PDA

View Full Version : Do you think basketball wise Bosh made the right decision?

ericchow
11-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I agreed with him leaving Toronto because the team was not going to be more thn a 8th seed and Bosh is not on the level as a Kobe, Wade, or Lebron so I don't fault him for wanting to play with any of those guys. I believe he would have been a better fit in Chicago, New Jersey, or Cleveland (in a sign and trade).

I think in Chicago he would have been second scoring option if Lebron had joined and his flaws on defense and rebounding would not have been exposed playing with Noah who excels in rebounding and defense. Bulls would have had Rose, Deng, Noah, Korver, Noah, Bosh.

I think in New Jersey he would have been the second scoring option to Lebron had Lebron joined the Nets after. They would have had Lopez and Devin Harris to compliment Lebron and Bosh.

I think him doing a sign and trade to Cleveland would have been ideal because I felt all they needed was a great defensive point guard like a Darren Collison and Byron Scott is a better coach than Erik is and more experienced. Shaq would have most likely come back and do the dirty work.

Jonathan2323
11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
There should be a official Bosh thread in the NBA forum you guys love talking about him. Yes it was the right move he was the youngest and most talented PF in FA. Bosh made the right move because he chose the place where he had the best chance at winning.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
I agreed with him leaving Toronto because the team was not going to be more thn a 8th seed and Bosh is not on the level as a Kobe, Wade, or Lebron so I don't fault him for wanting to play with any of those guys. I believe he would have been a better fit in Chicago, New Jersey, or Cleveland (in a sign and trade).

I think in Chicago he would have been second scoring option if Lebron had joined and his flaws on defense and rebounding would not have been exposed playing with Noah who excels in rebounding and defense. Bulls would have had Rose, Deng, Noah, Korver, Noah, Bosh.

I think in New Jersey he would have been the second scoring option to Lebron had Lebron joined the Nets after. They would have had Lopez and Devin Harris to compliment Lebron and Bosh.

I think him doing a sign and trade to Cleveland would have been ideal because I felt all they needed was a great defensive point guard like a Darren Collison and Byron Scott is a better coach than Erik is and more experienced. Shaq would have most likely come back and do the dirty work.

2 Noah's, damn, we should be damn good at rebounding then. And ripping on KG.

beasted86
11-11-2010, 04:38 PM
There should be a official Bosh thread in the NBA forum you guys love talking about him. Yes it was the right move he was the youngest and most talented PF in FA. Bosh made the right move because he chose the place where he had the best chance at winning.

Co-sign with everything here, especially the Bosh thread.

But anyway: 1) best chance to win; 2) most exposure; 3) lots of money. Win-win-win.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 04:42 PM

But anyway: 1) best chance to win; 2) most exposure; 3) lots of money. Win-win-win.

Absolutely made the right move for this contract. LBJ and Wade can carry him to a couple rings. (assuming the new CBA allows them to improve.)

The negative side of it however is taking the 3rd option role and deminishing production prevents him from getting anywhere near MAX money when this contract expires.

Save your money Bosh.

mikealike305
11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
yes he made the right move for the reasons stated above. it looks like he doesnt belong in miami right NOW but give it time.

CBCable
11-11-2010, 05:07 PM

youngest, sure. most talented? stat and dirk might have something to say about that

justinnum1
11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
youngest, sure. most talented? stat and dirk might have something to say about that

:facepalm: Stats injury prone and plays no D, Dirk was not leaving Dallas.

mjt20mik
11-11-2010, 05:12 PM
He made the right decision no doubt. He's just taking sometime to adapt to what Miami is doing. Remember, that the Heat added a ton of new faces, so it will take some time for everyone to get accustomed to Spo's system.

mjt20mik
11-11-2010, 05:14 PM

Regardless, they were both FA and that's whats being argued.

:facepalm:

CBCable
11-11-2010, 05:15 PM

so, he's the youngest, most talented, non injury prone PF in free agency who was willing to leave his original team.

pretty specific parameters is all i'm saying.

stejay
11-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes. It was the best option.

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I think the ideal move for Bosh in terms of winning would have been pushing for a sign and trade with LA for Bynum. The rumours were flying around about that last season, and it would have put him on a proven championship team and there would have been less pressure for him to perform because with Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Artest, they wouldnt need as much productivity from him as the Heat need, and considering the limited time Bynum had, I dont see how Bosh could have hurt LA's rotation.

Leaving TO was a sound choice though. I am a Raptors fan and I dont blame him for a second. Considering the fact that Colangelo took over a playoff team, fired a great coach, messed around with the roster and turned the team into a lottery team and then passed up on guys like Granger, Roy, and Biedrins, it was clear that this Raptors team was going nowhere fast. Was the Heat the right choice? I dont think so. I think LA would have put him in a better position to win, and gain a big market for potential merchandise/jersey sales and potential endorsements. Right now he's just the guy who plays with Wade and Bron on the 5-3 Heat.

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2010, 05:28 PM
He made the right decision no doubt. He's just taking sometime to adapt to what Miami is doing. Remember, that the Heat added a ton of new faces, so it will take some time for everyone to get accustomed to Spo's system.

I think you mean it will take time for Spo to prove that he's a mid-level coach so that Riley can talk him into 'stepping down to spend more time with his family' and take over as coach himself ;-)

mjt20mik
11-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I think the ideal move for Bosh in terms of winning would have been pushing for a sign and trade with LA for Bynum. The rumours were flying around about that last season, and it would have put him on a proven championship team and there would have been less pressure for him to perform because with Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Artest, they wouldnt need as much productivity from him as the Heat need, and considering the limited time Bynum had, I dont see how Bosh could have hurt LA's rotation.

Leaving TO was a sound choice though. I am a Raptors fan and I dont blame him for a second. Considering the fact that Colangelo took over a playoff team, fired a great coach, messed around with the roster and turned the team into a lottery team and then passed up on guys like Granger, Roy, and Biedrins, it was clear that this Raptors team was going nowhere fast. Was the Heat the right choice? I dont think so. I think LA would have put him in a better position to win, and gain a big market for potential merchandise/jersey sales and potential endorsements. Right now he's just the guy who plays with Wade and Bron on the 5-3 Heat.

Uhh lets just get this straight. Colangelo did not take over a playoff team. The raptors were terrible, which is why they got the 1st overall pick. And it was Rob Babcock that picked Graham over Granger. Sam Mitchell was an average coach, but was not in sync with his players.

mjt20mik
11-11-2010, 05:30 PM
I think you mean it will take time for Spo to prove that he's a mid-level coach so that Riley can talk him into 'stepping down to spend more time with his family' and take over as coach himself ;-)

LMAO. I don't know what exactly went down with Pat and Stan that year, but he's been good with Spo so far. I guess depending on how the Heat do in the playoffs this year will define if Spo comes back next year.

Rivera
11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Bosh choose to go to miami

Therefore he made the right desicion

even if he is second guessing it he chose it so it was the right desicion at the time

homestarunner93
11-11-2010, 05:46 PM
so, he's the youngest, most talented, non injury prone PF in free agency who was willing to leave his original team.

And Sean May is the fattest, most talented PF who was drafted with the 13th pick in 2005 and was available in FA this year.

ink
11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I think he would have contributed more to the Bulls playing beside Noah. That would have been an amazing combo and people's estimation of Bosh would have been much much higher.

CBCable
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM
And Sean May is the fattest, most talented PF who was drafted with the 13th pick in 2005 and was available in FA this year.

hahahaha well done

DoMeFavors
11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Are you guys forgeting that Bosh commited to Miami before LeBron. So maybe he thought it would be him and wade along with role players.

beasted86
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Absolutely made the right move for this contract. LBJ and Wade can carry him to a couple rings. (assuming the new CBA allows them to improve.)

The negative side of it however is taking the 3rd option role and deminishing production prevents him from getting anywhere near MAX money when this contract expires.

Save your money Bosh.

Why would a guy on a great team that's possibly winning championships and giving him the best chance to win more championships and continue getting exposure ever become a free agent?

Assuming things go as planned and he suffers no career altering injuries between then and now, 3 more years from now when Bosh has 1yr left on his deal he will sign an extension for once again near the max. He will get a clone contract to Pau Gasol at the same age.

Jays Claw
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM

Over the last two seasons, both Bosh and Stoudemire have played the same amount of games (214). So does that mean Bosh is injury prone too? And there's no use in saying "Stoudemire plays no D" because Bosh's awful defense is no better.

JordansBulls
11-11-2010, 06:06 PM
No not to be a for sure 3rd option on a team.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Why would a guy on a great team that's possibly winning championships and giving him the best chance to win more championships and continue getting exposure ever become a free agent?

Assuming things go as planned and he suffers no career altering injuries between then and now, 3 more years from now when Bosh has 1yr left on his deal he will sign an extension for once again near the max. He will get a clone contract to Pau Gasol at the same age.

Sorry man I cant take this post seriously.

And please dont compare Bosh and Gasol.

faze38
11-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes he made a horrible desicion! I mean yes on paper that is a great team but the fact of the matter is he is the third opton and will rarely get the ball in his hands and be allowed to do what he does best and that's create his own shot! If he was smart he would have joined Lebron in Cleveland or even better the Heat should have used the rest of the money they had for a max to build a solid defensive team around them! I mean Lebron is one player they could have upgraded the Center and Point Guard position and then traded Beasley for a SF like Iggy or Deng and rounded out their team with a well balanced and solid squad from top to bottom!

thescore53
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Are you guys forgeting that Bosh commited to Miami before LeBron. So maybe he thought it would be him and wade along with role players.

if u thought he found out when we did then ur very naive. when wilbon asked bosh if he had any words about lebron wade couldn't control his laughter in the background.

faze38
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes. It was the best option.

You say that cause u know the Lakers are gonna whoop them with that completly unbalanced roster if they are lucky enough to make it to the finals!

dtmagnet
11-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I think he would have been better in Houston, could have been the number one option and had a fantastic team around him.

pacofunk64
11-11-2010, 06:16 PM

Yup...he knew what he was getting himself into anyways. He knew his stats were likely not going to be as good as they were before. I think he would rather win then have great stats.

DoMeFavors
11-11-2010, 06:16 PM
if u thought he found out when we did then ur very naive. when wilbon asked bosh if he had any words about lebron wade couldn't control his laughter in the background.

Yeah I mean im just saying but your probably right, im sure LeBron told them to commit first so he wouldnt look like a bad guy leaving to win and play with 2 all stars.

thescore53
11-11-2010, 06:17 PM

u would give bosh that amount again? bosh is nowhere near gasol.

beasted86
11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Based on your responses you are both lacking in reading comprehension. "Assuming things go as planned" means that Bosh bounces back to playing at a high level and he helps the Heat win championships. Using that disclaimer Bosh would be valued as much as Gasol is and would warrant a near max contract the same like Gasol got when Bosh turns 29.

thescore53
11-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Based on your responses you are both lacking in reading comprehension. "Assuming things go as planned" means that Bosh bounces back to playing at a high level and he helps the Heat win championships. Using that disclaimer Bosh would be valued as much as Gasol is and would warrant a near max contract the same like Gasol got when Bosh turns 29.

no he wouldnt.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
no he wouldnt.

x2

To say Bosh, even at his best, is as valuable as Gasol is to his team is asinine. Bosh will never get near a MAX again unless he toughens up on D and that's not gonna happen overnight.

rabueed
11-11-2010, 07:29 PM
We can bicker and complain about whether or not Bosh made the right or wrong decision as much as we want. However, Bosh left Toronto for a couple of reasons, but namely one goal: To win a championship.

So, if in his stay at Miami, he doesn't win a championship? Then we can discuss this. The fact of the matter is it's way too early to determine.

haggis
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM

:laugh2:

Gasol pwns Rupual

smith&wesson
11-11-2010, 07:44 PM

amare is not that injury prone. and he is way better then bosh in the play offs. he everages like 28 ppg in play off games, boshs' averages in the play offs are no where near that. dont be a homber do your research before you speak.

theyre career numbers are almost identical, only amare has been in the league longer and its harder to keep good stats up for longer period of time and like i said, in the play offs its not even comparable. amare gets the vote.

and dirk is def better thats not even a discussion.

beasted86
11-11-2010, 07:52 PM
no he wouldnt.

Yeah you are right. Teams that have won championships with their core usually don't try and re-sign their in-prime starters.

It's funny how you guys who keep talking about Bosh not being a star and being a scrub counted as the big 3 are the only ones that seem to still be concerned 5 months later whether he is a good fit on the Heat and whether he deserves the hype he gets. Meanwhile most logical Heat fans know things take time. Bosh through his 4 games in October averaged 13 ppg on 45%, 6 reb, 1 blk, 1 ast. Bosh through the next 4 in November has averaged 16.5 ppg on 48%, 5 reb, 1.5 blk, 2 ast. This shows that some progress is being made. Before the all-star break granted Spoelstra doesn't do anything stupid, and Bosh doesn't get injured... I expect him to be closer to the 18 PPG/ 9 REB many expected.

haggis
11-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Meanwhile most logical Heat fans know things take time..

Then why did every Heat "fan" predict not only a championship, but a realistic shot at 72-10? Riddle me that Mr. Logic...

tcav701
11-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Then why did every Heat "fan" predict not only a championship, but a realistic shot at 72-10? Riddle me that Mr. Logic...

They will continue to make excuses and slowy retract their July statements, citing the same reasons everyone else said over the summer, except passing them as their own ideas.

godolphins
11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
When it's not a Lebron or Heat thread it's a Bosh thread.

masTOR_shake1
11-11-2010, 08:06 PM
he made the right move,,at the time he made his choice it was only him and wade on board so he had to assume that given all the suters for lebron.

thescore53
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah you are right. Teams that have won championships with their core usually don't try and re-sign their in-prime starters.

It's funny how you guys who keep talking about Bosh not being a star and being a scrub counted as the big 3 are the only ones that seem to still be concerned 5 months later whether he is a good fit on the Heat and whether he deserves the hype he gets. Meanwhile most logical Heat fans know things take time. Bosh through his 4 games in October averaged 13 ppg on 45%, 6 reb, 1 blk, 1 ast. Bosh through the next 4 in November has averaged 16.5 ppg on 48%, 5 reb, 1.5 blk, 2 ast. This shows that some progress is being made. Before the all-star break granted Spoelstra doesn't do anything stupid, and Bosh doesn't get injured... I expect him to be closer to the 18 PPG/ 9 REB many expected.

didnt say he wouldnt be resigned but at max money ? as a third opton ?
does LA pay odom that much ?

haggis
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM

I'm confused. Are you calling Bosh a star? Cause those aren't "star" numbers, and "progress being made" should be saved for Dexter Pittman, not the supposed #1 PF in the game...

ragee
11-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Playing with 2 of the top 3 players in the league? Yes...

thescore53
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM

i think he would made more money in chicago. huge market and he'll share num 1 option alongside rose... and bulls would payed him his 130 max contract ridicoulous.

or maybe if the bosh for bynum trade happened.