PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph trade to detroit

Run&Gun
11-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Hey I was wondering what memphis fans thought of trading Z-bo to Detroit. I'm not a pistons fan, but I'm curious what you guys think. Since Z-bo is not getting the contract extension and there isn't enough money to go around, what about this trade

Randolph and 2nd round pick to Pistons

Prince & Maxiel to Memphis

It's a pretty good trade for both teams, since Detroit obviously needs to rebuild and they have Jonas Jerebko and Austin Daye to fill out the SF position.

For Memphis they get an expiring in prince, someone to teach Rudy Gay some defensive tips, and you get Maxiell good hustle player, plays good D, and has decent face up game.
What do you guys think?

Hellcrooner
11-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Where s the Dotline?

One less Ballhog , DEFENSIVE MINDED Pf who is somwhat young a good defender for depth at SF and money to extend Oj and Marc.

TOo good to happn tough.

MrfadeawayJB
11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
No thanks...if we trade randolph we could get more value than that for him.

Hellcrooner
11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
No thanks...if we trade randolph we could get more value than that for him.

Not reaally.

In any case he being a hughe expiring can give memphis back a Fake Troubled long contracted declining star.

B Diavis, Eton Brand, Arenas or something of the like

Afridi786
11-11-2010, 04:08 PM
^Or they can let him expire, since all those guys have bad contracts, or they could trade him to the Cavs or Toronto for their TPE and few young players, a lot better than Prince & a bench warmer in Maxiell.

Run&Gun
11-11-2010, 04:49 PM
I think if I were the memphis owner I would not just want him to expire and leave, and you can't really trade and sign him because Memphis just doesn't have the cap space to take on more salary than they all ready have. Granted Zach Randolph is a legit 20 and 10 guy and his attitude on the floor seems to be pretty good I just don't see many other places you could trade him where you get a young piece back. I think the bobcats and pacers could use him too, but there's no one on either team that would really help the grizzlies not unless you guys wanted TJ Ford, Hansborough and a 1st maybe?

Gram
11-12-2010, 09:17 AM
^Or they can let him expire, since all those guys have bad contracts, or they could trade him to the Cavs or Toronto for their TPE and few young players, a lot better than Prince & a bench warmer in Maxiell.

You won't getta trade exception for Randolph, I promise.

Big Quett
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey I was wondering what memphis fans thought of trading Z-bo to Detroit. I'm not a pistons fan, but I'm curious what you guys think. Since Z-bo is not getting the contract extension and there isn't enough money to go around, what about this trade

Randolph and 2nd round pick to Pistons

Prince & Maxiel to Memphis

It's a pretty good trade for both teams, since Detroit obviously needs to rebuild and they have Jonas Jerebko and Austin Daye to fill out the SF position.

For Memphis they get an expiring in prince, someone to teach Rudy Gay some defensive tips, and you get Maxiell good hustle player, plays good D, and has decent face up game.
What do you guys think?

How? Zach is a 20 and 10 impact player. Prince is an average SF NOW. And Maxiel doesn't even play on a 2-6 team.

Run&Gun
11-12-2010, 05:42 PM
How? Zach is a 20 and 10 impact player. Prince is an average SF NOW. And Maxiel doesn't even play on a 2-6 team.

The problem is the reason why this trade will go down. The grizzlies have a very small window that they can work with
1. They really need an expiring contract period.
2. I don't see many teams that could use him and I'm pretty sure some still worry about his attitude and past history.
3. This is a financial move not a talent move, you're not trading Randolph to make your team better, you're making it to make move for money.
4. You have a to find a team that has money to resign him, pretty short list

Basically if you look around the league short list of teams that will fit that critera. Also how can you get equal talent if the maximum contract you can take back is like 5-6 million dollars on the long term. Even if you trade for a young player on a rookie contract you won't be able to resign them anyways so what's the point? If you look around the league there's like maybe 3-4 teams that could really use Randolph and that's it.

MrfadeawayJB
11-12-2010, 05:43 PM

This...why would we want a backup sf and a undersized hustle guy for a walking double double, allstar player

mzgrizz
11-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Hell no
Zbo won't go

Suns4ever67
11-21-2010, 03:14 PM
I hopy my Suns are looking into Zach. We have lots of talented wing players to deal and a need for a true PF. I can only hope. I'd be really surprised if Zach is still a Grizzly after the trade deadline, because you don't have the cap space to come anywhere close to what he is asking.

iGerman
11-21-2010, 05:22 PM
whats up guys... would you guys do Billups and Balkman for Z-Bo. I noticed you guys only have one good true PG on the team.

MrfadeawayJB
11-21-2010, 05:39 PM
^^^^^
LMAO seriously?

iGerman
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
...Yes...You guys are most likley not able to keep Gasol and Z-Bo, so why not get rid of him for something. Billups could teach Conley some stuff. And Mayo wouldn't have to play PG as much. But I understand, he averages like a double-double

JB0B0
11-21-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't see the Grizz trading Z-Bo. He's key to the Grizz making a playoff push.

mzgrizz
11-22-2010, 01:12 AM
^^^^^^I don't think he'll be traded either; especially after his phenomenal performance coming off the bench last night. Heisley was in attendance last night and the crowd's reaction and love of ZBo PLUS his never give up attitude surely was not lost on Heisley.

Big Quett
11-22-2010, 04:21 AM
The problem is the reason why this trade will go down. The grizzlies have a very small window that they can work with
1. They really need an expiring contract period.
2. I don't see many teams that could use him and I'm pretty sure some still worry about his attitude and past history.
3. This is a financial move not a talent move, you're not trading Randolph to make your team better, you're making it to make move for money.
4. You have a to find a team that has money to resign him, pretty short list

Basically if you look around the league short list of teams that will fit that critera. Also how can you get equal talent if the maximum contract you can take back is like 5-6 million dollars on the long term. Even if you trade for a young player on a rookie contract you won't be able to resign them anyways so what's the point? If you look around the league there's like maybe 3-4 teams that could really use Randolph and that's it.

If it is about money and expiring contracts why not let him walk? Instead of gaining a contract like Jason who would probably not even play? Your reasoning makes no sense.

Dont get upset because nobody wants ANYTHING that your team has. Somebody says no to your pitiful little "offer" and you start to bash us? With or without Zach i would still take the Grizz for the future.

fadedmario
11-25-2010, 03:02 AM
On Fox Detroit tonight it said Dumars was interested in Zach Randolph

MrfadeawayJB
11-25-2010, 01:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^
I'm sure there are alot of Gm's that like Z-BO!!!..lol wtf

mzgrizz
11-25-2010, 07:23 PM
On Fox Detroit tonight it said Dumars was interested in Zach Randolph

I'm sure he is after ZBo manhandled his team!!!