PDA

View Full Version : Coach's on the Hot Seat?

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
At the 8-10 game mark, its usually way too early to think about this, but with a handful of teams under major pressure to win, what coach's need to start making adjustments now? Or risk being removed...

Thoughts...

JB0B0
11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Erik Spoelstra and Vinny Del Negro

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 03:24 PM
At the 8-10 game mark, its usually way too early to think about this, but with a handful of teams under major pressure to win, what coach's need to start making adjustments now? Or risk being removed...

Thoughts...

i understand

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
spoelstra seems to be in the category your talking about. i think he better get that team in check, cause they all said this year isn't a gel year. they wanna win now. riley could coach that team and even more media attention. showtime 2.0.
eric might become Stan Van Jeremy 2.0...

td0tsfinest
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Well you gotta think Coach Spo is on the hot seat. The HEAT aren't starting the way some expected, fans are becoming a little restless and now Lebron is even questioning Spo.

If I had to name another coach, I would say John Kuester might be. I'm hearing he's bumping heads with a few of his players.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 03:31 PM
spoelstra seems to be in the category your talking about. i think he better get that team in check, cause they all said this year isn't a gel year. they wanna win now. riley could coach that team and even more media attention. showtime 2.0.
eric might become Stan Van Jeremy 2.0...

Erik is for sure the obvious answer for the reasons you listed above. But did most expect the Heat to just come out and dominate from game 1, or should it be expected that it would take a bit to gel. Here is what I don't like about how the Heat have played so far
They are using nearly the same pace/offense as last year, when they clearly need to get Wade and LeBron out in the open, and change their offense to fit their new personel. I think the Heat will be very good this year, and can challenge for a ring. But it will take a season or two in order to really fine tune the roster. Is Riley patient enough with Spol to allow this?

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Well you gotta think Coach Spo is on the hot seat. The HEAT aren't starting the way some expected, fans are becoming a little restless and now Lebron is even questioning Spo.

If I had to name another coach, I would say John Kuester might be. I'm hearing he's bumping heads with a few of his players.

lebron questioned spo? when

Vinny Del, once again. is he the man you want to mold blake griffin..

DoMeFavors
11-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Mike Dantoni

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Erik is for sure the obvious answer for the reasons you listed above. But did most expect the Heat to just come out and dominate from game 1, or should it be expected that it would take a bit to gel. Here is what I don't like about how the Heat have played so far
They are using nearly the same pace/offense as last year, when they clearly need to get Wade and LeBron out in the open, and change their offense to fit their new personel. I think the Heat will be very good this year, and can challenge for a ring. But it will take a season or two in order to really fine tune the roster. Is Riley patient enough with Spol to allow this?

hell no. these guys didn't take pay cut to spend time with one another. Evry1 said they would win 60+ games; not at the way they're playing. their capped out and teams with dynamite PG's are hurting them. No TRU inside presence.
After the "stage show" this summer, when they came out the ground and were as Barkley said "dancing like girls", they better win now. ESPN has a heat index.. its a microscope.

miller74
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Id say Jay Triano but im not quite sure he qualifies as a NBA coach

PistonsFan14
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Pistons arent expected to be contenders but John Kuester

jiggin
11-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Heat shouldn't throw the coach under the bus for something he can't control.

But they will...especially their "fans"

millerandco
11-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Coach Spo

he keeps talking about being on a different "timeline" to everyone else....but this just an excuse for playing bad

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Antoni first and foremost. He's actually got a roster now so there's no more excuses and he's exposed for what he is, a terrible coach.

I was going to say Rhambis with Minny but I think Love will probably leave town before him. When everybody is saying the same thing about Love i.e. "when he learns to play hard every possession..." they can't be all wrong.

Hunter48MVP
11-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Erik Spoelstra and Vinny Del Negro

agree

Hoopsadvocate
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM

IMO considering the record and opponents faced and number of games played hes still okay (not great) but if something dont change and we continue to struggle come january i think hes likely gone. Its not panic time "yet". If we lose to middle of the pack or lower teams like lets say the hawks or bulls then it will become a bigger red flag and he will definilty need to be reevaluated and possibly replaced sometime this year. But as is its not a huge deal. A concern yes but less than 10 games in and the opponents faced he gets the benefit of the doubt.