PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol is the best big man in the league.

heatking
11-12-2010, 01:00 AM
As much as i want to be a homer and say Chris bosh is the best power forward in the league i just cant do it. I have seen almost all laker games this season, and Pau Gasol has been clearcut the best player in the court every game.

I think this guy is really underrated and will be the key to the lakers championship run this season. I honestly think he is better than Dwight Howard right now, and altough you can make a case for Howard because of his defence, but he is not close to pau gasol in terms of having an offense ran through them, and all of the key aspects of the offensive game.

This is coming from someone that has never like Pau Gasol.

redsox0717
11-12-2010, 01:01 AM
As much as i want to be a homer and say Chris bosh is the best power forward in the league i just cant do it. I have seen almost all laker games this season, and Pau Gasol has been clearcut the best player in the court every game.

I think this guy is really underrated and will be the key to the lakers championship run this season. I honestly think he is better than Dwight Howard right now, and altough you can make a case for Howard because of his defence, but he is not close to pau gasol in terms of having an offense ran through them, and all of the key aspects of the offensive game.

:laugh: stopped reading right there

DoJoTheSlasher
11-12-2010, 01:02 AM
1. Chris Bosh is and never will be nowhere near the best big man in the game.

2. There is this guy named Dirk who is better than Gasol and Howard.

Zefflin
11-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Dirk and Gasol are the best...with Timmy right behind.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 01:04 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

heatking
11-12-2010, 01:06 AM
hahaha you guys clearly lack reading skills.... i never said Bosh was the best power forward in the league, but hey if thats what you guys are reading than GL!

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 01:11 AM
I think that Pau is a much more complete player than Dirk.

Zefflin
11-12-2010, 01:12 AM
So do I

IBleedPurple
11-12-2010, 01:17 AM
sounds like :love:

But honestly, this isn't anything new. It's Pau & Dirk. They are much different players, but both superstars.

heatking
where the hell have u been the last 3 years? :facepalm: 15 yrs old bandwagon fans

Pau has been considered soft for the greatest part of his career, in 2008 he got abused by kg, 2009 i remember bynum barely played and once again he got abused by howard. that year they finally won something and he still wasnt considered by MANY people not just me a top 3 player at his position.

Last year during the lakers championship run is where he started to show his stuff... What the hell is wrong with you??? im trying to voice an opinion and you come here calling me a 15 y/o bandwagon fan? lmao if that makes your life more enjoyable than go ahead man.

GOON MUSIC

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-12-2010, 01:19 AM
hahaha you guys clearly lack reading skills.... i never said Bosh was the best power forward in the league, but hey if thats what you guys are reading than GL!

The fact that you're implying that you even consider Bosh as being the best PF in the league, is why they are laughing.

Thats like me saying "I wish I could be a homer and say Carlos Boozer is the best PF in the league" but I wouldn't say that because it would make me look like an idiot because I KNOW for sure Boozer isn't the best PF in the league, not even the homer in me would make me make that statement.

Thats why they're laughing cuz you made yourself look like an idiot.

heatking
11-12-2010, 01:19 AM
I find it hillarious that all the defensive posters are either bulls, or celtics fans... no need to worry if you think bosh sucks so bad... you should breeze right by us in the playoffs... if thats if we make the playoffs... right guys?

heatking
11-12-2010, 01:22 AM
The fact that you're implying that you even consider Bosh as being the best PF in the league, is why they are laughing.

Thats like me saying "I wish I could be a homer and say Carlos Boozer is the best PF in the league" but I wouldn't say that because it would make me look like an idiot because I KNOW for sure Boozer isn't the best PF in the league, not even the homer in me would make me make that statement.

Thats why they're laughing cuz you made yourself look like an idiot.

ok... i made myself look like an idiot by saying i would like to be a HOMER and say bosh is the best pf in the league, but you bulls fans sure dont make yourselves look like idiots when you say rose is a top 5 player in the league, or the best pg in the league???

hotpotato1092
11-12-2010, 01:23 AM
It's a valid argument, I'd personally take Dwight Howard for his defense, especially if we're talking about for the Lakers because Dwight would be that much better with Kobe carrying the offense most of the time, but I think it's pretty clear at this point that Pau is better than any PF in the league, including Dirk. I love Dirk, the Mavs are my 2nd favorite team, but at this point Pau is just better, I don't know how anybody doesn't see that.

Trouble87
11-12-2010, 01:23 AM
just the fact that Chris Bosh's name is in a thread that has "best big man in the league" in the title makes it automatically ***

this thread should be printed out, set on fire, then locked so no one can ever post in it again

-----------------

I agree Gasol is overall the best big man in the game today

Supreme LA
11-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Umm...Gasol has been the best big man in the league for 2 years now. He's actually the best in the world. Dwight Howard is easily the better defender though but I guess thats obvious. There isn't a more complete or versatile big man in the world.

FYI, Bosh isnt as good as Dirk, Timmy, Amare, Dwight, Bogut, Boozer, Noah, Millsap, Nene, Odom, Kaman, Garnett, and Im sure there's more I can't think of right now...

ChI_ShIzzLe
ok... i made myself look like an idiot by saying i would like to be a HOMER and say bosh is the best pf in the league, but you bulls fans sure dont make yourselves look like idiots when you say rose is a top 5 player in the league, or the best pg in the league???

When did any of us say he's a top 5 player in the league?? And when did any of us say he's even the best PG in the league??? All we've been saying is he's top 3/top 5 PG in the league with the possibility of becoming the best PG. How is that homerism?? The stats are clearly showing his progression from his rookie season, everyone outside of Chicago say the same things about him...so I don't really get what you're trying to prove there.

heatking
ok guys... whats next lebron isnt the best sf in the league? just stop with all the heat hate... or should i say U MAD????

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Umm...Gasol has been the best big man in the league for 2 years now. He's actually the best in the world. Dwight Howard is easily the better defender though but I guess thats obvious. There isn't a more complete or versatile big man in the world.

FYI, Bosh isnt as good as Dirk, Timmy, Amare, Dwight, Bogut, Boozer, Noah, Millsap, Nene, Odom, Kaman, Garnett, and Im sure there's more I can't think of right now...

Thank God a Lakers fan said that and not a Bulls fan otherwise there would've been another thread bashing Bulls fans for being homers :laugh:

Bishnoff
11-12-2010, 01:28 AM

This.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-12-2010, 01:29 AM
ok guys... whats next lebron isnt the best sf in the league? just stop with all the heat hate... or should i say U MAD????

Mad at what, the 5-4 record of your supposed 70 win team? Or mad that one of your "Big 3" has become a $100 million role player?

lol

heatking
11-12-2010, 01:29 AM
hmm... wasnt it you bulls fans that were dying for bosh in the offseason, and felt that whoever ended with boozer would have been the loser of free agency? was that not you guys?

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-12-2010, 01:32 AM
hmm... wasnt it you bulls fans that were dying for bosh in the offseason, and felt that whoever ended with boozer would have been the loser of free agency? was that not you guys?

Oh ya it was us, mann I must say thank god he lapdogged his *** to Miami cuz he sure fooled the hell out of everyone making us think he was this legit post presence. Hell Boozer hasn't even played for us yet and I already know he's a way better fit on our team than Bosh would've been.

And we would've gave him a MAX contract?! :puke:

Supreme LA
11-12-2010, 01:33 AM

Well, Lebron is the best SF in the league but he certainly isn't the best player. He's a freakishly talented and athletic player but far from being considered a complete an polished player.

heatking
11-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Oh ya it was us, mann I must say thank god he lapdogged his *** to Miami cuz he sure fooled the hell out of everyone making us think he was this legit post presence. Hell Boozer hasn't even played for us yet and I already know he's a way better fit on our team than Bosh would've been.

And we would've gave him a MAX contract?! :puke:

and WE gave him a max contract? yeah u dont know what ur talking about buddy, im done with you.

Time2Dieeee
11-12-2010, 01:37 AM
the Heat will go on a 78 game winning streak! i bet my car, house, and my sexy wife Linda! peace out biatches

jkcronyn
11-12-2010, 01:37 AM
dirk is donovan mcnabb, overrated and NOT a champion

jkcronyn
11-12-2010, 01:39 AM
also i hate when a heat fan posts everything because it usually starts as like i think blank but i really like (insert big three here) then someone is like well i dont know if lebron is the best player in the league and then you all start yelling YOU MAD OH YOUR JUST JEALOUS when really everyone only tunes in to see how a really cool experiments going and no one is actually jealous of a team thats working out its kinks and is 5-4 kids need to cool there jets on the heat until january or so

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-12-2010, 01:39 AM
and WE gave him a max contract? yeah u dont know what ur talking about buddy, im done with you.

Oh ya right, he made a "sacrifice" and took "few" mill less :facepalm:

He's set to make $19, $20, and $22 million the last 3 years of the contract. It all amounts to near max money when you put it together. I have a finance degree, I think I know what I'm talking about. I'm done with you as well.

jkcronyn
11-12-2010, 01:41 AM
chisizzle does your finance degree come in handy since your a []D[][]\/[][]D? or no?

MJ-BULLS
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Pau Gasol is the best skilled big man in the nba.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
chisizzle does your finance degree come in handy since your a []D[][]\/[][]D? or no?

Nahh not really..job market sucks right now so I have to stick to being only a []D[][]V[][]D for the moment :D

Hunter48MVP
11-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Gasol is way better than Dirk.

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Every thread has become a Bulls vs Heat debate. Save it for the playoffs.

Jenceman
11-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Pau has been considered soft for the greatest part of his career, in 2008 he got abused by kg, 2009 i remember bynum barely played and once again he got abused by howard. that year they finally won something and he still wasnt considered by MANY people not just me a top 3 player at his position.

Last year during the lakers championship run is where he started to show his stuff... What the hell is wrong with you??? im trying to voice an opinion and you come here calling me a 15 y/o bandwagon fan? lmao if that makes your life more enjoyable than go ahead man.

KG shot 40% in that 2008 finals series...

And Gasol was not even close to abused by Howard. Gasol shined in that finals series. Gasol's been doing this for awhile.

Dr Cyanide 28
11-12-2010, 01:58 AM
i love gasols game but i would take howard over gasol for my team. or are we just arguing power forward?

IAmKira
11-12-2010, 02:04 AM
KG shot 40% in that 2008 finals series...

And Gasol was not even close to abused by Howard. Gasol shined in that finals series. Gasol's been doing this for awhile.

Gasol was physically soft that series. The Celts scared the sheit out of him n he learned the next year. Every1 knew this, even ppl who only watched the recap of the finals. But clearly, this kid has no idea on wat he's talkin about.

ink
11-12-2010, 02:09 AM

There is nothing wrong with this post. Definitely didn't deserve the crap responses we have seen so far in the thread. If it continues, there will be infractions.

Basically people aren't even disagreeing with him, and neither do I.

bklynny67
11-12-2010, 02:17 AM

yea, definitely not Bosh... Gasol could be the best... i'd say he is

Zefflin
11-12-2010, 02:23 AM
I wonder if Dirk would have jumped on that last lay up attempt...god damn it Gasol.

Rndy
11-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Can't go wrong with either really. Gasol is more efficient, better rebounder, and a better blocker. Dirk has a better ts%, turns the ball over less, and has some sweet hair.

Dr Cyanide 28
11-12-2010, 02:35 AM
Can't go wrong with either really. Gasol is more efficient, better rebounder, and a better blocker. Dirk has a better ts%, turns the ball over less, and has some sweet hair.

go with the hair no doubt

lakers4sho
11-12-2010, 02:35 AM
definitely not tonight

Lim
11-12-2010, 02:52 AM
i wish pau would shave his face for once..

i.got.the.nutz
11-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't trade Pau for any player in the NBA straight up.

a4anthony
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Guys lets stop playing around we all know that luis scola is the best big man in the game

(joking and if you take me serious you need to be medicated)

a4anthony
11-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't trade Pau for any player in the NBA straight up.

Sure, if you say so:rolleyes:

goose15
11-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Gasol > every other big man

Avenged
11-16-2010, 01:44 AM
I'd say Dwight is 1st, and Gasol 2nd.

Dwight's defensive dominance + his offensive game [his TS% and eFG% is higher than Pau] gives him the edge.

I agree with what a poster said earlier on though, that Gasol is the most complete big in the game.

i.got.the.nutz
11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Sure, if you say so:rolleyes:

Who else would you take over Gasol for this Lakers team?

jackdawson
11-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Without a doubt. Also, he has been the best Laker since last year. If Lakers get the best record he should be the unanimous MVP.

Niro
11-21-2010, 01:46 PM
I'd say Dwight is 1st, and Gasol 2nd.

Dwight's defensive dominance + his offensive game [his TS% and eFG% is higher than Pau] gives him the edge.

I agree with what a poster said earlier on though, that Gasol is the most complete big in the game.

this is right on the money

JordansBulls
11-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Without a doubt. Also, he has been the best Laker since last year. If Lakers get the best record he should be the unanimous MVP.

No player in NBA History has gotten unanimous MVP.

Bos_Sports4Life
11-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Dwight Howard, and this isn't really even a question, do people really think gasol is better than dwight howard?

Raph12
11-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Pau Gasol = Most skilled big man in the league
Dwight Howard = Most valuable/impactful big man in the league

Although Gasol is much more skillful and has better fundamentals than Dwight, Dwight's defensive prowess, freakish athleticism paired with his unrealistic strength and his offensive improvement would make him more valuable and impactful than any big in the league... He has turned a team with Nelson, Carter, Q-Rich and Shard, into the best defensive team in the league.

To sum up, Dwight, and it's not close.

Raph12
11-29-2010, 02:45 AM
Everybody talking about Dwight not being able to have the offense run through him is delusional. Dwight avgs 22.6ppg on 59.8FG%, 60.2TS% and 59.8eFG%, each higher than Pau Gasol and if you say the offense doesn't run through him, you need to watch more games. Dwight has a usage rate of 29.2%, that ranks 6th in the league, he anchors his team on both ends and is leading them to not only the best record in the East, but also leading the league in defense.

JordansBulls
11-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Gasol right now is playing out of position and logging a bunch of minutes because he has no backup.

Raph12
11-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Gasol right now is playing out of position and logging a bunch of minutes because he has no backup.

34.4mpg vs 39.1mpg OMG THE SKY IS FALLING, 5 WHOLE MINUTES?... Dwight does more for the Magic than Gasol has ever done for the Lakers and right now he's doing it more efficiently with bigger numbers on both ends.

i.got.the.nutz
12-01-2010, 06:35 AM
34.4mpg vs 39.1mpg OMG THE SKY IS FALLING, 5 WHOLE MINUTES?... Dwight does more for the Magic than Gasol has ever done for the Lakers and right now he's doing it more efficiently with bigger numbers on both ends.

Not saying Gasol is better than Howard because he is not, but 34.4 mpg compared to 39.1 mpg is a huge difference.

rufo4100
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Best big in the league is Dwight Howard.

JordansBulls
12-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Needs to get back to playing PF instead of Center.

Lakersfan2483
12-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Howard is clearly the best big man in the NBA.

JordansBulls
12-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Howard is clearly the best big man in the NBA.

I wouldn't say clearly, but he is the best.