PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Waive Joe Alexander..

xabial
11-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Just Saw it on ESPN.. He was the eighth pick in the 2008 NBA Draft Drafted By the Milwakee Bucks. The Bucks Didnt give him much playing time and declined his Team Contract Options in his Rookie Contract. He was the most athletic athlete at the Pre-Draft.

He was Traded to the Chicago Bulls in the John Salmons Salary Dump Trade.

This Season The Hornets signed him off Free Agency, this year, but he was waived on November 13, 2010.

Such a shame... He Looked like he had so much Potential.

What happened to him. I mean at being picked at number eight scouts must have seen something in him. Bucks Fans, why did your team dump this guy?

Is it safe to call him a Bust?

aussie
11-14-2010, 09:08 PM
old news mate + its in the hornets forum

Bulls_fan90
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM
It's more than safe to call him a bust.

hugepatsfan
11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't mind the Celtics letting Von Wafer go to give him another shot. BOS has 0 young talent on the wing and maybe playing w/ BOS's great team would help. Low risk signing.

John Walls Era
11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't mind the Celtics letting Von Wafer go to give him another shot. BOS has 0 young talent on the wing and maybe playing w/ BOS's great team would help. Low risk signing.

Believe me... hes not a talent. He was decently athletic, but can't play.

Korman12
11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, it's very safe to call him a bust at this point - if not one of the biggest busts of the decade.

He was a hyper athletic SF that scouts thought had more potential than any individual skill - outside athleticism. In his first and only season with Milwaukee, he could only score a little, and at a very poor 41% clip. He literally couldn't do anything else, and all too often made poor decisions, turned the ball over, forced poor shots.

Really, he hadn't come into his own at WVU till his last season and was at his best during the 2008 NCAA Tournament (averaged about 19 ppg, 9 rpg).

To keep it short, he was drafted too high, wasn't mature enough, didn't have enough all-around abilities and had a low BBall IQ.

MU and UW Fan
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I was mad when the Bucks drafted him in the first place. He has a good ncaa tournament and then sky rockets in the draft and we were stupid enough to take him. Glad we dumped him in Salmons trade. He's just simply not a basketball player. His IQ of the game is terrible. Will never make it in the league. Definitely a bust even though most of us bucks fans knew he would never pan out.

Mishmin
11-14-2010, 10:18 PM

I second.

nolafan33
11-14-2010, 11:10 PM
The Hornets had him as a PF. That should tell you about his skills, or lack thereof.

checkit
11-14-2010, 11:18 PM

I agree. Wafer has been a disapointment.

hgtiger32
11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
I was mad when the Bucks drafted him in the first place. He has a good ncaa tournament and then sky rockets in the draft and we were stupid enough to take him. Glad we dumped him in Salmons trade. He's just simply not a basketball player. His IQ of the game is terrible. Will never make it in the league. Definitely a bust even though most of us bucks fans knew he would never pan out.

i feel your pain and i agree 100%

IAmKira
11-14-2010, 11:29 PM
he can speak Chinese. All i care =]

TO THE CBA HE GOES!!

koreancabbage
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
come on Raptors! get him! cheap talent and very manageable. Toronto Raptors are the new zoo crew of the East. They will out hustle and try to use their athleticism to win games albeit the lack of talent they have.

ZOO CREW!

Jenceman
11-15-2010, 01:08 AM
He played decently his rookie season, hasn't done ish since.

TheShock45
11-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Just Saw it on ESPN.. He was the eighth pick in the 2008 NBA Draft Drafted By the Milwakee Bucks. The Bucks Didnt give him much playing time and declined his Team Contract Options in his Rookie Contract. He was the most athletic athlete at the Pre-Draft.

This Season The Hornets signed him off Free Agency, this year, but he was waived on November 13, 2010.

What happened to him. I mean at being picked at number eight scouts must have seen something in him. Bucks Fans, why did your team dump this guy?

He needs somewhere he can play, if you ever go back into the old reports one of the big reasons the bucks picked him was because he spoke chinese and they wanted him to help Yi Jianlian become a star. None of those projects worked out for the bucks, the city would have been pissed if them reaching for Brandon Jennings didnt work out so well

zambo4president
11-15-2010, 01:24 AM
I see him and Utah meshing together well, or Golden State

MU and UW Fan
11-15-2010, 04:08 AM
He needs somewhere he can play, if you ever go back into the old reports one of the big reasons the bucks picked him was because he spoke chinese and they wanted him to help Yi Jianlian become a star. None of those projects worked out for the bucks, the city would have been pissed if them reaching for Brandon Jennings didnt work out so well

What reports are you talking about dude? We traded Yi before we even drafted Alexander. And how did we reach for Jennings? He had a tough time in Europe, but he actually had talent. It's one thing to take a guy who should have gone earlier in the draft like Jennings, but Alexander just wasn't good period. Would we have been pissed if Jennings didn't pan out? Yes. But you can't blame a team for passing on a possible gem. So we wouldn't have been as pissed if Jennings didn't turn out as we were with Alexander because everyone knew he was most likely going to fail.

abe_froman
11-15-2010, 04:21 AM
It's more than safe to call him a bust.

naw,he was thought of high enough even pre draft to get the bust label

but to the op:he really has no playing skills,and doesnt have a mind for it.he was taken because of he was athletic as hell

GreatMustachio1
11-15-2010, 04:23 AM
oh adam morrison..
though adam would absolutely take him to school in some one on one. no contest

cambovenzi
11-15-2010, 04:23 AM
I never thought he was all that great tbh.
not even in college.

AsfanSince99
11-15-2010, 04:42 AM

This doesn't surprise me.

Mplsman
11-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Back on the waivers poor Joe.

Big Quett
11-15-2010, 08:57 AM
yes, it's very safe to call him a bust at this point - if not one of the biggest busts of the decade.

He was a hyper athletic sf that scouts thought had more potential than any individual skill - outside athleticism. In his first and only season with milwaukee, he could only score a little, and at a very poor 41% clip. He literally couldn't do anything else, and all too often made poor decisions, turned the ball over, forced poor shots.

really, he hadn't come into his own at wvu till his last season and was at his best during the 2008 ncaa tournament (averaged about 19 ppg, 9 rpg).

to keep it short, he was drafted too high, wasn't mature enough, didn't have enough all-around abilities and had a low bball iq.
this.