PDA

View Full Version : carmelo anthony confirms chris paul's toast about playing in new york

yatusabebro
11-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Anthony Confirms Paul's Toast About Playing In New York
Nov 12, 2010 8:08 AM EST

Carmelo Anthony has confirmed a New York Post report that Hornets point guard Chris Paul made a champagne toast at the Denver forward's wedding in July that called for himself, Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire to team up with the Knicks.

"Everybody was having fun. The Miami Heat was the hot topic at that point. There were a lot of players. They were just laughing and joking about it. It is what it is," Anthony said.

"It wasn't set up. It wasn't staged. It was just everybody having a good time laughing and joking."

Anthony denied a Post report he told Spike Lee, who attended the wedding, the Knicks are his first choice.

He added of Denver's extension, "It's still there. My options are open."

Via New York Post

amare carmelo and chris paul. i think by 2012 this will happen. sorry to the rest of the nba. go knicks.

thescore53
11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
they're all going to Toronto it's so obvious stop lying to yourself.

Evolution23
11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
lets hope he doesn't go to Chicago for Deng

saintdrew
11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Jesus....

Commence all of the delusional Knicks fans in 3 ....... 2 .......... 1 ...........

Bucsfan
11-12-2010, 12:11 PM
and how do they plan to acquire these players? with gallinari and curry? lol

i know melo can go as a fa to ny...but paul still has this year and next

Giaps
11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
and how do they plan to acquire these players? with gallinari and curry? lol

i know melo can go as a fa to ny...but paul still has this year and next
If we signed Melo in 2011 I'd trade the whole farm for Paul (Gallo, AR4, Chandler, pick, whatever).

Heediot
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
no interested in acquiring iggy

denver likes iggy
no acquires iggy and ships him to den in a package for melo

meloman1592
11-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Would LOVE for thiis to happen but its a pipe dream

jiggin
11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
IT WAS A JOKE, they were making fun of the just now had happened HEAT team.

They even say above, QUOTED, that it WAS A JOKE.

The Final Boss
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I stopped reading when the clown said, 'It is what it is'.

Anthony can't tell us what 'it is' 'cause his ignorant *** has the vocabulary of a 6 year old... No offense to the six year old...

hgtiger32
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
while they say it was a joke, there was prolly some seriousness behind it. most ppl have done that where u joke about something but realize it might come true and stuff....lol should be interesting

REDBIRD24
11-12-2010, 01:04 PM
dunno about cp3 but anthony will be a knick next year. no team will trade for him unless he signs an extension and he will only do so with the knicks

colinskik
11-12-2010, 01:09 PM

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Melo and his jumpshooting *** might actually be a great fit with the knicks

colinskik
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't what six year olds you're hanging out with that say things like "it is what it is," but sounds like a kid very mature for his age.

Giaps
11-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I stopped reading when the clown said, 'It is what it is'.

Anthony can't tell us what 'it is' 'cause his ignorant *** has the vocabulary of a 6 year old... No offense to the six year old...
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/30403/original/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

Young24
11-12-2010, 01:56 PM
dunno about cp3 but anthony will be a knick next year. no team will trade for him unless he signs an extension and he will only do so with the knicks

Are you his agent? Didn't think so.

Badluck33
11-12-2010, 02:01 PM
lets hope he doesn't go to Chicago for Deng

its looking more probable now.

Raph12
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Wasn't NYC Lebron's supposed first choice as well?

saintdrew
11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Gah, honestly.... Why would someone post this thread???

Now we have to deal with all of the raging lunatic Knick fans.

Hey Knick fans,

I promise you, not everyone wants to play for you guys. Hard to imagine I know...

JB0B0
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
as a bulls fan, i always thought NY would land melo.

76erEaglePhils
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Every stupid idiotic delusional thread that has anything to do about Carmelo going to the knicks are always started by a knicks fan. Understand knick fans nobody gives a rats *** about you team but you so why don't you keep this trash in your own forum.

NYman15
11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
i have said this before but i do believe this has a very good chance of happening. Not because im a knicks fan but because i believe you will see through out the league players saying their is no way i can beat the big three in boston or in miami or wherever i think melo and paul have already agreed and i believe melo will sign as a free agent, i think the nuggs have a chance of keeping him for a last playoff run, and after he signs as a free agent the knicks will use the assets they would have used for melo and then make a big three and i also believe the CAA company that lebron and bosh and melo and paul and everyone wants to take over the league and make superteams in big cities

76erEaglePhils
11-12-2010, 03:54 PM
i have said this before but i do believe this has a very good chance of happening. Not because im a knicks fan but because i believe you will see through out the league players saying their is no way i can beat the big three in boston or in miami or wherever i think melo and paul have already agreed and i believe melo will sign as a free agent, i think the nuggs have a chance of keeping him for a last playoff run, and after he signs as a free agent the knicks will use the assets they would have used for melo and then make a big three and i also believe the CAA company that lebron and bosh and melo and paul and everyone wants to take over the league and make superteams in big citiesThis is intelligence at it's finest:facepalm:

jiggin
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't what six year olds you're hanging out with that say things like "it is what it is," but sounds like a kid very mature for his age.

my 5 year old and his friend say thing like that or more intellectual than that.

maybe you should hang with smarter kids. :D

Revolu7i9n
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM

haha