PDA

View Full Version : If the Heat don't win a ring...

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
...will they go down as the biggest disappointment in NBA history?? Sporting history??

I'm honestly not trying to make this a baiting thread, but I'm genuinely looking for feedback on what people think...In my opinion, the biggest disappointment in recent memory was that 04 Lakers team that featured Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton who just got crushed in the finals by Detroit; would Miami never winning a ring with the "Big 3" surpass that?

From the look of things as they currently stand, they're a team that is seriously flawed at the 1 and 5 and have already been abused by others bigs (Millsap being the latest example), something that could prove costly come playoff time.

Thoughts?

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
If they don't win a ring over the next 6 years, then yes, they will, and should, go down as the biggest disappointment in basketball history. Of course, if devastating injuries hit Wade or LeBron, that would change the opinion I am sure.

PC
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
No. Simply put, a lot of people think the Lakers will win it all this year. Plus, this is the first year they're together

DoMeFavors
11-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes but if you look at their roster outside LeBron, Wade, Bosh all the other players are REALLY BAD. Most dont deserve to be in the NBA and thats what happends when you pay the max for 3 guys over 6 years. LeBron had good role players around him in Cleveland, I think the Cleveland team with LeBron would beat the Miami team currently with LeBron anyday.

footballer2369
11-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Yes but if you look at their roster outside LeBron, Wade, Bosh all the other players are REALLY BAD. Most dont deserve to be in the NBA and thats what happends when you pay the max for 3 guys over 6 years. LeBron had good role players around him in Cleveland, I think the Cleveland team with LeBron would beat the Miami team currently with LeBron anyday.

If you can name more than Arroyo who do not deserve to be in the NBA, I'll give you an e-cookie....

mjt20mik
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
No.

Other than Miami fans, the general consensus is that Lakers will win this year.

faze38
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
If they don't win in the next 2-4 years yes they will be the biggest disappointment the league has ever seen because if they don't win in 4 years I see Lebron walking!

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Not if they don't win this year. Lakers are the heavy favorites. But if they don't win over the course of their contracts, then yes they will be.

Hellcrooner
if they dont at all yes.

I expct them to get at least 1 or 2.

probably in 2011 or 2012.

Basically tey have the sg, sf and pf covered and the bench.

Next offseason they add a Pg and a C with the Mle and bye and they are set to compete.

justinnum1
No.

DoMeFavors
If you can name more than Arroyo who do not deserve to be in the NBA, I'll give you an e-cookie....

Joel Anthony, Jamaal Magloire, Juwan Howard, Carlos Arroyo, Jerry Stackhouse, Dexter Pittman

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 03:25 PM
No.

Other than Miami fans, the general consensus is that Lakers will win this year.

I'm a HEAT fan, but I am with the latter.

cambovenzi
Have you not seen their roster?
They did a great job of surrounding them with capable players.
Haslem, Big Z, Mike Miller, Eddie House, Carlos Arroyo, James Jones, Mario Chalmers...
Those guys dont belong on an NBA roster?
not sure if srs

Pierzynski4Prez
I think their main window is the next 3-4 years. Because come 2013, they will have over 70 million committed to 6 players, 75 mil for the same 6 guys in 2014. And I doubt Mike Miller or Haslem will be nearly as good as they are now come that time, and they basically have 0 1st round picks for this entire time.

Unless 1 of the big 3 is moved, they will be cash strapped until the contracts expire, and only so many decent talent will be willing to take a MLE. We're talking half a roster of league minimum players, or your full bench.

Sox72
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Joel Anthony, Jamaal Magloire, Juwan Howard, Carlos Arroyo, Jerry Stackhouse, Dexter Pittman

That man deserves an e-cookie.

tking07

:clap:

marlinsfan24

I'd take Howard, Stackhouse, Pittman, and Anthony over most teams last 4 players on a roster.

I agree Magloire and Arroyo don't belong in the NBA however.

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
I'd take Howard, Stackhouse, Pittman, and Anthony over most teams 4 players n a roster.

I agree Magloire and Arroyo don't belong in the NBA however.

Name a team that has 4 players that bad on the end of the bench.

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
No.

What would be a bigger disappointment then in NBA history?

Rivera
11-10-2010, 03:29 PM
i think if they dont win a ring this year people will mock them n make fun of them and say how much they suck but I wouldnt call it a faliure just yet

BUT if they dont win MULTIPLE rings in the "big 3s" tenure then this is gonna get ugly...in the media on these boards on ESPN everywhere because they set this up because they wanted it this way and they put high expectations on themselves

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 03:29 PM
You haters are loving this.

Lets see what happens at the end of the year. last nights game was a fluke.

cambovenzi
11-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Do the guys who dont play really matter at all?
They have several capable NBA vets surrounding their big 3.

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 03:31 PM

So was the NO game right?

The Heat suck in close games because one of Lebron or Wade don't have the balls to hurt someones feelings and step up and take control of the game.

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Do the guys who dont play really matter at all?
They have several capable NBA vets surrounding their big 3.

:clap:

aman_13
Well it's not like they have one year to win a championship, they have a huge window of opportunity. If they don't win in 5 or 6 years, then you can start debating. This team is really a big man who can shut down the paint away. They just need front court help and of course they can slowly add more complementary pieces to come off the bench in the off-season. If they don't win this year, i won't be suprised, i actually think it's going to be the Lakers and Celtics again, but next year i fully expect the Heat to go all the way assuming they fix their front court.

GodsSon

Thus far I see no hating in this thread...all summer long the NBA forum was barraged with threads about the Heat potentially surpassing 72 wins and how many titles they would win; prior to them even playing a single game together.

Eight games into the season (I know, it's still early) and we're seeing that this is a roster with potentially serious flaws (interior defence being the biggest concern), not to mention their potential cap-space hell moving forward into the coming years.

In my opinion, this is a valid question to ask...teams with this much hype will always be under intense scrutiny, whether you like it or not.

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Name a team that has 4 players that bad on the end of the bench.

What's the point? If I name teams, you'll just BS it and make those players look better.

DoMeFavors
11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I dont know why Joel Anthony the teams starting C averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds in his career. Their starting pg has really no talent at all. The heat drafted Dexter Pittman a player that isnt 1/100 the player Glen Davis is. They signed Juwan Howard who will be 38 years old in febuary. Signed Jerry Stackhouse who is 36 years old. Magloire is done.
My starting lineup would be if I was the Heat
PG- Eddie House doesnt do the dribbling thats LeBrons job, just shoots
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- LeBron James
PF- Chris Bosh
C- Haslem or Z

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 03:35 PM

the OP is a good poster. Its a legit question, so there is no need to turn it around. State your opinion on the subject, instead of calling out "haters"

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
So was the NO game right?

The Heat suck in close games because one of Lebron or Wade don't have the balls to hurt someones feelings and step up and take control of the game.

Milsap scored 11 pts in 28 secs. No's game ill give you and Celtics game was the 1st of the year.

Im not worried at all, it might be a good thing to lose early and teach these guys a lesson they cant play flat and exect to win.

i'll start to worry if we lose to Boston, but thats not going to happen.

Yes it would be a dissapiontment to answer the OP.

asandhu23
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Nope. LeBron will be the biggest disappointment

MikeD FSQNY
11-10-2010, 03:38 PM
if they dont win a championship, they will get dstroyed and it will be a huge disapointment, if they win it will be consider cheap, so they cant win, Lebron made a horrible mistake, ima knicks fan, so i wont say if he went to the knicks, so ill say Bulls, Rose, Deng, Lebron, Noah, Boozer, (Gibson while Boozer is out), that team is better then the current lineup for Heat, to me bosh is a good player but extremely soft, bad defender and there goin to get beat by big teams, i think Boozer when healthy is better, Noah is better center then anyone on Heat, Rose destroys any pg on that team, and Boozer would be his bosh and deng his wade, deng is as good a wade obvisouly, but Boozer, Noah and Rose, Make up that differential 10 fold

MikeD FSQNY
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
deng isnt as good very sorry

Pierzynski4Prez
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
if they dont win a championship, they will get dstroyed and it will be a huge disapointment, if they win it will be consider cheap, so they cant win, Lebron made a horrible mistake, ima knicks fan, so i wont say if he went to the knicks, so ill say Bulls, Rose, Deng, Lebron, Noah, Boozer, (Gibson while Boozer is out), that team is better then the current lineup for Heat, to me bosh is a good player but extremely soft, bad defender and there goin to get beat by big teams, i think Boozer when healthy is better, Noah is better center then anyone on Heat, Rose destroys any pg on that team, and Boozer would be his bosh and deng his wade, deng is as good a wade obvisouly, but Boozer, Noah and Rose, Make up that differential 10 fold

Obviously

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I dont know why Joel Anthony the teams starting C averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds in his career. Their starting pg has really no talent at all. The heat drafted Dexter Pittman a player that isnt 1/100 the player Glen Davis is. They signed Juwan Howard who will be 38 years old in febuary. Signed Jerry Stackhouse who is 36 years old. Magloire is done.
My starting lineup would be if I was the Heat
PG- Eddie House doesnt do the dribbling thats LeBrons job, just shoots
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- LeBron James
PF- Chris Bosh
C- Haslem or Z

Anthony is a very effective defender.

_Supreme_
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM

Did the ghost of Roodiepoo the donkey's steaming turd appear to you in a dream with the message to sign up @ PSD and enlighten us with these exact words of wisdom?

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM

:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
ok, please tell me you are joking, especially the bolded part...

I think he meant isnt as good as Wade obviously

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 03:44 PM
I think he meant isnt as good as Wade obviously

yeah, he corrected himself, didn't see it

_Supreme_

And I bet the other Knicks fans are very happy to have you on their side in the internets fan-warz :clap:

rudygetz
No. Simply put, a lot of people think the Lakers will win it all this year. Plus, this is the first year they're together

This! I applaud a hated a rival in making sense.

BkOriginalOne
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
They are not going to win because they having nothing at PG
Their 3 losses have come to teams which feature, Rondo, Paul and WIlliams.

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 03:51 PM
They are not going to win because they having nothing at PG
Their 3 losses have come to teams which feature, Rondo, Paul and WIlliams.

Arroyo is not going to be starting all year. It will be Chalmers, he's still not 100% or insert Mike Miller into the starting line up when he comes back.

haggis

I don't understand the facepalm. I thought his post made sense. Not just because I'm a Bulls fan, but what he said is true. That roster: Rose, Bron, Deng, Booz, Noah would be a more balanced team than the HEAT. I don't see why that doesn't make sense to you. But again, thanks for the wonderful insight and one-word answers.

mlisica19
Most likely, YES.

James left his home town, and a team that was doing great with him. Now the team is doing just fine without him. He left for stardom but in the wrong ways, he left for an easy route to the championship. Now he shares fame in Miami with a winning player, a hero in florida. He is then hated basically everywhere in the US. If he does not win more than 1 ring in Miami, or basically in his career he will be the biggest dissapointment. And i really dont see him winning more than 3, and thats pushing it. With so many GREAT young stars coming up or young great teams i cant see him being close to Jordans success.

Dwayne Wade stayed, he manipulated the friends wants and desires and got his way in staying where he loves it but getting what he wants. He did nothing wrong, hes already one a championship.

Chris Bosh went from #1 onto a team to around #4. When Mike Miller returns he might even go down that rank. Hes all about offense, his defense is just solid at best.

Their Bench is old, cheap meaning not very good and their other starters basically have no role on the team besides taking up space.

Their talent will win them enough games to make it to the playoffs, a high seed i assume. But in the playoffs, it takes dedication to an extreme. You hve to prepare great, practice great and work together. Not only do they not do this but they have no system besides give the ball to wade or james and let them do the work. Not to mention that the coach is a rookie, and has high restrictions according to Rileys wants and desires.

Idc where they end up this year in the playoffs, they are not beating the LAKERS or the CELTICS. in a game to 7, these teams are meant for playoffs.

When they lose this year, they will probably fire the coach. Riley will step down most likely, or that would 2 be a mistake. Then next year i guarantee at least one more team will develop a high powered duo. Carmelo, Paul, Amare? its possible, i dont think so but possible. Other teams will prepare better to stop the heats big 3 and you will see that it will all be down hill.

Their old role players will soon get older, they will retire. Or be weaker asset. They cat afford anyone good and they have no proper system

Hunter48MVP
It is going to be the end of the world for the Heat. The Heat are never going to win a championship with the LeBron James. He is cursed.

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't understand the facepalm. I thought his post made sense. Not just because I'm a Bulls fan, but what he said is true. That roster: Rose, Bron, Deng, Booz, Noah would be a more balanced team than the HEAT. I don't see why that doesn't make sense to you. But again, thanks for the wonderful insight and one-word answers.

No problem, i guess you also agree that Deng is on Wade's level. There's a reason they didn't want to play in Chicago get over it and your post is opinion. Rose and all those players woud't be as effective. I would love to see Rose play off the ball.

jp611
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM

juwan howard, jamaal magloire, jerry stackhouse, mario chalmers

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm not understanding the hate for Juwan Howard.

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 03:55 PM
deng isnt as good very sorry

I can see that Bulls teams causing problems for the Heat in the East though in years to come due to their strength at the 1, 4 and 5...not to mention being headed by the defensive guru...

Anyway, aside from that 04 Lakers team, what other instances in NBA history have been considered huge disappointments? The 94 Sonics and 07 Mavericks also come to mind.

OneTuzSea
11-10-2010, 03:58 PM
If they don't I'm sure there will be 6 or 7 threads about it.

PLAYERS FAN
11-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes!

haggis
11-10-2010, 04:00 PM
No problem, i guess you also agree that Deng is on Wade's level. There's a reason they didn't want to play in Chicago get over it and your post is opinion. Rose and all those players woud't be as effective. I would love to see Rose play off the ball.

He corrected himself. He meant to say Deng isn't on the same level as Wade, which is obvious, not even close. But his point is valid, that lineup there is more balanced than the HEAT's lineup, can you argue that? As for Rose playing off the ball, the same can be said for Wade and Bosh, can it not?

jp611
11-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Milsap scored 11 pts in 28 secs. No's game ill give you and Celtics game was the 1st of the year.

Im not worried at all, it might be a good thing to lose early and teach these guys a lesson they cant play flat and exect to win.

i'll start to worry if we lose to Boston, but thats not going to happen.

Yes it would be a dissapiontment to answer the OP.

millsap scored 11 points in 28 seconds cuz bosh couldnt defend him... bosh is really bad

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
He corrected himself. He meant to say Deng isn't on the same level as Wade, which is obvious, not even close. But his point is valid, that lineup there is more balanced than the HEAT's lineup, can you argue that? As for Rose playing off the ball, the same can be said for Wade and Bosh, can it not?

I don't think he knew that at the time he was posting that.

And then you cannot say that the Bulls would be the better team with Lebron if you don't know how Rose would play off the ball.

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
millsap scored 11 points in 28 seconds cuz bosh couldnt defend him... bosh is really bad

Milsap was 2/20 from 3 for his career. The scouting report according to Bosh was to let the guy shoot.

jp611
11-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Milsap was 2/20 from 3 for his career. The scouting report according to Bosh was to let the guy shoot.

yea but where was bosh on the putback? that was just horrible defense by him

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 04:06 PM

Some of those shots were well contested but just went in.

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
yea but where was bosh on the putback? that was just horrible defense by him

Bosh had to rotate to the driving Jazz player and the Haslem was pushed and he got the rebound

EthanJSkolnick
Udonis Haslem steaming (quietly) over non-call at end of regulation. "My shoes weren't untied." http://bit.ly/aputfR

_Supreme_
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
juwan howard, jamaal magloire, jerry stackhouse, mario chalmers

They are the same thing as Kurt Thomas, Brian Scalabrine, Keith Bogans and CJ Watson.

Obviously none of these guys are NBA elite, but saying they are not NBA players is simply ********. It deserves the :facepalm: it got.

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 04:09 PM
you haters are loving this.

Lets see what happens at the end of the year. Last nights game was a fluke.

u mad?

jp611
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
theres always excuses from you heat fans... he didnt just score 46 points on accident... bosh is one of the softer players in the nba... 1 rebound against the hornets and than getting schooled by millsap... this team will be a disappointment

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
u mad?

Me no, i would be if i was a team hoping to get Bosh, Wade, and LeBron in the offseason.

jp611
11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
They are the same thing as Kurt Thomas, Brian Scalabrine, Keith Bogans and CJ Watson.

Obviously none of these guys are NBA elite, but saying they are not NBA players is simply ********. It deserves the :facepalm: it got.

other than kurt thomas those guys are all much better than any of the players i mentioned

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
other than kurt thomas those guys are all much better than any of the players i mentioned

That's subjective.

_Supreme_
11-10-2010, 04:16 PM

Yeah right, of course in your opinion they are :rolleyes:

They are exactly the same thing.

And tell me something else, if those guys aren't NBA players, then please name me some guys currently not in the NBA who could REALISTICLY replace them on the roster.

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Some of you guys need to quit hi-jacking the thread...

jp611
11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah right, of course in your opinion they are :rolleyes:

They are exactly the same thing.

And tell me something else, if those guys aren't NBA players, then please name me some guys currently not in the NBA who could REALISTICLY replace them on the roster.

iverson and dampier

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Me no, i would be if i was a team hoping to get Bosh, Wade, and LeBron in the offseason.

interesting. you definitely seem mad

I think you're mad

and I assume that the only fans that are really pissed about last offseason are Cavs fans; I am a Raps fan and I am fine with Bosh gone and hopeful of a true rebuild; I have Bulls season tickets and was quite pleased with their offseason; and Knicks fans have convinced themselves that Melo and/or Paul are coming so they don't really seem mad either

it just seems that Cavs fans are mad (and rightly so) and Heat fans are defensive

but for you, I have to again ask, U MAD?

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 04:21 PM
interesting. you definitely seem mad

I think you're mad

and I assume that the only fans that are really pissed about last offseason are Cavs fans; I am a Raps fan and I am fine with Bosh gone and hopeful of a true rebuild; I have Bulls season tickets and was quite pleased with their offseason; and Knicks fans have convinced themselves that Melo and/or Paul are coming so they don't really seem mad either

it just seems that Cavs fans are mad (and rightly so) and Heat fans are defensive

but for you, I have to again ask, U MAD?

Just defending my team, not worried at all about them. Just seems like other fans are happy when the HEAT lose and start making stupid threads. The HEAT are much better then the teams listed above so...

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Just defending my team, not worried at all about them. Just seems like other fans are happy when the HEAT lose and start making stupid threads. The HEAT are much better then the teams listed above so...

This definitely confirms it, you're mad.

The teams listed above have nothing to with the Heat. The Raps and Cavs are or should be rebuilding. The Knicks are in the building process. The Bulls look decent to start the year but need Booz back and more shooting to compete.

The Heat on the other hand have a lot of front running fans that expected a title this year and each of the next five. Then the team came out flat (fact), looked discombobulated (fact) and Bosh looked like he had never played before (slightly exaggerated fact).

And fans like you got mad. And defensive. But mostly mad.

_Supreme_
11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
iverson and dampier

Iverson won't sign for the NBA minimum, and if he would he could theoretically replace about half of the NBA's current bench players talent-wise, including all those Bull players I just listed, so you'll really have to come up with something better than this.

The same goes for Dampier.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 04:31 PM
this is already going south. Please answer the question subjectively, and do not throw verbal jabs in. Thank you

Avenged
11-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd rather not read through the whole thread.. But if the Heat don't win one with Wade/Lebron/Bosh leading them, then yes, it will be one of the major disappointments [for Heat fans because i'll be ecstatic] in history. When you have 2 players who are the best at what they do, and a really good PF, your expected to win. It won't necessarily be a major disappointed this year, but if they don't win one eventually, yes.

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
this is already going south. Please answer the question subjectively, and do not throw verbal jabs in. Thank you

Good reminder.

If the Heat as currently built fail to win any championships then they are a colossal disappointment and in my opinion the biggest NBA disappointment ever. If they don't win this year (but win in the future) it is no big deal, as anyone should have reasonably expected them to be competitive this year but to need some time to gell and add extra role players before winning a title.

justinnum1
11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Good reminder.

If the Heat as currently built fail to win any championships then they are a colossal disappointment and in my opinion the biggest NBA disappointment ever. If they don't win this year (but win in the future) it is no big deal, as anyone should have reasonably expected them to be competitive this year but to need some time to gell and add extra role players before winning a title.

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 04:41 PM
If the next CBA takes away the MLE, Miami is going to be in trouble. There is a good chance of the MLE going away.

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
If the next CBA takes away the MLE, Miami is going to be in trouble. There is a good chance of the MLE going away.

There will still be other loopholes.

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM

So I've heard, and honestly, I can see the PA giving that up handily during negotiations

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Nice facepalm. I assume you did that because you have no coherent response and wanted to try in vain to make some point that wasn't there.

Give one example of a bigger disappointment in NBA history than this Heat team not winning any championships together over the next six years. Seriously just name one.

All you Heat fans spend so much time talking about how you expect to win (as you should), yet can't acknowledge it would be a disappointment if they don't. You can't have it both ways.

I don't use facepalms because they have become overdone and typically reflect that the poster had nothing intelligent to say in response. I think that is the case here.

U MAD?

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 04:46 PM
There will still be other loopholes.

not really.

justinnum1
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice facepalm. I assume you did that because you have no coherent response and wanted to try in vain to make some point that wasn't there.

Give one example of a bigger disappointment in NBA history than this Heat team not winning any championships together over the next six years. Seriously just name one.

All you Heat fans spend so much time talking about how you expect to win (as you should), yet can't acknowledge it would be a disappointment if they don't. You can't have it both ways.

I don't use facepalms because they have become overdone and typically reflect that the poster had nothing intelligent to say in response. I think that is the case here.

U MAD?

:laugh2:

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM

As a further aside, can you please explain how your tagline "birth of a dynasty" and you signature ("Riley got them all!!!" and "our defense will shut you down..... unless you are Paul Millsap") aren't clear indications that you expect to win not just one title but many.

Yet somehow it isn't a huge disappointment (again, to my mind it would be the biggest ever) if the Heat don't win any.

Hmmmmmm. Very interesting. Let me try this. I think I can do it. Here it comes. Justinnum1 you have earned my very first :facepalm:

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
not really.

Pretty sure teams will find em. That's just my opinion though.

Chicagofaithful
11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
this year? Not a huge deal, even though it will be a big underachievement. But until they sure up the Center position, they arent winning anything. They can get by with a mediocre pg imo, not with the current c's they have. it's all about the bigs... period. While elite wing players are absolutely necessary. You need defensive bigs to get a ring

justinnum1
11-10-2010, 04:50 PM
As a further aside, can you please explain how your tagline "birth of a dynasty" and you signature ("Riley got them all!!!" and "our defense will shut you down..... unless you are Paul Millsap") aren't clear indications that you expect to win not just one title but many.

Yet somehow it isn't a huge disappointment (again, to my mind it would be the biggest ever) if the Heat don't win any.

Hmmmmmm. Very interesting. Let me try this. I think I can do it. Here it comes. Justinnum1 you have earned my very first :facepalm:

:clap: Riley got the players every other team wanted fact.
Miami will win several rings over the next six years. And you obviously have a hate for the heat because you lost out on lebron, so your opinion on this subject is useless. Welcome to my ignore list.

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Pretty sure teams will find em. That's just my opinion though.

but the ting is, the Heat are tied to 3 players and really don't have any room to work anything out, unless one of them is traded. If they don't win a ring in 2 years, I can see them trading Bosh for 2 or 3 players.

numba1CHANGsta
11-10-2010, 04:55 PM
...will they go down as the biggest disappointment in NBA history?? Sporting history??

I'm honestly not trying to make this a baiting thread, but I'm genuinely looking for feedback on what people think...In my opinion, the biggest disappointment in recent memory was that 04 Lakers team that featured Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton who just got crushed in the finals by Detroit; would Miami never winning a ring with the "Big 3" surpass that?

From the look of things as they currently stand, they're a team that is seriously flawed at the 1 and 5 and have already been abused by others bigs (Millsap being the latest example), something that could prove costly come playoff time.

Thoughts?

Don't compare this years Heat team to the 03-04 Lakers, Malone and Payton were in the decline of their careers, you could probably compare the Heat team to the Late 60's-early 70's Lakers team when they had West, Baylor, and Wilt, they only won once while being together, so I do expect the Heat to win at least one championship but not this year, but they could make the Finals so it wouldnt be exactly a total disappointment

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
but the ting is, the Heat are tied to 3 players and really don't have any room to work anything out, unless one of them is traded. If they don't win a ring in 2 years, I can see them trading Bosh for 2 or 3 players.

Oh I wasn't just referring to the Heat, just in general. And I can too see Bosh being traded if it doesn't work for a time.

_Supreme_
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM

The teams listed above have nothing to with the Heat. The Raps and Cavs are or should be rebuilding. The Knicks are in the building process. The Bulls look decent to start the year but need Booz back and more shooting to compete.

The Heat on the other hand have a lot of front running fans that expected a title this year and each of the next five. Then the team came out flat (fact), looked discombobulated (fact) and Bosh looked like he had never played before (slightly exaggerated fact).

I think you are confusing him being mad with what he really is: being annoyed with the same posse of small-peckered fans of certain other teams, mainly Bulls & Knicks (and why do you think that is, huh?) jumping on every chance to trash-talk the HEAT.

Nobody is expecting Miami to win a guaranteed title this year. We are expecting to be in the running for it. There is a huge difference there.

Nobody is saying Bosh shouldn't man up and play some God damn defense, but if you then get little-brained clowns concluding "Bosh is a bad player" or "Miami is a bad team full of players who are not NBA players" for the so-manieth time you respond to that at a certain point.

And then you get the ultra original "U mad?"... children please, grow up.

If all these jealous, hatorade filled dungwads would stop posting their rubbish, then Miami fans wouldn't have to deal with it in the first place. This is an action-reaction thing. If you'd have to read non-sensemaking ish about your Raptors day in day out, posted by the same select group of martarses, then I'll bet you'd get fed up with it eventually too.

Slimsim
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
What would be a bigger disappointment then in NBA history?

The Knicks

Chacarron
11-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I think you are confusing him being mad with what he really is: being annoyed with the same posse of small-peckered fans of certain other teams, mainly Bulls & Knicks (and why do you think that is, huh?) jumping on every chance to trash-talk the HEAT.

Nobody is expecting Miami to win a guaranteed title this year. We are expecting to be in the running for it. There is a huge difference there.

Nobody is saying Bosh shouldn't man up and play some God damn defense, but if you then get little-brained clowns concluding "Bosh is a bad player" or "Miami is a bad team full of players who are not NBA players" for the so-manieth time you respond to that at a certain point.

If all these jealous, hatorade filled dungwads would stop posting their rubbish, then Miami fans wouldn't have to deal with it in the first place. This is an action-reaction thing. If you'd have to read non-sensemaking ish about your Raptors day in day out, posted by the same select group of martarses, then I'll bet you'd get fed up with it eventually too.

You do know the main reason people are taking shots at Miami in this forum for struggling is that a lot of Miami's fans were extremely cocky and arrogant about their team "being unstoppable."

69centers
11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Sort of depends on how they fare each year. Unfortunately, teams that make it to the final series in sports, but lose or have choke plays by certain players, linger in the minds of fans a lot more than if they didn't even make it to the Finals.

For instance, if the Heat make it to the Finals 3 times, and lose all 3 times, it will be worse in fans' minds than if they never made the finals once together. 20 years down the road, everyone will still remember how the Heat's Big 3 blew 3 Finals. In contrast, 20 years down the line, no one would even remember how the Heat's Big 3 never made it to a Finals game.

History can be cruel in weird ways like that. Just look at the Bills that lost 3 super bowls. They are remembered more for that than all the teams in the league those 3 years that never got to the Super Bowl. They were still better than those other teams, but will forever be infamously remembered for that.

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Sort of depends on how they fare each year. Unfortunately, teams that make it to the final series in sports, but lose or have choke plays by certain players, linger in the minds of fans a lot more than if they didn't even make it to the Finals.

For instance, if the Heat make it to the Finals 3 times, and lose all 3 times, it will be worse in fans' minds than if they never made the finals once together. 20 years down the road, everyone will still remember how the Heat's Big 3 blew 3 Finals. In contrast, 20 years down the line, no one would even remember how the Heat's Big 3 never made it to a Finals game.

History can be cruel in weird ways like that. Just look at the Bills that lost 3 super bowls. They are remembered more for that than all the teams in the league those 3 years that never got to the Super Bowl. They were still better than those other teams, but will forever be infamously remembered for that.

Agreed...That Bills team actually lost 4 superbowls in a row though

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 05:04 PM

For what it's worth, this post made some sense. But if you read any of my posts, you would see that I plainly acknowledged that the Heat had a coup this summer (they obviously did), that they are better than the Bulls and Knicks (they certainly appear to be), and that I wanted the Raps to rebuild. You would also notice that I suggested that it was not a disappointment for the Heat not to win this year, but it would be over the next six. In other words nothing in there could really even remotely be offensive to a Heat fan. Yet Justinnum got upset and face palmed. The reality is that happened because he did not take the time to read and consider the posts before responding.

I imagine his ignore list is quite lengthy and reads like a who's who of people that are smarter than him. Frankly, it would be an indignity not to be on that fool's ignore list.

But back to the topic at hand, the "U Mad" thing is y'all's bit. Of course it's stupid. It has been since day one. But it's funny how mad Heat fans get from that little innocuous comment.

Similarly, the Heat fans have been posting at rapid fire teams all kinds of crazy missives about the team, yet don't like the hate. I don't get it. Take a look at the signatures of the average Heat fan. Take a look at the number of bandwagon fans. And read the Heat fan posts. Doing so reflects that much of the hate is quite mutual and warranted.

There are obviously many intelligent Heat fans, but the more vocal ones certainly seem to bring down the average.

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
:laugh2:

The nice thing here is that I suggested that you had nothing intelligent to add and then you confirmed it for me.

Thanks for playing.

_Supreme_
11-10-2010, 05:08 PM

A lot of (top) teams would be in trouble, and a lot of players would end up being unemployed because of this, so I don't think it will happen. The player's union won't go for that one.

Also, if the owners don't want the MLE anymore, then why do all of them spend it every year. They don't have to spend the money now, and just because they have the option it doesn't mean they have to spend it in the future. It makes no sense.

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 05:10 PM
A lot of (top) teams would be in trouble, and a lot of players would end up being unemployed because of this, so I don't think it will happen. The player's union won't go for that one.

Also, if the owners don't want the MLE anymore, then why do all of them spend it every year. They don't have to spend the money now, and just because they have the option it doesn't mean they have to spend it in the future. It makes no sense.

All of them don't...I'd say less than half take advantage of it

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 05:12 PM

No, not in this situation. 2 of the top 3 or 4 players in the NBA and "supposedly" a top 5 big man in the NBA come together to win it all. It would be worse if these guys never make the finals. This team has hired guns, the Bills were just a good team.

Jonathan2323
11-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Just sounds like your trying to bait.

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 05:20 PM

We will see, but Im pretty sure the MLE will be the first thing the PA gives up.

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Just sounds like your trying to bait.

Nah, just waiting for you or one of the other Heat fans to come up with a compelling argument how it wouldn't be the biggest disappointment ever or to identify any bigger disappointment.

You all failed. No surprise really. U just got mad.

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 05:46 PM
You do know the main reason people are taking shots at Miami in this forum for struggling is that a lot of Miami's fans were extremely cocky and arrogant about their team "being unstoppable."

Then attack those Heat fans that have been cocky/arrogant. Leave the ones that have stay level headed the whole time alone.

marlinsfan24
11-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Nah, just waiting for you or one of the other Heat fans to come up with a compelling argument how it wouldn't be the biggest disappointment ever or to identify any bigger disappointment.

You all failed. No surprise really. U just got mad.

Posting the same thing over and over again to the same poster about "U Mad" is pretty much baiting IMO.

ManRam
11-10-2010, 06:06 PM
It's not a one year project. Maybe for this season it may be, but they're just going to continue to get better...and a lot of their main competition will continue to get worse.

They'll be judged as a whole, not because of the 2010-2011 when all is said and done.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
They will only be disappointments to people who thought they will win.

I don't care how much hype they are getting. If you didn't have them winning, they shouldn't be a disappointment cuz you had someone else winning.

TO to the CHI
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Posting the same thing over and over again to the same poster about "U Mad" is pretty much baiting IMO.

Nah, I wrote it to three different posters.

So you are way off.

h2r09
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
not really a dissapointment but a surprise. it will be completely different by the end of the year though. mike miller will come back and strengthen a lot of things and they will of course add 1-2 more big bodies over the course of the year. this will not be the final team by any stretch of the imagination.

Chacarron
11-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Then attack those Heat fans that have been cocky/arrogant. Leave the ones that have stay level headed the whole time alone.

The mentality behind some of these posters is this: since those Heat fans aimed their arrogance at everyone, then we should also annoy every Heat fan. I don't ever bait any fans but I understand why people get their panties wet whenever the Heat lose.

tcav701
11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
It will be the biggest dissapointment ever because ESPN will tell us so.

I'm talking by year 3-4 not this first season.

stejay
11-10-2010, 08:10 PM
One year? That would be very harsh, unless they totally bomb

69centers
11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Agreed...That Bills team actually lost 4 superbowls in a row though

That's right, thanks. Even worse than 3 in a row.

No, not in this situation. 2 of the top 3 or 4 players in the NBA and "supposedly" a top 5 big man in the NBA come together to win it all. It would be worse if these guys never make the finals. This team has hired guns, the Bills were just a good team.

In the short term, but not the long term. The OP mentioned if it would be the biggest in sports history. No way.

MickeyMgl
11-10-2010, 08:35 PM

When that Laker team was healthy, it dominated. When it wasn't, which included much of the season as well as the Finals, all bets should be off. If the Heat stay healthy and don't win a ring, that should easily top the relatively minor disappointment of an injury-depleted team not winning a championship in one year.

Even if the Heat don't win due to injuries, it'd still top that Laker example because they're younger, and are expected to be better able to avoid injury.

raiderfaninTX
11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
you should of waited a few months before posting this. But the answer is no, but 3 years from now then yes. Expecting basically a new team to win a championship no matter who they have is crazy. I personally think they will contend but the lakers and the celtics will be in the finals.

hotpotato1092
11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Honestly it won't get to six years without a ring, they're either gonna start winning or they're gonna break up. If they don't win in the first two years and then they struggle at all in the third season we're gonna start hearing about LeBron-Wade arguments and anonymous teammates are going to come out with quotes like "we're walking on eggshells" and "nobody wants to say anything but LeBron's kind of a dick", things are going to get contentious and the team will have to be broken up. My biggest fear is that this happens and Riley tells Wade "thanks for the memories, now don't let the door hit you on the way out", which from a basketball standpoint is smart because LeBron is younger and should have more longevity but Wade has meant so much to that franchise. I'm not saying it'll definitely happen, but I don't think there's anyway these guys put up with sharing the spotlight if they aren't winning, so I don't think they'll get to near six years without a ring because they won't have the chance.

D Roses Bulls
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I would hate for the heat to not win a ring because of wade, but then again it would be hilarious cause lebron wouldnt get one. if they dont win though in the next 5 years, it will be an embarrassment to the city, the franchise, and to riley, and especially to james.

hard_candy
11-10-2010, 09:15 PM
not really a dissapointment but a surprise. it will be completely different by the end of the year though. mike miller will come back and strengthen a lot of things and they will of course add 1-2 more big bodies over the course of the year. this will not be the final team by any stretch of the imagination.

Mike Miller is not going to save this team. All of their big three are healthy, and they are a game above .500.

Did Lakers fans complain that Kobe and Gasol couldn't get the job done when Sasha was injured?

king4day
11-10-2010, 09:25 PM
This year? Not at all.
Over the course of the time those three (or at least Wade and James) play together, then no one would be able to deny they would be.

Over the next few years they are gonna get great role players with the MLE and BE, that barring an injury to Wade and James, they can't not win.

Sir Buckets
11-10-2010, 09:25 PM
*when

Yes.

Not just in NBA history

Not just in sporting history.

But in the history of the universe.

Okay, I'm getting a bit carried away, but you get the point. Let's be honest, they probably won't even win one. And that's exactly how it should be. They'll be the poster child for "how not to do stuff".

Sir Buckets
11-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Honestly it won't get to six years without a ring, they're either gonna start winning or they're gonna break up. If they don't win in the first two years and then they struggle at all in the third season we're gonna start hearing about LeBron-Wade arguments and anonymous teammates are going to come out with quotes like "we're walking on eggshells" and "nobody wants to say anything but LeBron's kind of a dick", things are going to get contentious and the team will have to be broken up. My biggest fear is that this happens and Riley tells Wade "thanks for the memories, now don't let the door hit you on the way out", which from a basketball standpoint is smart because LeBron is younger and should have more longevity but Wade has meant so much to that franchise. I'm not saying it'll definitely happen, but I don't think there's anyway these guys put up with sharing the spotlight if they aren't winning, so I don't think they'll get to near six years without a ring because they won't have the chance.Good point. Wade's a tough guy, but Bosh and LeBron and pretty fragile when it comes to this kind of stuff. I could DEFINITELY see some major problems arising in their locker room. (Ever heard those Team USA/LeBron stories?)

cambovenzi
11-10-2010, 09:28 PM
8 games in you are condemning them for the next 6 years?
They very well could win some at some point.

GodsSon
11-10-2010, 09:47 PM
8 games in you are condemning them for the next 6 years?
They very well could win some at some point.

Zero games in and we had to hear how they would be the team of the next decade

h2r09
11-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Mike Miller is not going to save this team. All of their big three are healthy, and they are a game above .500.

Did Lakers fans complain that Kobe and Gasol couldn't get the job done when Sasha was injured?

you arent serious right now are you? first off they are 2 games above .500 losing to 3 great teams, they are 8 games in, and mike miller is a really, really good player. his combination of athleticism and ballhandling and height will really help tighten our rotation and give us less time for arroyo. not to mention his 3 point shooting only helps spread the floor.

give them 1-2 months and they should be really good with eachother. to expect anything mroe is stupid.

duane v
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
The fact that fans from other teams are talking about the Heat is tell tale sign of fear.... And the game against Utah was no fluke, they are a tough team.... Orlando is gonna have a time of it tonight against Utah too.

Certainly they (the Heat) do have bench issues at the moment, but there isn't a team in the east that would want to face the Heat in a playoff series. The only pickup I don't like is Bosh... IMO he's unproven, and lacks the physical strength to control the paint. The Heat could have landed a better big man, and a good PG for the price they are currently paying Bosh.

The Heat will be in the thick of it come playoff time.... You can bet on it.

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
They wont get a ring until the bench issue is resolved.

duane v
11-10-2010, 10:24 PM
They wont get a ring until the bench issue is resolved.

Lakers have won two consecutive rings with a sub-par bench

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:26 PM
They have a great starting 5.

NOT A GREAT starting 2.5

duane v
11-10-2010, 10:31 PM
They have a great starting 5.

NOT A GREAT starting 2.5

Lakers had only Kobe and Gasol last summer. They had a very untalented bench that understood the system.... The Laker bench this season is outstanding.

Trust me the Heat will find thier groove... The only roadblocks are Orlando and Boston

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
You win I guess :clap:

duane v
11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
LOL

Orlando is gonna lose to the same Utah team.... so should we call 911 for the Magic:D

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I dont think they will lose. Orlando possibly looked like the third best team in the league thus far.

duane v
11-10-2010, 10:43 PM
I dont think they will lose. Orlando possibly looked like the third best team in the league thus far.

The Magic is losing 102-91 with 20 seconds left in the game.... And like the Heat last night they had the Jazz by 20 points in the 3rd quarter

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:45 PM
I guess we should call 911.

hard_candy
11-10-2010, 11:28 PM
you arent serious right now are you? first off they are 2 games above .500 losing to 3 great teams, they are 8 games in, and mike miller is a really, really good player. his combination of athleticism and ballhandling and height will really help tighten our rotation and give us less time for arroyo. not to mention his 3 point shooting only helps spread the floor.

give them 1-2 months and they should be really good with eachother. to expect anything mroe is stupid.

LOL! You've got the no. 2 player in the game (supposedly), another top 5 player, and a 20/10 PF all healthy, and you're waiting for.......Mike Miller to "tighten up your rotation?!?!?!?!?

LMAO!!!!

Yeah, yeah, the Bulls "only" had Jordan, Pippen and Rodman BUT they really really, really needed Jughead Buechler and Lost Longley to "tighten up their rotation!!!!!

2-15's4-22's
11-10-2010, 11:30 PM
The fact that fans from other teams are talking about the Heat is tell tale sign of fear.... And the game against Utah was no fluke, they are a tough team.... Orlando is gonna have a time of it tonight against Utah too.

Certainly they (the Heat) do have bench issues at the moment, but there isn't a team in the east that would want to face the Heat in a playoff series. The only pickup I don't like is Bosh... IMO he's unproven, and lacks the physical strength to control the paint. The Heat could have landed a better big man, and a good PG for the price they are currently paying Bosh.

The Heat will be in the thick of it come playoff time.... You can bet on it.

this.

Sir Buckets
11-10-2010, 11:42 PM
this.So, according to this theory, 97% of PSD users check under their beds for Rose and the Bulls before they go to sleep?

2-15's4-22's
11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
So, according to this theory, 97% of PSD users check under their beds for Rose and the Bulls before they go to sleep?

did i write the post or him unless u have an issue with the letters T,H,I or S dnt know why me agreeing with someone is an issue

THE MTL
11-11-2010, 12:23 AM
You mean...dont ever win a ring??? Then yes, that would be one of the biggest disappointments of all time in all of pro sports. However, if they dont win it this year.....I wouldnt be surprised at all.

Seriously, you have LEBRON JAMES and DWAYNE WADE in overtime and they cant beat a Utah team with no D-Will cause of fouling out!

sargon21
11-11-2010, 12:35 AM
why do heat fans spend so much time trying to convince us about the superiority of their team?

netsgiantsyanks
11-11-2010, 12:39 AM
So, according to this theory, 97% of PSD users check under their beds for Rose and the Bulls before they go to sleep?

i do :hide:

2-15's4-22's
11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
why do heat fans spend so much time trying to convince us about the superiority of their team?

i would think because people from other teams sometimes make threads like this instead of making threads about their team but from what i notice they make threads because some of the fans are cocky i just think they was hyped up when thy got lbj so they just started writing cocky stuff but for me being a heat fan i like to be realistic and have opinions i try not to predict ...... i think we are on the defense too because i see alot of people attack the heat but i can only speak for myself

_KB24_
11-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Well they got this year's excuse down for "not gelling well" and it being their first year. It might work again for next year. After that, I don't know what else the blind Lebron homers will come up with.

Hoopsadvocate
11-11-2010, 01:04 AM

to counteract the time bulls fans spend trying to degrade our players/ team.

Chacarron
11-11-2010, 01:11 AM

Because they think 2 great players, no interior defense and a below average bench can win it all.

sargon21
11-11-2010, 01:13 AM
to counteract the time bulls fans spend trying to degrade our players/ team.

What HEAT fans need to understand, is that other NBA fans from around the league, just see you as another obstacle that we would have to get through to achieve the ultimate goal, so by pointing out your team's flaws or shortcomings doesn't mean we're "hating", we're just looking at you like any other top team in the league, because virtually every team is not perfect. And to become more respected lose the "U Mad?" ********, that's completely disrespectful, and often untrue/irrelevant and you guys were asking for trouble when ya'll started that bs.

Evolution23
11-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Real NBA fans know Lakers are still the favorites because of their length and depth on the bench. So no it won't be dissapointing for the heat

MickeyMgl
11-11-2010, 01:44 AM
The fact that fans from other teams are talking about the Heat is tell tale sign of fear....

Hmmmmm..... So the fact that Heat fans are talking about fans from other teams must be a tell-tale sign that Heat fans fear other teams' fans.

KDM1986
11-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Its hard to imagine them not winning at least 1 in the next 6 seasons. I personally believe it will be year 3 that they will shine. Two full seasons of the big 3 playing together plus Riley putting the pieces around them. Im making the call now year 3 is when they will explode.

drobe86
11-11-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm not really sure why everyone is holding the Heat to such a high standard. There are 30 nba teams that are all filled with professionals. They can put together some very good seasons without winning a ring and still be considered successful. Besides contrary to popular belief it takes more than 3 guys to win a championship.

ink
11-11-2010, 04:45 AM
I'm not really sure why everyone is holding the Heat to such a high standard. There are 30 nba teams that are all filled with professionals. They can put together some very good seasons without winning a ring and still be considered successful. Besides contrary to popular belief it takes more than 3 guys to win a championship.

How is it popular belief if most people are saying you need more than that? :confused:

JayW_1023
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
The Heat have alot of star power but they are not really a balanced team. They have three guys who are used to being the focal point, and struggle with the concept of playing a role.

The fact that Bosh, who always puts up big rebounding before this season, is averaging just over 5 boards a game is evidence of this. Neither of the big three has a defined idea of what his role is.

The 5-3 is a result of really bad chemistry.

GOON MUSIC
11-11-2010, 10:54 AM
if they dont win any yes

if they dont win this year, nahh

LA BABY !!!

camador22
11-11-2010, 11:36 AM
I think their record is very misleading. That Jazz game they lost due to poor coaching IMO. The Hornets barely survived and the Celtics are the only team that clearly beat them in their first game. They had wins in 5 blowouts including Orlando who I think is a top notch team in this league. I'm telling you tonight Miami will show Boston what they're all about and people will stop talking B.S until they're next loss. I still see them winning 65 to 68 games this year with the top record of the East. The Lakers have been impressive so far but expect some losses in the near future when they face tougher teams. Everyone needs to watch the game tonight and see what the Heat are all about.