PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Hornets Have Inquired About Iguodala

JordansBulls
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/21368/hornets-not-resting-on-laurels

The Hornets are on the lookout for clubs that fall far short of expectations before the February trade deadline. The logic is that some of those bad or mediocre teams will be looking to dump good players with big contracts for expiring deals.

When that occurs, the Hornets hope Stojakovic's contract can help them make a splash. New Orleans is looking to trade his deal, which pays him $15.3 million this year, for a borderline All-Star type who complements Chris Paul.

The Hornets have already contacted Philadelphia about Andre Iguodala. But the Sixers, who aren't yet sure they're willing to move Iguodala, rebuffed them fairly quickly. Philadelphia's getting lots of calls about Iguodala and will have plenty of options if it decides to trade him.

New Orleans might be a viable one, with the Hornets capable of throwing in a young talent like Marcus Thornton or Marco Belinelli alongside Stojakovic.

Iguodala would seem to be a great fit alongside Paul, as long as the Hornets were able to keep some outside shooters (i.e. Belinelli).

dtmagnet
11-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Would be a great compliment to Chris Paul IMO.

zambo4president
11-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Now this is a move they need to make. That'd be a smart pickup for them.

Mckphins
11-10-2010, 08:28 PM
just hope it doesnt take too long

JB0B0
11-10-2010, 08:38 PM
three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo
NO receives - Deng and Bulls 2nd rounder
DEN receives - Peja, Taj, JJ, Bulls 2011 1st rounder

Raidaz4Life
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
That's who the Hornets should have gone after this offseason when they had Collison as trade bait.

jimbobjarree
11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
nice to see. No way the Hornets can afford to play a 2nd/3rd option the money that Iguadala makes, but they are willing to sacrafice the big cash to keep Paul happy, and the team sucessful.

I hope the Jazz are in the market to make aggresive move like that as well with AK's expiring

TheHoopsProphet
11-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Andre Iguana would be Shane Mary N. on ROIDS next to Christopher Paul. Can you imagine all the dunks, the windmills, the spins, the twists, the backflips, the cartwheels, the rollie pollies that would take place with A.I. and C3PO on the floor together at least? That aint just good, thats mocha almond fudge ice cream good! Gimme a scoop a' that Puh-LEASE BABY Boiiii! **** YEA! IM PUMPED!

gusdiddles
11-10-2010, 08:52 PM
how about his

denver gets : favours, evan turner, okafor
NO gets : iggy
76ers get : jr smith , devin harris
nets get : melo

jeter4president
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Andre Iguana would be Shane Mary N. on ROIDS next to Christopher Paul. Can you imagine all the dunks, the windmills, the spins, the twists, the backflips, the cartwheels, the rollie pollies that would take place with A.I. and C3PO on the floor together at least? That aint just good, thats mocha almond fudge ice cream good! Gimme a scoop a' that Puh-LEASE BABY Boiiii! **** YEA! IM PUMPED!

i dont think ive ever seen someone as excited about a POTENTIAL trade....ever.

love the enthusiasm tho.

TheHoopsProphet
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo

orgasm in my MIND right now, I think i came twice. thank you, and let Denver deal with the NBAs trash, its already a dump!

aussie
11-10-2010, 08:55 PM
not giving up okafor, his inform atm and connecting well with CP3
i'd say only people hornets will trade are peja, thornton and alexander
take ur pick :)

saintdrew
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM
As soon as Dell Demps and Monty Williams were hired, they were after Andre Iguodala hardcore.

This was before the Trevor Ariza trade, but during the Chris Paul fiasco. Demps knew he had to trade for a prime player to put along side Paul in order to keep him in NOLA. We did inquire about Iguodala and also Carmelo Anthony.

I just really really really hope this trade goes down. This would be great for us.

But for everyone to hear me out on this, I need to tell you that as a die-hard Hornets fan, I'd be SHOCKED if Marco Bellineli is the one traded. I think the guy you see shipped to Philadelphia is Marcus Thornton. Bellineli has been playing superb lately, and is great for the new defensive scheme that Williams has installed for the Hornets.

Although I would like to see Marco Bellineli traded because I think Thornton just adds so much athleticism to the team, coach Monty Williams has not played Thornton at all lately, so he'll be the one traded. If he's not I'll be surprised.

But either way, if we get Iguodala then I'll be intrigued to see the new starting 5. Monty Williams spoke about playing Ariza at the 2 spot so something like this:

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Trevor Ariza
SF- Andre Iguodala
PF- David West
C- Emeka Okafor

Boom....

TheHoopsProphet
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM
how about his

is that you Isiah Thomas? Hey you prick you owe me 50 bucks for that bet we made, you know about that James to new york thing? Pay up or imma go to your mf'ing house and beat the living **** out of you! Youve got till next week punk!

lvlheaded
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM
three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo

Why would NO want Deng when they are trying to get Iggy? Seems irrational to give up Peja and his expiring to take on a huge contract in Deng.

how about his

So the Sixers are going to trade the number 2 over all pick in Evan Turner AND Iggy to get back perennial head ache JR Smith and the bloated contract that is Devin Harris to stifle the development of Jrue Holliday at the PG? Makes a whole lot of sense.

More-Than-Most
11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
They already shot this down here in Philly... It was said the sixers will not trade for an expiring as the main part because even if they clear 16 mill it wont help them get a big name free agent next year because of how far they are over the cap.... They went on to say they are waiting and want to be part of a 3 team deal with denver for young talent.

samevans7
how about his

Denver gives up Smith, Melo, gets Favors and Turner, and Okafor

NO gives up Emeka, gets Iggy

Sixers give up Turner and iggy, get Smith, Harris

Nets give up Favors, get Melo

NO and NJ would take this in a second
Denver might

Sixers would laugh:facepalm:

saintdrew
how about his

three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo

:facepalm: Really?

Will you people ever give it up? Seriously..... :down:

saintdrew
11-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Denver gives up Smith, Melo, gets Favors and Turner, and Okafor

Sixers give up Turner, get Smith, Harris

Nets give up Favors, get Melo

NO and NJ would take this in a second
Denver might

Sixers would laugh:facepalm:

Oh my God... All of you, just stop.

saintdrew
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
They already shot this down here in Philly... It was said the sixers will not trade for an expiring as the main part because even if they clear 16 mill it wont help them get a big name free agent next year because of how far they are over the cap.... They went on to say they are waiting and want to be part of a 3 team deal with denver for young talent.

Oh well, it would have been cool. :D

samevans7
11-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh my God... All of you, just stop.

do you read at all?

my last line= THE SIXERS WOULD LAUGH.

that deal is atrocious bc its so uneven

chill ur **** man

aussie
11-10-2010, 09:05 PM

i am more than positive that we would not give up okafor for iggy!

saintdrew
11-10-2010, 09:09 PM

I'm assuming you're a 76ers fan, or at the very least you'll know more about the team than I, but tell me something, being hypothetical:

If the trade went down, and you acquired Marcus Thornton, what role would he play with the 76ers?

HouRealCoach
11-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Thornton and BEllinelli both deserve to stay... Idk why they arent playing Thornton, but you cant knock a team thats undefeated can U?

But this would put them up there

JB0B0
11-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Why would NO want Deng when they are trying to get Iggy? Seems irrational to give up Peja and his expiring to take on a huge contract in Deng.

So the Sixers are going to trade the number 2 over all pick in Evan Turner AND Iggy to get back perennial head ache JR Smith and the bloated contract that is Devin Harris to stifle the development of Jrue Holliday at the PG? Makes a whole lot of sense.

For the record, Iggy's contract is bigger than Deng's.

Avenged
11-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Chris Paul would make Iggy an All-star. Iggy better be praying this trade goes down.

Cp3/West/Iguodala.

Pretty decent, and considering cp3 will be leading that team, you can expect some over-expectations.

JB0B0
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Deng can be had for much cheaper and actually has a jumpshot! The only reason the bulls would trade Deng is to get Melo, otherwise we don't mind his 19 and 4 every night.

BIGBREED
11-10-2010, 09:15 PM
as soon as dell demps and monty williams were hired, they were after andre iguodala hardcore.

This was before the trevor ariza trade, but during the chris paul fiasco. Demps knew he had to trade for a prime player to put along side paul in order to keep him in nola. We did inquire about iguodala and also carmelo anthony.

I just really really really hope this trade goes down. This would be great for us.

But for everyone to hear me out on this, i need to tell you that as a die-hard hornets fan, i'd be shocked if marco bellineli is the one traded. I think the guy you see shipped to philadelphia is marcus thornton. Bellineli has been playing superb lately, and is great for the new defensive scheme that williams has installed for the hornets.

Although i would like to see marco bellineli traded because i think thornton just adds so much athleticism to the team, coach monty williams has not played thornton at all lately, so he'll be the one traded. If he's not i'll be surprised.

But either way, if we get iguodala then i'll be intrigued to see the new starting 5. Monty williams spoke about playing ariza at the 2 spot so something like this:

Pg- chris paul
sg- trevor ariza
sf- andre iguodala
pf- david west
c- emeka okafor

boom....

Boom!

EaglesJackson10
11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
how about his

Sixers give up Iguodala and Turner for a streaky shooter and a point guard when they already have one.

DoJoTheSlasher
11-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Paul
Iggy
Ariza
West
Okafor

that would be sick

aussie
11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
IMO, just have Hornets and Lakers in the West All Stars

CP3/Blake
Kobe/Iggy
Ariza/Artest
West/Odom
Pau/Okafor

:D

aussie
11-10-2010, 09:27 PM
boom....
Boom!

Boom ! !

saintdrew
11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Paul
Iggy
Ariza
West
Okafor

that would be sick

Oh hell yeah it would be. We can only hope.... :pray:

saintdrew
11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
boom ! !

boom!!!!

LeonFSU
11-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Iguodala and Ariza don't mix too well.

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:28 PM
If this could be pulled off they would be amazing. All those alley Opps

Bank$23
11-10-2010, 10:50 PM
i think this makes NOH one of the best teams in the league, top 5 IMO

SeoulBeatz
11-10-2010, 11:03 PM
how about his

wow, gtf outa here with that b.s

Hunter48MVP
11-10-2010, 11:04 PM
If somehow the Hornets acquire Iguodala. This team will be dangerous and I think could contend with the Lakers.

sixer04fan
11-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't see the sixers moving Iggy for a guard, as they want to build around Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner... I'd love to see them get a center prospect, or a sf that can shoot the three.

aussie
11-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Well i think they should as, Peja is expiring, and philly will getta chance at singing a big name in the FA next year, plus they will most likely getta lottery pick...The perfect move for the sixers imo

Raps18-19 Champ
11-10-2010, 11:33 PM
C-Okafor
PF-West
SF-Ariza
SG-Iggy
PG-Paul

:drool:

koreancabbage
11-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Iguodala and Ariza don't mix too well.

how do you know? comments without reasoning .... might as well not say anything at all.

as far as everyone is concerned. Ariza is more of spot up shooter and Iggy is a true slasher.

looks really good on paper.

SMH!
11-10-2010, 11:40 PM
how about his

you cant be serious

numba1CHANGsta
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
If this happens, the Hornets will be the second best team on the West no question

Sixerlover
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Hopefully an unprotected 1st is in there somewhere. I'd rather see some other options though, but it wouldn't end horribly if a Thornton / Peja / 1st deal was accepted for Iguodala

Crackadalic
11-10-2010, 11:56 PM
how about his

:facepalm: dumbest trade idea makes no sense at all

dibacco59
11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
how about his

this actually made me kind of angry

hotpotato1092
11-11-2010, 12:06 AM
I think if OKC could steal him without giving up their core 3 or Ibaka they'd be set. Imagine Westbrook-Iggy-Durant-Green-Ibaka for the next decade. Yikes.

THE MTL
11-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Hornets would have to keep too many pieces in a trade for Iggy. Im guessing they would wanna keep Bellinelli (shooter), West, Okafor, and Ariza (iono?).....who else would they trade?

Or maybe they offer to take on Elton Brand's contract??? which I doubt CASH-STRAPPED Hornets do

jray42
11-11-2010, 12:24 AM
how about his

I dont really follow/watch basketball, but this even made ME lol :facepalm:

sacramentosking
11-11-2010, 12:26 AM
peja bayless thornton and 1st

netsgiantsyanks
11-11-2010, 12:28 AM
how about his

lol

Mc Lovin
11-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Why mess with a team that is playing as good as they are right now?

PhillyFan001
11-11-2010, 12:41 AM
how about his

No way in hell i would do this trade or the one in the original post.

Bishnoff
11-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Scary if it goes through.

CP3
Ariza
Iggy
West
Okafor

Both Ariza and Iggy can play SG and SF, so I'm not sure what positions they'd end up in.

saintdrew
11-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Scary if it goes through.

CP3
Ariza
Iggy
West
Okafor

Both Ariza and Iggy can play SG and SF, so I'm not sure what positions they'd end up in.

Before the season Monty Williams talked about playing Trevor Ariza at the SG spot some, so I'm guessing if the trade went down then you would see Ariza at the 2 and Iguodala at the 3.

hugepatsfan
11-11-2010, 02:58 AM
I thought Iggy was a better SG than SF...

Mudvayne91
11-11-2010, 03:07 AM
three way deal:
CHI receives - Melo

Why on earth would Denver do this? They'd probably get like the 25th pick and a few mediocre players. Taj could be good, but no way near worth Melo.

alencp3
11-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Lets just hope they dont give up on Marco or Okafor who are playing great so far and ruin the team chemistry

Method28
11-11-2010, 05:19 AM
If this went down (Peja, Thornton, and a 1st?) then the starting 5 I'd rather see is

PG: Paul
SG: Bellieni (sp?)
SF: Iggy
PF: West
C: Okafor

6th: Ariza
7th: Bayless
8th: Smith

With Ariza and Marco essentially splitting the minutes at SG

Blazers#1Fan
11-11-2010, 05:38 AM
I thought Iggy was a better SG than SF...

he is idk why people keep putting iggy at the 3 makes no sense when ariza is more suited as a 3

damn i hope blazers make a move for iggy soon or there go's the new beast of the west

C Okafor
PF West
SF Ariza
SG Iguodala
PG Paul

More-Than-Most
11-11-2010, 06:01 AM
The Deal I want is simple

Denver-Iggy
Philly-Favors
Jersey-Melo

With some other picks/Pieces/expirings in there of course. The sixers are waiting on a 3 team deal with denver so this is a possibility.

More-Than-Most
11-11-2010, 06:03 AM
how about his

So denver gets 3 first round top 5 picks for Melo while the sixers get trash for Iggy and give up the 2nd overall pick?

sharqstealth
11-11-2010, 06:29 AM
how about his

You must be a Nets fan. Get outta here! This only works in the favor of the Nets, and why would the Hornets trade Okafor at this point? He's too valuable in their strong start! But as a Hornets fan, I would like us to have Iggy but not on the expense of losing one of our cores in CP3, DWest, Mek, and Ariza, hope we could also keep Bellineli (younger version of peja)

Mudvayne91
11-11-2010, 06:49 AM
He could be a Nugs fan. That trade would make me very happy.

Malz28
11-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Iggy is not going to NO! You guys have nothing to offer besides Paul or West and they're not going anywhere. The Sixers would want young talent to grow with not expiring contracts.

wwd931
11-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, ( http://www.madeshopping.com ) Here are the most

popular, most stylish and avant-garde

shoes,handbags,Tshirts, jacket,Tracksuit w

ect...NIKE SHOX,JORDAN SHOES 1-24,AF,DUNK,SB,PUMA

,R4,NZ,OZ,T1-TL3) $35HANDBGAS(COACH,L V, DG, ED

HARDY) $35TSHIRTS (POLO ,ED HARDY, LACOSTE) $16
( http://www.madeshopping.com )
New to Hong Kong : Winter Dress

--- NHL Jersey Woman $ 30 ---**** NFL Jersey $20
--- NBA Jersey $ 18 ---**** MLB Jersey $ 30
--- Jordan Six Ring_m $30 ---**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45
--- T-Shirt_m $ 15 ---**** Jacket_m $ 30
--- Hoody_m $ 30 ---**** Manicure Set $ 20
as long as the new and old customers to buy the corresponding product on this site, both a gift, so stay tuned! !
commodity is credit guarantee, you can rest assured of purchase, allby will provide service for you all, welcome to
1. sport shoes : Jordan ,Nike, adidas, Puma, Gucci, LV, UGG , etc. including women shoes and kids shoes.
2. T-Shirts : BBC T-Shirts, Bape T-Shirts, Armani T-Shirts, Polo T-Shirts,etc.
3. Hoodies : Bape hoody, hoody, AFF hoody, GGG hoody, ED hoody ,etc.
4. Jeans : Levis jeans , Gucci jeans, jeans, Bape jeans , DG jeans ,ect...For details, please consult ( http://www.madeshopping.com )

HOT SELL Product Brand is below:
UGG BOOT ,nike shoes,air jordan shoes,nike shox shoes,gucci shoes ,true religion jeans, ed hardy jeans,coogi jeans,affliction jeans, Laguna Beach Jeans,ed hardy T-shirts,Coogi T-shirts,Christian Audigier T-shirts,Gucci T-shirts,Polo T-shirts,coach handbag,gucci handbag,prada handbag,chanel handbag .
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
UGG BOOT $50
Nike shox $35
Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16
Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16
New era cap $15
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20
free shipping accept paypal

http://www.madeshopping.com
thanks... For details, please consult

stejay
11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I say a good deal all round. Iggy needs a change of place, and the Hornets need him

Method28
11-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Iggy is not going to NO! You guys have nothing to offer besides Paul or West and they're not going anywhere. The Sixers would want young talent to grow with not expiring contracts.

Heard of Marcus Thornton? Averaged 14.5 ppg in 25 minutes last year and avg 20 when he moved into the starting lineup. We also have Marco, Ariza, Picks as well.

aussie
11-11-2010, 09:14 AM

Ok, my good friend Evan Turner the number 2 pick is a backup SG, Iggy is taking his place atm, once Evan gets minutes he will became a much better player then off the bench. Philly get a huge expiring contract and they have a shot at a decent player in the FA, making them a better team. Plus most likely will be a lottery pick (no offense to any Philly fans :)) so they will also get a top 5-6 pick.

Case Closed :)

tcav701
11-11-2010, 09:19 AM
No doubt Philly is gonna have to trade Iggy this year.

The only problem with this deal is that better deals will come up for Iggy closer to Feb.

Method28
11-11-2010, 09:23 AM
No doubt Philly is gonna have to trade Iggy this year.

The only problem with this deal is that better deals will come up for Iggy closer to Feb.

This I agree with. But hey, if they wanna trade him now then so be it :)

pebloemer
11-11-2010, 09:27 AM
three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo

This has nothing to do with Iggy...

More-Than-Most
11-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Ok, my good friend Evan Turner the number 2 pick is a backup SG, Iggy is taking his place atm, once Evan gets minutes he will became a much better player then off the bench. Philly get a huge expiring contract and they have a shot at a decent player in the FA, making them a better team. Plus most likely will be a lottery pick (no offense to any Philly fans :)) so they will also get a top 5-6 pick.

Case Closed :)

No they wont be able to get a decent free agent... Even if we get the expiring and 15 mill comes off the books from the iggy trade we would get nothing... We are way over the cap that trading for an expiring would be pointless... The only time we will be able to go for a top free agent is when brand comes off the books. This trade will not happen... We need young players with high potential and that is why the sixers balked at this trade and quickly.

Side note... Turner has looked really really good as a starter... I wish he would start shooting first and pass 2nd but right now his mentality has been to spread the wealth when he gets the ball.

faze38
11-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Well it seems like it would be a good move for Philly right now because Even Turner is proving that he plays better with out Iggy around but I really don't think u guys are offering the best offer! So I doubt he will go to NO! I also hope they don't make the trade because a disgruntled CP3 might just end up in NY! See I think for the trade to work tho it would cost the Hornets Ariza!

aussie
11-11-2010, 09:55 AM
well u also have other expiring contracts
Songaila 4M
Kapono 6M
Battie 1M
Hawes 2M
Young 2M

apparently ur 12M over the salary

add Peja (15M)

you get a decent 14M under the salary

faze38
11-11-2010, 10:54 AM
well u also have other expiring contracts
Songaila 4M
Kapono 6M
Battie 1M
Hawes 2M
Young 2M

apparently ur 12M over the salary

add Peja (15M)

you get a decent 14M under the salary

Yeah u are right their but young will most likely get resigned for 6-8 mil eating up that cap space unless they can get someone to replace him at a much cheaper price! Which if the Knicks wanted to get involved would have in AR4 but they would have to also involve Denver and bring Melo to NY and send Iggy to Denver! Which would make me 100% happy because it would throw a kink in NO's plans sorry man but right now we are tryin to take yours and Denvers best player!

Byronicle
11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
i bet this news is making New Orleans fans wet right now. dont lie

JeffG20
11-11-2010, 11:14 AM

I am feeling a little moist right now

Ragan
11-11-2010, 11:15 AM
how about his

Are you on drugs, Danny? Sixers give up Iguodala and Evan Turner and get back JR Smith and Devin Harris???!?

saintdrew
11-11-2010, 11:39 AM

Yeah dude. I mean we've been dying to trade Peja Stojakovic for about 2 years now. I knew it would happen in the last year of his deal but it's taken too long!

I just hope this happens.... maybe, maybe not.

JordansBulls
11-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah dude. I mean we've been dying to trade Peja Stojakovic for about 2 years now. I knew it would happen in the last year of his deal but it's taken too long!

I just hope this happens.... maybe, maybe not.

Who would Iggy start over? Ariza???

Ty Fast
11-11-2010, 01:32 PM
What if they don’t get paul signed and they bring in all these high paid players? I thought management wanted to dump salary not gain huge amounts of it more. As much as I would love to see this I don’t see it happening. But hey, i hope i am wrong

Lo Porto
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
New Orleans pursuing Iggy is a bad idea. NO should shop their expirings (mainly Peja) around the trade deadline for more size up front. Iggy is better than Ariza, but for the amount of money on their contracts, I'd much rather have Ariza.

alencp3
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM

SG over Marco i guess which sucks since he is on fire

Sly Guy
11-11-2010, 02:51 PM
three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo

aka everyone gets raped but chicago...

saintdrew
11-11-2010, 03:24 PM

That's a damn good question you ask. I'm speculating the same thing.

Here's what I think, just by reading a lot of Hornets stuff and being a religious fan/homer of the team, I'm saying Ariza goes to shooting guard.

Monty Williams even talked about playing Trevor Ariza at SG. Here's proof to an article. I'll post the article if you don't believe me but:

"Williams said the starting shooting guard spot could be toss up between second-year player Marcus Thornton and Belinelli. Ariza also could start at the spot and rookie Quincy Poindexter will be vying for minutes there, too."

However, I think the spot would change based of matchups. If Ariza matches up better with the SF that night then start him there.

I think you'll see this (if it were to happen):

PG- Chris Paul - Jerryd Bayless/Willie Green
SG- Trevor Ariza - Marco Bellineli
SF- Andre Iguodala - Quincy Pondexter
PF- David West - Jason Smith
C- Emeka Okafor - Pops Mensa-Bonsu

^ I don't list Marcus Thornton because I believe he'll be the one that's traded along with Peja Stojakovic.

saintdrew
11-11-2010, 03:27 PM
New Orleans pursuing Iggy is a bad idea. NO should shop their expirings (mainly Peja) around the trade deadline for more size up front. Iggy is better than Ariza, but for the amount of money on their contracts, I'd much rather have Ariza.

^ We already have size in DJ Mbenga, Pops Mensa-Bonsu & Jason Smith. This is the first time we've ever had three guys close to or at 7 feet on the roster at one time.

Think about what we had before? Guys like Sean Marks, Melvin Ely, and Hilton Armstrong were our bigs.... Turrible.

IversonIsKrazy
11-11-2010, 05:39 PM
If I was Hornets I wouldn't be too quick on trading away Marcus Thorton, I like that kid a lot. BUt Peja + Belleneli is a good deal for both teams for Iggy. CP/Iggy/Ariza/West/Okafor is a real good line-up, with a young stud in THorton as the 6th man.

To remind everyone, when CP went down last year, Thorton & Collison BOTH averaged 20ppg as starters.

dsickich123
11-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Hornets would be scary....I would live to see iggy end up on the Thunder. Love him as a player.

JB0B0
11-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Hornets would be scary....I would live to see iggy end up on the Thunder. Love him as a player.

what about thabo and harden?

gilly
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
how about his

wtf this is awful, i don't want harris

aussie
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah u are right their but young will most likely get resigned for 6-8 mil eating up that cap space unless they can get someone to replace him at a much cheaper price! Which if the Knicks wanted to get involved would have in AR4 but they would have to also involve Denver and bring Melo to NY and send Iggy to Denver! Which would make me 100% happy because it would throw a kink in NO's plans sorry man but right now we are tryin to take yours and Denvers best player!

Sorry to say but i highly doubt CP is going to NY his happy in NO and if we were to bring in another player (Iggy or Melo) we have a shot at the championship, there were other players mentioned too like GWallace, SJackson, Kevin Martin which idk bout martin but 1 of the other 2 would really help too.

smith&wesson
11-11-2010, 08:25 PM
arent ariza and iggy kinda similar in the sence that they are slashers and very athletic but neither have a great shot ?

JordansBulls
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
arent ariza and iggy kinda similar in the sence that they are slashers and very athletic but neither have a great shot ?

Yes they are. I would bring Iggy off the bench for my 6th man with the Hornets.

JB0B0
11-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Deng would be a better fit for NO and could be had for cheaper BUT the bulls will only trade him if we get Melo somehow in a 3 way deal.

Sixerlover
11-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Yes they are. I would bring Iggy off the bench for my 6th man with the Hornets.

huh? You would start Ariza over Iguodala?

goose15
11-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Paul & Iggy would be sick

Chucky Woods
11-11-2010, 11:50 PM
three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo
DEN receives - Peja, Taj, JJ, Bulls 2011 1st rounder:laugh::laugh::laugh::facepalm: Nice try CHI

JordansBulls
11-12-2010, 02:18 AM
huh? You would start Ariza over Iguodala?

For the Hornets yes. They have enough offense in the starting lineup already.

Mplsman
11-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Cp and Iggy would look nice together.

LeonFSU
11-12-2010, 02:44 AM
how do you know? comments without reasoning .... might as well not say anything at all.

as far as everyone is concerned. Ariza is more of spot up shooter and Iggy is a true slasher.

looks really good on paper.

Because Iguodala is a natural SF. Ariza is a natural SF. Are those good reasons? Either one could play SG in certain lineups, and could defend SGs, but on offense there would be no outside shooting threat. Both are really inconsistent shooters. Both are better suited playing with a SG or SF who could shoot well.

5ass
11-12-2010, 02:46 AM

ya and he can even run the offense for a bit when CP3 is on the bench and they have bayless (who isnt good at running the offense) on the floor

Method28
11-12-2010, 04:49 AM
idk about this anymore. I was thinking about it and I think I'd rather have Kevin Martin instead of Iggy. Makes more sense for our offense. Iggy is basically a better Ariza. We need shooters and Martins 40% from the 3pt mark looks pretty good right about now.

Nevermind....i just saw that Martin hasnt played in more than 65 games since 06' while Iggy has only missed 4 games his entire career before this year. Damn...any other shooter/scorer available?

aussie
11-12-2010, 07:47 AM
^^^^^
Hornets looking at Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace too

Sixerlover
11-12-2010, 08:36 AM

So you bench the better defender of the two?

Denver-boy
11-12-2010, 08:42 AM
boom!!!!

I cant get tebow face out of my head! BOOOMM!

JordansBulls
11-12-2010, 01:15 PM
So you bench the better defender of the two?

I look at it like the Manu situation where he was coming off the bench.

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 01:18 PM
three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo

What does this have to do with AI?

Chucky Woods
11-12-2010, 06:15 PM
All these trades are fails.

JordansBulls
11-12-2010, 11:42 PM
All these trades are fails.

Explain???

drobe86
11-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Iggy used to be nice, but I'm not really feeling him lately. 13 ppg is unacceptable. At this stage he hasn't expanded his game and he'll be the same guy from here on out. He had top 10 NBA player skills but if he hadn't figured it out yet, then he probably won't....

JordansBulls
11-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Iggy used to be nice, but I'm not really feeling him lately. 13 ppg is unacceptable. At this stage he hasn't expanded his game and he'll be the same guy from here on out. He had top 10 NBA player skills but if he hadn't figured it out yet, then he probably won't....

I think a lot has to do with Elton Brand playing like a stud again.

lilbatman225
11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
how about his

three way deal:

CHI receives - Melo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KIzbktgJk&feature=related

zae316
11-13-2010, 02:12 PM
how about his

lmfao

JordansBulls
11-13-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KIzbktgJk&feature=related

Not a good deal at all.

TheHoopsProphet
11-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Not a good deal at all.

why do u keep bumping ur own threads? u cant outthread me jordan'sbull!

SMH!
11-13-2010, 08:58 PM
why is this **** still on top 10, its not gonna happen anytime soon.

lilbatman225
11-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Not a good deal at all.

I agree, but, you were supposed to watch the video

JordansBulls
11-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Tonights loss to Dallas showed why NO needs another playmaker on this team.

saintdrew
11-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Tonights loss to Dallas showed why NO needs another playmaker on this team.

Oh man.... So true with that statement. If we (Hornets) don't do anything soon your statement will truly exemplify our season.

Tonight just sucked... Jason Terry completely exploited Willie Green. I'm not sure why Monty Williams didn't have Marco Bellineli in the game to end the 4th quarter but maybe Green matched up better guarding Terry, I don't know...

We left so many Maverick players wide open tonight for open shots. Dallas didn't have to make any wise shot selections because down the stretch we gave them the easy opportunities. Towards the end of the game they were keeping a close eye on Paul, so he didn't really get a shot but Peja Stojakovic actually put up some quality minutes and I think had around 17 points.

I'm hoping Coach Williams is playing Peja as like an "audition" for the 76ers or another team to prove that he can still play. One thing that shocked me is that Marcus Thornton was completely inactive. I can tell you he's not injured either, I guess Monty doesn't think he brings much to the team but damn, you have got to put someone quick and athletic in that situation with the Mavs.

I will say this, I've been very impressed with Emeka Okafor so far. He is playing 'lights out' basketball right now. And David West has been decent but the repetitive trend that will always plague West's career IMO is that he's always up & down in his game. One night he looks like an All-Star but other nights he's M.I.A. I'll never figure it out... :eyebrow:

But hopefully Dell Demps is on the phone with Philadelphia to get Andre Iguodala. Trevor Ariza missed two wide-open 3 point attempts tonight to tie the game at the end of regulation and I'm not saying he's the problem but he's not go-to-guy like Paul could use with AI.

I just hope we trade for him....:pray:

KG2TB
11-16-2010, 04:03 AM
Oh man.... So true with that statement. If we (Hornets) don't do anything soon your statement will truly exemplify our season.

Tonight just sucked... Jason Terry completely exploited Willie Green. I'm not sure why Monty Williams didn't have Marco Bellineli in the game to end the 4th quarter but maybe Green matched up better guarding Terry, I don't know...

We left so many Maverick players wide open tonight for open shots. Dallas didn't have to make any wise shot selections because down the stretch we gave them the easy opportunities. Towards the end of the game they were keeping a close eye on Paul, so he didn't really get a shot but Peja Stojakovic actually put up some quality minutes and I think had around 17 points.

I'm hoping Coach Williams is playing Peja as like an "audition" for the 76ers or another team to prove that he can still play. One thing that shocked me is that Marcus Thornton was completely inactive. I can tell you he's not injured either, I guess Monty doesn't think he brings much to the team but damn, you have got to put someone quick and athletic in that situation with the Mavs.

I will say this, I've been very impressed with Emeka Okafor so far. He is playing 'lights out' basketball right now. And David West has been decent but the repetitive trend that will always plague West's career IMO is that he's always up & down in his game. One night he looks like an All-Star but other nights he's M.I.A. I'll never figure it out... :eyebrow:

But hopefully Dell Demps is on the phone with Philadelphia to get Andre Iguodala. Trevor Ariza missed two wide-open 3 point attempts tonight to tie the game at the end of regulation and I'm not saying he's the problem but he's not go-to-guy like Paul could use with AI.

That's interesting. Someone in the Bulls forum wanted us to trade for him. I actually was against it but to be honest, I haven't really seen him play enough to make a valid assessment. Can you tell me what you think of his game and basketball IQ? How's his defense? Does he always compete? Just any pros and cons would be appreciated.

JeffG20
11-16-2010, 04:28 PM
That's interesting. Someone in the Bulls forum wanted us to trade for him. I actually was against it but to be honest, I haven't really seen him play enough to make a valid assessment. Can you tell me what you think of his game and basketball IQ? How's his defense? Does he always compete? Just any pros and cons would be appreciated.

His defense is whats keeping him on the Bench. Monty is a very defensive oriented coach. He'll give you all the pointd you need but thats about it. Not much of a rebounder. If you just need a guy who can score then hes your guy

HornetsSolution
11-16-2010, 04:40 PM

Calm down saintdrew. I didn't get to watch the game because I had to work but from what I heard. The Hornets blew a lead and didn't make they free throws. Even with another playmaker you just can't do that. Even though Ariza miss them 3's, I don't think Andre would have even made them. He's not that much better when it comes to making 3's.

KG2TB
11-16-2010, 05:50 PM
His defense is whats keeping him on the Bench. Monty is a very defensive oriented coach. He'll give you all the pointd you need but thats about it. Not much of a rebounder. If you just need a guy who can score then hes your guy

Ah...yeah, I knew he could put up some points and shoot the ball but I didn't see enough of his defense. Definitely not a Thibs player then. Him and Monty are all about defense.