PDA

View Full Version : Kings getting offers for Cousins

spreadeagle
11-14-2010, 08:27 PM
So you’d think that getting fined by your team for clashing with coaches would be a bad thing. Turns out DeMarcus Cousins has really only improved his stock by being, you know, DeMarcus Cousins. After getting fined earlier this week for what Marc Stein described as a series of clashes leading to “tension” in the locker room, today word comes from NBA FanHouse’s Sam Amick that three teams inquired about his availability, hoping to cash in on the Kings’ frustration with Cousins.

Huh.

Interesting note here, Amick sources the offers from someone close to Cousins. Who, naturally, would rather be seen as such a valuable commodity rather than a malcontent who other teams are running away from, including the Kings. Still, if the offers are authentic, it creates kind of a weird scenario for the Kings. Cousins is immensely talented, but is he worth the headache? On a team that’s struggling under the weight of Tyreke Evans’ enormous expectations, injury issues, and the team generally sucking, Cousins is a hassle the Kings may not want to deal with.

But then you look at the numbers, the potential, the ability, and you wonder if there isn’t a better alternative. That alternative needs to be patience. Cousins screams and yells? Fine him, and move on. Treat him like you would a third-grader, deal with him and move on. You don’t win much by letting Cousins drag you down to his level. Hold the line, keep calm, and carry on.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/13/report-demarcus-cousins-behavior-is-garnering-offers-not-caution/

topdog
11-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Everyone in the league knew the deal going into the draft. That's why he fell to #5. Sacto made its choice and I don't see why you wouldn't see it through.

fadedmario
11-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Detroit will be all over this....guaranteed

fadedmario
11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Monroe, Prince, Maxiell

Cousins, Dalembert

Bulls_fan90
11-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Detroit, Washington, Houston would be my guess.

CityofTreez
11-14-2010, 08:52 PM

No they won't!

fadedmario
11-14-2010, 08:57 PM
No they won't!

Watching him right now, I'm not that impressed

ManRam
11-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Wow. Leave it to PSD to turn a Cousins thread into a Detroit/Chicago argument. Nice!

As for Cousins...I'd take a chance on him. We're a pretty veteran team with a coach who wouldn't tolerate his ****. It's not going to happen, but yeah...as long as you have talent, there will be a demand.

THE GIPPER
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Detroit, Washington, Houston would be my guess.

maybe but it says that three "top tier" teams inquired about him and none of those teams are top tier

John Walls Era
11-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Houston won't be all over him. They go for good character players and hes questionable in that regard.

KingsAndNiners
11-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Monroe, Prince, Maxiell

Cousins, Dalembert

No thanks.

Bulls_fan90
11-14-2010, 09:04 PM
maybe but it says that three "top tier" teams inquired about him and none of those teams are top tier

Where does it say that? Must have missed it. Atlanta could be another option.

CityofTreez
11-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Watching him right now, I'm not that impressed

He's 20 years old. What do you expect him to do?

He's slowly learning the game one game at a time, and plus, he wouldn;t help this Pistons team one bit.

Watching both teams right now and he fits in better with us than Detroit!

THE GIPPER
11-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Where does it say that? Must have missed it. Atlanta could be another option.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2010-11-13/teams-have-asked-kings-about-cousins

Hawkeye15
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM
please keep this thread on Cousins.

StriveGreatness
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
I hope Detroit is in discussions.

AI4MVP
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cm2dyp

suns add some draft picks or watever

StriveGreatness
11-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah. Monroe looked better then Cousins tonight IMO

StriveGreatness
11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I hope Joe D has something up his sleeve

spreadeagle
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cm2dyp

suns add some draft picks or watever

Suns get killed on that J Rich playing good this year.Id say Robin Lopez has as much potential as Cousins

hyb152
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
I live in Sacramento and it's been clarified that these stories have been blown out of proportion. Cousins and the kings are fine. He's not going anywhere.

DerekRE_3
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
The Kings aren't trading Cousins...good lord. Geoff Petrie is one of the most patient GM's in the business. He's not gonna trade Cousins after 8 games and after some BS overblown reports from anonymous sources written by reporters that don't cover the Kings.

JWO35
11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
1.Greg Monroe outplayed DeMarcus tonight....
2. Cousins needs work on his fundamentals, this isn't college/HS he's no longer the biggest/tallest on the court anymore.

John Walls Era
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
fine. Aaron Brooks for Cousins.

pd1dish
11-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Suns get killed on that J Rich playing good this year.Id say Robin Lopez has as much potential as Cousins

yeah and cousins just doesnt fit in too well with the suns. the suns run the court too much for cousins. he needs to be on a team that sets up in the half court a high percentage of the time.

if i had to pick a team, i would think that houston would be going after him with the concern of yao ming not being able to stay injury free.

Storch
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Houston won't be all over him. They go for good character players and hes questionable in that regard.

Ron Artest?

John Walls Era
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Ron Artest?

You're right. But Ron wasn't really a problem in the locker room. Though insane, he seemed like a nice guy.

Theres been reports that say that Cousins is being a problem in the locker room and he has a huge ego. Probably wouldn't want to be benched when Yao starts.

jimbobjarree
11-14-2010, 11:44 PM
its a shame they dont have a respectable veteran center to take Cousins under his wing and whip him into shape...or a veteran presence at any position on their team.

SouthSideRookie
11-14-2010, 11:50 PM

Rockets should be really looking into this if the Kings are really considering moving Cousins. Patrick Patterson would be someone they can offer along with Brooks maybe, not sure what the kings would be demanding.

drobe86
11-15-2010, 12:01 AM

And I'd say your an idiot, and Robin Lopez isn't on the same planet as Demarcus Cousins lol.....

drobe86
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM

And start Kyle Lowry at the point? Houston... Good luck with that

wileyisTOFU
11-15-2010, 12:06 AM

errrr, most not watch alot of rockets game eh? many rockets fans have been arguing for a while now that AB should the 6th man off the bench and Kyle should start.

wileyisTOFU
11-15-2010, 12:08 AM

I hear what your saying, but i think the Rockets could use a head-case sorta guy. Plus we did sign Ron Artest a few years ago as well.

drobe86
11-15-2010, 12:08 AM
errrr, most not watch alot of rockets game eh? many rockets fans have been arguing for a while now that AB should the 6th man off the bench and Kyle should start.

I don't have to watch a Rockets game to know that Kyle Lowry isn't half the player AB is.....

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't have to watch a Rockets game to know that Kyle Lowry isn't half the player AB is.....

then you don't know what you are talking about.

wileyisTOFU
11-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Its a team game...

Lowry is a pass first PG that can actually play D, AB is a undersized shoot first PG that cant play a lick of D.

But ya, you most know what your talking about. :eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM
The Rox would be much better starting Lowry, a true PG, and bringing Brooks off the bench as a Jason Terry type scoring machine. Lowry is bigger, a better defender, and is a pass first PG. Brooks is a ridiculously talented scorer, and needs to be used as such

DerekRE_3
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Hmm, I wasn't aware that if teams call about a player the team has to trade them.

drobe86
11-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Its a team game...

Lowry is a pass first PG that can actually play D, AB is a undersized shoot first PG that cant play a lick of D.

But ya, you most know what your talking about. :eyebrow:

Idk if you guys know but Aaron Brooks is a top 10-15ish pg in the league. Kyle Lowry is a journeyman Get my point:)

Westbrook36
11-15-2010, 12:26 AM
I'd give something on the 76ers to grab him, i'm pretty confident in the way Doug Collins is that he wouldn't allow him to slack off.

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner
Iggy
Elton Brand
Cousins

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Idk if you guys know but Aaron Brooks is a top 10-15ish pg in the league. Kyle Lowry is a journeyman Get my point:)

eh, but the dynamics on the floor sometimes mean more than an individual ranking

koreancabbage
11-15-2010, 12:31 AM
so he is the cancer that the first 4 teams thought he was. good choice. talk about a Zach Randolph part 2!

cept Randolph is not complaining anymore . so there is hope for Cousins.

John Walls Era
11-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Rockets should be really looking into this if the Kings are really considering moving Cousins. Patrick Patterson would be someone they can offer along with Brooks maybe, not sure what the kings would be demanding.

I was hoping to keep Patrick. Maybe an old teammate would help Cousins fit in.

Lowry is more than capable. Hes a good PG and brings better D.
Ish Smith is becoming one of my favorite young players, I think he could be the PG that helps change the pace of the game if Lowry were starting.

drobe86
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Kyle Lowry averages 8 points 3 rebounds and 3 assists for his career. Not exactly the kind of guy I'm looking to be a starter. But its your team suit your self

wileyisTOFU
11-15-2010, 12:40 AM

Because every Journeyman gets paid 4 years for $24mil for a backup PG by one of the best GM's in the league?

Its okay to be wrong sometimes drobe86...

drobe86
11-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Because every Journeyman gets paid 4 years for $24mil for a backup PG by one of the best GM's in the league?

Its okay to be wrong sometimes drobe86...

Well, if he's given Kyle Lowry 24 million for anything he certainly can't be considered the Best anything. You can't show me any statistical proof that says Kyle Lowry is even good. 8 pts 3 reb and 3 assists arent even starter numbers. I can't even understand why I'm debating with you about how kyle lowry is good. He doesn't standout at all, hell he's borderline garbage.....

wileyisTOFU
11-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Well, if he's given Kyle Lowry 24 million for anything he certainly can't be considered the Best anything. You can't show me any statistical proof that says Kyle Lowry is even good. 8 pts 3 reb and 3 assists arent even starter numbers. I can't even understand why I'm debating with you about how kyle lowry is good. He doesn't standout at all, hell he's borderline garbage.....

cant believe im even trying to debate with you either....

join the discussion when you start watching the games.

PC
11-15-2010, 01:00 AM
It'd be interesting to see if Washington could somehow get involved. Wall+Cousins on the same team again would be very fun to watch

PhillyFan001
11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd give something on the 76ers to grab him, i'm pretty confident in the way Doug Collins is that he wouldn't allow him to slack off.

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner
Iggy
Elton Brand
Cousins

my dream the two players i couldn't decide over on the same team, now just get the nets to do a three way trade that lands us favors and gives the nuggets iggy

jrue
evan
young
brand/favors
cousins
A dream that will never happen

drobe86
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
cant believe im even trying to debate with you either....

join the discussion when you start watching the games.

I've watched a few Rockets game as I have NBA league pass. I'll say this Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin STANDOUT. Right around the time Kyle Lowry checks in I flip to another game lol......

SensandRaps
11-15-2010, 01:22 AM
raptors might try to get in on him depending on how much and what type of players the kings want in return. if they can swing a deal for him they might actually get a legitamate center to play center instead of bargs playing center when he really cant

DerekRE_3
11-15-2010, 01:39 AM
raptors might try to get in on him depending on how much and what type of players the kings want in return. if they can swing a deal for him they might actually get a legitamate center to play center instead of bargs playing center when he really cant

I don't see anyone on the Raps the Kings would want that would make them want to deal Cousins. It's so funny how people are just assuming the Kings are going to trade him because a few teams are rumored to have asked about him. He's NOT on the block.

PhillyFan001
11-15-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't see anyone on the Raps the Kings would want that would make them want to deal Cousins. It's so funny how people are just assuming the Kings are going to trade him because a few teams are rumored to have asked about him. He's NOT on the block.

We know he is not on the block, well i know he is not on the block but everyone wishes he was.

John Walls Era
11-15-2010, 01:49 AM
It'd be interesting to see if Washington could somehow get involved. Wall+Cousins on the same team again would be very fun to watch

I wonder if the Kings are interested in that chucker: Blatche.

Mplsman
11-15-2010, 01:51 AM

That would be sweet.

SensandRaps
11-15-2010, 03:00 AM

if you read my post i never said that the kings have to trade him. but if there is a chance he is available BC will be an idiot not to call and check the price on him. i also know that the raptors at the moment dont have any great pieces to build an offer but for cousins the offer will start with ed davis if there was a chance to get him

bayarealuv21
11-15-2010, 03:18 AM
I was at the game tonight and every time Cousins came to the bench Paul was slapping him on the butt, he was even joking around with some of the assistant coaches pre game. I really think people are blowing this out of proportion, like always.

bayarealuv21
11-15-2010, 03:20 AM
Plus, I bought my Cousins jersey tonight, so he better not be getting traded ;] lol

PHX2daDEATH
11-15-2010, 03:52 AM
too soon to trade him but i tell ya this will resurface around the trade deadline... young players are never off limits.. Rasheed was traded early in his career and so was Chris Webber, oh and if the kings wanna swap cousins for lopez id be all for it!

bayarealuv21
11-15-2010, 03:53 AM
No thank you

AsfanSince99
11-15-2010, 04:37 AM
I live in Sacramento and it's been clarified that these stories have been blown out of proportion. Cousins and the kings are fine. He's not going anywhere.
I'll believe Kings fans over some misrepresented story that's straight outta left field.

alencp3
11-15-2010, 05:23 AM
I can only see him going with his bro Wall
But i doubt that he is staying

DoJoTheSlasher
11-15-2010, 05:45 AM
Give him 3 or 4 years to mature.... Ron Artest is still pretty immature but he is now a vital piece to the Lakers and he won a game for them in the WCF as well as locking down Durant and playing effective defense in the finals.

Niro
11-15-2010, 10:28 AM
biedrins+udoh for cousins

Sactown
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
biedrins+udoh for cousins

lol... :laugh: :laugh:

Niro
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
lol... :laugh: :laugh:

?

cousins does have the talent to make this trade unfair in the future BUT there is also a good chance that he wont do anything and be a big bust (mainly due to his character).
i think ´he will be a gread player though.
biedrins is a walking double (10/10) no offense but good rebounder and solid defender.
udoh is kinda unknown for most nba fans. he is a great shot blocker and even has a little jumper..he is a complete wild card at this point but has the potencial to be a poor man ben wallace with a jumper

Sactown
11-15-2010, 10:49 AM
?

cousins does have the talent to make this trade unfair in the future BUT there is also a good chance that he wont do anything and be a big bust (mainly due to his character).
biedrins is a walking double (10/10) no offense but good rebounder and solid defender.
udoh is kinda unknown for most nba fans. he is a great shot blocker and even has a little jumper..he is a complete wild card at this point but has the potencial to be a poor man ben wallace with a jumper

I would rather take DMC's potential to be a top 3 center in the league over Biedrins and a wild card with potential of being a poor mans Big Ben with a jumper

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 11:13 AM
The Kings are not trading Cousins. Get it out of your heads

Sactown
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
The Kings are not trading Cousins. Get it out of your heads

Thanks! Some one has come back to earth :bow::cheer::cheer::pray:

DerekRE_3
11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
?

Cousins is 8 games into his career. And the Kings do not need that god awful contract. We already have Dalembert, Biedrins is redundant.

CityofTreez
11-15-2010, 01:03 PM
We're 3-6. Trade Him!

bayarealuv21
11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
We knew this is what we were getting. I don't think they're going to give up after 9 games haha