PDA

View Full Version : Lebron says that he and DWade getting too much PT

Southsideheat
11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-celticsheat111210

Here's a piece of the article.

After Thursday's loss to the Celtics at home, LeBron James said he and Dwyane Wade are having trouble closing out games because Heat coach Erik Spoelstra is playing them too much.

"For myself, 44 minutes is too much," James said. "I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out."

James was flat at the end of the loss tot he Celtics. As Wade and Chris Bosh stood by, James missed a layup, two free throws and clanked a 3-pointer off the side of the backboard.

ManRam
11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
In Spo's defense, LeBron was the only one of The Big Three really doing anything in the second half. If Spo wanted to win, LeBron had to be out there.

But that is definitely too many minutes for a regular season game. Spo has to figure out a better way to rotate the players in and out.

Sadds The Gr8
11-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I noticed it without even looking at the stats...Lebron was on the court pretty much the whole game...that bench is really weak w/o Mike Miller.

DaBUU
11-12-2010, 02:07 PM
everyday i feel better about not getting Lebron

prodigy
11-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Lebron went to Miami to party not play basketball. Common Spo your cramping his style.

nigerianking
11-12-2010, 02:13 PM
real competitors dont want to come out of the game

IndyFan
11-12-2010, 02:16 PM
:laugh2: too much playing time.

every other player in the NBA complains about not enough minutes. LBJ says he plays too much. hard to keep these guys satisfied.

:laugh:

redsox0717
11-12-2010, 02:17 PM
This isn't Cleveland LeBron. If Spoelstra allowed that bench to play more, the game would be even more out of reach.

GottaLoveCubs
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Maybe if they didn't go down by 25 to the celtics at one point, he could of come out of the game.

Cool007
11-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Really??? Did LeBron just say that??? How PATHETIC???

If I am Eric Spo., I would only play him about 20 minutes the next game and let him rest. Until his ego is check.

How can a player complaining about minutes??? I mean getting 40+ minutes??? Especially when they were playing another Contender Rival in Celtics. Rondo is about same age as Bron and he is AVERAGING 40+ minutes a night - while LeCoward plays 40+ minutes 1 night and he complains???

How stupid is that??? I guess he will be too tired to party if he is tired.

Man, I would be so happy if LeBron and Heat only win about 50-57 games and lose in 1st or 2nd round.

That would say a lot about how pathetic he is. With Cleveland, he won 66-games but after building and joining the super-friends team, he wins less and still gets out in the 2nd round and doesn't win a championship??? That would be PURE GOLD. That should say a lot.

Rivera
11-12-2010, 02:21 PM
waaaah waaah waaah

ray allen played 41 minutes last night

rondo played 40

lebron ur like 26 years old u should b able to handle 44min and bounce back the next day u aint old

rondo and ray allen both are averagin 40 min per game this season

lebron is averagin 37 min per game

and ray allen is like 10 years older than lebron

i dont see him cryin

and rondo is closer to LBJs age and rondo isnt complanin abt minutes

lebron really needs to STFU his ego is crazy

the one complaint i have abt the miami heat this season is i feel like they feel their entitled to respect....what has any of those 3 ever won in the NBA????.....they talk like they walk into an nba arena and expect the other team to lay down

lebron said yesterday "i feel like teams are taking cheap shots" really?? this is the NBA man up and take a cheap shot back bosh "i feel lost" really?? well u look lost to dwade last night "we are the best 5 and 4 team in the nba" thats just a pathetic comment to make the fact is u guys are 5 and 4 u guys have real problems the heat look real good against bad competion the heat look like the cleveland cavs against good competition (except in the 2nd half against orlando)

miami heat....STFU and play and win more games and fix ur problems....

i know they will b fine....when u have 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA they will figure it out.........but they are whinning to god damn much and i expected better outta wade on the court and in the press conference

jp611
11-12-2010, 02:23 PM
they asked to be on this team... he should have known they wouldnt have a bench playing together... god this guys such a diva

redsox0717
11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah Rondo played 40 great minutes with plantar fasciitis, and LeBron's crying about 44. :facepalm:

The Heat are soft. I guarantee you no one on the Celtics would ever complain about playing too many minutes.

ugafan
11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
waaaah waaah waaah

rondo played 40

lebron ur like 26 years old u should b able to handle 44min and bounce back the next day u aint old

i dont see him cryin

the one complaint i have abt the miami heat this season is i feel like they feel their entitled to respect....what has any of those 3 ever won in the NBA????.....they talk like they walk into an nba arena and expect the other team to lay down

lebron said yesterday "i feel like teams are taking cheap shots" really?? this is the NBA man up and take a cheap shot back bosh "i feel lost" really?? well u look lost to dwade last night "we are the best 5 and 4 team in the nba" thats just a pathetic comment to make the fact is u guys are 5 and 4 u guys have real problems the heat look real good against bad competion the heat look like the cleveland cavs against good competition (except in the 2nd half against orlando)

i know they will b fine....when u have 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA they will figure it out.........but they are whinning to god damn much and i expected better outta wade on the court and in the press conference

It would be considerably easier to understand what you're saying and take it into contemplation if you used half-decent grammar. I know it's not English class or anything, but when somebody can't understand what you're saying, it's on you.

LeBron is right about this but there's no way for Spo to satisfy their needs with the **** bench they have. Mike Miller is crucial to the team.

Cool007
11-12-2010, 02:25 PM
waaaah waaah waaah

rondo played 40

i dont see him cryin

:clap: +1.

I am really amazed and I actually question LeBron as a competitor and how much he "Loves" basketball???

I didn't think I ever see this day. It's totally fitting. I can't win a ring as a best player so I join other best players (at their positions).
:facepalm:

jeter4president
11-12-2010, 02:26 PM
hes gonna get killed for sayin this...and i hate lebron, but i understand where he is coming from here.

44 minutes is too many. the biggest thing for the heat this year is going to be learning how to put together thier rotations.

Sadds The Gr8
11-12-2010, 02:27 PM
It would be considerably easier to understand what you're saying and take it into contemplation if you used half-decent grammar. I know it's not English class or anything, but when somebody can't understand what you're saying, it's on you.

LeBron is right about this but there's no way for Spo to satisfy their needs with the **** bench they have. Mike Miller is crucial to the team.

nice sig

redsox0717
11-12-2010, 02:28 PM

If you can't read that, then I think the problem lies more with your reading ability than his grammar.

Southsideheat
As great as Lebron is, he may not worth all the crap that surrounds him. Crazy to think about.

Teeboy1487
Really Lebron? What a baby this guy is. I guess he could not do this for the good of the team. This was a very selfish remark imo. I'm really starting to lose respect for this guy. I never have held anything against Lebron but some of his comments are just plain stupid and obnoxious.

SpeeMN
11-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I think Heat would be better off if they TRADED LEBRON.

They could get some stars from a team and picks. Off the top of my head I bet the Blazers would give Andre Miller, B Roy, and Greg Oden, plus maybe a conditional pick.
Lebron is a diva and really takes away from DWade's game.

Cool007
11-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah Rondo played 40 great minutes with plantar fasciitis, and LeBron's crying about 44. :facepalm:

The Heat are soft. I guarantee you no one on the Celtics would ever complain about playing too many minutes.

Exactly. Rondo playing with plantar Fasciitis, Rose playing with Turf Toe, and Ellis playing with bad back, and few others are playing through injuries and doing everything that team needs to win - and that includes playing heavy minutes.

LeBron complaining about 1 game is really showing how POOR competitor he is and how he is so different than truly great ones (MJ/Kobe/Isiah/etc).

mikantsass
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Is there anything that this guy doesnt complain about?

mikantsass
11-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Exactly. Rondo playing with plantar Fasciitis, Rose playing with Turf Toe, and Ellis playing with bad back, and few others are playing through injuries and doing everything that team needs to win - and that includes playing heavy minutes.

LeBron complaining about 1 game is really showing how POOR competitor he is and how he is so different than truly great ones (MJ/Kobe/Isiah/etc).

Absolutely! you never heard any of the great players (even ones without rings) complain about teams being too physical and competitive either.

J4KOP99
11-12-2010, 02:42 PM
He really does make it incredibly hard for those who try to back him up...

Carey
11-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I think it's being a little overblown but at the same time you certaintly dont want your player second guessing your coach. It's not like he's gonna play that much every game, it was a big game and he rode his best guys, it happens all around the league, def. not worth a public comment, he should especially know better because people cant wait to find some negative with the Heat.

kblo247
11-12-2010, 02:49 PM
To be fair this is what happens when you choose being top heavy over depth.

Lebron is used to playing with a deep team that gave him time to rest and even sit games out. Miami isn't that kind of team at all. They also aren't tailor made to fit his 6 foot 8 version of Allen Iverson play style since they aren't filled with spot up shooters and garbage men who clean the glass and defend.

The fact that they have a target on their *** this year and genuinely act like they didn't expect to be gunned for isn't helping matters either.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 02:50 PM
2 things here
1- yes, that is too many minutes for a regular season game
2- um, if you don't want to be forced to play a lot of minutes, tell Wade, Bosh, and the rest of the team to start blowing out teams like you are expected to do, and you can rest some

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/minutes

James #19 in the league in mpg, Wade #39.

Quit complaining.

kblo247
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
2 things here
1- yes, that is too many minutes for a regular season game
2- um, if you don't want to be forced to play a lot of minutes, tell Wade, Bosh, and the rest of the team to start blowing out teams like you are expected to do, and you can rest some

Or option 3

Man up and cut off the damn PGs that are killing your team. There is no rule that says a SG (Wade) or SF can't step up and defend a PG when they are clearly what has been kicking your *** this season.

Kobe did it during the 3 peat, and did it again with Westbrook last year. Pippen did it for years and against Magic. MJ would step up and do it. Michael Cooper did it for years against Isiah because Magic couldn't.

If LeBron or Wade for that matter, man up and take the challenge of playing actual defense instead of bull **** chase down blocks or passing lane steals, the Heat actually might make it out the east. If they continue to hide and go for the highlight reel gambles then they will be destroyed By Boston in a 7 game series.

Raph12
11-12-2010, 02:56 PM
That's with 5 mins of OT, 39mins is no biggie, grow a pair Lebron and stop making excuses.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2010, 03:02 PM
LeBron had to blame to loss on something, its obvious this Heat team was a terrible mistake. LeBron I can understand was tired though for the entire 4th quarter to get points he would go in for a layup and a hard foul would occur. Its obvious Pat Riley gives LeBron what he wants and soon Pat Riley will be the coach.

Voodoo Alchemy
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
maybe it's the race card again...white master working the black man too much syndrome. this guy is a complete joke. i've lost total respect for lebron.

Chacarron
11-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Put this in the Heat forum.

Cool007
11-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Or option 3

Man up and cut off the damn PGs that are killing your team. There is no rule that says a SG (Wade) or SF can't step up and defend a PG when they are clearly what has been kicking your *** this season.

Kobe did it during the 3 peat, and did it again with Westbrook last year. Pippen did it for years and against Magic. MJ would step up and do it. Michael Cooper did it for years against Isiah because Magic couldn't.

If LeBron or Wade for that matter, man up and take the challenge of playing actual defense instead of bull **** chase down blocks or passing lane steals, the Heat actually might make it out the east. If they continue to hide and go for the highlight reel gambles then they will be destroyed By Boston in a 7 game series.

That's a GOOD POINT.

People don't realize that MJ and Pip weren't just good because they were good offensive players but they were great coz they were not only good defenders but they were like "SHUT DOWN" defenders.

They would take on the challenge of defending the best perimeter player on the other teams and basically shut them down or make it so hard.

LeBron and Wade can be amazing on offense all they want but if they Really want to win a title, then they need to just man up and defend the best perimeter player and basically either shut them down or make their life miserable.

Until that happens, they will be good but not great.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Or option 3

maybe, but Allen was crushing them, and LeBron is not quick enough to guard Rondo. That is a coach's decision, to make adjustments. And let's be honest, Erik is no Phil.

lvlheaded
11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
When he came into the league, I loved LeBron. He wasnt even on my team and he was my favorite player. I no longer respect this man.

He asked for this. He wanted to go to Miami and win however many rings he thought he was gonna win. He knew the risks of teaming up with all of those stars. He knew they might struggle on the bench, and they do. Man up. Be the "superstar" you say you are. I have never heard anything so ridiculous. Too many minutes? GTFO. You brought this upon yourself, now deal with it and prove that this "super team" you built is the team you and your butt buddies claimed it would be. Play the minutes and STFU LeBum.

kblo247
11-12-2010, 03:15 PM
That's a GOOD POINT.

People don't realize that MJ and Pip weren't just good because they were good offensive players but they were great coz they were not only good defenders but they were like "SHUT DOWN" defenders.

They would take on the challenge of defending the best perimeter player on the other teams and basically shut them down or make it so hard.

LeBron and Wade can be amazing on offense all they want but if they Really want to win a title, then they need to just man up and defend the best perimeter player and basically either shut them down or make their life miserable.

Until that happens, they will be good but not great.

Pippen was the best perimeter defender that I remembered watching as a kid. He was just great and our coach used to show us tapes of him just defending.

GMEN4EVER
11-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Lol, chill out guys. I'm a bit of a Lebron hater as well after this past summer's fiasco, but he has a bit of a point here. 44 min against the celtics is too much. Rondo and Ray Allen playin 40 doesn't quite measure up, there's a big difference in weight there.

People tend to forget that as big as Lebron is it takes an immense amount of physical stamina to move like he does continually for the course of the game. You don't see players his size on the wing and dominating the ball for his team playing that many minutes. He should be given a short rest each quarter if there aren't a lot of fouls to slow the game down.

It's simple sports science, someone that large moving that fast and changing directions that much is going to wear themselves out over the course of a professional sporting event. He may be able to suck it up and continue to play, but he won't be at peak ability at the end, adrenaline only will take you so far. He's correct on this one when he says he needs to be fresher for the end to win close games. He may have screwed up a ton this year, but as dumb as he sounds saying this he's actually making a logical assessment here.

KobeHater
11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
lebron is not making excuses, he is simply bashing the coach. he could not say it straight so he decided to find something to complain about. lebron played a lot of mins in Cleveland and never complained. it is clear that he wants to see Riley as coach

kblo247
11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
maybe, but Allen was crushing them, and LeBron is not quick enough to guard Rondo. That is a coach's decision, to make adjustments. And let's be honest, Erik is no Phil.

The point is that he could at least try. No matter how you slice it, he didn't try to cut off Rondo's lanes and angles which has a lot more to do with fundamental defensive IQ than quickness last night or last playoffs either vs Boston. He just sat back and watched Rondo rip through them and cause the trickle down effect of the other C's getting off. You have to at least attempt to take that challenge as the best player and leader of your team. It just sends the wrong message to others if you don't at least give it a shot, regardless of whether you fail at it or not.

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Haha, much ado about nothing.....

The media is going to destroy this team, and I'm gonna enjoy watching it burn.
Too much heat in Miami LeBron? haha.

td0tsfinest
11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
If your team is down by 20 going into the half, then expect to play big minutes. With Lebron and Wade on the floor for extended minutes, they cut down the lead but the HEAT would have no chance with either one (esp. Lebron) sitting out for a long period.

n83417
11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
LeBron's problem is he has never, and probably will never play for a coach that he will listen to. Granted, Eric Spoelstra sucks, but LBJ is not coachable. Everything is always everyone else's fault.

Man up, stop crying about everything.

n83417
11-12-2010, 03:25 PM
lebron is not making excuses, he is simply bashing the coach. he could not say it straight so he decided to find something to complain about. lebron played a lot of mins in Cleveland and never complained. it is clear that he wants to see Riley as coach

That is equi-pathetic.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
waaaah waaah waaah

rondo played 40

i dont see him cryin

Ray has basketball character. Lebron doesn't.

Last year in BOS, Lebron QUIT. He QUIT!!! I don't care if he had a near triple double in a game. If you watched the games, that was obvious. His stats don't show how much he tried, they show just how supremely talented he is. But all that talent won't mean **** until he starts to hold himself accountable. He needs to grow up. He surrounds himself w/ his groupies who only tell him what he wants to hear. And then when people critisize him, they're just racists. When will he look in the mirror and say that maybe he has to do things differently? Lebron has not rings. But he tries to place all the blame on other people. Lebron: YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM TOO. He thins he can just do what he wants and leave it up to others to do their part. The great ones rally team and say "hop on my back" when the team is struggling. Lebron says "why should I try if you're not going to do their part. The only reason he has a chance for a ring in MIA is because Wade, a REAL leader and superstar is there.

krazylegz
11-12-2010, 03:27 PM
wow,how this miami thing just isnt working out......not surprised though

12to85
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
What should I do?...

FOBolous
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Lebron is starting to get a little Tmac-esque. That's bad.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 03:30 PM
MIA has 3 superstars, but they only have only 1 set of balls between them. And they belong to Wade.

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 03:31 PM
MIA has 3 superstars, but they only have only 1 set of balls between them. And they belong to Wade.

I'm really enjoying the one liners today.....keep em coming, PSD!

thescore53
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
seriouosly get off the heats nuts. people are gonna twist their words alot.

Squad13
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM

:laugh:

Avenged
11-12-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm actually surprised by this. No excuses, play the game. This just adds more pressure to the coach if anything.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm really enjoying the one liners today.....keep em coming, PSD!

It's not even a one liner - it's the truth. Bosh is a panzy and LBJ is only conerned w/ "getting his." He doesn't see how stats are not the only way a team's best player should contribute. When things happen like last night, he looks around like "What's wrong. I'm doing my part. Where are all of you." That's not how a player of his caliber should act.

Southsideheat
11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
That's way players play, and GM's Generally manage.

Elway=goat
11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-celticsheat111210

Here's a piece of the article.

I posted the same topic, with the same link and my thread got locked for hating?

Whatever, can you imagin Jordan or Kobe complaing that he was getting too many minutes? Lebron is the first athlete I have ever heard make that excuse.

lvlheaded
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
What should I do, admit I was wrong and apologize....nah screw that, im gonna keep being a dick!

-Eric Cartman AKA The Coon

Congrats LeBron, everyone is talking about you, just like you wanted.

J4KOP99
11-12-2010, 03:41 PM
LeBron probably should have thought about this before he went to Miami. Who does he want to come in as a sub? Nobody on that roster not named LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Illgauskus, House, and Haslem can play against a team like the celtics. LeBron HAS to play those minutes if they are even going to have a chance at beating good teams like that.

This is where the absolute lack of depth kills the Heat. Even when Miller comes back, they still will have to play big minutes.

Hustlenomics
11-12-2010, 03:42 PM
lol wow I thought he would be used to playing 40 minutes a game Iverson would always play 48 min a game in his prime and not complain how about when Lebron hits 30?

jcheefness23
11-12-2010, 03:47 PM
If I was the Gm, Owner, or coach, I'd say "for $110 million dollars, your *** better be able to play for 44 minutes!!!!" Lol what an idiot.

jiggin
11-12-2010, 03:47 PM
lebron has played in 557 games. he has played 22,446 minutes in his career. Do the math.

That is an average of 40 minutes a game. SO...that extra 4 minutes is killing him? Seriously? Looking back, he has played many many many games over that 40 minute mark...so why all the sudden is this something that he is talking about and using just 9 games into the season as they lose ballgames to superior (at least right at the current time) teams?

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES. Look at the numbers before you open your mouth moron. 40 minutes is normal for you in your career.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 03:50 PM
lebron has played in 557 games. he has played 22,446 minutes in his career. Do the math.

That is an average of 40 minutes a game. SO...that extra 4 minutes is killing him? Seriously? Looking back, he has played many many many games over that 40 minute mark...so why all the sudden is this something that he is talking about and using just 9 games into the season as they lose ballgames to superior (at least right at the current time) teams?

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES. Look at the numbers before you open your mouth moron. 40 minutes is normal for you in your career.

Because it's either that or admit his 4th quarter play last night wasn't good. And we all know that Lebron doesn't like to man up and take responsibility.

ldawg
11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Lebron seem to say all the wrong things but this one takes the cake. This is a first. Stop quiting on your coach. How many coaches are you going to get fired? 44 min in a big game is not out of the ordinary what are you talking about, man up already. On cavs you complain you do not have help even though you did now you complain about minutes. Did i read this mess for real or am i dreaming? I must be dreaming.

millerandco
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
if you want to play less.....i suggest start winning

lvlheaded
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't know if anyone has seen this commercial but its Clevelands response to LeBron's rise commercial. If you have a second, watch it, its pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgD9HNTMkM

The Chosen 1 tattoo really doesn't fit, he didn't do what he said he was CHOSEN to do

kblo247
11-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I do wonder how people are going to spout off the Lebron makes his teammates better argument if Bosh, Wade, and those guys continue on a semi-statistical path. That would add them to a long list of players that have played worse in their career and were neutered to fit Lebron's over grown, Allen Iverson style of basketball.

Come to think about it, Lebron and AI actually have some similarities when you look at their career and the type of players that they excel playing with.

kblo247
11-12-2010, 03:57 PM
if you want to play less.....i suggest start winning

or get in foul trouble ... I'm just saying :p

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 03:59 PM
or get in foul trouble ... I'm just saying :p

Lebron couldn't get into foul trouble if he walked up to the official and kneed him in the balls.

lvlheaded
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Lebron couldn't get into foul trouble if he walked up to the official and kneed him in the balls.

:laugh: :clap:

millerandco
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM

haha X2

kblo247
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM

:clap: you win :D

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I do wonder how people are going to spout off the Lebron makes his teammates better argument if Bosh, Wade, and those guys continue on a semi-statistical path. That would add them to a long list of players that have played worse in their career and were neutered to fit Lebron's over grown, Allen Iverson style of basketball.

Come to think about it, Lebron and AI actually have some similarities when you look at their career and the type of players that they excel playing with.

Lebron is much different than AI. AI just wasn't interested in passing the ball ofr playing team ball. Lebron does everything, but he fails to see the game beyond statistics. He doesn't lead his team like the best player should. He just get his and waits for his teamates to do their part. He doesn't coach them up, motivate them, or even care. He faisl to see that a star basketball player should be made up of more than stats. Guys like Kobe, MJ, Bird, Wade, and even KG understand that there is more to being the best player on a team than how many points/assists/rebounds you get. Lebron doesn't.

tr4shb0t
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Winning is not important to him, clearly

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 04:04 PM

to further your point, this is why I'm against rookies coming into the league already with the mark of 'franchise player' attached to them. Not to do the Kobe d*c* riding thing, but hell, look how he came into the league, and how he had to earn his way onto a roster and work to get to his position atop the basketball world.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Winning is not important to him, clearly

It is important to him. But not for the right reasons. Kobe, MJ, Bird, KG, Wade, etc. want to win for the sake of winning. They love it. Lebron wants to win because it helps his brand. I don't see a competitor's mentality from him.

kblo247
11-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Lebron is much different than AI. AI just wasn't interested in passing the ball ofr playing team ball. Lebron does everything, but he fails to see the game beyond statistics. He doesn't lead his team like the best player should. He just get his and waits for his teamates to do their part. He doesn't coach them up, motivate them, or even care. He faisl to see that a star basketball player should be made up of more than stats. Guys like Kobe, MJ, Bird, Wade, and even KG understand that there is more to being the best player on a team than how many points/assists/rebounds you get. Lebron doesn't.

I meant that they are similar with their constant pounding of the basketball, not knowing when to shut up, and them expecting guys to play hard on D and consistent offensively with no actual rhythm (the case for all their sidekicks who don't get to play with the ball in their hands regularly after playing with them).

They also both play that phantom defense and were blessed physical specimens that overly relied on athleticism, over improving the weaker facets of their game.

kblo247
11-12-2010, 04:10 PM
It is important to him. But not for the right reasons. Kobe, MJ, Bird, KG, Wade, etc. want to win for the sake of winning. They love it. Lebron wants to win because it helps his brand. I don't see a competitor's mentality from him.

That billionaire comment he made really rubbed some the wrong way a while back. He needs someone to just ***** slap him once, say child please, and you are going to do things my way since you haven't won ****. Riley could be that guy.

kblo247
11-12-2010, 04:13 PM
to further your point, this is why I'm against rookies coming into the league already with the mark of 'franchise player' attached to them. Not to do the Kobe d*c* riding thing, but hell, look how he came into the league, and how he had to earn his way onto a roster and work to get to his position atop the basketball world.

T-Mac, KG, and JO did the same thing. All those players had to climb their way up the ranks and earn every minute before they got to start or get recognition on another team. They and Kobe were all teens coming in, but they were made into men by having to work for what they wanted and not having their teams just give them the world early on.

Hoopsadvocate
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
im on the fence. Because while 44 mins is a lot rondo and allen played close to the same amount. But then u gotta think rondo and allen werent putting as much physical strain as lebron was running into screens and bodies every time he went near the basket. Allen runs around but doesnt really take too much of a physical beating in his minutes. Rondo is a better example though but he still doesnt get hit nearly as much as lebron/wade.

BUT... at the same time i undertand he needed to be in the game because he was the only one playing well. Its a shame wade hasnt shown up in either of the two games against the celtics if not it would be a diff story. Because other than that lebron has sat a lot avg only 37 min a game. I see a lot of people bring that up but hes not talking about overall min just minutes during a game like last nights were he needs to be fresh coming into the fourth to finish strong. Which can be on Spolestra because he should keep guys fresh for the fourth but at the same time last nights game wasnt the greatest example as again lebron was the only wing playing well on our team.

Its suspect. Overall hes right but he shouldnt be voicing it as a complaint but he is right... Nobody can say they wouldnt want their best players fresh in the fourth to close out a game, instead of playing them exhausted.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 04:15 PM
That billionaire comment he made really rubbed some the wrong way a while back. He needs someone to just ***** slap him once, say child please, and you are going to do things my way since you haven't won ****. Riley could be that guy.

What he needs to do is stop surrounding himself w/ idiots. He's been pampered all of his life so he has no concept of what's right to say and what's wrong. His homies just tell him whatever he says is right.

lvlheaded
11-12-2010, 04:18 PM
What he needs to do is stop surrounding himself w/ idiots. He's been pampered all of his life so he has no concept of what's right to say and what's wrong. His homies just tell him whatever he says is right.

Should I not listen to my friends? There my friends!

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Should I not listen to my friends? There my friends!

He should just keep acting like a dick... lol

ShakeN'Bake
11-12-2010, 04:20 PM
im on the fence. Because while 44 mins is a lot rondo and allen played close to the same amount. But then u gotta think rondo and allen werent putting as much physical strain as lebron was running into screens and bodies every time he went near the basket. Allen runs around but doesnt really take too much of a physical beating in his minutes. Rondo is a better example though but he still doesnt get hit nearly as much as lebron/wade.

Wait isn't Ray so old that he shouldn't have an energy at all?

Hoopsadvocate
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Wait isn't Ray so old that he shouldn't have an energy at all?

thats what half my post was about. The difference in energy exhausted. Lebron running around and talking hits and bumps and driving and shooting and rebounding while ray uses his energy mostly using screens to get open and shoot its not nearly the same amount of fatigue that goes on ur body. But yes ray is in excellent condition i like him. Though i hate when he makes those 3s against my team.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
thats what half my post was about. The difference in energy exhausted. Lebron running around and talking hits and bumps and driving and shooting and rebounding while ray uses his energy mostly using screens to get open and shoot its not nearly the same amount of fatigue that goes on ur body. But yes ray is in excellent condition i like him. Though i hate when he makes those 3s against my team.

Ray probably does more running on the court than any player in the NBA. He constantly runs from one side to other. And then if it isn't open, he goes back to the other side. He is probably the best conditioned player in the league, even at 35.

Rivera
11-12-2010, 04:28 PM

BUT... at the same time i undertand he needed to be in the game because he was the only one playing well. Its a shame wade hasnt shown up in either of the two games against the celtics if not it would be a diff story. Because other than that lebron has sat a lot avg only 37 min a game. I see a lot of people bring that up but hes not talking about overall min just minutes during a game like last nights were he needs to be fresh coming into the fourth to finish strong. Which can be on Spolestra because he should keep guys fresh for the fourth but at the same time last nights game wasnt the greatest example as again lebron was the only wing playing well on our team.

Its suspect. Overall hes right but he shouldnt be voicing it as a complaint but he is right... Nobody can say they wouldnt want their best players fresh in the fourth to close out a game, instead of playing them exhausted.

u were soooo close SOOOO CLOSEEE to bashing lebron

u almost want to i can seee it

but ur homerism wont let u

i understand the point abt bein fresh for the 4th but COME ON play ball

thats life

and ray allen runs around screens all day that wasnt lebron chasing ray it was wade

Rivera
11-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Ray probably does more running on the court than any player in the NBA. He constantly runs from one side to other. And then if it isn't open, he goes back to the other side. He is probably the best conditioned player in the league, even at 35.

ray allen n rip hamilton n kobe bryant

top 3 condition players in the league

ShakeN'Bake
11-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Ya, sorry didn't mean to bust your balls or anything. I totally agree with your first post. I was just using your first part to take a little jab at everyone who has been calling the Celts too old.

Although I do think Lebron should not have opened his mouth and should just play. He can rest when Miller gets back.

Hunter48MVP
11-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Shut up LeBron. He is always whining and crying.

millerandco
11-12-2010, 04:42 PM
i''d give up my left ball to play 2 min in the nba and this guy is complaining of playing...PLEASE

Mplsman
11-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Suck it up LBJ.

Hoopsadvocate
11-12-2010, 05:33 PM
u were soooo close SOOOO CLOSEEE to bashing lebron

u almost want to i can seee it

but ur homerism wont let u

i understand the point abt bein fresh for the 4th but COME ON play ball
thats life

and ray allen runs around screens all day that wasnt lebron chasing ray it was wade

Theres a difference between bashing and criticizing. Kids bash adults criticize with backing up the reason not just spewing insults remember that. And i did i agree with the bold that wat i was saying that was my knock on the situation.

IM not saying ray doesnt exhuast himself but i am saying he doesnt exhaust as much as lebron so saying they almost played the same minutes is missleading as running a lot is one thing. But running a lot and then jumping a lot (dunking/rebounding) and taking hits and falling down (driving in) is a lot more when u add it up.

Rivera
11-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Theres a difference between bashing and criticizing. Kids bash adults criticize with backing up the reason not just spewing insults remember that. And i did i agree with the bold that wat i was saying that was my knock on the situation.

IM not saying ray doesnt exhuast himself but i am saying he doesnt exhaust as much as lebron so saying they almost played the same minutes is missleading as running a lot is one thing. But running a lot and then jumping a lot (dunking/rebounding) and taking hits and falling down (driving in) is a lot more when u add it up.

but my point is that lebron wasnt chasing ray around screens and running into them wade as

metsbulls1025
11-12-2010, 05:47 PM
There is a lot of problems here.

1. Lebron never call his coach out in Cleveland.

2. Lebron never complained about playing time in Cleveland.

3. Lebron has never been in this situation before where the weight of the world is on his shoulders and he is a marked man.

I know people want to talk about they just need time to gel, but it goes way beyond that. Wade and Lebron need the ball. When Wade has the ball Lebron is no where to be found and vice verse. That won't change. Then on top of that since Bosh really isn't a defensive presence he has now become the most over paid player in the NBA. You can't coach or gel through actions like complaining to the media. Things like that will only make the team worse and make the frustration grow. We have seen it several times this year in baseball and football.

Illinirob83
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
hes gonna get killed for sayin this...and i hate lebron, but i understand where he is coming from here.

44 minutes is too many. the biggest thing for the heat this year is going to be learning how to put together thier rotations.

agreed, I am no fan of LBJ but he is right, 44 minutes is too much. However, don't say it in public that you are getting too many minutes, you will just become more of a prima-donna, dramaqueen like Farve. He is basically calling out his coach that his sub patterns aren't good. Just shut up and play what you are asked to play on this glorified AAU team.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
this is what lebron needs to do.....

http://media.photobucket.com/image/the%20wambulance/justsomedude1111111/wambulance.jpg?o=6

xxcubs22xx
11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow.

Lebron's a joke.

I really feel bad for the Heat after reading this

mlisica19
11-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Just heard this on ESPN.
I think its hilarious, this is exactly what I was talking about when I said Lebron is not the best player in the league. This is when I say this is great talent in the wrong mind, this is an immature player who gave up everything he had in his hometown for an easy path to the championship and hes gonna learn the hardway that it wont be that easy.

Ill be shocked if he wins more than 3 championships in his entire career the way hes acting since his arrival.

What happen to the type of players who died for those minutes, the guys who fought hard no matter what team they were on. If my memory served me right, Jordan did all that. Ewing did all that.

And sometiems you come out on top and sometimes you come out a hero but Lebron will go out a loser. At least in my eyes thus far

Illinirob83
11-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Just heard this on ESPN.
I think its hilarious, this is exactly what I was talking about when I said Lebron is not the best player in the league. This is when I say this is great talent in the wrong mind, this is an immature player who gave up everything he had in his hometown for an easy path to the championship and hes gonna learn the hardway that it wont be that easy.

Ill be shocked if he wins more than 3 championships in his entire career the way hes acting since his arrival.

What happen to the type of players who died for those minutes, the guys who fought hard no matter what team they were on. If my memory served me right, Jordan did all that. Ewing did all that.

And sometiems you come out on top and sometimes you come out a hero but Lebron will go out a loser. At least in my eyes thus far

This

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 06:00 PM
anyone care about what question led to him making that statement about minutes? You know like context? No? Ok.

J4KOP99
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Larry Bird probably hears this **** and shakes his head... A guy who gave it his all every single ****ing night he played. Bird played so damn hard he cut his career down significantly but I gaurantee you that if you ask Bird whether or not he would have done anything different he would say no.

Man up LeBron. Prove us all wrong. Shut up and play hard.

Illinirob83
11-12-2010, 06:06 PM
anyone care about what question led to him making that statement about minutes? You know like context? No? Ok.

what other context can "44 minutes is too much"?

RaiderLakersA's
11-12-2010, 06:23 PM

The best zinger of 2010!!! :clap:

dodie53
11-12-2010, 06:57 PM
no energy left to party.
hehe

d00d
11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
he said he went to Miami because he wouldn't have to score 30 every night now. Now he says he went to Miami to sit on the bench more. This guy is 1 millionth the man MJ was. He has no heart, no killer in him

Tony_Starks
11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
what other context can "44 minutes is too much"?

Im thinking

"hey Lebron what do you think about the amount of minutes you played tonight?"

..."44 minutes is too much"

is a little bit different than

"Hey Lebron hows it going?"

"HOWS IT GOING?..... 44 minutes is too much!!"

but thats just me

Elway=goat
11-12-2010, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-s5UPWVH8

Lebron, contradiction. Amazing how much things can change within a week.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-s5UPWVH8&feature=player_embedded

Lebron, contradiction. Amazing how much things can change within a week.

What did you expect him to do? Admit that he didn't play as well as he could have in the 4th last night!!!!!!!! Yeah right. Lebron doesn't admit mistakes ever. He looks for someone to blame.

ink
11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
This forum is really starting to suck and blow. We get no intelligent discussion any more. Just fighting and hating on players. What a complete waste of server space. :pity: It's really sad. I opened up the NBA forum just now and I thought I was in the garbage forum by mistake.

Elway=goat
11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
This forum is really starting to suck and blow. We get no intelligent discussion any more. Just fighting and hating on players. What a complete waste of server space. :pity: It's really sad. I opened up the NBA forum just now and I thought I was in the garbage forum by mistake.

But, this is a legit topic. Arguably the most popular player in the league, has done nothing but say and do controversal things and you expect people not to talk about it, or have an opinion on it?

A team with players telling us how great they were going to be and win 7 titles, etc. When they fail people will talk about it. With respect everything cant be fun and rosy, if everyone only talked about the positive(which with lebron and the heat so far there hasnt been much) things would be alot more boring, and the board alot less active.

I would respectfully dissagree with you sir.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 07:25 PM

How come there can be a thread about what Noah said about KG where everyone just calls KG a ***** or one where Haslem calls Pierce out but the thread about what Pierce said about Lebron gets shut down?

ink
11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
But, this is a legit topic. Arguably the most popular player in the league, has done nothing but say and do controversal things and you expect people not to talk about it, or have an opinion on it?

A team with players telling us how great they were going to be and win 7 titles, etc. When they fail people will talk about it. With respect everything cant be fun and rosy, if everyone only talked about the positive(which with lebron and the heat so far there hasnt been much) things would be alot more boring, and the board alot less active.

I would respectfully dissagree with you sir.

Look, I hate Lebron as much as anyone else OK? Does that mean that I have to obsess about it moronically? No. There are 29 other teams in the league so there is a lot more to talk about. This right here is gossip material that a real fan wouldn't give a damn about. Basically you say, meh, Lebron and move on. For starters, the thread started with a misquote just like so many other threads today. People skim the article or misread the headline and then post something incorrect as if it's fact. In the interview Lebron pointed out that he AND DWade were playing too much. That is NOT a controversial statement unless a person is just a fan who wants to get upset.

ink
11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
How come there can be a thread about what Noah said about KG where everyone just calls KG a ***** or one where Haslem calls Pierce out but the thread about what Pierce said about Lebron gets shut down?

There were so many ******** threads today it's hard to keep up. And there are other mods. Ask them. What I do know that the Heat baiting is getting chronic and it has turned this into the garbage forum. I just closed a Pierce thread when I logged on because it was full of fighting, insults, and was started with another inaccurate quote. Either there is a real lack of reading comprehension among basketball fans on this forum or people are willfully trying to dumb down the forum. Either way, we don't want it.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Look, I hate Lebron as much as anyone else OK? Does that mean that I have to obsess about it moronically? No. There are 29 other teams in the league so there is a lot more to talk about. This right here is gossip material that a real fan wouldn't give a damn about. Basically you say, meh, Lebron and move on. For starters, the thread started with a misquote just like so many other threads today. People skim the article or misread the headline and then post something incorrect as if it's fact. In the interview Lebron pointed out that he AND DWade were playing too much. That is NOT a controversial statement unless a person is just a fan who wants to get upset.

Lebron is making an excuse here. I think this actually a very relevant topic. My biggest issue w/ Lebron is that he always points the finger else where. He never stands up and acts like a leader. This article is just an example of that. He should have said "I feel like I can play 48 minutes at a high level and I have a duty to my team to do that. I thought I played well early, but my play slipped in the 4th. That's something I can and will fix." That's confident, but still taking accountability. Lebron does none of that. He lacks intangibles.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
There were so many ******** threads today it's hard to keep up. And there are other mods. Ask them. What I do know that the Heat baiting is getting chronic and it has turned this into the garbage forum. I just closed a Pierce thread when I logged on because it was full of fighting, insults, and was started with another inaccurate quote. Either there is a real lack of reading comprehension among basketball fans on this forum or people are willfully trying to dumb down the forum. Either way, we don't want it.

I understand. I know that you guys all have a tough job. I only asked you because I saw you first. I actually don't want any of the threads closed, but I understand why you guys do. It just pisses me off sometimes because I think you guys are a bit too proactive in protecting the Heat. Like the South Park Lebron thread got moved somewhere I can't find. We've had other threads on stupid **** like that last, but the one about LBJ gets moved. It's frustrating but I understand. And I know I an as guilty as anyone of going over the top w/ hate on LBJ (can't help it), but I try to not make stuff up. But his lack of intangibles/accountability/character is obvious to me.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM

I don't get what was inaccurate about it. the quote was right what haslem said about pierce and i didnt see a thread about the pierce quote but according to espn it was "It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis,". so ESPN is reporting it as well. so what was inaccurate about the quotes?

ink
11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Lebron is making an excuse here. I think this actually a very relevant topic. My biggest issue w/ Lebron is that he always points the finger else where. He never stands up and acts like a leader. This article is just an example of that. He should have said "I feel like I can play 48 minutes at a high level and I have a duty to my team to do that. I thought I played well early, but my play slipped in the 4th. That's something I can and will fix." That's confident, but still taking accountability. Lebron does none of that. He lacks intangibles.

Who cares if Lebron is making excuses? We have had virtually the identical thread for a few years now. Lebron is an *******. Why insult the rest of the league by obsessing about what an ******* has to say? We need to get a life. Do we have to talk about one player or one team all the time?

It's a pretty lame waste of time when people actually think they need to "settle scores" on the internet. That's not what this forum is for. It's for basketball fans to talk about the ENTIRE league. I guarantee there is not one point about Lebron's "character" that has not already been made so it's a complete waste of time. More than that, we have had enough and we need to reclaim the forums from the dumbed-down obsession with insulting Lebron James.

ink
11-12-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't get what was inaccurate about it. the quote was right what haslem said about pierce and i didnt see a thread about the pierce quote but according to espn it was "It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis,". so ESPN is reporting it as well. so what was inaccurate about the quotes?

“For myself, 44 minutes is too much,” James declared. “I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.”

He is clearly saying that the team is playing the two of them too much. And it's true. Let's say that Lebron is an ******* and this just confirms it. So??? lol.

Tell me honestly, did you need some journalist to confirm this for you? Who ****ing cares? :laugh: There are other things to talk about in a basketball forum than Lebron James and the Miami Heat.

How about challenging yourselves to come up with a few topics that don't involve insulting our favourite pinatas?

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
sorry ink, I'm in agreement with patsfan here. Not all topics can be happy and rosy, and because of that some might devolve into bashing and baiting. But that doesn't discount the value of the topic itself, and I agree with patsfan on this one. Hell, player have to justify their actions on the court to the media, and us as consumers of what that media produce, are likely to dissect it like we're doing here.

Are LeBron's comments taken out of context? Are they a legitimate concern for the coaching staff and team? Are they out of place as a player isn't to question or call out his coach in the public? These are legitimate questions, and I think should be kept open to discussion.

shep33
11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I said it before... Lebron and Bosh for Millsap.

the life
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM

good one :clap:

Storch
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
:bla: sounds like the excuses are starting to surface.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 07:45 PM
He is clearly saying that the team is playing the two of them too much. And it's true. Let's say that Lebron is an ******* and this just confirms it. So??? lol.

Tell me honestly, did you need some journalist to confirm this for you? Who ****ing cares? :laugh: There are other things to talk about in a basketball forum than Lebron James and the Miami Heat.

How about challenging yourselves to come up with a few topics that don't involve insulting our favourite pinatas?

did you read what i wrote? I was talking about what pierce said about lebron and what haslem said about pierce. thats what i thought you was talking about. i didnt even mention this whole lebron with the playing too much.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Who cares if Lebron is making excuses? We have had virtually the identical thread for a few years now. Lebron is an *******. Why insult the rest of the league by obsessing about what an ******* has to say? We need to get a life. Do we have to talk about one player or one team all the time?

It's a pretty lame waste of time when people actually think they need to "settle scores" on the internet. That's not what this forum is for. It's for basketball fans to talk about the ENTIRE league. I guarantee there is not one point about Lebron's "character" that has not already been made so it's a complete waste of time. More than that, we have had enough and we need to reclaim the forums from the dumbed-down obsession with insulting Lebron James.

I get that. I try to post whatever I can to any topic. Rose vs Rondo, BOS vs MIA vs ORL (EC standings/projections more so than the actual players), CP3's revival of sorts, etc. I just think that after last night and with how good MIA could be this year, their struggles are an extremely important NBA topic. Just like if BOS or LA was sucking it up.

Elway=goat
11-12-2010, 07:46 PM

ink, the youtube link i posted shows this guy is full of it. Also, 44 minutes is not too much, considering he is averaging 40 for his career.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/career_stats.html

I disagree with them playing too much. He is only getting played too much when the team loses. The reason why they had to play them 40+ minutes is because they allowed Boston to go up 25 of them. As if the bench is going to get them back in the game.

ink
11-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I understand. I know that you guys all have a tough job. I only asked you because I saw you first. I actually don't want any of the threads closed, but I understand why you guys do. It just pisses me off sometimes because I think you guys are a bit too proactive in protecting the Heat.

We're not protecting the Heat, we're protecting the forum. A few years ago all people wanted to post in here was how Kobe *****d someone. After 1/2 million posts about it we had ENOUGH. We are protecting the forum (quite honestly) from permanent stupidity. This is supposed to be a place to talk about basketball, about the sport, not hate on the personalities.

sep11ie
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
When there were hundreds of threads about the Heat in July they weren't deleted because mods said it was "important to the NBA", even though 75% of the posts ended in "U Mad. Now when we people talk about them struggling they are all considered baiting and closed/deleted. I don't get it...

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
1.He is clearly saying that the team is playing the two of them too much. And it's true. Let's say that Lebron is an ******* and this just confirms it. So??? lol.

2.Tell me honestly, did you need some journalist to confirm this for you? Who ****ing cares? :laugh: There are other things to talk about in a basketball forum than Lebron James and the Miami Heat.

3.How about challenging yourselves to come up with a few topics that don't involve insulting our favourite pinatas?

1. That's your opinion, that's what we're in this thread to discuss.

2. If you didn't think that playing a young player 44 minutes is overkill, then yes, you do need confirmation of that. better yet, it's news simply because it's from the horse's mouth. focusing on LeBron is natural, because the way David Stern markets the NBA he's one of the premiere faces. He's a 2-time MVP, if discussing him doesn't belong in the NBA forum, where does it belong? And if it's the sheer volume of LeBron threads, I can understand someone might be tired of it, but clearly, if there are that many other threads about it, not everyone agrees with that opinion either! Sorry ink, I jsut think you're wrong on this one.

3. I got nothing to say for #3, I just didn't want it to run on as part of #2.

notoriouzzzz
11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I've never heard Kobe say he played too many minutes... I'm pretty sure Jordan never complained about that... complaining about playing too many minutes against the currents east champions.. that's just soft.

marlinsfan24
11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I get that. I try to post whatever I can to any topic. Rose vs Rondo, BOS vs MIA vs ORL (EC standings/projections more so than the actual players), CP3's revival of sorts, etc. I just think that after last night and with how good MIA could be this year, their struggles are an extremely important NBA topic. Just like if BOS or LA was sucking it up.

I agree. But not every thread should be bashing the HEAT and trying to bait fans.

ink
11-12-2010, 07:52 PM
did you read what i wrote? I was talking about what pierce said about lebron and what haslem said about pierce. thats what i thought you was talking about. i didnt even mention this whole lebron with the playing too much.

Well this thread is supposed to be about Lebron and DWade getting too much playing time.

And the problem here is that people are misusing the forum as a place to settle scores with Heat fans. People have to grow up and realize you can't settle scores on an internet forum.

But you can talk about the actual game. Look your posts are probably fine, it's the borderline trolls that come in just to take a dig at some other fan. By lowering the forum to that level we all lose.

ink, the youtube link i posted shows this guy is full of it. Also, 44 minutes is not too much, considering he is averaging 40 for his career.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/career_stats.html

I disagree with them playing too much. He is only getting played too much when the team loses. The reason why they had to play them 40+ minutes is because they allowed Boston to go up 25 of them. As if the bench is going to get them back in the game.

So, you found out that Lebron is full of it. Tell me honestly, was that news to you? It wasn't to me. To me it was like, meh, next ...

ink
11-12-2010, 07:54 PM
1. That's your opinion, that's what we're in this thread to discuss.

2. If you didn't think that playing a young player 44 minutes is overkill, then yes, you do need confirmation of that. better yet, it's news simply because it's from the horse's mouth. focusing on LeBron is natural, because the way David Stern markets the NBA he's one of the premiere faces. He's a 2-time MVP, if discussing him doesn't belong in the NBA forum, where does it belong? And if it's the sheer volume of LeBron threads, I can understand someone might be tired of it, but clearly, if there are that many other threads about it, not everyone agrees with that opinion either! Sorry ink, I jsut think you're wrong on this one.

3. I got nothing to say for #3, I just didn't want it to run on as part of #2.

No, the league is wrong for focusing on one player too much. That doesn't mean we all have to be suckers and talk about exactly what we're programmed by league advertising to talk about. You guys do realize how you are being manipulated right? lol. It's a waste of time. There are 29 other teams to talk about and this forum is going down the toilet because of the bitterness that has festered between fans of different teams.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I've never heard Kobe say he played too many minutes... I'm pretty sure Jordan never complained about that... complaining about playing too many minutes against the currents east champions.. that's just soft.

he actually wanted to play more. hell, he played with the flu and scored 35 or whatever.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 07:55 PM
I agree. But not every thread should be bashing the HEAT and trying to bait fans.

Yeah. The only time I bait fans is in the game threads, but I just get real excited. I've even said that I still have MIA in the Finals. But Bosh's softness and Lebron's bad attitude have me considering changing that pick to another team. And I think those concerns are substantiated w/ proof.

But INK has definately opened my eyes a bit. I'm gonna try to just ignore Lebron threads for the most part. I think I've said enough as to how little I think of him as a person/teamate/leader. No need for me to say more.

(It's gonna ne hard to post now though because all the threads right now are about MIA. lol)

ink
11-12-2010, 07:57 PM
When there were hundreds of threads about the Heat in July they weren't deleted because mods said it was "important to the NBA", even though 75% of the posts ended in "U Mad. Now when we people talk about them struggling they are all considered baiting and closed/deleted. I don't get it...

Two things: 1. the story was evolving because it was free agency, and 2. a lot of those threads were still closed. I've seen that rationale before for all the fighting and it doesn't hold up.

Avenged
11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
A lot of Lebron/Heat hate.. This is still open because...?

I'm shocked it's lasted 137 posts.

ink
11-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah. The only time I bait fans is in the game threads, but I just get real excited. I've even said that I still have MIA in the Finals. But Bosh's softness and Lebron's bad attitude have me considering changing that pick to another team. And I think those concerns are substantiated w/ proof.

But INK has definately opened my eyes a bit. I'm gonna try to just ignore Lebron threads for the most part. I think I've said enough as to how little I think of him as a person/teamate/leader. No need for me to say more.

(It's gonna ne hard to post now though because all the threads right now are about MIA. lol)

I appreciate that you understood where I was coming from. Thanks. And I don't disagree with you about Lebron, as you can see now. I just think for the sake of the forum we should put some energy into the players and teams that deserve our attention more.

Kevj77
When there were hundreds of threads about the Heat in July they weren't deleted because mods said it was "important to the NBA", even though 75% of the posts ended in "U Mad. Now when we people talk about them struggling they are all considered baiting and closed/deleted. I don't get it...That's how I see it too. It's understandbale they don't want the forum to go downhill though. What is the NBA forum for? Almost anything posted here could be moved to another forum. If you compare players or teams shouldn't it belong in the NBA Comparison forum. Similarly there are Stats, Classic, Trade forums and every team has its own forum. Anything not positive about the Heat is considered baiting, but the threads about them winning 72 games and 7 titles in a row wasn't baiting the rest of the NBA fans? U MAD isn't baiting?

Sly Guy
No, the league is wrong for focusing on one player too much. That doesn't mean we all have to be suckers and talk about exactly what we're programmed by league advertising to talk about. You guys do realize how you are being manipulated right? lol. It's a waste of time. There are 29 other teams to talk about and this forum is going down the toilet because of the bitterness that has festered between fans of different teams.

we are what we eat. And if we have no choice but to have LeBron crammed down our throats since before he was even drafted, then we'll be doomed to talk about him. There is too much LeBron talk, I'll agree with you on that, but he is a central figure of the game right now and he gets that much attention, whether it's on PSD or NBA.com, or ESPN. 50 LeBron threads isn't disproportionate to the massive dose of LeBron we all get elsewhere. </IMO>

shep33
Not a good attitude, they'll still be a great team though. But he shouldn't complain... he should've taken the Kobe approach, or the approach that a lof of NBA players take. Kobe for instance isn't 100%... he's still rehabbing that knee, and I don't expect to be back into game shape till around December or early January. The reason why I bring him up is that he played 41 minutes last night on a bad knee... and refuses to answer any questions on that injured knee... just saying it's 100% when his coach says its not.

This isn't meant to praise Kobe over Lebron, because many NBA superstars play with injuries that they often hide. KG last year for example... But I just think he shouldn't have mentioned it... Don't give the media haha and the PSD forum anything to chew on. That's my piece, but who cares... too much Heat hate on this site, when they're obviously a very very good team, with great potential. Haha atleast it takes some heat away from the Lakeshow... No pun intended.

Miami will be fine in the long run.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 08:02 PM

blame media sources like ESPN with their "heat index" or how they devote an hour special to decide where one player is going. people are sick of the heat believe it or not. ive seen on daily dime people asking over and over again to stop talking about the heat and writers keep insisting its a story people wanna know. i mean when someone does usually have an opinion, the thread is closed because it goes way off topic and usually leads to the OP getting bashed a lot for having that opinion. no team has played more then 9 games i believe and we have threads like does paul milsap deserve the most improved player award? i mean after only 8-9 games? when you have threads like that, that shows you there really isnt much to talk about in the NBA forum. so what do people do? post the stories ESPN, NBA.com, Slam, or any other website is talking about because those are generally more accepted in the NBA forum. so many subjects already have been beat to death. I mean you say be more creative, but you can seriously only talk about so much when it comes to the NBA until you start getting really stupid threads.

ink
11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
That's how I see it too. It's understandbale they don't want the forum to go downhill though. What is the NBA forum for? Almost anything posted here could be moved to another forum. If you compare players or teams shouldn't it belong in the NBA Comparison forum. Similarly there are Stats, Classic, Trade forums and every team has its own forum. Anything not positive about the Heat is considered baiting, but the threads about them winning 72 games and 7 titles in a row wasn't baiting the rest of the NBA fans? U MAD isn't baiting?

My personal opinion from the start is that U MAD is baiting. If enough people report it, we can get rid of that. But that's an important point: if you fight back when someone says "u mad?" you just get deleted or infracted. If you report it, people can't ignore the problem any more, and you don't get infracted for rising to the bait. Please report this stuff.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I appreciate that you understood where I was coming from. Thanks. And I don't disagree with you about Lebron, as you can see now. I just think for the sake of the forum we should put some energy into the players and teams that deserve our attention more.

I just started a thread ot discuss what midseason move you would like your team to do. I think that's a good topic to discuss.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 08:09 PM
My personal opinion from the start is that U MAD is baiting. If enough people report it, we can get rid of that. But that's an important point: if you fight back when someone says "u mad?" you just get deleted or infracted. If you report it, people can't ignore the problem any more, and you don't get infracted for rising to the bait. Please report this stuff.

if "u mad" is baiting then shouldn't it be banned from being a sig then as well? isnt that baiting in away?

ink
11-12-2010, 08:11 PM
if "u mad" is baiting then shouldn't it be banned from being a sig then as well? isnt that baiting in away?

Yes, please report it.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 08:11 PM

Come on man. U Madd is like their catch phrase. I don't see a problem w/ it in their sigs. When they just say it randomly in threads, that's another story. I use it in the game threads though... lol

hard_candy
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Heat's season's already imploding.

Ty Fast
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
everyday i feel better about not getting Lebron

really?

marlinsfan24
11-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Come on man. U Madd is like their catch phrase. I don't see a problem w/ it in their sigs. When they just say it randomly in threads, that's another story. I use it in the game threads though... lol

I agree. And that should go for posters that aren't HEAT fans trying to bait.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 08:14 PM

I dont care either way man, honestly i was just asking a question.

ink
11-12-2010, 08:16 PM
It's basically baiting. We have a situation where a fan base got attacked enough they started baiting back. Neither should be allowed because both are baiting. If it bothers you, report it and make sure mods know whether it's a problem. We're trying to be responsive to the problem.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I agree. And that should go for posters that aren't HEAT fans trying to bait.

I dont think thats fair cause your not a heat fan you cant say it. yes it is a catch phrase, but its arrogant. saying "u mad" cause we got 3 all stars over the summer. i mean no wonder the heat are hated so much cause you have the organization or miami media coming up with that slogan. if they would of left all well alone, they probably wouldnt of been as hated.

marlinsfan24
11-12-2010, 08:19 PM
I dont think thats fair cause your not a heat fan you cant say it. yes it is a catch phrase, but its arrogant. saying "u mad" cause we got 3 all stars over the summer. i mean no wonder the heat are hated so much cause you have the organization or miami media coming up with that slogan. if they would of left all well alone, they probably wouldnt of been as hated.

Makes sense to me...however I don't see people getting banned/infracted over that being in their sigs. There are more offensive things in some peoples sigs. But the mods can control people posting this.

MJL
11-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I have never heard any NBA player complain too much playing time, only heard the other way around. Are you kidding me? Do LBJ want to win? The "big three" suck up all the money, so the Heat has no bench, since LBJ took the most money, then he should play the most. Especially he is only 25 years old for god'd sake! what LBJ expect? Was he expect the bench win the game for him? The Heat has no bench...
What a cry baby LBJ has transform himself into...Have u ever heard Kobe complain playing too much? Kobe is 31 already!
You dare to took the money, then shut up and play the minutes!

hard_candy
11-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Heat implosion is hilarious!

nstojic
11-12-2010, 08:52 PM
this is the best soap opera on television, hands down

Philapsychosis
11-12-2010, 09:01 PM
For all the crap little AI gets I remember him averaging 42/43 minutes a game and still hating when he got pulled. This jokers talking about 44 minutes in a big game?! I'm not a lebron hater at all, that's pathetic though. your supposed to be "king" and you don't wanna be in there every second the games on the line?

To think at one point people put this guy in the same breath as MJ

elizur
11-12-2010, 09:12 PM
We're not protecting the Heat, we're protecting the forum. A few years ago all people wanted to post in here was how Kobe *****d someone. After 1/2 million posts about it we had ENOUGH. We are protecting the forum (quite honestly) from permanent stupidity. This is supposed to be a place to talk about basketball, about the sport, not hate on the personalities.

Well, just **** all over our constitutional rights. Just playing ,but I think you are getting too worked up.

ink
11-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Well, just **** all over our constitutional rights. Just playing ,but I think you are getting too worked up.

It's a privately owned company in Canada so I'm not sure whose constitutional rights you are talking about. ;) And the forums have gone to ****. Time for the reclamation project to start.

SundaeBest
11-12-2010, 09:30 PM

What about the fact that 44 mins is only a few mins above his career avg. Also...

- They were playing the defending Eastern Conference Champions
- A team that whooped them on opening night
- The team that most likely will be the biggest obstacle between them and an appearance in the NBA finals
- They were down most of the game and have no bench

Honestly, I get that you are a Miami fan, and it's hard to criticize him....but how can you keep making excuses for the guy? What alternatives did the coach have? To put in your bench, and let you guys lose by 20 instead? There is NO reason for lebron to be making those statements; the only conclusions I can come to are:

1) He is indeed a crybaby (as I have always suspected he is).
2) It was an underhanded attempt to put the squeeze on his coach

If it's the former, then it's expected of lebron, and if it's the ladder...well I guess lack of class wouldn't be something that hasn't been applied to lebron before either.

elizur
11-12-2010, 09:30 PM
It's a privately owned company in Canada so I'm not sure whose constitutional rights you are talking about. ;) And the forums have gone to ****. Time for the reclamation project to start.

Well, the fact that it is private does not really affect us. We are not employees. However, the fact that they are from Canada is a big deal in constituional rights. haha

As for the reclamation project... I agree, you moderators need to create guidlines to get us to the "planned promise land."

First step is to set guidelines on what enters the main forum and what stays on team forums.

For example, this thread mentions nothing other than the Miami heat. This should stay in the Heat forum. Regardless of who wants to post in it, they can easily click on the heat forum link.
Half the haters would not find this, and it would not have become such a topic.

ink
11-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Well, the fact that it is private does not really affect us. We are not employees. However, the fact that they are from Canada is a big deal in constituional rights. haha

As for the reclamation project... I agree, you moderators need to create guidlines to get us to the "planned promise land."

First step is to set guidelines on what enters the main forum and what stays on team forums.

For example, this thread mentions nothing other than the Miami heat. This should stay in the Heat forum. Regardless of who wants to post in it, they can easily click on the heat forum link.
Half the haters would not find this, and it would not have become such a topic.

The NBA forum is where users can talk about any team. I agree that a lot of team threads get started here and that is one of the reasons why they get closed. Since we're not really talking about the thread topic in here any more, this seems like a good time to wrap this one up.