PDA

View Full Version : Nash headed to e.c?

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 12:38 PM
ESPN NBA analyst Ric Bucher told NBA Today Podcast host Ryen Russillo Monday afternoon that Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash’s name is swirling around the trade rumor mill.

In fact, when Russillo asked for some potential names been mentioned in trade rumors other than Carmelo Anthony, Bucher answered emphatically: “Steve Nash. Steve Nash probably is No. 1.”

Here’s what Bucher said about the Nash rumors:

“I personally feel like I may have overestimated where they are, my belief in Nash to take any spare parts and make it work. I may have overestimated that.

They just don’t have what they had previously and the feeling is that you’re going to have a distinct two camps (in the Western Conference), the haves and the have-nots. Depending on where Phoenix is and in which camp, they may say ‘you know what we need to go in a different direction.’ If you’re going to move Steve Nash, you have to move him now rather than late to get something out of him.

It’s tricky because again we’re talking about a business decision and Steve Nash is a great draw in Phoenix and he’d be a great draw anywhere.”

Read more: http://valleyofthesuns.com/2010/11/08/suns-rumors-the-steve-nash-rumors-are-underway/

Ok. Nash is a class act who clearly is a top notch pg this season capable of bringing a team deep into the playoffs. The suns wouldn't slap him in the face and send him to a team going nowhere, but to a city of his choice; as along as the penny pinching suns org gets value and cash. We all know their owner is cheap... Nash said b4 that he'd like to end his career in TORONTO or NEW YORK. The raps have the TPE from the bosh deal, young players and expiring contracts. Knicks have players, STAT, D'antoni ,the city and the whole melo issue; could be a great fit for Captain Canada until the CP3 touchdown.. This could stunt rebuilding plans in Toronto 2. Ya'll smell the fire? something's up... You guys really know basketball on this site,, what you think...

I am a legend
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
i hope he goes to T.O..... Houston has the knicks pick, so go somewhere else nash

shep33
11-10-2010, 12:54 PM
He should go to the Knicks... I think that'd be kinda cool... I love watching him go pick and roll with Amare. Plus he'd make Chandler, who is already a beast, so much better. On top of that, it draws more attention to possibly sway Melo to go there. But we'll see.

prash
11-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Toronto is the best bet to make a deal because we have the trade exception + expiring contracts we can give up.

wmudford
11-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Hmm...

1)orlando would be the best fit for nash. nelson+gortat for nash.

2)new york. they would just be doing a favor for him hear, though, ultimately it wont be. curry(expiring)+toney douglas+ future pick for nash

3)Philly.just my personal idea that would be worth it for the suns. iggy+holiday for nash+hill

Rego247
11-10-2010, 01:04 PM
see thats thing as fan of the guy id want him to play on my team, but i would also like to see him win a ring before he goes out and he isnt gonna do that here or in ny.

it would be great for attendance, but like the op said, it will hurt our chances at a rebuild. if steve nash comes to the raps, we aint getting a top 5 pick for sure.

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
yup. that top 5 pick would be gone 4sure. but, you never know what Colangelo is thinking. He says he loves competition..

Lo Porto
11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I like the idea of Nash and Grant Hill to Orlando. As much as I think the Knicks want him most, Nash deserves a shot at the title with his few years left and Orlando would give him the best chance. Hill is also on his farewell tour and giving a lift to a team he left short due to injury would be a nice way for Hill to go out.

I don't think the Suns would trade him to a Western Conference team at all.

Rivera
11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
since im an orlando fan im praying any BIG name gets traded to orlando daily cause where a BIG name away from REALLY being a force

with that being said i have noticed steve nash hasnt been the same this year

now i have a question to those suns fans or those who watch suns game on the regular

is steve nash on the decline??

or is it the pieces around him thats not allowing steve nash to have a normal steve nash season???

because if hes on the decline theres no reason for orlando to try this

RaiderLakersA's
11-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't know why, but lately I'm starting to favor Nash going to a place where he has a better than average shot of winning a championship. I don't think it's likely, but it would be nice.

Geargo Wallace
11-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Nash would get the Raptors a bunch of wins. We've got some scorers who just need to be set up.

ink
11-10-2010, 01:33 PM
see thats thing as fan of the guy id want him to play on my team, but i would also like to see him win a ring before he goes out and he isnt gonna do that here or in ny.

it would be great for attendance, but like the op said, it will hurt our chances at a rebuild. if steve nash comes to the raps, we aint getting a top 5 pick for sure.

This.

Obviously I would want Nash to play for my team. But not at the cost of the future and a shot at a talent infusion from next year's draft. Acquiring Nash would typify the bandaid approach that has killed Toronto for a long time.

wmudford
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
since im an orlando fan im praying any BIG name gets traded to orlando daily cause where a BIG name away from REALLY being a force

now i have a question to those suns fans or those who watch suns game on the regular

or is it the pieces around him thats not allowing steve nash to have a normal steve nash season???

he had a rough first 3 games but has looked the nash of the past the last few. He may be a hair worse then last year, but he is still the best shooter/passer in the game

BuddhaMONK
11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Nash will never be a Raptor he just says that to satisfy us Canadians, he's a **** he;ll be on New york if he gets traded. His house is in newyork, and so are Dantoni, and stodemire (book it).

BuddhaMONK
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
he had a rough first 3 games but has looked the nash of the past the last few. He may be a hair worse then last year, but he is still the best shooter/passer in the game

lol a hair

wmudford
11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
lol a hair

Are you laughing at my terminology? Cause i know your not saying steve is much worse than a year ago

BuddhaMONK
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Are you laughing at my terminology? Cause i know your not saying steve is much worse than a year ago

no your terminology funny choice of words

MagicBucsSox
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM
it Seems the formula you beat miami is a creative pg and a big. the magic should go at Nash cause CP3 now looks like a lifer in NO.
nelson,pietrus,orton for nash,clark

BuddhaMONK
11-10-2010, 01:59 PM
it Seems the formula you beat miami is a creative pg and a big. the magic should go at Nash cause CP3 now looks like a lifer in NO.
nelson,pietrus,orton for nash,clark

I like that nash and howard would be insane together, you can get rid of carter as well in the trade.

pebloemer
11-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Nash in Orlando would be ideal. Dwight Howard can help cover him defensively, while they could have a perimeter player to take over offensively and get everyone involved. Good place for Nash to have a shot at Championship too.

ttam68
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Hmm...

2)new york. they would just be doing a favor for him hear, though, ultimately it wont be. curry(expiring)+toney douglas+ future pick for nash

3)Philly.just my personal idea that would be worth it for the suns. iggy+holiday for nash+hill

Hell no to #3. I like #1 though, a lot.

king4day
11-10-2010, 02:06 PM
The knicks deal (not one that was offered, just one the suns fans like) is Tony Douglas and Anthony Randolph for Nash.

There is 0 chance the Suns trade him for an exception. We would be losing a mega draw in Phoenix. We need hope to be able to somewhat replace that. Losing Nash for nothing would start a huge downward spiral that we don't neeed and can easily avoid.

Mikey Roxx
11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Nash goes only if he wants to. That said, I'd send him to New York or Orlando. NY has more players that I'd like to have on the Suns, but Orlando has a better chance of winning a title with him. They wouldn't short-change us on a trade, either.

td0tsfinest
11-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I would love to see Nash go to Orlando. Magic is in need of a playmaker and Nash deserves another playoff run.

Chicagofaithful
11-10-2010, 02:11 PM
If he went to Orlando... game over... If i were orlando I'd gladly give up rashard AND jameer... although most would disagree.You'd see dwight scoring 25 a night easy

Rivera
11-10-2010, 02:15 PM
If he went to Orlando... game over... If i were orlando I'd gladly give up rashard AND jameer... although most would disagree.You'd see dwight scoring 25 a night easy

im not dis agreeing with u IM ALL FOR IT

but no way pheonix is taking rashards contract

JDink24
11-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Hmm...

:puke:

saintdrew
11-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Jesus,

I'm so sick of everyone thinking all players want to go play for the NY Knicks.

Just give it up already. If that was true, then LeBron James would be wearing a Knicks jersey right now.

BuddhaMONK
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Jesus,

Just give it up already. If that was true, then LeBron James would be wearing a Knicks jersey right now.

I think Nash actually would though dantoni (favorite coach), His home is in Newyork, Stodemire (his friend and former teammate) is in Newyork

mikantsass
11-10-2010, 02:29 PM
He needs to go to a team that can win now, but still needs to get to that "next" level... Maybe the Hawks?

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Jesus,

this is from the mouth of nash..
nash in orlando would motivate carter as well. heat would have it really tough

PC
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM

The thing is, Rashard is virtually unmovable with that atrocious contract. Isn't he the second highest player in the league? And he's only halfway into it...

Slimsim
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Would like NAsh to win a ring and i don't see a ring in NY future for some time

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
The thing is, Rashard is virtually unmovable with that atrocious contract. Isn't he the second highest player in the league? And he's only halfway into it...

amen! thing is,, when he got it,, i was like,,, lewis got how much??
lol. i had 2 blink twice n roll over

BuddhaMONK
Here a good thread to start "who deserves a ring more then nash", someone else can i don't feel like it

Hawkeye15
Orlando makes perfect sense.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 02:59 PM

yep. It may need to center around VC's large expiring deal. Orlando can insert Reddick into the starting lineup, and try and pry a SG off someone.

newbs001
11-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Nash to NY would likely mean no Melo, since that would eat a significant chunk of cap for next season. Doesn't Nash make somewhere around 12-15 mil next year? Even if remotely possible, which I don't believe it is, I can't see the Knicks pulling the trigger on that without concrete proof Melo is not going to NY.

IversonIsKrazy
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
As a raps fan, not sure if I want him or not. I mean, obviously he'd make us a lot better this season, but we've been mediocre for the past 5 years, that I just WANT to rebuild.

I want to see Nash win a ring. Orlando would be intriguing. A TRUE pg for Dwight would do wonders

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Here a good thread to start "who deserves a ring more then nash", someone else can i don't feel like it
kidd

North Yorker
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
yep. It may need to center around VC's large expiring deal. Orlando can insert Reddick into the starting lineup, and try and pry a SG off someone.

Or they could center it around Gortat and then go out and sign Dampier

PC
11-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Yeah I was going to say that. If the Magic can reach a deal with the Suns, that would make so much sense for Orlando. I know someone else mentioned this too but I think he could be a nice fit in Atlanta as well

Master Mind
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Would love him in a Heat uni :sigh:

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah I was going to say that. If the Magic can reach a deal with the Suns, that would make so much sense for Orlando. I know someone else mentioned this too but I think he could be a nice fit in Atlanta as well

at this point, I am simply thinking about Nash's best chance at a ring. And Atlanta's bigs are just no contest for the other contenders.

PC
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM

But again, Gortat doesn't have the prettiest contract so I don't think a rebuilding team would want a deal built around him

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM

If the Suns are trading Nash, they will want an expiring and a pick. Gortat is not worth the investment, especially when they think so highly of Lopez

Rivera
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM

gortats contract isnt big enough if we did a deal soley around gortat we would have to give up prolly 3 more players which isnt happenin

if orlando made any deal for any superstar VCs expiring deal certainly has to be involved just to get the money dollars equal

the question is if we trade VC and started reddik would pietrus leave stan van gundys dog house? or would stan keep him there?

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Nash to NY would likely mean no Melo, since that would eat a significant chunk of cap for next season. Doesn't Nash make somewhere around 12-15 mil next year? Even if remotely possible, which I don't believe it is, I can't see the Knicks pulling the trigger on that without concrete proof Melo is not going to NY.

ain't nash making 11-12? his contract is two years and 22 mi..
melo is going to the knicks. either a trade or free agency. book it.
so the magic better get nash, cause it was chris paul and his brother who made the big 3 comment at melo's wedding.

North Yorker
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
gortats contract isnt big enough if we did a deal soley around gortat we would have to give up prolly 3 more players which isnt happenin

if orlando made any deal for any superstar VCs expiring deal certainly has to be involved just to get the money dollars equal

the question is if we trade VC and started reddik would pietrus leave stan van gundys dog house? or would stan keep him there?

What about this? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=296vrhh

heyman321
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I hope Nash gets traded to Orlando for his sake. He deserves a legit shot at a ring.

VC + Jameer Nelson + something else for Nash, Hill, 1st rounder?

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 03:12 PM

you mean, Michael "even if I upfake a guy into the stands, I am still jacking a 3 versus driving to the rim" Pietrus?

Rivera
11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
What about this? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=296vrhh

i would take the trade but it doesnt make much sense for the suns

like hawkeye said why would u trade for a big when u already have a young big that the suns are high on

its not a good deal for pheonix

you mean, Michael "even if I upfake a guy into the stands, I am still jacking a 3 versus driving to the rim" Pietrus?

hahahaha yea but i still love him only cause hes on MY team lol at least he plays a little defense

Mplsman
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Nash will want to win a title if he leaves and that will not happen in Toronto.

AI4MVP
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Ok number one, the deal i would want for Nash is to New York for Toney Douglas and Anthony Randolph.

Number two, believe it or not Knick fans, Nash would make your team better then Carmelo would, without question. Theres zero doubt in my mind. Nash would continue his thing with Amar'e and make every single other player on the Knicks much much better. Danilo Gallinari will become a ****ing star with Nash giving him the ball. You trade Douglas and Randolph for Nash right now and he instantly get home court advantage. Heat, Magic, Celtics, Knicks. Yes, even ahead of the Bulls. Thats how much better Nash makes a team. Think about the rosters that Nash and Amare have taken to 55+ win seasons. The knicks have players on there roster that can fit in great

numba1CHANGsta
11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
He wont go to the Lakers, Heat or Celtics, and I hope he dont go to the Magic as well, Nash, Carter, Lewis and Dwight would be nastyy

Mplsman
11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Not a fan of this thread title...

IDB Josh M
send him to millwauke for BJ and one other.

rapjuicer06
steve nash, grant hill and jason richardson for vince carter, jameer nelson, and daniel orten (and a 1st round pick)

Chicagofaithful
11-10-2010, 05:14 PM
steve nash, grant hill and jason richardson for vince carter, jameer nelson, and daniel orten (and a 1st round pick)

IMO the suns get raped in that one

rapjuicer06
11-10-2010, 05:17 PM
IMO the suns get raped in that one

in any deal them trading nash = rape to be honest...

pebloemer
11-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Carter, Nelson, Orton and first rounder pick for Nash, Turkoglu, Frye.

Phoenix get PG replacement in Nelson, young prospect in Orton, first round pick as compensation for losing their franchise player. Orlando takes on the extra years of Turk and Frye while shipping Carter to give Phoenix some long term financial relief to aid in the rebuild.

rapjuicer06
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Carter, Nelson, Orton and first rounder pick for Nash, Turkoglu, Frye.

Phoenix get PG replacement in Nelson, young prospect in Orton, first round pick as compensation for losing their franchise player. Orlando takes on the extra years of Turk and Frye while shipping Carter to give Phoenix some long term financial relief to aid in the rebuild.

that would give orlando the best team in the NBA by far. it wouldn't even be close after that.

Nash-williams-duhon
redick-richardson-hedo
hedo-pietrus-richardson
lewis-bass-anderson
howard-gortat-frye

wow....that would be by far the most ridiculous team in the nba...although if we got hedo back, i'd want jameer instead of nash to be honest

Kashmir13579
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Jesus,

who said "all players" want to play for New York? its not for everyone... Lebron "took his talents" elsewhere.. you should "just give it up already"

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
that would give orlando the best team in the NBA by far. it wouldn't even be close after that. Nash-williams-duhon
redick-richardson-hedo
hedo-pietrus-richardson
lewis-bass-anderson
howard-gortat-frye

wow....that would be by far the most ridiculous team in the nba...although if we got hedo back, i'd want jameer instead of nash to be honest

They wouldn't even be the 2nd best team in the east.

Johann
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
imagin the alleyoops to demar :drool:

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
that would give orlando the best team in the NBA by far. it wouldn't even be close after that.

Nash-williams-duhon
redick-richardson-hedo
hedo-pietrus-richardson
lewis-bass-anderson
howard-gortat-frye

yes.. real talks, that team could be tops in the east. nash d12 combo would be absolutely devestating.MIA is too weak at those postions. imagine the pick and roll. d12 is so wide and mobile. then lewis at the 3 pt line afterward. kg, boozer and bosh dont want to be out there on defense.
OMG!! i can just see the lobs now. back in the day, ya'll might not know, when carter was in Toronto, he told management to get nash. orl should keep carter. his deal is almost done

jeter4president
11-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Hmm...

philly wouldnt do this. I know nash is great, but they are tryin to build with youth, and its not like getting him would put the sixers in the class with the celts, heat, magic or bulls, so therefore, itd be pointless.

and you would want to team up iggy with nash, not move one for the other.

serrano275
11-10-2010, 06:02 PM
It would be nice to get Nash even if he is 36. But based on what each team has to offer and the contracts of the players. I could not see a trade happening where both sides walk away content. Orlando just needs a Kobe or Melo kind of guy. VC hasn't been able to do that.

jeter4president
11-10-2010, 06:02 PM
how bout this...trade nash for wade right now!

nash
whoever
lebron
bosh
whoever

better maybe? (im only sort of kind of kidding)

ballbrains
11-10-2010, 06:07 PM
how bout this...trade nash for wade right now!

nash
whoever
lebron
bosh
whoever

better maybe? (im only sort of kind of kidding)

there is truth in jest

JRisdabest
11-10-2010, 06:28 PM
nash to griffin ally oop

NYKnicks4511
11-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Jesus,

The only reason he isn't, is because his mom's sexual escapades with Mr. West would get blown up in the media.

Who cares anyway, it's over. Nash lives in NYC in the off-season, he has a great relationship with Mike D, and he can play with Stat again. Don't hate before thinking it through. It's not like we think KD or Dwight will come here after their contracts end.

Your boy CP3 on the other hand . . . :rolleyes:

DoJoTheSlasher
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
lol a hair

And Dirk has something to say about best shooter.

DoJoTheSlasher
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
The only reason he isn't, is because his mom's sexual escapades with Mr. West would get blown up in the media.

Who cares anyway, it's over. Nash lives in NYC in the off-season, he has a great relationship with Mike D, and he can play with Stat again. Don't hate before thinking it through. It's not like we think KD or Dwight will come here after their contracts end.

Your boy CP3 on the other hand . . . :rolleyes:

Getting Nash wouldn't make you guys a contender.....

AI4MVP
11-10-2010, 09:55 PM
"Steve's not going to be traded, that I can tell you," Gentry said. "If he's getting traded I'm going along with him."

"All the guys on the coaching staff are going to make sure that it doesn't happen. I don't think Lon and Lance are going to let it happen. So who the hell is going to trade him? Not Robert, I know that."

http://ktar.com/category/suns-articles/20101110/Suns-make-it-clear;-Nash-isn't-going-anywhere/

/thread

D Roses Bulls
11-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Hmm...

why would thye trade nelson who is like 10 years younger then him for a guy who is going to play maybe 1 more year in the NBA?

jon32
11-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Being a Raptors fan / Canadian........I personally don't want him in Toronto.....I'd much rather him go to a team where he has a chance. Gotta see him get a ring. Even if he went to the Heat.....I'd be o.k with that....for a year if they win....

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I would never trade for him at this point.

Shady66
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM

If he went to Orlando I guarantee he would be having a much better season than he is now. He is forced to score more then he would like, with the loss of amare. And I think his assists are down just because the chemistry isn't their yet. Although the last 2 games they look normal. I think he is on the decline a bit, but hes still a top3-5 pg.

Duncan = Donkey
11-10-2010, 11:32 PM
He's not getting traded.

"Steve's not going to be traded, that I can tell you," Gentry said. "If he's getting traded I'm going along with him."

"All the guys on the coaching staff are going to make sure that it doesn't happen. I don't think Lon and Lance are going to let it happen. So who the hell is going to trade him? Not Robert, I know that."

The head coach didn't only address the issue in general terms. Gentry went as far as calling out a specific rumor from Sports Illustrated.

"If you're talking about the guys in Sports illustrated, then great," he said. "It's great the way they fantasize about everything. They write about this trade and that trade and half the time you couldn't do it anyways. Steve is here. He's the face of our franchise and he's here."

ktar.com

Duncan = Donkey
11-10-2010, 11:34 PM
why would thye trade nelson who is like 10 years younger then him for a guy who is going to play maybe 1 more year in the NBA?

we dont want nelson anyway, overrated. rather give starting job to the Dragon

D Roses Bulls
11-11-2010, 01:30 AM
we dont want nelson anyway, overrated. rather give starting job to the Dragon

you must of not have watched nelson a lot then if you think he is overrated

THE GIPPER
11-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Nash to orlando would be siiiick!! dwight would be unstopable. he would finally have someone on his team who has court vision cuz seriously jameer sucks... all he has to do is throw it up for dwight to go get it and he cant even do that.

Blazers#1Fan
11-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Nash to orlando would be siiiick!! dwight would be unstopable. he would finally have someone on his team who has court vision cuz seriously jameer sucks... all he has to do is throw it up for dwight to go get it and he cant even do that.

:facepalm: Nelson is a pretty good player

id do this trade

Nash to ORl
Nelson to POR
Fernandez gortat to PHX

lol

THE GIPPER
11-11-2010, 02:00 AM
this team made their biggest run in the playoffs two years ago without jameer so i really dont think hes so great that they shouldnt give him up to get nash

dodie53
11-11-2010, 02:14 AM
if he gets traded,
i hope he goes to orlando

evadatam5150
11-11-2010, 02:39 AM
I like the idea of Nash and Grant Hill to Orlando. As much as I think the Knicks want him most, Nash deserves a shot at the title with his few years left and Orlando would give him the best chance. Hill is also on his farewell tour and giving a lift to a team he left short due to injury would be a nice way for Hill to go out.

I don't think the Suns would trade him to a Western Conference team at all.

Deserves...??? :confused:

How does he deserve more than anyone else in the NBA.. ?? I just don't understand this sentiment at all.. How about earning it.. Just a thought..

The Final Boss
11-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Nash and class don't belong in the same sentence. Lost all respect for the can when he disrespected Vic 'The Brick' Jacobs when Los Angeles was toying with Phoenix in the playoffs.

Btw is Bucher the same stiff who called himself a 'Kobe confidant'? The same hack who once proclaimed, 'I talked to Kobe, and he reiterated that he'll never lace 'em up in L.A. again'?

More **** comes out of his mouth than out of his ***.

Everyone has a person that they'd like to smack. For me its Bayless, Sapp, all the Espn hacks, Baldinger, bucher, adande, the other black guy on around the horn, moss, deangelo hall, Barney, The Teletubbies, and a couple others that I don't remember at this moment so I'll edit this post later.

uprightciti
11-11-2010, 02:54 AM
he aint goin no where

Hunter48MVP
11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Steve Nash would look better in a Magic uniform and is a better fit in Orlando.

Byronicle
11-11-2010, 11:26 AM
baby come back!

to canada that is ;)

nycericanguy
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Jesus,

haha so because LBJ didn't go there that means no one wants to play in NY? You think NY isn't Melo's top choice? You think Nash wouldn't love to play at home back with D'antoni & Amare. I'm not saying EVERYONE wants to go to NY, but I just don't get all the NY hate. I mean NY has been bad for a decade...why such anger?... Usually the best teams get all the hate (LAL & MIA)...but NY? why?

Sly Guy
11-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I'd like to see Nash win a championship more than anything. I'm a huge fan of him both as a classy player and bringing back the legitimacy of the pass first point guard. If he were to get traded, I'd like to see him go to a team like orlando.

If he can't be put on a contender, I wouldn't mind him on a team like the Knicks, to be reunited with Amare and D'Antoni.

As for my Raps, we're desperate for a PG, especially one that can run an uptempo system, so I see him being a great fit, but this year we need to be focused more on the draft than wins, so bringing in nash is counterproductive at this point.

Bob_at_york
11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
If Nash is available then Hill and JRich are probably available too. I wonder where they could go. I would love JRich on the Raptors.

JETS2010REVIS
11-11-2010, 02:59 PM
C'mon, in a league with the westbrooks, rose's rondo's and william's who needs the nash's, kidd's and the baron davis's

reffahead
11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Would like to see Nash come to the hawks, he seems to still have a good relationship with Joe johnson.

The best we could do is offer Jamal Crawford(10 million expiring), Jeff teague, and a couple of 1st rounders.

Sly Guy
11-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Would like to see Nash come to the hawks, he seems to still have a good relationship with Joe johnson.

The best we could do is offer Jamal Crawford(10 million expiring), Jeff teague, and a couple of 1st rounders.

that would be a deadly addition to that team. Wow.

Bishnoff
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM

I don't think he's lost anything offensively. He's having to force it more (like in 05-06) and has to get used to a lot of new players (and vice versa).

Bishnoff
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
C'mon, in a league with the westbrooks, rose's rondo's and william's who needs the nash's, kidd's and the baron davis's

How could you class Baron Davis with Nash and Kidd? That's pretty disrespectful.

Do you want to elaborate because I can’t see your point?

Bishnoff
11-11-2010, 05:55 PM
If Nash is available then Hill and JRich are probably available too. I wonder where they could go. I would love JRich on the Raptors.

If we traded Nash I'd be very surprised if we also traded J-Rich. He's playing well at the moment and is our best scorer. Trading Nash wouldn't be blowing up the team, especially after all the off-season moves we made.

Raph12
11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
If he wants to win a ring and the Suns want him to win a ring, he'll go to Orlando... NY sounds more likely though.

MickeyMgl
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I personally feel like I may have overestimated where they are, my belief in Nash to take any spare parts and make it work. I may have overestimated that.

They just dont have what they had previously....

Gee, maybe what they had previously had a lot to do with Nash's two (2!) MVPs. I think a lot of writers overestimated Nash's ability to take any spare parts and make it work. Geez.... I wish more of those sportswriters would cop to this.

assisi805
11-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Being a canadian I would love Nash to be in his home country, But being a canadian who is not a raptors fan has me just wanting the canadian boy Nash to win a ring. Best bet for that is to send him to Orlando, as Stated Howard can more then make up for Nash's short Cummings on defence and can get Orlando's Three point shooters open looks in games like their in the practice gym and if you thought Nash and Amare ran the pick and roll well, Game over Ladies and Gentleman.