PDA

View Full Version : If you were Riley, what would you do?

marlinsfan24
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
There has been a lot of bashing of the HEAT roster and how it was put together. A lot of people have also been saying that the HEAT need to make some roster moves to make a stronger and into a true finals contender. Would you trade Bosh, sign Dampier, etc. Let's see if you guys can truly build a great dynasty with the HEAT roster.

(Note:this is for fun, please don't bait in here)

wadecounty305
11-12-2010, 08:14 PM
fire spo
get back to coaching
trade arroyo and joel anthony for a pg
sign dampier

Klivlend
11-12-2010, 08:17 PM
fire spo
get back to coaching
trade arroyo and joel anthony for a pg
sign dampier

That is pretty perfect response right there!

HoopsDrive
11-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Why would you need a PG when you already have two playmakers in LBJ and Wade.

wadecounty305
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Why would you need a PG when you already have two playmakers in LBJ and Wade.

we need a pg that defends and can shoot the 3.. not to be a playmaker

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I'd say chill out and let Spo do his thing. Forget all the media idiot prognosticators, real basketball fans knew it wasn't going to be easy. Every game they play is like a damn championship game to most teams they are facing so its going to be an uphill climb.

I say give him some time, Mike Miller hasn't even played yet. If they're still struggling by all star break then its time for Pat to step in but not yet....

marlinsfan24
11-12-2010, 08:22 PM

Pat Beverly? :cry:

wadecounty305
11-12-2010, 08:26 PM
:confused:

marlinsfan24
11-12-2010, 08:28 PM
:confused:

He was the closest thing to what we needed. Though his shot wasn't too good. He played good D though.

HoopsDrive
11-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Not sure PG is the best definition to describe that kind of a player but I do get your point. I'd imagine Raja Bell would do pretty well in that role.

MJ-BULLS
11-12-2010, 08:30 PM

i thought pat couldn't shoot the 3 point ball?

assisi805
11-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Bosh for Frye+Nash? Who knows if the suns do end up looking to shop nash and bosh hasn't picked his game up this would give miami the point guard they need to run plays for Wade and Lebron albeit his defence is terrible he more then makes up for it with his % shooting from everywhere on the floor and basketball IQ of course frye doesnt solve the big man problems adding another weak post player to this team but he spaces the floor well for lebron and wade and if dampier is signed then you have your big work horse this would be a solid trade.

Silent
11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
If i was Riley i retire i did my job now its the big 2 turn to do theres

BALLER71
11-12-2010, 08:39 PM
PG-Lebron
SG-Wade
SF-Wait for Mike Miller to come
PF-Bosh
C-Joel Anthony

thescore53
11-12-2010, 08:40 PM
arroyo shouldnt be starting on championship caliber team. he's totally lost his legs. he's not even a third string pg.

abe_froman
11-12-2010, 08:46 PM

not good enough,need higher quality...but in the same vein,someone in the mold of a kirk hinrich would be perfect.trade bosh,he's unnecessary and is a liability with his playing style.trade him for a beefier,more physical,defensive minded,rebounding bigman

i know it goes its not something fans like to admit but complimentary pieces,garbage men,guys who make a living doing the dirty work are important..and are the unheralded backbones of teams

OA SLAY
11-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Admit I messed up, get back to coaching, go down with the sinking ship (for once) and show everyone how the GREAT players gave me all my credibility!

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Make a parody of Lebron's Rise commercial... "what should I do?"

OA SLAY
11-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Make a parody of Lebron's Rise commercial... "what should I do?"

:clap::D:clap:

Ty Fast
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
fire the coach and get pat riley to coach
get lebron or wade to play pg
move bosh to sf

OA SLAY
11-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Ha Bosh would get pushed around by 85% of the leagues PGs

David_Stern
11-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Tank the season and get the #1 pick.

mark1125
11-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Heat forum?

h2r09
11-12-2010, 10:50 PM
i really like spo but offensively he isnt great and i would be open to riley coming back but he wont. he has no desire to get back into the grind of coaching.

We do need to get arroyo out of the rotation and find a way to get 1-2 more centers.

shep33
11-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Sign Charles Oakley

Dashev
11-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Get a coach whose skills,experience and basketball i.q. were at least equal to that of his players/

shep33
11-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm not even a Miami fan... but Heat fans... you guys are fretting way way too early in the year... 9 games and you want to fire you coach, get a new pg, get a big, haha even heard some trade Bosh noise. C'mon guys, 9 games in and you have a completely different team, which needs time to develop chemistry. Wait until say 30-40 games in to make an assessment. What difference does it make if they start out slowly, but go on a 15 game win streak to close out the year? I know you guys want to win, and win right now... but it may take some time and continual and rapid change is the last thing that would increase team chemistry right now. Calm down...

wadecounty305
11-12-2010, 11:07 PM
how great would it be if alonzo mourning and tim hardaway were young.. lol the 2 position we need upgrades

PHX2daDEATH
11-12-2010, 11:17 PM
trade bosh for tim duncan so the spurs won't make the playoffs

Gibby23
11-12-2010, 11:25 PM
If this were the offseason when the Hornets wanted to shed salary I would say trade cap space for Okafor and Collison instead of getting Bosh.

Collison
Wade
Lebron
Haslem
Okafor

Now, trade Bosh for Kaman and Foye or for Kirk Hinrich, Nick Young, and Hilton Armstrong.

hotpotato1092
11-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Ironically they could have had the perfect PG for this team, but they were too busy clearing pay roll. If they would have taken Kirk Hinrich for free from the Bulls, still signed Wade, LeBron, Haslem and Miller, and used the remaining cap room to bring in a center (idk if either would take a discount, but either Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood would have been nice fits, if not bring back JO and platoon him with another cheaper C). If they could throw out Hinrich/Wade/LeBron/Haslem/Chandler with Miller, House, Jones and Z off the bench I think they'd be in better shape.

shep33
11-12-2010, 11:31 PM
They can't trade Bosh... It'd make the Heat organization look like idiots... especially after so few games. They can't trade him anyways... teams will give them the worst value back, cause they don't want to help Miami, and they know that it'd be a desperation move to trade Bosh. Maybe make a more minor trade... I like Haslem a lot... been great this year IMO... however, IF they have to sacrifice somebody to bring in a bigger body for this year maybe it's Haslem... cause nobody wants any of their other pieces (outside the big 3). Maybe they can swing a deal for a bigger body, like Pryzbilla, Haywood/Chandler, Chuck Hayes or Camby or something who knows. I dunno, they've got 2 valuable pieces in Haslem and Miller... unlikely that they'll trade Miller, and they'd look bad if they traded Haslem though too... guy took a paycut to play with them.

Honestly, no trades needed... they just need time together. Don't see them making any trades... they're always gonna beat the inferior teams out east, and the bad one's out west... and when all is said and done they should have 60 wins IMO. People forget how bad the east is again this year... possibly even worse than last year.

RocketPower2010
11-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I would not panic after 9 games.

Gibby23
11-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Ironically they could have had the perfect PG for this team, but they were too busy clearing pay roll. If they would have taken Kirk Hinrich for free from the Bulls, still signed Wade, LeBron, Haslem and Miller, and used the remaining cap room to bring in a center (idk if either would take a discount, but either Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood would have been nice fits, if not bring back JO and platoon him with another cheaper C). If they could throw out Hinrich/Wade/LeBron/Haslem/Chandler with Miller, House, Jones and Z off the bench I think they'd be in better shape.

Yup,should have trade for Hinrich and kept Beasley.

Laker Legend42
11-13-2010, 12:22 AM
The issue for Miami is they have adopted the same style of play that Cleveland had last year. Every time I see this team I wait to see one offensive set and i never happens. If they don't score in transition it is very hard for them to score in the halfcourt. I'm starting to think that Lebron is uncoachable. I wonder if he could actually learn an offensive system. Don't get me wrong I like to see him play but during his time in the leauge his game hasn't changed at all. When he gets older and can't rely on his speed and jumping ability his decline will be swift. If the Heat had two or three plays they could go to in the halfcourt it would make a huge diffrence. I also think the lack of a post game from Lebron hurts them as well. Until he developes one teams will continue to put smaller players on him.

JB0B0
11-13-2010, 12:27 AM
-Fire Spoelstra
-Fire Pat Riley for assembling the team
-Trade Bosh
-Pray that the new CBA doesn't get rid of the MLE, otherwise you can stick a fork in this team

ink
11-13-2010, 12:38 AM
-Fire Spoelstra
-Fire Pat Riley for assembling the team
-Trade Bosh
-Pray that the new CBA doesn't get rid of the MLE, otherwise you can stick a fork in this team

This one I agree with if we're doing desperate things this early in the season. It's hardly fair for Riley to blame anyone but himself. He's the one who signed Bosh.

lavilevi23
11-13-2010, 12:42 AM
just wait. Have patience. This team is almost a lock to make the finals next season if not this one.

Hoopsadvocate
11-13-2010, 12:42 AM
blame a guy for putting 3 superstars together?? okay that sounds reasonable. :facepalm:

Thats why GMs and great coaches like phil and popavich praised his ability to do it. right. The assembly isnt at fault its the execution something of which as an executive u have no control over thats the coaches and the players job.

godolphins
11-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Why Dampier? There's a reason why teams are staying away from him.

LTBaByyy
11-13-2010, 12:47 AM
blame a guy for putting 3 superstars together?? okay that sounds reasonable. :facepalm:

Thats why GMs and great coaches like phil and popavich praised his ability to do it. right. The assembly isnt at fault its the execution something of which as an executive u have no control over thats the coaches and the players job.

Bosh is a superstar?

First :speechless:

Second :facepalm:

Third :eyebrow:

Tony_Starks
11-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Damn I hope some of you guys aren't financial advisers. You'd probably be telling you clients "sell all you're stock in Miami, pronto!!!!"

ink
11-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Why Dampier? There's a reason why teams are staying away from him.

Yes.

No, it's bad work by the GM. Sure, he pulled in the "prized" free agents but come on, they don't fit together. Bosh is never going to be the physical big man the team needs no matter what. And I think everyone respects Wade more than Lebron as a leader of a team. The team wasn't well put together.

JB0B0
11-13-2010, 12:53 AM
A good GM wouldn't pair a jump shooting, no defense playing power forward with a 6'8'' center and a team already lacking an interior presence (on offense and defense). David Lee, Carlos Boozer, and Amare were all better fits for Miami. They score in the paint and aren't nearly as soft. So yes, I believe Riley did a poor job of assembling the team. Bosh is a horrible fit with Wade and LeBron and there is no way this team wins a title without interior D.

Jonathan2323
11-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Yes.

No, it's bad work by the GM. Sure, he pulled in the "prized" free agents but come on, they don't fit together. Bosh is never going to be the physical big man the team needs no matter what. And I think everyone respects Wade more than Lebron as a leader of a team. The team wasn't well put together.

To early to say this. We have lost 4 games by a combined 19 points to the Jazz, Hornets and Celtics all those teams are playing great.

JB0B0
11-13-2010, 12:56 AM

David Lee was the perfect player for them, not to mention way cheaper. They could have used the remaining cap room to sign a serviceable center or point guard, rather than giving it all to Bosh....a player who had inflated stats because his team was trash.

Jonathan2323
11-13-2010, 12:56 AM
A good GM wouldn't pair a jump shooting, no defense playing power forward with a 6'8'' center and a team already lacking an interior presence (on offense and defense). David Lee, Carlos Boozer, and Amare were all better fits for Miami. They score in the paint and aren't nearly as soft. So yes, I believe Riley did a poor job of assembling the team. Bosh is a horrible fit with Wade and LeBron and there is no way this team wins a title without interior D.

lol because those players are great defensively. Rather have Bosh then those named above.

mjt20mik
11-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Yes.

More than that, I think these guys just need a little more time straightening out their roles. In the games that Miami has won, Wade has been their scoring threat, Lebron has been the passer, and Bosh has rebounded well. Wade was clearly ineffective against Boston in both his games, and that really cause Lebron to do a lot of the stuff himself. I mean he is more than capable, but it's not really ideal against teams like Boston.

JB0B0
11-13-2010, 12:58 AM
lol because those players are great defensively. Rather have Bosh then those named above.

Never said they're great defensively but they're better fits for Miami.

Bluerapoileagle
11-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Maybe he should just disappear.....

Jonathan2323
11-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Never said they're great defensively but they're better fits for Miami.
Oh and Bosh has a higher PER than those guys and plays better defense.

Hoopsadvocate
11-13-2010, 01:12 AM

I disliked resigning anthony for that much as i see him nothing more than a backup at best but we used bird rights so it didnt affect who else we signed this offseason so its not like we had better options at center with money we could have used to pair with bosh or any other pf u listed.

2nd. David lee would get more boards but cost us more points in the paint and wouldnt score much. Amare just might get us more points and also cost us points in the paint. But we dont need more points. We need defense and bosh proved to be the best defender out of all those listed arguably with carlos boozer but then he would have been more "undersized" and injury prone so u have isues either way. Bosh was the starterr on the olympic team bosh was the more all around player. We dont need points in the paint we need to stop points in the paint. Having another player that scores inside would be redundant and dumb as teams would just need to clog the paint and thats it we wouldnt score anywhere else with our 3 bosh at least gives us a shot at more midrange and stretches the floor. Hes not playing up to his potential sure but its better than the alternatives would do.

And btw boshs signing was the dominoe needed to get lebron without him there probably be no lebron i doubt lebron signs if it was just d wade and instead of bosh riley signs lets say Haywood and hakim warrick.

kEviN21
11-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Ridnour for a 2015 1st rounder lol?

kEviN21
11-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Btw Bosh IS garbage and is playing worst than Beasley. Bosh also is the 3rd sg behind House and Jones.

Miami Heat.....two and a half men show :P

Jonathan2323
11-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Btw Bosh IS garbage and is playing worst than Beasley. Bosh also is the 3rd sg behind House and Jones.

Miami Heat.....two and a half men show :P

lol if Bosh had 60 shots the last to games he would be averaging 40pts.

Fireworld
11-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Do any of the 3 players have a no trade clause in the contract?