after 3 and the 4th they just get dismantled. It shows that its not a talent level issue, but lack of character.

Crackadalic
11-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Amare is in the same situation as kobe back then except amare wish he can be in the same class nobody steps up in the 4th which forces him to go 1 on 5 late in games which is not his strength the way everyone is playing i wouldnt pass them the ball neither unless they can prove that they can

Lim
11-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Joe Johnson

lol Zinggggg

DoMeFavors
11-15-2010, 02:43 PM
D'Antoni just has to go, the fact that WIlson Chandler (a great slasher, awful 3 pt shooter) is one of the leaders in 3pters attempted shows how awful of a coach hes been. Or the fact that they chuck threes up 22 midway through the thirds. Or that he told Fields he cuts too much and he needs to chill on the 3 point line more. Or the fact that he sits Mozgov after he plays a solid 8-9 minutes in order to put the three point shooters in, Mozgov really gotta start bombing away from three in order to get more than 10mpg.

Damn I hate this guy. =/

Name me a coach out there right now that would do better?

Da Knicks
11-15-2010, 02:48 PM

Any coach who know more than two plays iso and PnR can only get you so far. He takes the size out by trying to run with small players and takes the size when he tells gallo and chandler to shoot threes instead of taking it to the basket. Jackson, Ewing would be my choices atleast Karma could be back on our side!:mad:

News24/7
11-15-2010, 02:49 PM

Jeff Van Gundy?

pebloemer
11-15-2010, 02:49 PM
No, somebody needs to speak up. He's right the Knicks have gotten so used to losing that they brush it off and i'm glad he's not ok with it. Hopefully after his outburst some players can start taking pride in what it says on the front of their jerseys and realize what city they are representing. Talent hasn't been the problem, Knicks have talent... they get sloppy and lazy in that dumb system and don't close out games. Every day its the same story close game or lead after 3 and the 4th they just get dismantled. It shows that its not a talent level issue, but lack of character.

I'm not a Knicks fan by any means, but I'm surprised by all the negative comments on Amare about this. He is not asking for a trade or anything. I agree with you that it seems more to me that he is trying to fire up his teammates. As a leader, he should take some personal responsibility, but there is nothing wrong with trying to fire up his teammates.

DoMeFavors
11-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Any coach who know more than two plays iso and PnR can only get you so far. He takes the size out by trying to run with small players and takes the size when he tells gallo and chandler to shoot threes instead of taking it to the basket. Jackson, Ewing would be my choices atleast Karma could be back on our side!:mad:

Ewing has never been a vocal leader so I doubt he would be a vocal coach to get in guys heads. Mark Jackson (I assume) has never had coaching expierence hasn't even been an assistant putting him on a team like this it would be hard to develop the guys. Avery Johnson and Byron Scott is who the Knicks should have gone after. Mike Woodson or Don Nelson are the only coaches I can see taking over because Nelson likes high tempo and Mike Woodson is a smart coach who took the Hawks from a 15 win team to the playoffs.

mlisica19
11-15-2010, 02:56 PM
First off let me go out and say "I told you all so..."

Mike D'Antoni is an all offensive coach, at first the excitement of the change in team roster fired the crowd and the team up so it got you some close games including some wins. Now the moment of truth is coming up to just plain out say, the Knicks and D'Antoni dont coexist with each other.

New York sports should all be about bump and grind, rough aggressive play and NEVER GIVE UP. I have seen none of this from the Knicks in years, not all Mikes fault.

But Wheres the defense? And yes this does go to the leader in Amare too, wheres his defene? David Lee should have never left...

Slimsim
11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Can't blame amare. He can't do it alone and our team is to inconsistent to win games. Fire Mike D and lets play defense

abe_froman
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM

yes coaching/system is a problem,but its only part of the problem.the others are its a culture of no accountability,losing is accepted/expected,and(yes you want to like your guys alot,and many knick fans overrated them)but outside of amare...the roster just isnt that good.there are some like ar or gallo that have potential...but nothing you can "win now" with

Slimsim
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM

A coach that doesn't have his team shot 3 pointer with a 20 point lead that leads to easy fast Break points

Antipod
11-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Who would? There is no team in NY, just a bunch of clowns running around after a ball..And Mike D is the biggest of them all,`cause he TRIES to coach them :facepalm:

jkcronyn
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM
gosh reading this whole thing i just realized new york probably has the most humble fans in the whole nba! ...

kblo247
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Everyone calling Dantoni out is just now seeing what Hubie Brown said about him years ago? Hubie said Dantoni was a manager that told guys who already knew how to play what to do, not a guy that will go out and be able to teach a team of players how to play and what not to do like a Jackson, Riley, Sloan, Pop, or Van Gundy when he was asked what made him a different type of coach from them. The Knicks need a coach that can teach them how to win and how to play together, not a coach who will just dictate because they aren't the Suns who already had guys who had found their niche and roles in the league.

On the present Knick squad only Amare, Felton, Mason, and Turiaf know their niche which is the problem at hand.

Mplsman
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Ouch here comes the pre-madona...

Tony_Starks
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Sometimes making a defensively anemic jump shooting power forward your franchise player is not a good idea......

kblo247
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Sometimes making a defensively anemic jump shooting power forward your franchise player is not a good idea......

Didn't kill Dallas :p

SouthSideRookie
People ragging on Amare have not watched Knick games. Knicks don't move around on offense and only shoot threes (thanks mike) meanwhile Amare is left in the paint being triple teamed on every play. I dont think hes had an easy basket as a Knick yet, hes shooting jumpers because other teams clog the lane and the rest of the Knicks dont do anything about it. He has a right to be frustrated because the team is letting him down, not the other way around. ALL PFs need good team play around them to be successful not just Amare.
Don't see how people can hate on what he said, he is trying to get people to step up.

In yesterday's game undersized Chuck freaking Hayes came into the game and contained Amare without the Rockets having to double team him, as a matter of fact that is what turned the game in the Rockets favor. How in the world is Amare letting an undersized big contain him?

yes coaching/system is a problem,but its only part of the problem.the others are its a culture of no accountability,losing is accepted/expected,and(yes you want to like your guys alot,and many knick fans overrated them)but outside of amare...the roster just isnt that good.there are some like ar or gallo that have potential...but nothing you can "win now" with

People can blame the coaching all they want, which it is part of the problem but they just aren't very good. Knick fans say they have the talent to acquire Carmelo but at the same time they say Amare has no help.

Many fans said that the knicks wouldn't be very good this season and also predicted that Amare wouldn't be as good without Nash and NY fans said the fans were just hating. I think it's time for some people to re-evaluate.

Ebbs
Felton > Stat

Tony_Starks
11-15-2010, 04:35 PM
There was some kinda poll last year where Mike Antoni was voted the most overrated coach in sports. Not in basketball. In all of sports. I agree. He is horrible.

awmathewsjr
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure why every one is so suprised. Did anyone really think that Amare was gonna make other players better or make these guys work harder, c'mon man. And like I said in the off season Dantoni Ball is the most over-rated thing in the NBA.

basketfan4life
11-15-2010, 04:54 PM
knicks players don't pass the ball.i watched the game last night,it's ridicuolus...every fastbreak opportunity,i mean like 1on 2 or 1 on 3,the guy with the ball forces the issue,always. you can have the same feeling even in set offenses.this way around they just can't win.

mjqusoldier
11-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Dantoni sucks nutz

Crackadalic
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
knicks players don't pass the ball.i watched the game last night,it's ridicuolus...every fastbreak opportunity,i mean like 1on 2 or 1 on 3,the guy with the ball forces the issue,always. you can have the same feeling even in set offenses.this way around they just can't win.

exactly on a system that is build on unselfishness the team is playing selfish there is no ball movement its pass dribble dribble shoot brick other team runs break no transition defense other team scores knicks turnover ball other team scores with no defensive pressure and repeat from the top thats exactly how its been since really the portland game we had we may not have the best players but all these little mistakes is also the coach not correcting them

sep11ie
11-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Ouch here comes the pre-madona...

Before Madonna?

BkOriginalOne
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
nash

Geargo Wallace
11-15-2010, 05:48 PM
It's looking like so far this season that Bosh is a better #1 option than Amare but Amare is a better 2nd or 3rd option. They should just trade places.

Kashmir13579
11-15-2010, 05:59 PM
http://newyorkpost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/stoudemire_questions_knicks_sense_SNDGqiB0oIqvyqGb eNyrQK

IS D'ANTONI TO BLAME?
Amar'e Stoudemire ripped his teammates after this latest carnage tonight, after losing badly to the Rockets, 104-96. He questioned their "sense of urgency'' and even desire to win after the Knicks fell behind by 19 points in the fourth quarter.

And it's easy to wonder if Stoudemire was also referring to the Knicks coaching staff. Through this 3-7 start, Mike D'Antoni has not excelled any more than he has the first two seasons. Without the cap-clearing excuses, he soon can find himself on the hot seat, especially if Donnie Walsh is in the background, rehabbing from hip surgery

D'Antoni has not found a way to get Stoudemire better shots or found a way to motivate the players to stop opponents from owning the paint, or a found a way to get them to play with confidence in the fourth quarter. D'Antoni admitted the team is playing "insecure.''

Before the game, I asked D'Antoni is there anything he could have done differently as a coach in Minnesota in the Kevin Love Game. Not only did he dismiss the premise of the question, he gave a shocking response. "I know one thing for sure. It's not going to be the last time we blow a 21-point lead. It happens.''

Not exactly Knute Rockne material. I often enjoy D'Antoni's sense of humor and wisecracks, but sometimes the situation calls for deeper thoughts. Pat Riley would've run with that question 99 yards for a touchdown with some philosophical esoterica. Not saying that's right either, but D'Antoni could do better than cracking that he could have gone onto the court and "tripped'' some of the Wolves.

Walsh, appearing on the Boomer and Carton show last Friday, said he doubted he'd make a coaching change even if D'Antoni had a 30-win season. Naturally, Walsh also alluded to the fact it may not be his call.

The Knicks are 3-7 and head West for a four-game trip that could be a killer and starts in the Rocky Mountains against the player they so want to impress – Carmelo Anthony.

Season already on the brink. Nothing's changed., except the size of their payroll.

EDIT: the Knicks still being the Knicks is a legitimate topic for the NBA forum; but obviously needs to be policed better. you can already see this thread going sour.

knicksfan42
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM

Right on the money, this is what I've been repeating on the Knicks forum, along with the stats to back it up. He can't rebound, can't play defense, can't play with his back to the basket, can't pass, can't handle the ball (wouldn't be a problem if he didn't try to), and has a low bball IQ.

OA SLAY
11-15-2010, 06:03 PM
So when a reporter ask "what do yo think about your teams performance, and season record?" He should respond "Im enjoying it!"

Kashmir13579
11-15-2010, 06:04 PM

you forgot to mention he doesn't take timeouts.

dtmagnet
11-15-2010, 06:10 PM

You said it perfectly.

gcoll
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM
He went from the Suns to the Knicks.

What the **** was he expecting?

DoMeFavors
11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Knicks should have gone after Boozer, Rudy Gay, one of the boston big 3 and paid them a lot more.
No one was giving Amare the max deal the only person that offered it to him was NY. NY did what they felt they needed to do, say a superstar didnt go there they would lose a lot of respect from fans. I did expect with the cap 2 stars to go to NY but Amare is the only one who signed. Are Knicks overating the amount of people that want to go there? Because from this free agency it seemed like it wasnt the place talent wanted to go and its not all about endorsments and living in NYC.

redsox0717
11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Money doesn't buy happiness....at least on the court.

Giants88
11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
He's speaking the truth. I have no problem with it, this has been going on with the knicks for years and at least we have a guy that won't accept this **** like Marbury did.

JAHRONMON
11-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Well i think the knicks should pursue stephen jackson or igoudala to fill the think lineup that is the shooting guard spot, they play fields and tony Douglas who both are small for that position. Also i feel Dantoni needs to stop his love affair with galinari and play chandler more, hes more physical stronger and has been playing better. I would trade galinari and fields for iggy or jackson.

knicksfan42
11-15-2010, 06:28 PM
they play fields and tony Douglas who both are small for that position.

Fields is 6-7, that's probably a bit above average for a Shooting Guard.

Tony_Starks
11-15-2010, 07:08 PM
He's speaking the truth. I have no problem with it, this has been going on with the knicks for years and at least we have a guy that won't accept this **** like Marbury did.

Um Marbury didn't accept anything he was benched after coming to camp in the greatest shape of his career to make way for the great Chris Duhon. Great coach huh?

AI4MVP
11-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Ladies and gentlemen. Id like to introduce you to the great Steve Nash.

I 100% guarantee you that if Hakim Warrick had the same minutes, role, and starting job as Amare had with Steve Nash, that Hakim Warrick would be not just as good, but better the Amare.

76erEaglePhils
11-15-2010, 08:23 PM
He signed with these pieces of crap and he must suffer with these pieces of crap Knicks.

knicks_champ
11-15-2010, 08:28 PM
People here are acting as if he said something bad. He said something I haven't heard a Knick player say in decades. He spoke up and called this team out, no other player has done that. I'm actually more excited now then I was opening day. We must fall to get up, we fell now Amare steps up as the leader to show us the winning ways.

Like always, Peace, Love, Haters gonna hate. :p

knicks_champ
11-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Also everybody now wants to bash on the Knicks off of one incident. Now I know what the Heats fan feel like.

76erEaglePhils
11-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Every other thread is about the Knicks their team and players can all go to hell who cares about them they need to keep this crap in their forum.

knicks_champ
11-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Every other thread is about the Knicks their team and players can all go to hell who cares about them they need to keep this crap in their forum.

LOL You do know that a Knicks fan did not start this thread right? Also many other thread were not started by Knicks fans. I guess the Knicks are just so loved that we need to be talked about in a negative or positive aspect.

Also I love your team by the way. I hope you guys go to heaven.:)

KnicksorBust
11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I feel like this was a lost opportunity. There are things he could have said here that would have been motivating to the team. Most people don't realize he's acted like a real leader since he got here and we played with a lot of passion those first handful of games. The Knicks were actually 7th in defensive effeciency, 1st in blocks, and 9th in steals after their great win vs. the Bulls on national television. Since then we've fallen apart. Amar'e could have come out and put the burden to bust *** on himself and his team and instead sounded a little too whiny for my liking. "I'm used to winning." That's garbage and I wouldn't like hearing that if I was his teammate.

spreadeagle
11-15-2010, 09:01 PM
LOL You do know that Knicks fan did not start this thread right? Also many others were not Knicks fans. I guess the Knicks are just so loved that we need to be talked about in a negative or positive aspect.

Also I love your team by the way. I hope you guys go to heaven.:)

Its true im a Raptor fan..but ya NY is always in the headlines for good or bad

arkanian215
11-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I feel like this was a lost opportunity. There are things he could have said here that would have been motivating to the team. Most people don't realize he's acted like a real leader since he got here and we played with a lot of passion those first handful of games. The Knicks were actually 7th in defensive effeciency, 1st in blocks, and 9th in steals after their great win vs. the Bulls on national television. Since then we've fallen apart. Amar'e could have come out and put the burden to bust *** on himself and his team and instead sounded a little too whiny for my liking. "I'm used to winning." That's garbage and I wouldn't like hearing that if I was his teammate.

:eyebrow:According to what?

They're 21st in opponent eFG%, 9th in opponent TOV%, 13th in DREB%, 15th in opponent FT/FGA and 11th in opponents points per possession.

Young and Stupid
11-15-2010, 09:06 PM

They're 21st in opponent eFG%, 9th in opponent TOV%, 13th in DREB%, 15th in opponent FT/FGA and 11th in opponents points per possession.

"Were."

knicks_champ
11-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Its true im a Raptor fan..but ya NY is always in the headlines for good or bad

Yeah I cant wait till the Good out weights the bad. Lol

arkanian215
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
"Were."

Yeah but in what defensive efficiency stat?

arkanian215
11-15-2010, 09:20 PM
The eye test ... we're talking about Knicks fans here come on, you think they know what defense is, let alone defensive efficiency?

:shrug: patsoxknicks is a regular in the stats forum so that's at least one.

CowboysKB24
11-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Melo, Tim Duncan, Stephen Curry, and Blake Griffin are going to get traded to the NYK. All of them will restructure their current contracts or get cut by their teams. All will take paycuts to play together like crust team Heat.

JJ_JKidd
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Bring a Championship to NY my @$s!

Geargo Wallace
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
You know the world doesn't revolve around NY...

knicks_champ
11-15-2010, 09:35 PM
You know the world doesn't revolve around NY...

Sure seems like it.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Melo, Tim Duncan, Stephen Curry, and Blake Griffin are going to get traded to the NYK. All of them will restructure their current contracts or get cut by their teams. All will take paycuts to play together like crust team Heat.

Clever... never heard that 1 before :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM

The eye test ... we're talking about Knicks fans here come on, you think they know what defense is, let alone defensive efficiency?

You must have missed the 90s Knicks. :) They were consistently an elite defensive team.

arkanian215
11-15-2010, 09:45 PM
You must have missed the 90s Knicks. :) They were consistently an elite defensive team.

I thought you were talking about the Knicks of 10-11.

Geargo Wallace
11-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Sure seems like it.

You fans have more D than ur team

KnicksorBust
11-15-2010, 10:05 PM
I thought you were talking about the Knicks of 10-11.

I was. I highlighted what the defensive statistic the Knicks were 7th in the league. That was after the first couple of games when they were 3-2. My comment in the post was directed to the post underneath yours.

dodie53
11-15-2010, 10:17 PM
hahahaha @ amare

Young and Stupid
11-15-2010, 10:20 PM

Nope. My first ever NBA game was "The Dunk" (John Starks goes baseline and dunks on Horace Grant and Michael Jordan). I grew up going to Knicks games (born in 1990, dad had season tickets), so nah I didn't miss the 90's Knicks. Now that I think about it, I really ****ing miss the 90's.

Hoopsadvocate
11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
But i thought he was worth every penny of the max, and that gallo was the next dirk, and felton was suppose to be an all star this year, and that randolph and douglas were just about to hit their stride and become all stars in the making :laugh:

Thats what happens when u bet on what ifs. Amares the only sure thing at all star level. ANd hes no leader hes not capable of taking a team far as the main guy which is why hes not worth the max. If he doesnt get them at least into the playoffs it will be a huge i told u so to NY.

NYYCowboys
11-15-2010, 11:13 PM
But i thought he was worth every penny of the max, and that gallo was the next dirk, and felton was suppose to be an all star this year, and that randolph and douglas were just about to hit their stride and become all stars in the making :laugh:

Thats what happens when u bet on what ifs. Amares the only sure thing at all star level. ANd hes no leader hes not capable of taking a team far as the main guy which is why hes not worth the max. If he doesnt get them at least into the playoffs it will be a huge i told u so to NY.

Yeah the Heat are really meeting expectations too...

knicks_champ
11-15-2010, 11:24 PM

LOL!!! It's all good man. No hate. Just good luck on the rest of the season.

Evolution23
11-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Knicks suck right now, get your jokes in right now if it makes you feel better.

justinnum1
11-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah the Heat are really meeting expectations too...
ranking # 3 in defense and offense efficiency for a team that has never played together...pretty good start to me.

knicks_champ
11-15-2010, 11:32 PM
ranking # 3 in defense and offense efficiency for a team that has never played together...pretty good start to me.

LOL! Good Luck to you too man. :) I love you Miami Fans. Number 1 Class fans in the whole South Beach:D.

Team*Chicago
11-16-2010, 12:37 AM
I feel sorry for the New York Knicks but that is a path that they chose to do and it lead them to be a losing team and franchise. They are to busy trying to snatch another team's allstar but they aren't trying to develope their own players into allstars or drafting the right players to be one. Amare made his decision to be on a losing team and he should live with his decision because he's an grown man that is responsible for his own actions. And shouldn't complain about his decision either since he knew the Knicks weren't a good team at all to begin with, the only thing he can do is regret it.

-amn, I guess Amare -uck up leaving a winning for a losing team.

0nekhmer
11-16-2010, 12:39 AM
i can see why he's frustrated with them, he's on a different level than his team. should've stayed with Nash in PHX. first he wanted to show everyone he didn't need nash now he's complaining his team sucks dang how do you please this guy?

koreancabbage
11-16-2010, 01:22 AM
this coming from the guy who does not deserve max money and is not a winner. We all know that Steve Nash made that team go and was the heart of the team. Amare was the running mate the whole time. He's basically saying Felton ain't Steve Nash lol

John Walls Era
11-16-2010, 01:28 AM
They should've kept Lee. Build a foundation and have continuity.

NYsFinest
11-16-2010, 10:19 AM

No they shouldn't have, the way the market has been 20 mill over 5 years is nothing. You can't sign a 15th man for 20 mill over 5 years these days. Give me Amare for 100, Randolph, Turiaf and Azibukee all on the cheap over just David Lee for 80 any day.

John Walls Era
11-16-2010, 10:54 AM
No they shouldn't have, the way the market has been 20 mill over 5 years is nothing. You can't sign a 15th man for 20 mill over 5 years these days. Give me Amare for 100, Randolph, Turiaf and Azibukee all on the cheap over just David Lee for 80 any day.

Have fun then.

NYsFinest
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Have fun then.

People need to stop acting like Lee is some sort of savior, he never won 40= games with the Knicks either. Even though the Knicks are struggling, Amare is better.

bringinwood
11-16-2010, 11:23 AM
:mad: dude do you even watch the knicks? None of the other coaches ever had a chance to win because they never had a chance to build a team. This fool was giving 2 years to build a team, we have good players but the system does not fit them. The knicks should have more lenghth on the floor than any team save Lakers and Magic but continue to put a small lineup to try and run. D'antoni knows two plays iso, p n r the dude is garbage. Watch the games before you comment!!:cry:

I predicted they would be a lottery team before the season started...

I do watch the Knicks..

They aren't that talented....

The only top 10 player in the league, at his position, is Amare...

Amare can't thrive in a high tempo offense without a true PG... Felton isn't exactly a top of the line point...

Chandler has talent, but he is still a bottom 10 SF in the league...

Randolph isn't there yet... Gallo is alright, but again still not there yet...

You guys don't have one legitimate scoring threat on that entire roster...

Not one person would fall in the top 30, in terms of scoring in the NBA...

On the other side of the ball, the defense is horrible.. How do you give up 100 points, when your schedule has been soft, to every team except Toronto ????

Accountability is the most important thing...

What else do you expect ??? But sure, blame a coach that has taken other squads with far more talent to the playoffs...

The problem isn't the coach... It's the mentality that the Knicks will go out, dole out 100MM contracts to stars without a fear that it will bite them in the ***...

One botched contract will haunt you for the next 5 years... If you aren't sure about that contract, you need to pass... The Knicks haven't learned this yet... The haven't learned that drafting talent, then building a foundation while retaining your homegrown talent, is far less expensive than handing out free agent contracts... When they learn this, they may start to build a roster that's respectable...

Badluck33
11-16-2010, 12:32 PM

Really? Cuz D'Antoni is guarding the perimeter and passing the ball effectively to make the players around him better.

To think that someone like Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich would turn the New York Knicks around would make you very delusional.

Mile High Champ
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Amare is already complaining, that did not take long at all..

JETS2010REVIS
11-16-2010, 01:13 PM
nets in 2nd

satui10
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I knew, just like everyone else did, that Stoudemire wasn't going to stay with Phoenix simply bcause the Suns weren't going to come out of pocket like other teams were, but when I found out he was going to the Knicks and for that much money I was...well I was skeptical...

I'm definitely getting the Bosh and the Toronto Raptors complex here where a player who, yes is a good player, is placed in a position to be the face of the franchise but lacks the skill set to live up to that obligation...

Um (I might be bashed or called a hater for this but...) I never saw Stoudemire as a irrelevant player (definitely not, he is good), but not the star player (like Kobe or Wade) who specialize in carrying their team when their team isn't up to par on a given night...

Now given, every player needs support to win, but that amount of support greatly depends on the skill of the player....I knew almost immediately that the Knicks were greatly underestimating how much support Stoudemire needed...and so did I seeing that the Knicks are losing to teams like the Timberwolves, 76ers, and (damn) the Rockets...

If he wanted to win and by connection see the playoffs anytime soon, he should've kept his *** in Phoenix, because the only way he'll get there with the Knicks is to improve his play and to forget the days where Nash and Phoenix's bench made up for the discrepancies...Amare is averaging about 20.8 ppg...that's going to have to come way up and I think he's pissed bcause he realizes that and, I for one, don't think he'll be able to produce...but, then again, look at the Hornets improvement from last year...anything is possible...

TopsyTurvy
11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
This is just Amare calling out his teammates to try and light a fire under them knowing full well that the NYC media machine will blow up his words. No big deal.

RidgeRaider24
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
and the whining starts for amare

eugene
11-16-2010, 02:41 PM

yep

bringinwood
11-16-2010, 02:55 PM

You hit the nail on the head...

Continuity and stability is just as important as bringing in a big name...

With Lee, the Knicks are a lottery team...

With Amare, the knicks are still a lottery team...

However, Lee costs 7MM less a season and provides an eerily similiar base line of production...

6 yrs at 80MM vs 5 yrs at 100MM...

For Lee's 14 ppg and 11 rebs a game, it's worth it...

Stat can play... But, his defensive liabilities coupled with his fuel for being the number one option is too much for a struggling Knicks franchise that is dying for a leader...

Stat isn't a bonefide leader... He isn't a guy people look to and say, he's got our back tonight...

Is stat a viable number one option for a team that has aspirations of making the playoffs ??? Not in this lifetime...

Is Lee ??? No, but with Lee you have a foundation that you can build on... Also, you have 7MM a year more in cap space...

The sad thing is that the Knicks could have had Lee for much less money... They had grandous ideas on making 2 or 3 big splashes this past offseason and forgot that the best option, most logical option was right in their own backyard...

This is why the Knicks are stuck in mediocrity...

GSwarriors4LIFE
11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
The Warriors should thank the Knicks for signing STAT and dealing Lee for: Randolph(will never be as good as people want him to be), Azubuike(Probably will never be the same, but I hope he gets back to his oldself), and Turiaf(Injury plagued). Unless they sign Melo or STAT shows he is worth $100 million, I feel bad for Knick fans.

koreancabbage
11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
People need to stop acting like Lee is some sort of savior, he never won 40= games with the Knicks either. Even though the Knicks are struggling, Amare is better.

you have to stop thinking that Amare is some sort of savior. He puts up similar numbers to David Lee and yet they still are the same team- some might say even better than the previous 2 years cuz Felton is a "legit" point guard than they ever had in the the past two years --> Felton is a backup point guard playing in a starter's role.

you think Knicks are struggling? I think they are playing at where they are supposed to be.

Amare is not "better" cept being a star player complaining. You'd never hear that from David Lee.

JPHX
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
i have defended Amare for a long time. knicks will be fine as long as they bring in some help soon. Amare's level of play tends to sink with the poor play of his teammates.

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Lately, it's been apparent that Stoudemire isn't wild about having Anthony inherit his role as the team's go-to player.

"Looks like Amar'e is in a funk," said one Eastern Conference GM this past week, after watching Stoudemire play without his normal maniacal intensity in the Knicks' wins over Orlando and New Jersey, while Anthony was putting up more than 30 points and getting the shots in crunch time in both games. "But you could expect that when they made the trade for Carmelo."

LINK (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/04/02/2011-04-02_amare_stoudemires_feelings_must_be_mended_as_ca rmelo_anthony_takes_over_as_knick.html?r=sports%2F basketball%2Fknicks&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball %2Fknicks+%28Sports%2FBasketball%2FKnicks%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Looks like he just loves the spotlight and is upset that Melo is hogging some of it. I guess he assumed Melo would be his sidekick and not the other way around.

Poor Amar'e :laugh2:

Mishmin
04-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Nba players are drama queens

Chi StateOfMind
04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
its what happens when u lose u find reasons to make excuses just go out and perform....PERIOD!!!

AddiX
04-02-2011, 08:07 PM
LINK (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/04/02/2011-04-02_amare_stoudemires_feelings_must_be_mended_as_ca rmelo_anthony_takes_over_as_knick.html?r=sports%2F basketball%2Fknicks&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball %2Fknicks+%28Sports%2FBasketball%2FKnicks%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

You really had to re-up this thread for this?

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah I didn't want to... but do u rather I make a new thread for it? THe topic works..

WHODAT8o8
04-02-2011, 08:25 PM
shouldve stayed in phoenix... from a West Conference Finals appearance to a more than likely first round exit. But thats the thing, you'll never know.

NYtilIdie
04-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Eh, be careful what you wish for Amare. He pushed for management to get Melo now and they delivered, now he doesn't like it?

Psh, get over it Amare.

Punk
04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Amare asked for the trade. He was the one who texted Carmelo to downplay the reports of him not being interested in another star playing in NY. You all believe this? Seriously?

It's the NY media. Of course they will spin a bunch of stories. Now, wasn't it a week ago we had a thread here about Melo leaving NY because they lost 6 straight games?

Anyone here see the idiocy right now?

Knickrocketsfan
04-02-2011, 08:38 PM
this is too funny. So amare says nothing but an UNNAMED Exec states this and ppl assume its true. Get a life, stop trying to see a problem thats not there

Crackadalic
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Yea and i guess amare wasnt grinning like a kid in a candy store when he knew melo was coming. Didnt he push for lebron to come to NY?

I guess isiah is still the puppet master huh. What happen to that reporter that got clown by deron williams when he said he wanted to play with Amare? you would think people would learn the media likes to make nothing outta something.

SeoulBeatz
04-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Hearing Amare say this makes me feel pretty good about that Sixers - Knicks thread with all those Knicks fans saying they had a better TEAM than we did.

You may have the stars, but the Sixers are an actual TEAM with a little something called chemistry and a REAL coach.

Not trying to start anything, but i hope that some of you understand that now.

RC3
04-02-2011, 09:04 PM
These writers are not reliable. They hate the knicks since its basketball and it will get in the way with the baseball that they love and the sucky teams like the mets. Even though stoudemire is a bad defender great offensive player, he is not like marbury. The writers want to do that cause they hate the knicks.

netsgiantsyanks
04-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Yea and i guess amare wasnt grinning like a kid in a candy store when he knew melo was coming. Didnt he push for lebron to come to NY?

I guess isiah is still the puppet master huh. What happen to that reporter that got clown by deron williams when he said he wanted to play with Amare? you would think people would learn the media likes to make nothing outta something.

you mean something out of nothing?

jason17
04-02-2011, 09:12 PM

Who cares you knew what the dude was talking about. No reason to act like a smart ***.

Crackadalic
04-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Yes thank you for correcting me. My English is no good :)

netsgiantsyanks
04-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Who cares you knew what the dude was talking about. No reason to act like a smart ***.

i wasnt trying to act like a smart *** at all. :shrug:

Punk
04-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Hearing Amare say this makes me feel pretty good about that Sixers - Knicks thread with all those Knicks fans saying they had a better TEAM than we did.

You may have the stars, but the Sixers are an actual TEAM with a little something called chemistry and a REAL coach.

I hope you understand, this article is not true. And I hope you know your TEAM and REAL coach won't win a damn title in the next 5 years or 10. I hope you understand the REALITY of that.

mjqusoldier
04-02-2011, 09:31 PM

Give us time to gel and we will be raping your squad. I do agree that your coach is better but once we gel the sixers arent in the same boat as the Knicks. Next year well be a contender and you will be a bottom feeder in the East.

Punk
04-02-2011, 09:35 PM
I take posts from SeoulBeatz and Sixer fans that say things like that as a compliment. They understand, it only takes a few changes to make the Knicks a legit contender. You will never win a title in the NBA with a bunch of role players overachieving.

netsgiantsyanks
04-02-2011, 09:37 PM
i need to stop coming into the nba forum. :pity:

Kashmir13579
04-02-2011, 09:37 PM
this thread is from nov 15th of last year?

D-Leethal
04-02-2011, 09:58 PM

LOL.....hearing Amare say what? He didn't say anything. The unnamed Eastern Conference Executive is assuming things based on Amares body language which is ridiculous. Last game Amare had opportunities down the stretch and fed Melo because he was on fire. Amare will still have games where he drops 30+ and Melo is in the low 20s. He also went out of his way to state in post game how great of a game Melo played without even being asked about Melos game by a reporter.

Nothing to see here folks.

effen5
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
I take posts from SeoulBeatz and Sixer fans that say things like that as a compliment. They understand, it only takes a few changes to make the Knicks a legit contender. You will never win a title in the NBA with a bunch of role players overachieving.

Except its going to take a lot more then a 'few changes". You need to fill out the rest of your roster and bench with the little money you guys have, you guys need a new coaching staff, and lastly, the Knicks has to play defense....

Three of those three things the Sixers have.

Kashmir13579
04-02-2011, 10:02 PM
LOL.....hearing Amare say what? He didn't say anything. The unnamed Eastern Conference Executive is assuming things based on Amares body language which is ridiculous. Last game Amare had opportunities down the stretch and fed Melo because he was on fire. Amare will still have games where he drops 30+ and Melo is in the low 20s. He also went out of his way to state in post game how great of a game Melo played without even being asked about Melos game by a reporter.

Nothing to see here folks.

This thread was made last year! i mean, i get it. people want to bash the Knicks. even i like to bash them. but at least find a fresh article! there are plenty of them floating around out there.

Avenged
04-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Please do not bump up 4 1/2 old threads.