PDA

View Full Version : Bosh VS. Rogers cable.REAL BEEF!!

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Chris Bosh, the former Raptors all-star, has enumerated another reason why he’s happy to be playing in his native United States. Bosh told reporters in Miami on Thursday that his seven years in Toronto deprived him of what he called “the good cable.”

He was speaking of cable TV. He said he was glad to be living in Miami because he can now subscribe to League Pass, the pay package that carries every NBA game.

NBA types in Toronto couldn’t help but break out laughing, as they’ve been doing frequently when they’ve watched Bosh’s abysmal (albeit early) failure to fit into the Heat’s game plan. Bosh’s comments suggested that he spent more than half a decade in Toronto apparently unaware that League Pass is widely available in Canada. While Bosh clarified that his Etobicoke waterfront condo was exclusively loyal to a TV carrier that didn’t give residents that option, he was also apparently dumb to the fact that anyone with a brain and a bit of money — and Bosh made $15.6 million (U.S.) in his final season in Toronto — can arrange to have a grey-market U.S. satellite package installed in their home with one phone call.

“We should have informed him that he could have got (League Pass),” Jay Triano, the Raptors coach, said with a laugh. “I don’t remember one day when he came into practice and said he was mad because he didn’t have good cable.”
Really, it’s all about being on TV at the end of the day,” Bosh said. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 (points) and 10 (rebounds), and nobody really cares. If you don’t see it (on U.S. national TV), then it doesn’t really happen.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...article/889556.

How much does TV guide matter when you earn 100 million?
I know he wanted to be on TV more, you see the Rondo dunk last night?

Sadds The Gr8
11-12-2010, 03:05 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/Romulus32/ibtl.gif

Raph12
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Bosh is an idiot and one of the most overrated players in the league.

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Chris Bosh, the former Raptors all-star, has enumerated another reason why he’s happy to be playing in his native United States. Bosh told reporters in Miami on Thursday that his seven years in Toronto deprived him of what he called “the good cable.”

He was speaking of cable TV. He said he was glad to be living in Miami because he can now subscribe to League Pass, the pay package that carries every NBA game.

NBA types in Toronto couldn’t help but break out laughing, as they’ve been doing frequently when they’ve watched Bosh’s abysmal (albeit early) failure to fit into the Heat’s game plan. Bosh’s comments suggested that he spent more than half a decade in Toronto apparently unaware that League Pass is widely available in Canada. While Bosh clarified that his Etobicoke waterfront condo was exclusively loyal to a TV carrier that didn’t give residents that option, he was also apparently dumb to the fact that anyone with a brain and a bit of money — and Bosh made $15.6 million (U.S.) in his final season in Toronto — can arrange to have a grey-market U.S. satellite package installed in their home with one phone call.

“We should have informed him that he could have got (League Pass),” Jay Triano, the Raptors coach, said with a laugh. “I don’t remember one day when he came into practice and said he was mad because he didn’t have good cable.”
Really, it’s all about being on TV at the end of the day,” Bosh said. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 (points) and 10 (rebounds), and nobody really cares. If you don’t see it (on U.S. national TV), then it doesn’t really happen.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...article/889556.

How much does TV guide matter when you earn 100 million?
I know he wanted to be on TV more, you see the Rondo dunk last night?

yeah and when that happened the guy who wanted to be on TV was nowhere to be seen!
:rimshot:

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Bosh's comments over the years continue to amaze me.

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Bosh's comments over the years continue to amaze me.

is that better boss? i wanna get my videooo.

td0tsfinest
11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
wait Canada doesn't have league pass?

miller74
11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/Romulus32/ibtl.gif

lol Nice. Btown nice

I dislike Bosh as much as the next guy, have for years. But every little thing negative about him, thread pops up to bash him. Dont give him too much credit hes not worth all this attention on PSD.

Dol-Fan
11-12-2010, 03:24 PM
wait Canada doesn't have league pass?

WTF?! Did some sort of revolution happen that has rendered my city no longer a part of Canada?! I am frightened.

Sactown
11-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Another bashing/baiting thread close:facepalm:

sep11ie
11-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Note to Bosh, just because there is a mic in front of your face, you dont HAVE to say anything. Keep it zipped, kinda like what your daddy shoulda done.

The_905
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
^ over the years? His outlandish comments only started when he went to free agency, before that he was actually a very candid guy.

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Note to Bosh, just because there is a mic in front of your face, you dont HAVE to say anything. Keep it zipped, kinda like what your daddy shoulda done.

ouch....wow, that's cold brotha!

thescore53
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
hey people dont jump to conclusions. bosh said his building didn't get the good cable. im sure theres alot condominions in the u.s who are like that.

Focused1
Not gonna lie I'm a proud Born and Raised Canadian but our cable system sucks. I've had them all and I'm content with our tv stations as I work more than I have time to watch it, but this by far is the one of the dumbest things Chris Bosh could EVER say. Dude needs help as I don't earn half as what dude makes but one phone call I can get ANY station even if I have to get it Legally or Illegally

Usher8701
is this bosh bored or he can't handle all this media attention

thescore53
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Not gonna lie I'm a proud Born and Raised Canadian but our cable system sucks. I've had them all and I'm content with our tv stations as I work more than I have time to watch it, but this by far is the one of the dumbest things Chris Bosh could EVER say. Dude needs help as I don't earn half as what dude makes but one phone call I can get ANY station even if I have to get it Legally or Illegally

calm down dude. his words were twist by the media

D1JM
11-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Maybe he left Canada cuz his favorite soup opera was not televised? He is soft

Rivera
11-12-2010, 03:38 PM
another stupid comment by another miami heat player

ive been seein a lot of those lately

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Bosh needs something to watch during the playoffs after the 2nd round... lol

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
hey people dont jump to conclusions. bosh said his building didn't get the good cable. im sure theres alot condominions in the u.s who are like that.

But he didnt say his building didnt have cable. he said america got good tv. Rhetorically he punked canada,,,, not his CONDO

thescore53
11-12-2010, 04:09 PM
But he didnt say his building didnt have cable. he said america got good tv. Rhetorically he punked canada,,,, not his CONDO

In South Florida, Chris Bosh solves his cable problem
by Ethan J. Skolnick

Chris Bosh has kept tabs on his old team back in Toronto.

The Raptors visit Saturday.

“You hate to see your friends struggle,” Bosh said. “But we’ve all been there. It’s a part of the process. We all struggle in our different ways. You can struggle and still win games sometimes. You know, doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, so I’m sure they’re getting pretty strong right now.”

He’s seen five or six Raptors games.

“I have the package now,” he said.

NBA League Pass.

“It’s real nice,” he said, smiling. “It’s real nice.”

He didn’t have it in Toronto?

“It was impossible for me, because of my building,” Bosh said. “I didn’t have the good cable.”

Ten minutes after Bosh said this, good-naturedly, it became a controversy on Twitter, as if he was killing Toronto. I italized the above phrase because that’s what he was referencing. I suspect that many of us have lived in buildings like that, in the United States.

^^ read and weep.

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
^^ read and weep.

thing is, these guys with money got their tv and pc hooked up. i jus finshed my free trial period with league pass. way cool. crystal clear. it can go on the tv. push one button. now,,, bosh is a computer guy. and im sure max contracts allow u to know computer guys. nuff said about computers...

Brooklyn Mets
11-12-2010, 04:46 PM
wowwww what a moron..
wilt scored a 100 points in a game.. i didnt watch the game.. it still happened..

Dol-Fan
11-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Bosh needs something to watch during the playoffs after the season ends

fixed.