PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Have Interest in Nash

Mudvayne91
11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25842274

I didn't see it posted, but sorry if it has. I'm not really sure what to think about it actually.

J4KOP99
11-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I guess the Knicks are even dumber than we all thought...

-On a side-note, how ****ing terrible are they this year? D'antoni has no plan B when his offense can't hit the 3.

-On another side-note, now that Sam Cassell is out of the league, I'd vote Steve Nash as the ugliest player in the NBA. He is a weird looking guy.

John Walls Era
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Thats nice. So looks like the Knicks want to be good for 3 years (couple of first round exits) and then go back down to being mediocre.

NYtilIdie
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM

-On a side-note, how ****ing terrible are they this year? D'antoni has no plan B when his offense can't hit the 3.

-On another side-note, now that Sam Cassell is out of the league, I'd vote Steve Nash as the ugliest player in the NBA. He is a weird looking guy.

:laugh: I have to laugh to stop myself from crying at how true this is.

News24/7
11-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Thats nice. So looks like the Knicks want to be mediocre for 3 years and then go back down to being horrible.

fixed

Slimsim
11-14-2010, 11:13 PM

I cry ever night. I hate Mike d and Wish he would quit or Something. Knicks need to go back and become a defensive Team.

J4KOP99
11-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I cry ever night. I hate Mike d and Wish he would quit or Something. Knicks need to go back and become a defensive Team.

Jeff Van Gundy isn't currently doing anything...

News24/7
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM

Am i smelling the return of Jeff Van Gundy?

J4KOP99
11-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Am i smelling the return of Jeff Van Gundy?

I beat you to it.

News24/7
11-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I beat you to it.

i know just saw. Damn you! :mad:

jimm120
11-14-2010, 11:23 PM
The Knicks are NOT a bad team.

D'Antoni just isn't that good of a coach. He had Nash during his MVP seasons, Amare during his first few years, Joe Johnson before he became a mega talent, Jason Richardson. DAntoni had a lot.

But I still say, the knicks aren't a bad team. Its Dantoni. I'm not saying they can't succeed with him, but he makes things harder.

He gets down on players (Nate, Marbury, etc). He keeps telling people to shoot 3's, even though they aren't the best at that. His defensive schemes are porous. Oh, and he keeps giving players a wrong philosophy of the game.

A good example is what he did now with Fields. Fields is pretty much the only big time ballhawk on the team. And what does he do? He tells Fields to "stop moving". Pretty much telling him to stay at the 3 point line like every other player.

But The Knicks are a good team. They've shown it. They showed it through their first 5 games.

IAmKira
11-14-2010, 11:27 PM

His wife says other wise.. Chris Bosh says hi btw

BkOriginalOne
11-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Knicks always had interest in Nash.

I would welcome Nash in NY and NY would welcome Nash.
(though we'd rather have Curry, Jennings, Cp3)

News24/7
11-14-2010, 11:32 PM

rajon rondo says otherwise

Mudvayne91
11-14-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm sure they'd have to give up something decent and I don't think it'll be draft picks. I read somewhere due to some nba rule, the Knicks can't trade their 1st till 2014. So assuming they do give up a few players, I don't think there's any possible way they'd be able to trade for Melo (not sure they have a great chance as of now). He would most certainly have to sign as a FA.

JB0B0
11-14-2010, 11:36 PM
They should trade for Arenas instead. Younger and more productive when healthy.

Duncan = Donkey
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Didn't they just sign Felton??

xabial
11-14-2010, 11:42 PM
They should trade for Arenas instead. Younger and more productive when healthy.

Its a bad idea to commit $180M to two injury-Prone Players over the Next 4-5 Years

Duncan = Donkey
11-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Doubt Phoenix would anything from the Knicks anyway, just a bunch of role players and Amare

Mplsman
11-14-2010, 11:49 PM
I don't like nash in NY.

td0tsfinest
11-14-2010, 11:52 PM

ex-wife now.

Anyways, I'm not really surprised. Knicks are struggling and Amare just can't get it done. His FT% is down 10% from last season.

NYYCowboys
11-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Getting a 36 year old PG right now makes zero sense. Mike D'Antoni needs to be fired. His stupid 8 second or less offense may work in Europe, but it will never win a championship in the NBA. Walsh also has got to go. He's made way too many mistakes, and is 5 years away from having to live in a nursing home. Amare has been a complete bust so far. I can't even watch the guy play he turns the ball over every other possession, and is shooting a terrible % from the field, but he may average a triple double this year in Pts, TOs and looks of bewilderment at the referees after he turns the ball over. My solution: hire Kevin Pritchard as President/GM, and hire Jeff Van Gundy as coach.

NYtilIdie
11-15-2010, 12:23 AM

I honestly think he's done coaching. He's gotten offers from teams, but always turns them down, hell he doesn't even want to have a sitdown with them.

koreancabbage
11-15-2010, 12:28 AM
haha NYK is already hitting the panic button

all this especially when Denver and especially NOH is playing well. NO way they get Paul when they are playing like this. NOH mangement is gonna try to keep Paul happy with trades and FA for shizzle, Paul is a once in a lifetime franchise player they have to keep.

NYK can have Nash, but might as well traded for Nash when they signed Amar'e AND the FACT they signed a BENCH player in Felton to be their starting PG.

what54!?
11-15-2010, 12:30 AM
the knicks want any and everyone

Jays Claw
11-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I doubt that this happens. If Phoenix trades Nash, they'll be in semi-rebuild mode which sucks to be honest. Eventually, they'll have to tear the team apart leading to a need of draft picks and young talent. The Knicks have no picks available for trade and a package centered around Chandler might not be enough.

More-Than-Most
11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Nash should go to a contender right now but this is not the solution... Nash is quietly putting up great numbers again... after tonight's win against the lakers he will be averaging like 20 points 10 assists per game while shooting over 50 percent from the field... close to 50 percent from the 3 point line and close to 90 percent from the free throw line. The guy is like wine... He gets better with age.

AI4MVP
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
lol sorry. coaching and management already said there not trading him, hes playing at his mvp level, and the suns are finally starting to gel and are coming off a huge win at LA.

This is the equivalent of me saying "The Suns have interest in Kevin Durant"

heyman321
11-15-2010, 01:15 AM

Wow really? I think Nash is actually a handsome looking guy, better than half of the people in the league.

leftie5
11-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I doubt we trade him at all. The only way that would happen is if Steve comes out and says he wants to be traded. He is still a productive player and getting rid of him would piss off the whole fan base.

From the looks of it, the Knicks need a lot more than Nash to turn things around.

Duncan = Donkey
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Back on Topic, Id bet Big Money on Nash not being in a Knick uniform ever.

PrettyBoyJ
11-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Dantoni is everything that is wrong with the team.. Getting Nash would just make the knicks only the east version of the suns with less chemistry.. I wish they would fire him already

colinskik
11-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I doubt we trade him at all. The only way that would happen is if Steve comes out and says he wants to be traded. He is still a productive player and getting rid of him would piss off the whole fan base.

From the looks of it, the Knicks need a lot more than Nash to turn things around.
I think their biggest problem right now other then getting down on themselves after letting a team go on their first run is Felton. He can't run the pick and roll and turns the ball over a ton trying to make passes he can't. Obviously the Knicks would be better with Nash ... so would any team.

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2010, 01:29 AM
who aren't the Knicks interested in?

John Walls Era
11-15-2010, 01:31 AM
The Magic could use him. But I don't see any way a trade would benefit the Suns. Suns would want almost no one back.

John Walls Era
11-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Nash would be a short term answer. But Knicks already signed Felton up.

Angel2Maverick
11-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Dont see it happening

Team*Chicago
11-15-2010, 11:46 PM
This is nothing new, the Knicks are interested in anybody that is a star doesn't matter what position they play or who they are, they just interested in Nash because he's a star simply as that which we already know.

ink
11-15-2010, 11:54 PM
No disrespect to Knicks fans but what would be in it for Nash or the Suns?

Nash has a better team around him now and Gentry is arguably doing a better job with the Suns than D'Antoni did. There wouldn't be any incentive for him to go to NY -- at least not basketball-wise. Seems to me Amare needs him more than the other way around.

Crackadalic
11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
we are still rebuilding despite having amare why the hell would we waste our players on nash when we can use them in other trades like melo or other players that can improve the roster or use them during next years draft steve nash is not the answer still think he is a top 5 pg but he needs to go to a contender

Raph12
11-16-2010, 04:26 AM
Well DUH!

Kashmir13579
11-16-2010, 04:40 AM
This would be the greatest thing for Andy Rautins' career if nothing else :hide:

Caps1989
11-16-2010, 05:02 AM

Sam Cassell isnt out of the league. He's an assistant coach for the Wizards.

kikeyanez
11-16-2010, 05:30 AM
knicks sign the suns former coach then a couple years later sign there young star amire now they want to get the suns star point guard nash? it sounds like the knicks are on the suns 'Nuts' big time! its like when the wizards signed former warriors players gilbert,larry hughes & jamison! weird!

PHX2daDEATH
11-16-2010, 07:07 AM

why you judging guys man!!

PHX2daDEATH
11-16-2010, 07:21 AM
I liken the knicks to a 14 year old boy who just looked at his first playboy..they are desperate..not only is Amare's FT% down but his FG% is the worse of his entire career..Amare's game will improve as the season goes on Knicks fans.. he did this every year in Phoenix..starts slow and right around the time after the All-Star break he turns it up a notch.. but it might be too late by then

Look Suns aren't trading Nash..I hate hearing the rumors.. Hedo is gaining his swag.. Channing is playing good and J-Rich is beasting..the only problem the Suns have is their Center's back problem and thats something i'll come to accept because im used to them not having a good seven footer

UnWantedTheory
11-16-2010, 07:31 AM

Honestly so does PHX. But at least PHX will most likely be decent.

ragee
11-16-2010, 09:02 AM

I don't know why teams who are in need of a coach is not going after that guy...

Silent
11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
D'Antoni reminds me of Nelson same style chuck up as many 3s as u can and pray u hit half

J4KOP99
11-16-2010, 10:41 AM
why you judging guys man!!

Right back at ya

ttam68
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Sources say the Knicks are interested in acquiring really good players at little cost to their team. Sources also indicate they'd like to eventually win the championship.

J4KOP99
11-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't know why teams who are in need of a coach is not going after that guy...

He must not want to coach, you would have to imagine he has recieved multiple offers.

Lim
11-16-2010, 12:42 PM
honestly the suns organization would be stupid to not trade nash while his value is still high. lets face it they arent winning a title anytime soon, they should start rebuilding NOW. western conference finals is as far as they got and that was with amare. if i was nash id already be asking for a trade, its literally pointless for him to stay in phx for the rest of his career(unless they somehow land a stud big somehow).

koreancabbage
11-16-2010, 03:25 PM
looks like Nash is the flavour of the month. lol Knicks. is it me or is it only Amare who actually wanted to play in NY and actually did (as a star player) while signing as a free agent.

people say they want to play in NY, but i haven't seen legit big time allstars going there cept Amare in the last few years.

Hunter48MVP
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Steve Nash is not going to the Knicks. Orlando Magic seem like the best fit. Dwight and Nash. That would be awesome