PDA

View Full Version : Writer speculates about trading Bosh

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 05:57 PM
msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Chris-Bosh-may-not-fit-with-LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Miami-Heat-Big-Three-Dennis-Rodman-110810

Jason Whitlock story: fox news
Quote:
By the end of this week, Chris Bosh’s seat might be hotter than Erik Spoelstra’s.

Whenever the Miami Heat lose a game, Twitter erupts with Pat Riley-to-replace-Spoelstra jokes.

Maybe it's true. Or maybe Pat Riley sees what I see. Chris Bosh is too soft to be the third wheel of the “Big Three.” You could see it Friday night when New Orleans center Emeka Okafor stitched clown suits for the Miami bigs in the Heat's second loss of the young season.

A career 13-point scorer, Okafor dropped 26 and 13 on the Heat, sinking 12 of 13 shots. Off the bench, New Orleans reserve power forward Jason Smith, a second-year 7-footer, added 12 points and six boards. Toss in Chris Paul's 19 dimes, and the Hornets pretty much duplicated the formula Boston used to upset Miami — excellent point guard play (Rajon Rondo 17 assists) and front-court dominance at both ends of the court (51 points and 31 rebounds from Shaq, Big Baby, KG and Paul Pierce).
We all pretty much agree LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are capable of impersonating Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Does Bosh have any Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant or Charles Oakley in his 6-foot-11, 235-pound frame?
Jordan had Oakley and Grant and Rodman. Magic had Rambis. Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars had Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn and Rodman. Kobe had Shaq and now he has Ron Artest.

Look at Boston’s “Big Three.” Kevin Garnett is a trash-talking, cheap-shot-taking goon.
James and Wade could both beat up Chris Bosh. The third wheel, especially if he’s a front-court player, can’t be the softest of the trio. It won’t work. It screws up chemistry. It’s going to make the Heat vulnerable to big, strong rebounding and defensive teams.

msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Chris-Bosh-may-not-fit-with-LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Miami-Heat-Big-Three-Dennis-Rodman-110810

Ive seen all of their games. they have no inside presence. Boston and the Lakers will bruise them inside

Chucky Woods
11-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Maybe a trade for Bogut or another bigman like him.

dnewguy
11-12-2010, 06:02 PM
who cares, we will stick by him. Gasol did great things by staying true to himself, Bosh will eventually find his niche, all we need is a C that can bring the aggressiveness he lacks.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 06:03 PM
who cares, we will stick by him. Gasol did great things by staying true to himself, Bosh will eventually find his niche, all we need is a C that can bring the aggressiveness he lacks.

but gasol has more talent then bosh ever will. and i thought yesterday you wanted to trade bosh. make up your mind

29$JerZ
11-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I'd be very shocked if Miami seriously even entertained offers for Bosh. I also don't see anyone offering to help Miami either/

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Jason Whitlock? No bueno.

goose15
11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I really doudt Bosh will get traded.. Miami will just try to add another big

J4KOP99
11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
When will Miami fans understand that Bosh is not like Gasol...

Gasol may have been "soft" but he always was a back-to-the-basket big man. Bosh isn't. Run plays for him all you want but those plays are for him to get open shots.(the same shots that LeBron and Wade need) He isn't going to magically start getting in the paint and backing big men down. That's not his game. That's where Miami ****ed up... they got a jump shooting big man instead of a true big man who will back people down and rebound.

stripersniper77
11-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I still think this team needs to give it at least a year or two to really mesh. And who knows what kind of center they could draft or sign out of free agency in a few years. They really only need someone like kendrick perkins. A big body that can box out and play defense.

mlisica19
11-12-2010, 06:09 PM
My assumption is that the friendhsip that goes on in this team will make sure this doenst happen at least for this year.

Yet it should, Bosh should be an offensive threat but hes being slowed down by two other top names and all around players. Hes being asked to play a Garnett position, be aggressive down low both sides of the ball and be a defensive player of the year.

Yet Bosh does not have defneisve mentality and his aggrressiveness downlow is just useless as he never gets the ball.

If Wade and James wanna do something with this team, Bosh should go.

zambo4president
11-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Bosh doesn't look good out there, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

Bruno
11-12-2010, 06:10 PM

No, Gasol put on weight and toughened up.

mlisica19
11-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I really doudt Bosh will get traded.. Miami will just try to add another big

WHO?

They have a hard enough time with the cap signing 3 max players... 3 guys who are trying to mesh but they cant cuz they are only valuable as being the only or at most 1 of 2 superstars to the team. Who cna they get?

The onoly person i can think of are x nba stars who will take a paycut to get a shot back at the nba. AI? He wont do anything good

Denver-boy
11-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Gasol is a good player arguebly the reason why lakers have gotten far in the Playoffs

FakeBlackMamba
Yea the comparison of Bosh to Gasol is totally off. They are two completely different players. Miami will stick with Bosh. The guy is too good a player to look so bad all year. He will find his role and he will fit with wade and lebrick. However, that does not mean that Miami's problems down low will be fixed. They still need a big body to rebound and clog the lane. Because if they dont, they will have no chance to beat Boston.

Did they ever give a reason as to why they didnt sign Dampier?

Mishmin
How about some minor trade to bring over Chris Wilcox or Charlie V from Detroit.. obviously more minor if it were Wilcox

shep33
11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Bosh is a very good player 20 and 10 in most places, but he just doesn' t fit with what Miami needs. Biggest thing is how are they going to match contracts... I mean some trades that would make Miami better:

Some teams to look at...
Houston... Scola, Hayes, Lowry?.
Minni- Kevin Love haha and Beasley/one of their pgs?
Denver-Nene, Kmart/Birdman?
New Orleans-Okafor and fillers?

I don't think they can really trade Bosh in all honesty... that's embarassing for the owner and Riley. Teams are not going to give you close to equal value for Bosh... and they don't want to make Miami any better. So Miami is stuck with Bosh for better or worse... I think he'll eventually figure it out... but people that expect him to bring down 10 boards and protect the paint... it's not going to happen... he's never protected the paint really in his career, and I don't see how a 6'10 235 lb guy who is a very good offensive player has to alter his game completely. Not fair to him. There are teams where he can be a great player on... right now Miami isn't one of them. But it's only 9 games into the year... people often fret too much.

sep11ie
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
How are yu gonna match contracts for Charlie V?

DaoudS
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I am wondering what team will actually give into Miami lol

Chicagofaithful
11-12-2010, 06:26 PM
if you read this whole article, its some guy saying thats what he thinks they should do, not suggesting they've actually considered it.

Russollini
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Riles Ego does not allow him to see a mistake, make adjustments and move on. He will eat, drink and sleep it for years, until there is no way it will work. He would rather it fail for 2 years, and then get lucky and work to say you see, then to make a move on a dime.

Public Enemy #1
11-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Difference between Gasol and Bosh.... Hmmm, lets see. Gasol has peach fuzz all over his face and can't grow a beard. Bosh can't handle KG or his trash talking. Gasol whines like a little ***** when he gets called for a foul. Bosh is a douche for going to Miami just to get more national recognition. So hard to decide. In all fairness, Gasol is way better than Bosh in every facet of the game.

Master P
11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
they can match salaries for charlie V if a third party gets involved that has a trade excemption....hello Toronto and Cleveland, want to help Miami more??

However, if a **** team that is looking to dump a bad contract on Miami offers their first round pick to Toronto or Cleveland, I think they'd do it.

Catoblepas
11-12-2010, 06:34 PM
isnt Eric Dampier still unsigned?

Hunter48MVP
11-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh? But I think the Lakers are better off with Bynum. So I think he stays put.

shep33
11-12-2010, 06:36 PM
9 games in.. I'm not a Miami fan, but way way too early to trade or alter an already adapting team. People are underestimating their capability after 9 games... Once they figure it out they'll be very good.

I've always thought Boston and LA are the two best teams in the league... nothings changed my mind about that. But i'm not gonna sit back and say how horrible Miami is, because people have to remember that they're a work in progress, just like a lot of teams are this year with new players. Lakers for example, still have no Bynum, Kobe's not 100%, and they're still integrating Barnes and Blake into the system. Boston, they look good, but they're obviously still working on some thing with Shaq, JO, and still don't even have Perkins. Records early in the year, are the 2nd most overrated thing about the NBA only next to the preseason.

I still have no doubt that by the end of the year Boston and LA will be the 2 best teams... but Miami will be a lot better than they are now though. Again... never liked the Heat, even dating back to the 90s, not really a fan of LBJ or Bosh... but I'm not going to say that they're not going to be a good team by the end of the year. Cause they will be, maybe not on LA or Boston's level, because both those teams are also going to be better come the playoffs, but they'll still win close to 60 games IMO... Remember they play a lot of weak teams out east.

AddiX
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I find it amazing that people are just now realizing Bosh is among the softest players in the NBA. Who did Miami think they were getting?

And he is hardly the only guy to blame, Bron's numbers don't show the fact that the team has no idea what the hell he is doing out there. Bron is more focused on staring at the crowd whenever he scores to realize he's not playing well.

No team in the league fears Bron or Wade shooting the outside shot consistently, and Wade looks completely lost out there too.

Bosh isn't the only one to blame here. He was never a grind it out inside player.

dodie53
11-12-2010, 06:38 PM
imo,
the heat won't trade bosh,
just give them more time t gel.

uprightciti
11-12-2010, 06:39 PM
and so it begins!!!

the collapse

honestly what team wants to trade for bosh?

the only team I see that would go threw with the deal would be the lakers...and Miami would be eating there words if he ended up there.

Crackadalic
11-12-2010, 06:39 PM
They shouldn't trade bosh that would make them look stupid but he does need to focus on rebounding more boxing out playing hardnose defense and scare people when they come to the hole skip bayless said he was playing like Bosh(posh) spice last night he just needs to play tougher thats all

shep33
11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Maybe Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh? But I think the Lakers are better off with Bynum. So I think he stays put.

Yeah no chance that happens... I understand the intrigue... but Bosh will basically be the same thing he is on Miami with LA. And for 110 mill...not worth it. Bynum is the key for the Lakers... considering they've gone 8-1 losing a very tight game against the Nuggets in Denver, without their defensive anchor is pretty good. I mean when he comes back, haha even on one leg he makes LA so hard to beat in a 7 game series. Odom then goes to the bench playing with Blake, Brown, and Barnes. And our bigs can get some rest.

But like I said, not worth it for 110 mill... and he's not going to protect the paint.

bholly
11-12-2010, 06:45 PM
For what it's worth, he can't be traded until Dec 15th anyway. The same restriction applies to a sign and trade as it does to a regular FA signing.

Also, like mlisica said, the friendship thing stops it from happening at least for a year or so. It'll take a couple failed playoff runs (not less than a dozen regular season games) before anything changes.

ink
11-12-2010, 06:48 PM
if you read this whole article, its some guy saying thats what he thinks they should do, not suggesting they've actually considered it.

Exactly. It's not even a trade rumour. It's some idiot journalist speculating. Closed.