PDA

View Full Version : Bosh Not Working The Boards?

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
I know the Heat's record is not what they are hoping it would be at this point, but chemistry is going to take a while, and when Mike Miller gets back they will have more weapons on offense. So the fact that Bosh is only scoring 15 or so a game isnt a big deal. But is he working the glass hard enough? Regardless of whether you know a system or fit in with a system or not, you should still be able to work the glass as hard as anybody else, yet Haslem has been out-rebounding Bosh all season with fewer minutes in each game. Just as Allen and Pierce needed Garnett to work the glass and show up on D more than they needed him to score, the Heat need Bosh to do the same. Haslem get almost ten fewer minutes a game than Bosh this season and he's out-rebounding him by almost two and a half a game!

Its not the only thing the Heat at lacking at this point, but it seems to be one of the most imporant part the the Bosh/Wade/James make-up that they are missing. If Bosh was getting the 10+ rebounds he's been getting the last couple years, that would be four more possessions in each game, that that is enough to put Miami at 8-1 or 9-0 considering how many points they lost by in their four losses.

Anybody else think Bosh is missing that intensity on the glass that convinced Riley to sign him in the offseason?

P.S. And his D could be a little better. He got posterized by Rondo, and totally should have come off his man to help on that drive! OMG! That was embarassing! (though in his defence is wasnt his man).

thescore53
11-12-2010, 09:54 AM
yes.no.maybe i don't know can you repeat the question ? ur not boss of me now ur not the boss of me now

and ur not so big..... life is unfair.

spreadeagle
11-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I know the Heat's record is not what they are hoping it would be at this point, but chemistry is going to take a while, and when Mike Miller gets back they will have more weapons on offense. So the fact that Bosh is only scoring 15 or so a game isnt a big deal. But is he working the glass hard enough? Regardless of whether you know a system or fit in with a system or not, you should still be able to work the glass as hard as anybody else, yet Haslem has been out-rebounding Bosh all season with fewer minutes in each game. Just as Allen and Pierce needed Garnett to work the glass and show up on D more than they needed him to score, the Heat need Bosh to do the same. Haslem get almost ten fewer minutes a game than Bosh this season and he's out-rebounding him by almost two and a half a game!

Its not the only thing the Heat at lacking at this point, but it seems to be one of the most imporant part the the Bosh/Wade/James make-up that they are missing. If Bosh was getting the 10+ rebounds he's been getting the last couple years, that would be four more possessions in each game, that that is enough to put Miami at 8-1 or 9-0 considering how many points they lost by in their four losses.

Anybody else think Bosh is missing that intensity on the glass that convinced Riley to sign him in the offseason?

P.S. And his D could be a little better. He got posterized by Rondo, and totally should have come off his man to help on that drive! OMG! That was embarassing! (though in his defence is wasnt his man).

when Rondo did that dunk Bosh didnt even move toward him!!!!! loved it didnt even know Rondo had hops like that

RaptorFan89
11-12-2010, 10:18 AM
As a Raptor Bosh had lots if plays ran for him on the offence which took him towards the basket which lead to alot of rebounds. I dont think you will find any Raptor fans say that Bosh was a good defender......ask Shaq he call him the Repaul of big men!(SOFT!). Also Bosh was the go to guy in T-dot so he touch the ball alot...I think he havning trouble getting going with no plays ran for him....not the type of guy that just can go and get it!

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2010, 10:19 AM
yes.no.maybe i don't know can you repeat the question ? ur not boss of me now ur not the boss of me now

and ur not so big..... life is unfair.

I love They Might Be Giants!

SouthSideRookie
11-12-2010, 10:23 AM
LOL, I think Bosh is now PSD mascot, the guy is in every thread at the moment.

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
As a Raptor Bosh had lots if plays ran for him on the offence which took him towards the basket which lead to alot of rebounds. I dont think you will find any Raptor fans say that Bosh was a good defender......ask Shaq he call him the Repaul of big men!(SOFT!). Also Bosh was the go to guy in T-dot so he touch the ball alot...I think he havning trouble getting going with no plays ran for him....not the type of guy that just can go and get it!

pretty much all of this. He's lost out there because he's used to be the primary scorer on a team and now he's a forgotten man.

miller74
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Good player on a bad team
average player on a good team

spreadeagle
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZnGf2X-pw&feature=player_embedded :clap: u jus got Rondo'd! At 17 second mark you see Bosh's soul melt

Cosmic_Canon
11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Despite the hate for Bosh, he played a decent game last night, considering he hardly touches the ball. He had that and-1, he played decent d, and haad 17 points I believe. Bosh is not a grit big men, so it's stupid to blame him for not playing like that. He's a good o rebounder, who needs plays in order to score. Since he's not getting plays, he's not scoring that much. As the season progresses, they'll find ways to get Bosh involved more.

sep11ie
11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Mods are gonna be busy today!

nickdymez
11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Doesn't look like Bosh is working much of anything right now

Double_R
11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Mods are gonna be busy today!

Mods need to chill; it's an internet forum where people are having run debating and talking trash... That is what happens on the net when people are talking about sports. Who cares???? If it isn't ridiculous then why such concern. There are too many babies on here that complain to the MODS, grow up, this is a man's website, not a kids. I've been coming to this site since 02 when I was a freshman in college and it was a completely different forum back then. ITS WAY TO POLICED NOW. relax it's all in good fun.

Back to topic:
Bosh on bad team = good stats and losing record and no leadership
Bosh on good team= bad stats, leadership, but not him

Celtic AL
11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
is so not worth the Money

ink
11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Mods need to chill; it's an internet forum where people are having run debating and talking trash... That is what happens on the net when people are talking about sports. Who cares???? If it isn't ridiculous then why such concern. There are too many babies on here that complain to the MODS, grow up, this is a man's website, not a kids. I've been coming to this site since 02 when I was a freshman in college and it was a completely different forum back then. ITS WAY TO POLICED NOW. relax it's all in good fun.

Back to topic:

No, we will be handing out infractions if people cross the line with all the Heat baiting. We'd do the same thing if any team was getting harassed. Check the zero tolerance post stickied at the top of the front page of this forum. Those rules are going to be enforced.

Russollini
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
IT IS SPO!!! They have no Offense other then lets go out there and drop our egos and trust our brothers, come on guys we can do it!

tkshy
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
It's a bad match up. You have 3 guys who need the ball. Bosh has padded stats playing on a bad team. Lebron and Wade play very similar games, needing the ball in their hands. You had 3 guys who need the ball to be successful and no interior d, and no one to rebound for them, you get a 5-4 team. Yes their talent will allow them to win a bunch of games overall, but they refuse to play the right role.

They should trade Bosh when possible (for a rebounding C, and a SG) maybe after they fail this season, and with the new bargaining agreement they will have an excuse to.

mjt20mik
11-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Reggie was taking shots at Bosh all night. Sad part about it, was that most of his shots were accurate. Hopefully Bosh can be tough at times, I just don't think he is very strong mentally.

bballfan12
11-12-2010, 01:34 PM
So for the last few days I've been surfing all of the Bosh threads without saying anything but now its just getting ridiculous. So here are my two cents:

If you watched yesterdays game Bosh didn't have a singe play ran for him, NOT ONE, he got a few opened shots, and he was given the ball in the high post 3 times in the game, he still managed to get 17, but the only time he was in any sort of rhythm was in the second period, after he scored a few points he got a lot more aggressive, that's when he went for that put back dunk that missed. I don't know how many have of you have played sports on a high level, but hell even during pick up games you don't suddenly play well, you need to get into a rhythm, look at Wade's horrible play yesterday as an example of not being in rhythm.

Almost every team in the NBA starts off the game by the feeding the ball down low to there bigs, even if their bigs suck, Miami doesn't do this, even the commentators said that they don't have many plays since the coach wants the players to figure out each others tendencies. Bosh can easily put up 20 and 10 for this team if he gets the rock, and from put backs and offensive rebounds, but in order to do that he needs to get more touches. Even if he passes the ball back out from the post it provides better spacing for Wade and Lebron. Once Bosh gets an offensive rhythm his rebounding and energy levels go up as well. I know the argument is that he is going to get less touches since Wade and Lebron is there, but why would you want him to have less touches, he is a high percentage shooter, and when he scores his defense and rebound improve as well. I agree his number are going to be down, but realistically he should be down by about 5 points, which would put him at 19ppg.

The real problem for Miami isn't Bosh right now, its Wade and the coach. Wade is putting up a lot of ill advised shots, the step back three's from yesterday are a good example of this, they would be much better off letting bosh jab step in the post then have Wade shoot this garbage. The coach is putting really bad lineups on the court as well, I don't care who you put out to start the game, but the majority of the minutes should be going to the following lineup:

PG: Lebron
SG: House
SF: Wade
PF: Bosh
C: Big Z

This is probably there biggest lineup (defensively you can match up lebron with the SF, house with the PG and Wade with the SG). They should feed the ball down to the post much more often, and since Z brings out opposing centers this free's up room in the paint for bosh to grab a few offensive rebounds (If you've noticed almost all of the rebounds Bosh gets come from the ones that go towards the man he is boxing out, he almost never goes out and gets a loose rebound) Wade needs to shift his a role a little and do a lot more running without the ball.

This way the heat are fully utilizing the big three, Lebron brings it up an facilitates the offense, and if nothing is going he can always drive it in for the hoop, bosh is getting his touches, and wade can get some open shots, and if the shot clock is running down and nothing is happening he is great at drawing fouls.

Sadds The Gr8
11-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Back to topic:

agreed

So for the last few days I've been surfing all of the Bosh threads without saying anything but now its just getting ridiculous. So here are my two cents:

If you watched yesterdays game Bosh didn't have a singe play ran for him, NOT ONE, he got a few opened shots, and he was given the ball in the high post 3 times in the game, he still managed to get 17, but the only time he was in any sort of rhythm was in the second period, after he scored a few points he got a lot more aggressive, that's when he went for that put back dunk that missed. I don't know how many have of you have played sports on a high level, but hell even during pick up games you don't suddenly play well, you need to get into a rhythm, look at Wade's horrible play yesterday as an example of not being in rhythm.

Almost every team in the NBA starts off the game by the feeding the ball down low to there bigs, even if their bigs suck, Miami doesn't do this, even the commentators said that they don't have many plays since the coach wants the players to figure out each others tendencies. Bosh can easily put up 20 and 10 for this team if he gets the rock, and from put backs and offensive rebounds, but in order to do that he needs to get more touches. Even if he passes the ball back out from the post it provides better spacing for Wade and Lebron. Once Bosh gets an offensive rhythm his rebounding and energy levels go up as well. I know the argument is that he is going to get less touches since Wade and Lebron is there, but why would you want him to have less touches, he is a high percentage shooter, and when he scores his defense and rebound improve as well. I agree his number are going to be down, but realistically he should be down by about 5 points, which would put him at 19ppg.

The real problem for Miami isn't Bosh right now, its Wade and the coach. Wade is putting up a lot of ill advised shots, the step back three's from yesterday are a good example of this, they would be much better off letting bosh jab step in the post then have Wade shoot this garbage. The coach is putting really bad lineups on the court as well, I don't care who you put out to start the game, but the majority of the minutes should be going to the following lineup:

PF: Lebron

This is probably there biggest lineup (defensively you can match up lebron with the SF, house with the PG and Wade with the SG). They should feed the ball down to the post much more often, and since Z brings out opposing centers this free's up room in the paint for bosh to grab a few offensive rebounds (If you've noticed almost all of the rebounds Bosh gets come from the ones that go towards the man he is boxing out, he almost never goes out and gets a loose rebound) Wade needs to shift his a role a little and do a lot more running without the ball.

This way the heat are fully utilizing the big three, Lebron brings it up an facilitates the offense, and if nothing is going he can always drive it in for the hoop, bosh is getting his touches, and wade can get some open shots, and if the shot clock is running down and nothing is happening he is great at drawing fouls.
more like a dollar...this was a long response for just 2 cents :D

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2010, 01:48 PM
PF: Lebron

I have a pretty high opinion of LBJ, dont get me wrong, but two positions at once? If anybody could do it though, its gotta be LeBron!

Joking... I know it was a typo, I make them all the time.

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZnGf2X-pw&feature=player_embedded :clap: u jus got Rondo'd! At 17 second mark you see Bosh's soul melt

Reggie is BRILLIANT in that! You're not there to hold a camera, you gotta get involved.

avrpatsfan
11-12-2010, 02:05 PM
He's only out rebounding Rondo by .8 so I don't think he's hustling for boards now.

Hangtime
11-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Bosh is the least of their problems. They need to address the point guard and center position. Bosh is not going to be some sort of physical presence for this team. And Anthony is way undersized to compete for them. Until they do that There will always be another defender waiting on Bosh James and Wade because of the complete lack of respect for Anthony.

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
He got those reb in Toronto cause he was their best rebounder. he had to avg 10 in Toronto, rebounds were up for sale.
-he likes to shoot.
i think its gonna take more time. he better not allow james and wade to get more boards than him. hey, at least he's on TV now. now we all can see him more often.

bballfan12
11-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm frugal and make my two cents go a long way :D

And yea I meant Bosh at PF, I fixed it.

ballbrains
11-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I have a pretty high opinion of LBJ, dont get me wrong, but two positions at once? If anybody could do it though, its gotta be LeBron!

Joking... I know it was a typo, I make them all the time.

lol. all good.

Antipod
11-12-2010, 02:15 PM
too early to tell. another 20 games needed

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 03:54 PM
No, we will be handing out infractions if people cross the line with all the Heat baiting. We'd do the same thing if any team was getting harassed. Check the zero tolerance post stickied at the top of the front page of this forum. Those rules are going to be enforced.

Noah makes a remark about KG. That thread is allowed to be open. Pierce makes a remark about Lebron and that one gets closed after 7 posts (last night). That doesn't seem fair to me. Both should be kept open.

SouthSideRookie
11-12-2010, 04:02 PM
You know I've been waiting to see a response or opinion from a Heat fan point of view but for some reason they are nowhere to be found today:eyebrow:

Niro
11-12-2010, 04:09 PM
He's just out of his rhythm with the new squad.

this and he is not one of the greatest rebounders