PDA

View Full Version : It's obvious now that Boston is still the team to beat in the East...

Kiss Ma Grits
11-12-2010, 12:23 AM
With all the hype of the big three and boozer going to the bulls, one thing that's a given, Boston is the Monster of the East and they're not going down easy. Rondo should also get mvp considerations and as a Cavs fan I'm giving Boston the Eastern Crown until someone knocks em off which won't happen.....Celtic fans enjoy it, your team deserves props, not disrespect to the other teams...you're proving it on the court and not on paper...

Chacarron
11-12-2010, 12:24 AM
They were always the team to beat in the East.

Super.
11-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I thought it was obvious all preseaon

:shrug:

Clearly the best team in the east

plpfctn
11-12-2010, 12:28 AM
i never thought the heat with wade and lebronze were better than the celtics. it's obvious the heat don't stand a chance against the celtics. and they still have perkins, milf hunter, o'neal coming back.

Rivera
11-12-2010, 12:29 AM
This was obvious to all the people that KNOW basketball that wasnt blinded by the big names

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I still got MIA over BOS this year. I think MIA will be better come playoff time. They just need time to gell. It's definately not the easy choice like some people said. I wouldn'e be surprised at all to see BOS in the Finals again.

dnewguy
11-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Miami will be better eventually but Bosh, Arroyo and Coach Spo will have to be replaced.

Chacarron
11-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I still got MIA over BOS this year. I think MIA will be better come playoff time. They just need time to gell. It's definately not the easy choice like some people said. I wouldn'e be surprised at all to see BOS in the Finals again.

You are so humble.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Miami will not beat Boston because they don't have any depth in the front court, bosh is super soft, and they don't have the money to get an in the post player. How about Miami getting Lebron and Wade some help???

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Miami will be better eventually but Bosh, Arroyo and Coach Spo will have to be replaced.

I thought you guys loved those 2 :speechless:

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
You are so humble.

PSD hasn't see me yet after my team clinches a title... lol

I'm usually pretty good up until my team closes out a title. Then I lose it.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Even though I'm still going to stick to my LA over MIA prediction for now (I don't like changing my picks so early), MIA has definately given me reason to worry about those picks. Bosh isn't magically going to grow a pair and they are not going to add a PG at the deadline - they have nothing to give. I might be changing in a few weeks if I don't see MIA making schematic schemes to fix weaknesses.

tcav701
11-12-2010, 12:37 AM
I thought you guys loved those 2 :speechless:

I told you lol

They are going to start retracting all of the rediculous statements they made over this summer.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 12:43 AM
I told you lol

They are going to start retracting all of the rediculous statements they made over this summer.

honestly i thought they would be better then what they are but goes to show bosh is overrated and spoelstra is a lousy coach

NothingbutWill
11-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Boston has always been the team to beat in the East, nothing has changed that yet. Whoever thinks that Miami would come out and automatically be the team to beat in the east is clearly wrong. Miami hasn't proven themselves yet but I suspect they will play more together as the season progresses.

IMO the coaching is horrible with Miami's lineup. You can't play Lebron as a PG throughout the whole game even though there's nothing wrong with that but you need a true PG to fill that role. They also have like nobody off the bench that can play good minutes off of the big 3.

zambo4president
11-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Bulls can take Boston 6 or 7 games with Boozer healthy and posssibly beat em. Boston's been the top dog in my eyes from the beginning anyways.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 12:51 AM
I told you lol

or they are going to redact it??? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_9CiY54G6c

m26555
11-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Even though I'm still going to stick to my LA over MIA prediction for now (I don't like changing my picks so early), MIA has definately given me reason to worry about those picks. Bosh isn't magically going to grow a pair and they are not going to add a PG at the deadline - they have nothing to give. I might be changing in a few weeks if I don't see MIA making schematic schemes to fix weaknesses.
It has more to do with their personnel than their schemes. Spoelstra can draw up whatever kinds of plays he wants, but the fact is that they don't have a low-post presence nor a reliable point guard to control the tempo of the game. I mean, was Bosh even on the floor in the fourth quarter? It doesn't look like he fits this team at all.

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 12:59 AM
It has more to do with their personnel than their schemes. Spoelstra can draw up whatever kinds of plays he wants, but the fact is that they don't have a low-post presence nor a reliable point guard to control the tempo of the game. I mean, was Bosh even on the floor in the fourth quarter? It doesn't look like he fits this team at all.

I think he should change the rotation patter a bit. Give Bosh more time on the floor w/ neither neither Lebron or Wade on the floor so he can do more of what he did in TOR. Although that's hard to do w/ Miller out.

As for the PG spot - play Chalmers more. I think CHalmers can play better D than Arroyo and spread the floor better. Let Wade/LBJ handle the PG duties.

Their lack of size tougness will always be their problem though - no fixing it IMO. Haslem and Z are both good backups, but they don't mesh well. 3 of the 4 MIA bigs are jump shooters and the other is way undersized.

Kevj77
11-12-2010, 01:07 AM
I always thought that the Lakers and Celtics were the teams to beat this year. Riley is going to build the Heat around the big 3. He eventually will get a low post player, a decent pg and better role players. The Lakers weren't built overnight that's what the Heat fans forgot when they went crazy predicting 72 wins and 7 championships in a row. They have a core, but not all the pieces to go with it. They will add to what they have and gel over time. They aren't a serious threat to Boston or LA this year.

SouthSideRookie
11-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Boston has always been the team to beat and it's not going to change.

BlueBolts21
11-12-2010, 01:12 AM
1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Miami

alchemist0123
11-12-2010, 01:14 AM
its still that 5 and 4 team down at southbeach, nevermind the celtics are the beast of the east, not the miami quee(n)rs.

xxcubs22xx
11-12-2010, 01:16 AM
They were always the team to beat in the East.

yeah...

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Every team has said this. Even the Heat, Bulls and Celtics; as well as their rivals from the West.

LeBroom
11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Eddie House must be wishing he was still on that Celtics Bench.... :p

Byronicle
11-12-2010, 01:37 AM

so did the US olympic team and yet they still dominated.

the fact that the big 3 has played with each other in all star games and in the olympics, you would think they wouldnt need anymore time to "jell"

Byronicle
11-12-2010, 01:40 AM

did MJ and Pippen have a real low post presence thru their championship runs?

they do have a realiable player that has PG duties and controls the tempo of the game, in fact they got 2 in Lebron and than in Wade

xxcubs22xx
11-12-2010, 01:40 AM
so did the US olympic team and yet they still dominated.

the fact that the big 3 has played with each other in all star games and in the olympics, you would think they wouldnt need anymore time to "jell"

It moreso has to do with getting acclimated in Spo's system.

But i think that its going to be really tough for them to jell. Shot selection is a biggie here. You can see how Boston's offense works in and out more then the Heat's. Its going to be tough for Miami because they are all primarily jump shooters

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
http://twitter.com/paulpierce34

It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J4KOP99
11-12-2010, 01:46 AM
I, along with a few other have been saying this all along.

You need depth at the 4 and 5 if you are going to compete with the Lakers and Celtics (and to a lesser extent, the Mavs, Spurs and possibly Orlando if they make some roster moves). Not only do the Heat not have any depth whatsoever... their main big man(Bosh) doesn't even play the role of a true Big. All of there big men choose to shoot 10-15 ft jumpers rather than back their man down... That is where they have been getting destroyed, they don't have an inside game. Haslem, Illgauskus and Bosh are all jump shooting big men and neither of them rebound that well.

It also is looking like Wade isn't built to be the 2nd option. He either does very well as the 1st option(39 the other night vs utah) or struggles as the 2nd option(both games vs. Boston) If one of LeBron or Wade is going to be the facilitator, it has to be LeBron... he has to get Wade going.

--The Heat will not win this year unless the 4 or 5 teams that are better than them all have significant injuries. Each off-season the Heat will add a few more pieces to the puzzle and I would not be surprised if the Heat win 3 or 4 titles in a row starting next season or the season following next.

MJ-BULLS
11-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Bulls can take Boston 6 or 7 games with Boozer healthy and posssibly beat em. Boston's been the top dog in my eyes from the beginning anyways.

i agree. we almost beat them up in Boston. if had boozer in that game we could of definitly beated them.

but back on the op question. the celtics have always been the team to beat in the east since the season started.

Dr Cyanide 28
11-12-2010, 01:49 AM
With all the hype of the big three and boozer going to the bulls, one thing that's a given, Boston is the Monster of the East and they're not going down easy. Rondo should also get mvp considerations and as a Cavs fan I'm giving Boston the Eastern Crown until someone knocks em off which won't happen.....Celtic fans enjoy it, your team deserves props, not disrespect to the other teams...you're proving it on the court and not on paper...

we havent even seen what boozer on the bulls can do yet :shrug:

J4KOP99
11-12-2010, 01:52 AM
i agree. we almost beat them up in Boston. if had boozer in that game we could of definitly beated them.

but back on the op question. the celtics have always been the team to beat in the east since the season started.

I will agree that the Bulls match-up incredibly well with Boston... better than anyone except LA.

With that said, I still don't know who closes out a game for Chicago. They have no go-to guy at the end of the game and instead just choose whoever is hot that night. If you guys could somehow get Carmelo(or another true scorer, idk who tho) then you would be good in those late game situations. But as of now, your two best scorers(Rose and Boozer) are very well defended by Rondo and Garnett, which hurts you guys at the end of games. The Celts have Pierce or Allen who are usually money at the end of a ballgame. You never know with Garnett on the offensive end late in the game.

Supreme LA
11-12-2010, 01:54 AM
I don't think anybody thought Miami was the favorites in the East except for Heat fans themselves. Boston has been the favorite and I hope some Heat fans have come down off their high horse and back to reality so they can finally show some respect for this Celtic team.

Dr Cyanide 28
11-12-2010, 02:01 AM
most talented roster does not equal best team. have to build it the right way and find right guys for the system

JJ_JKidd
11-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Who says theyre not? ESPN? Christ? LeFAIL!

mjt20mik
11-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Boston has always been the team to beat in the East, nothing has changed that yet. Whoever thinks that Miami would come out and automatically be the team to beat in the east is clearly wrong. Miami hasn't proven themselves yet but I suspect they will play more together as the season progresses.

IMO the coaching is horrible with Miami's lineup. You can't play Lebron as a PG throughout the whole game even though there's nothing wrong with that but you need a true PG to fill that role. They also have like nobody off the bench that can play good minutes off of the big 3.

This. It will be interesting to see how the Heat does when Miller comes back. But I could see Miami making a trade for a PG.

Dr Cyanide 28
11-12-2010, 02:08 AM
This. It will be interesting to see how the Heat does when Miller comes back. But I could see Miami making a trade for a PG.

with what pieces?

heathonater
11-12-2010, 02:54 AM
i think boston is much more motivated early on in the season due to the signing of wade,bosh, james in miami. however, we have to wait until the playoffs to see how miami improves and boston's health is no guarntee since garnet, pierce, and allen are getting older. plus im not sure if shaq or jermaine oneal can stay healthy as well.

JRisdabest
11-12-2010, 03:08 AM
celtics >lakers>heat

SouljahPhil...
11-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Lol..They has always been the team to beat..

ElMarroAfamado
11-12-2010, 03:52 AM
everyone knows the Celtics were the team to beat.....
this has been said before but this heat team is like a wack version of the Same ole cavs teams from years passed...it took them 7 years to build a cast around james ....and he could not do it....now they have to do the same for him in Miami.....he just doesnt have it...soon enough people will realize it...
he gets his numbers, over dribbles to get assists, is a horrible shooter that without the paint is nothing....that does not care about winning...
meanwhile the Celtics will prob coast all the way to the conference finals..

assisi805
11-12-2010, 04:56 AM
It's Obvious now? Geeze, I thought it was obvious when the 2010 Finals went to the 4th Quarter of Game 7 to prove it was obvious?

drobe86
11-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Congratulations Boston you are the champion of the first 8 games of the season. Whoopty do!! Who makes these threads? People watch 8 games and already know how the season will turn out. What happens when players get injured? Ray Allen falls into his yearly slump? Or what if they lose a few in a row or guys start to get injured? Then the flavor of the week will be that Boston is just too old, and Danny Ainge didn't do anything to improve the team. He didn't bring any youth, energy, and excitement. Sports fans are fickle in general but PSD sports fans are just ridiculous....

drobe86
11-12-2010, 05:05 AM
[QUOTE=J4KOP99;15535361]I, along with a few other have been saying this all along.

You need depth at the 4 and 5 if you are going to compete with the Lakers and Celtics (and to a lesser extent, the Mavs, Spurs and possibly Orlando if they make some roster moves). Not only do the Heat not have any depth whatsoever... their main big man(Bosh) doesn't even play the role of a true Big. All of there big men choose to shoot 10-15 ft jumpers rather than back their man down... That is where they have been getting destroyed, they don't have an inside game. Haslem, Illgauskus and Bosh are all jump shooting big men and neither of them rebound that well.

It also is looking like Wade isn't built to be the 2nd option. He either does very well as the 1st option(39 the other night vs utah) or struggles as the 2nd option(both games vs. Boston) If one of LeBron or Wade is going to be the facilitator, it has to be LeBron... he has to get Wade going.

--The Heat will not win this year unless the 4 or 5 teams that are better than them all have significant injuries. Each off-season the Heat will add a few more pieces to the puzzle and I would not be surprised if the Heat win 3 or 4 titles in a row starting next season or the season following next.[/QUOTE

Very solid post.....

hard_candy
11-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Exactly. The Heat have "european" i.e., soft, emotionally sensitive bigs at 4 and 5.

Why isn't anyone speaking up about how atrocious the Heat defense is?

[QUOTE=J4KOP99;15535361]I, along with a few other have been saying this all along.

--The Heat will not win this year unless the 4 or 5 teams that are better than them all have significant injuries. Each off-season the Heat will add a few more pieces to the puzzle and I would not be surprised if the Heat win 3 or 4 titles in a row starting next season or the season following next.[/QUOTE

Very solid post.....

TheGoodGerman
11-12-2010, 09:24 AM
No surprise. I always said Boston will be the team to beat. So as the Lakers. Those are locked. For 80% I think this will be the Finals. Lakers-Boston. These teams are TEAMS. Their core of players is perfectly fitted to each other. Watching Boston and the Lakers play is Basketball at the finest and I'm not fan of LA nor of the Celtics. But on-court chemistry and basketball-iq is so much higher through these two teams, that I don't see any other Roster being any competitive for them. Miami needs time. Orlando is slightly unperfect and the surprise-team-of-the-season (whoever this will be) has not a chance against LA or Boston.

Witness teamwork !

ldawg
11-12-2010, 09:54 AM
It took you guys 2 games to know this? I said Miami Heat will be the team to Beat after Lakers and Boston fall off.

Sly Guy
11-12-2010, 10:28 AM
I called the fact that all 3 we're going to be good together, as you have redundancy on the wing, too many guys who need the ball, and a finesse big-man instead of a grinder, but even at that, I wouldn't count them out yet.....it's still way too early to be making calls about who's finishing where.

GrumpyOldMan
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
did MJ and Pippen have a real low post presence thru their championship runs?they do have a realiable player that has PG duties and controls the tempo of the game, in fact they got 2 in Lebron and than in Wade

MJ and Pippen had the interior defence of Horrace Grant and then Dennis Rodman. Role players who knew their jobs and did them well. With these 2 and guys like Wennington and Longley, rebounding and defending the post was pretty well handled. This is what the Heat needs to address more than anything else IMO. Bosh and the the other Miami big men are getting rolled over.

bagwell368
11-12-2010, 11:02 AM

Big talk with our #1 Center on the bench, the #2 Center hurt constantly.

KG's knee is good, Rondo is entering his prime, Allen looks ready to go. Let's see at Playoff time.

mikantsass
11-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Two best teams in the NBA are Boston and LA.... anyone who knows basketball can see this

ravistarr
11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Big talk with our #1 Center on the bench, the #2 Center hurt constantly.

KG's knee is good, Rondo is entering his prime, Allen looks ready to go. Let's see at Playoff time.

We'll see how those old -ss legs hold up. Good luck with that.

Double_R
11-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Bosh should stop tweeting and start working on his rebounding, post game, defense, etc... all the things that the Heat need. NO DOMINANT BIGS = NO RINGS

dnewguy
11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I didn't know that we can tell the best team with 73 games left to be played. The Heat team is still new folks, after All Star we will know what we need to know about them.

69centers
11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
We'll see how those old -ss legs hold up. Good luck with that.

Lakers won two championships in a row, being the oldest average age team in the league. So, your point isn't valid.

Mishmin
11-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Boston looks real nice.

For me, Miami's gonna need a new pg distributor, and a shot blocking center who guards the paint. Let's say a Jose Calderon and a Samuel Dalembert. They do have some nice role players still in House and Haslem.

Heater4life
11-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Boston has always been the team to beat and will remain that until the playoffs begin.

Miami right now is a team growing together and accustomed to one another. Its a team still grasping new concepts, i.e Bosh's lack of rotation on Rondos dunk. Those things will begin to get taken care of as the season progresses. Mike Millers return will add another shooter/ ball handler into the rotation which is always a need with this team.

Just a reminder to all, Miami has implemented 0 offensive sets as of yet, out of 400+ sets Spoelstra has in place. This gives everyone an idea of where this team is at. There a growing team. If your going to beat Miami its now, not in Feb/Mar.

Great game by Boston last night, im glad they gave us a whoopin, losses build character on a team with this much talent.

Rivera
11-12-2010, 12:34 PM
http://twitter.com/paulpierce34

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :clap: freaking paul pierce my dude

Avenged
11-12-2010, 12:48 PM
It's been obvious they were the team to beat to everyone except Heat fans. [and some other Heat supporters]

They have a great frontcourt which causes them problems [Celtics], but they also have a great PG which causes them even more problems. The Heat have to fix those holes in order to beat the Celtics, if not they better hope they don't meet them in the playoffs.

justinnum1
11-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Boston has always been the team to beat and will remain that until the playoffs begin.

Miami right now is a team growing together and accustomed to one another. Its a team still grasping new concepts, i.e Bosh's lack of rotation on Rondos dunk. Those things will begin to get taken care of as the season progresses. Mike Millers return will add another shooter/ ball handler into the rotation which is always a need with this team.

Just a reminder to all, Miami has implemented 0 offensive sets as of yet, out of 400+ sets Spoelstra has in place. This gives everyone an idea of where this team is at. There a growing team. If your going to beat Miami its now, not in Feb/Mar.

Great game by Boston last night, im glad they gave us a whoopin, losses build character on a team with this much talent.

This.

Branwegner84
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I always said that Boston way team in the East. There's way to much depth for them not to be. Both the Bulls and the Heat will be good teams for years to come, but Boston has had years to add depth at every position, gain experience, and gel as a team. There will be a change of power in future, just not right now.

I my opinion I don't think Rondo is a MVP, this is nothing against Rondo cause he been playing great. I not even sure if Rondo is the MVP of his team, he is the glue that holds everything together, but in my opinion not a MVP.

redsox0717
11-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Don't worry Heat fans, at least you're still #1 in Hollinger's rankings.

:laugh:

ackar
11-12-2010, 01:02 PM
this is NEWS, how? That was a given said it before until they get knocked off NBA champion Lakers team to beat then the Celtics rules the east. Too me it does not matter about anyone else until playoff time then it is your chance to knock off one of the b ig dogs!

mjt20mik
11-12-2010, 01:24 PM
with what pieces?

There were some rumors that the Heat were pushing to make a trade for Jack from the Raptors. I'm sure they could include like 2 of their expirings plus a pick and cash for Jack.

Kashmir13579
11-12-2010, 01:31 PM
easily

FadeAwayLikeMJ
11-12-2010, 01:49 PM
i thought the previous years' Eastern Conference Champs were always the team to beat in the East.

shows how much i know ;)

69centers
11-13-2010, 12:28 AM

I'm not buying this. Doc Rivers had no trouble with our big 3 their first year. They were jelling together since our preseason in Europe. We didn't lose our 4th game of the year until January. Coming along too slowly could be a reflection of Spoelstra. They've had plenty of time by now. They are NBA players, and the big 3 have all played 7 years now.

uchiha
11-13-2010, 12:33 AM
if Rondo could shoot, he'd be the best PG.. maybe even best player.. in the NBA

I wish that we had a PG even half as good as Rondo

Tony_Starks
11-13-2010, 12:38 AM
When have the reigning eastern conf champs NOT been the team to beat in the east? Don't believe the hype, Boston may very well be in the finals losing to the Lakers again this year......

AIRMAR72
11-13-2010, 02:35 AM
did MJ and Pippen have a real low post presence thru their championship runs?

they do have a realiable player that has PG duties and controls the tempo of the game, in fact they got 2 in Lebron and than in Wade
they had micheal jeffery jordan thats why da GREATEST post up SG ever post and toast and anybody WITH EAZE

AIRMAR72
11-13-2010, 02:50 AM
IM no boston fan but they the team to beat in da NBA starting 5 are all future hall of famers they look fit and ready and focus the effort and rotion on defense is still intact plus across the board they have heart cant teach that