PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: My side of the story.

thescore53
11-13-2010, 12:27 AM
he talks about the whole cable thing, being lost, and what transpired against him and toronto in the summer regarding his tweets and calling toronto ''different''

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=340869

watch the video on the side.

mjt20mik
11-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Good video. I feel for Bosh. As a avid Raptors fan he really didn't do anything bad to the Raptors. The media did blow a lot of stuff out of proportion.

godolphins
11-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Bosh!!!!!!!

Jonathan2323
11-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Wade and LeBron have to look to get Chris the ball more. I still wouldn't have signed any other PF this offseason, we just need a center that has size and can rebound.

mjt20mik
11-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Wade and LeBron have to look to get Chris the ball more. I still wouldn't have signed any other PF this offseason, we just need a center that has size and can rebound.

And a defensive minded PG.

masalex1205
11-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Bosh: I never said I was as good as Lebron or Wade

shep33
11-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Good interview.

KG2TB
11-13-2010, 01:19 AM
He just needs to shut up and play.

Sadds The Gr8
11-13-2010, 01:22 AM

this. he gets more interviews than rebounds.

Dol-Fan
11-13-2010, 01:24 AM
this. he gets more interviews than rebounds.

:laugh2:

but it's all about getting on TV, right?

Sadds The Gr8
11-13-2010, 01:32 AM

lol yea i guess it is what he wanted.

ink
11-13-2010, 01:32 AM

jab, jab, jab, throw your arms up in the air, scream like an under-nourished dinosaur, and hope to get to the free throw line. :laugh2: Sorry, Chris, no pity.

He just wanted to have fun with people's emotions. That entitles him to no sympathy.

guru
11-13-2010, 01:33 AM
It was a good interview. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think he referred to himself in the 3rd person that whole interview.

marlinsfan24
11-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Good interview...people need to hop off of Bosh a bit. They can stay on Lebron for all I care. Lol.

shep33
11-13-2010, 01:38 AM
He's more talking about how he left Toronto rather than his game in Miami... so I think it's unfair to say the interview was just useless, and he has to rebound. Yeah, he's not playing well in Miami yet, but that's not really what the interview was about.

ink
11-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Good interview...people need to hop off of Bosh a bit. They can stay on Lebron for all I care. Lol.

Sorry but Bosh checked out at the ASG. The day after the trade deadline he went down with an injury.

shep33
11-13-2010, 01:43 AM

Your a Miami fan right? I would really like your input on what you think of LBJ? How's he playing so far in your opinion? What do you think about his latest comments about playing 44 mins and so forth.. you can private message me if you don't want to start another hate thread about LBJ... I just want a Miami's fan perspective. And I've seen your posts, you seem pretty level. I'm not here to bash him or anything, but really just to get an idea of what Miami fan's truthfully think of him... real fans, not the bandwagon bunch.

kEviN21
11-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Bosh is a sf in a pf/c body lol Lebrons lapdog (SVG)

AIRMAR72
11-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Bosh just need to find his spot which is not that hard its da paint

Ragun
11-13-2010, 02:04 AM
i respect bosh...media blows everything out of proportion...sometimes you just word things wrong.

ink
11-13-2010, 02:12 AM
i respect bosh...media blows everything out of proportion...sometimes you just word things wrong.

Like this?

"So it's like, well, in my case, I'm going to have fun with it. I'm going to play with people's emotions.

Media blowing things out of proportions? Or a direct quote?

phoenix_bladen
11-13-2010, 03:02 AM
Like this?

Media blowing things out of proportions? Or a direct quote?

and also this!

On questionable Twitter comments made the day he joined the Heat:
“If you think about how many times somebody asks you, ‘How are you?’ that’s how many times I was asked, ‘Where you going? So it’s like, well, in my case, I’m going to have fun with it. I’m going to play with people’s emotions. I’m going to be high and low.”

More on that:
“I wouldn’t call it a game because it’s serious, but, I mean, it’s entertainment at the end of the day. It’s the truth. We’re entertaining and everything but at the same time I’m just getting my feelings out there. It’s entertaining to see people react to your real emotions because if it wasn’t fun I wouldn’t do it.”

On the camera crew that filmed Bosh leading up to his move:
“I knew this would be a big deal and I thought to myself, ‘Somebody needs to be videotaping this stuff. This experience was amazing and I knew I needed to live it to the fullest and do everything. So many people were saying, ‘Oh, he’s distracted,’ but I wasn’t. I’ll take all that [criticism] because this is important. I’ll be able to show my kids this one day and I’ll be able to look at it and be like, ‘I remember that.’ Maybe after we win a billion championships, I’ll be able to look back at that and say that’s when it all started. I think people will flock to it when it comes out.”

On loyalty:
“It’s like if you try to buy something from your friend for five bucks and then find another guy is selling the same thing for four, and your friend wants to know, ‘What about the loyalty?’ And you’re thinking, ‘I don’t want to spend five dollars.’ “

On leadership:
“If 20 and 10 each night, isn’t a leader, I don’t know what is.”

Read more: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/11/11/chris-bosh-accumulating-treasure-chest-of-dumb-quotes/#ixzz158xl3wAB

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/11/11/chris-bosh-accumulating-treasure-chest-of-dumb-quotes/

Fireworld
11-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Good interview. I just saw Bosh in a new light. A person. I think doing honest interviews like this will help the trios fan base. No more Nike commercials. It's only fuel on a fire.

Evolution23
11-13-2010, 06:50 AM
jab, jab, jab, throw your arms up in the air, scream like an under-nourished dinosaur, and hope to get to the free throw line. :laugh2: Sorry, Chris, no pity.

He just wanted to have fun with people's emotions. That entitles him to no sympathy.

Stop baiting and bashing Chris Bosh. Your a mod, u should know better than that. Im going to close this thread until further notice :eyebrow:

Mplsman
11-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Getting sick of bosh's story already.

Bulls_fan90
11-13-2010, 07:43 AM

And a defensive minded PG.

And a coach.

Sactown
11-13-2010, 07:51 AM

This brings out no debate.. it's just bashing.. please contribute to the conversation. Chris is being bashed left and right and it's 9 games into the season.. he wanted to play with his friends and win?? so what? and you can't bash him about the money because he took a cut to play with friends.. he didn't ever say he was as good as dwade and LBJ so there is no need to compare.. he lost in the offense because he hasn't been in an offense that sets him at 3rd wheel.. and because his lost it's taking a toll on all his statistics.. it's sad that all a mod does in this convo is bash the player..:facepalm:

Sactown
11-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Your a Miami fan right? I would really like your input on what you think of LBJ? How's he playing so far in your opinion? What do you think about his latest comments about playing 44 mins and so forth.. you can private message me if you don't want to start another hate thread about LBJ... I just want a Miami's fan perspective. And I've seen your posts, you seem pretty level. I'm not here to bash him or anything, but really just to get an idea of what Miami fan's truthfully think of him... real fans, not the bandwagon bunch.

I don't really think it's the minutes.. it's not getting a rest before the end of the game so he can perform at his best.. at the end of the games shots stopped falling for him and I'm sure that was frustrating

More-Than-Most
11-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I have always liked Bosh... I never had a problem with him or James leaving and going to the Heat because they were Free agents and it was their right... That being said the only thing that bothers me is the whispers and the notion that they basically gave up on their respected teams because they basically knew they were leaving anyway... And though it has not been confirmed you kind of wonder when it comes to their play at key times last year. All in all this was a good interview by bosh and like another poster stated they need to do more things like this down the road instead of going the commercial route... This is a much more image friendly way to get your point across to the nba fan base as a whole.

ldawg
11-13-2010, 08:58 AM
The problem is not Bosh Miami need a center and they are catering to Lebron. At times they look like the Cavs. they need to run because they lack size and hit up bosh early in the post sometimes. The ball is stuck in Lebron hands 80% of the time and in Wade hands the other 20% that is their offence. But like i pointed out Wade and Lebron on the same team hinder each other. Without the ball the other is useless that is why they have to run and share the ball rather than being stuck in Lebron hands. Every one including espn said Miami was the best defensive team. I have no idea what games were they watching. If they call gambling and double teaming point guards at half court defense oh well. One of their back court players needs to be demoted from CEO and hand over his duty to Bosh to balance out the team so they can have a presents inside the paint. If Lebron stat line is close to 22ppg 10rpg 10apg that means he has the ball to much, the team is to talented for that. If that is the case he should have stayed in cleveland.

Young and Stupid
11-13-2010, 09:11 AM
jab, jab, jab, throw your arms up in the air, scream like an under-nourished dinosaur, and hope to get to the free throw line.

:laugh:

Why is Ink not being given credit for one of the best lines so far this month?

Edit: I should add that I gained a lot of respect for Bosh after watching that video. He's very sincere and well-spoken and I can understand his perspective.

ldawg
11-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Don't hate Bosh at all. Wade and Bosh seem like the good guys the nba should promote. they carry themselves good off the court as well. They don't have that thug swag and better yet their skin in not overly inked out like a walking billboard. To bad they had to get mix up with the black hole. I think they could have built a championship team minus the ego that everyone would love. Wade, Bosh and solid role player would have been just as good.

Minimal
11-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Don't hate Bosh at all. Wade and Bosh seem like the good guys the nba should promote. they carry themselves good off the court as well. They don't have that thug swag and better yet their skin in not overly inked out like a walking billboard. To bad they had to get mix up with the black hole. I think they could have built a championship team minus the ego that everyone would love. Wade, Bosh and solid role player would have been just as good.
You are the same guy who said LeBron needs to be traded to other team.
Get out of here, hater!

Bosh will be fine, he is a great player, he just needs some time.
Miami need a big center who makes some space under the basket and helps Bosh with rebounding.
I can't wait to see Pittman play, atleast some minutes.

P.S. Bosh needs his old haircut, he looks beastly with dreads. With his new haircut he looks like a *****.

Give Bosh some time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ndot4cspTU)

ldawg
11-13-2010, 09:35 AM
You are same guy who said LeBron needs to be traded to other team.
Get out of here, hater! he should, If i am Pat i'll trade him for Brook Lopez and D Harris in a minute. Even Melo and Billups is a better fit with Wade. Last time i look none of the past championship teams had Lebron.

Sly Guy
11-13-2010, 09:35 AM
chris always gives good, honest interviews. But it doesn't mean you've gotta agree with hid decisions or the way he goes about handling himself.

the life
11-13-2010, 09:54 AM
indeed he talks way to much. if he wanted to talk for leaving he should become a politician.

the life
11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Good interview. I just saw Bosh in a new light. A person. I think doing honest interviews like this will help the trios fan base. No more Nike commercials. It's only fuel on a fire.

yes "a pour humble person" and his ego is soaked in blood because of his under-par play.
what happens to him these days is his own making. the same goes for lebron. at one point they believed are next to GOD but now they understand the truth; they were just stupidly arrogant and because of their unnecessarily arrogant behavior everybody hate them (including some of the disappointed heat fans). it is just cowardly to pretend you were misunderstood now that your own actions bring "heat" on yourself.

magichatnumber9
11-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Isn't it obvious now how important a guy like Rondo is. Someone who is somewhat offensively neutral that decides who gets the ball. A distributor and general.

JasonJohnHorn
11-13-2010, 10:52 AM
OMG!! The streaming video on that thing was SO slow!

Seriously though, I'm a Raps fan. Hate is a strong word, but lets just say I dont like Vince Carter. Bosh on the other hand, he played hard every game (I dont care what people say about him quitting), he got double-teamed every night, and he may have been a little soft on defence, but lets face it, Bosh was drafted, the team got good, and then a new GM came in and flushed everything down the toilet. Instead of playing along side guys like Granger and Bierdrins, or Roy, he's playing with Bargnani? Seriously?

Bosh gave the Raptors and honest effort and that's all that is fair to ask for. It not like he made empty promises to bring a title to a certain city and not give up until he did it (like some people- no james, i mean names, sorry, typo). He busted his @$$ off for half a decade and then wanted to try his luck somewhere else. And had the Raptors wanted to trade him and get something for him, his high level of play allowed him to garner some good trade proposals from other teams. So whats the problem? I mean besides Toronto's poor front office and coaching? Nothing. Bosh is totally cool in my book and I wish him the best. I hope to see him continue to improve as a player (I hope he turns into a better defender) and would be happy to see him do well.

Bosh, thanks for the great years in TO. It was a joy to have you wear the only Canadian uniform in the NBA.

Byronicle
11-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Bosh: I never said I was as good as Lebron or Wade

umm no one said you were as good as them either

but people said if you want a max contract, you gotta be as good as wade and lebron, you know a superhero and not a supersidekick

Byronicle
11-13-2010, 11:40 AM

Edit: I should add that I gained a lot of respect for Bosh after watching that video. He's very sincere and well-spoken and I can understand his perspective.

lmao

sincere and well spoken is something that anyone can script, i do it all the time whenever i find a girl who is "wifey" material, but am I really that? well in my case yes I am, but in most cases hell nah

this is all he had to do if he didnt want any hate, but instead he brought the uncertainty to himself when he tweeted, tweeted and tweeted some more

if he was just to do this interview rather than tweeting away, we wouldnt be talking about bosh right now, toronto fans are very forgiving if their players just be honest and do things right

Byronicle
11-13-2010, 11:48 AM
He's more talking about how he left Toronto rather than his game in Miami... so I think it's unfair to say the interview was just useless, and he has to rebound. Yeah, he's not playing well in Miami yet, but that's not really what the interview was about.

question is, why didn't this interview happen months ago?

seriously lebron and bosh have to really stop this bulldoodoo, they gotta stop making interviews and commercials that keep bringing up the past. if they want people to stop and move on, they gotta stop trying to force feeding their former fans with this type of stuff, because honestly it should've happened the week after they made their decisions, not months after. months after implies they had plenty of time to think of excuses.

and like i said, he brought this upon himself but the funny thing is, toronto didnt care that he left, we all knew, its just like i said time and time again. because no one cares, he keeps on tweeting and making remarks about toronto, fishing for some sort of emotional response from the fan base. because that is all he is doing, stirring up beef which is really unneccessary, just go on with your life, we already have.

its like that girlfriend that breaks up with you, and you are like FINALLrY IM FREE, and she says lets be friends, so your cool with it, she gives you a call and you're like hey whats up? whats new? and the first thing she says is "Hey I got a new boyfriend"...and you're thinking hahaha funny I only get jealous is if they are better looking, and what's also funny is that I am looking for a new girlfriend and the process is great

we are looking for that new girlfriend, but the cream of the crop, not just anyone that picked up the pieces after vince carter left, we are looking for a keeper, wifey material that we are willing to make a much longer commitment too.

ink
11-13-2010, 11:57 AM

The guy I was responding to actually made up most of that line. I just added the under-nourished part. :)

And Bosh does have a sincere side. I just don't think he used it or his head for most of the summer when he was doing ridiculous things that insulted a lot of loyal fans in Toronto. He handled his free agency about as badly as you could. I don't really buy what Bosh is trying to sell here.

ink
11-13-2010, 12:01 PM
yes "a pour humble person" and his ego is soaked in blood because of his under-par play.
what happens to him these days is his own making. the same goes for lebron. at one point they believed are next to GOD but now they understand the truth; they were just stupidly arrogant and because of their unnecessarily arrogant behavior everybody hate them (including some of the disappointed heat fans). it is just cowardly to pretend you were misunderstood now that your own actions bring "heat" on yourself.

I agree with that.

netsgiantsyanks
11-13-2010, 12:06 PM
he should, If i am Pat i'll trade him for Brook Lopez and D Harris in a minute. Even Melo and Billups is a better fit with Wade. Last time i look none of the past championship teams had Lebron.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

phoenix_bladen
11-13-2010, 12:09 PM
hush I agree with the above poster that no one cared when bosh left!

I am in toronto and when he left there were no riots or anyone burning his jersey like Cleveland. the point is he never made us winners we just wish we traded him for something while we had a chance .... kudos to Bryan colangelo u failed! and now Toronto is the worst time in the NBA

Sactown
11-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Bosh is a classy guy.. He didn't throw insults back at insults.. he just speaks rationally, great interview. Bosh gained respect in my book

ink
11-13-2010, 12:22 PM
I have always liked Bosh... I never had a problem with him or James leaving and going to the Heat because they were Free agents and it was their right... That being said the only thing that bothers me is the whispers and the notion that they basically gave up on their respected teams because they basically knew they were leaving anyway...

This. It was very clear that Bosh checked out after the ASG. We could see it as the season slipped away last year and he did a lot of damage to the franchise DURING the season. Couple that with 3-4 years of Bosh saying that he wanted to be the man and then seeing him go somewhere to be the 5th wheel instead of going somewhere like Chicago or Houston where he could have played in a situation that would be much better for him as a basketball player, and you have to really wonder. But it's the fact that this was all worked out in August 2008 that is so disturbing. This is much bigger than an issue with a player. This is tampering. It's a serious league issue.

This brings out no debate.. it's just bashing.. please contribute to the conversation. Chris is being bashed left and right and it's 9 games into the season.. he wanted to play with his friends and win?? so what? and you can't bash him about the money because he took a cut to play with friends.. he didn't ever say he was as good as dwade and LBJ so there is no need to compare.. he lost in the offense because he hasn't been in an offense that sets him at 3rd wheel.. and because his lost it's taking a toll on all his statistics.. it's sad that all a mod does in this convo is bash the player..:facepalm:

My apologies. It was a joke that the guy above me and I had shared elsewhere.

ink
11-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Bosh is a classy guy.. He didn't throw insults back at insults.. he just speaks rationally, great interview. Bosh gained respect in my book

He did that for years in Toronto and we believed him. Then he completely changed this summer. It was like another person altogether. So he can't have it both ways: play the callous guy who plays with fans' emotions (and says so openly!) and then try to go back to being Bosh, the sincere guy he played in Toronto before free agency. It just doesn't work any more. I think it was phoenix bladen that posted some of the trash he has said over the last few months. Complete change. I wouldn't put too much stock in a guy's ability to seem sincere, not when he's so well known for the work he has done in front of a camera. He is much less famous than Lebron but what he did this summer and the last part of last season was pretty bad. If he showed any remorse for THAT I'm sure people that know him would find that sincere. What he is showing here is not regret or sincerity about what he has done. He is showing that he doesn't like being disliked. He earned the right to become a free agent and do anything he wanted, no one is disputing that. It's that he broke his word and contradicted himself many times while he did it.

Sactown
11-13-2010, 12:47 PM
He did that for years in Toronto and we believed him. Then he completely changed this summer. It was like another person altogether. So he can't have it both ways: play the callous guy who plays with fans' emotions (and says so openly!) and then try to go back to being Bosh, the sincere guy he played in Toronto before free agency. It just doesn't work any more. I think it was phoenix bladen that posted some of the trash he has said over the last few months. Complete change. I wouldn't put too much stock in a guy's ability to seem sincere, not when he's so well known for the work he has done in front of a camera. He is much less famous than Lebron but what he did this summer and the last part of last season was pretty bad. If he showed any remorse for THAT I'm sure people that know him would find that sincere. What he is showing here is not regret or sincerity about what he has done. He is showing that he doesn't like being disliked. He earned the right to become a free agent and do anything he wanted, no one is disputing that. It's that he broke his word and contradicted himself many times while he did it.
like Walt Whitman said "Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself" and I can't imagine many people liking the fact that people dislike them. In his defense he did take the more humble way out than LBJ and also I think Toronto knew he was going to leave. lot of what he says is taken out of context. I really don't see him as much of an ***. Bosh likes to tell the current truth, or what the truth is to him, and that's why often times he contradicts himself because yesterdays truth isn't necessarily today's truth

ink
11-13-2010, 01:12 PM
like Walt Whitman said "Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself" and I can't imagine many people liking the fact that people dislike them. In his defense he did take the more humble way out than LBJ and also I think Toronto knew he was going to leave. lot of what he says is taken out of context. I really don't see him as much of an ***. Bosh likes to tell the current truth, or what the truth is to him, and that's why often times he contradicts himself because yesterdays truth isn't necessarily today's truth

Sorry I don't agree at all. Life and integrity aren't plasticine that can be twisted and molded any way a person wants. If he contradicts his sincerity routine with callous action, he needs to be man enough to admit it. Things were not taken out of context. Only in his mixed up mind did that happen. Sure he's better than LBJ but we're not talking about LBJ. We're talking about a guy that played the straight-up dude all the time he was in Toronto and then pulled a complete 180 and turned into an *** when he became a free agent. That's why many won't be fooled when he tries to go back to the sincerity routine again. The problem with some of these athletes is that they are quite narcissistic and don't really understand that their self-absorbed reasoning doesn't work for other people. These teams have invested a lot in these athletes -- a lot of time, money, special favours (Bosh didn't get onto the Olympic team on merit, he got on it because Bryan Colangelo's dad ran the team and Bryan could call in a favour) -- and to find out that this was all arranged a few years ago is tough to take when you are running a business with such high financial stakes. Bosh let it all get to his head when he should have realized that the "sincere" person he used to portray wouldn't do the things he was doing.

Dol-Fan
11-13-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm glad you like my one-on-one moves! :D

Hangtime
11-13-2010, 01:15 PM
When Bosh does gets the ball from what I see, he pump fakes a couple of times and then passes it back. When he has the opportunities to drive and take his defender to the rim he doesn't take advantage. He is getting the ball. Teams are merely making him nothing more than a jump shooter trying to keep him out of the paint. Why? Because who ever is guarding Anthony is waiting on Bosh in the lane.

Once again......until they get center who can be more offensive minded in giving them easy lay ups and a jump shot no team is leaving the lane open for these guys to drive. You also have a point guard who will not penetrate the lane therefore he is useless as well because he is nothing but a jump shooter. Until they fix these problems they can't spread the floor and loosen defenses. Defenses can live all day long with turning Miami into jump shooters.

Sactown
11-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Sorry I don't agree at all. Life and integrity aren't plasticine that can be twisted and molded any way a person wants. If he contradicts his sincerity routine with callous action, he needs to be man enough to admit it. Things were not taken out of context. Only in his mixed up mind did that happen. Sure he's better than LBJ but we're not talking about LBJ. We're talking about a guy that played the straight-up dude all the time he was in Toronto and then pulled a complete 180 and turned into an *** when he became a free agent. That's why many won't be fooled when he tries to go back to the sincerity routine again. The problem with some of these athletes is that they are quite narcissistic and don't really understand that their self-absorbed reasoning doesn't work for other people. These teams have invested a lot in these athletes -- a lot of time, money, special favours (Bosh didn't get onto the Olympic team on merit, he got on it because Bryan Colangelo's dad ran the team and Bryan could call in a favour) -- and to find out that this was all arranged a few years ago is tough to take when you are running a business with such high financial stakes. Bosh let it all get to his head when he should have realized that the "sincere" person he used to portray wouldn't do the things he was doing.

You act as if he didn't give anything back to the franchise.. which he really did, he brought people into the arena he brought well played basketball to Toronto.. he put in time and effort.. he made the franchise money.. he also waited out the season and didn't demand a trade. And yes he left them which isn't unreasonable since he did after all put in 7 years of time into the franchise and he was a free agent. He did let the big three get to his head during this summer, but honestly.. I would have done the same thing.. all the hype everyone wanting you on there team, that would blow up ones ego and if you could say you wouldn't become the least bit arrogant and have a huge ego you're lying to yourself because no all star doesn't have an ego...

Jamiecballer
11-13-2010, 01:29 PM

poor choice of words + hurt fans = instant controversy

ink
11-13-2010, 01:32 PM
You act as if he didn't give anything back to the franchise.. which he really did, he brought people into the arena he brought well played basketball to Toronto.. he put in time and effort.. he made the franchise money.. he also waited out the season and didn't demand a trade. And yes he left them which isn't unreasonable since he did after all put in 7 years of time into the franchise and he was a free agent.

But that isn't the point of the thread. We all know he fulfilled his contract and deserved to be a free agent. In fact a lot of us were lobbying hard for Colangelo NOT TO SIGN HIM because we absolutely did not want him to be the Raptors' franchise player. Are you aware of that? We could see that he was not the player to build around and that had held the franchise back for a few years. We were fine with him leaving.

Take a look at this article. It's by a writer from a good publication and he isn't just throwing dirt on Bosh. He actually likes the "sincere" Bosh we saw for 6 1/2 years. Here it is - Chris, this is why fans don't like you now (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/first-up/chris-this-is-why-fans-dont-like-you-now/article1796563/). Michael Grange, Globe and Mail.

effen5
11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
bosh wanted media exposure...looks like that backfired

ink
11-13-2010, 01:37 PM
bosh wanted media exposure...looks like that backfired

From the article I just mentioned above ...

His dreams of national exposure are turning into the nightmare of being exposed; his too-slow-rotations, excused in Toronto when he was putting up big numbers at the other end, make him suddenly part of the problem when 6-foot-1 Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics floats down the lane and dunks it on Bosh before he so much as slides over and puts up a hand.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/first-up/chris-this-is-why-fans-dont-like-you-now/article1796563/

spreadeagle
11-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Stop baiting and bashing Chris Bosh. Your a mod, u should know better than that. Im going to close this thread until further notice :eyebrow:

He's allowed..yet shuts down everyone else's stuff if he doesnt agree :eyebrow:

Raps08-09 Champ
11-13-2010, 01:47 PM

Really?

Bosh is a great player but he is knon for his offense and shooting. But he doesn't even get the ball that much to show off his offense so the only way he can make great contributions is if he defends and rebounds. Neithter of which he is really good at.

If you look at it, Boozer could have been as good of a choice since he's a pretty nice rebounder. He won't get the ball much anyways but at least he can do more than just score.

ink
11-13-2010, 01:47 PM
He's allowed..yet shuts down everyone else's stuff if he doesnt agree :eyebrow:

No I'm not allowed. I'm putting forward reasoned arguments in a thread about Bosh's sincerity. The thing sactown was referring to was a joke that Dol-fan and I had made. As if I needed to, I even apologized for the joke. It wasn't bashing it was just a funny description of Bosh's quirky playing style that Dol-fan imitates when he's playing ball with his buddies.

OT: And I've seen the "shuts down stuff he doesn't agree with" before. Not to go off topic but let's kill this myth. I am not a Lebron supporter or a Heat fan. I don't close those threads because I disagree with them. In fact, I think Lebron is such a jerk that the league would be better off without him. The threads get closed because we've heard it all before. After every loss we see about 20 anti-Heat threads. Who needs that? The same went for all the Kobe threads a few years ago. Enough gets to be enough and that's why the threads get closed. btw, there are lots of other mods who do the same thing because we want the forum to improve again.

Let's get back on topic.

tr3ymill3r
11-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Bosh will continue to be criticized whether he likes it or not. By joining up with LeBron and Wade he put himself in a situation he's not ready or mature for. He was a great player on a bad team, in a bad conference and couldn't get them over the hump for an 8th seed? Bosh has talent, however he will never live up to expectations that Wade and LeBron have put on him and the rest of the team. It ultimately falls in Bosh's lap first, but I also put some blame on LeBron and Wade because it feels as if they hand selected Bosh for their team. They should have just been patient and not wasted money on Bosh and gone after a better player. Amare would have suited their play style much better, and the lack of a PG is pretty obvious already, especially if LeBron refuses to be considered as a PG.

Sactown
11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
But that isn't the point of the thread. We all know he fulfilled his contract and deserved to be a free agent. In fact a lot of us were lobbying hard for Colangelo NOT TO SIGN HIM because we absolutely did not want him to be the Raptors' franchise player. Are you aware of that? We could see that he was not the player to build around and that had held the franchise back for a few years. We were fine with him leaving.

Take a look at this article. It's by a writer from a good publication and he isn't just throwing dirt on Bosh. He actually likes the "sincere" Bosh we saw for 6 1/2 years. Here it is - Chris, this is why fans don't like you now (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/first-up/chris-this-is-why-fans-dont-like-you-now/article1796563/). Michael Grange, Globe and Mail.

I liked the article and I agree with some of it.. Every player dreams of holding an MVP trophy so you really can't use that against him since after all he was just trying to interact with the fans. As far as them not winning a playoff series.. the upper east was stacked.. Cavs Magic Boston.. He did play as hard as he could up in Toronto and as a Kings fan I know how it is watching a player try to take you through the playoffs when they really aren't the Dwight Howard, Kobe, Lebron, of the league and Chris Bosh isn't.. Although he is definitely an All Star in my opinion and better than Joe Johnson, Amare, and many others who signed max contracts. The heat will find a way to make it work, even if they have to find a new couch who has an offensive play set.. I agree that Bosh's Ego grew this summer and I think it was because all the hype the free agent class got from the all star break and onward. CB4 was ultimately a good guy who let the fame get to him.. and honestly it could/would happen to any of us.

sep11ie
11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
He still feels the need to talk about leaving Toronto. Dude, your on the Heat now. Let it go! Every single day you open your Avatar looking mouth and poop comes out.

ink
11-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I liked the article and I agree with some of it.. Every player dreams of holding an MVP trophy so you really can't use that against him since after all he was just trying to interact with the fans. As far as them not winning a playoff series.. the upper east was stacked.. Cavs Magic Boston.. He did play as hard as he could up in Toronto and as a Kings fan I know how it is watching a player try to take you through the playoffs when they really aren't the Dwight Howard, Kobe, Lebron, of the league and Chris Bosh isn't.. Although he is definitely an All Star in my opinion and better than Joe Johnson, Amare, and many others who signed max contracts. The heat will find a way to make it work, even if they have to find a new couch who has an offensive play set.. I agree that Bosh's Ego grew this summer and I think it was because all the hype the free agent class got from the all star break and onward. CB4 was ultimately a good guy who let the fame get to him.. and honestly it could/would happen to any of us.

We'll have to agree to disagree because I don't agree with making excuses like that for anyone.

ink
11-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Bosh will continue to be criticized whether he likes it or not. By joining up with LeBron and Wade he put himself in a situation he's not ready or mature for. He was a great player on a bad team, in a bad conference and couldn't get them over the hump for an 8th seed? Bosh has talent, however he will never live up to expectations that Wade and LeBron have put on him and the rest of the team. It ultimately falls in Bosh's lap first, but I also put some blame on LeBron and Wade because it feels as if they hand selected Bosh for their team. They should have just been patient and not wasted money on Bosh and gone after a better player. Amare would have suited their play style much better, and the lack of a PG is pretty obvious already, especially if LeBron refuses to be considered as a PG.

I don't agree about Amare being the answer, but I agree with most of your post. Your point about Lebron and DWade bearing a lot of the responsibility for this is true. This is what you get when players make roster decisions.

Sactown
11-13-2010, 02:04 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree because I don't agree with making excuses like that for anyone.

Compromise with an attack haha, but I'll agree to disagree

ink
11-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Compromise with an attack haha, but I'll agree to disagree

Agree to disagree isn't a compromise. It's two people who decide not to continue because they can see that they're too far apart. The reason I don't agree is that you seem to be making excuses for millionaires who should actually be held more accountable, not less accountable.

spreadeagle
11-13-2010, 02:12 PM

Answer to all the Heats problems...the damn locker room couch! I knew it :p

Sactown
11-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Agree to disagree isn't a compromise. It's two people who decide not to continue because they can see that they're too far apart. The reason I don't agree is that you seem to be making excuses for millionaires who should actually be held more accountable, not less accountable.

My argument isn't that, but that what he did in one summer should determine who he really is, and isn't worthy of all the bashing he is getting.. If the lights were on you all the time and everything you did wrong was recorded and shared to everyone how do you think you would look?? because looking back at every selfish/stupid act I have done and imagining if that was all recorded and shared.. I would be looking pretty bad.

ink
11-13-2010, 02:21 PM
My argument isn't that, but that what he did in one summer should determine who he really is, and isn't worthy of all the bashing he is getting.. If the lights were on you all the time and everything you did wrong was recorded and shared to everyone how do you think you would look?? because looking back at every selfish/stupid act I have done and imagining if that was all recorded and shared.. I would be looking pretty bad.

My point is that who he was this summer is who he's been all along. I called it when he first started talking about wanting to be an MVP right after he came back from the Olympics. What I said at the time was that the Redeem Team won because they realized that US basketball had to improve as a team in order to win internationally again. They worked at that aspect of the game and put the program back on track with the Gold. So, what does Bosh take from that experience?? He came home with a me attitude, determined to win an individual award, and a pact with his buddies to play together when they became free agents. I don't know how he missed the lesson that the Redeem Team gave but he did. He became a different player in August 2008. Back to the thread topic, he has always said all the right things, but now everyone is aware that his sincerity is a bit questionable.

The big irony of the "me" first attitude is that he really isn't that good and he did not pick a very good situation for himself as a free agent. A better basketball decision for him would have been signing with Houston (beside Yao) or Chicago (beside Noah). His weaknesses wouldn't have been so exposed there. They would have been protected.

The Final Boss
11-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Who's Chris Bosh?

John Walls Era
11-13-2010, 02:24 PM
:laugh: saw this today

You know how Chris Bosh is saying a lot of stuff now that’s causing a kafuffle or two in the media?

Kind of funny, isn’t it, that we of the Professional Basketball Writers Association are going to formally present him with our Magic Johnson Award in a little pre-game ceremony tonight.

The award goes to the player who best combines on-court performance with steady co-operation with the media.

Bosh won for 2009-10 and tonight will be the first time we’ve had a chance to see him and make the formal presentation.

LINK (http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/)

Sactown
11-13-2010, 02:25 PM
My point is that who he was this summer is who he's been all along. I called it when he first started talking about wanting to be an MVP right after he came back from the Olympics. What I said at the time was that the Redeem Team won because they realized that US basketball had to improve as a team in order to win internationally again. They worked at that aspect of the game and put the program back on track with the Gold. So, what does Bosh take from that experience?? He came home with a me attitude, determined to win an individual award, and a pact with his buddies to play together when they became free agents. I don't know how he missed the lesson that the Redeem Team gave but he did. He became a different player in August 2008. Back to the thread topic, he has always said all the right things, but now everyone is aware that his sincerity is a bit questionable.

The big irony of the "me" first attitude is that he really isn't that good and he did not pick a very good situation for himself as a free agent. A better basketball decision for him would have been signing with Houston (beside Yao) or Chicago (beside Noah). His weaknesses wouldn't have been so exposed there. They would have been protected.

is questionable worth 3 1/2 months of bashing is my main point? and yeah I agree that Miami wasn't the best place for him to thrive. idk about win tho.. we'll see by the end of the season.

ink
11-13-2010, 02:31 PM
is questionable worth 3 1/2 months of bashing is my main point? and yeah I agree that Miami wasn't the best place for him to thrive. idk about win tho.. we'll see by the end of the season.

"Questionable" was an under-statement. I don't agree with bashing him but discussing what went wrong is fair game. [btw I hate all the insults that get hurled at him, this isn't about that]. I think Bosh is in a whole lot of trouble right now. That's why he gave a vulnerable interview. He wants what they call his "narcissistic supply" back -- his old fans. I'm not sure he'll get them. He'll have some good games, in fact tonight will be one of them because he's playing his former team, but by and large this isn't working out the way he planned. Careful what you wish for Chris is what I say. Like Michael Grange said, he wanted exposure, not to be exposed.

Sactown
11-13-2010, 03:49 PM
"Questionable" was an under-statement. I don't agree with bashing him but discussing what went wrong is fair game. [btw I hate all the insults that get hurled at him, this isn't about that]. I think Bosh is in a whole lot of trouble right now. That's why he gave a vulnerable interview. He wants what they call his "narcissistic supply" back -- his old fans. I'm not sure he'll get them. He'll have some good games, in fact tonight will be one of them because he's playing his former team, but by and large this isn't working out the way he planned. Careful what you wish for Chris is what I say. Like Michael Grange said, he wanted exposure, not to be exposed.

I'm glad we can both agree the bashful comments are ridiculous and unwanted, I do agree his ego has grown in the past 7 years (especially the past 2) and I agree there is no excuse for some of the things he has done.. I don't deem him a narcissist tho. I agree he did want the exposure that Lebron and Kobe and Durant are getting and it's just turning into him being exposed. Although I think SPO will make him a better defender. As for his offensive woes, I believe those will work themselves out.. I don't think he'll be a 20-24/12 guy but 18/10 isn't out of reach and very do-able..

Sadds The Gr8
11-13-2010, 04:35 PM
He still feels the need to talk about leaving Toronto. Dude, your on the Heat now. Let it go! Every single day you open your Avatar looking mouth and poop comes out.

Hunter48MVP
11-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Chris Bosh needs his Cable TV!

Rafer17
11-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Ive always liked Bosh, he seems like a good guy

ldawg
11-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Oh ooooh, Spo bench Bosh to close out the game. Bosh looked real upset.

ldawg
11-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Bosh should have gone to La they wanted him. The triangle would have been a perfect fit for him. Miami could trade him to La but i don't think they a stupid to give Miami Bynum.

ldawg
11-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh ooooh, Spo bench Bosh to close out the game. Bosh looked real upset. He tried not to show it so he kept wiping his mouth with watery eyes. I felt bad for him. I like bosh but he seem to always have trouble meshing with other stars. And Miami is not shy about giving stars the boot. Haslem knows the system and he is shooting great plus he is more of a role player. He is not afraid to get his hands dirty. He dives on the ground for loose balls etc. Bosh is still this is my team mode and i don't have to do does things, watch my knee guys watch my knee. Lebron and Bosh is good but you can see Wade and Haslem knows what it takes. Lebron and Bosh have no clue they still thinks it all video games. Everytime Lebron opens his mouth you hear nonsenses, its best he just shut up and follow Wades lead. Bosh should have gone to La they wanted him. The triangle would have been a perfect fit for him. Miami could trade him to La but i don't think they a stupid to give Miami Bynum.

h2r09
11-14-2010, 11:46 AM
he had 5 fouls and the game was over by the time he could have gone back in.

h2r09
11-14-2010, 11:49 AM
the hate for bosh is getting ridiculous. come the end of the year when the heat find a starting center who can actually do something next to him he will be fine.

i didnt realize how good of a guy and how nice of a guy he is though. really quality person.

the only thing holding miami back right now is mike miller gone and wade and lebron continuing to learn how to play with each other. nothing is wrong.

HoopsMachine
11-14-2010, 12:19 PM

I think Dirk would have been a better fit than Bosh, he has an excellent mid-post game and has the range to space the floor for either Wade or James, but something just doesn't look right with Dirk in a Miami uniform.

Niro
11-14-2010, 12:34 PM
miami should trade bosh for a defensive center/pf

h2r09
11-14-2010, 12:37 PM
miami should trade bosh for a defensive center/pf

no they shouldnt at all. i find it hilarious the trade bosh posts. he is fine, he is a great player. he just needs a centernext to him so he isnt forced to guard much bigger guys.

ink
11-14-2010, 12:43 PM
no they shouldnt at all. i find it hilarious the trade bosh posts. he is fine, he is a great player. he just needs a centernext to him so he isnt forced to guard much bigger guys.

A centre like Yao or Noah for example. ;) Couldn't resist. But that's what I've been saying since the summer. He needed to go somewhere where they had a C to protect him and let him play his finesse game. He also needs to be somewhere where he will get more touches. DWade and Lebron ARE the offence in Miami and rightly so.

Kashmir13579
11-14-2010, 04:08 PM
everyone on here is obsessed with bosh