PDA

View Full Version : Is the new technical rule out of control? (WTF SERIOUSLY YO)

Hustla23
11-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Okay, so you can choose to believe this or not.

Last night, during the Bucks - Knicks game, there was an incident where Timofey Mozgov was shouldered in the abdomen and crumpled to the ground screaming in pain.

One of the officials motioned for the trainer to come out and tend to him.

Then, the other official gave him a technical foul( YES, the TRAINER was actually given a technical foul) for being on the court.

Probably one of the more bizarre calls I have ever seen.

But the bigger issue here is that officials can seriously now do whatever the hell they want without being questioned twice.

It is disgusting.

daleja424
11-10-2010, 12:00 PM
this is not a new rule... the rules are the same now as they have been for a while for all the coaches and bench personnel. the only rules that changed were the on court rules for players...and even those were not changed (they were just emphasized).

so the same thing would of probably happened in the same situation last year b/c the rukes for techs in that respect are the same

that being said...it was obviously a misunderstanding and the refs should have corrected themselves...BUT this has nothing to do with the new tech rules

hugepatsfan
11-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I bet you it was Joey Crawford that gave out the tech.

Hustla23
11-10-2010, 12:07 PM
this is not a new rule... the rules are the same now as they have been for a while for all the coaches and bench personnel. the only rules that changed were the on court rules for players...and even those were not changed (they were just emphasized).

so the same thing would of probably happened in the same situation last year b/c the rukes for techs in that respect are the same

that being said...it was obviously a misunderstanding and the refs should have corrected themselves...BUT this has nothing to do with the new tech rules
Hmm... I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Nonetheless, where have you ever seen that call made?

That was a complete dick move.

And furthermore, it seems like refs are more willing to show off their power now that they don't have to explain anything.

Hustla23
11-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I bet you it was Joey Crawford that gave out the tech.
Nah, it was some noob.

omdigga
11-10-2010, 12:18 PM
that call was pretty whack... some of the techs they are calling are a bit sketchy... the "respect the game rule" is so inconsistent.. players get techs for showing emotion.. (turiaf git a tech for jumping up and down after he made a play on the ball) its kind of weird.. but i have to admit, without all the players crying after every play, the game is more fun to watch..

Double_R
11-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I hate the new rule, I saw one called against CP3 on a 3pt play against the Heat, when he hit a tough lay-up/and1 and just fist pumped because it was a tough shot and they T'd him up in the 4th with a few minutes to go, it was absolutely insane, especially how late it was in such a close game.

StevenU2009
11-10-2010, 12:34 PM
The concept is good. I think we all agree the *****ing and whining was out of control. But the way it's played out so far has been atrocious. We ask these guys to play hard and to play with passion and the refs need to be aware of whether a display is directed at them or just a player being pumped up-the way they are supposed to be-like that Turiaf play and several others like it where the player said nothing and made no gesture at a ref but simply was excited or frustrated with themselves. And, if the ref is not sure? No tech. It is detracting from the game. It really did appear that the ref last night waved for the trainer to come out for Mosgov.

NYsFinest
11-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Gives too much control to refs over games... like the NBA didn't just have a scandal involving the refs controlling games for their own benefits. Stern thought it would be a good idea to give more judgment power to the refs... can't stand that guy.

Unruly Fan
11-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't like how players are not allowed to show any emotion at all (good or bad).

prash
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
The 'Respect for the game' rule is too extreme in its current form.

It actually manages disrespects the game because emotions are a natural part of this game and a part that many of us enjoy witnessing.

Rego247
11-10-2010, 01:09 PM
so hustla23 one ref motioned to get the trainer on the court and the other gave the trainer a tech for being on the court?

were these refs high or something? thats the stupidest thing i've heard.

as for the new T rule, it only applies to average players, superstars get a free pass. which is bs.

NYsFinest
11-10-2010, 01:19 PM
so hustla23 one ref motioned to get the trainer on the court and the other gave the trainer a tech for being on the court?

were these refs high or something? thats the stupidest thing i've heard.

as for the new T rule, it only applies to average players, superstars get a free pass. which is bs.

Yupp thats exactly what it looked like, his excuse later was that he was motioning at D'Antoni to call a timeout.

colinskik
11-12-2010, 01:31 PM
The concept is good. I think we all agree the *****ing and whining was out of control. But the way it's played out so far has been atrocious. We ask these guys to play hard and to play with passion and the refs need to be aware of whether a display is directed at them or just a player being pumped up-the way they are supposed to be-like that Turiaf play and several others like it where the player said nothing and made no gesture at a ref but simply was excited or frustrated with themselves. And, if the ref is not sure? No tech. It is detracting from the game. It really did appear that the ref last night waved for the trainer to come out for Mosgov.
No, the concept is bad. There was already a rule in place to curb overly animated reactions or disrespect toward refs, which worked fine in past years. The new rule detracts from the game and, more importantly, may result in players having to alter the way they play because of a bogus tech call.

Say for instance a player gets a tech for waving his arm when he was fouled but no whistle was blown. Now he has to make sure he doesn't foul too hard or do anything that would've warranted a tech in years past.

And, I don't care if players whine. Go right ahead. It doesn't affect anyone but themselves.

MTone8788
11-12-2010, 01:33 PM
(WTF SERIOUSLY YO)? Hahaha

Guru™
11-12-2010, 01:34 PM
They need to stop worrying about stupid **** like this and start worrying about the excessive flopping that takes place today. It is ****ing ridiculous