PDA

View Full Version : A new league

Sactown
11-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Recently hearing about Dwight Howard possibly wanting to leave Orlando had me thinking, What are the affects being put on smaller markets by these super stars joining forces? The conclusion I came up with is teams like SAC MIN GSW and others might not ever have a chance at a title.. what's stopping curry from leaving the warriors to join forces with another Super star in 5 years? or Tyreke from the Kings? Love from the Wolves? Does the league turn into 4-5 cities switching titles with no other competition? Do teams like the Kings, Warriors, and Wolves eventually give up and sell their teams, or even worse the franchise falls apart all together, what do you think?
(I want opinions on how it affects lower marketing cities.. this is not a thread about the heat, so please keep LBJ WADE AND BOSH out, or I will ask for it to be closed. Thank you!)

LakersIn5
11-14-2010, 06:36 AM
ronny turiaf

OA SLAY
11-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I will ask for it to be closed. Thank you!:rolleyes:

CavsYanksDuke
11-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Just because those three guys did what they did doesn't mean that it's going to become tradition now. The old line has always been "players go where the money is."

Teams in less sexy cities will have to overpay for their less talented players to stay. That's how it has been for the past couple of decades. Those super teams will pay max salaries and that will free up smaller teams to offer max deals to lesser players like Gay and Joe Johnson. Gay and Johnson stayed, and I think most of the league will too.

TheDagger
11-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Jeff Green for Arron Afllalo

Howard signs in OKC in summer of 2012

PG-Westbrook/Maynor
SG-Afflalo/Sefalosha
SF-Durant
PF-Ibaka/Collison
C-Howard/Aldrich

League cancelled for next decade

Sactown
11-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Jeff Green for Arron Afllalo

Howard signs in OKC in summer of 2012

PG-Westbrook/Maynor
SG-Afflalo/Sefalosha
SF-Durant
PF-Ibaka/Collison
C-Howard/Aldrich

League cancelled for next decade
exactly my point

TheDagger
11-14-2010, 10:01 AM
exactly my point

I don't think you get it..if Howard leaves Orlando, OKC is probably his most ideal fit and they would have the cap space. If that were to happen the league would literally be shut down for a decade. No team could come close to contending with that..that would be one of the greatest defenses in league history with the best scorer since Jordan on it and 2 great low post defenders/players in Ibaka and Howard.

The Apprentice
11-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Just because those three guys did what they did doesn't mean that it's going to become tradition now. The old line has always been "players go where the money is."

Teams in less sexy cities will have to overpay for their less talented players to stay. That's how it has been for the past couple of decades. Those super teams will pay max salaries and that will free up smaller teams to offer max deals to lesser players like Gay and Joe Johnson. Gay and Johnson stayed, and I think most of the league will too.

I agree

DenButsu
11-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Does the league turn into 4-5 cities switching titles with no other competition?

What would be new about that? It's pretty much always been that way.

JWO35
11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
What's going to be different?
In the past 25yrs only 7 teams won a NBA Title....the NBA has always been a 3 or 4 team race for the title.

Same stuff just different teams.