PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard WILL NOT just accept an extension this summer

MagicBucsSox
11-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Dwight Howard wants to stay in Orlando, but those closest to him say that signing a contract extension this summer with the Magic isn't a gimme.

Not "automatic" I'm told.

Magic CEO Bob Vander Weide told me he wouldn't be surprised if Howard waits to make a decision, largely because of the uncertainty of the labor situation possibly affecting salary structures.

But there's certainly more behind Howard's thinking:

He might well make his mind up whether to accept an extension based on how the Magic fare through the playoffs this season.

Howard will determine if he needs more help to win a title (he does), which will put the front office into the proverbial front-court press to obtain another star (very difficult).

Let's face it: This is the hammer Howard holds over the franchise and he should swing it.

This is how the superstars are doing it now, calling their buddies and joining forces. It's a league of copycats at levels great and small.

(I remember Carlos Boozer coming into the Magic dressing room last year to visit, wearing the newest, priciest headphones; weeks later several Magic players had them.)

Clearly, in ignoring Denver's offer of a three-year, $65-million extension, Carmelo Anthony has taken his cue from the LeBron James-Chris-Bosh- Dwyane Wade trio in Miami and Boozer teaming with Derrick Rose in Chicago.

Why wouldn't Howard?

He has another season left on his contract after this one before he can become a free agent. He has a player option at $19.2 million for 2012-13 if he desires.

Howard wants to remain with the Magic. But he wants to win a title even more.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-magic-schmitz-nba-column-1114-20101113,0,2707571.column

MagicBucsSox
11-13-2010, 10:47 PM
i tell u what, im so happy Dwight is doing this, the FO needs to get him a real pg and a superstar and if they dont its gonna be major consequences. Nelson ,Lewis and VC wil not cut it.

ill just say if Dwight leaves so am i im not living out those Shaq-less days again

THIS IS MAJOR!!!

MagicBucsSox
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
just for kicks, where would you guys see me and Dwight going?

i think the way he loves Durant he'd have OKC written all over him. they have a creative pg and a boatload of available cash

Otis Smith better step his game up

Robbw241
11-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Durant Westy and Dwight would be scary good.

John Walls Era
11-13-2010, 10:55 PM
LOL the new pricy headphones.... they weren't BEATS by Dre were they? Because every athlete owns a pair (I'm not an athlete, but even I have a pair).

JordansBulls
11-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Come to Chicago Dwight.

hugepatsfan
11-13-2010, 11:23 PM
just for kicks, where would you guys see me and Dwight going?

i think the way he loves Durant he'd have OKC written all over him. they have a creative pg and a boatload of available cash

Otis Smith better step his game up

If the cap structure remains the same, BOS might be able to offer him a max. The only players that are guaranteed beyond the next 2 years are Pierce and Rondo (combined 28 mil for the year Dwight is a FA). I doubt that cap room will last though. They are going to sign other guys. Still, Rondo throwing oops to Dwight would be insane.

MagicBucsSox
11-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Come to Chicago Dwight.

thats waht i think, OKC or CHI

IAmKira
11-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Lol @ jb

MagicBucsSox
11-13-2010, 11:29 PM
If the cap structure remains the same, BOS might be able to offer him a max. The only players that are guaranteed beyond the next 2 years are Pierce and Rondo (combined 28 mil for the year Dwight is a FA). I doubt that cap room will last though. They are going to sign other guys. Still, Rondo throwing oops to Dwight would be insane.

i dont see him ever in boston, la or def miami

Hunter48MVP
11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
The Lakers could sign him if Dwight exercise his player option for 2013. Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Blake are free agent in 2014. So that is a lot of cap room for the Lakers.

effen5
11-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Dwights going the Shaq route....Off to the Lakers for D12

what54!?
11-13-2010, 11:39 PM
I would go to OKC. they would have the formula for success

elite pg who plays D
elite wing player who can score from just about anywhere
elite big man down low who can score there and pass out of the double teams

That would be scary

tredigs
11-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Come to Chicago Dwight.

Sounds good; send us Noah.

assisi805
11-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Mayas well come to OKC And form a real dynasty.

dtmagnet
i tell u what, im so happy Dwight is doing this, the FO needs to get him a real pg and a superstar and if they dont its gonna be major consequences. Nelson ,Lewis and VC wil not cut it.

ill just say if Dwight leaves so am i im not living out those Shaq-less days again

THIS IS MAJOR!!!

You don't deserve to call yourself a fan.

Chicagofaithful

he and D rose are close. And you're more than welcome to have noah if dwight is ever available lol

effen5
11-13-2010, 11:59 PM
he and D rose are close. And you're more than welcome to have noah if dwight is ever available lol

I loveeeee NOAH LOVEEE NOAH

but like Noah says, D12 is ****in king kong!

MagicBucsSox
11-14-2010, 12:04 AM

wtf you talking? i been a magic fan since 92, im not supporting a team that wont build around their star. it was different for Shaq's departure. But not penny,tmac and now dwight

Big Quett
11-14-2010, 12:09 AM

THIS IS MAJOR!!!

Not a chance Orlando gets rid of that contract. 20 mil this year and 46 mil over the next 2 years? Only way he leaves the Magic is as a free agent

DrDEADalready
11-14-2010, 12:10 AM
He should come to the utah jazz. he would instantly win a championship with us. given his defense ability and our offensive system. their is not a doubt in my mind that he would be the perfect man for our system.

SouljahPhil...
11-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Would love to have him in LA but very hard to do so..

Boston...book it!

check the C's contracts on when dwights contract ends..perfect fit..

*Superman*
11-14-2010, 12:12 AM

This.

Real fake on your part MBS. :pity:

godolphins
11-14-2010, 12:27 AM
He'll go to the Heat for the MLE :D jk

MJ-BULLS
11-14-2010, 12:30 AM

i love noah, but thats a deal. :D

Mane
11-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Washington Wizards.

Sir Buckets
11-14-2010, 12:38 AM
i love noah, but thats a deal. :D**** that. I couldn't do it. Just couldn't. Noah is so...so...SO GODDAMN COOL!!! I LOVE HIM NO HOMO!

But seriously. While Dwight is, well, amazing, he's such a tool. I wouldn't trade Noah for Howard. :shrug: There's a point where you draw the line.

Nicolasvon
11-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Washington Wizards.

This is actually the realest possibility. They have a good cap situation with Gilbert in a couple of years, plus they might actually be a lottery team again this year and you never know what they will get in the draft.

sargon21
11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Wouldn't OKC have to extend Westbrook and then sign D12, isn't that not possible?

Nicolasvon
11-14-2010, 12:44 AM
As a Bulls fan I would love to see them get him, but their cap situation isn't ideal for a deal like D12 especially after resigning Rose next year.

MagicBucsSox
11-14-2010, 12:46 AM
are you high??????????/ so leave a contender for the damn Wizards bro?
he's not leaving cause money he's leaving to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sure Orlando will do whatever to resign him but after that what cap will they have? and who will he have to play with?

MagicBucsSox
11-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Wouldn't OKC have to extend Westbrook and then sign D12, isn't that not possible?

dude they'd let Westbrook go for Dwight for you crazy? you can always get another Westbrook. BUt i dont see how its impossible i mean who they hell are they paying lol

Raph12
11-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Chill guys he's not leaving, he's just using the leverage to try and push mgmt to pursue another star... Btw if he left, he, Durant and Westbrook would run the league in OKC.

D1JM
11-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Just send boozer that way instead. Have Noah move to PF. If you look at the way the bulls are contracted, alot of salary comes off 2012

Nicolasvon
11-14-2010, 01:50 AM
are you high??????????/ so leave a contender for the damn Wizards bro?
he's not leaving cause money he's leaving to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sure Orlando will do whatever to resign him but after that what cap will they have? and who will he have to play with?

Wall is going to be a great player in this league. Also with a good chance of adding another lottery pick or two the Wizards will be championship level in two years. Plus in three years they will be able to have some cap flexibility with Gilbert possibly being moved to for some additional piecies. They will also have Hinrich coming off the books with about 7 million to add yet another part to the puzzle. Young is also a potential starting 2 with the ability to truly stretch the floor. They're in a better position than you think to really be a contender in a couple of years.

Young24
11-14-2010, 01:54 AM
To the nuggets dwight and jameer for billups, martin and balkman =D

Nicolasvon
11-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Just send boozer that way instead. Have Noah move to PF. If you look at the way the bulls are contracted, alot of salary comes off 2012

Your right I stand corrected, they will have about 16 million coming off the books. But, some of that my get eaten up by a Rose extention, but the FO is creative how they structure contract so you never know.

Mplsman
11-14-2010, 02:57 AM
Dwight, we all want you on our teams.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-14-2010, 03:09 AM
LOL the new pricy headphones.... they weren't BEATS by Dre were they? Because every athlete owns a pair (I'm not an athlete, but even I have a pair).

You must be rich to buy $400 headphones before taxes.

Bulls_fan90
11-14-2010, 03:15 AM
I doubt he leaves the Magic. He seems like a loyal guy.

theSPECIALKID
11-14-2010, 03:31 AM
I doubt he leaves the Magic. He seems like a loyal guy.

After the summer we've been through; nothing will surprise me anymore.

But yeah I'd send Noah Orlando's way in a heartbeat for Howard. Rose and Howard could end up as one of the greatest duo's ever.

kikeyanez
11-14-2010, 03:38 AM
come to golden state howard,david lee,monta ellis & curry would be a title for shure

Draco
11-14-2010, 03:53 AM
After the summer we've been through; nothing will surprise me anymore.

But yeah I'd send Noah Orlando's way in a heartbeat for Howard. Rose and Howard could end up as one of the greatest duo's ever.

Noah for Howard and Deng for Melo ;)

BirdIsTheWord
11-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Rose-???-Anthony-Boozer-Howard :speechless:

drobe86
11-14-2010, 04:18 AM
I can see Dwight going home to play for the Hawks.... He's a mommas boy and that'd be a decent fit.

SMH!
11-14-2010, 04:18 AM

exactly what i was thinking, im 90 percent sure they were beats.

Red222
11-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Rose-???-Anthony-Boozer-Howard :speechless:

doesn't work cap-wise i have a sneaky suspicion Howard is a bulls target in the future

knickfan4life
11-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Mayas well come to OKC And form a real dynasty.

you guys are a legit young big man (DHoward) away from being a 10 championship team... no joke... i admire ur front office a LOT... i wish the knicks had the balls to rebuild like that, the right way.

SugeKnight
11-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Put Dwight on any team in the league and they are instant contenders.

Warriors would be sick
Curry | Lin
Ellis | Williams
D. Wright | Carney
Lee | Udoh | Amundson
Howard | Biedrins

gilly
11-14-2010, 02:11 PM
I hope the Sixers are in a position to make a move like that in 2012, I reckon he'd love to come to Philly.

torontosports10
11-14-2010, 02:19 PM
to TORONTO!!!

We draft Harrison Barnes this year, moved Bargs to PF

Sign Nash to a hometown Canadian contract

;)

Jay22Redd
11-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Come to Houston

Hangtime
11-14-2010, 02:30 PM
The Lakers will make it a priority to get this guy. This francise thrives on great centers. And he will be the foundation in the next great Laker squads.

_Supreme_
11-14-2010, 02:43 PM
This is very similar to Dwyane Wade's situation.

Howard wants to stay with his team, but he is simply not committing to anything prematurely and sending a message to Orlando management to improve the team.

He is almost certainly not going anywhere, but if by any tiny chance he is it will be either a team with:

A) enough cap space for his max contract + B) a roster that would be made into a title contender by adding Dwight.

Or a team that sends a truckload of talent back, talent that Orlando will actually want, AND is able to match the salary like NBA rules require.

Many of the teams of all you "come to my team Dwight, come to my team" beggars don't even have the realistic means to aquire him. Either you don't have the money or you don't have any pieces Orlando would want.

Imo the only realistic teams for him at this point are Orlando and Oklahoma City.

_Supreme_
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
The Lakers will make it a priority to get this guy. This francise thrives on great centers. And he will be the foundation in the next great Laker squads.

The Lakers have nobody outside of Kobe & Gasol to trade for him.

Orlando will not want Mr. Injury Bynum and his way too massive contract, or Artest + Odom.

Other than that they don't have anything of value.

TheDagger
11-14-2010, 03:05 PM

Nah Westbrook's under contract until 2013 and OKC will have around 25 million in cap space. Hell after extending Westbrook they will still have enough to offer Dwight a max contract...if he ends up in OKC the league is finished, period.

PG-Westbrook top 5 defender at his position
SG-Thabo aka best perimiter defender in the league
SF-Durant top 5 defender at his position
PF-Ibaka one of the best post defenders in the league
C-Dwight the best post defender in the league

Honestly thats the greatest defense to ever step on the court. Then you have Westbrook who is a top 5 PG running the show, the best scorer since Jordan on the wing, and a great low post presence in Dwight.

That team would legitimately win the title every year for 5-8 years barring injury

effen5
11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Nah Westbrook's under contract until 2013 and OKC will have around 25 million in cap space. Hell after extending Westbrook they will still have enough to offer Dwight a max contract...if he ends up in OKC the league is finished, period.

Honestly thats the greatest defense to ever step on the court. Then you have Westbrook who is a top 5 PG running the show, the best scorer since Jordan on the wing, and a great low post presence in Dwight.

That team would legitimately win the title every year for 5-8 years barring injury

Did you start watching basketball 10 years ago? "Greatest defense to step on the court" :laugh:

It would be a very good defensive team, but not the greatest. BTW, I would agree, they would be sick and would be a dynasty in the next 5-8 years.

hugepatsfan
11-14-2010, 03:12 PM

I see a lot of homrism in this post. I bolded the homer parts.

effen5
11-14-2010, 03:14 PM
You must be rich to buy $400 headphones before taxes.

There really nice headphones, I have the Bose QC15, love em and I tried on the beats yesterday and Im going to buy those tomrorow too.

effen5
11-14-2010, 03:15 PM

Not just homerism, a lot of hilarity as well :)

TheDagger
11-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Who's a better defender on the perimeter than Sefalosha? Artest? Maybe?

Westbrook is a fringe top 5 PG, the only guy solidified ahead of him are CP3, Deron, Rondo, and Nash. He's a better player than Rose at this point, well at least his production is I'm not sure how big of a part Durant plays in that.

Durant just became the first player in 20+ years to average 30+ ppg on 60%+. Only Jordan, Kareem, Dantley, and Malone have done it as well. Who is a better scorer than Durant?

Name a better defense? Seriously..they're above average at every position and elite at 3 positions.

What team causes a matchup problem for them?

Ovratd1up
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't mind sending Noah and Boozer for Dwight. Rose/Dwight with Deng and role players, with Gibson taking the PF spot would be a title contender for sure. Still not as good as Thunder with him, but I don't think the Magic just let him sign with someone else.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Okc is the best fit, They will shattered the Bulls record

Bravo95
11-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I can see Dwight going home to play for the Hawks.... He's a mommas boy and that'd be a decent fit.
Plus he was the best man at Josh Smith's wedding this summer.

:pray:

NYman15
11-14-2010, 03:32 PM
you could see him in ny ny has been planning for a big three with amare melo and paul but if they could get melo this summer you have him and amare with felton contract up along with a few others could you imagine melo amare and dwight

Sandman
11-14-2010, 03:39 PM
"Magic Insider" :ohno:

Vinsane#15
11-14-2010, 04:03 PM
If any team has a legit means to get him, it would be, and not out of biasness, the Nets.. We have Brook or Favors to trade for him... I would preferrably trade Brook who is a talented Center and hard to come by... It would give Orlando a stud back.. However, this of course would only happen if things go South for Orlando. It would be nice to have Dwight here.

Sandman
11-14-2010, 04:17 PM
If any team has a legit means to get him, it would be, and not out of biasness, the Nets.. We have Brook or Favors to trade for him... I would preferrably trade Brook who is a talented Center and hard to come by... It would give Orlando a stud back.. However, this of course would only happen if things go South for Orlando. It would be nice to have Dwight here.

I have to think they would dare him to walk before they even thought about dealing him.

Raph12
11-14-2010, 04:33 PM
For the record, Dwight, CP3, D-Will, Duncan, KG, Nash and Ray-Ray will all be FAs in 2012...

Just saying.

el_primo_nano
11-14-2010, 04:36 PM
I would feel for the Magic if he pulls a Shaq. I dont see him anywhere, although it would be intriguing to see him in the Lakers or next to Durant

king4day
11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
For the record, Dwight, CP3, D-Will and Duncan will all be FAs in 2012...

Just saying.

Duncan really doesn't count. He's never leaving the Spurs.

Kashmir13579
11-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Howard to Boston, book it.

Wade>You
11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
"I thought Dwight was more of a competitor" - Things bad GMs say (Otis Smith)

Raph12
11-14-2010, 05:10 PM
"I thought Dwight was more of a competitor" - Things bad GMs say (Otis Smith)

I see only 3 reasons why he would not sign an extension...

1. He's not resigning because of the fact that the new CBA agreement hasn't been agreed upon yet and he could lose a lot of money by signing prematurely.

or

2. He's using free agency as leverage to get the Magic Front Office to try their best to surround him with as much talent as possible.

or

3. He's leaving to play on a team with more talent than the Magic could offer (ie: OKC)

Both former scenarios are the most likely and I do believe when it is said and done, he'll be a Magic player in 2012. He may bring the likes of CP3/D-Will or KG/Duncan with him hopefully, but even if he doesn't, I don't see him leaving Orlando.

iliketurtles24
11-14-2010, 05:12 PM
t-wolves should sign him, put him at center, love at PF, beasley at SF, wes Johnson at SG, and flynn/ rubio at PG , they would out rebound every team

Sir Buckets
11-14-2010, 05:24 PM
There really nice headphones, I have the Bose QC15, love em and I tried on the beats yesterday and Im going to buy those tomrorow too.WAAAIIIT! STOP!

Audio-Technica M50 (http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/0edf909675b1be4d/index.html/)

You can find them for ~$100 online. I strongly suggest you at least try them out before you purchase the Beats. You can find them at like a local Guitar Center, or similar places.

Seriously. Do your wallet (and your ears!) a favor and give these a shot.

Team*Chicago
11-14-2010, 05:46 PM

:cool: Has a Bulls fan I would love to send you Noah and that is the only player that I would trade Noah for since he's the only center in the NBA that is clearly better than Noah and it's a nice even fair trade too unlike the Nuggets, Rockets and Raptors weak -ss trade for Noah.

zambo4president
11-14-2010, 06:23 PM
He should go to Utah, Portland, Washington, New Orleans or Minnesota.

Bruno
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Blame Boston and LA for all this madness. Nobody had the players to beat with either, and they knew it. The KG/Ray/Gasol trades have created a domino effect. It will leave the league top-heavy for years.

Niro
11-14-2010, 06:59 PM
he would be the defensive present the warriors lack since 627 years

samevans7
11-14-2010, 07:14 PM
if OKC pulls a NYK/MIA, and spend the next few years getting ready, they can have $22 million+ extra, with keeping Westy and Ibaka

with 22 mill, you can get Dwight and OJ Mayo.

Dwight Howard-Serge Ibaka-Kevin Durant-OJ Mayo-Russell Westbrook

That is better than BOS and MIA's "Big 3 and 4's" now

Kobe will be older. There is the chance that Deron, CP3, and Melo will be gone, so that only makes it easier for OKC to dominate

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Howard will be a Knick... Jus kiddin , jus kiddin.... We always get roasted for wanting every1's superstars so id figure I'd add to the fire..

masalex1205
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM
He should come to the utah jazz. he would instantly win a championship with us. given his defense ability and our offensive system. their is not a doubt in my mind that he would be the perfect man for our system.

Dwight Howard is perfect for any system

Blazers#1Fan
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM
come to portland

this would be the most defensive team in the league

Howard/Oden
Aldridge/Camby
Batum/Fernandez
Roy/Mathews
Johnson/

heathonater
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM
for the sake of competitive balance in the nba, i hope howard stays at orlando. if he leaves and helps form a superteam at ny, chicago, okc, etc, it would leave the league with several dominant teams with every other team having no realistic shot at winning an nba title.

Byronicle
11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
This.

Real fake on your part MBS. :pity:

how is this any different from all the Heat bandwagoners?

Byronicle
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
when one star leaves, it gives opportunities for others to rise in their place

if he went to OKC, then its definitely a done deal

effen5
11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
how is this any different from all the Heat bandwagoners?

Heat really don't have any "real" fans...I know one for sure real fan is Marlin and thats it.

As for D12....he ain't going anywhere.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
There really nice headphones, I have the Bose QC15, love em and I tried on the beats yesterday and Im going to buy those tomrorow too.

They are really nice but I don't need $400 headphones when I can get headphones that are pretty good for even $50.

It's the name more than anything you paying for.

IversonIsKrazy
11-15-2010, 02:58 AM
could u imagine if he went to miami, lollll. but i hope he stays in Orlando, it would be nice to see that the word Loyalty still exists in the NBA

Draco
11-15-2010, 03:08 AM
for the sake of competitive balance in the nba, i hope howard stays at orlando. if he leaves and helps form a superteam at ny, chicago, okc, etc, it would leave the league with several dominant teams with every other team having no realistic shot at winning an nba title.

lol

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2010, 03:08 AM
he'd make a great Raptor.

Draco
11-15-2010, 03:09 AM
could u imagine if he went to miami, lollll. but i hope he stays in Orlando, it would be nice to see that the word Loyalty still exists in the NBA

for the sake of competitive balance in the NBA, I hope he goes to Miami.

futureman
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Come to Chicago Dwight.

No cap room.

raiderNlakerfan
11-15-2010, 01:28 PM
lakers will find a way to get him. superstar centers always find there way to los angeles

iliketurtles24
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
still think he should go to minnesota, we have sucked as of late and need the defence that love and b-easy dont have

DaBUU
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
If he leaves, i could definitely see him in LA. The league would help to make it happen.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2010, 02:11 PM
still think he should go to minnesota, we have sucked as of late and need the defence that love and b-easy dont have

haha. that would be awesome

goose15
11-15-2010, 02:38 PM
OKC.. Durant, Westbrook & Howard would be nasty

numba1CHANGsta
11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Magic draft Shaq, a dominate center
Shaq takes Magic to the Finals and lose
Shaq becomes free agent and signs with the Lakers

Magic draft Dwight, a dominate center
Dwight takes Magic to the Finals and lose
Dwight becomes free agent and signs with the Lakers

Do you guys see a trend going on here? LOL :D

AIRMAR72
11-18-2010, 03:44 PM
dwight howard is overrated 0 go to moves in 6yrs hes more concern about being on tv

jkcronyn
11-18-2010, 03:48 PM
honestly, dwight and chris paul should play together

aussie
11-18-2010, 04:24 PM
he still has 3 years left on his contract now

numba1CHANGsta
11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
honestly, dwight and chris paul should play together

They will in L.A. ;)

Slimsim
11-18-2010, 04:47 PM
i Think howard goes to LA. Then they will find a Kobe replacement.

faze38
11-18-2010, 04:58 PM
i dont see him ever in boston, la or def miami

Miami doesn't have the money for him. Honestly I don't see him going anywere I actually see somebody coming to him. The Magic are willing to spend over the cap which has been proven already he just needs a great PG whch by the way 2 will be available in 2012. So they can get who ever my Knicks leave behind!

310Casper
11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
He's not going anywhere. Kobe did the same thing a few years back if you dont remember, its just using leverage to force mgmt to step up and get more help.

But d12 in OKC with Durant and Westbrook....wow.....that team would be pure sex. Easily an immediate contender right off the bat.

Bornknick73
11-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Hes gonna go to New Orleans with CP3.

SouljahPhil...
11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
he still has 3 years left on his contract now

yup..including this year and a player option on the 3rd yr...

SouljahPhil...
11-18-2010, 07:06 PM
If he does not execise his option on the 3rd year he will end up in boston with pierce and rondo..Plus a resigned KG in a cheaper salary..

CLASSOF72
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Dwights going the Shaq route....Off to the Lakers for D12

:clap:
Yea buddy!

CLASSOF72
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
He's not going anywhere. Kobe did the same thing a few years back if you dont remember, its just using leverage to force mgmt to step up and get more help.

But d12 in OKC with Durant and Westbrook....wow.....that team would be pure sex. Easily an immediate contender right off the bat.

Yea but, Kobe plays for the Buss and he has deap pockets.

masalex1205
11-18-2010, 07:21 PM

right b/c the Magic's owner is cheap:rolleyes:

CowboysKB24
11-18-2010, 07:23 PM
The last sentence says it all. Dwight wants to stay with the Magic, but wants to win a title more.

Loyalty to a player and a franchise has faded away in this league. Its understandable. People can't handle the pressure.

Wade>You
11-18-2010, 07:25 PM
The last sentence says it all. Dwight wants to stay with the Magic, but wants to win a title more.

Loyalty to a player and a franchise has faded away in this league. Its understandable. People can't handle the pressure.You just described Kobe Bryant before he was gift-wrapped Pau Gasol. As soon as he was exposed as a guy that doesn't help a team win, he threw everyone under the bus and demanded a trade. That was after he had gotten Shaq traded and Phil fired.

*Superman*
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM

You obviously haven't seen the Magic payroll.

DerekRE_3
11-18-2010, 07:36 PM

That 'Shard contract really hurts...I remember saying that free agency that the Magic would be better off spending half the money on Gerald Wallace instead of Lewis.

Last season:
Wallace: 18.2 PPG 10.1 RPG 48.4% FG 37% 3PT 77.6% FT
Lewis: 14.1 PPG 4.5 RPG 43.5% FG 39.7% 3PT 80.6% FT

This year:
Wallace: 18.5 PPG 8.3 RPG 47% FG 45.5% 3PT 78.7%FT
Lewis: 10.3 PPG 5.7 RPG 35.5% FG 30.6% 3PT 83% FT

Wallace makes $10.5 mil this year. Lewis makes $19,573,711. Plus, the combination defensively of Wallace and Dwight is downright scary.

rfewt6grey
11-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Welcome to our website : ( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

Exactly Price depend on the amount you order , more order more discount !

NFL($16), NBA($15.00), NHL($28.00), MLB($17.00)

1)Payment :Paypal, T/T , western union, moneygram

2)Express shipment : DHL, UPS, EMS, TNT

3)Delivery time:3-6days to received your order in hand

4)Customs : Promise the duty if detained we resend or refund

5)Policy: Anything has quality problem , we refund
All Jersey's Names, Numbers, Patches, & Logos 100% Sewn.
NOTHING SILKSCREENED!

( http://www.b2cjersey.us )

CLASSOF72
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Good luck, we'll see how it goes for ya.
I wonder if they make Superman capes in P&G.

*Superman*
11-18-2010, 08:10 PM
That 'Shard contract really hurts...I remember saying that free agency that the Magic would be better off spending half the money on Gerald Wallace instead of Lewis.

Last season:
Wallace: 18.2 PPG 10.1 RPG 48.4% FG 37% 3PT 77.6% FT
Lewis: 14.1 PPG 4.5 RPG 43.5% FG 39.7% 3PT 80.6% FT

This year:
Wallace: 18.5 PPG 8.3 RPG 47% FG 45.5% 3PT 78.7%FT
Lewis: 10.3 PPG 5.7 RPG 35.5% FG 30.6% 3PT 83% FT

Wallace makes $10.5 mil this year. Lewis makes $19,573,711. Plus, the combination defensively of Wallace and Dwight is downright scary.

Agreed. Wallace definitely deserves more money than Lewis. Heck, he could even take Vince's spot. Wallace is a monster at rebounding and provides that grit that the Magic lack.

Good luck, we'll see how it goes for ya.
I wonder if they make Superman capes in P&G.

I don't get it.

Klivlend
11-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Agreed. Wallace definitely deserves more money than Lewis. Heck, he could even take Vince's spot. Wallace is a monster at rebounding and provides that grit that the Magic lack.

I don't get it.

Purple and Gold? Laker Colors?

CLASSOF72
11-18-2010, 08:22 PM

I don't get it.

I just thought it would look nice. If Howie gets on the buss to LA he'd look real cool in a brand new purple and gold superman suit. Oh and if you havn't noticed your payroll out there in Orlando has risen sharpley in the past two seasons and if it doesn't pay off soon I would expect it to go back to the league average like it was in 08 and before.

jackdawson
11-18-2010, 08:30 PM
I know magic fans are gonna come out and say no way Dwight leaves. But it's sad because they develop the players and they head to somewhere else. I think Dwight has LA in mind. Sad but it's the most likely destination.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Boozer teaming with Rose? DWill is better then Rose.

Raph12
11-19-2010, 12:01 AM
I know magic fans are gonna come out and say no way Dwight leaves. But it's sad because they develop the players and they head to somewhere else. I think Dwight has LA in mind. Sad but it's the most likely destination.

Unless Magic MGMT really **** the team up, he's not leaving, book it.

Avenged
11-19-2010, 12:03 AM
I can't imagine Dwight not being a Magic.. But if he were to leave, I can definitely see him up in OKC tearing the league up with Durant.. Lets hope that doesn't happen.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
11-19-2010, 12:40 AM
^ im a Okc fan, and ill wouldn't mind them
tearing up the league.

:P

LeonFSU
11-19-2010, 04:51 AM
The Magic need to fire Otis Smith. Some of the contracts he gave out are reasonable. The contracts of Redick, Nelson, Gortat, Bass, and Pietrus are all understandable. Rashard Lewis, second highest paid player in the league, is obviously what is really holding this team back.

If Lewis's contract wasn't bad enough, this past summer, not only did Otis Smith choose Quentin Richardson over Matt Barnes and Chris Duhon over Keyon Dooling, but look at the contracts he gave them:

Duhon, 4 years $15 million
Richardson, 3 years $7.5 million

4 years of Duhon! Quentin Richardson, who is close to being completely washed up, for 3 years! Then you look at what Barnes accepted: 2 years, bi-annual exception, and Dooling 2 years, $ 4 million, and you realize there is no logic behind either of his decisions.

The Magic are going to have to at least trade Gortat and maybe Bass if they want to improve. Right now, everyone around Dwight is worse than last year.

JJ81
11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Come to L.A.... we'll give up Bynum, Vujacic, Walton and Ratliff!:p

Knicks Fire Dog
11-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Knicks Baby!!! All Day every day especially if we get Melo. Front court of Melo, Stat, and D-12, yeah baby!!!!!

Baller1
11-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Jesus, if he really went to OKC while we managed to keep Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka; My god, I don't see anyone even competing with that.

If only it became reality...

Raph12
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Jesus, if he really went to OKC while we managed to keep Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka; My god, I don't see anyone even competing with that.

If only it became reality...

If he did leave, that would be the team I'd like him to play for. I like Durant's play, his swag and his humbleness; while Westbrook is a defensive-minded point that can pass and score and Ibaka can check almost any PF in the league on defense. Talk about best defensive team in the league.

I hate to break it to you, but it's not happening.

rapjuicer06
11-19-2010, 02:09 PM
OKC is my second favorite team so i'd love dwight to go there if he goes anywhere. but i don't think he leaves Orlando. he is doing this to force managements hand to get him someone

joeboow90
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Y do all these people keep saying hes gonna go to the Lakers?? theres no way he goes 2 LA they dont have money for Gasol, Kobe AND Dwight.

My dude D12 need to come to the KNicks

Wade>You
11-19-2010, 02:12 PM
The Magic need to fire Otis Smith.He makes sure Dwight stays competitive for years by surrounding him with overpaid below average talent.

smuffins353
11-19-2010, 02:16 PM
come to Htown Dwight.....become the successor to the dream