PDA

View Full Version : How Long Before Coach Mike Throws Amare Under the Bus?

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone else can see this one coming. It is still extremely early and far from panick time, but they are looking really lackluster. We all know Antoni's yearly routine by now is to single out players to cover his tail but you think eventually he'll single out Amare(again)?

I mean Im assuming they, like us, knew that Amare doesn't defend/doesn't rebound before they paid him right? So that should be no big secret, he is who we thought he was, but how long til he gets called on it?

NYsFinest
11-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Ok, so Gallo sucks. Amare doesn't play defense and D' Antoni is going to throw him under the bus. Anything else you would like to add? Amare is not a very good rebounder, but why is he getting **** when he is pulling down 8 rebounds, while guys like Brook and Bosh are getting 6?

Jetsguy
11-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone else can see this one coming. It is still extremely early and far from panick time, but they are looking really lackluster. We all know Antoni's yearly routine by now is to single out players to cover his tail but you think eventually he'll single out Amare(again)?

I mean Im assuming they, like us, knew that Amare doesn't defend/doesn't rebound before they paid him right? So that should be no big secret, he is who we thought he was, but how long til he gets called on it?

2 knick hate threads on the afternoon? Boy you are nothing if not predictable eh:rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Ok, so Gallo sucks. Amare doesn't play defense and D' Antoni is going to throw him under the bus. Anything else you would like to add? Amare is not a very good rebounder, but why is he getting **** when he is pulling down 8 rebounds, while guys like Brook and Bosh are getting 6?

A) Gallo is average. B) Amare doesn't/never has rebounded well. look it up. and
C) Coach Mike has thrown at least one player under the bus every season of his Knicks tenure. You can look that up too.

My question is will he do that to Amare.

Thank you

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:11 PM
2 knick hate threads on the afternoon? Boy you are nothing if not predictable eh:rolleyes:

Gallo is average= Knicks hate?

Amare doesn't rebound= Knicks hate?

Both of those statements are true, where is the hate? I truly do not ubderstand your logic sir, please explain....

Kashmir13579
11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I was wondering how long before an thread designed to bash the Knicks.... i can't say nothin'. Things are not looking good in NY right now. funny thing is i think if we fired D'antoni and brought in somebody else(anybody else) we'd be able to salvage the season.
Wilson Chandler should be an all-star but is being held back severely under Mike D. Chandler is a poor 3pt shooter and yet he's ranked 10th in the NBA in 3pt attempts (behind some really good shooters). if that isn't poor coaching i don't know what is.

hgtiger32
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
idk what the knicks record is but they aren't that bad honestly. i think they could make the playoffs in the East.

Kashmir13579
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
idk what the knicks record is but they aren't that bad honestly. i think they could make the playoffs in the East.

They've lost 3 in a row, all to bad and mediocre teams. we play the Twolves tonight..:rolleyes:

I'll be watching the Syracuse game primarily.

cambovenzi
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
The knicks are half a game out top 8 spot in the east.

I dont think amare is the reason why they are losing..

Crackadalic
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
10 new players+young team=lots of adjusting look at miami point is there still getting adjusted amare actually defends better then dlee which isnt much but at least he blocks shots which dlee couldnt do till midway in a season gallo is average yes but that doesnt mean there isnt room to grow kid isnt even close to his prime yet

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I was wondering how long before an thread designed to bash the Knicks.... i can't say nothin'. Things are not looking good in NY right now. funny thing is i think if we fired D'antoni and brought in somebody else(anybody else) we'd be able to salvage the season.
Wilson Chandler should be an all-star but is being held back severely under Mike D. Chandler is a poor 3pt shooter and yet he's ranked 10th in the NBA in 3pt attempts (behind some really good shooters). if that isn't poor coaching i don't know what is.

Trust me Im not bashing, like I said its far from panic time. My whole thing is usually around this time is when Mike does his thing with the blame game. You're a Knick fan, you know Im not making this stuff up. Its happened with at least 4 players that I can think of recently.

I don't think its Amare's fault, like I said he is who he is. It just seems he would be the natural target once Mike gets really desperate for his job because believe you me he will be on the hot seat soon. Deservedly so......

Slimsim
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM

Why do you care troll ?

Public Enemy #1
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
They've lost 3 in a row, all to bad and mediocre teams. we play the Twolves tonight..:rolleyes:

I'll be watching the Syracuse game primarily.

Screw you, Warriors aren't a bad or mediocre team...

thescore53
11-12-2010, 06:52 PM
man isiah really messed the knicks up if u look back. just looked at their transactions. they were horrible.

thescore53
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM

are they a contender ?

Public Enemy #1
11-12-2010, 06:54 PM
are they a contender ?

No, they are average, which is a little bit better than mediocre. ;)

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:54 PM
man isiah really messed the knicks up if u look back. just looked at their transactions. they were horrible.

He actually drafted really well for them though. Lee, Chaldler, Ariza, Nate.... on and on. He's got a great eye for talent but his free agent signings and trades, man OH man! Im shocked no one in NY has assassinated him yet!

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Isiah was the best. His Zach Randolph signing looked really good on paper. Of course, in real life Zach Randolph only cares about himself.

knicks_champ
11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
I have a question has any of the current/former Knicks players beat you up or slept with a girlfriend you used have? Because you have been on a Knicks hating marathon today.

thescore53
11-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Isiah was the best. His Zach Randolph signing looked really good on paper. Of course, in real life Zach Randolph only cares about himself.

it was a trade not a signing,

PrettyBoyJ
11-12-2010, 07:16 PM
He should throw himself under the bus he's not a good coach.. Instead of outscoring teams he should teach defense!

cambovenzi
11-12-2010, 07:18 PM
are they a contender ?

They are 6-3. Probable playoff team.
Far from the "bad or mediocre" tag you put on them.

thescore53
11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
They are 6-3. Probable playoff team.
Far from the "bad or mediocre" tag you put on them.

did i say they're mediocre ? get ur facts straight.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 07:25 PM
He should throw himself under the bus he's not a good coach.. Instead of outscoring teams he should teach defense!

Thank you, you see it.

beasted86
11-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Amare is not a very good rebounder, but why is he getting **** when he is pulling down 8 rebounds, while guys like Brook and Bosh are getting 6?

Pace?

There's a really big gap between where the Heat & Nets are ranked vs. the Knicks.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
How can Amare be thrown under the bus when the Knicks continue to pour up three point attempts and miss? Amare isn't even being used right, and that IS Mike D's fault.

Da Knicks
11-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Bash them now like them later!

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 07:38 PM
How can Amare be thrown under the bus when the Knicks continue to pour up three point attempts and miss? Amare isn't even being used right, and that IS Mike D's fault.

I agree Mike is screwing up but Im basing this on his past history when his teams have underperformed. Lest we forget he's done that to Amare before in the good ol Phoenix days.

If things continue to go the way they're going it would not be shocking at all for me to hear coach saying something like "Well we're treating him as a max player, we're gonna need max effort." Im tellin you man, just watch and remember......

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I agree Mike is screwing up but Im basing this on his past history when his teams have underperformed. Lest we forget he's done that to Amare before in the good ol Phoenix days.

If things continue to go the way they're going it would not be shocking at all for me to hear coach saying something like "Well we're treating him as a max player, we're gonna need max effort." Im tellin you man, just watch and remember......

I am not denying Mike won't resort to this, but it will be another b.s. attempt of his to deflect the fact that he doesn't preach defense or rebounding, and just tries to outrun everyone.

Slimsim
11-12-2010, 07:50 PM
actaully i think the Knicks can be a good defensive team with the right head coach

NYsFinest
11-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Pace?

There's a really big gap between where the Heat & Nets are ranked vs. the Knicks.

Let me reword it just for you...

How come there must be a thread about Amares poor rebounding when his rebound RATE is 12.8, compared to Chris Bosh's 10.5 Rebounding RATE and Lopez's 10.6 Rebounding RATE.

Better?

NYsFinest
11-12-2010, 08:08 PM
actaully i think the Knicks can be a good defensive team with the right head coach

As for defense the Knicks are actually 13th in defensive efficiency so they aren't awful on defense with Amare like they were with Lee

Kashmir13579
11-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Trust me Im not bashing, like I said its far from panic time. My whole thing is usually around this time is when Mike does his thing with the blame game. You're a Knick fan, you know Im not making this stuff up. Its happened with at least 4 players that I can think of recently.

I don't think its Amare's fault, like I said he is who he is. It just seems he would be the natural target once Mike gets really desperate for his job because believe you me he will be on the hot seat soon. Deservedly so......

Dude, he's already on the hot seat. if it was up to me he would've been gone a long time ago. he's a terrible coach. your right, Amare will be Amare; a second tier allstar that is unproven without an elite PG. D'antoni isn't even that. D'antoni is a hack that has never won **** without an MVP running the helm. like i've said before, i'm starting to think Steve Nash was the head coach of the Suns. with all that said, you have to realize this thread will bring in many haters and let them run wild. not a very nice thing of you to do making this thread. it is a legitimate topic though, i cannot deny you that. no matter who d'antoni throws under the bus, Mike already has tire tread marks across his stomach.

Kashmir13579
11-13-2010, 06:49 AM

Screw me? at least i know where my teams at. Warriors are a Mediocre team... maybe not as bad as phili or minn. get at me when they prove otherwise but right now your opinion is that of a homer and is all speculation.

Lim
11-13-2010, 07:08 AM

never underestimate the stupidity of Owners/GMs

Mplsman
11-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Coach mike d sucks.

jiggin
11-13-2010, 07:58 AM
fanbase will never let that happen.

if anyone goes under the bus, its not the fan favorites, even if it is their fault. Its the coaches that get the blame.