PDA

View Full Version : Which FA signs first? And WHEN?

KOENIG
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Let's try this. Which FA signs first? And WHEN? Not with which team. Or for how much money.

Hunter48MVP
11-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Carl Crawford will sign first with the Angels. I say by next week or Thankgiving week.

Lincecum4CY
11-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Cliff Lee signs with Yankees :( The week after thanksgiving. Cashman and Co will show up to his house on thanksgiving with a huge presentation and proposal. Texas will have a few days to match that or come close but decide to just screw it and let yankees dish out the big mula.

December 2nd Cliff Lee signs with NYY and PSD forums and yankee haters either dont give a **** or get pissed off. Yankee fans start printing out their playoff tickets if they havent already yet.

Ranger_Invictus
11-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't think anyone will sign anywhere until the winter meetings. I'd say Victor Martinez in Detroit would be 1st.

KOENIG
11-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I think it won't be any one represented by Boras.

theslick1
11-12-2010, 06:19 PM
A's will sign Iwakuma.

11-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Cliff Lee signs with Yankees :( The week after thanksgiving. Cashman and Co will show up to his house on thanksgiving with a huge presentation and proposal. Texas will have a few days to match that or come close but decide to just screw it and let yankees dish out the big mula.

December 2nd Cliff Lee signs with NYY and PSD forums and yankee haters either dont give a **** or get pissed off. Yankee fans start printing out their playoff tickets if they havent already yet.

If Cliff Lee signs with the Yankees PSD is going to have a melt down.

10 different threads about how the Yankees buy everything will be started.

10 about the need for a salary cap.

Lee will go from a PSD favourite to everyone claiming he is old and will be washed up at 34.

Red Sox fans will try and prove how their team is better and mention what injuries did to them in 2010. Of course they will all list their rotation and talk about how they are going to get A-Gon.

Everyone will list sabermetric stats for their rotations to prove that it is better than the Yankees.

Everyone will mention how Jeter is old, A-Rod is old, Posada is old, Pettitte is old, Hughes is overrated, Montero will be a bust.

Some sig bet will be made.

Trolls will post in the Yankees forum.

Someone will mention if the Yankees win the WS in 2011 in won't mean anything since it was bought. They do this just because they are actually afraid the Yankees will win in 2011.

-Lavigne43-
11-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Derek Jeter within a week

Lincecum4CY
11-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Lee will go from a PSD favourite to everyone claiming he is old and will be washed up at 34.

Red Sox fans will try and prove how their team is better and mention what injuries did to them in 2010. Of course they will all list their rotation and talk about how they are going to get A-Gon.

Everyone will list sabermetric stats for their rotations to prove that it is better than the Yankees.

Everyone will mention how Jeter is old, A-Rod is old, Posada is old, Pettitte is old, Hughes is overrated, Montero will be a bust.

Someone will mention if the Yankees win the WS in 2011 in won't mean anything since it was bought. They do this just because they are actually afraid the Yankees will win in 2011.

:laugh: thats exactly what will happen. Especially the redsox part. If Lee signs with NY i'm not even going to bother coming onto PSD for like 2 weeks. And

jp611
11-12-2010, 07:56 PM
jhonny peralta already signed

jd25213
11-12-2010, 07:58 PM

Basically you mean they will park the Brinks truck in his driveway.

marlinsfan24
11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I think Carl Crawford to the Angels sometime next week.

NYY NYJ NYK
11-12-2010, 08:43 PM

:laugh: I think this is a pretty accurate prediction. (If he signs)

North Country
11-12-2010, 08:48 PM

I'm sure if the Yankees don't sign Cliff Lee, all the Yankees fans will be on their best behavior and concede the AL East to the Red Sox.

DieHardColtsfan
11-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Frank Catalanotto - Seibu Lions. within the next 12 min..

TheGiantYankee
11-12-2010, 08:52 PM

These all will happen but this is the thing that will piss me off the most

Celtic AL
11-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Frank Catalanotto - Seibu Lions. within the next 12 min..

:laugh:

More-Than-Most
11-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Lmao this is so on point. :clap:

Celtic AL
11-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Carl Crawford will sign first with the Angels. I say by next week or Thankgiving week.

i agree! i have feeling he'll be the 1st & end he'll end up Like Hunter signing on Thanksgiving Day.

Swishalicious
11-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Lmao this is so on point. :clap:

LoL, considering complaining and whiny posts about Lee/salary cap/buying rings has already started before Cliff Lee signed, I completely agree.

And if he doesnt sign with the yankees, you are going to get posts like "haha, Yankees couldn't buy this one" and then get more "salary cap" and "buy rings" when they win their next championship without Lee.

hopefully they sign Cliff Lee and then i just wont bother posting on the childish threads

North Country
11-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Manny Ramirez will sign with the Amsterdam Pirates for a lifetime supply of Heinekin and a sign in left field reading "Mannydam". Upon arriving, he'll say that he thought the was going to Japan and complain that his left knee hurts while limping on his right one.

Ty Fast
11-12-2010, 09:57 PM

dont you mean when cliff lee signs with the yanks.

Rdy2PlayBall
11-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Jeter to Boston by Tuesday.

11-12-2010, 10:26 PM

I hope he does but you never know. I think the Rangers will put together a competitive offer.

North Country
11-12-2010, 10:29 PM

This is exactly why so many people find all the Lee to the Yankees talk to be obnoxious. Most Yankees fans had him penciled into their rotation by August.

fadedmario
11-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Victor Martinez, next monday - Detroit Tigers

Cash
11-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll go with Kuroda to the Dodgers. It's def gonna be a re-signing that starts Free Agency.

lvlheaded
11-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Jeter to the Yankees-Next week

knicks=love
11-12-2010, 11:01 PM

this

lovingTO
11-12-2010, 11:05 PM
manny to the blue jays. 2/14million

Young2Kinsler
11-13-2010, 12:49 AM
These all will happen but this is the thing that will piss me off the most

Listen, I like Lee, and I hope we resign him, but only for the right deal. Anything over 4 years scares me, and more than 5 I'm completely out on. The fact is there is a history of pitchers his age getting their last big contract, and over 90% of them were failures. So if he signs some CC deal for 7 years and 140 plus deal, then it is a bad deal, no matter who gives it to him.

SouljahPhil...
11-13-2010, 03:58 AM

well said!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

SouljahPhil...
11-13-2010, 04:01 AM
I'll go with Kuroda to the Dodgers. It's def gonna be a re-signing that starts Free Agency.

your right...a japenese network reported 8 mil for 1 yr not yet confirm though..

Swishalicious
11-13-2010, 04:18 AM
manny to the blue jays. 2/14million

Manny has way too big of an ego to take $7 million a year. He'll stop playing before he takes $7 million..... he has more experience in that field anyhow ;)

sf-fanatic
11-13-2010, 06:09 AM
huff with the giants im sure will happen on the first day

SouljahPhil...
11-13-2010, 07:22 AM
when is the 1st day?

NFLNBA
11-13-2010, 10:32 AM
The Yanks are def going to spend big for Lee! Lee wont turn down the offer Sabathia Got that will be the best 1-2 punch ever IMO but lets not forget Yankee fans pretty much raped Lee's wife in New York and threw food at her i dont think that sat well with Lee?

Tkais9009
11-13-2010, 10:50 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap: great post. couldn't agree more lol

todu82
11-13-2010, 11:35 AM
I think Carl Crawford signs somewhere within the next week.

lovingTO
11-13-2010, 12:23 PM
The Yanks are def going to spend big for Lee! Lee wont turn down the offer Sabathia Got that will be the best 1-2 punch ever IMO but lets not forget Yankee fans pretty much raped Lee's wife in New York and threw food at her i dont think that sat well with Lee?

That arguably wouldn't be the best 1-2 punch in baseball, let alone ever.

SouljahPhil...
11-13-2010, 01:23 PM

lol..hilarious:facepalm:

threw food? any link?:confused:

Bank$23
11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
De La Rosa to the pirates by mid week

jd25213
11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
lol..hilarious:facepalm:

threw food? any link?:confused:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5729471

NYY NYJ NYK
11-13-2010, 02:29 PM
That arguably wouldn't be the best 1-2 punch in baseball, let alone ever.

Which teams would have a better 1/2 ?

Fred
11-13-2010, 02:44 PM

In some order, Cards, Phils, Giants...

Tabbert
11-13-2010, 02:50 PM
In some order, Cards, Phils, Giants...

I will give you the cards and giants but CC/ LEE > Halladay/ Hamels.

Halopower31
11-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Dont count out the young Angels Weaver and Haren

Hunter48MVP
11-13-2010, 04:39 PM

Thats right :up:

North Country
11-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Sabathia, maybe Lee and pray for rain.

ColeWorld
11-13-2010, 08:11 PM
werth

jd25213
11-13-2010, 08:30 PM

I think Lee and Sabathia would still be better.

North Country
11-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I think Lee and Sabathia would still be better.

I agree but the Yankes are going to have to do more than just add Lee to have one of the better rotations in the American League. Their rotation was 10th out of 14 AL teams last year in ERA.

SouljahPhil...
11-13-2010, 11:18 PM
I agree but the Yankes are going to have to do more than just add Lee to have one of the better rotations in the American League. Their rotation was 10th out of 14 AL teams last year in ERA.

Just the addition of lee could make them top 5 in the AL..

You replace a horrible vazquez with a cliff lee....

Sabathia
Lee
hughes
pettite
AJ

one of the better rotations in the AL..

North Country
11-13-2010, 11:35 PM

Sabathia
Lee
hughes
pettite
AJ

If Pettitte comes back and pitches like he did last year, sure. If Pettitte comes back and at age 39 pitches more like he did in 2008 or 2009, that's an above average rotation but most likely not top 5 in the AL. If he retires and the bottom of your rotation is Hughes, AJ, Nova... that's a middle of the pack rotation.

And there's always the opportunity for injury. Sabathia just had knee surgery, Hughes pitched 70+ more innings this year than he had in any of his previous 3 years and AJ Burnett's not exactly a poster child of good health.

dtmagnet
11-14-2010, 12:08 AM
I will give you the cards and giants but CC/ LEE > Halladay/ Hamels.

Ok, but Halladay/Oswalt is better than CC/Lee.

SouljahPhil...
11-14-2010, 12:35 AM
If Pettitte comes back and pitches like he did last year, sure. If Pettitte comes back and at age 39 pitches more like he did in 2008 or 2009, that's an above average rotation but most likely not top 5 in the AL. If he retires and the bottom of your rotation is Hughes, AJ, Nova... that's a middle of the pack rotation.

And there's always the opportunity for injury. Sabathia just had knee surgery, Hughes pitched 70+ more innings this year than he had in any of his previous 3 years and AJ Burnett's not exactly a poster child of good health.

Do you even think the yanks would go with a bottom rotation like that? hell no... Cashman won't risk that at all...

Knee surgey? it was a small meniscus tear repair and Burnett may be inconsistent but not injury prone the last few years..A minimum 0f 33 starts the last years...And Hughes will be fine.,his innings may have increased but he is not injury prone and his delivery is not violent at all...lastly all teams may suffer from injury so its is very unpredictable..

As for top 5 in the AL I'm pretty sure we could be included in that category if we sign cliff lee...

I only consider the Sox and A's rotation better than us... Angels and Rays may be equal with a little give and take..

SouljahPhil...
11-14-2010, 12:36 AM

Ha? no way... I think CC/Lee is better but not that far..

sfg554828
11-14-2010, 02:20 AM

I agree.

Tabbert
11-14-2010, 03:34 AM

lee and halladay are a wash... cc sabathia is a better pitcher than roy oswalt.

statquo
11-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Jeter to Boston by Tuesday.

this

Jeffy25
11-14-2010, 05:20 AM
I don't see why any high profile free agents would sign before Jan.

I just read the first three posts in this thread, and didn't read the rest, but higher profile free agents usually wait to sign

#27in2007
11-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm sure if the Yankees don't sign Cliff Lee, all the Yankees fans will be on their best behavior and concede the AL East to the Red Sox.

actually if we don't sign cliff lee, then we will just say that he wasn't worth all that money, and that he will be washed up by 34... then we will get Jorge De La Rosa, and argue that his upside is much better anyways... :D

NYY NYJ NYK
11-14-2010, 10:48 AM

this

ATL#22
11-14-2010, 11:31 AM

Sabathia
Lee
hughes
pettite
AJ

Hey Homer. Ok you wanna play the if game? Pettite is probably going to retire and I don't know if you remember but AJ sucks. Also Hughes looked like **** in the 2nd half (Post Half ERA 4.90). LOL top 5 get the **** out.

ATL#22
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM

ERA FIP xFIP
CC 3.19 3.54 3.78

Oswalt 2.76 3.27 3.45

Your statement is based on what?

djak
11-14-2010, 11:40 AM
ERA FIP xFIP
CC 3.19 3.54 3.78

Oswalt 2.76 3.27 3.45

AL EAST and NL Central/East :rolleyes: :facepalm:
CC is way better

ATL#22
11-14-2010, 12:29 PM
AL EAST and NL Central/East :rolleyes: :facepalm:
CC is way better

AL East is better but you are talking about half a run difference so possibly equal not way better. Homer

NYY NYJ NYK
11-14-2010, 03:38 PM
ERA FIP xFIP
CC 3.19 3.54 3.78

Oswalt 2.76 3.27 3.45

CC WAR (Past 3 years) - 5.1, 6.3 , 7.6

Oswalts WAR (Past 3 years) - 4.7, 3.0 , 3.5

SouljahPhil...
11-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey Homer. Ok you wanna play the if game? Pettite is probably going to retire and I don't know if you remember but AJ sucks. Also Hughes looked like **** in the 2nd half (Post Half ERA 4.90). LOL top 5 get the **** out.

Hey loser...Pettite is gonna be back do some research about it...wanna sig bet your psd account? you aint contibuting decent post anyway..lol I don't know if you even use your common sense..AJ is consistent everybody knows it...Hughes struggled in the 2nd half indeed but when you add 70+ inning in a year a possibility of that happening is quite there...Oh and I said in the AL?, so a little simple knowledge to back of your stupid post might do...Yanks rotation is there top 5 in the AL if they sign lee..

BeantownBill
11-14-2010, 05:33 PM

Haha, I love when Yankee fans get paranoid and defensive before anyone has even said anything about their team. My advice to you, sir, is to go have a drink. A couple of shots, maybe. Get a good buzz going, head down to whatever bar you frequent, and whine about the above crap to the people down there. The rest of us couldn't care less. Have a nice day. :p

SouljahPhil...
11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
CC WAR (Past 3 years) - 5.1, 6.3 , 7.6

Oswalts WAR (Past 3 years) - 4.7, 3.0 , 3.5

nice find...plus before moving to philly were did oswalt pitch b4?

the last 3 years CC is better than him..

BeantownBill
11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
I think it won't be any one represented by Boras.

Truth.

11-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Haha, I love when Yankee fans get paranoid and defensive before anyone has even said anything about their team. My advice to you, sir, is to go have a drink. A couple of shots, maybe. Get a good buzz going, head down to whatever bar you frequent, and whine about the above crap to the people down there. The rest of us couldn't care less. Have a nice day. :p

Since when is telling the truth whining? Don't get defensive because you know what I posted is true. I love when Red Sox fans get defensive because someone calls them out about their "injuries killed us" whining they did all season. My post was half truth and half jokes and it looks like some people got a laugh out of it and did not take it so serious like you. So I must ask...

Why so serious?

roylikeswaffles
11-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey loser...Pettite is gonna be back do some research about it...wanna sig bet your psd account? you aint contibuting decent post anyway..lol I don't know if you even use your common sense..AJ is consistent everybody knows it...Hughes struggled in the 2nd half indeed but when you add 70+ inning in a year a possibility of that happening is quite there...Oh and I said in the AL?, so a little simple knowledge to back of your stupid post might do...Yanks rotation is there top 5 in the AL if they sign lee..

It's begun :speechless:

DeyAce
11-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Lee to the Yankees followed by Crawford to White Sox

ATL#22
11-14-2010, 09:05 PM

:speechless: You are single handedly the dumbest poster on PSD. Hands down you win. Congrats

"Andy Pettitte told Matt Musil of KHOU.com that at the moment, he's leaning towards retirement. "Right now, I can tell you my heart's right here in Deer Park," Pettitte said. "If something happens and I play one more year that would be it. It would be one more year and that would be it." The southpaw also confirmed that if he does return in 2011, he would only pitch for the Yankees." From the site that shall not be named.

AJ Burnetts ERA 2009 4.04 2010 5.26

Oh and I didn't say anything about the NL. And you aren't even top 5 in the AL if you are replacing Pettite with Lee.

North Country
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Since when is telling the truth whining? Don't get defensive because you know what I posted is true. I love when Red Sox fans get defensive because someone calls them out about their "injuries killed us" whining they did all season. My post was half truth and half jokes and it looks like some people got a laugh out of it and did not take it so serious like you. So I must ask...

Why so serious?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it. It's fine if you want to poke a little fun at Red Sox fans as long as you can take it when they poke a little fun at you for worrying so much about what Red Sox fans will think if the Yankees sign Lee.

North Country
11-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Do you even think the yanks would go with a bottom rotation like that? hell no... Cashman won't risk that at all...

Knee surgey? it was a small meniscus tear repair and Burnett may be inconsistent but not injury prone the last few years..A minimum 0f 33 starts the last years...And Hughes will be fine.,his innings may have increased but he is not injury prone and his delivery is not violent at all...lastly all teams may suffer from injury so its is very unpredictable..

As for top 5 in the AL I'm pretty sure we could be included in that category if we sign cliff lee...

I only consider the Sox and A's rotation better than us... Angels and Rays may be equal with a little give and take..

I think the Yankees would have to sign Lee and a solid middle of the rotation starter before you talk about them being a top 5 rotation in the American League. Like I said, even if they sign Lee, a rotation of Lee, Sabathia, Burnett, Hughes and Nova is not top 5. In my opinion, Oakland, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Boston and LA have better rotations than that.

gfixer33
11-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Huff back to the giants

websta111191
11-14-2010, 11:32 PM
hahahahahahaha Oswalt and Halladay washed funniest thing i've ever heard. I'm sorry but I would take the Halladay Oswalt punch over Lee and CC. Thats just my opinion but I have no clue how you can say that after the seasons Halladay had and Oswalt after the trade. But I can see the Redsox signing Werth/Crawf0rd

MacFitz92
11-14-2010, 11:57 PM

You forgot the part of about Yankee fans trying to ridicule everyone else for being pissed that an organization just buys every player.

11-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Don't dish it out if you can't take it. It's fine if you want to poke a little fun at Red Sox fans as long as you can take it when they poke a little fun at you for worrying so much about what Red Sox fans will think if the Yankees sign Lee.

I don't think you got the point of my post at all. It was a joke (layered in truth and some exaggeration). It was a joke about RFD as a whole. I'm sure someone else could make a list on how Yankees fans on PSD will react if Lee signs with the Yankees. If you're up to it you can do a list yourself.

Fans of other teams laughed at it and some people agreed with it. It took a Red Sox fan to get defensive and take it seriously.

North Country
11-15-2010, 12:29 AM
I don't think you got the point of my post at all. It was a joke (layered in truth and some exaggeration). It was a joke about RFD as a whole. I'm sure someone else could make a list on how Yankees fans on PSD will react if Lee signs with the Yankees. If you're up to it you can do a list yourself.

Fans of other teams laughed at it and some people agreed with it. It took a Red Sox fan to get defensive and take it seriously.

I fully understood that your post was a joke and was fine with it. But if you can't handle the jokes Red Sox fans made in return, perhaps you shouldn't have joked about them. Like I said, don't dish it out if you can't take it.

websta111191
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Of course a Yankee fan would say CC is better than Oswalt. Maybe because Oswalt pitched for the Astros. I'm sorry but bring Oswalt over to the A.L when he was CCs age and see how hes as if not more dominant than CC.

SouljahPhil...
11-16-2010, 02:42 AM
:speechless: You are single handedly the dumbest poster on PSD. Hands down you win. Congrats

"Andy Pettitte told Matt Musil of KHOU.com that at the moment, he's leaning towards retirement. "Right now, I can tell you my heart's right here in Deer Park," Pettitte said. "If something happens and I play one more year that would be it. It would be one more year and that would be it." The southpaw also confirmed that if he does return in 2011, he would only pitch for the Yankees." From the site that shall not be named.

Oh and I didn't say anything about the NL. And you aren't even top 5 in the AL if you are replacing Pettite with Lee.

Oh Mr smart *** have you even read what you posted? their is a chance he will return in 2011 and he will surely retire after it..as long as we sign lee andy will surely be back since the rotation is better and that increases his chance of winning a world series.. Wanna sig bet on andy pitching for us in 2011? Me dumbest? then I think you are a ****** if I'm dumb..lol:clap: :speechless:

AJ burnett is inconsistent it is a given...At some nights he would look like an ace and on other nights rocked...so as long as he post an ERA of 4-4.5 I would be fine with it...He will either be a 4th or 5th starter when we sign Lee and Pettite..

Not top 5 in the AL? at least back up your post so you won't like dummer than me... I'm Talking about here after we sign Lee and resign pettite..
CC-Lee-Hughes-Pettite-Burnett is up there..

I give the Redsox and A's the edge over that rotation
but Angels and Rays are somewhat equal with a little give and take..

SouljahPhil...
11-16-2010, 02:49 AM
I think the Yankees would have to sign Lee and a solid middle of the rotation starter before you talk about them being a top 5 rotation in the American League. Like I said, even if they sign Lee, a rotation of Lee, Sabathia, Burnett, Hughes and Nova is not top 5. In my opinion, Oakland, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Boston and LA have better rotations than that.

We won't go into the season with Nova as the 5th guy...We don't want to put our faith in 2/5 of the rotation of young guys..Last time we did it we miss the playoffs...Pettite will surely be back man...1 more year for the old geazer..just 1 more... I gotta agree with you that Boston and Oakland has better rotation than that...As for the Angels and Rays that is debatable...
A rotation of CC-Lee-Hughes-Pettite-Aj could be up there with the Rays and Angels rotation..

Just curious why you include Seattle? who do they have after King Felix? not quite familiar with them..

North Country
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
AJ burnett is inconsistent it is a given...At some nights he would look like an ace and on other nights rocked...so as long as he post an ERA of 4-4.5 I would be fine with it...He will either be a 4th or 5th starter when we sign Lee and Pettite..

Just out of curiosity, what kind of years are you expecting from Burnett and Pettitte? Burnett is 34 and he's lost 2.8 mph of his fastball the last 3 years. Pettitte recently said he's leaning towards retirement. But if he does return, he'll be 39. He missed 1/3 of last year to a groin injury and the two years before that, he a touch above league average.

North Country
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Just curious why you include Seattle? who do they have after King Felix? not quite familiar with them..

They have Felix, Vargas, Fister, Pauley and Rowland-Smith. Not exactly the sexiest group of starters, but it was good enough for the second best ERA of any rotation in the American League.

They also have $20 million to spend this offseason and will likely add a starter. They look like the favorites to sign Iwakuma.

SouljahPhil...
11-16-2010, 11:09 PM
They have Felix, Vargas, Fister, Pauley and Rowland-Smith. Not exactly the sexiest group of starters, but it was good enough for the second best ERA of any rotation in the American League.

They also have $20 million to spend this offseason and will likely add a starter. They look like the favorites to sign Iwakuma.

I think if we sign lee and andy we vould match or slightly be better than that rotation..not quite familiar with that iwakuma guy bu isnt he the one that the a's won the bidding ryts?0

marlinsfan24
11-16-2010, 11:12 PM
First signing will be John Buck to the Marlins ;)

SouljahPhil...
11-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of years are you expecting from Burnett and Pettitte? Burnett is 34 and he's lost 2.8 mph of his fastball the last 3 years. Pettitte recently said he's leaning towards retirement. But if he does return, he'll be 39. He missed 1/3 of last year to a groin injury and the two years before that, he a touch above league average.

Before andy got injured he was up their in wins with hughes but had a better ERA..i have faith that pettite could win us 8-14 with an era of 3.75-4.5.. As long as he keep us in games our offense could help him.. As for AJ maybe 10-12 games with an era of 4.5-5..he will bebthe 5th starter anyway..all these things would only happen if we could sign lee..

North Country
11-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Before andy got injured he was up their in wins with hughes but had a better ERA..i have faith that pettite could win us 8-14 with an era of 3.75-4.5.. As long as he keep us in games our offense could help him.. As for AJ maybe 10-12 games with an era of 4.5-5..he will bebthe 5th starter anyway..all these things would only happen if we could sign lee..

Win loss records are a terrible way to judge pitchers. What kind of ERA, WHIP or WAR do you expect from Burnett or Pettitte if he does not retire?

North Country
11-17-2010, 01:35 AM
I think if we sign lee and andy we vould match or slightly be better than that rotation..not quite familiar with that iwakuma guy bu isnt he the one that the a's won the bidding ryts?0

Again, it depends on what kind of years you expect from Pettitte and Burnett. Pettitte missed much of last year de to injury and wil be 39 next year. He hasn't stayed healthy and pitched well since 2005 when he was with the Astros. Burnett is going to be 34, and with his velocity dropping like a rock it doesn't seem like he's going to improve much on his 5+ ERA from last year. He's always been a guy who had great stuff but still struggled to put it all together. Now he's a simply a guy who struggles to put it all together and has average stuff.

seikou8
11-17-2010, 01:52 AM
seatte how many games did they win with that rotiation

SouljahPhil...
11-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Again, it depends on what kind of years you expect from Pettitte and Burnett. Pettitte missed much of last year de to injury and wil be 39 next year. He hasn't stayed healthy and pitched well since 2005 when he was with the Astros. Burnett is going to be 34, and with his velocity dropping like a rock it doesn't seem like he's going to improve much on his 5+ ERA from last year. He's always been a guy who had great stuff but still struggled to put it all together. Now he's a simply a guy who struggles to put it all together and has average stuff.

Again as what I have said as long as they keep us in the games and the offense could help them I have no problem with them...What is important for the regular season in my own opinion is wins...As long as we enter the playoffs I would be satisfied with it..Lee-Sabathia-Hughes and Andy could be a very good rotation in the playoffs... As for AJ a 4.5-5 ERA would still be decent since he is a 5th starter...Look at the ERA of hughes and how many wins he gave us..It was very deceiving..Pitching for the yanks in the regular season does not need to be light outs..

Melo15
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Again as what I have said as long as they keep us in the games and the offense could help them I have no problem with them...What is important for the regular season in my own opinion is wins...As long as we enter the playoffs I would be satisfied with it..Lee-Sabathia-Hughes and Andy could be a very good rotation in the playoffs... As for AJ a 4.5-5 ERA would still be decent since he is a 5th starter...Look at the ERA of hughes and how many wins he gave us..It was very deceiving..Pitching for the yanks in the regular season does not need to be light outs..

I agree with this completely. With the offense you guys have even if a pitcher has a bad day you still have a decent shot at getting a win. It seems like if you get Lee and Pettite comes back then you will definitely be fine. In my opinion, they should go get a dominant bullpen arm. That way you can shorten the game and not require Pettite, Hughes or Burnett to go deep into a game.

SouljahPhil...
11-17-2010, 11:26 AM
I agree with this completely. With the offense you guys have even if a pitcher has a bad day you still have a decent shot at getting a win. It seems like if you get Lee and Pettite comes back then you will definitely be fine. In my opinion, they should go get a dominant bullpen arm. That way you can shorten the game and not require Pettite, Hughes or Burnett to go deep into a game.

Bingo! nice assesment...:clap::clap::clap: our bullpen except mo and wood were disaster last year..

North Country
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM

Sounds like a recipe for another 95 win team.

11-17-2010, 05:39 PM

Actually if the Yankees go in with the same rotation but with Lee replacing Javier I think you're looking at a team who will improve from last season. Around 100+ win team. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Sabathia
Lee
Pettitte
Hughes
Burnett

Combine that with the best offense in the AL and your looking at around 100+ wins. I mean if CC can win 21 games with the Yankees offense supporting him Lee should be able to do the same.

theslick1
11-17-2010, 05:45 PM

Why do you say this? According to this:

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.aspx?playerid=512&position=P

Burnett's fastball velocity for 2010 averaged 93.1 vs. 94.2 in 2009 and his 2 seam fastball actually improved to 93.0 from 92.1 in 2009. Yeah, I guess there's a little bit of a drop, but it's not like he lost 3-4 MPH.

SouljahPhil...
11-17-2010, 06:52 PM

As I have said I have no problem with it as long as we make it to the playoffs...
Then the scary part of facing that rotation will come...Plus I quite sure we will win more than 95 games..97-102 may be..

djak
11-17-2010, 07:03 PM

You are right the Braves are better :rolleyes:
AJ burnett will be our 5th starter if you sign lee.. i'm ok with a 4.5 era

North Country
11-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Why do you say this? According to this:

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.aspx?playerid=512&position=P

Burnett's fastball velocity for 2010 averaged 93.1 vs. 94.2 in 2009 and his 2 seam fastball actually improved to 93.0 from 92.1 in 2009. Yeah, I guess there's a little bit of a drop, but it's not like he lost 3-4 MPH.

In 2007 his average fastball velocity was 95.9, last year it was 93.1. So yeah, it is kind of like he's lost 3 mph.

North Country
11-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Actually if the Yankees go in with the same rotation but with Lee replacing Javier I think you're looking at a team who will improve from last season. Around 100+ win team. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Sabathia
Lee
Pettitte
Hughes
Burnett

Combine that with the best offense in the AL and your looking at around 100+ wins. I mean if CC can win 21 games with the Yankees offense supporting him Lee should be able to do the same.

If we were talking about adding Lee to last year's team then I could see them winning 100 games. But Pettitte recently said he's learning towards retirement and next year A-Rod will be 35, Jeter will be 37 and Posada will be 39 and they've all shown signs that they're starting to break down or decline.

SouljahPhil...
11-17-2010, 11:31 PM
If we were talking about adding Lee to last year's team then I could see them winning 100 games. But Pettitte recently said he's learning towards retirement and next year A-Rod will be 35, Jeter will be 37 and Posada will be 39 and they've all shown signs that they're starting to break down or decline.

Pettite will be back..count on that... Arod is 35 but still he continued his streak last year.. Jeter was effy and will continue to be that..his games will decline...As for Posada he will be primarily DH with Montero at catcher...Plus I think we will improve our pen...That means we will be better than last year..

Tone091
11-18-2010, 09:37 AM
I think the ORIOLES will sign Beltre this week, as much as I dont want them to. Also, look for Konerko to follow close behind him to the O's.

I also see Crawford and Werth signing soon now with all these Upton rumors swirling, I think the Sox are getting in on the bidding on purpose. They are showing these two that there are other options and they do not have to overpay.

North Country
11-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Pettite will be back..count on that... Arod is 35 but still he continued his streak last year.. Jeter was effy and will continue to be that..his games will decline...As for Posada he will be primarily DH with Montero at catcher...Plus I think we will improve our pen...That means we will be better than last year..

The only streak A-Rod continued last year was his 3rd straight year of decline.

2007 - .314/.422/.645 (176 OPS+)
2008 - .302/.392/.573 (150 OPS+)
2009 - .286/.402/.532 (138 OPS+)
2010 - .279/.341/.506 (123 OPS+)

As you know, it's been a similar story with Jeter and Posada. Your arguments about Pettittte returning and the bullpen improving is all speculative - we'll have to wait and see.

SouljahPhil...
11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
The only streak A-Rod continued last year was his 3rd straight year of decline.

2007 - .314/.422/.645 (176 OPS+)
2008 - .302/.392/.573 (150 OPS+)
2009 - .286/.402/.532 (138 OPS+)
2010 - .279/.341/.506 (123 OPS+)

As you know, it's been a similar story with Jeter and Posada. Your arguments about Pettittte returning and the bullpen improving is all speculative - we'll have to wait and see.

13 seasons 20 homeruns and 100 rbi???
Declining? yes but still producing good and helping the team...
Jeter will be move down in the lineup and Posada will be better than any DH we have last season...Montero will have a decent season...Because as a yankee fan were pretty sure andy will be back for 1 more season..We just feel it and as for the bullpen improving wait for it...

fadedmario
11-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Detroit is going to sign Adam Dunn and Victor Martinez

The_Mac22
11-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I think the ORIOLES will sign Beltre this week, as much as I dont want them to. Also, look for Konerko to follow close behind him to the O's.

I also see Crawford and Werth signing soon now with all these Upton rumors swirling, I think the Sox are getting in on the bidding on purpose. They are showing these two that there are other options and they do not have to overpay.

Who else will the O's sign?

Tone091
11-19-2010, 02:44 PM

I would much rather them sign Dunn and V-Mart, not Beltre.

Malz28
11-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Werth will be one of the last to sign because he'll finally realize he's not getting the $20 million a year he wants. He'll sign with the Red Sox though.

Rochesta
11-19-2010, 05:55 PM
The Orioles won't sign anyone but some crap relievers for too much money. If any team in the majors most resembled Eastern Europe after the fall of the Sovet Union, with all the corruption, bad policies and shoddy products, it would be the Orioles. What I hate most is that their fans always say stuff like this, that they're good or about to be good or that we should fear their prospects or that they will sign a big bat like Texeira. Really just empty threats from a Soviet house of cards.

DodgerB24
11-19-2010, 06:10 PM

Jesus.