PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavs Fans Jump The Shark, Claim SI Kids Cover is Mocking Them

D Roses Bulls
11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Above is recent issue of Sports Illustrated for Kids featuring a artist rendering of Miami Thrice as the Three Musketeers.

Well, as to be expected, Cleveland Cavaliers fans and general Clevelanders decided to freak out that this cover is taking a cheap shot at their team.

We get more from NewsNet 5 in Cleveland:

The cover image features the Cavs former star, LeBron James, and his teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. And Miami’s “Big Three” are dressed in Cavalier garb--likely a Three Musketeers reference--with Miami Heat jerseys that have a wine-and-gold tint.

The words “All for One” are followed with “And Wins for All?”

After the departure of James, the Cavs shifted to a new image and model, which is highlighted by the team’s slogan, “All for One. One for All.” The slogan has been used in commercials, apparel and on the team’s website.

http://thatnbalotterypick.blogspot.com/2010/11/cleveland-cavs-fans-jump-shark-claim-si.html

tcav701
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
These guys are turning into cartoon characters.

Hunter48MVP
11-11-2010, 07:32 PM
This is not good for Cleveland. If I were them I would be pist

homestarunner93
11-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought it was a ridiculous claim when I just heard about the caricatures on the front of the SI magazine, but after seeing that they are mocking their team motto as well, its pretty obvious what SI had in mind here.

black1605
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
They still publish SI for Kids?

Bank$23
11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
lol

haggis
11-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Is Buzz Beamer still in SI for kids? I loved that **** when I was young...

Jenceman
11-11-2010, 07:53 PM
It seems like it is mocking. Way too close to be a coincidence.

D Roses Bulls
11-11-2010, 07:55 PM
It seems like it is mocking. Way too close to be a coincidence.

agreed

Hoopsadvocate
11-11-2010, 07:58 PM
lol its obviously a 3 musketeers reference. Get over it cleveland ur embarrassing yourself now. The media cares about the HEAT not the cavs. No reason to mock a faceless franchise now.

PurpleJesus
11-11-2010, 08:07 PM
lol its obviously a 3 musketeers reference. Get over it cleveland ur embarrassing yourself now. The media cares about the HEAT not the cavs. No reason to mock a faceless franchise now.

and some Miami fans wonder why people are turning on them.

godolphins
11-11-2010, 08:07 PM
:laugh: Classic

Skippy15
11-11-2010, 08:14 PM

No wonder so many people hate the heat now

lavilevi23
11-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Lmfao

Hoopsadvocate
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
No wonder so many people hate the heat now

sorry but its only because of all the needless hate we've faced u can only be a nice guy to that for so long. Now its a I dont give a crap attitude. So i say stop crying and play basketball.

Klivlend
11-11-2010, 08:21 PM
huh?

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_244000/FF_244087_xl.jpg

PurpleJesus
11-11-2010, 08:22 PM
sorry but its only because of all the needless hate we've faced u can only be a nice guy to that for so long. Now its a I dont give a crap attitude. So i say stop crying and play basketball.

lol, you talk like you play for them

IDB Josh M
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm usually on Cleveland's side in the Cleveland vs LBJ talk, but Cleveland is being a little onion skinned.

Musketeer =/= Cavalier

A Cavalier was the Parliamentary members and other nobles who were loyal to Charles the First during the English Civil War (1642–1651).

A musketeer has two meanings:
1. An early type infantry soldier that used muskets
2. The book by Alexander Dumas about a young man trying to join up with his friends, the titular Three Muskateers, and becoming a member of a unit of the Royal Guard of France and his adventures. The story is set in the mid 1800's. This is probably what the SI for Kids is trying to get at, all that "All for one and one for all" stuff.

If Cleveland was a little more learned or cultured, they probably wouldn't have gotten upset.

krazylegz
11-11-2010, 09:00 PM
why are cleveland fans mad??....miami is what? the 4th best team in the league,maybe not even that good....so,its pretty much just an annoying little cousin poking at you.....and whats the proof cleveland fans are mad about this??

SteveNash
11-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Cleveland has a graduation rate of nearly 50%:
http://www.cleveland.com/pdgraphics/index.ssf/2009/05/cleveland_high_schools_graduat.html

Not a huge shock if most in Cleveland think Three Musketeers is just a candy bar.

CavsYanksDuke
11-11-2010, 09:23 PM
The last five posts have been hilarious.

pd1dish
11-11-2010, 09:40 PM
and some Miami fans wonder why people are turning on them.

THIS!!! miami is quickly becoming the yankees of the nba solely based on their fan base. they are the most arrogant, egotistical fan base in the nba. they think EVERYTHING is about them and they think theyre the **** even though this current miami team is totally unproven.

bholly
11-11-2010, 09:47 PM
agreed

So you agree they're justified in being upset? How have they 'jumped the shark'?

John Walls Era
11-11-2010, 09:58 PM
:laugh:

king4day
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I woulda rather Bosh be wearing a Barney outfit.

Based on what I'm reading, it certainly sounds like it was a jab at Cleveland. I woulda expected this on the cover of SI, but not the kids edition. Kinda messed up.

I don't even blame these three. I really don't think it was there idea. Granted, James shouldn't have approved doing it, but still, SI has got some real balls.

G-Bay New J
11-11-2010, 10:41 PM
THIS!!! miami is quickly becoming the yankees of the nba solely based on their fan base. they are the most arrogant, egotistical fan base in the nba. they think EVERYTHING is about them and they think theyre the **** even though this current miami team is totally unproven.

Says the Chicago Bulls fan...

jkcronyn
11-11-2010, 10:51 PM
i mean you have to consider though that its si kids... the people who right that are staff of si and knock it out in like 45 minutes so im sure it was either a left over idea or last minute thing.. if this were the cover over si it'd be a big deal but it being on si kids is childish.. no pun intended

prodigy
11-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I did not even see that. Ya thats pretty disrespectful. Cavs fans have every right to be mad.

Kiss Ma Grits
11-12-2010, 12:18 AM
as a cavs fan, I'm over it seeing how Miami's not winning nothing anyway unless one of Boston's big three go down. Shaq's new rap remix "Lebron, tell me how my ___ taste" lmbo!!!!!!!

Raps08-09 Champ
11-12-2010, 12:46 AM
:laugh2: I thought it was pretty funny.

But is Cleveland really still not over LBJ? Everything he does, they criticize and the slightest thing related to Cleveland, they say it's bashing.

It porbably was a thing at Cleveland but I didn't even know what a Cavalier was until they started *****ing about this cver.

D Roses Bulls
11-12-2010, 12:59 AM
So you agree they're justified in being upset? How have they 'jumped the shark'?

huh? the title is not mine for one and for two i agreed with that it does seem like a coincidence thats what i mean by agreed. honestly i dont care. its just a game