PDA

View Full Version : No More Excuses: Gallo is Average and Darko is Horrible!

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Lets keep it real for a moment, a lot of you guys have been defending these two bums vigorously for at least the past 2 seasons with "give them more time" and "its too early to call them a bust" "they need a fresh start" and blah blah blah. Darko has a change of scenery and Gallo has got a lil experience under his belt and guess what.......... THEY'RE STILL GARBAGE!

Can we just go ahead and admit it already or are there still staunch advocates of these two "players with potential" out there?

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 03:41 PM
dude, you can't create a thread like this today.

It's Miami bashing day.

Either way,
inb4dalock!

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 03:49 PM
dude, you can't create a thread like this today.

It's Miami bashing day.

Either way,
inb4dalock!

Haha! Im not down with the Miami bashing, I happen to not be hater.

But why should they close, did I say something that is not a true statement? Is Darko not garbage? Have they not made excuses for years for this person?

Sadds The Gr8
11-12-2010, 03:50 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/Romulus32/ibtl.gif

Cool007
11-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Gallo is only good if his shots are falling and these days, it ain't happening.

So he is average at best.

Darko has always SUCKED. Nothing new here.

effen5
11-12-2010, 03:54 PM

Gallo's fluke game came against us :(

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM

That what you, I, and most reasonable people know but according to some mods that shall remain nameless.....cough...HAWK..... the Darko signing was actually a good thing, and he was still young and filled with potential.

JoeyDubb23
11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
darko is trash but i guess you missed the nationally televised game on TNT last week when Gallinari went off on the bulls? How can you say hes garbage? plus Darko has been in the league for aa while now it doesnt seem like it but he has. Gallo is only 22. I mean cmon. The kid might not be a superstar but he has talent.

ecorrea
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/danilo_gallinari/

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
10-11 NYK 8 8 27.0 0.351 0.324 0.935 1.0 3.4 4.4 1.3 0.8 0.5 0.8 2.0 11.6
Career 117 84 28.8 0.421 0.385 0.838 0.7 3.4 4.2 1.4 0.8 0.6 1.1 2.2 12.7

ecorrea
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
i mean career fg% is only 421 and he doesnt really do too much else...

WolvesJagsOs
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Darko might suck offensively, but the guy is beasting it up this year defensively, 2nd in the league in blocks so far, Ahead of Howard, J-Smith, and hibbert.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 04:06 PM
darko is trash but i guess you missed the nationally televised game on TNT last week when Gallinari went off on the bulls? How can you say hes garbage? plus Darko has been in the league for aa while now it doesnt seem like it but he has. Gallo is only 22. I mean cmon. The kid might not be a superstar but he has talent.

I didn't say he was garbage, I said Gallo is average. Average as in the 11pts 4brds he's averaging. Him having this great nationally televised game you speak of just reinforces my point more because games like that make you think about his "talent" when in reality he's not that great.

I mean people were actually saying including Gallo in a trade for Mello was a dealbreaker for Pete's sake! Im sure even you could agree thats outrageous.

edit#
my bad i did say Gallo was garbage too. He is.

end of edit

nycsports2
11-12-2010, 04:13 PM
darko does suck bc its been 6 yrs since hes been drafted gallo is 20 yrs old i think hes got some time left to prove lol dont jump the gun

WolvesJagsOs
11-12-2010, 04:15 PM
^lol, that made no sence. Darko sucks because its been 6 yrs since he was drafted?

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 04:20 PM

That what you, I, and most reasonable people know but according to some mods that shall remain nameless.....cough...HAWK..... the Darko signing was actually a good thing, and he was still young and filled with potential.

$5 million for a center who is 2nd in the NBA in shot block rate? Yeah, I will take that over the many deals out there for centers that suck even worse.
You missed my point when I said that was a good signing. Look around the NBA, and at the salaries of centers. $5 million is a bargain

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
its simply amazing that so many judge without being able to put something into perspective.

WolvesJagsOs
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM

I can tell you mainly jsut look at points per game....If you would watch all the Wovles game, yes, you would be scared nearly everytime Darko has the ball in his hands on offense, but, on defense, he is playing great, 2nd in the league in blocks, and is huge for us on that side of the floor.

SouthSideRookie
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Tony_Starks;15539205]

$5 million for a center who is 2nd in the NBA in shot block rate? Yeah, I will take that over the many deals out there for centers that suck even worse.
You missed my point when I said that was a good signing. Look around the NBA, and at the salaries of centers. $5 million is a bargain

I would easily take Darko over Brad Miller. I have no idea what Adelman was thinking, Morey was against it but Rick wanted him.

D1JM
11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
gallo had the night of his life against the bulls. However, so did everyone in the knicks except stat.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Tony_Starks;15539205]

I can tell you mainly jsut look at points per game....If you would watch all the Wovles game, yes, you would be scared nearly everytime Darko has the ball in his hands on offense, but, on defense, he is playing great, 2nd in the league in blocks, and is huge for us on that side of the floor.

I watch Wolves games, Darko is terrible. He gets blocks mainly by default on account of his size, defensively he's not that great. Don't believe me, look at his rebound average. Its not like he's a defensive stopper or anything, or even a deterrent.

Don't let the blocks fool you, he's nowhere NEAR a $5milli/year guy. More like league minimum, lucky to still be in the league guy.

ManningToTyree
11-12-2010, 04:34 PM
gallo has less than two seasons of court time and he is still very young. he avg 15 a game last year in what was esentialy his rookie season.:facepalm:

WolvesJagsOs
11-12-2010, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Wolvesjagsfan10;15539456]

I watch Wolves games, Darko is terrible. He gets blocks mainly by default on account of his size, defensively he's not that great. Don't believe me, look at his rebound average. Its not like he's a defensive stopper or anything, or even a deterrent.

Don't let the blocks fool you, he's nowhere NEAR a $5milli/year guy. More like league minimum, lucky to still be in the league guy.

well, im pretty sure most C's get there blocks becuase of size. And, he has played solid defense. Like hawk said, go check out other C's in the NBA and see how much they get paid. Im pretty sure Etan Thomas is getting like 7M per, or was last year.

Patman
11-12-2010, 04:41 PM
its simply amazing that so many judge without being able to put something into perspective.

Sorry but outside of block% it just looks awful, his TOV% is ridicules his TRB% is bad, his ORTG is atrocious. Sorry but the he is not worth 5 mil nowhere near that. if he at least could rebound at a decent rate.

Normally your good with your assessments but i think with Darko you just wan't him to be better then he is.

Hunter48MVP
11-12-2010, 04:44 PM
They both suck!

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Tony_Starks;15539523]

well, im pretty sure most C's get there blocks becuase of size. And, he has played solid defense. Like hawk said, go check out other C's in the NBA and see how much they get paid. Im pretty sure Etan Thomas is getting like 7M per, or was last year.

Comparing him to other centers is just rationalizing. There are a whole bunch or terrible centers out there, does that make him better just by default?

What does this person have to do to convince you guys he's no good? I mean he gets more turnovers than blocks, he's short yellow bus on offense, and he's yet to even garner a double double as a starting C. Seriously, what else does he have to do?

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Let's bash the unselfish shooter with a sore wrist 8 games into the season.. The kid has potential and theyre plenty more picks to be bashed rather than Gallo..

NYsFinest
11-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Gallo injured his shooting wrist, and hes a shooter. He is not a star, but he is far from sucking. You can't look at his 43% shooting percentage last year and say it was bad because more than half his shots were threes, his TS % is actually very high.

WolvesJagsOs
11-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I never said he is good, all im saying is i like what he brings to our team...defense, we got peopel that can score, we dont have many shot blockers though, and he does that for us.

Slimsim
11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
How is this not baiting ?

Anyway gallo might not be worth that number 6th pick. I think it's our coach who just wants gallo to keep shooting and not develop some kinda low post game.

But i agree gallo so far has look average and Darko doesn't suck but he isn't good

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 05:04 PM
How is this not baiting ?

Anyway gallo might not be worth that number 6th pick. I think it's our coach who just wants gallo to keep shooting and not develop some kinda low post game.

But i agree gallo so far has look average and Darko doesn't suck but he isn't good

No need to play the "bait" card, its a reasonable observation. Anyone reasonable person that has watched this kid play for a while can tell you he has potential, but so far hasn't come close to living up to the hype. To be a spot up shooter, which is basically what he has turned into, his career fg and 3pt %'s aren't even that great.

To say he is average is a fair and generous assessment IMO, unless you're biased.....

COOLbeans
11-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Gallo showed me something this week. Darko has always been horrible. 2nd in the league in blocks is good but I doubt he'll still be there at seasons end.

Bob_at_york
11-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I don't understand what the two players have to do with each other. :confused:

TO to the CHI
11-12-2010, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=Tony_Starks;15539523]

He does a nice job blocking shots. However, he is a mediocre rebounder and a huge detriment on the offensive end (how a 7 footer puts up that shooting percentage I can't understand).

Darko is an okay role player in a defensive capacity off the bench, but he really isn't very good. And that is not in relation to draft position it is in relation to his skillset. He blocks shots. Nothing more.

Jim McIlvaine did that to and he is widely viewed as a bust.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Darko is awful, can't rebound, can't score to save his life, only good for some shot blocking and for 6 fouls

European version of Desagana Diop

29$JerZ
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
And so the Knick threads of negativity begin on the NBA forum again, and it's not even December

Crackadalic
11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
i dont understand what either of those two players have to do with each other.........
well darko isnt that good defensively if he is 2nd in blocks shots its kinda negated when his defense isnt that good gallo is just a young inconsistent player who isnt even near his prime shoots 3 can post when he wants and a decent passer hedo lite thats it average to above average at best

nycericanguy
11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Darko has always sucked, DET, MEM, ORL, NY and now MIN know that first hand.

Gallo has sucked this year but in fairness he's had an injured wrist and he's only 22

thescore53
11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
did someone say darko was good... like ever :confused: and like i predicted last year when guys were sayin gallo > bargnani teams will get a full scouting report on him and then shut him down. like they did to bargnani in his second year.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:44 PM
i dont understand what either of those two players have to do with each other.........
well darko isnt that good defensively if he is 2nd in blocks shots its kinda negated when his defense isnt that good gallo is just a young inconsistent player who isnt even near his prime shoots 3 can post when he wants and a decent passer hedo lite thats it average to above average at best

I used those two because these are guys that people constantly make excuses for despite the obvious. Just look at the responses in this thread "he's still young" and "potential" are glimmers of hope people are STILL hanging onto. I just really don't understand all the excuses is all.

But Im going to forever leave Gallo alone from now on. Apparently calling a guy putting up 11 and 5 a average player is completely out of line and blatant hatred. :confused:

KnicksorBust
11-12-2010, 06:46 PM
At age 21, Gallo scored 15ppg and was 2nd in the NBA in 3pt FGs made. Currently he's 4th in the NBA in Free Throw Percentage and 6th best in turnovers. His rebounding percentage has also improved every season in the league. We know he can shoot effeciently (3pt and FT). We've seen him attack the rim. We know he has a tendency to draw fouls when he drives. We've seen flashes of him with a post up game. And something crazy in my gut tells me that he might improve a little bit as he hits his mid 20s. :)

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
At age 21, Gallo scored 15ppg and was 2nd in the NBA in 3pt FGs made. Currently he's 4th in the NBA in Free Throw Percentage and 6th best in turnovers. His rebounding percentage has also improved every season in the league. We know he can shoot effeciently (3pt and FT). We've seen him attack the rim. We know he has a tendency to draw fouls when he drives. We've seen flashes of him with a post up game. And something crazy in my gut tells me that he might improve a little bit as he hits his mid 20s. :)

KnicksorBust you are an optimist if I've ever seen one sir. I aint mad at ya though, just mark my words by seasons end buddy.

Hustla23
11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
What an idiotic thread.

Considering the moron who made it, it's not surprising.

BSplaya2121
11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
KnicksorBust you are an optimist if I've ever seen one sir. I aint mad at ya though, just mark my words by seasons end buddy.

Ya, I'd call that baiting. Your waiting for someone to try and give an opinion (with stats btw) and your shooting them down. This thread needs to be canceled due to the fact that the creator is baiting Knicks and Wolves fans regardless of what he says

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Ya, I'd call that baiting. Your waiting for someone to try and give an opinion (with stats btw) and your shooting them down. This thread needs to be canceled due to the fact that the creator is baiting Knicks and Wolves fans regardless of what he says

Wow do you actually read comments or just make assumptions?

Just to remind you the title said "GALLO IS AVERAGE" thats it. I didn't talk about his mom. I didn't call him any funny names. I said he's average. Not good, not bad. Statistically thats a true statement.... why the hostility? You guys act like I said he's the son of Satan or something?

And as far as Darko goes Im not sure if you read the responses but most non biased posters did agree that he sucks. Dude its not a conspiracy, Darko sucks!

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 07:26 PM
To the OP, what is the point of this thread? Its almost as if you are going, "nana nana boo boo", like a small child. When did anyone say Darko was good???? The point I made, and will continue to make, is $5 million dollars for a center who block shots and keeps the ball moving, is not a bad deal in today's NBA. I really don't understand how hard this is to grasp. Is Darko terrible so far shooting wise? Oh my god yes. Will he get better? Really has no choice. But 2nd in block rate, and 4 in blocks per game, in 25 mpg basically, for $5 million? I will take that dude.
As for Gallo, what is your beef? Are you really letting a rough 10 game start effect your overall opinion of his young career? Nevermind, yes you are. He is a gifted shooter adjusting to a new roster, and his numbers will start to head towards his mean as his coach stops having his team shoot so many three's. His rebounding and defense are better this year, and his stroke hasn't changed. He will get better.

Honestly, I have no clue why these types of threads are being created with such high rates currently. There is so much hatred towards teams, players, and quite frankly, posters on this site, that it forces threads like this, or any other bash thread to be created. What type of responses are you looking for? "oh man, you are so right, they suck so bad...."

I am not going to even bother listing the salary/stats of every center making $5 million plus. It would be a waste of time, and you wouldn't understand how to put it in perspective anyways. But blocking shots has gotten many, many players deals over the history of the game, and always will. 7' centers who can move and are 24 get deals. Period. Always has been this way, always will. Defensively, Darko has been very good. Nobody in the Wolves fan base has ever argued he IS a good player. Words like "potential" are, and will be continued to be used, when speaking of physical beings such as Darko or Gallo. Age/Size/Mobility make this so. If you don't like it, then don't embrace it. But there is no reason to create threads like this, when it shows an obvious maturity level of a 13 year old.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 07:28 PM
here is an example of perspective. Is Rashard Lewis good? Sure. Is Rashard Lewis making $22 million for the next 4 yerars bad? You better believe it.

Value is a word that is easily missed in concept.

steveshane67
11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Haha! Im not down with the Miami bashing, I happen to not be hater.

But why should they close, did I say something that is not a true statement? Is Darko not garbage? Have they not made excuses for years for this person?

WHAT? you sure sound like one

save the knicks
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Id say this is a fairly average thread.

Da Knicks
11-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Lets keep it real for a moment, a lot of you guys have been defending these two bums vigorously for at least the past 2 seasons with "give them more time" and "its too early to call them a bust" "they need a fresh start" and blah blah blah. Darko has a change of scenery and Gallo has got a lil experience under his belt and guess what.......... THEY'RE STILL GARBAGE!

Can we just go ahead and admit it already or are there still staunch advocates of these two "players with potential" out there?

dude just stop!

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
here is an example of perspective. Is Rashard Lewis good? Sure. Is Rashard Lewis making $22 million for the next 4 yerars bad? You better believe it.

Value is a word that is easily missed in concept.

I totally get value. In the Knicks situation they are actually getting value becuase they don't have a ton of money invested in Gallo anyway. But Darko on the other hand.

Put it like this Hawk. Now be honest. Is Darko doing anything right now at 5Milli that say Kwame Brown or Theo Ratliff couldn't do for the minimum? Thats not value to me, thats overpaying for mediocrity....

Mr Grim
11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
This thread is pathetic. OP should be banned for trolling and baiting. Gallo is too young and didnt play enough (missd most of his first year) to be just average (esp with a messed up wrist) and everyone knows Darko isnt that great. Seriously, what was the purpose of this thread other than to get a rise out of Knicks and Wolves fans?

save the knicks
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
OP must be Anucha Browne Sanders son

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I totally get value. In the Knicks situation they are actually getting value becuase they don't have a ton of money invested in Gallo anyway. But Darko on the other hand.

Put it like this Hawk. Now be honest. Is Darko doing anything right now at 5Milli that say Kwame Brown or Theo Ratliff couldn't do for the minimum? Thats not value to me, thats overpaying for mediocrity....

Ratliff is 80, the Wolves aren't interested in that. Kwame has an even longer history of being a bust. Fact is, Darko has played very well on defense, and can pass. When he goes to the rim, I cringe, aint gonna lie. But for $5 million a year, 3 years guaranteed, yep, I am still fine with it. Nobody ever said he was good, or would be good. Does he still have potential? Technically yes. Am I ever expecting him to be a legit starting center? Nope. But I really can't stress enough the minimal money he is paid amongst his peers at that position and height/age. Again, I posted it like 4 months ago, took me 30 minutes to put it together, so I am not wasting my time with it. But you would be amazed at how ok his deal looks when stacking him up against the NBA centers and their respected salaries

sintaks12
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Id say this is a fairly average thread.

This. :sleep:

Hawkeye15
Milicic will never outlive the #2 pick in the 2003 bust deal, and that is fair. But you have to step back when looking at a player's value, and take them for what they are.

Hawkeye15
This thread is pathetic. OP should be banned for trolling and baiting. Gallo is too young and didnt play enough (missd most of his first year) to be just average (esp with a messed up wrist) and everyone knows Darko isnt that great. Seriously, what was the purpose of this thread other than to get a rise out of Knicks and Wolves fans?

he is going specifically after me in regards to Milicic. Its ok though, I can hold my own :)

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Milicic will never outlive the #2 pick in the 2003 bust deal, and that is fair. But you have to step back when looking at a player's value, and take them for what they are.

Fair enough. You cringing when he gets the ball is a damn funny thing btw. I guess Im just trippin because of the huge oversale that Kahn did when he signed this guy. If he would've said something like what you said, ok I can roll with that. But he made the guy sound like Wilt Chamberlains long lost son or something!!

edit*

thanks for actually having a sense of humor by the way, you know I had to get on you about your boy!

Mr Grim
11-12-2010, 07:56 PM
I find it hilarious you're talking about horrible, but you act like Kwame Brown is some massive upgrade over Darko.

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 07:56 PM
I like Gallo. Always use him in 2k11 :)

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I like Gallo. Always use him in 2k11 :)

Nah man somebody on 2k11 was a serious Knick fan because that guy never misses. He's damn near invincible!

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Gallo 2night with 8 min left in the 3rd has 21pts shooting 4-8 from 3...

David_Stern
11-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Gallo is nothing more than a solid role player on a average team.

sargon21
11-15-2010, 01:11 AM
how does Gallo not have potential??

nycericanguy
11-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Maybe the wrist was a bigger factor to his slow start than we thought.

Last 5 games Gallo is averaging 23.2 PPG and is among the leaders at getting to the line. He's been crazy efficient.

In SAC - 27 points on 8 FGA
In LA - 31 points on 11 FGA

Despite the horrendous start and playing through a sprained wrist he is now at 17ppg and 40% from the field for the season.

Looks like he can be a legit 20ppg player this season.

rufo4100
11-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Darko has been on a tear lately...guess he didnt get the memo!