PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are 8-1.....Did anybody know that?

News24/7
11-14-2010, 11:04 PM
The spurs are currently tied with the lakers with 8-1 yet there's no news about it.....

I know the Spurs are a very boring team, but there this good so far and even the T-Wolves are getting more attention :laugh2:

BALLER R
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
say word

tredigs
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM
They've had a fairly weak opening schedule, so it shouldn't be too surprising. This is the Spurs we're talking about. They win 50+ games. Every year. It's what they do.

Nice win tonight over OKC though. I thought the Thunder had it for quite a while, then SA hit the afterburners in the 4th to bring 'er home.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
well, Love's game deserved attention.

But yes, the Spurs have been overlooked for 4 years now. I still don't think they are a legit threat to win a ring, they just have too many age/depth questions, but they have the best PF of all time, and pieces to make some noise. And quite honestly, if the Spurs could get themselves into a deep playoff series or two, intelligent fans will respect them as expected

J4KOP99
11-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Lakers, mavs and spurs are the 3 best teams in the west. Then comes NO, OKC, Utah and others.

As long as SA stays healthy, they still have the talent to make some noise.

Avenged
11-14-2010, 11:16 PM
The Spurs have not been overlooked in my opinion, sorry Hawkeye. They have always been one of the best teams since Duncan joined them.. They win tons of games, and nobody ever expects them to lose in the playoffs. Heck, even this last playoffs a lot of people were saying how the Lakers [the champions] were lucky they didn't have to face the Spurs..

ChiSox219
11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Matt Bonner was in beast mode tonight.

I love watching the Spurs, pure basketball if there is such a thing.

And this shouldn't be a surprise, they are healthy.

Rangerchick
11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
The Spurs have not been overlooked in my opinion, sorry Hawkeye. They have always been one of the best teams since Duncan joined them.. They win tons of games, and nobody ever expects them to lose in the playoffs. Heck, even this last playoffs a lot of people were saying how the Lakers [the champions] were lucky they didn't have to face the Spurs..

Everyone notes how old they supposedly are, but they've done a great job rebuilding on the fly. DAL is an old team - 4/5th of their starting 5 and their main bench guys are 30+ while they have 1, maybe 2 20-somethings with any sort of potential. Meanwhile, SA has Blair, Anderson, Splitter, Neal, and Hill. Unlike DAL, SA is built to last.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2010, 11:27 PM

Avenged, you are one of the highly intelligent fans I was referring to. I wouldn't expect you to overlook them for a second...

cambovenzi
11-14-2010, 11:28 PM
They had a SOS of .387 before tonight.

I haven't heard much about them at all this season, so i would agree they might be a bit overlooked record-wise.

kdspurman
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
The schedule has been a little favorable, but as a fan I'm happy were just winning. Last year we had a similar schedule and we started 4-6 through 10 games. So were winning games, and were not as old as people think. Tim is older as is Manu, but we've got a very young bench who's been playing fairly well. As a team theyre #2 in assists in the league, #3 in points per game. Maybe the best offensive team I've seen from these guys. Now if we could move up from 15th in points allowed then we'll be even more dangerous. Right now I'll take the 8-1 record. And keep flying under the radar. 3 point shooting has been incredible also. #1 in the league thus far. Its a hit or miss league.

Giraffes Rule
11-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Anyone that says the Spurs are boring to watch haven't watched them play this season.

lakers4sho
11-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Well as long as they're core is still intact, along with Pop, they'll always be a good team. No surprises here.

The influx of new guys certainly doesn't hurt either.

mikantsass
11-15-2010, 12:00 AM
the spurs have been one of the best teams in the nba over the past decade. i dont think anyone who watches the nba overlooks them

MJ-BULLS
11-15-2010, 12:16 AM
the spurs a are a veteran team,
they been there and they know what it takes to win it all.
the spurs the last couple of years have not been overlooked imo, its just that alot of people dont really talk about them since they are not really of a flashy team. they just win and get the job done when it matters.

effen5
11-15-2010, 12:16 AM
the spurs have been one of the best teams in the nba over the past decade. i dont think anyone who watches the nba overlooks them

Spurs and the Lakers were the two best teams in 00-10. Spurs are always consistent, very quiet, yet always a title contender....yet everyone sleeps on them. I love Pop, and I love Duncan.

koreancabbage
11-15-2010, 12:33 AM
nope, i even looked at the rankings this morning and i didn't even realize it till you told me right now.

I looked at where the Lakers, NOH in the West

Joshtd1
11-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Yes, the biggest thing though is health. When Parker is healthy he is a top 5 PG. When Manu is healthy he is a top 3-4 SG. Tim is a top 2-3 PF....that right there is a formula for sucess. Throw in RJ/Blair/Dice all having a 2nd year to have gotten used to the system makes it even better.

The people who want to say the Spurs are done have to get a reality check, we have the offense to keep up with pretty much anyone...and if we get the defense to par like Pop wants, its not impossible to think we can't win another ring.

Of course that is if we stay healthy though.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Not really but I knew they would be doing good and would be near the top anyways. The Spurs are winners every year. So even if no one knows their record exact record, people know they are going to get their +50 wins.

JordansBulls
11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
I know Duncan hasn't played well.

drobe86
11-15-2010, 01:11 AM
The spurs are status quo but they'll fade because their stars are old...

IversonIsKrazy
11-15-2010, 02:49 AM
Well they've had a bit easier schedule than others, but main reason for the 8-1 start is that there HEALTHY.
Not only are they healthy, but Jefferson has played up to his contract so far getting over 15 a night. Spurs are avging 108ppg this season, thas the most amazing stat to me.

WadeCounty
11-15-2010, 03:27 AM
to answer the original question, no I didn't know.

JayW_1023
11-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Yesterday Matt BONNER! inspired me to do something I haven't done for one and a half season: change my signature. Yesterdays 7-7 outing from downtown should remind opposing teams not to fuhget 'bout BONNER!

In all seriousness, The Spurs are playing this well and they aren't even relying on Timmy, who has been little more a role player so far. RJ is playing out of his mind, and Manu is showing what he can do with starters minutes. Parker is playing his most efficient offensive season in years...and back healthy he is still one of the quickest players in the league. And his finishing in traffic is still spot on.

Our bench is deep as hell. Splitter. Diceman. G-Hill. Gary Neal has been a revelation so far. And don't fuhget 'bout BONNER!

Mplsman
11-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Spurs, never liked the Spurs.

TrueFan420
11-15-2010, 05:14 AM
not a fan of the team but you best believe i respect them, mostly pop and timmy, as a team.

DoJoTheSlasher
11-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Everyone notes how old they supposedly are, but they've done a great job rebuilding on the fly. DAL is an old team - 4/5th of their starting 5 and their main bench guys are 30+ while they have 1, maybe 2 20-somethings with any sort of potential. Meanwhile, SA has Blair, Anderson, Splitter, Neal, and Hill. Unlike DAL, SA is built to last.

Uhhhh, we have Roddy Beaubois who has star potential and is better than any of those players, Dominique Jones who is going to be a lesser version of Rodney Stuckey and has starting potential, Ian Mahimi who the Spurs had has some potential as well as Alexis Ajinca, and Tyson Chandler who is still relatively young. I respect the Spurs a whole lot but don't act like the Mavs are screwed for the future. We are screwed when Dirk leaves no doubt but we still have talent for the future and will build on that in the next 3-4 drafts while Dirk is still here beasting it up.

Note on San Antonio, I think us and them are 2a and 2b in the West. I won't say we are better and I won't say they are better. I hope there is a re-match in the playoffs.

Antipod
11-15-2010, 05:56 AM
it`s only because Timmy is fresh :D

JayW_1023
11-15-2010, 06:02 AM
The Spurs just won't go away huh? LOL :p

BONNER!

steb0ne
11-15-2010, 07:58 AM
They've had a fairly weak opening schedule, so it shouldn't be too surprising.....

So have the Lakers, Celtics and Hornets...but that doesn't stop the media from hyping them up!!! The Spurs are off to a franchise best start; currently 3rd in the league in scoring and have the NBA's best 3 point percentage. yet 6th in ESPN's power rankings with a 8-1 record.

I wouldn't even say the Hornets really, b/c you would never know they're the #1 team in the NBA this year record wise if you didn't follow basketball.

Silent
11-15-2010, 08:31 AM
keep up with all the spam u fkrs and i will hack your site

JayW_1023
11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
So have the Lakers, Celtics and Hornets...but that doesn't stop the media from hyping them up!!! The Spurs are off to a franchise best start; currently 3rd in the league in scoring and have the NBA's best 3 point percentage. yet 6th in ESPN's power rankings with a 8-1 record.

I wouldn't even say the Hornets really, b/c you would never know they're the #1 team in the NBA this year record wise if you didn't follow basketball.

It's also a myth that the Spurs are too old, while Boston and the Lakers are actually older teams.

Yesterday it was the veterans that made the Thunder, who are not living up to the hype yet, look really bad. Manu torched the so-called best perimeter defender in the league, Thabo Sefolosha with every opportunity he got.

Speaking of Manu, he is prolly the most spry 33-year old SG in the league. Amazing how calmly he drained that clutch three in the end, like it was nothing. He is by far the Spurs best player the first nine games.

Joshtd1
11-15-2010, 09:18 AM

:rolleyes: You should know better then to say something like that after last years playoffs.

Seeing as our guys are playing pretty limited minutes Im sure they will be even fresher then last year.

kdspurman
11-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Do you think your Mavericks stars fade cause theyre old? Cause were younger than Dallas as a ball club and manage our minutes better... Just curious

JasonJohnHorn
11-15-2010, 09:45 AM
The crazy part about their record is that their best player is putting up the worst numbers of his career and they are STILL playing this good! Only one team has a better record, and Splittner still hasnt gotten his grove one. These guys could potentially be unstoppable if Duncan and Splitter start put up some numbers along with Parker, Ginobili and Jefferson.

I actually put $20 on the Spurs to win it all at the Flamingo and got 21-1 odds! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

JayW_1023
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
The one team who has beaten the Spurs so far is the only undefeated team remaining: Nawlins.

Geargo Wallace
11-15-2010, 10:20 AM
I didn't notice at all and I love the Spurs. Can I get a clap for TD?

todu82
11-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Good to see the Spurs doing so well. Wouldn't mind seeing Duncan winning another title before he retires.

Silent
11-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Just Because the Spurs are old don't mean they suck Jefferson is playing great TP got his contract he wanted. there all playing in sync chemistry is a big key plus u have pop as a coach

Htownballa1622
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Spurs are definitely a great team.but they might have had another loss if manu hadn't been stupid with that cheap lame charge he tried on aaron brooks before half of the spurs rockets game. But oh well.no coulda woulda shoulda game.spurs are playing great.